Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2012, 00:47 Orphic Resonance

who cares? since they are down under

i wonder what the world would be like if chick-fil-a was run by gay people

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frontier Layoffs
21. Re: Frontier Layoffs Dec 18, 2012, 00:45 Orphic Resonance

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
27. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 18, 2012, 00:44 Orphic Resonance

ROLLINCHIKN IN DA HOUSE!!

CHICK FIL A IS THE DEVILS CHIKN!

19. Re: Frontier Layoffs Dec 17, 2012, 19:55 Orphic Resonance

oh no please no

btw thanks for letting me know - that information is so valuable to me

now i can cry myself to sleep over it

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2012, 18:11 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 11:59:
Good to see our government really working to cut all that discretionary spending...

yeh up until just recently it was all running so smoothly

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
22. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 17, 2012, 18:07 Orphic Resonance

its a good thing the goverment is perfect, otherwise we might have to consider questioning their laws  

17. nothing to see here, move along Dec 17, 2012, 18:01 Orphic Resonance

winter solstice.. yay! the sunlight is coming back - our crops will thrive again

BUY A BUNCH OF SHIT ITS GOOD FOR YOU AND THE REST OF THE WORLD! BUYING SHIT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!

jesus loves you, he let himself get murdered so you can have a sweet sweet afterlife as long as you kiss his ass and live for his name alone

happy holidays

6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2012, 09:39 Orphic Resonance

yeh remote controlled mecha warfare is right around the corner..

if they had that when i was a kid i probly woulda signed up

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 16, 2012, 23:54 Orphic Resonance

so now we can look forward to military grade video cards  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 16, 2012, 19:39 Orphic Resonance

god doesnt give a shit about anything or anyone

listen to the machine hum...

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: This Dec 16, 2012, 18:34 Orphic Resonance

yuastnav wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 11:36:
Moral superiority does not really exist

of course it exists.. its the basis of the entire right wing conservative platform.. marriage is only between man and woman, god says so, god created the universe so hes better than you, im on gods side so im better than you, etc.

its not "real" in the sense that its bullshit, but it still exists

yuastnav wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 11:36:
Also, your logic is partly confusing to me.
You claim that everyone is an egomaniac, i.e. that this is the default condition of a human being but you also call that a failing. So it's a failing by definition, i.e. society is actually not supposed to work by working?
And by whose moral standards is it a failing? Yours? The society's?

morals are conditioned responses, man made laws, etc. they vary from culture to culture, from region to region - they are relative to a certain time and place

and yes, society is designed to foster selfishness in a way that keeps the powerful people large and in charge, that is the design that has been passed down through the millienia - now, the details on that would take many pages of writing to explain, and i dont really care to do that right now - but the basic point is to keep people fat and happy, keep them believing in what is now known as "the american dream", which is a farce - but is essentially based on that same "king of the hill" scramble to the top where you step on everything and everyone in your way.. for a great modern example, see: steve jobs

the failure is in terms of viability - long term sustainability - that is where it fails.. 6000 years is really not a long time, in terms of the survival of the species.. and the city-state methodolody is roughly that old.. at the current rate of population increase, consumption, pollution, etc. - it wont last another few hundred years

now, you may disagree with that projection - but no one can prove it one way or the other so it will have to remain a theory

but actually i think the most pressing concern for humanity is the AI singularity - once we design an AI that can upgrade itself much better than we can... thats a big deal IMO, and it could change the whole game in a big way

40. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2012, 02:31 Orphic Resonance

no thats me - and im not sure how that quote equates to being on a soapbox.. the rest of the post, maybe - but its a bit different because im actually putting in some work, educating you monkeys

dont deny me before men! or i will deny you before my father who is in heaven!!!!! BITCH! Rotfl

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2012, 00:31 Orphic Resonance

Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 22:40:
Wow, that was totally logical and rational. "...something very real and binding should differentiate them from the complete no-name amateurs with zero funding and no prospects" is an opinion, not common sense. That has nothing to do with the basic difference between pro and amateur, and that is not the distinction you were making and you damn well know it.

Yeh thats like saying "purple is a color, and you know it!!"

Of course I know it. Its obvious and goes without saying.

Just saying "thats your opinion!!" is entirely and utterly meaningless. Of course its my opinion. What else would it be? My kingly decree? The law of the land?

Get over yourself.

38. Re: This Dec 16, 2012, 00:27 Orphic Resonance

Dades wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 00:05:
We love to think we can fix everything but the only real way to do that is through stricter controls and better societal support mechanisms that most people in North America do not want except in these rare post-tragedy moments.

I think it has alot to do with people getting off on being morally superior and righteous. "Im more concerned about other people than you are!" and all that. "Im RIGHT! You're WRONG!" Its a subconscious thing, but its worth mentioning. People are all ego-maniacs, its how society works. Go ahead and deny it if you want, but that just means you cant see your own failings.

If you really want to do something about the "morally corrupt" society we live in, quit talking about how you want to do something and actually DO something. Talk is cheap. SO cheap. Get off the soapbox and put in the effort, instead of spending all your time puffing up like a peacock.

"You will know them by their fruits"

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2012, 22:18 Orphic Resonance

you think the news media is going to avoid sensationalism because "its the right thing to do"? are you fucking kidding? just like they "do the right thing" when it comes to war crimes, politics, imperialism and all the rest?

its about MONEY kids, ratings, hits, likes, attention... whatever gets people to watch gives the networks more potential ad revenue

how many times will this have to happen until people understand that? the answer is that it will keep happening forever, because humanity is unable to move beyond it and get their priorities in order.. it will happen until there is no one left to die anymore, because no one will still be alive

cynical, yes - but accurate according all the data at hand in the past century of broadcast journalism

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 22:10 Orphic Resonance

there is a difference between pro and amateur - thats basic common sense, not an opinion

otherwise they wouldnt be two different words with completely different meanings

disagree with it all you want.. it wont make your shit smell any better than mine

News Comments > etc.
5. virtual sex Dec 15, 2012, 22:07 Orphic Resonance

once they get to the point where they can wire the virtual reality directly into your brain, ala matrix... then i'll consider it  

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 22:05 Orphic Resonance

yeh i think there should be a limit as well, people who are proven designers with 10+ year careers, who live in million dollar homes, with access to 100 man teams of pro designers - they should have to kick in some matching funds or provide extra contracts, or something... something very real and binding should differentiate them from the complete no-name amateurs with zero funding and no prospects

thats just basic common sense

in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if kickstarter branches out into two different sites, "pro" and "amateur"

people who have years and years of industry experience shouldnt be able to reap the same benefits, they already have a distinct advantage

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week
19. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 00:33 Orphic Resonance

YAWN DLC  

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin Space Game
8. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 12:41 Orphic Resonance

"We should go boldly where man has not gone before. Fly by the comets, visit asteroids, visit the moon of Mars. There’s a monolith there. A very unusual structure on this potato shaped object that goes around Mars once in seven hours. When people find out about that they’re going to say ‘who put that there? Who put that there?’ The universe put it there. If you choose, God put it there…”

- Buzz Aldrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIXvpjnRws

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo