Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 21:14 Orphic Resonance

i have a secret wish too.

but kim's wish is no longer secret, since she directly spells it out in the next sentence.. and its curious she chose to frame it in that way

I like the Whopper, fuck the Big Mac

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2013, 20:11 Orphic Resonance

EDUCATION!!

Highfive

10. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2013, 20:08 Orphic Resonance

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 19:23:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 18:46:
TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 16:23:
A high metacritic score is the defining metric for how great mediocrity can be

you are another perfect example

I'm legitimately concerned i don't meet your approval. I have so much feels right now.

and now you know how much value your proclamations hold for everyone else

because its the same thing

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon?
15. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 20:06 Orphic Resonance

i wonder how many people even know about the pen and paper game this is based on, let alone played it..

if you did, youd probably be pretty excited about this.. especially in light of witcher series

7. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2013, 18:46 Orphic Resonance

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 16:23:
A high metacritic score is the defining metric for how great mediocrity can be

you are another perfect example

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 2, 2013, 23:15 Orphic Resonance

but but but! you can jump on a chair and balance a dinosaurs nose on the tip and then run down his back and slip under a desk and cut down trees and saw lumber and sand it down and make more desks! and you can count the grains of sand on the beach! and you can fistfight with a raptor!  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 2, 2013, 21:32 Orphic Resonance

Nothing good ever happens to anyone in Spec Ops: The Line. It starts with a rescue, a rough situation destined to get worse, and unravels in a downward spiral where only bad things happen to good people. By the end, physical, mental, and moral disruption leave each character in a very different place than they started. You almost expect it to have been written by Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin.

This isnít a good thing for Captain Martin Walker, our intrepid hero whose will weakens with every enemy encounter. He transforms from a cheesy clichť to someone you sympathize with, and then develops into something despicable. How he gets there isnít up to you -- what it ultimately means, though, is entirely your call.

Story is Spec Opsí strong suit, and while the inconsistent combat isnít ideal, the gameplay does a great job of facilitating that narrative between intense encounters. In fact, The Line accomplishes something most shooters donít bother with: It makes violence meaningful. Every firefight ends with Walker and his Delta Force squad regretting what they've done.

- IGN

hmmm.. really tho.. im not looking for story from FPS games, ive never seen one that comes even remotely close to a halfway decent movie.. maybe Undying .. but that wasnt really the same kind of FPS, more like adventure/fps

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Funded
8. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 2, 2013, 21:26 Orphic Resonance

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:53:
I can't get over how well tabletop games do with kickstarter and who has all the time to learn all the different one's?

tabletop games are doing quite well atm

the euro style games have a lot of similar qualities, especially the "worker placement" ones

its not that tough to get your head around because they tend to borrow mechanics or use slightly modified versions

some favorites: ninjato, agricola, puerto rico, starfarers of catan, merchants and marauders, alien frontiers, mansions of madness (occasionally.. setup is a chore)

also i like mage knight, but most people dont have the patience for it.. its a game that has entire player turn reversals built into the rules, because its so complex that its easier to just do everything and then rewind time later if you have to, rather than planning everything beforehand

News Comments > LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements
11. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 21:10 Orphic Resonance

Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:40:
That score is one of many scores that, over the years, have led me to believe that Metacritic is about as useful as any other online review source.

that seems weird since metacritic is not a review source, but an aggregation of all available reviews, with an average of all the scores

apples and oranges

maybe you are just so different from the average! you are like a maverick that goes his own way, all reviews be damned!

maybe you can expose how useless metacritic is to the rest of the ignorant, unwashed masses!

... talk to me goose

3. like WHOAAAAAAAA Jan 2, 2013, 20:58 Orphic Resonance

Sepharo wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 20:18:
It supposedly has an interesting 4th wallish message to it about violence. I picked it up on sale but haven't played it yet.

a FPS game with a critique on violence.. that sounds so meta

or is it ironic?

something like that

2. make it so Jan 1, 2013, 15:56 Orphic Resonance

i find it quite helpful to not identify with the human race at all

your mileage may vary

News Comments > New Year's Screenshots
1. Re: New Year's Screenshots Jan 1, 2013, 15:54 Orphic Resonance

damn, finally

i wanna play this one

reminds me of some farscape type shit

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in March?
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Jan 1, 2013, 15:51 Orphic Resonance

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 10:48:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 10:43:
i dont know if this has anything to do with LA Noire performance issues... but one thing that was weird as shit to me was how Dead Island gets easily 15fps more by using a gamepad instead of the mouse... like there is some kind of really shitty code handling the tracking for it
I noticed with GTAIV that it seemed much smoother when using a gamepad, which is because they smooth the movement and optimise loading around it. I don't think it actually performs any better, it just helps mask the framerate drops.

if you ever get a copy of Dead Island you should try it

on that one its a distinct fps increase.. you can track it with fraps

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Jan 1, 2013, 10:43 Orphic Resonance

i dont know if this has anything to do with LA Noire performance issues... but one thing that was weird as shit to me was how Dead Island gets easily 15fps more by using a gamepad instead of the mouse... like there is some kind of really shitty code handling the tracking for it

really really wacky shit.. its a noticeable difference too - its not negligible

i wonder if its a machine specific issue

14. ITS LIKE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS!!! Dec 31, 2012, 20:59 Orphic Resonance

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 20:28:
Rockstar treats PC gamers with contempt, so they absolutely deserve the criticism I have directed at them. There may be worse companies but that's like ranking serial killers by their depravity when they're all fucking sickos.

hmmm - so it seems you dont like R* very much

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse
11. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 20:20 Orphic Resonance

i can almost understand the accumulation and hoarding of virtual goods, IF they were actually worth something, did something, etc...

but MMOs and zynga shit?

such people dwell deep in the kernel of pure sadness

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 31, 2012, 20:17 Orphic Resonance

the FC3 sex scene definitely took me by surprise.. and it certainly added to the story imo, it wasnt gratuitous

didnt really matter much tho, the storyline is all over the place and really weak

News Comments > Dune II Web Revival
14. Re: Dune II Web Revival Dec 31, 2012, 20:13 Orphic Resonance

Shataan wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 13:59:
I always dreamed of a Next Gen DUNE 1st person game. It has cool weaps. Awesome protagonists. Beautiful locations and set piecing. But nope. Someone would rather make ..... Duke Nukem. Daikatana etc.

hell yeh next gen!

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse
4. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 13:19 Orphic Resonance

yeh i dont really feel secure about much of anything these days.. other than death and taxes  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 31, 2012, 13:17 Orphic Resonance

what are the negative effects of having real guns all over the fucking place?

oh...

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo