Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb Jan 5, 2013, 22:23 Orphic Resonance

Federal and state authorities have chosen not to indict HSBC, the London-based bank, on charges of vast and prolonged money laundering, for fear that criminal prosecution would topple the bank and, in the process, endanger the financial system.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the reasoning here is beyond flawed. When you decide not to prosecute bankers for billion-dollar crimes connected to drug-dealing and terrorism (some of HSBC's Saudi and Bangladeshi clients had terrorist ties, according to a Senate investigation), it doesn't protect the banking system, it does exactly the opposite. It terrifies investors and depositors everywhere, leaving them with the clear impression that even the most "reputable" banks may in fact be captured institutions whose senior executives are in the employ of (this can't be repeated often enough) murderers and terrorists. Even more shocking, the Justice Department's response to learning about all of this was to do exactly the same thing that the HSBC executives did in the first place to get themselves in trouble they took money to look the other way.

And not only did they sell out to drug dealers, they sold out cheap. You'll hear bragging this week by the Obama administration that they wrested a record penalty from HSBC, but it's a joke. Some of the penalties involved will literally make you laugh out loud. This is from Breuer's announcement:

As a result of the government's investigation, HSBC has . . . "clawed back" deferred compensation bonuses given to some of its most senior U.S. anti-money laundering and compliance officers, and agreed to partially defer bonus compensation for its most senior officials during the five-year period of the deferred prosecution agreement.

Wow. So the executives who spent a decade laundering billions of dollars will have to partially defer their bonuses during the five-year deferred prosecution agreement? Are you fucking kidding me? That's the punishment?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > James Bond: License Revoked?
9. Re: James Bond: License Revoked? Jan 5, 2013, 22:19 Orphic Resonance

ruh roh!  

News Comments > The Showdown Effect Trailer
6. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 09:49 Orphic Resonance

Starbound is the only side-scroller im interested in.. i hope they can deliver on the terraria x 100 concept  

News Comments > The War Z at War
36. Re: The War Z at War Jan 5, 2013, 03:43 Orphic Resonance

Flatline wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 22:19:
EPIC.
FAIL.

MINDLESS.
AUTOMATON.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 5, 2013, 03:40 Orphic Resonance

Chris Walken is one of my favorite actors... i know his work very well, and that is a horrible impression

btw this is classic walken right here, pure fucking gold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OEXbaJHDkE

kevin pollack does a good impression, so do a few others.. but those game videos suck le donkey balls

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter
7. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 21:50 Orphic Resonance

PHJF wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:46:
At least the game looks cool. Seems like a Diablo-ized take on Muramasa/Odin Sphere.

at least mcdonalds food is cheap

right?

actually, raging fat asses are probably not the best people to contemplate that

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 21:42 Orphic Resonance

1badmf wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 20:41:
the single greatest piece of wisdom i've ever come across is from plato who said that wisdom is knowing that you know nothing..

thats from socrates, mr badmf

too bad you didnt know that you didnt know this.. ironic huh?

plato was his student, but also a pretentious chump IMO... my fav was pythagoras, but diogenes is quite entertaining..

btw i doubt you've read "The Republic".. plato is a thieving asshole, much like hesiod

Plato was discoursing on his theory of ideas and, pointing to the cups on the table before him, said while there are many cups in the world, there is only one `idea' of a cup, and this cupness precedes the existence of all particular cups.

"I can see the cup on the table," interupted Diogenes, "but I can't see the `cupness'".

"That's because you have the eyes to see the cup," said Plato, "but", tapping his head with his forefinger, "you don't have the intellect with which to comprehend `cupness'."

Diogenes walked up to the table, examined a cup and, looking inside, asked, "Is it empty?"

Plato nodded.

"Where is the `emptiness' which procedes this empty cup?" asked Diogenes.

Plato allowed himself a few moments to collect his thoughts, but Diogenes reached over and, tapping Plato's head with his finger, said "I think you will find here is the `emptiness'."

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 4, 2013, 21:36 Orphic Resonance

horrible, horrible impression

the worst

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter
3. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 20:47 Orphic Resonance

all the parasites are just pouring out of the woodwork  

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore This Weekend
14. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 18:11 Orphic Resonance

you ever had a deja vu, joel?

Clancy wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 17:33:
You can say that again.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 11:45 Orphic Resonance

seriously... i doubt you really understand just how shitty the political system is

its not just "damn these guys are hypocrites".. there is a gargantuan mountain of heinously vile bullshit, makes this "debacle" look like a dropped ice cream cone

11. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 11:42 Orphic Resonance

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:28:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:27:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:50:
They deserve everything they get negative wise.

like murder! they should fucking die!

GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

Yes because thats what i ment exactly.

its a fucking free-to-play game

get over yourselves

this is some preschool type shit.. "waaaaaaaaah!! he stole my cookie!! waaaaaaah!"

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 11:30 Orphic Resonance

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:17:
Stop it. Someone is saying "there's a problem" and you're taking it as "it's your fault."

Stop making yourself a victim when someone else is. This isn't about you.

some lower forms of monkeys and so forth cant recognize themselves in a mirror

similar concept here

you cant just "talk them into it" either

8. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 11:27 Orphic Resonance

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:50:
They deserve everything they get negative wise.

like murder! they should fucking die!

GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

News Comments > GarageGames Game Development Kit Kickstarter
10. Re: GarageGames Game Development Kit Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 05:07 Orphic Resonance

you gotta know how to code to use NWN editor.. its not plug and play except for the maps and art  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon?
18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 23:39 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 22:32:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 20:06:
i wonder how many people even know about the pen and paper game this is based on, let alone played it..

if you did, youd probably be pretty excited about this.. especially in light of witcher series

I never played the actual Cyberpunk RPG, but Shadowrun is fairly similar to it, right? (if you don't count the magical stuff from Shadowrun.)

sorta.. you cant just say its like shadowrun without the magic/fantasy stuff, because thats a main focus.. elves, orcs, shamans, all that kind of shit is what makes it shadowrun to begin with

cyberpunk was always about the nasty, dirty side of the future - it was like the writers wanted to make "neuromancer - the rpg".. tons and tons of implants and enhancements and all that - but the book art and descriptions gave it a very "gritty" feel, and playing the game with all those components inevitably gave it a certain harsh atmosphere that i found unique at the time - and even though shadowrun came out soon after, its just really not the same at all

its a great fit for CD Projekt Red.. the source material is right up their alley.. its a very adult style RPG

News Comments > Op Ed
9. .... i know kung fu .... Jan 3, 2013, 22:21 Orphic Resonance

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:47:
Then they should get a move on and abduct me.

maybe they like to do it GHB style

think about that the next time your anus is sore for no reason...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2013, 22:18 Orphic Resonance

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:26:
Wow, Google gets a reprimand. Remind me again, does the US have anti-trust laws anymore?

do you actually expect justice and fairness on planet earth?

theres your problem

News Comments > Op Ed
5. ooooOOOOoooOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOooo Jan 3, 2013, 21:32 Orphic Resonance

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:27:
I would care if Aliens made games....

what if you are already playing a game Aliens made but you dont know it?

News Comments > LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements
15. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 3, 2013, 21:27 Orphic Resonance

Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 23:06:
One flaw is no more flawed then a group of flaws, or vice versa....would you not agree?

nope... btw thats really a stupid statement - like adolescent level reasoning

Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 23:06:
Perhaps you think that an average score on the Apple app store or Amazon is accurate (or reliable) because it is an average? I don't. Perhaps you have a philosophical duck for that?

its called "spin" .. as in how politicians talk

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo