Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. WHY GOD WHY Jan 12, 2013, 18:56 Orphic Resonance

who cares? if you are looking for a reason to cry, you can find a million billion and more without having to resort to moaning about some quasi-celebrity

btw - that kind of melodramatic sentimental bullshit doesnt make you ethically superior to everyone else

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
5. Im sun on yee, motherfucker Jan 12, 2013, 01:43 Orphic Resonance

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 20:38:
So I just finished Sleepy Dogs and I'd say it was my GOTY for 2012.

only thing wrong with it is that it should have been at least 2x as long... i felt like the studio closure or whatever made them cut it way short.. damn shame - IMO its the first GTA style game where the storyline actually came close to movie quality

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 01:38 Orphic Resonance

Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 20:06:
Why are the makers of the content always the ones vilified when all they are doing is providing the content that society wants? If you really are concerned about the level of violence, instead of questioning why Rockstar makes violent games maybe ask why it is society is so keen on playing them?

because people are hypocrites.. especially fundamentalists

it all boils down to everyone being too chickenshit to accept their own failings and "evildoings".. so they project them onto someone else so they can see themselves as pure and good and holy - also it requires that they vilify and demonize the people they are projecting onto, so the hatred can be justified

and thats also why the world is a shithole, because it largely consists of these people who cant take responsibility for their own wrongs

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2013, 08:50 Orphic Resonance

most overrated comedy in past decade, for sure

its pretty good - not the second coming of the messiah

doesnt compare to something like "spaced", for example

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month?
36. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 11, 2013, 05:47 Orphic Resonance

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 23:24:
Not sure what you got against dubstep.. some of it is great, at least when it is accompanied by visual stuff. This song however, was genuinely bad.

no.. no its not

in fact, dubstep sucks hairy donkey balls

i tell you what - bassnectar and some of those cats are pretty good at making interesting sfx and bizarre modulations, but the music is fucking shit, sorry

they have a subgenre called "brostep" too.. think about that for a minute and tell me you are still down with it

55. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2013, 05:40 Orphic Resonance

there are much much cleaner methods to generate energy, less dangerous to people and the environment and much much cheaper to produce... but these kinds of methods dont make enough money for the big corps who already have billions invested in older technology infrastructure, as it would be another huge investment with much less return - not to mention the other markets of machinery and devices that are powered by fuel from these older technologies

so you can be damn sure that any sort of big changes wont be happening... at least, not until millions of people die in some sort of catastrophe - then there might be a massively concerted effort

not until then

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 10, 2013, 00:42 Orphic Resonance

yeh i think gaming pcs and consoles are going to merge after this next generation.. if not during it  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. schwing! Jan 10, 2013, 00:40 Orphic Resonance

dude, that blonde chick in the razer miniskirt...  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2013, 17:54 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 15:22:
Yeah, I realize it's tough if not almost impossible to go against her instinct. I can't get my Blue Heeler to stop trying to herd me when I walk her, no matter what I try. That's just what she is.

its just an excuse.. like "we're only human".. its rationalization, plain and simple

what it takes is relentless consistency, and yeh i know most people have no conception of that beyond some kind of idealistic fantasy they assume is automatically unattainable... but i can assure you its not

dogs do have the ability to listen to you instead of their self-serving instincts, even if they reflexively "do their thing" for a moment, they can still respond after the fact.. unless they simply wont listen to you at all, except in fair-weather conditions

thats the true test of being a "pack leader", because ultimately the dog's instinct is to follow the alpha, not do their own thing and fuck everything else - thats the world of human pets - for dogs its not really as natural as being part of the team

so you have to be able to tune into that level of instinct instead, but then again humans are so removed from their own instincts that it ends up being a serious challenge.. but thats not the dogs problem.. thats your problem

News Comments > Fallout 4 Tease?
54. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 17:40 Orphic Resonance

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 15:31:
To me NV was a disappointment - in fact I still haven't completed it. Part of the problem was that it felt like an expansion pack, as it reused the same engine and gameplay.

sounds like you havent played it much at all.. the game is easily 4x as big as FO3, in terms of quests and npcs and all the interactions between them.. to me FO3 isnt even worthy of the fallout style of RPG, in the way everything is separate from each other and the various areas and npcs dont relate with each other, just exist in some kind of RPG vacuum like a bunch of instances that are only related thematically... FONV and FO3 are very much different in terms of gameplay, and its easily noticeable

i wouldnt be surprised if there are significantly more map areas as well in NV

in summary, FONV is extremely much better than FO3, in every single way you can think of, except the graphics and engine which is mostly unchanged but still marginally better in terms of filters and pallette, hell even the art design is more varied and interesting

really, if you havent played the original games which were vastly non-linear, you may not "get it" .. i know the argument is cliche but i think its very valid

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta
7. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 15:06 Orphic Resonance

generally when scumbags get a whiff of easy cash, they scramble for it

you could translate his note as: "wow all these people are getting tons of money on kickstarter.. i want some of that action.. here is some game i happen to be working on right now.. so fucking PAY ME!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Tease?
41. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 15:03 Orphic Resonance

there's always room for more fallout  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2013, 15:00 Orphic Resonance

this is what you call "the blind leading the blind"

i still dont understand why people think its better or friendly to not be authoritarian with dogs... i guess if they are willing to put up with shit like this, then whatever

News Comments > Wizarbox Bankrupt
3. Re: Wizarbox Bankrupt Jan 8, 2013, 14:54 Orphic Resonance

in america its called "freedomruptcy"  

News Comments > On Standalone DayZ DelayZ
23. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 8, 2013, 08:56 Orphic Resonance

DayZ needs more options for persistence, like character skill upgrades or ability bonuses or something like that... the more reasons to keep your player alive the more intense it will be  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: the king of the concrete jungle, The Lion King! Jan 6, 2013, 23:37 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 22:18:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 19:49:
i recently saw Cloud Atlas... it really reminded me of a Disney movie thats made for adults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXUgtNC4Kc

Was it any good? I could never figure out from the trailer what the hell it was supposed to be about.

Creston

yeh its about past lives somewhat, the same actors play different characters in different time periods and the movie keeps switching back and forth constantly

it also focuses on what buddhists call "interdependent origination" or "indras net" - or in other words, everything is connected and affects everything else, endlessly.. its somewhat related to the modern concept of the "butterfly effect" i think

it was entertaining... but ultimately not very "profound" which it seemed to want to be - however that may be due to the fact that i am quite familiar with these kinds of concepts in many different forms

hence the "disney" reference.. it seemed like a childish and watered down version of the idea, presented in a bombastic and epic way - with a fair amount of bloody violence and some nudity thrown in

its another book adaptation, which i havent read - my friends have indicated "the book is way better" which is usually the case anyway

i will say that for me, even at 3 hours it didnt really drag or anything.. id recommend it if you can keep your expectations low

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2013, 23:44.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. the king of the concrete jungle, The Lion King! Jan 6, 2013, 19:49 Orphic Resonance

i recently saw Cloud Atlas... it really reminded me of a Disney movie thats made for adults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXUgtNC4Kc

News Comments > Deus Ex Design Documents
9. Re: Deus Ex Design Documents Jan 6, 2013, 18:24 Orphic Resonance

Kosumo wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 17:55:
I thought thats was fuck'n funny (Rollin Thundr light jab at Creston tag)

Blues News, Good Times.

i suppose thats why someone invented that word "tragicomic" a couple thousand years ago

17. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb Jan 6, 2013, 18:20 Orphic Resonance

Prez wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 07:37:
Wow, today's play-off football games SUCKED. Boring as hell.

just like all the rest of football games

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2013, 05:44 Orphic Resonance

all of this is why i keep telling people that obama is not some kind of saviour, hes no different than any other bullshit politician.. but they think that a "lesser of two evils" actually makes a difference - its a fucking scam, the whole thing.. the system is monolithic in its corruption

btw dude has been bombing the mid-east more than GW Bush.. its a 24/7 drone war over there.. like a bunch of drive-bys from P-money Obizzle

all up in that white house an shit, yo - WORD

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo