Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Layoffs
22. Re: EA Layoffs Feb 22, 2013, 13:57 Orphic Resonance

damn that shit is fucking profound!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event
5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Feb 22, 2013, 13:55 Orphic Resonance

this is not the greatest event in the world, no

this is just a tribute

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Feb 22, 2013, 13:54 Orphic Resonance

go fuck yourself, Cairo! Shakefist  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2013, 13:49 Orphic Resonance

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 13:47:
Sometimes I wish I was a raving lunatic with no regard to human life so I could go on a killing spree targeting all the executives of the RIAA and MPAA. Alas, I am far too reasonable and law-abiding.

at least you managed to become a really good whiner!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 22, 2013, 13:48 Orphic Resonance

yeh stupid Carmack! Nahnah  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2013, 13:47 Orphic Resonance

yeh fuck you RIAA! Middlefinger  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 22, 2013, 11:34 Orphic Resonance

haha stupid consoles

theyre stupid

News Comments > EA Layoffs
11. Re: EA Layoffs Feb 21, 2013, 22:35 Orphic Resonance

Death is also a transition.

DEATH IS YOUR FRIEND

News Comments > Into the Black
3. see the nothingness Feb 21, 2013, 22:29 Orphic Resonance

"Same age as me = tragic"

I wonder if you can solve that equation, after considering the variables.

News Comments > Mage's Initiation, A Sierra-Inspired Kickstarter
7. Re: Mage's Initiation, A Sierra-Inspired Kickstarter Feb 20, 2013, 12:12 Orphic Resonance

spiritual sequel to kings quest 3? hell yeh  

News Comments > etc.
3. not from the matrix Feb 18, 2013, 13:43 Orphic Resonance

Perfection of Wisdom got theme from 'Heart Sutra'. Its Sanskrit name Prajnaparamita Hrdaya literally means "The Heart of the Perfection of Transcendent Wisdom". The Heart Sutra is often cited as the best-known and most popular Buddhism scripture of all.

there is no "mix of fighting versus game + 2D grid map + card game + turn based game."

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/heartstr.htm

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2013, 19:51 Orphic Resonance

yeh obama is just the other side of the coin that belongs to the same corporatocracy.. society did manage to exit from that feudalistic mindset for a little while, but by now its been effectively industrialized along with everything else

the problems begin and end with "we the people".. its not about making the "perfect" system because people are incapable of doing that - they just arent ready for utopia, they still want to be monkeys and fight over who owns the banana tree

thats why they are so fucking easy to manipulate, its why they bend right over and take it up the ass from the people who own the power to actually make things happen (i.e. piles of money)..

people are cock-puppets because they want to be... and when they refuse to acknowledge it, thats what seals the deal

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
50. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 17, 2013, 19:18 Orphic Resonance

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 16:32:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 14:44:
the series didnt need to be "rebooted", just modernized - and JJ failed utterly at that task although he probably had no one holding him back anyways
He didn't write the script/story. He directed the film. Very different. He was the director, not the set designer, stage dresser, costume designer etc.

Directed by J. J. Abrams
Produced by J. J. Abrams
Damon Lindelof

apparently you are not aware of what the role of a producer is

regardless of who you wish to blame or not, my opinion on the end result stands as it is

46. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 17, 2013, 14:44 Orphic Resonance

wtf_man wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 14:18:
Perhaps I just look at the movie differently than most.

Maybe being light on the morality issues had to be done because they were establishing the timeline split... so it's really a beginning.

And technically... there were morality things brought up, they just were not "in your face". Resolution conflict with others and within ones self (Spock Specifically). Kirk's persistance to fight for what he believe's is right (taking on the Roumans instead of regrouping with the fleet).

If you don't like the movie because it wasn't being "preachy", like most episodes of either series, that is fine, and that is your opinion. But others feel that the essence of the original series characters is there, and there is more to come as the movies dig deeper into those characters. Remember, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy were intended really represent different facets of one person.... which was brilliant of Roddenberry... and those facets have to really come out in order to start dealing with morality issues on a higher level. The first movie concentrated more on the timeline split than anything... now there's more room to explore other areas.

thats not how i see it

to me, the essence of star trek has always been about adventure, discovery, exploration, and mystery - its like "twilight zone" in space, with serialized characters.. the utopian ethics are not the primary focus IMO, but they do provide an interesting backdrop

the JJ movie was pretty much full-tilt popcorn action movie, which is not a problem on its own - but you could have tossed out every single star trek reference or idea and set it in some generic sci-fi setting and the movie would not have been any different nor would it have suffered in any way - and conversely, it did not gain anything from the star trek themes/characters/settings that were there

the series didnt need to be "rebooted", just modernized - and JJ failed utterly at that task although he probably had no one holding him back anyways so you have to wonder if anybody is at the helm anymore to begin with - in other words, star trek is most likely dead at this point.. the new re-animated corpse is not the same, in any way shape or form, yes thats my opinion but i know plenty of other fans share it

with all of that said - i think the new movie may be trying to go against the purely superficial action of the other one.. it seems like it has the possibility to be more cerebral, but who knows - im willing to give it a shot

but ultimately i think of star trek as more of a serial show, and all of the movies are much less iconic to me.. i appreciate all the series, (tos - tng - ds9 - voyager - enterprise) in different ways, ive seen all of them.. my personal fav was DS9, i think it realized the most star-trek-ness in the best way, but thats my personal opinion

then again im not stupid enough to think my personal opinions are the same thing as "the way it is" in actual fact - and on that basis, i disregard the subjectivity of others just as easily.. especially the drooling morons that cant tell the difference

35. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 17, 2013, 00:35 Orphic Resonance

Redmask wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 23:24:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 20:46:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 15:10:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:40:
I think people nit pick too much. I'll leave it at that. I think this is just meant to market the license and have some fun. It definitely isn't aimed at diehard fans of the original series.

Have diehard Star Trek fans accepted the reboot on a whole? I found it to be atrocious, the recasting of most of the characters was decent enough but everything else felt so opposite of what Star Trek should be. Just look at that freeze frame from this video clip, pretty movie accurate. How did something that god awful ever get approved.

As far as I can tell most fans have accepted it. I have. I liked it.

It was ok, felt like an extremely generic action movie with a Star Trek theme and featured some ridiculous JJ Abrams tropes from his other work. Not that Star Trek movies haven't been terrible before, it was at least a mildly entertaining action movie but it was far from the kind of real ST movie I want to see.

exactly.. the JJ movie was crap - it had no katra

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 00:31 Orphic Resonance

mag wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:14:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 20:20:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:15:
I think you will find this statement to be completely incorrect. There is a lot of adult humour, sometimes very dark and naughty in there games.

bullshit

give an example

nintendo is for kids, always has been, always will - and their stubborn japanese pride thing aint doing them any favors either

All video games are for kids.

no, not at all.. Heavy Rain is one of the first that comes to mind but there are plenty of others

Crusader Kings.. not for kids..

i could give a long list of examples but whats the point? youd need an ability to think rationally first

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
23. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 15, 2013, 22:20 Orphic Resonance

Bleeder wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:11:
I'm curious what Tribes vets thought of Legions as compared to Ascend.

More/less true to the originals?

it felt more like an unhinged and very streamlined version of T1 - ultra mobility and crazy fast skill shots

no deployables and no vehicles made it stray a bit too far tho

they should have made it into a full game, it still felt like a demo, even at the end

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 22:14 Orphic Resonance

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:46:
Streaming old games from the cloud won't solve compatibility problems unless these old games have been redone to run on x86 cpus. They will probably include the old cpu in ps4 for a while just like they did with the ps3.

you better get on the phone to Sony and let em know whats up!

News Comments > Blood Revival Shelved
5. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 15, 2013, 22:12 Orphic Resonance

SHOGO!  

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 20:20 Orphic Resonance

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:15:
I think you will find this statement to be completely incorrect. There is a lot of adult humour, sometimes very dark and naughty in there games.

bullshit

give an example

nintendo is for kids, always has been, always will - and their stubborn japanese pride thing aint doing them any favors either

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo