Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2013, 20:22 Orphic Resonance

man what was that show that had an episode where dude was supposed to be shooting a pilot for a TV show where he was a cop with a robot partner? or was that in a movie? .. it was a remote controlled prop and they were fucking around.. it was comedy stuff

its the same premise! i wonder if JJ is fucking with the suits now that he has them licking his asshole clean

edit: yeh it was a Friends episode.. *shudders*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pywe4NDb0Vg

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2013, 20:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 27, 2013, 20:16 Orphic Resonance

only from the land of Dark Schneider  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
13. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 27, 2013, 20:05 Orphic Resonance

Redmask wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 14:19:
I think people went too far in hyping this, I was expecting a lot more based on all of the praise I've been reading for the past year.

maybe you went too far in what you were expecting? that seems much more likely.. considering you are the only one who can calibrate your own expectations

ive played the game for about 6 hours total.. probably play for about 10 more, tops.. then im done with it, but its pretty fun for now

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jan 27, 2013, 19:59 Orphic Resonance

i never said it was legitimate or valid  

8. path of exile Jan 27, 2013, 07:55 Orphic Resonance

yeh i played a few hours.. cant say i will be playing for months or whatever but im still going back for a bit at least - which is something i cant say for all the others like d3 and torchlight etc

its definitely like a sequel to diablo 2.. very strong vibe from that whole era - which is odd considering all the other modern twists going on

it reminded me of how Diablo is like the king of grinding - in my memory it seems like no game quite like that existed until it came out, except Gauntlet but that was different because there was no stat/skill/item progression.. and then i remembered that the whole MMORPG scene was just starting out right at that same time.. also seriously "grindy"

thats my problem with both of those genres, the grinding - which is, essentially the entire game.. there is no other point to it, and in fact everything else is minimized and streamlined to enable more grinding

it gives me a strangely unpleasant feeling to play these games for a long period of time... and i look at minecraft in the same way

its weird because i do realize that all video games are essentially "distractions" or "time sinks" or whatever, but something about these grinding-type games makes it seem like they have distilled the very essence of wasting time - like making crack, rather than simple cocaine... and imo the fun somehow gets removed or diminished in that process

News Comments > DayZ Status Report
17. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 27, 2013, 07:12 Orphic Resonance

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 22:24:
Oh, so you're another one likes to talk out of their ass about things they know nothing and feign to care nothing about? Good to know.

whatever you say, genius

16. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 27, 2013, 07:11 Orphic Resonance

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 22:26:
Oh, so you're another one likes to talk out of their ass about things they know nothing and feign to care nothing about? Good to know.

You know that's just ass captain, after his old account got banned, right?

this dumbshit wont get off my cock... claims hes got me on some ignore list but cant help talking shit about me any chance he gets

its pretty damn pathetic

15. they can relate much better to a mindless horde Jan 27, 2013, 07:08 Orphic Resonance

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 06:55:
The current DayZ gameplay has been possible since 2001.

but but but!!

ZOMBIEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 27, 2013, 06:30 Orphic Resonance

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 22:36:
Did the commonly accepted definition of the word change and I didn't get the memo?

no he makes an argument in the article about it

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2013, 06:24 Orphic Resonance

Redmask wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 00:26:
Luke will find a polar bear scratching numbers into a hatch on a tropical island.

yeh did you watch that show Fringe that JJ produced? it ended with the exact same idea as the Star Trek movie he did...

i mean, dude - fucking get over this time traveling deus ex machina shit already

i suppose its better than deus ex machina with zero explanation, a la Lost.. the writers couldnt figure out a way to wrap it all up so they left it hanging "for the audience to decide!!!!!" so they wouldnt have to

6. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 26, 2013, 23:46 Orphic Resonance

im usually iffy about ARPGs.. but something about this one seems intriguing.. the skill tree is a big part of that

gonna try this out for a while

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Jan 26, 2013, 21:51 Orphic Resonance

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 21:34:
PS3 yellow lighted a while back - it now says it is running too hot, turn it off. Makes a good door stop I guess....

you should try getting a can of compressed air and dusting out the vents.. they get clogged easily

9. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 21:26 Orphic Resonance

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 21:11:
Well, if you had read the actual post, you'd have seen him talk about stuff they're going to be adding to the already-released game down the road, in his words "at the end of the year." The first release will be within the next 2-3 months.

i dont care about the actual post, why would i read it?

also, it sounds like you are talking about updates.. not the new game they are making a new engine for... so... your point would be irrelevant anyway

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Jan 26, 2013, 21:09 Orphic Resonance

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 21:03:
That and he's been brainwashed by a JRPG for the PS3.

is it Ni no Kuni??

been thinking about getting that - or selling my ps3... one or the other

News Comments > On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
2. Re: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 Jan 26, 2013, 21:06 Orphic Resonance

ViRGE wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 17:46:
Chrono Trigger may have been a great 16 bit RPG, but not all of us liked Chrono Trigger.

imagine that!

News Comments > Funcom Closing Chinese Studio
10. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 26, 2013, 20:35 Orphic Resonance

selection7 wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 13:00:
The Chinese were the outsource. Maybe that was the joke, IDK.

Nod

7. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 20:27 Orphic Resonance

We don’t know. We’re going to take our time. I feel fantastic about the situation, more than ever I feel like we’re doing something really interesting with this development. Now is not the time to rush things

they are betting zombie fever will last forever? im betting it wont

better get this out sometime before end of next year

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2013, 19:41 Orphic Resonance

now we know how the new star wars will end - it was all an alternate dimension, and they just have to time travel back before everything bad happened  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2013, 09:00 Orphic Resonance

crypto wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 08:27:
werd, there is no evening edition which is fine if there is none but a fresh page shows only 6 comments in this section but on opening the section there are 31, this being 32... is something wrong?

yeh the cookies are fucked

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2013, 06:48 Orphic Resonance

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 18:44:
I'm not saying it isn't interesting or important it's just not John Q. Taxpayer's job to pay for it when his major concern is keeping a roof over his head, 3 squares a day and retiring without becoming homeless.

this is the boilerplate motto of being brainwashed by the "system" or "the man" or whatever (the people who own the govts).. this is the subjective story people are really focused on, instead of the objective reality of resulting consequences that come from this kind of perspective

the idea that you live in a vacuum, separate from everything else - that you are master of your own domain... its a convenient story, much like lube for your asshole while they rape you

it keeps you fat and happy, like a suckling pig - ripe for the taking

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo