Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
26. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Feb 7, 2013, 20:46 Orphic Resonance

Flatline wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 20:21:
Thank you for clearing that up.

F*cking revisionist history.

better not say "fucking" you naughty boy!

woo! crisis averted, nice job

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 17:31 Orphic Resonance

i used to think of Disney as pretty shit, until that new Tron cartoon came on

its fucking awesome as fuck

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
12. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:28 Orphic Resonance

Tomb Raper?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 7, 2013, 17:18 Orphic Resonance

what i dont get is why the fuck she wants to get hired back?

plenty of stupid to go around on that story

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 11:17 Orphic Resonance

Astronomers reported Wednesday that the nearest Earth-like planet may be just 13 light-years away or some 77 trillion miles.

yeh, i usually like to walk around 70-ish trillion miles when i go out for a stroll

News Comments > Age of Wonders 3 Revealed
8. Re: Age of Wonders 3 Revealed Feb 7, 2013, 11:02 Orphic Resonance

yeh i always considered this the best HOMM style game by far  

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Announced
7. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Announced Feb 7, 2013, 11:00 Orphic Resonance

sauron wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 08:14:
SS wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 00:39:
The name sounds a bit lovecraftian. Definitely interested.

Ya, reminds me of Lovecraft's stories about Randolph Carter, the Dreamer who disappeared. Pretty great. This could be interesting.

I can't think of a really good Call of Cthulhu videogame - there have been a couple of attempts but they've focused on the horror aspect. Lovecraft's fiction is a lot deeper than that. The pen and paper RPG captures the atmosphere much more successfully.

Yes well the main character almost always goes insane at some point, or at least it makes the reader question such things. Lovecraft was fascinated by the idea quoted by Nietzsche
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

And thats difficult to do in a video game, although it has been attempted with previous Lovecraftian games. I think that may be what they are talking about when they say here:

Immersion is our number one priority

because really the madness aspect is key to Lovecraft mythos, and its also a huge part of the CoC pnp game

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Announced
6. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Announced Feb 7, 2013, 10:53 Orphic Resonance

SS wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 00:39:
The name sounds a bit lovecraftian. Definitely interested.

Its intentional. Lovecraft got his start by writing stories for an old pulp magazine called "Weird Tales".

Inspired by the weird fiction stories and other tales of macabre of the early 20th century,

i suppose they didnt want to bother with copyright issues? its a clear reference tho

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
12. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 10:50 Orphic Resonance

His mistake is trying to reason with these monkeys in the first place. Monkeys dont respond to reason. They scream at you and throw their shit all over the place. Its just what monkeys do.  

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
29. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 18:59 Orphic Resonance

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:40:
As a Star Trek fan - having watched every episode of every series and every film - I completely disagree. Alternate universes are already established canon and doing so gives him the freedom to reinvent the franchise without contradicting existing canon.

also a fan here, also seen all episodes of all series and movies

and i thought JJs star trek was a piece of shit.. star trek is not "die hard in space!"... the newer one looks better tho

the ending of Fringe was even worse

honestly - the time travel bullshit where someone goes back in time to change something that will "erase" everything that happened previously in the story is such a silly and pointless cliche... its the same thing as if dude had woken up in his bed at the end and said "whoa.... it was all just a dream!"

first of all its really really weak writing, secondly time travel doesnt work like that - you cant "erase" part of the timeline of the universe by going back before a certain event and changing it.. once you leave a timeline, you never come back, you just go on to another one - everything that is left behind goes on from where it is.. otherwise nothing would ever happen to begin with - people dont have their minds calibrated to the correct scale to contemplate these kinds of ideas, its just the modern way of throwing in some "deus ex machina" to a story

JJ needs to get off that shit.. star trek was bad enough - Fringe was pretty good but the last season was a horrible revision of the previous stuff

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
1. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 15:15 Orphic Resonance

one thing is for certain - it will have time travel and/or alternate realities  

News Comments > John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support
8. Re: John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support Feb 6, 2013, 09:58 Orphic Resonance

thats what im saying... who gives a fuck? its not the 90s anymore man

go home, build some rockets or whatever.. smoke a bowl and chill the fuck out because id SUCKS DONKEY DICK these days

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2013, 09:57 Orphic Resonance

you never had nutella? its not a big deal - its more like thick cake icing than peanut butter tho

dunno who told you its more "healthy" or whatever but anyone who has ever had it would know that isnt the case.. its loaded with sugar

they used to have a picture of that Kobe dude on the bottle, until he raped some girl.. took a while tho - for a few months it was like a "choose the spread that rapists enjoy most!!" ad campaign

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement
12. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 21:43 Orphic Resonance

Flatline wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 19:25:
I wouldn't be surprised if the original polish text they weren't elves but fae.

A lot was "adapted" pretty loosely from the original polish supposedly.

yeh, i dont think many people would want to meet the fae..

i remember reading the following description a couple years ago in 4e D&D, and smiling wryly

Your constant visits to the Feywild and your communion with the fey entity that holds your pact have touched you to your very soul and driven you slightly mad. But within this madness, you have found the power to rise to the next level of your existence. The secrets of the Feywild might be maddening, but they provide you with new opportunities to achieve your goals and defeat your enemies. You relish the madness and can control it, but those you unleash it upon can do nothing but crumble in the wake of the unparalleled majesty of the Feywild.

8. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 19:15 Orphic Resonance

Quinn wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 18:55:
The scary, foreign, elf-like creatures that expressed emotions so alien and impure.. even Geralt didn't know what to make of them, and it genuinely scares him.

thats what faeries were like in the old-school

6. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:30 Orphic Resonance

its all super awesome and all that.. im just not looking forward to building a new PC to play it  

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
6. Re: DayZ Video Blog Feb 5, 2013, 14:39 Orphic Resonance

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:31:
Lol, still clinging to the delusion that a zombie apocalypse is 100% about fearing zombies? Any kind of apocalypse is more about what that does to other people, and how they behave in reaction to it. People trying to survive are paranoid, opportunistic, and ruthless. This care bear fantasy of everybody in DayZ cooperating with you is just silly. The game is, and always has been, about fearing other players and what they may or may not do. If you can't handle it, find something else to play.

yeh so Nahnah !!!

haha your rationalizations for this shit are fucking wacky

News Comments > Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support
34. Re: Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support Feb 5, 2013, 14:37 Orphic Resonance

Beamer wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:26:
I agree that this is what Notch was thinking, but it's naive. The simple fact that it's a 3D with fairly open levels (not open world, but open levels) adds to the cost immensely.

And I don't think DoubleFine is set up to do this kind of work. So they'd have to hire people. A lot of people. And there are costs associated with that.

To do it cheaper much of the style would have to be altered, and the gameplay along with it. Which isn't to say it's impossible, but it would be a very different game.

but thats purely rampant overblown speculation on your part, much like that "budget" you dreamed up

you seem to put a great deal of faith in your speculations, but i dont share that faith with you at all

so i would consider all of this windbaggery fairly pointless.. maybe you get more traction with the other kids around here tho

News Comments > Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support
17. Re: Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support Feb 5, 2013, 12:40 Orphic Resonance

Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 12:36:
Grossly lowballing the estimate.

what? 18 mil is "grossly lowballing" a game dev cycle? dont think so

maybe if you include advertising.. but i wouldnt consider that part of the deal, if its privately funded to begin with

18 mil is easily a AAA dev budget if you dont include marketing

News Comments > Morning Q&As
14. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 15:15 Orphic Resonance

its only "absurd" in your opinion

which is understandable considering you are a fanboy

honestly - im aware of that type of phenomena so none of these reactions are surprising.. go ahead call me a troll or whatever... because im gonna call you FANBOY

but the simple fact is that subjectivity is not objectivity, no matter how much you want it to be.. no matter how RIGHT!! you feel about it

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo