Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kosh

Real Name Kosh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosh401
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 28, 2012, 21:02
Total Comments 70 (Suspect)
User ID 57629

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
6. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 9, 2014, 23:32 Kosh401

I'm also hoping for a night mode after their halloween night map surprise/easter egg. DICE made comments along the lines of they would look into doing it properly or something like that. Night maps + classic mode (no lame doritos) would be awesome!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2014, 09:36 Kosh401

Really enjoying Beyond Earth so far, especially after a few games in now that I'm figuring out what the different techs are and how the quests etc work (have not run into any buggy quests).

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
29. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 27, 2014, 09:31 Kosh401

Slick wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:14:
my 980 gtx windforce is usually running at about 55 degrees at load playing BF4 at 120fps. it's pretty crazy how much reserves this card has.

mantle is nifty, but shadowplay is worth the price of admission alone to have a nvidia card. it's a bitch that so many games aren't supported by the geforce experience though, and you can't manually force a game to be recognized, and only if it's recognized does shadowplay work

FYI, this is also a feature on AMD 78xx and all newer cards (R9 270, 290 etc). You can save replays in increments of 1 min up to 20 mins at a time, or turn on straight recording.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 11:18 Kosh401

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 10:57:
I've basically given up on Battlefield at this point.. with the latest patch Dice managed to actually make the hit detection even worse (god knows how that is possible) but I have REGULARLY seen RPG's pass through entire fucking vehicles, and I don't mean I missed, I mean it hit the armor on the side, flew right through, and exploded in the GROUND behind the vehicle. (You can experience this lovely situation yourself in TV missiles and UCAV)

And stats gathering points to the fact that more than 30 of 100 bullets are NOT REGISTERED server side, despite hitting on your screen.

The fuck... before at least when you hit something with an RPG things actually exploded. they did not pass through vehicles without doing anything.

I'd suggest you play around with the latency sliders in the game if you're actually seeing that sort of thing happen "regularly." Can't say I've ever noticed something like that aside from maybe the odd lag spike here and there. Bullets maybe more so, but it's a million times better now than 6 months ago.

Classic mode in this last patch has been awesome as well, would recommend everyone give that go.

Hardline... yeah no, that's a consensus pass with our group!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 9, 2014, 08:38 Kosh401

Jackplug wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 03:36:
Why? If there is anyone who is left playing this shit, then I'm sure the rest are staying clear of it due to the piss poor maps, gameplay and mostly not knowing if the game will work at all!

Only way I will ever think abouut buying another one of their games is if they released a map editor and server tools. Otherwise go fuck yourselves Dice.

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. BF4's launch was fucked, everyone knows that, but game has been working fine for months and there are tons of servers up. The new "Classic" mode from the latest patch is especially fun IMO.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 20, 2014, 09:15 Kosh401

Yeah our squad is really looking forward to this. I like the ammo/mag loss after toss, it will force a bit of a culture change towards more support dropping their ammo (ie using ammo, a lot just use 2 gadgets and go w/o ammo box)

Spawning only on squad leader will probably be the toughest to readjust to.. especially since we can't yet vote or choose who the SL is.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
7. Re: Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 17, 2014, 04:52 Kosh401

Prez wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 02:26:
bhcompy wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 20:51:
So I've heard RTW2 sucks.. anyone have any input?

It doesn't "suck", but it took a step back in some areas from the original Rome TW. I'm waiting for a Darthmod for Rome II which will make it a much better game if the Darthmod for Empire Total War is any indication.

I'm pretty sure DarthMod isn't coming to Rome II. The guy has quit modding for TW.

That mod saved Empire for me, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that will be the case for Rome 2. I've looked through the mods for it hoping for something similar to save it, but I think there's just been too many big changes to the mechanics and systems for mods to be able to fix at this point.

News Comments > Next Total War Reveal This Month
19. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 10, 2014, 07:45 Kosh401

Even if it is Warhammer-related, there's no way I will preorder another game from these guys. Will check things out after launch.

As for a Civil War TW, you should check out Empire's mods. There is a Civil War one specifically, but I never tried it (quite popular though).

The modding community salvaged Empire and is worth looking at now IMO. I didn't get any fun out of it until Darth Mod, but then I think I sank around 500 hours into it with all its fixes and tweaks. I ended up really enjoying that era for a TW game.

I've been hoping to go back to Rome 2 the same way I did with Empire after the modding.... but I just don't think it's gonna happen :/

News Comments > Total War: Rome 2 Free & Paid DLC Today
5. Re: Total War: Rome 2 Free & Paid DLC Today Aug 16, 2014, 00:06 Kosh401

Yeah, sadly this may end up being the last TW game I buy, at least anywhere close to launch.

DarthMod for Empire was the only saving grace there for me, skipped Napoleon. Was dumb and got Rome 2 at launch. Never again!

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2014, 17:04 Kosh401

There's been some good updates to DayZ over the last couple of weeks and we've been having some crazy encounters with other players since checking out what's new (it's been a few months since we played).

Food/loot is respawning and persistent now, which is a game changer. Still has a lot of balance to be worked out, but it's creating some really intense situations when you come across other players. Also hunting/gathering is now much more important.

The first time my friend and I straight up murdered someone up since back in the Mod days was when we saw this guy take down a boar and gut it, and we didn't have a knife to do that and I was on the verge of starving. We offered to make a fire for him to cook it (I had matches, maybe he didn't) if he would share but he tried to run w/o talking back.. didn't even get a "wave" emote back, he just bolted. My buddy had a .22 with a few rounds but no clip (have to re-chamber each round individually) and took him down with the second shot. We were going to bandage him up but he was dead, already low on health we guessed. Felt kinda bad, but we had to hurry and run into the forest and start up a fire to cook the meat. The guy wasn't a threat or anything, he just had something we desperately needed :/

We've been in a couple firefights since, but overall people seem a lot more "friendly" since most players are hungry, low geared. Makes for gameplay experiences and interactions like no other game. Which is why it's still in Steam's Top 10.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Core Changes Next Month
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Core Changes Next Month Aug 7, 2014, 21:10 Kosh401

Lots of great work continuing from the LA studio on this stuff.

But yeah, definitely don't want to see the run speed increases go much higher. Especially acceleration.

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
7. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 09:58 Kosh401

REVISITING THE IN-GAME HUD
"We’re working on establishing a clearer visual difference from BF4"

At least they are hearing all the comments about this just being a reskinned/modded version of BF4 lol

Hopefully it tanks.

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
28. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 17:27 Kosh401

My squad would be the shit out of a new Bad Company, just like we did with BC2. We've also had a ton of fun with BF3 & 4 (now that it's been patched up so much).

About War Tapes audio setting from BC2: it's in both BF3 and 4 as well and everyone should give them a go - gotta love them raw audio recordings! Nothing like the sound of gunfire and ricochets everywhere while an attack chopper does a low pass overhead >:D

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 13, 2014, 19:46 Kosh401

lol people are just going to see that line "DayZ is moving to a new engine" and assume that's exactly what they are doing.. because that's what it says (as apparently quoted by Rocket, which is his own screw up that will cost him in headaches I'm sure)

To quote DayZ Producer Hicks (from his Reddit account):

When DayZ started - we took the source from the existing RV Engine - Over the last many months, extensive clean up, new functionality, and so forth has been created for that engine - while at the same time, vast amounts of it were removed, or rewritten entirely. The changes Dean spoke of entail major leaps forward in that work, with those changes and the many more that will come through out development - we have begun to approach the point in which DayZ's engine is so no longer recognizable as RV, and because of that - and the massive work to come, it is now known by its own name, Enfusion.

TLDR: so much has changed in the engine that they've given it a new name

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots
9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots Jun 9, 2014, 16:12 Kosh401

My buddy and I will definitely be picking this up. Since it looks like the Civ 5 engine again, we're really hoping it will play a lot better at launch than Civ 5 did (especially MP).  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 3, 2014, 19:51 Kosh401

Better late than never, of course, but we've had some great games this evening already and we'll back at it after a short food break

But anyway, don't let me interrupt the Blues' hate train. Carry on ^^

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 09:56 Kosh401

Friend of mine insists CoH 2 pretty awesome and well balanced after the past few patches. Might give it a go again one of these days.

Wouldn't touch an RTS on console, though :S

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 12:06 Kosh401

DayZ is very clearly marked as Early Access. With all the info out there on it because of its popularity, it's very easy to know what content is in the game now and what is coming up in the short term and long term. The official dev blog alone has this information, which right there on its Steam page.

More than enough information to make a decision to buy it as early access or not.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer May 16, 2014, 19:12 Kosh401

We're looking forward to it, easily the most fun we're having in a game these days

Reports from the test server regarding netcode are showing big improvements in that area so that's nice too.

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
3. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 09:58 Kosh401

I didn't realize people were worried they were taking their money and running?? I thought Starbound had one of the best early access launches in terms of content and stability, including the updates. I guess maybe people just got used to the rapid updating shortly after launch of the early access. Seems ironic/funny.  

70 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo