Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kosh

Real Name Kosh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosh401
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 28, 2012, 21:02
Total Comments 80 (Suspect)
User ID 57629

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spring Patch Tuesday
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Spring Patch Tuesday May 25, 2015, 08:16 Kosh401

Yeah it's leaps and bounds better than when it launched. DICE LA has done a really great job fixing it up, definitely worth checking out again. My only gripe these days is that they added "Classic Mode" (BF2 settings) too late after launch and there's not many servers for it :.(  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
15. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 23:58 Kosh401

This doesn't come off as "shady" to me, they are reselling legit keys from third parties since the publisher seems to be tightening their distribution channel in favour of their own "Galaxy" thing.

Anyway, I've never had any issues at all with GMG and I'll keep shopping there.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
20. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 09:04 Kosh401

Like everyone else in here I've really enjoyed it so far. The mods are excellent, but so is the built-in asset creator/changer. You can load up any structure and tweak it however you want yourself very, very easily (you can change it's stats or it's appearance).

I wanted a sort of specific highway interchange with a built-in rail line and so I built it in the asset manager and saved it so I could just plop it down in the future rather than having to rebuild it each time.

People are sharing all that kinda stuff on the workshop too. If anything, the hard part is browsing it and choosing which things to use haha

I have a city at 200k pop and it's a tad laggy on double speed (2500k @ 4ghz) so that makes me a little sad, but can't complain compared to the size of SimCity! (I recommend the "unlock all tiles" mod by the way - you can buy all the remaining tiles around your city once you unlock the normal "last" one @ 80k pop)

News Comments > Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming
16. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 15:13 Kosh401

Looking forward to this update. We still play fairly often and have a blast. Only downside is that there's just a single Classic Mode conquest server in North America (that's always fully populated) :O (ie, Battlefield 2 settings - no 3D doritos, no health regen, change a mag and lose the remaining rounds from the one you pulled). It's great fun, a damn shame it took them so long to add it in!  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Patch
12. Re: Cities: Skylines Patch Apr 7, 2015, 15:09 Kosh401

Fantastic game, definitely king of this genre and will be for years to come with how they are supporting it and how openly moddable it is. Tons of mods for it, some of them tweak features for quality of life such as improved crematoriums (slightly improved ones to totally cheaty ones, but the default one is just not good enough and I don't like spamming cemeteries everywhere) or infinite oil/ore (it gets used up way too quickly). If there's something that bugs you or you feel is missing, there's probably already a mod for it!

Also on difficulty, there is a "hard mode" mod included by the developers some of you may want to check out.

Anyway I've recommended the game to my friends and have had no regrets from the ones who got it so check it out if you enjoy builders.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition
4. Re: Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition Feb 12, 2015, 15:51 Kosh401

Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 15:23:
I can't say I really care for the unlock stuff they've done in the game though.

I just started running the Pepperidge Farm map with the Autohotkey script so you can leave it on over night, while at work, etc and get home to collect all your bulletins/commanders. Works alright, still dislike the whole system though.

Reddit has a post showing some bits added to the game files in the Feb 4 patch that suggest we're gonna have customizable commanders soon, possibly along with an in-game currency..

News Comments > Total War: Attila Preloads
5. Re: Total War: Attila Preloads Feb 12, 2015, 07:42 Kosh401

Noooope! Fuck these almost yearly TW games. They need way more time in the oven (balance, bugs, not to mention the poorly implemented gameplay changes).  

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
20. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 25, 2015, 10:32 Kosh401

My friends and I check out DayZ every 2-3 months to see what's new and I can't even remember the last time we had any sort of game breaking bug. So many people like to rag on the game and how game-breakingly buggy it is, but I just don't think that's the case any more.

Anyway there's nothing like the high you get when you come across another player or a group of them, especially if shit hits the fan. It's why we'll keep going back to it and checking out the new content; lots of other things for us to play in the mean time!

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
27. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 15:22 Kosh401

Would love to see this done in the 40K universe, but it sounds like the fantasy one. Which could still be pretty awesome and I don't mind CA going this route since they've covered much of our history already. Maybe this even be a breath of fresh air for the devs to have some fun developing in a fantasy universe (although with obvious strict canon to follow).

Rome 2 was a horrible let down for me so they will have to do something pretty awesome before I buy a new release from them again.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 14:51 Kosh401

ASeven wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 14:10:
BF3 and 4 were terrible at launch and are still rather terrible today.

Strongly disagree - BF4 is in a pretty awesome state now, largely thanks to DICE LA who have been responsible for fixing up the game for many months now. We've been having a great time playing Classic Mode conquest for months with no major consistent bugs or crashes (still get the odd random one amongst us once in a while, but night and day compared to the game's first six months)

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
6. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 9, 2014, 23:32 Kosh401

I'm also hoping for a night mode after their halloween night map surprise/easter egg. DICE made comments along the lines of they would look into doing it properly or something like that. Night maps + classic mode (no lame doritos) would be awesome!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2014, 09:36 Kosh401

Really enjoying Beyond Earth so far, especially after a few games in now that I'm figuring out what the different techs are and how the quests etc work (have not run into any buggy quests).

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
29. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 27, 2014, 09:31 Kosh401

Slick wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:14:
my 980 gtx windforce is usually running at about 55 degrees at load playing BF4 at 120fps. it's pretty crazy how much reserves this card has.

mantle is nifty, but shadowplay is worth the price of admission alone to have a nvidia card. it's a bitch that so many games aren't supported by the geforce experience though, and you can't manually force a game to be recognized, and only if it's recognized does shadowplay work

FYI, this is also a feature on AMD 78xx and all newer cards (R9 270, 290 etc). You can save replays in increments of 1 min up to 20 mins at a time, or turn on straight recording.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 11:18 Kosh401

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 10:57:
I've basically given up on Battlefield at this point.. with the latest patch Dice managed to actually make the hit detection even worse (god knows how that is possible) but I have REGULARLY seen RPG's pass through entire fucking vehicles, and I don't mean I missed, I mean it hit the armor on the side, flew right through, and exploded in the GROUND behind the vehicle. (You can experience this lovely situation yourself in TV missiles and UCAV)

And stats gathering points to the fact that more than 30 of 100 bullets are NOT REGISTERED server side, despite hitting on your screen.

The fuck... before at least when you hit something with an RPG things actually exploded. they did not pass through vehicles without doing anything.

I'd suggest you play around with the latency sliders in the game if you're actually seeing that sort of thing happen "regularly." Can't say I've ever noticed something like that aside from maybe the odd lag spike here and there. Bullets maybe more so, but it's a million times better now than 6 months ago.

Classic mode in this last patch has been awesome as well, would recommend everyone give that go.

Hardline... yeah no, that's a consensus pass with our group!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 9, 2014, 08:38 Kosh401

Jackplug wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 03:36:
Why? If there is anyone who is left playing this shit, then I'm sure the rest are staying clear of it due to the piss poor maps, gameplay and mostly not knowing if the game will work at all!

Only way I will ever think abouut buying another one of their games is if they released a map editor and server tools. Otherwise go fuck yourselves Dice.

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. BF4's launch was fucked, everyone knows that, but game has been working fine for months and there are tons of servers up. The new "Classic" mode from the latest patch is especially fun IMO.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 20, 2014, 09:15 Kosh401

Yeah our squad is really looking forward to this. I like the ammo/mag loss after toss, it will force a bit of a culture change towards more support dropping their ammo (ie using ammo, a lot just use 2 gadgets and go w/o ammo box)

Spawning only on squad leader will probably be the toughest to readjust to.. especially since we can't yet vote or choose who the SL is.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
7. Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 17, 2014, 04:52 Kosh401

Prez wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 02:26:
bhcompy wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 20:51:
So I've heard RTW2 sucks.. anyone have any input?

It doesn't "suck", but it took a step back in some areas from the original Rome TW. I'm waiting for a Darthmod for Rome II which will make it a much better game if the Darthmod for Empire Total War is any indication.

I'm pretty sure DarthMod isn't coming to Rome II. The guy has quit modding for TW.

That mod saved Empire for me, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that will be the case for Rome 2. I've looked through the mods for it hoping for something similar to save it, but I think there's just been too many big changes to the mechanics and systems for mods to be able to fix at this point.

News Comments > Next Total War Reveal This Month
19. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 10, 2014, 07:45 Kosh401

Even if it is Warhammer-related, there's no way I will preorder another game from these guys. Will check things out after launch.

As for a Civil War TW, you should check out Empire's mods. There is a Civil War one specifically, but I never tried it (quite popular though).

The modding community salvaged Empire and is worth looking at now IMO. I didn't get any fun out of it until Darth Mod, but then I think I sank around 500 hours into it with all its fixes and tweaks. I ended up really enjoying that era for a TW game.

I've been hoping to go back to Rome 2 the same way I did with Empire after the modding.... but I just don't think it's gonna happen :/

News Comments > Total War: Rome 2 Free & Paid DLC Today
5. Re: Total War: Rome 2 Free & Paid DLC Today Aug 16, 2014, 00:06 Kosh401

Yeah, sadly this may end up being the last TW game I buy, at least anywhere close to launch.

DarthMod for Empire was the only saving grace there for me, skipped Napoleon. Was dumb and got Rome 2 at launch. Never again!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2014, 17:04 Kosh401

There's been some good updates to DayZ over the last couple of weeks and we've been having some crazy encounters with other players since checking out what's new (it's been a few months since we played).

Food/loot is respawning and persistent now, which is a game changer. Still has a lot of balance to be worked out, but it's creating some really intense situations when you come across other players. Also hunting/gathering is now much more important.

The first time my friend and I straight up murdered someone up since back in the Mod days was when we saw this guy take down a boar and gut it, and we didn't have a knife to do that and I was on the verge of starving. We offered to make a fire for him to cook it (I had matches, maybe he didn't) if he would share but he tried to run w/o talking back.. didn't even get a "wave" emote back, he just bolted. My buddy had a .22 with a few rounds but no clip (have to re-chamber each round individually) and took him down with the second shot. We were going to bandage him up but he was dead, already low on health we guessed. Felt kinda bad, but we had to hurry and run into the forest and start up a fire to cook the meat. The guy wasn't a threat or anything, he just had something we desperately needed :/

We've been in a couple firefights since, but overall people seem a lot more "friendly" since most players are hungry, low geared. Makes for gameplay experiences and interactions like no other game. Which is why it's still in Steam's Top 10.

80 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo