Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jraptor59

Real Name Jraptor59   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2012, 05:00
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 57628

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
4. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 11:22 Jraptor59

I guess we are solidly in the era of paying $30 for beta access (they say the beta period still has a year to go before the game is ready).

I want this company to survive and do well, but this should cost about $15. As long as people pay for alpha/beta/ideas for games that don't exist, we will be trapped in that ideal.

We have transitioned from the gamer who was exotic/cutting edge/elite (the early days of gaming, where you built your P/C and games pushed the envelope for computer design) to the console generation.

I think it is a "dumber" generation that seems to accept almost anything pushed out there, from buggy games to insane prices, to 8 year old hardware. They don't realize they have real power to shape the face of gaming based on how they spend their money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
28. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 12:28 Jraptor59

Microsoft keeps doing insane things. I hope they have an alternate OS for the PC by the time Microsoft tries this. Apple OS isn't up to it and Linux is still not user friendly (to the novice).

I wish I knew how to design a OS because MS is throwing out their position of king of the PC interface. They keep trying to force us to do they want instead of giving us what they want. It is now the perfect time to give us a new OS that runs games on the PC.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 14:16.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
15. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 13:07 Jraptor59

I think the game may be good but all this delay has moved this game from cutting edge, even as a mod (which I bought), to old news. They better get up to speed or he will miss the curve on the "zombie" craze.  

News Comments > NVIDIA's Cloud Rendering
13. Re: NVIDIA's Cloud Rendering Jul 29, 2013, 11:57 Jraptor59

Are we going to get to the point that we cannot use our computers for games or anything else without being connected to the internet? I despise being totally dependent on "the cloud" to use my software.  

News Comments > WoW Free Character Moves
5. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 16:51 Jraptor59

Not recommended. Some WoW servers are so underpopulated you will never find people to play or guilds to play with. This can damage your experience, especially since Bliz pretty much forces you to play with others now if you want equipment.
I actually transferred from a dead server (Lightninghoof) to a high population server so I wasn't the only person standing in a major city.
*rant*
WoW is such a mess now that after 8 years of subscribing I have quit playing. They are so off the original focus that they promote pokemon pet battles and developing a farm as major attractions. For content they force you to do daily grinding WHICH I HATE. They also made it impossible, after Arthus, for a player to play solo and run group instances to buy actual (slightly less powerful) sets of matched equipment with whatever currency they give now. I figure if they have quit trying, it's time to stop playing/paying. Pandaria is such a poor expansion compared to the burning legion/frozen throne that it is ridiculous. One race, one class, no world bosses or story beyond "wow...Pandaria!" makes this the lowest content EP ever. The sad thing is that I WANT to play, but with the quality they used to offer. I bet allot of people feel this way. Unfortunately it seems that Bliz is just letting WoW slide along and scavange whatever revenue it can with the least effort put into it by them. It was a class A game, still with the potential of being the best, but is failing because Bliz just doesn't put any real effort into it anymore. They killed their own game.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2013, 17:00.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Patched
13. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 11, 2013, 13:16 Jraptor59

Well, I got a huge crash about 10 minutes in, while really loving the game, with the new patch. This game also doesn't support SLI. I think Eidos needs a kick in the nads because Nvidia is saying they didn't recieve a full build of the game until a day or so ago (well past release). If AMD/ATI needs code sabotage to cause problems for their competitor, and if Eidos allows them to do it by holding back the code, NEITHER company gives a darn about the customers. We live in a time when we gamers are going to have to not tolerate this type of scam, as well as not tolerate DRM. If we hold back our money, this will all stop and we will get our stable single player games back.
I was watching a play through on YTube (RadBrad) and bought the game today because of it, figuring the new patch would help. Nope.
I am going to try rolling back my drivers as suggested; hope it works.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record
7. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 09:59 Jraptor59

Its amazing that people put up with DLC released shortly after a game is initially released. This material was obviously ready to include in the game. As long as people are willing to be suckers, this will only get worse.  

News Comments > MS Planning Annual "Windows Blue" Releases?
6. Re: MS Planning Annual Nov 28, 2012, 23:37 Jraptor59

It's a TRAP!!!  

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
37. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 13:13 Jraptor59

I was once a Mac fanatic, from the 128 all the way to the plus. Then I finally could no longer ignore the expandability of the PC. Soundcards, videocards, processors; virtually every component could be swapped for something better. I said goodbye to the Mac and went PC. It seems now that first Windows wants to lock you into one company for everything, and now Intel follows suit. I hope that much like the Windows 8 debacle, this greedy decision will kill off Intel instead. If Intel does what they are planning it would be a great time for AMD or another processor to come to the forefront. I am also praying that Linux will take its wonderful chance to become user friendly and unseat Windows.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
3. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Nov 27, 2012, 00:04 Jraptor59

Once they fix the two biggest bugs I will play it again. They are: 1. make it playable without the internet and 2. Give me loot drops I can use (the same level I am, at least) without using the auction hall.  

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo