Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for strong placebo

Real Name strong placebo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname strong placebo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description More turn-based please.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2012, 12:11
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 57604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
32. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 07:51 strong placebo

Some nice texture work for a console game  
"More turn-based please"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2012, 13:54 strong placebo

halo 1 multiplayer was quite a phenomenon for its time.

On the other hand Bungie messed up Halo 2 in more ways than I can count. So they can be proud of that too.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Nov 16, 2012, 12:50 strong placebo

heroes of M and M (any version) is missing from the 90's

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 11:16 strong placebo

"It's Gamespot's fault for hiring such a fucking turdbasket to write reviews"

It really does come down to that. GS' senior editor hopefully learned something after this incident.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
28. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 18:50 strong placebo

Perhaps 2 years from now, Blizzard will release a single player version of the game that is completely off-line. Given the mediocre reception of the game, it is not impossible.  
"More turn-based please"

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 9, 2012, 13:33 strong placebo

15 years ago if someone said SONY would fail, I would have thought it very unlikely.

I agree with Beamer -- a good plasma out does a good LCD anytime. The grays and blacks on a plasma are hard to surpass. the cheaper plasmas are a different story though.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
24. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit Nov 9, 2012, 09:12 strong placebo

A real money auction house is bound to attract digital thieves in droves. No thanks, even with the new keys.  
"More turn-based please"

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 8, 2012, 16:47 strong placebo

that the GoT DLC comes now, many months after release and after so-so reviews is a bit odd  
"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched
4. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 8, 2012, 08:24 strong placebo

there's some 20 minute long gameplay videos of the retail build on youtube. There's lots of super fuzzy bitmaps in the gameworld. Not a deal breaker but it is distracting. It rather reminds me of the Elven Legacy games.  
"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
28. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 06:58 strong placebo

gotta have everything on "the cloud" == sarcasm  
"More turn-based please"

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
62. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 10:17 strong placebo

Having played all of them, the very first one was flawed but fun in single player:

1. sticky grenades added notable gameplay -- and even better then enemy AI used them back at you.
2. for the time, good and varied enemy AI.
3. vehicles were a nice twist even if the steering was flawed
4. replenishing shield was novel and added gameplay
5. Melee was a nice addition that could save your ass.

So anyone who says the first one was rock bottom bad? Cannot agree with you.

That said, the PLOTS of Halo are horrifically non-nonsensical and terrible. They stopped making sense in Halo 2, and it only got worse later on.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 6, 2012, 08:00 strong placebo

The kotaku article totally misses the point by going on and on about the "free swag" that game journalists get." The swag is just a symptom and not the crux.

And I like how the article writer says there's really no meaningful way to stop all of the free swag. Uh huh.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Homefront Postmortem
15. Re: Homefront Postmortem Nov 4, 2012, 21:52 strong placebo

A great read, though it can be easily said that there are still AAA games that sell boatloads.

And that means there will still be some devs that try to make crazy promises they can make a AAA game with limited resources.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 18:42 strong placebo

As a new yorker who has heard it all on the streets, there's a difference between pointless crude language (which is low class but it will never die out in any century) and the crazed non-stop hate-speak that comes out of people's mouths on XBOX LIVE. Anything that can ban folks who talk like that is fine with me.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 07:21 strong placebo

F Horizon is definitely on the must buy list. It's easy for me to pass on car DLC packs since they aren't essential to the fun. The smooth graphical look is smart looking.

The latest NFS looks tired though. Lots and lots of crashing that works against the racing dynamic. I'd rather just play Burnout 2 again. Criterion is very talented but they seem to have lost their footing.

PGR 4 was great. Loved those hilly Quebec tracks.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal
19. Re: Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal Nov 2, 2012, 09:21 strong placebo

the R I EDC are paid non-elected staffers who are hired based on "who they know in the local govt." Some are lawyers of one sort of another but not all. It is an easy money job and completely partisan.

2 of the EDC's former lawyers are mentioned in the lawsuit, which imho is awesome.

The bottomline is that the lawsuit isnt completely specious, even if nothing great will come of it except some some finger-pointing.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2012, 08:32 strong placebo

at least the current senior editor at EG wrote a follow up that is not weasily. It doesnt change their crappy reviews on their website though.

"More turn-based please"

News Comments > Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal
14. Re: Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal Nov 2, 2012, 08:20 strong placebo

I am glad some light is being shined on the RI EDC during Carcieri's time, since they clearly had the *direct* hand in pushing the deal thru. Several key EDC staffers left before the crap happened, and they may actually be the most "guilty" in all of this.

also, former governor Carcieri steered the deal and so far he remains utterly untouched.

RI govt is particularly corrupt; So pointing a finger at one person to blame is particularly hilarious to anyone hailing from R.I. Politics doesnt work like that there.

"More turn-based please"

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo