Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 160 (Novice)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
18. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 00:37 walrus1

Wolfox wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:14:
Kythlyn wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:57:
This is EA... right?

EA does this occasionally. It could be a random act of kindness, or part of a master evil plan, or just a random thing designed to keep us confused and second-guessing everything.

I guess we'll never know. But at least we get to play The Sims 2 for free.

All the above I'd wager.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
1. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 13:17 walrus1

About damn time!  

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
16. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 22, 2014, 00:33 walrus1

Jerykk wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 23:10:
Well, guess PC gaming is screwed now. What will we do without the PCGA?! Might as well shut down Steam, GOG, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly, GetGames, Origin, Uplay, etc.

I don't think anyone would really complain about shutting down Uplay.

News Comments > Areal Conspiracy Theories
25. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 21, 2014, 22:14 walrus1

John wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 19:05:
Rhialto wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 18:14:
Those looking for the next S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, with all this AREAL story I came to a new website yesterday and boy it was looking promising: http://www.raindropgame.com/ but KS campaign was not a succes.

Anyone have heard of it before today?
Yes, I actually backed it.. but as you said it wasn't funded unfortunately. I don't remember if they plan to keep working on it or not though.

I think RPS did something on it. It seems way more horror oriented like than STALKER is. They said they're still working on it but there website is pretty darn empty. In short I wouldn't hold my breath.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
7. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 21, 2014, 21:49 walrus1

So did they ever achieve anything? Cause they had some buzz when they first formed and then nothing. I actually am surprised they stuck along for so long.  

News Comments > Areal Conspiracy Theories
8. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 21, 2014, 12:31 walrus1

The fact that KS hasn't pulled this very obvious scam by now is pretty unforgivable. That more then anything makes me not want to back anything on KS.  

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
33. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 00:33 walrus1

Sorry for the double post!

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2014, 00:41.

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
32. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 00:31 walrus1

siapnar wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 13:03:
How is this project still allowed to continue on Kickstarter?
That is an excellent and raises significant questions about the safety checks used by Kickstarter.

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 18:03:
Assuming that the pledges remain above $50k for the remainder of the campaign, I do admit to wanting to see how everything plays out. There's obviously no way they can deliver what they've promised for the money they're asking. I suspect they'll eventually admit that the funding was simply for a prototype that they can pitch to publishers. Or they'll start another Kickstarter for "bonus polish and features." Or they'll "postpone" the game and start a Kickstarter for another game entirely. Or they'll just cancel the game and apologize to backers (without any refunds, of course).

Or they'll make a run for the nearest border. Well maybe not that border since not everyone likes Russians over there at the moment.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2014, 00:41.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 00:23 walrus1

Redmask wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 22:38:
NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:38:
How dare a company fire people! You should have your job until you don't want it anymore or are deemed incompetent! These evil fucks and their changing staffing needs.

That unimpressive hyperbole misses the point. That's a lot of fucking jobs lost for a company whose mistakes have arguably been management related. They certainly have the right to fire people but that doesn't mean people have to like it or that they can't criticize it.

Our corporate overlords demand that we remain silent and buy without question.

Seriously 18,000 people that's eighteen thousand people just got fired due mostly to both Nokia and Microsoft's incompetencey. Yet Microsoft's stock went up today. This is very wrong!

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer; Livestream Today
4. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer; Livestream Today Jul 17, 2014, 23:41 walrus1

Anyone else remember the old school Rainbow Six? You know the careful planning your team for each mission? Cause UBI sure as hell doesn't. Christ first they turned it into a generic shooter and now it's a CS clone?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
13. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 13:56 walrus1

Flatline wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 13:15:
Lorcin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 12:29:
How about you wake up at the start off mass effect 4 and realize mass effect 3 was all just a bad dream. Go Dallas on it's arse!

ME3 was *fine* until the end-o-tron 3000. Yes, the war effort thing sucked. But the writing was anywhere from good to fantastic right up until the end.

This is was a fantastic game until you were forced to select one of three endings that made moot all your actions across all three games. Just don't repeat this and ME4 should be a fantastic game. Unless they make it a WoW GTA AC clone.

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
13. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 13:25 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 13:22:
Oh Jesus, if you don't grasp by now that they're con artists you deserve to get fleeced.
"Idiots shouldn't have money." Dogbert

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
9. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 12:26 walrus1

Well this just keeps looking better all the time!  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2014, 23:52 walrus1

I'd recommend passing on Sir, You Are Being Hunted. The game lacks any kind of tension. You either spend most of your time looking around for robots, spotting them and then crouching along way around them. Or playing as an officer and shooting at them until you run out of ammo, and again either crouch around them or are gunned down.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 4, 2014, 14:23 walrus1

I heard rumors about a 4th of July sale on Amazon. These rumors appear to be unfounded.  

News Comments > GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement
8. Re: GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement Jun 30, 2014, 12:49 walrus1

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:34:
What kind of controversy is the KS undergoing? Is it one of those cases where they are offering big, big things but only have images pulled from Google to showcase their concept art?

They made a trailer comprising footage entirely from the STALKER series made by GSC. They have made some rather dubious claims about having been key employees during the development of the STALKER series. A claim that GSC has more or less refuted.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 00:57 walrus1

grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 00:48:
Task wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 23:17:
...one of the few times a world war game has acknowledged a German as a human being...

A human being that had full knowledge of the fact that their government was mass-exterminating Jews, Roma, homosexuals, the handicapped, and any other group of people that didn't fit into their eugenic insanity of creating a master race? Are those the people that you are worried about as not being portrayed with "humanity" and "compassion"? There's a terribly small violin playing somewhere, but for the life of my I just can't seem to hear it over the sound of wailing in the death camps.

Wrong war there professor. You're thinking of World War II not I. A war that happened 30 years in the future. By the way how much the average German knew and how much the rank and file enlisted soldier knew is a debated topic, with lots of variations according to where they were stationed and where they lived.

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
19. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 24, 2014, 02:33 walrus1

Slick wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 02:25:
http://i.imgur.com/8aVEA64.jpg

that's from lastnight, you know how often i get hacks called on me? every day.

lol. I played the BF3 season alongside about 50-60 others from top tier teams, only a handful of which ever called hacks. but again, these are the people who call hacks on everything. oh that guy shot me across the map hacks! how did he know i was there hacks! he just did a 180 and snapped to my head and headshotted me hacks!

same old tired bullshit. there are people who play the game, good or bad, there are those who ACTUALLY CHEAT aka i shot you through solid objects, and then there's the people who call hacks on EVERYTHING.

and yes, better PC = more FPS = my frames are rendering before yours = i can LITERALLY see you before you see me.

the problem is gamer's egos that are so fragile they can't accept there are superhumans playing these games who are actually incredible at it. it blows their brains because there's something in this world that's so that much better than they are, and they cope with it by calling cheats.

yawn.

1v1 me bro (lol)

Or maybe you can't accept that people actually cheat? And yes I find it suspicious that people regularly get kill death ratios of 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 ect to 0. I started calling people out on it at 50. I'm sorry but in any game statistically around 50 you're going to get killed at least 2 or 3 times. If not yeah you're either A. insanely good or B. cheating or hacking. Mostly the later seems to be true. Yes their are insanely good players out there. However when you get one of those "great" players at least every other march yeah that just doesn't happen that often naturally no matter how you chose to say oh its my FPS. Yeah bullshit! Yeah, Slick, maybe you are that good. But many people who claim to be and have made your exact same argument are cheating. BF3 is full of cheats and hacks so I hear is BF4 and it would seem HL as well.

By the way if you really are so good at BF3 maybe some of your time would be sent improving your typing and grammar skills. Also most people over 17 avoid excessive use of lol. Just some food for thought.

News Comments > Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor
14. Re: Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor Jun 24, 2014, 02:25 walrus1

Hmmm.... nowhere in their statement do they say they're doing well financially. Instead they only deny the rumors that they're bankrupt.  

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
17. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 22:03 walrus1

Slick wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 20:23:
lol lots of cheaters in BF3. hilarious. learn to play.

sorry but you and 100,000 other noobs say the same shit. i put about 600 hours into that game and only saw 3 hackers. you get 1-shot from across the map with an AMMO BOX then yeah, he's cheating.

just about everything else you can think of can and regularly does happen all the time performed by real human beings. there are people who have better internet, better monitors, better PCs, better reflexes, better strategy, and better team mates than you, i promise.

Ah yes the argument that cheaters just love! I especially like the "better PCs" part. MAybe I should make my PC "better" by downloading a hack so I can shoot you from across the map with a pistol and always be able to shoot people nevermind solid objects huh?

160 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo