Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 217 (Novice)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
4. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 11:00 walrus1

We weren't satisfied with the rigidity and limitations that most crowd funding platforms presented

Limitations such as being unable to cash out on an obvious scam?

Will the real owners of the STALKER series please stand up and sue them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
4. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 16, 2014, 19:53 walrus1

tskiller wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 19:44:
Umm, why do they need another kickstarter? Didn't they make any money from the first game?
Yep, I wondered this too. I guess horkers and blow ain't cheap/

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2014, 15:07 walrus1

I hope Amazon removes all the negative feedback for sellers who canceled the one 1p orders. I also hope that Amazon covers the cost of their pricing errors for orders that were shipped.

I hate when people try to take advantage of such an obvious error and complain about when they're stopped. If the company honors the pricing error great! If not you knew it was an error shut up and realize you were attempting to exploit an obvious mistake.

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
22. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 13, 2014, 01:43 walrus1

I really hope whoever owns the STALKER series sues the pants off of them this time. I mean they're calling the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and using gameplay from Call of Pripyat. What more do they need to see before suing these clowns?

That being said whoever owns the rights to STALKER should make another single player game.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
29. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 17:53 walrus1

What the people who had 200,000 to 300,00 jems didn't get them legitimately? Who could have seen this coming?  

News Comments > CitesXXL Announced
6. Re: CitesXXL Announced Dec 12, 2014, 01:40 walrus1

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 01:34:
Cities XL began its life as an MMO. I know because I helped test it. It was quite ambitious but it always had issues. These issues were not completely resolved even after many revisions and the dropping of the online part.

Something I want to state, however, is that Focus Home Interactive has actually done pretty well recently. They've published more winners than losers since the beginning of 2012. Even if the game is only a step better than the last one, it's a step in the right direction...I guess that is a mild form of optimism.
I own XL2012 and I've played a grand total of 75 minutes. Most of which was trying to get through tutorial. They gotta be doing better beacuse I just don't see how they could do any worse then a game that refuses to use more then 1 CPU and uses 90% of your ram even after you exit.

News Comments > CitesXXL Announced
4. Re: CitesXXL Announced Dec 11, 2014, 22:12 walrus1

dubfanatic wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:58:
Hopefully this will be the one that doesn't suck. SC4 could really use some competition. It's kind of sad that a 10-year-old game is still the king of city builders.
They have a really great track record of sucking! So I'm not holding out ayy hope for it not sucking. I do hope that this one is playable past the tutorial.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 9, 2014, 18:06 walrus1

Oh goody! I always wanted to be a resident of Estonia!  

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
31. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 12:23 walrus1

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:09:
Lmao.. and why should I buy the game now then? Fuck these devs
They are certainly very good at giving us reasons not to buy it. So good in fact I won't buy it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2014, 00:49 walrus1

jdreyer wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 16:46:
walrus1 wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 13:48:
I hear ya about gas leaks they can be pretty scary. I was woken up one day by three fire trucks pulling up outside my building. Apparently my neighbor was cooking breakfast and the gas hose feeding her stove sprung a leak and wouldn't shut off. It was funny having a firefighter with a gas detector and a pike pole walking through my kitchen with me standing there in my pajamas.Con ED got the leak fixed and patched up in a couple hours.
Haha yep it could always be worse. However, this bing NYC I'm sure he's seen a guy in a gimp suit before. I guess I should state the pjs are really just a pair of boxers and an old tshirt.

Just be thankful you weren't wearing the gimp suit when that happened. Those things take a reaaaaaally long time to take off. I mean, so I've heard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2014, 13:48 walrus1

I hear ya about gas leaks they can be pretty scary. I was woken up one day by three fire trucks pulling up outside my building. Apparently my neighbor was cooking breakfast and the gas hose feeding her stove sprung a leak and wouldn't shut off. It was funny having a firefighter with a gas detector and a pike pole walking through my kitchen with me standing there in my pajamas.Con ED got the leak fixed and patched up in a couple hours.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2014, 22:17 walrus1

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 19:05:
GMG really took the piss today... Got an email from them at 11:30am, saying "25% off all games!" Yadda yadda yadda, I know it doesn't apply to everything (because they're bigger now, they're not as awesome as they used to be), but it specifically names DA:I. So great, I figure I might as well jump on this to grab it for $45, right? WRONG. "The voucher could not be applied" when I'm trying to go through check-out. Look at their forums and see other people complaining that it doesn't work with DA:I. Some quoting customer service saying that was a limited-time offer, despite no mention of such nonsense in the email and the fact the voucher is supposed to be valid until Thanksgiving. I tried at about 2:00pm, 90 minutes after I got the email, but guys on their forums have been bitching since yesterday! =/

GMG really hasn't been all that great in the last six months or maybe even a year. Sad since they used to rock.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 22, 2014, 15:59 walrus1

The reason "pace of cord-cutting remains a drip, drip, drip" is the extreme lack of reasonably priced and far reaching streaming services. I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime. Yet their libraries are just so lacking.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 15:55 walrus1

DangerDog wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 14:54:
e-sports needs to die in a fire, the whole concept is retarded.

I'd agree with that. However, now that they have there own version of steroids perhaps it just became a tad more legit.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 00:33 walrus1

Ventura wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 23:03:
The second thread on the official forum has just been closed, because the moderator didn't appreciate the level of conversation that was taking place.

So you deceive your customers, deny refunds to those that paid more to play early, and then reprimand them for not meeting a level of conduct that is deemed appropriate.

This just gets better and better.
Woah! This really is getting better and better all the time!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 12:04 walrus1

Thank god for credit card charge backs. Item not as described? Seller refusing refund? Charge back!  

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs
3. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs Nov 20, 2014, 01:37 walrus1

Rhett wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 23:50:
December 18th... Just snaked its way into this year, eh? Crazy. Looking forward to it. Never beat MGS 4, but don't have a PS3...

Edit: Just realized this is that damn, stupid demo they charged for. Damnit.
Yep but Phantom Pain should have very similar if not identical specs. I'm hoping that Ground Zero is gonna launch for under $20.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 02:04.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
49. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 15:47 walrus1

Dacron wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:40:
Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:14:
Do you consider a developer or publishing employees feelings when you brag about stealing their hard work?

Uhm, where have I said I pirated anybodies work, or plan to anywhere in the past 10 years? Please, do share. Or are you referring to my past? Did you even READ my comments?

All you SJWs are so enraged and on a vendetta you're forgetting how to read. Unless you think I should reply to the words you put in my mouth?

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 14:50:
Dacron wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:22:
Quboid wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:04:
There's a difference between slinging insults and accurately describing someone's actions. You're claiming to be guilty and "I don't feel like waiting" is entitlement distilled. Given that you are guilty and you are entitled, describing your behaviour as scummy isn't unreasonable.

As I said, you can justify insulting anyway you please

I just find it amusing the ones trying to claim the moral high ground act like immature school kids. Perhaps they are?

This logic is insanity.
You: I steal
Us: Stealing is entitled
You: STOP JUDGING ME AND JUSTIFYING IT TO YOURSELVES! TELLING ME THAT STEALING MAKES ME ENTITLED IS INSULTING ME

No. Not at all. It's like telling someone standing outside in the rain that they're wet. It isn't an insult. Factually, you are taking something that isn't yours and proud of it. Factually, this makes you entitled.

We aren't justifying it. We aren't in danger of losing our moral high ground to some guy on the internet bragging about stealing a game on the same messageboard that developers post on. You can try to flip this, but you are the one very smugly happy in your ability to screw over developers for a game you enjoy.

It's fascinating to watch the mental gymnastics so that the guy actively pirating can claim he's the victim here.

Hey, however you justify calling someone a scummy guilty person is YOUR call.

Even better, putting words ion my mouth "I steal"

All you SJW's need to learn to read, this is absolutely hilarious.

But hey, you are men of ethics and morals. If you can justify name calling why not ? It must make it right

And calling me an active pirate, don't know what fiction YOUR reading but please, do share! I enjoy the works of liars.

Boys, with their panties so twisted they're arguing against shit I said in their own mind.
You do steal its called intellectual property right theft. Its a crime. Congratulations you publicly admitted to a crime that you can be prosecuted for on a publically accessible website. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/ipr/ipr

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
10. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 14:48 walrus1

Please Please Please! May I have it?  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2014, 11:37 walrus1

Axis wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:52:
I'm not seeing anything after a quick browse on that amazon link that looks like a great deal at all...
I'm thinking that the sales actually haven't started yet and Blue jumped the gun here.

217 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo