Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 205 (Novice)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 22, 2014, 15:59 walrus1

The reason "pace of cord-cutting remains a drip, drip, drip" is the extreme lack of reasonably priced and far reaching streaming services. I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime. Yet their libraries are just so lacking.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 15:55 walrus1

DangerDog wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 14:54:
e-sports needs to die in a fire, the whole concept is retarded.

I'd agree with that. However, now that they have there own version of steroids perhaps it just became a tad more legit.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 00:33 walrus1

Ventura wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 23:03:
The second thread on the official forum has just been closed, because the moderator didn't appreciate the level of conversation that was taking place.

So you deceive your customers, deny refunds to those that paid more to play early, and then reprimand them for not meeting a level of conduct that is deemed appropriate.

This just gets better and better.
Woah! This really is getting better and better all the time!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 12:04 walrus1

Thank god for credit card charge backs. Item not as described? Seller refusing refund? Charge back!  

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs
3. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs Nov 20, 2014, 01:37 walrus1

Rhett wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 23:50:
December 18th... Just snaked its way into this year, eh? Crazy. Looking forward to it. Never beat MGS 4, but don't have a PS3...

Edit: Just realized this is that damn, stupid demo they charged for. Damnit.
Yep but Phantom Pain should have very similar if not identical specs. I'm hoping that Ground Zero is gonna launch for under $20.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 02:04.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
49. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 15:47 walrus1

Dacron wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:40:
Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:14:
Do you consider a developer or publishing employees feelings when you brag about stealing their hard work?

Uhm, where have I said I pirated anybodies work, or plan to anywhere in the past 10 years? Please, do share. Or are you referring to my past? Did you even READ my comments?

All you SJWs are so enraged and on a vendetta you're forgetting how to read. Unless you think I should reply to the words you put in my mouth?

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 14:50:
Dacron wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:22:
Quboid wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:04:
There's a difference between slinging insults and accurately describing someone's actions. You're claiming to be guilty and "I don't feel like waiting" is entitlement distilled. Given that you are guilty and you are entitled, describing your behaviour as scummy isn't unreasonable.

As I said, you can justify insulting anyway you please

I just find it amusing the ones trying to claim the moral high ground act like immature school kids. Perhaps they are?

This logic is insanity.
You: I steal
Us: Stealing is entitled
You: STOP JUDGING ME AND JUSTIFYING IT TO YOURSELVES! TELLING ME THAT STEALING MAKES ME ENTITLED IS INSULTING ME

No. Not at all. It's like telling someone standing outside in the rain that they're wet. It isn't an insult. Factually, you are taking something that isn't yours and proud of it. Factually, this makes you entitled.

We aren't justifying it. We aren't in danger of losing our moral high ground to some guy on the internet bragging about stealing a game on the same messageboard that developers post on. You can try to flip this, but you are the one very smugly happy in your ability to screw over developers for a game you enjoy.

It's fascinating to watch the mental gymnastics so that the guy actively pirating can claim he's the victim here.

Hey, however you justify calling someone a scummy guilty person is YOUR call.

Even better, putting words ion my mouth "I steal"

All you SJW's need to learn to read, this is absolutely hilarious.

But hey, you are men of ethics and morals. If you can justify name calling why not ? It must make it right

And calling me an active pirate, don't know what fiction YOUR reading but please, do share! I enjoy the works of liars.

Boys, with their panties so twisted they're arguing against shit I said in their own mind.
You do steal its called intellectual property right theft. Its a crime. Congratulations you publicly admitted to a crime that you can be prosecuted for on a publically accessible website. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/ipr/ipr

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
10. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 14:48 walrus1

Please Please Please! May I have it?  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2014, 11:37 walrus1

Axis wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:52:
I'm not seeing anything after a quick browse on that amazon link that looks like a great deal at all...
I'm thinking that the sales actually haven't started yet and Blue jumped the gun here.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 17, 2014, 21:31 walrus1

What how did the hell G4 survive for so long? It was shitty shitty station! I remember when they took Tech TV and replaced it with G4. The channel sucked from minute one. Iw as never quite sure if their audience was horny and stupid xbox fan bois or dorky and socially awkward high school gamers. The coup de grace should have been given years ago.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 21:16 walrus1

Look at all this base game content that we repackaged as DLC! Pre-order now! Pre-order!

Dacron wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:44:

I use to pirate everything, then I grew up and built a good library of legal games.

The more I see these $100 releases with season passes and bullshit, the more I go back to old roots. Pirate the game, buy it complete a year later for $10 with everything.

But if they are making more money from the die hard fans good for them, it'll help me build a dirt cheap library while playing everything soon after release. So we all win.

No we don't "all win." In fact most of us lose, thanks to pirates like yourself, due to delayed releases and DRM.

If I feel a game isn't worth full price on day one, less and less seem to be these days, then I wait for it to come down in price. If it never hits a price I deem fair I don't get to play it. Your excuse is so wrong. I bet you see many things in daily life that you feel are over priced. Do you steal them? Probably not.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2014, 21:23.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips Nov 16, 2014, 20:47 walrus1

• Staff: We fired the incompetent idiots who made this game and hired competent programmers.
  •  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
    147. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 20:37 walrus1

• Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:29:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:35:
    I was looking forward to this game. I was all set to buy it for Xmas. This is going to cost them a metric shit ton of sales. What happens to the company if the vast majority of backers demand their money back? Company folds then there's no game at all. Fuck if some lawsuits don't roll out from this.

We need to keep a running tally on how often Cutter claims there will be a class action lawsuit over something on the internet.
    Guy loves his lawsuits.

In this case he might be very well right. This is a case of fraud and might very well end up in court.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
    5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 12, 2014, 21:50 walrus1

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 21:09:
    You know what we should do?

Combine the Star Citizen and Gamergate threads in to one.

I want to watch the Internet burn.

Some men just want to watch the world internet burn.

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 21:27:
    I bet he was only surprised because he expected more. I'm pretty sure that Conman Chairman Roberts was more than a little disappointed that his loyal sheeple didn't hit $62 or $63 million during his 14 hour flight.
    Those first class trips to and from Australia aren't going to buy themselves.

News Comments > Android PC RPG Emulator
    5. Re: Android PC RPG Emulator Nov 11, 2014, 15:13 walrus1

I'd be kinda surprised if there aren't any free good emulators floating about. Heaven knows there are some really good free GBA and SNES on the Play Store. I know the PC requirements are probably higher but surely someone has a free one.  

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
    13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 00:25 walrus1

Cpmartins wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 23:08:
    Fallout 3 made a crapload of money.
    Zenimax is a corporation whose only purpose is, as all corporations, to get money.
    What conclusions can we take from this?
    There will be a Fallout 4.

It is as inevitable as TES VI. There can't not be a Fallout 4. The only question is when. And the only people who know the answer to that particular question will not talk until they are good and ready.

Bingo!

News Comments > Op Ed
    19. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 18:11 walrus1

Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 18:00:
    walrus1 wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 17:52:
    EW because our readers found Entertainment Weekly too confusing.

EW because unnecessarily lengthy URLs are frustrating and annoying.
    For the people who enjoy reading Entertainment weekly. They know the intellectual level of their readers.

News Comments > Op Ed
    17. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 17:52 walrus1

EW because our readers found Entertainment Weekly too confusing.  

News Comments > Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music
    5. Re: Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music Nov 4, 2014, 01:22 walrus1

NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:52:
    Composer who did Drive? Niiice.
    My thoughts exactly!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 29, 2014, 23:19 walrus1

Funny the FCC is taking moves to save us from cable companies as they drag their heels about online neutrality.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
    30. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 23:39 walrus1

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 23:34:
    It will be a lot of fun to see these games running on newer systems. I hope they hold up well.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Disney give the Star Wars license to the DCS folks so they could make these games with fully functional cockpits!

Flying around in an xwing or tie fighter in the DCS world would be fucking incredible.

A DSC style X-wing VS. Tie game would make me orgasm and defecate in my pants all at once. I'm not sure the world is ready for this awesomeness!

205 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo