Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2015, 19:08 walrus1

I can't seem to get the free game from Humble it hangs up on "Waiting for merchant" and the bumps me back to the main page.

Never mind it finally went through.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - After Dark Trailer
1. Re: Cities: Skylines - After Dark Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 19:02 walrus1

Yeah it looks impressive at night but I'm kinda worried that this is the main feature of this expansion. If so I don't think it's worth very much.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 13, 2015, 18:45 walrus1

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 11:39:
Thanks walrus.
No problem!

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 13, 2015, 11:20 walrus1

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 10:56:
walrus1 wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:40:
Fallout Shelter seems much more stable and less buggy on Android then it was on my iPad. Hopefully this shall remain true as the game progresses.

How playable is it on a phone sized screen? Anyone know?

I'd like to play it for a bit, but only have an Android phone.

It's a tad easier to play on a tablet but it is quite playable on a phone with a decent sized screen.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 13, 2015, 09:40 walrus1

Fallout Shelter seems much more stable and less buggy on Android then it was on my iPad. Hopefully this shall remain true as the game progresses.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 10, 2015, 11:52 walrus1

This story shows everything wrong with U.S, copyright law and Vimeo. The fact that copyright law makes it so difficult to legally use copyrighted material and so easy to remove non-copyrighted material is all but unforgivable. Also vimeo is beyond stupid in how they handle uploads, searching, copyright and everything else they do. We need a YouTube competitor but Vimeo sure as hell isn't it.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 09:18 walrus1

Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 20:01:
Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 19:00:
It's not a power trip, it's a powerless trip. Those guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with. Odds are they're ex-cons as well, so getting $7 an hour for a shitty job where you're treated like shit is going to make you angry and you're going to lash out on who and what you can. You want someone to blame? Start at the top. BK's CEO pulls down about $5,000,000.00 per year - or about $2600.00 per hour. Poverty IS violence. And as long as it remains these sorts of things will never change.

Always one to make excuses for the assholes of the world. You don't see the billions of poor people who are ACTUALLY POOR in other countries beating the shit out of everything around them, the opposite happens - they help one another. But then again, you've never left your living room.

Ever seen the videos of the dog slaughters in China? Ever read about genocide in Africa? Rape in India?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Aug 5, 2015, 23:10 walrus1

Do we have to do this craptastic EA multiplayer targeting computer assisted insult and hackathon? Can't we just get another X-wing VS Tie Fighter instead?  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video
4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video Aug 5, 2015, 19:45 walrus1

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 19:39:
An open-world game would be awesome. Why Homefront of all games got a sequel when the far superior titles like "Freedom Fighters" or the "Resistance" add-on for Operation Flashpoint are stuck in limbo, I'll never understand.
I loved Freedom fighters! It really was an underappreciated gem. I never knew they actually considered doing a sequel to it. I really wish they'd do a reboot of it.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer
7. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer Aug 5, 2015, 19:03 walrus1

I, for one, am quite looking forward to this! A refreshing change from AAA shooters and 16 bit indies.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video
2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video Aug 5, 2015, 19:00 walrus1

DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:00:
This has super steam sale discount written all over it.
If even that!

The first one had the opportunity to be a very atmospheric shooter. That intro just set the stage then they just blew it and it became generic COD clone # 542. This one appears to be yet another COD clone. Even the much touted IEDs look just like standard FPS grenades.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Earlier on PCs
4. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Earlier on PCs Aug 3, 2015, 15:46 walrus1

BigShot wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 15:05:
Nice pre-order deal, but do they have anything better on offer for consumers WITH a brain? You know, like pre-ordering for a lower price than it will be after it's released?

When was the last time anyone had a preorder for a discount? I actually can't remember that ever happening for an AAA game.

News Comments > Prison Architect Breaks Out in October
2. Re: Prison Architect Breaks Out in October Jul 30, 2015, 10:14 walrus1

About time! Even as an alpha this is more polished then many AAA releases these days. I can't wait to play the full complete game.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
16. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:53 walrus1

Yes!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
20. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 12:50 walrus1

Flatline wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:21:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:15:
I too am basically done with Fallout from Bethesda ... their games dont float my boat.

I'm sure I'll play it, and probably enjoy it. But I suspect it won't be on par with NV.

Strangely enough I found the start of new vegas to be really kind of a letdown compared to F3, and the game traditionally doesn't "begin" for me for some reason until I hit Novac.

Of course, when you hit New Vegas proper the game explodes open and becomes teh awesome. Really wish Obsidian was helming this one.

Yep, I think F4 is going to be a major letdown compared to NV. I'll see what the reviews say and pick up the ultimate edition on discount....maybe.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2015, 12:48 walrus1

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 12:12:
So... I found out last night that Netflix is showing ads now. It was for one of their new original shows, played when simply trying to access the page for one of their other ones (i.e. not when actually trying to view any episodes). What the fuck.
They've been doing that for a while now and sometimes the homepage is a giant ad for a Netflix original series when a new season or show comes out. Also House of Cards is filled to the rim with product placements. There have been rumors that they will start showing ads before streaming starts for awhile but I think they'll just increase the subscription fee first.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2015, 12:00 walrus1

I've been cable free for a few years and it wasn't till I lost access to HBO GO and various other movie channels that I thought I was missing anything. I can buy HBO GO from my ISP but blimy that's another $15 on top of my $70 internet which is also with Netflix and Amazon Prime. If I was to add Starz it would cost me about $11 or around $109. I can't help but wonder if the TV networks are trying to push people back to cable by making streaming more and more expensive. As well as making each service's offerings more fractured.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2015, 12:50.

News Comments > Steam Security Hole Closed
13. Re: Steam Security Hole Closed Jul 27, 2015, 11:44 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 09:21:
walrus1 wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 09:15:
I am having a real hard time feeling sorry for the people who refuse to use STEAM Guard. Seriously, it's extremely simple to turn on and easy to use. The STEAM smartphone app even has a code generator if you don't want to wait for the email.

Yeah that's it. Let's blame the user for the company's laziness and incompetence.
Did I say Valve doesn't have any blame? No I didn't. However, you wouldn't blame the lock company for making a lock a little loose after your house got burglarized because you were too lazy to lock it in the first place.

News Comments > Steam Security Hole Closed
4. Re: Steam Security Hole Closed Jul 27, 2015, 09:15 walrus1

I am having a real hard time feeling sorry for the people who refuse to use STEAM Guard. Seriously, it's extremely simple to turn on and easy to use. The STEAM smartphone app even has a code generator if you don't want to wait for the email.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 25, 2015, 14:52 walrus1

I live in the single most populated city in the U.S. bar none and I'm stuck between two ISPs. Verizon who offers slow and very unreliable DSL and the cable company who keeps jacking up my rates every year by $10.

Verizon was more then happy to bring FIOS a couple miles west of me to one of the wealthiest neighborhoods and kept telling people it's coming to my neighborhood but nope they just announced it won't be expanded. Funny how they were more then happy to bear the costs to bring to the wealthiest parts of the city they serve but not anywhere else. They have no interests in maintaining thier DSL lines and literally allowed those lines to go to rust.

The cable company knows they're the best ISP in the area and has no qualms about raising your rates every single year. I know people who have had their rates jacked by $20 for the exact same internet I get. The argument they can't make money on upgrading Internet or expanding service is complete and total bullshit when they can charge you whatever the hell they feel like.

This has nothing to do with return on investment for upgrades but on them realizing when you have a legal monopoly why spend money to make more money? Anyone who believes otherwise either A. Works for an ISP, no offense Intended' or B. Was dropped on their head as an infant. I'm unclear who Craig Moffett works for but he is parroting exactly what the ISPs want him to. I hope he gets a cracker after his testimony.

The truth is the ISPs through deregulation and government given monopolies were allowed to set up the current market. One which benefits only them and makes competition impossible. It is not that there isn't money to be made but they can make less and force competitors out by spending next to none.

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo