Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 255 (Amateur)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
35. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:28 walrus1

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:42:
walrus1 wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:55:
I'm mostly fine with them delaying it. In fact I had no problem at all with the first delay. However, the second delay kinda worries me and if they delay it a third time I'm going to be royally pissed. This game better be 100% bug free when they finally release it.

This is already like the fourth or fifth delay.

I'm sorry I meant the delay last month.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
18. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 12:55 walrus1

I'm mostly fine with them delaying it. In fact I had no problem at all with the first delay. However, the second delay kinda worries me and if they delay it a third time I'm going to be royally pissed. This game better be 100% bug free when they finally release it.  

General Discussion > This Is the Police
5. No subject Feb 22, 2015, 17:08 walrus1

They got funded yesterday. This game seems like it has great potential but I'm not sure who the guys making this really are. Two statements in the FAQ raised red flags for me.
"$25K is not enough to cover dev team - how do you intend to finish your game with a budget like this?

We invest our money. Moreover, Belarus average salary is $300 per month, so $25K really hits the spot." How exactly are they going to invest it? If they used the current $26,928 for salary alone they could only hire about 7 people assuming they only paid 300.OF course they have to spend money on office space or rent, utilities and other associated costs. This worries me.

"Can you take credit for The Last of Us or Mass Effect?

Nope, our team worked on mobile and social games that are not worth mentioning."
Who exactly are these guys? They don't state who they are and a quick google search brings nothing up. Brand new studio and two guys who refuse to say what experience they have makes me really nervous about this games future.

This could be an awesome game and I really hope it is. However, I hope all the backers read the pitch thoroughly.

They've started updating so thats a start.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2015, 17:13.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 14:45 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:16:
Christ, February has been going on forever and it's still not over yet! This wait for GTA5 and PE is just dragging out like a motherfucker.

I hear you! I can't wait to get my paws on it! However, I'm holding off pre-ordering it.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
17. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:34 walrus1

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 12:32:
PHJF wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 12:06:
Just what I've always dreamed of, the ability to lease a space ship! Hopefully I can get it for $0 down and 0% APR! Gotta clear out that 2014 stock, after all!

Chris Roberts: Used Car Salesman

And with the option of being turned down for a line of credit, just to make it as realistic and miserable as possible.

Only after a painfully extensive credit check after which you're turned down due to a moderate sized student loan that you disclosed to them when you started the process 2 months ago. Then you're forced to go with a government subsidized loan program which states you are now saddled with your spaceship for 10 years and you can't rent it let alone sell it.

Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
But its obvious to anyone with a smidgen of awareness that you guys are just vindictive sociopaths without an iota of common sense, or, even worse, individuals with a made up rage that makes you blind to the actual facts.

There's no point to making any other arguments since you're clearly fixed on trolling anything SC related, so go ahead and keep making your comments with the sophistication of an angry 10 year-old and I'll smirk at every one of them.

You say after making the largest argument on this thread. The only person trolling here by attacking other is you. Many people have legitimate concerns at the direction of SC. It has evolved from being a complete game to a game full of microtransactions. Surely you can see that people who pay for all this content are going to have a substantial advantage over those who don't? Some would claim this will take the pay to win model. I think they may have a point. How exactly are we being "vindictive?" We're stating concerns that several of us share. Concerns that are valid since a great number of SC announcements are adding more and more microtransactions.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2015, 13:46.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 20, 2015, 22:38 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 19:37:
KS should be legally obliged to either refund people's money of fund the development themselves. Until then I'm done with them.
I agree they should refund money lost on it. It seems to me at least that more and more people are creating kickstarters and then vanishing a few months after they are funded.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 16, 2015, 21:06 walrus1

Other than then the third season of House of Cards I don't see anything worth watching.  

News Comments > The Crew DLC & Patch
4. Re: The Crew DLC & Patch Feb 16, 2015, 15:29 walrus1

Quboid wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 15:20:
I don't like it, despite enjoying TDU. The writing is ghastly and the rest of it is pretty forgettable. I don't find driving around exploring the open world interesting in the way I did with TDU.

Sounds a lot more like TDU2 then TDU. Although I'm sure the controls are better.

News Comments > Rare Vets Plan Banjo-Kazooie Successor
5. Re: Rare Vets Plan Banjo-Kazooie Successor Feb 11, 2015, 13:21 walrus1

"‘hold on mate, didn’t you make similar claims after drinking too many shandies in the pub in 2012, you muppet?’ Perhaps. But this time it’s real! We’re making a real, proper, actual game."
This comment did nothing to assuage my fears that this game won't ever become anything.

News Comments > GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action
4. Re: GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action Feb 11, 2015, 00:12 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 22:01:
walrus1 wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 21:21:
Please GSC sue em right now! Don't delay sue these asshats back to the stone age right now!

Problem is it's a lot of money for little gain. I don't understand why they just don't get the cops to shut them down for engaging in fraudulent activities. Screwed up as things are here, Russia is still the Wild West these days.
Depending what their plans are for the STALKER series in the future; protecting their brand might be more valuable then you think. I'm unsure why the authorities haven't taken legal action all ready.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2015, 01:26.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Next Month
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Next Month Feb 10, 2015, 21:44 walrus1

So no demo then? Hmm, I'll wait for the reviews.  

News Comments > GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action
2. Re: GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action Feb 10, 2015, 21:21 walrus1

Please GSC sue em right now! Don't delay sue these asshats back to the stone age right now!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2015, 18:37 walrus1

Given some of the really scary shit Uber drivers have pulled I'm surprised they haven't done this in the states.  

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
15. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 16:43 walrus1

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:17:
The reality of kickstarter projects is that you never know what you are going to get until the game is finished.
People invest into these projects should be well aware they are basically gamble with their money.

Which is why I almost never ever ever buy into early access or Kickstarters.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 8, 2015, 15:50 walrus1

jdreyer wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 15:04:
Valkyria Chronicles. Any good?

I had a friend who loved it on the PS3. I haven't played it but the graphical style of the game just looks like bad graphics to me.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 8, 2015, 15:11 walrus1

Because the NYPD has proven they are capable of policing themselves internally so so many times before this. Of course there is no way this will go wrong this time.  

News Comments > 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed
10. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 15:07 walrus1

deadearth wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 13:29:
I swear, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In this day of digital distribution 'going gold' is meaningless. Berating developers for a day one patch is idiotic (especially for an online multiplayer game).

I guess these guys should have done nothing but sit on the hands after going gold?
Normally I agree with you. However, when your day one patch isnt a couple hundred MBs but is 3 GBs something has gone very wrong bug testing wise. I'm fine with them fixing bugs and making minor tweaks in a day one patch but when your patch is 3 GB you're making major changes to the game that should have been made before the game went gold. Which is exactly what Evolve just did.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 8, 2015, 02:08 walrus1

Lawmakers want US Congress lobbyists to be able to (finally) deliberate online.

Fixed it for ya blue! Seriousely, why not just cut out the middlemen at this point?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 6, 2015, 20:16 walrus1

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 16:49:
It seemed pretty obvious to me that he meant you can rent a game, say for several days, as opposed to buying it to keep. I don't think that has anything to do with playing it as a free demo for an hour or whatever.
Thats the sense I got but he never actually said that this was the case.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 6, 2015, 20:15 walrus1

Also Origin is having yet another Sims sale. Nothing of any note. However, if you're dying to buy a Sims expansion at the same price of all the other sales this is your chance.  

255 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo