Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 372 (Amateur)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Prison Architect Breaks Out in October
2. Re: Prison Architect Breaks Out in October Jul 30, 2015, 10:14 walrus1

About time! Even as an alpha this is more polished then many AAA releases these days. I can't wait to play the full complete game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
16. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:53 walrus1

Yes!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
20. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 12:50 walrus1

Flatline wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:21:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:15:
I too am basically done with Fallout from Bethesda ... their games dont float my boat.

I'm sure I'll play it, and probably enjoy it. But I suspect it won't be on par with NV.

Strangely enough I found the start of new vegas to be really kind of a letdown compared to F3, and the game traditionally doesn't "begin" for me for some reason until I hit Novac.

Of course, when you hit New Vegas proper the game explodes open and becomes teh awesome. Really wish Obsidian was helming this one.

Yep, I think F4 is going to be a major letdown compared to NV. I'll see what the reviews say and pick up the ultimate edition on discount....maybe.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2015, 12:48 walrus1

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 12:12:
So... I found out last night that Netflix is showing ads now. It was for one of their new original shows, played when simply trying to access the page for one of their other ones (i.e. not when actually trying to view any episodes). What the fuck.
They've been doing that for a while now and sometimes the homepage is a giant ad for a Netflix original series when a new season or show comes out. Also House of Cards is filled to the rim with product placements. There have been rumors that they will start showing ads before streaming starts for awhile but I think they'll just increase the subscription fee first.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2015, 12:00 walrus1

I've been cable free for a few years and it wasn't till I lost access to HBO GO and various other movie channels that I thought I was missing anything. I can buy HBO GO from my ISP but blimy that's another $15 on top of my $70 internet which is also with Netflix and Amazon Prime. If I was to add Starz it would cost me about $11 or around $109. I can't help but wonder if the TV networks are trying to push people back to cable by making streaming more and more expensive. As well as making each service's offerings more fractured.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2015, 12:50.

News Comments > Steam Security Hole Closed
13. Re: Steam Security Hole Closed Jul 27, 2015, 11:44 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 09:21:
walrus1 wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 09:15:
I am having a real hard time feeling sorry for the people who refuse to use STEAM Guard. Seriously, it's extremely simple to turn on and easy to use. The STEAM smartphone app even has a code generator if you don't want to wait for the email.

Yeah that's it. Let's blame the user for the company's laziness and incompetence.
Did I say Valve doesn't have any blame? No I didn't. However, you wouldn't blame the lock company for making a lock a little loose after your house got burglarized because you were too lazy to lock it in the first place.

News Comments > Steam Security Hole Closed
4. Re: Steam Security Hole Closed Jul 27, 2015, 09:15 walrus1

I am having a real hard time feeling sorry for the people who refuse to use STEAM Guard. Seriously, it's extremely simple to turn on and easy to use. The STEAM smartphone app even has a code generator if you don't want to wait for the email.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 25, 2015, 14:52 walrus1

I live in the single most populated city in the U.S. bar none and I'm stuck between two ISPs. Verizon who offers slow and very unreliable DSL and the cable company who keeps jacking up my rates every year by $10.

Verizon was more then happy to bring FIOS a couple miles west of me to one of the wealthiest neighborhoods and kept telling people it's coming to my neighborhood but nope they just announced it won't be expanded. Funny how they were more then happy to bear the costs to bring to the wealthiest parts of the city they serve but not anywhere else. They have no interests in maintaining thier DSL lines and literally allowed those lines to go to rust.

The cable company knows they're the best ISP in the area and has no qualms about raising your rates every single year. I know people who have had their rates jacked by $20 for the exact same internet I get. The argument they can't make money on upgrading Internet or expanding service is complete and total bullshit when they can charge you whatever the hell they feel like.

This has nothing to do with return on investment for upgrades but on them realizing when you have a legal monopoly why spend money to make more money? Anyone who believes otherwise either A. Works for an ISP, no offense Intended' or B. Was dropped on their head as an infant. I'm unclear who Craig Moffett works for but he is parroting exactly what the ISPs want him to. I hope he gets a cracker after his testimony.

The truth is the ISPs through deregulation and government given monopolies were allowed to set up the current market. One which benefits only them and makes competition impossible. It is not that there isn't money to be made but they can make less and force competitors out by spending next to none.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2015, 18:31 walrus1

I've really enjoyed Fallout Shelter but it is unstable as hell on my iPad. So I'm very glad the Android version is coming. Dare I hope they are going to properly test and optimize this one?

As an aside you would think they would want their teaser game to work flawlessly. I really hope this isn't a taste of the buggyienes F4 will be. But this is Bethseda after all.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
27. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 19:26 walrus1

You can put new lipstick on a pig but it still won't download any thing any faster.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
45. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 16:57 walrus1

Jerykk wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 23:22:
Basically confirms that skills have been replaced with perks, ala Skyrim. That, coupled with the 4-option dialogue wheel and voiced protagonist, probably means that skill checks are a thing of the past. Disappointing but probably not that great of a loss considering how awful they were in FO3. Really wish Obsidian was making this instead of Bethesda.
My thoughts exactly. I know everyone is comparing this to F3 but I'm comparing it NV and boy is it lacking. Exploration seems curtailed, the dialogue looks crappy, skills seem nerfed, and you seem to be able to kill anything is seconds with the power armor. I'm not optimistic about this one.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 23:43 walrus1

If you don't see this as an entirely possible or incipient cluster fuck then you're just blind. And no stating the obvious doesn't make me a hater or a "troll."  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 9, 2015, 11:16 walrus1

Hmm, maybe it was a good thing I couldn't even download the patch yesterday.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Domains Ratted Out
1. Re: Mafia 3 Domains Ratted Out Jun 29, 2015, 10:12 walrus1

I quite enjoyed Mafia 2 so I wouldn't mind picking up Mafia 3 on a deep discount at some point in the future.  

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
5. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 28, 2015, 16:01 walrus1

DangerDog wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 15:56:
I've heard this game is going to be single player only.
And it will have a great campaign spanning 20-30 hours.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 28, 2015, 16:00 walrus1

Why 23% off and not 25%? Such an odd number.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Analysis
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 10:12 walrus1

CS:GO and L4D2? Must have been an even worse sale then I thought.  

News Comments > Portal Stories: Mel Released
2. Re: Portal Stories: Mel Released Jun 25, 2015, 15:23 walrus1

Well this is a very pleasant surprise indeed!  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 25, 2015, 00:46 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:15:
Yeah for 2 clams I got it. I'm always surprised there are more board games converted to video games.
I've never been blown away by a video game port of a board game. You can't replicate the feel of dice and such in a video game and for me that an essential part of a board game.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 24, 2015, 20:21 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:39:
Ticket to Ride any good?
I've heard very very good things about the board game but nothing about the video game. People seem to like it on STEAM.

372 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo