Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 323 (Amateur)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
17. Re: Mad Max Savage Road Trailer May 26, 2015, 17:44 walrus1

Desalus wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:13:
walrus1 wrote on May 26, 2015, 15:58:
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade. But based on this trailer I expect a 10-12 hour game with a hell of lot of cut scenes and no exploration.

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 13:14:
I dunno. As far as I can tell, it's a linear third person brawler with driving? It looked a bit amateurish, but story and voice acting looked ok. Can't say I'm too excited for yet another of those games...

You two must have not seen the Mad Max gameplay walkthrough video that came out a few weeks ago: http://www.bluesnews.com/s/160980/mad-max-trailer

They say it's open world, but like GTA the main storyline is probably linear. Could be 10-12 hours, but the exploration is definitely there.

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 26, 2015, 14:37:
I thought that guy's name was Rictus Erectus, not Scrotus.

Even though they resemble one another, I think they are two different characters.

Yeah, I just watched it and it looks very linear. Maybe I haven't seen enough but I'm not willing to jump on the hype bandwagon just yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
11. Re: Mad Max Savage Road Trailer May 26, 2015, 15:58 walrus1

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade. But based on this trailer I expect a 10-12 hour game with a hell of lot of cut scenes and no exploration.

I also gotta see this movie.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 24, 2015, 14:37 walrus1

harlock wrote on May 24, 2015, 14:26:
apparently AMD is gonna start going after high end gaming rigs and leave behind the budget mindset... could be the nail in the coffin, but we'll see
I hope they don't go under. I've found that AMD chips are cheaper then equivalent Intel chips. I don't want to see what will happen to prices if Intel and Nvidia get a monopoly in their respective markets.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Content
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Free Content May 19, 2015, 18:35 walrus1

I still find it odd they haven't added bike lanes yet.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 17, 2015, 18:37 walrus1

I'm really getting sick of these changes with Chrome. I have a great pop blocker that was removed from the web store for some reason. Google is fast becoming the new Apple which was the new Microsoft.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Alpha Changes
7. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Alpha Changes May 14, 2015, 14:04 walrus1

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:55:
walrus1 wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:35:
These are all really minor changes. Which really don't seem to address many of the complaints I've heard.
Yeah, nothing here makes me think 'this is a developer that really responds to the community'.
Exactly, this is a developer putting in the least amount of work possible to go through the motions of pretending to care.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Alpha Changes
3. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Alpha Changes May 14, 2015, 11:35 walrus1

These are all really minor changes. Which really don't seem to address many of the complaints I've heard.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 12, 2015, 00:54 walrus1

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 19:24:
HorrorScope wrote on May 11, 2015, 18:35:
Supposedly all the fault of the other car, not the self-driving.

Also, the vast majority were minor accidents, the kind that usually go unreported when they happen between to actual people, so it's hard to know if the accident rate is greater or less than human drivers. Regardless, self driving cars are the future.
Google responded and stated the cars have done over a million miles. If so this puts the accident rate well under regular human driven cars. I see this AP article as fear mongering and click bait.

News Comments > Spark Unlimited Closing
2. Re: Spark Unlimited Closing May 5, 2015, 10:48 walrus1

Spark Limited.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 1, 2015, 18:14 walrus1

What a weak ass sale, again, Activison.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
9. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:01 walrus1

A sequel for a mediocre at best game? What could go wrong?  

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
12. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 10:27 walrus1

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:00:
InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 08:55:
Could work, useful for games that use Steamworks.

I can't wait until it's abused by one of the fly by night devs who do dcma takedowns on reviews that don't flatter them.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm all for banging legitimate cheaters but this will be exploited by devs who lock threads about game bugs or issues.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 11:03 walrus1

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 11:00:
The 'cheat" isn't increasing your FOV HorrorScope, it's "decreasing" your FOV. Effectively giving every weapon the ability to zoom in with no accuracy loss. Their accuracy drop off isn't well done either, and you can snipe people (even with pistols) from really far away as the first bullet kind of goes on the crosshair every time.

Which is why I doubt all these people are getting banned for increasing the FOV. Hackers and cheaters don't tend to be the most honest people and are unlikely to really fess up about why they really got banned.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 10:15 walrus1

I once dog sat for a pitbull who loves to eat roaches. Alive or dead it doesn't matter to him.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 29, 2015, 10:12 walrus1

I tried to buy GTA V from Amazon. I bought a warehouse deal that said the box was damaged and the shrink wrap might be damaged or missing but the game was otherwise in good condition. I get the game open the box and there is no manual nor is there a CD key. Amazon refused to cross ship a replacement so I'm waiting for them to process my refund before I try again with a shrink wrapped copy.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2015, 10:04 walrus1

I had Verizon DSL for a year and it was often broadband on paper. Getting 1-1.5mps was fast for me and frequently I'd get dial up speeds if not slower. It wasn't a legal problem it was a Verizon equipment problem. The old phone lines were disintegrating and according to a tech the whole block needed new equipment.  

News Comments > Hatred in June
2. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 09:58 walrus1

Fox and the anti-video game nut jobs are drooling over this. Thank you Destructive Creations for giving them great ammunition!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 09:55 walrus1

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:07:
I can totally see this as being a cheat if the users were decreasing their FOV in such a way as to zoom in and out on the fly to see and shoot other players at a distance. I can't see how increasing it too far would be a big deal. You shouldn't be able to snipe with a pistol or other weapons without scopes.

It's the decreasing FOV that I see as a cheat.

This was a huge huge problem in BF3. Amazing how all those players who could head shot people with a pistol across a full map never ever cheated and were always just really good. So I'm glad Rockstar is being proactive. Calling a hack a mod doesn't mean it's not a cheat.

I bet you a lot of these people claiming they expanded it shrank it or set the FOV to be controllable on the fly.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2015, 17:54 walrus1

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 13:37:
Nobody wears watches anymore, especially not people who have a phone in their pocket. You might as well tattoo "Apple 4 Life" on your forehead.
Yeah I totally do also they're coming back as a fashion accessory.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 08:18 walrus1

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:40:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 19:29:
RE:Comcast

Wherein logic prevails. They'll be back though. Too much money for them not to be.

Especially if the GOP win the next election. Then it's full speed ahead and damn the consumers.

Or a more friendly democrat. Party affiliation means very little when lobbiests are involved. Of course I prefer democrats nonetheless.

323 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo