Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walrus1

Real Name walrus1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2012, 14:48
Total Comments 281 (Amateur)
User ID 57600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 29, 2015, 17:23 walrus1

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 16:02:
TheEmissary wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:06:
I wouldn't exactly call using VPN/Proxies to access a subscription service your paying monthly for piracy. It isn't exactly legal to circumvent the geoblocking but its a bit disingenuous to call it piracy.

The irony of it is that by pushing Netflix to go after VPN users they're actually pushing people from using a paying service to piracy.

Exactly You'd think that the movie industry would have learned, from the music industry, that the harder they make it for people to pay for their content online the more people pirate it. Likewise this fragmentation of available content is going to blow up in their face.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 29, 2015, 17:17 walrus1

I lived in Tennessee for a couple years and the amount of corruption in that state is unbelievable.

Family member of a city councilman opens a restaurant next to yours? Expect the health department to suddenly find a major problem with yours, which has been open for decades with no issues, that is so severe they have to shut it down.

Did you just get arrested for beating your girlfriend so bad she needs hospitalization? No worries if you're the cousin of the sheriff's best friend.

Why deal with the bidding process for road construction when you can just hire your buddy from high school? Who cares if he actually doesn't know how to put a tunnel through a mountain.

I could go on for days about shit like this.

So of course the state is firmly in the hands of the internet companies.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2015, 17:35.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Mar 28, 2015, 02:28 walrus1

So I bit and boy am I glad I did! It's been a while since I played a game with this much atmosphere.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2015, 21:12 walrus1

Is Alien Isolation worth a purchase? It seems most people either hate it or love it.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2015, 18:15 walrus1

Anyone played To the Moon? Is the Bundle Star bundle worth it for the alone?  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Signups
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Signups Mar 25, 2015, 17:40 walrus1

Want to test out broken dumbed down shit for free with stupid broken DRM? Great!

Now want to pay for slightly less broken dumbed down shit with stupid broken DRM? Awesome! UBI has got you covered!

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
16. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:28 walrus1

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:21:
Parias wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:12:

Actually, I pretty much only played the games for the singleplayer. Really loved ODST, Reach, and Halo 4 in particular.

Why the hell aren't we getting THOSE on PC?

Because MS doesn't give two shits about PC gaming? Because they think we're a bunch of dirty pirates? I mean, look at how poorly Steam is doing.

Shorter answer: MS has its head up its ass.

But the love us so much now! If you close your eyes you can feel their love for us!

14. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:21 walrus1

Parias wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:12:
Flak wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:00:
Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:36:
I vaguely recall playing the first one. Never understood what the hubbub was about, bub.

It was one of the first console shooters to dumb down gameplay to the point where any dummy could pick up a controller and start spamming nades or one-shot-kill knife attacks. People love to rip on Call of Duty but Halo is one of the original culprits of the complete pussification of modern shooters.

Not to mention the story is dry, predictable, has no memorable characters and the gameplay is about as canned and generic as you could possibly imagine.

=\ I enjoyed the story of the Halo franchise...

Actually, I pretty much only played the games for the singleplayer. Really loved ODST, Reach, and Halo 4 in particular.

Why the hell aren't we getting THOSE on PC?
I really enjoyed Halo Combat Evolved on the PC. Was it the best game ever? No, however it was a very solid shooter with great MP.

They released Halo 2 on the PC as a Vista exclusive but didn't take advantage of the latest direct x version. I also it remember it being pretty poorly epitomized. Needless to say it bombed and I'm not sure if I remember this correctly or not. Yet, I think Microsoft announced shortly afterwards that Halo would be an Xbox exclusive series. Obviously that is no longer true. I heard some decent things about Reach but I'll probably never get to play it.

6. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 16:58 walrus1

Good Russia can keep this F2P likely P2W garbage!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 24, 2015, 13:19 walrus1

I tried SimCity Build it for a couple months. At firs tit was fun and I could play it for a few minutes here and there. However, it quickly became obvious the market and grinding system was designed to force you to spend a lot of real money to be able to play the game. I'm not sure why I expected otherwise from EA.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 23, 2015, 21:54 walrus1

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:37:
If they weren't tracking everything there is to know about you it just wouldn't be Google.

That replaced their "don't be evil" motto btw.

It was becoming way too easy of a punchline.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
12. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 23:12 walrus1

R6 is just an empty shell of its former self.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 16, 2015, 21:45 walrus1

I live in a city where restaurants throw away thousands upon thousands of dollars of food each month as people starve down the block. People also freeze as shops destroy and throw out coats including childrens. So yeah I have a hard time getting upset some video games. Should they donate them? Yeah but much much worse gets thrown away every single day.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 15, 2015, 14:22 walrus1

Ugh, I just installed a massive amount of MS updates yesterday. However, all seems well.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Next Year
8. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Next Year Mar 12, 2015, 14:29 walrus1

Count me as another person looking forward to this! I never waded into MP but I kinda enjoyed the SP. It was a shame that they spent all this time creating this elaborate world but never really explored it. Hopefully, this one will correct this.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Collector's Edition Voting
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Collector's Edition Voting Mar 11, 2015, 21:56 walrus1

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 21:05:
Is there an option to vote for some fucking gameplay video's before the games release?
That and an option to not pull game content out as exclusive pre-order bonuses?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2015, 23:34 walrus1

Shok wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 19:43:
I was able to snag X-wing for 5 dolla on GoG earlier today in their rotating sale thingy...

I really hate that thing! I feel like I miss most of the good stuff or it sells out as a I try to check out.

Still X-wing for $5 is a hell of a grab!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2015, 18:55 walrus1

Another really weak sale.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 09:59 walrus1

I guess I should pop by and say hi too. Although honestly I don't have much to say about Elite.  

News Comments > EA Emeryville Closure Confirmed; Maxis Name Continues
3. Re: EA Emeryville Closure Confirmed; Maxis Name Continues Mar 4, 2015, 19:25 walrus1

I almost thought this was a mercy killing. Maxis has been a living shell for a long long time even Will Wright bailed.  

281 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo