Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Maniac

Real Name Maniac   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Maniac
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 18, 2012, 11:06
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 57561
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
88. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 18:40 Maniac
Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:07:
Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:48:
Blue wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:15:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

So you are blatantly trolling for blatant trolls?

While I don't disagree, you making a comment about him trolling is pretty ridiculous considering all the other bullshit that gets posted around here and you say nothing about. In fact his comment was really tame and harmless by comparison. But I guess we know where your priorities are.

Krowen, would you like some cheese with that whine.

I'm not whining. Merely pointing out the irony in Blue calling out an entirely harmless post when considering the regurgitation in so many of the Star Citizen threads and the frequent blatant trolling by some in other threads.

Of all the anti-CIG posts and pro-CIG posts...yet Blue decides to call out this one guy today when what he said was harmless.

Sadly the bias is strong in Blue. Let's just accept it and move on.

AC 2.0 demo looked nice, but like it was mentioned here I would also like to see it in wild. Preferably this year, I dont mind if it's just before xmas, more time for everyone to enjoy it. But alas, time will tell.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Infinity: Battlescape Video; Kickstarter Plans
6. Re: Infinity: Battlescape Video; Kickstarter Plans Oct 19, 2015, 18:17 Maniac
Whoa, this is a blast from the past. I am not sure why they went with very Elite like ship models, but regarding the engine, it indeed is the infinity space engine.

While they have totally missed their release and even KS window (I think the forum had a KS thread up years ago) I would still like to see what those years of slow development has done to the engine itself, how much different features and visual galore can we expect compared to the latest Elite landing expansion.

Here's hoping that they have a tech demo to offer with their KS and that is an enjoyable one.
News Comments > The Witcher III Cost $81M
30. Re: The Witcher III Cost $81M Sep 10, 2015, 11:28 Maniac
Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 10:50:
Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:56:
What does the number of posts have to do with the content? He's not spamming about chinese shoes.

75% of his posts are SC related. I assume the first one was a mask. In 3 years of being signed in to the site, only felt the need to talk about SC? hmmmmmm.

So apologies for the derailment. Skip to the end for Witcher comment.

Hey, it's just 4 comments, just read them through, it basically explains everything you would ever want to know about me, even too much. But to recap: Yes im a lurker, no I am not a resident commenter, just a resident reader since the beginning.

Why is it so hard to imagine that there are people like me here who are not really in it for commenting. I comment when I feel the need. Do you really need a massive post count to be noticed?

Let's do count my first post a a random fluke. DayZ mod was initial fun, but reading my post, the honeymoon was over.

Many years passed, SC was announced and I logically kickstarted it, got friends in, was initially excited, then at times got a bit annoyed for the lack of progress until finally I just decided to stop constantly following it, it's gonna be game with a proper development cycle as it probably should looking at the budget. I just read the mails or skimmed reddit once in a while.

So here I was, reading news about SC and random news about it the comments were constantly negative and I decided to comment at the toxicity in BN community against SC. Another time I commented when someone got trolled just because he/she did not have the proper amount of comments to be "important" in this SC news commentary and now as a followup to my last comment I actually was baited here (because hey, its "Lets bash SC in a non-SC thread").

In that comment I did presume that some people really hate SC. Infact so bad they would bash it where ever possible. If they got spouses i'm sure they're pretty bored of the topic already.

So here we are.. reading a lurkers recap of his posting history. All because some commenters here find it important to point out that quantity > quality.

Now to stay on topic. All this w3 success has gotten me to finally give up my attempts to try to finish w1 first. i'll just watch the unplayed parts in a 3h youtube movie and then get on with w2 and off to w3.

edit: typos

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2015, 11:43.
News Comments > The Witcher III Cost $81M
24. Re: The Witcher III Cost $81M Sep 10, 2015, 09:45 Maniac
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:32:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 01:02:
If CDPR was making Star Citizen do you think it would be in a better state or closer to release?
Is there any topic in which you don't bash Star Citizen? Your trolling is pretty extreme.

What you know, a SC bashing in a non-SC thread, who would have thought it would be possible.

Also I don't think they know any other way. The hate has gotten deep inside their skin. It's in their thought patterns as you can see.

But to stay on topic regarding CDPR. They announced Cyberpunk 2077 in 2012 and initial release date is somewhere 2017, it's seems they need *at least* 5 years to complete a game based on an existing IP.

So I imagine them taking even longer to finish a game based on some completely new IP.
News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
16. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 14:08 Maniac
Dacron wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 12:50:
crumbs wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 12:18:
Waaa waaaa waaa!

Hahahaha. Always makes my day seeing all the boys on blues news whine and cry over this game.

Waaaaa! Not going to be released until 2017 waaaa! It's a scam waaaa!

While secretly I'm sure most of the boys here would gladly pay 40 bucks to be part of it... but don't make enough much money living in mama's basement.

An entire account dedicated to trolling Star Citizen.

In your 3 comments, you mention rage... crying... anger....

But if you view your account, those 3 emotions are what you are filled with trying to garner a reaction. It's cute.

I actually click these days on the SC news comment section and laugh over the butt hurt crybabies. Because thats whats happening everytime there is a SC related news. Every time. Sometimes when there's nothing to talk about in other news someone also manages to pick up a SC bashing thread. Thats really some dedication there.

There is basically nothing positive there in your life that you all dedicate so much time on just whining about a game.

Also yes (I bet you gonna quickly click on the profile) I am yet another lurker whos been an avid reader of Blues since it's inception (ok, so I may have started 6 months to a year later, who really remembers that far back). None of us lurkers never need to comment on something. We got reddit for that. We get our gaming news here like I have for the last 15 years and I enjoy that I get the news and nothing more here. But it's fun seeing other lurkers here also just laughing their ass off at the whiners here. It seems I takes a special kind of comments to get us out of the woodwork to comment. I'm sure you can connect the dots.

I bet when the game comes out the resident bashers here will not stop. Why should you? I mean game will be out, but there is always something to fulfill that void. You will find a reason to whine, no matter what it is. Probably an OP ship or fps issue, graphics glitch, no 100 ship fights and then you gonna whine at look how much it cost to make and how much it sucks.

You guys will always find a reason to whine about and I myself personally have come accept it. You need a purpose in life and currently bashing SC is just that. Just don't troll someone because they do not have the necessary comment count to be important in your little neck of the BN commentary. That's just lame.

But to stay in topic I actually enjoyed the audio update, there have been a few videos lately that have made me smile in appreciation that the game is slowly moving in proper direction, ca 2017 probably for the launch, some 5 years after the real development stated, sounds about right.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2015, 14:17.
News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
96. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 03:50 Maniac
Toxic much here?

Anyone with above average intelligence should get it that the games initial scope exploded to a level unheard before. At least I like to presume the original backers backed and supported an idea to make a scifi space simulator like WC/Privateer was. Most of those backers grew up with those game, most of us now has a well paying job that actually allows you to ignore that 1000+ investment in a game you did years ago. These days I like to think I just payed the devs little over 20 bucks a month to develop a game I wanted. And I have not dropped any more money since the basically pointless LTI deal ended for the original backers.

Anyone getting angry at a AAA quality game in t alpha development stage, where it is constantly adding features and re-designing existing ships due to changes in the game logic should get a reality check. These games take 4-5 to create with usually and existing studio that already has the experience. CIG ramped up to that level and if anyone really expected them to create the initial 6-20 mil vision and then to expand on that would need to get their head checked as that would have cost a lot more, due to basically having to redo lot of the features. so end of 2012 it was announced and end of 2016/2017 is when you might have a reason to start raising your eyebrows.

I also have had moments where I got annoyed by lack on information, lack of progress, bugs etc, but then I did something I have not regret since. I stopped constantly following the game, sure I get the headlines, click bait titles and these fuming commentaries about how the game is a massive fail train. I don't have it installed, I will take another look when I get to fly my connie/tali with my friends, but not before.

I understand when people want to sell their ships/accounts for real life changes, really do. New kid, loss of work, medical bills (I feel for you US), lot can change in the 3-5 years a game is developed from almost a scratch. But I have a feeling most of the toxicity is coming from people who do not share that past where you as teenager gobbled in all the space games CR was churning out. Those people probably too young for that time and they just want a space game with the usual cycle, that is 1-2 years from release on announcement date.

Most of you probably already seen this: (Star Citizen - A promise)

If you cannot relate to this video then I really do suggest you just sell you account ASAP because it's gonna get worse before it gets better. Buy the game on launch if you deem it worthy and just drop the whine meanwhile, unless you have a hard life and feel the need to vent. Hope you feel better in this bitter cycle you are in.

Everyone else knew what they were getting into when they threw the money at CR. A chance to redeem some of their childhood fantasies. They may not hold up anymore, but damn if we don't at least try.
News Comments > Steam Top 10
49. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2012, 07:09 Maniac
LittleMe wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:11:
So I presume that these STEAM numbers include those of us who bought BL2 of GMG and registered the code in STEAM.

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 11:35:
Nah, I doubt that. There's around 100K people playing Day-Z every day

What? The game has sold like crazy for a few months, topping the steam list repeatedly. And that doesn't count retail. 500k to 1M units is much closer than your low-ball figure. 2M isn't out of question. And 100k online daily could fit into the 1M total sales number just fine.

The mod had a maximum of little under 200k player in 24h period, though it has now dwindled to under 80k. This is due to Rocket spending more time on standalone client and people using private hive servers where the game breaking bugs have been fixed.

The game was superb initially due to the unforgiving nature of the mod. But sadly it turned into a cod like community with people respawning and running to certain tents they knew had all the hi end gear they needed.

Let's hope the standalone will rock.
7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News logo