Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peeter

Real Name Peeter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Maniac
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 18, 2012, 11:06
Total Comments 2 (Suspect)
User ID 57561

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
96. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 03:50 Maniac

Toxic much here?

Anyone with above average intelligence should get it that the games initial scope exploded to a level unheard before. At least I like to presume the original backers backed and supported an idea to make a scifi space simulator like WC/Privateer was. Most of those backers grew up with those game, most of us now has a well paying job that actually allows you to ignore that 1000+ investment in a game you did years ago. These days I like to think I just payed the devs little over 20 bucks a month to develop a game I wanted. And I have not dropped any more money since the basically pointless LTI deal ended for the original backers.

Anyone getting angry at a AAA quality game in t alpha development stage, where it is constantly adding features and re-designing existing ships due to changes in the game logic should get a reality check. These games take 4-5 to create with usually and existing studio that already has the experience. CIG ramped up to that level and if anyone really expected them to create the initial 6-20 mil vision and then to expand on that would need to get their head checked as that would have cost a lot more, due to basically having to redo lot of the features. so end of 2012 it was announced and end of 2016/2017 is when you might have a reason to start raising your eyebrows.

I also have had moments where I got annoyed by lack on information, lack of progress, bugs etc, but then I did something I have not regret since. I stopped constantly following the game, sure I get the headlines, click bait titles and these fuming commentaries about how the game is a massive fail train. I don't have it installed, I will take another look when I get to fly my connie/tali with my friends, but not before.

I understand when people want to sell their ships/accounts for real life changes, really do. New kid, loss of work, medical bills (I feel for you US), lot can change in the 3-5 years a game is developed from almost a scratch. But I have a feeling most of the toxicity is coming from people who do not share that past where you as teenager gobbled in all the space games CR was churning out. Those people probably too young for that time and they just want a space game with the usual cycle, that is 1-2 years from release on announcement date.

Most of you probably already seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRAt8tg-8co (Star Citizen - A promise)

If you cannot relate to this video then I really do suggest you just sell you account ASAP because it's gonna get worse before it gets better. Buy the game on launch if you deem it worthy and just drop the whine meanwhile, unless you have a hard life and feel the need to vent. Hope you feel better in this bitter cycle you are in.

Everyone else knew what they were getting into when they threw the money at CR. A chance to redeem some of their childhood fantasies. They may not hold up anymore, but damn if we don't at least try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
49. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2012, 07:09 Maniac

LittleMe wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:11:
So I presume that these STEAM numbers include those of us who bought BL2 of GMG and registered the code in STEAM.

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 11:35:
Nah, I doubt that. There's around 100K people playing Day-Z every day

What? The game has sold like crazy for a few months, topping the steam list repeatedly. And that doesn't count retail. 500k to 1M units is much closer than your low-ball figure. 2M isn't out of question. And 100k online daily could fit into the 1M total sales number just fine.

http://www.dayzmod.com

The mod had a maximum of little under 200k player in 24h period, though it has now dwindled to under 80k. This is due to Rocket spending more time on standalone client and people using private hive servers where the game breaking bugs have been fixed.

The game was superb initially due to the unforgiving nature of the mod. But sadly it turned into a cod like community with people respawning and running to certain tents they knew had all the hi end gear they needed.

Let's hope the standalone will rock.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo