Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for thestryker

Real Name thestryker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname thestryker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 15, 2012, 21:59
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 57558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
43. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 15:02 thestryker

Two obvious comments regarding this: when's the last time you saw a fast food company sued over the fact that their ads never match the product and on the pc side it was largely fixed in the huge patch they put out. Near as I can tell the lawsuit is dead before it even starts, which is sorta a shame because this is the sort of crap companies get away with all of the time.

I'd like to think that issues like these in general have a big effect on public opinion, but the game still sold decently. Not to mention debacles like d3 and sim city haven't really deterred people, sure they complain, but a large chunk still buy the product. Last thing, the regarding preorders, I preorder things when there's a monetary incentive, for example I got xcom for $38 on release, otherwise I agree that there's rarely any point to preordering anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta
3. Re: This is Pay 2 Win rubbish. Feb 14, 2013, 10:55 thestryker

Ripperjack wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:28:
This game is blatiant Pay 2 Win rubbish, which rewards you for using your daddy's credit card, rather than developing any skill.

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Play FireFall and Defiance instead.

Curious if you have actually played this game making a comment like that. I think I put in around 10 hours or so without feeling a hard pay wall. There are two things that I think should be changed 1) item slots are only through paid currency 2) armor/weapon upgrade items are overly rng, but can be bypassed via p2w. You can get armor/weapons through some farming and in game reward currency. Game is 100% coop/pve so anyone who likes that concept should consider giving it a go.

Defiance has auto aim that cannot be turned off, no in game voice settings and an awful friend system, so I'm not sure why you'd think that is worth people's time in its current state. I hope it gets better, but right now it's most certainly not worth the upcoming $60 price of admission. Firefall was a lot of fun the last time I played it, much better pvp than pve imo, but very good game play overall, and shooter fans should definitely check it out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 15, 2012, 18:03 thestryker

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 17:03:
The one thing worth pointing out between the various platforms is how cool Borderlands 2 can look if you have an awesome PC.

Somehow I doubt this is remotely true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFkDrKvBRU

The PC version allows plenty of tweaks to draw distance, frame rate and more. It also allows Nvidia card users to turn on Physx options, which results in a hell of a lot more particles flying around, realistic liquid physics, and a greater sense of destructible environments.

I'm assuming the physx is the only big difference, but I think it looks pretty good.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo