Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan Lange

Real Name Ryan Lange   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://ryan-lange.com/
Signed On Sep 12, 2012, 16:13
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 57555

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
23. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 23:12 Ryan Lange

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 20:41:
...and no software company lets TrackIR people play around in their raw code (unless they are total buffoons).

For TrackIR it's probably not necessary, but I know NVIDIA will send one or more developers to work as part of the development team for a game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
41. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 17:19 Ryan Lange

UHD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:50:
Retaining 6.8 million subscribers at 10 years of age is phenomenal.

Or, apparently, the mark of a really shitty game.

Pff! Yeah, I don't know how people make comments like that with a straight face. They seem to prefer thinking of the current players as idiots or the like, but refuse to accept that perhaps the game just appeals to a large demographic that they don't belong to. I guess that's just not good for their egos, though...

40. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 17:06 Ryan Lange

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:46:
You dont hear any news about it, no hype about the new expansion, no nothing. That never was the case before. The only conclusion for me is those numbers are still massively sugarcoated.

Ehh... I think it's more likely that Blizzard accepts that WoW's popularity is diminishing. They'll maintain it, release new expansions, etc., but they're probably not going to try to ram it down everyone's optical nerves anymore. Hell, if you don't even know WoW exists at this point, you probably don't enjoy any type of video game.

They'll let WoW settle at a lower population without too much (or any) resistance and perhaps push their upcoming MMO in order to increase their cash flow.

39. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 16:54 Ryan Lange

Endo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 09:26:
...along with the way they changed the gameworld itself completely killed any chance anyone would ever come back due to nostalgia.

That was a huge draw for me and pulled me back for a while. I absolutely loved the idea that the world itself wasn't necessarily immutable, static, stale. I wanted to see for myself how the cataclysm altered the landscape.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
39. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 20:33 Ryan Lange

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 20:27:
[snip]

Why is any of that so utterly important for an alpha release?

Edit: Hell, they could have chosen not to do a "public" alpha. You should be thanking them for giving you something to screw with your hate boner.

Edit #2: Here's a screenshot of StarCraft during development. What a piece of shit that game turned out to be. Oh, wait...

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 20:38.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
33. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 19:20 Ryan Lange

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 18:27:
Seriously, to call that current piece of shit alpha "enjoyable" or "polished" is proof of the absence of any kind of standards or taste.

Exactly what are you expecting from software in an alpha stage of development? You talk about standards and taste, but how does someone accepting the fact the game is early in development indicative of a lack of either in the person?

Come back down to earth, dude; it's apparent your brain is suffering from a severe lack of oxygen.

News Comments > Postal 2 Add-on Announced
11. Re: Postal 2 Add-on Announced Jun 11, 2014, 00:22 Ryan Lange

Shok wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:28:
Was I the only one who read that headline as Portal 2 add-on?

No...

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
26. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 8, 2014, 18:38 Ryan Lange

Redmask wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 18:23:
People are playing it right now and having fun. I'm not sure why you're so determined to shit on other peoples enjoyment and enthusiasm about the game...

It's what trolls do...

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P
8. Re: PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P May 1, 2014, 14:52 Ryan Lange

Ludomancer wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:57:
erm, hopefully most people know that "Free-to-play" means "scan every computer for as much monetizable information as possible".

The game is no longer being developed; it's not even being maintained, really (the Core Combat expansion has been disabled for a long time, from what I hear). All they did was essentially turn off the requirement to have an active membership in order to access the game.

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P
7. Re: PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P May 1, 2014, 14:38 Ryan Lange

deqer wrote on May 1, 2014, 09:59:
At this point, shouldn't anyone who is announcing their game is now F2P should also add in a statement of proof that it's not going to be P2W?

In this case, free-to-play simply means you no longer have to pay a subscription to access the game. That's it. No other changes were made. No addition of an in-game store or micro-transactions of any kind. There's literally nothing to pay for.

But since it's no longer being developed, that means the Core Combat expansion will be forever non-functional, even for those who paid for it back in the day.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2014, 14:45.

News Comments > H1Z1 Gameplay Footage
9. Re: H1Z1 Gameplay Footage Apr 30, 2014, 21:26 Ryan Lange

deqer wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 17:43:
Should be illegal to waste people's time with things that waste your time.

See you in court. :-P

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
20. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 20, 2014, 02:05 Ryan Lange

Stanly Manly wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 23:11:
Haven't MMO's figured out yet that you don't punish your players for stuff that should have been working right in the first place?

That's... a terrible attitude. They haven't "figured it out" because it's just plain dumb.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
75. Some of you people amaze me... Apr 15, 2014, 16:03 Ryan Lange

When they announce major new features as stretch goals, you bitch about how they'll never finish the game, or that it'll fall way short.

When they announce really minor things as stretch goals, you bitch about "million dollar horse armor".

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2014, 22:55 Ryan Lange

saluk wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 14:18:
YTF do people preorder games? DS2, ok, that's a given. But watch dogs? It looks amazing, and sounds innovative, but we've seen basically nil as far as the complete picture goes.

Optimism. I'm seriously tempted to pre-order Watch Dogs, maybe even splurge on the Deluxe. If it turns out to be as cool as we hope, the money would definitely be worth it and the extra perks would be nice.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
117. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 14:18 Ryan Lange

Hump wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 23:53:
For the amount of money fans invested in this thing, they deserved a better demo.

Money doesn't make development go faster when you're already working full time on the project.

113. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 14:07 Ryan Lange

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 14:02:
Which is different from every other successful kickstarter and dev team to date.

What? Suddenly you're risk averse? Isn't that one of the major complaints gamers have about big name publishers these days; that none of them wants to take a chance?

111. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 14:01 Ryan Lange

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:56:
Except in every other case where a game dev has a finite plan once funding is reached and then proceeds to meet those goals and not move the goal post back as development continues.

As I understand it, most of these stretch goals were already on the table; they were just marked as "if we have the money, we can hire the people we need to make them happen". As funding increases, they can "add" these features.

106. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 13:53 Ryan Lange

jdreyer wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 02:26:
- there's been massive scope creep as funding has been added

This is probably the second least valid point of concern (following the amount of money raised). It's a game in active development; of course features are going to be added.

104. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2014, 13:38 Ryan Lange

Harrowing wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 06:58:
It's even funnier that you agree with him.

I also agree. What there is looks rather sexy, visually. And why shouldn't it? This is CryEngine 3, afterall.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
15. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 21:04 Ryan Lange

siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:14:
Meh, I have no problem with Origin. It's stable, unobtrusive and works. At least from my experience

I'm sure the application itself is fine. It's just that, to me, it's not only redundant (in the sense that it does the same thing as Steam), but it's also extremely limited (to a single publisher's catalog).

That said, I do have Arc installed. However, that's only because PWE/Cryptic did promotions for Neverwinter and Star Trek Online where you could claim some minor, but free stuff if you logged in to those games through Arc. That was it. Afterwards, you could continue playing both games through Steam.

I keep Arc installed, though, because the thought of uninstalling it makes me feel like an exploitative d-bag.

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo