Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan Lange

Real Name Ryan Lange   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://ryan-lange.com/
Signed On Sep 12, 2012, 16:13
Total Comments 84 (Suspect)
User ID 57555

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
20. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 20, 2014, 02:05 Ryan Lange

Stanly Manly wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 23:11:
Haven't MMO's figured out yet that you don't punish your players for stuff that should have been working right in the first place?

That's... a terrible attitude. They haven't "figured it out" because it's just plain dumb.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
75. Some of you people amaze me... Apr 15, 2014, 16:03 Ryan Lange

When they announce major new features as stretch goals, you bitch about how they'll never finish the game, or that it'll fall way short.

When they announce really minor things as stretch goals, you bitch about "million dollar horse armor".

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2014, 22:55 Ryan Lange

saluk wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 14:18:
YTF do people preorder games? DS2, ok, that's a given. But watch dogs? It looks amazing, and sounds innovative, but we've seen basically nil as far as the complete picture goes.

Optimism. I'm seriously tempted to pre-order Watch Dogs, maybe even splurge on the Deluxe. If it turns out to be as cool as we hope, the money would definitely be worth it and the extra perks would be nice.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
117. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 14:18 Ryan Lange

Hump wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 23:53:
For the amount of money fans invested in this thing, they deserved a better demo.

Money doesn't make development go faster when you're already working full time on the project.

113. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 14:07 Ryan Lange

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 14:02:
Which is different from every other successful kickstarter and dev team to date.

What? Suddenly you're risk averse? Isn't that one of the major complaints gamers have about big name publishers these days; that none of them wants to take a chance?

111. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 14:01 Ryan Lange

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:56:
Except in every other case where a game dev has a finite plan once funding is reached and then proceeds to meet those goals and not move the goal post back as development continues.

As I understand it, most of these stretch goals were already on the table; they were just marked as "if we have the money, we can hire the people we need to make them happen". As funding increases, they can "add" these features.

106. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 13:53 Ryan Lange

jdreyer wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 02:26:
- there's been massive scope creep as funding has been added

This is probably the second least valid point of concern (following the amount of money raised). It's a game in active development; of course features are going to be added.

104. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2014, 13:38 Ryan Lange

Harrowing wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 06:58:
It's even funnier that you agree with him.

I also agree. What there is looks rather sexy, visually. And why shouldn't it? This is CryEngine 3, afterall.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
15. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 21:04 Ryan Lange

siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:14:
Meh, I have no problem with Origin. It's stable, unobtrusive and works. At least from my experience

I'm sure the application itself is fine. It's just that, to me, it's not only redundant (in the sense that it does the same thing as Steam), but it's also extremely limited (to a single publisher's catalog).

That said, I do have Arc installed. However, that's only because PWE/Cryptic did promotions for Neverwinter and Star Trek Online where you could claim some minor, but free stuff if you logged in to those games through Arc. That was it. Afterwards, you could continue playing both games through Steam.

I keep Arc installed, though, because the thought of uninstalling it makes me feel like an exploitative d-bag.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week
18. Re: EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week Mar 23, 2014, 00:17 Ryan Lange

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 23:30:
So I know what a template is, but what is it in regards to this game, kind of confusing?

As far as I understand it, it's really just a system for saving your creations so that you can duplicate or restore them later on. In this case, though, placing a template requires that you have enough of the same resources that were used to create the original.

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
45. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 14:24 Ryan Lange

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 10:53:
Honestly, I don't know why companies like ea and Activision aren't hunting down the companies ...and specifically the PEOPLE being paid to provide hacks. They should have legal grounds to do so...

Depends on where the seller is located. International law can be tricky, even for governments. You'd have to either sue within their jurisdiction, or try to get the U.S. government to extradite the offender the U.S. so that you can try them over here. Even then, the Internet make things muddy. Extradition would only be an option if the crime was committed in the U.S., which you would be hard pressed to prove convincingly in the case of a cheat seller located in another country.

Also, none of that's probably worth the trouble for what amounts to a ToS violation.

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
42. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 14:10 Ryan Lange

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:41:
Does ruining the game for others brings joy and happiness to the cheater?

For a lot of them, even most? Probably. Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
11. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:54 Ryan Lange

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:47:
...or is it all just padding so they can say look our game is 48GB!!!

I don't think developers consider a large install size a point of pride.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 18:57 Ryan Lange

flechett3 wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 17:24:
No one wants to buy a broken product, and that's exactly what a day 0 patch says about a game. What's really shitty is that it's almost exclusively how games are being released now, and it's across every damn platform.

Well, I suppose they could just wait a month before fixing whatever bugs pop up between sending the game off to the presses and actual release (they don't happen at the same time, you know).

How dare they attempt to make the user's gaming experience better so soon after launch.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
58. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:07 Ryan Lange

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:02:
I want some of the shit everyone in this reply thread was smoking, because apparently we bashed Titanfall in this topic..... Which is pretty funny... because I read every post and don't see anyone doing that.

It's worse than that. Unless I'm misunderstanding how comments are numbered here, there were only 5 posts prior to Trevellian's bizarre condemnation of people trashing the game. Only one of those posts expressed any opinion about the game itself and it was as equivalent to, "Eh, not for me".

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
24. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 22, 2014, 00:19 Ryan Lange

harlock wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 00:03:
i love it when dumbfucks get upset over people talking shit about this game

You're talking shit, but it's not about the game. The lack of reading comprehension Cabezone was referring to was your failure to realize that procedural generation isn't something they're planning for the initial release, which was clearly stated.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 13:07 Ryan Lange

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:48:
I've heard good things about EQ Next, from a coworker who's playing...

Your coworker's not playing EQ Next, the MMORPG; they're playing the EQ Next Landmark alpha.

News Comments > Starbound Patch Issue and Hotfixes
7. Re: Starbound Patch Issue and Hotfixes Feb 19, 2014, 13:37 Ryan Lange

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:52:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:25:
pretty shitty

What part of "early access" is it that confuses you?

I'm don't think he's calling the game "shitty", just the situation.

News Comments > Valve on VAC and Trust
15. Re: Valve on VAC and Trust Feb 19, 2014, 03:02 Ryan Lange

Also, VAC isn't an always-on service. If you don't want to worry about VAC, all you have to do is play on non-VAC-secured servers.  

News Comments > Spicy Horse Downsizes Due to Akaneiro Debt
18. Re: Spicy Horse Downsizes Due to Akaneiro Debt Jan 30, 2014, 14:41 Ryan Lange

Jerykk wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 01:47:
If they hadn't exceeded their budget, they would have made $300k in profit.

You're assuming a development cost of $0.

84 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo