Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 937 (Graduate)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 17:25 Slick

anyone who knows my posts on here knows that i'm usually on the side of compromise and even-tempered discourse. that's why i hope it resonates that i'm acting like a whiney bitch about this issue.

i don't care if their poorly-implemented FPS system is actually just a weird lensing effect with a camera on the head. it would have zero bearing if it was strapped to the head, or the gun, or the cock, or the baby toe of my character. when i look left, it should move left, INSTANTLY.

there is no excuse for this, and anyone defending it probably has a magical rig who's exact composition makes this bullshit null, who knows, welcome to PC gaming. Can you imagine playing a platformer when every jump is just delayed slightly? it's the CORE gameplay, the thing that you're doing CONSTANTLY from beginning to end of the whole game. and they fuck it up.

games that take the control away from me infuriate me. %90 of the time the few times i rage it's because the game has failed to accept my inputs. "i turned around and jumped in that tank, why didn't my guy jump in the tank?" oh because there's some bullshit latency, you inputted your commands too quickly. what do you think this is son, a GAME?

and it has nothing to do with 3rd person controls either! there's not some magical toggle switch where all of a sudden 3rd person view introduces crazy input lag. play a fucking MMO, zero input lag. there's server lag sure, but not input lag. because input lag in 2015 is fucking disgraceful.

oh, and it also has nothing to do with there being too much physics! oh boo, there's stuff happening in this game, you know, like how there is nothing happening in any other game, i guess that's why there's lag! the parade of the delusional apologists. The euphoria engine is a hybrid between keyframe animations and ragdoll, that's it. it was made to fill in movie extras in big blockbusters, and for games. It was first seen in a football game about 5-6 years ago, i've known about the tech for closer to 7-8 years. IT DOES NOT INTRODUCE MAGICAL INPUT LAG. although it does look amazing. wanna see how it doesn't? shoot someone in BF4. they use a similar hybrid animation system which blends keyframe with ragdolls, and magically, my mouse still moves freely.

it's like going from a computer monitor, to a 60" LCD TV with all of the internal processing "ON". and all of a sudden when you move your cursor, it's lagging behind by 100ms, and no one seems to know why.

fuck you rockstar. this is disgraceful. why even have a PC port if you can't take it fucking seriously.

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 04:09 Slick

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 04:04:
I think it's the guys setup, as with M/KB or 360 controller on PC I've had no issues with mouse lag.

go play counterstrike, then come back to GTA V. it's like the controls are drunk, but i'm just angry.

I have a 980 G1 Gaming
4790k OC @ 4.5 Ghz
16 gigs 2400mhz DDR3
SSD who cares whatever brand

oh and i just reformatted 20 minutes before installing GTA V.

it's built into the game, it's fucking garbage. it's not a shooter, it's not meant for anyone who has spent 20+ years building up their FPS skills, because it's so goddamned gimped it's wearing a PVC bondage suit.

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 04:05 Slick

I mean... i'll swallow DRM, always-online, free2play, DLC... i'll take it up the ass from years-late pc ports, to broken at launch, non-existent QA and bad patch support... i'll even get facefucked by public corporations forcing unrealistic launch dates, missing features, and broken promises... but 100ms lag on EVERYTHING I DO? ON A FUCKING PC? a 19 month port of the FASTEST SELLING ENTERTAINMENT IN HISTORY. $1,000,000,000.00 in 3 days..a and NO ONE tried playing it once with a mouse?

I'd have felt less violated if every time I hit left-click a 20" dong popped out from behind my monitor and smacked my so hard my teeth fell out.

it's 2015 for fucks sake. My NES has LIGHTNING-QUICK response times compared to this garbage. what the fuck shitty sliders alternate universe am i in where this shit is allowed to go on?

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 03:57 Slick

InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 02:30:
Slick wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 21:05:
fixed the consolised shitty laggy mouse controls yet? you know the ones that literally move faster or slower depending on your frame rate? where "raw" input has 100ms latency? fixed that yet? nope?

fuck yourself

Had a chance to check it out at a friend's house yesterday for a couple of hours, he has a M+Keyboard combo (no controller) and when I tried the game I have to say I experienced what you are talking about. The movement is strangely laggy, especially the mouse look. In the cars its not so bad. I have a feeling that the game would work much better with a controller (which I happen to have at home) so we will try it again with a Logitech Dualshock (or whatever its called) today and report back on how it plays. With that said, the game is still a ton of fun, and I will be buying it as soon as I can afford it.

if you ever get the chance, try the PS4 version, if you think 100ms lag is bad, try close to 500ms. it's LUDICROUS. i mean, you tap left, and half a second later, your car starts turning left.

why isn't there a gamergate-sized revolt over this? PC gamers don't even seem to care. PC WatchDogs was (and still is) the most assbackward implementation of bad mouse input for a PC game. "let's just port the analog input to digital mouse movement, and ship us a PC version!" and there's like 5 mentions of it that google turns up. it's fucking unbelievable.

can you imagine if Mortal Kombat shipped with a few hundred ms of input lag on everything you do?

this is probably my #1 pet peeve in gaming, including all types of bullshit big and small. this one is the most egregious, and the most dickslap in your face degrading.

HOW CAN YOU SHIP A PC GAME WITHOUT EVER PLAYING IT ONCE ON PC? A fucking 12 year old could have tried playing it once, and been like: "hoo boy, well this is obviously unplayable, we should probably fix that"

WHAT

THE

FUCK

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 21:05 Slick

fixed the consolised shitty laggy mouse controls yet? you know the ones that literally move faster or slower depending on your frame rate? where "raw" input has 100ms latency? fixed that yet? nope?

fuck yourself

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 19:02 Slick

since when are cops overpaid? i read an article just a few years back showing how the average constable in New York city gets an average of $51,000. and how Toronto cops beat them with $55,000. which is ironic, cause toronto cops don't have to deal with as much shit.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
17. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 05:01 Slick

yeah, because when trolls don't have their natural outlet for their rage, they never turn their aggression on their teammates through the allowed teamchat. flawless victory for blizzard!  

15. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 03:27 Slick

InBlack wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 02:27:
Slick wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:42:
i just bought a beta key for this game for 26 cents on G2A

Well thats 26 cents you threw away. Blizzard is letting everyone into the beta, you just have to 'register' for it on the Bnet account page, and within a few days you will be in.

I gotta say I got burned out on the game rather quickly. Fuck, its not even out yet. Main reason for the burn out? I dunno, Im getting old and these repetitive games from Blizzard can only hold my attention for so long. Also getting a five team party online is harder at the age of most of my peers and friends than it used to be. Cos, life and shit. I might come back to check out the launch.

Oh i've been registered for months, i haven't received a key and was sick of waiting. I mostly forgot about this game until i read this headline. It's weird, cause they gave me 3x SC2 keys back when Wings of Liberty was coming out. I guess my frequency of launching Bnet dropped off entirely about a month after D3's release, now they don't love me.

I'm enjoying myself so far, i'm doing quite well for a non MOBA player, so that's helping alot (srsly, fuck last-hitting BS). However i'm still waiting for a semi-competitive matchmaking service which pools people into 200 personal channel mumble servers in-game and lets them easily find scrims. that's how you foster competition, as i'm also at an age where my list of friends i can get to play a game with me is pathetically small.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 02:36 Slick

the PC community universally shit on BFH, because the PC community has the highest amount of jaded old fucks

battlefront will be a hit on all platforms, maybe.

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 01:50 Slick

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:14:
The visuals aren't DICE's problem, QA is. Every game is just a bug-laden haxfest. I seriously doubt they even have a QA department. Couple that with no private servers, mod tools - and I'm sure it'll be consolized to boot - and why would you even want to bother with this? Once you get past the 'Ooh shiny new Star Wars' bit it's going to suck. Maybe not big fat donkey balls like the films will, but suck sweaty jawa balls at least.

well... this is the first game that DICE has put out that wasn't designed from the ground up to work with last-gen consoles. So i don't think it will be "consolized to boot", well not more than any other port out there is... like the multi billion $$$ GTA V which can't figure out keyboard and mouse, for a PC.

and their QA dept is obviously just under the gun because of release schedules. you could tell the pressure is on with this %100 commitment to this launch date, because of it's tie-in with the movie, coupled with their awful launch of their last title... could be a shitshow, but then again it wouldn't be a DICE game if it wasn't. It also promises to be one of the, if not THE most visually stunning game i'll ever have played.

7. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 22:42 Slick

i just bought a beta key for this game for 26 cents on G2A  

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 20, 2015, 22:33 Slick

it's kinda dissapointing, and my PC master race roots really want me to hate not having a server browser (plus i generally love battlelog). But there are benefits to having quickplay auto-matching being the forced option.

namely, the fact that hopefully it will keep certain maps/modes alive longer. once people figure out what map gives the highest amount of points per round, half the servers usually host that, that's just the way it is. I really like obliteration in BF4, but it's a bitch finding a server for it, let alone playing on a DLC map, which are totally AWOL. And this could still be the case with battlefront, as evidenced with the latest CoD playlists, half of which i've never seen populated, even on launch day.

you also used to get anomalies like in BF3 where you'd have one full 64 player armored kill tank superiority server, and 10 empty 24 man ones. in a map where literally only 24 tanks spawn, so 24 players is very much reccomended, you couldn't get a 24 player server started, because people would just flock to the only live 64 man one. so they could be javelin cunts, boooooo.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 18:08 Slick

LOL

come on, people, i know that alot of you are blind to developers you heartthrob after, but REALLY? that's MAX graphics on dual 970's?

it looks like last-gen consolized garbage, uprezzed to PC 2 years too late, oh wait, that's exactly what it is!

reminds me about how when it came out for PS4 people were gooing over the graphics, people forgot to mention that there was 500ms of input lag on the dualshock 4! minor omission i should say. who cares! we <3 rockstar!

i mean, it's not a bad looking game, but come the fuck on! this is not surpassing 8-year old crysis, not even it's shitty consolized sequels, this isn't dethroning anything anytime soon. everything looks so flat.

call me when they make a game for THIS generation, oh wait, that'll be in another 10 years so they can sell 100m copies to a large install base. i get the financial reason to wait till the end of the cycle, but please don't fool yourselves that this is some amazing piece of work for the PC master race, this is recycled uprezzed shite.

getting a zero input lag mouse wasn't a priority enough for them, 19 fucking months AFTER launch. they should be lynched for this, instead people sing their praises. it's pathetic.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 18, 2015, 05:04 Slick

isn't the 380x due out soon? like an announcement this month? am i mistaken?

*nm, 2 months, that's one wiiiide IO baby

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2015, 05:18.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Apr 18, 2015, 04:55 Slick

where's the real FOV patch? i don't think lensing the shitty console FOV counts. it looks awful.

and how about the persistant mouse lag?

how the fuck this this game pass QA? 19 months AFTER launching the game... and 5 years beforehand... and no one tried this game on a PC at rockstar once

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 17:37 Slick

if it's anything like previous titles in the franchise, there will absolutely be a melee class (with a ranged side arm). and the way the heros work is when your team is %50 of the way towards the team goal (ie. 150 tickets in a 300 ticket server) then the #1 scoring player on that team gets an on-screen prompt asking if they'd like to redeploy as a hero. The heros are usually map-dependent, so looks like Vader would be on Endor for the empire side. Once the hero dies, that's it for that map/round/whatever. It's just a bit of fun, having %200 health, and some powerful abilities, but not above getting stomped by 3 enemies who know what they're doing.

This is all speculation on my part, but at least it's grounded in precedent.

those explosions look fucking tits tho.

*pre-ordered* (don't hate me, i'm a huge battlefront guy, and SW:BF3's demise many years ago has left a blaster-sized hole in my heart)

DAMN, IT'S ABOUT TIME

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
70. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 15, 2015, 00:33 Slick

Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:58:
I'm getting frequent crashes with an error about a failed zlib call. When it works, it works well. I can get 60 FPS at 1440p and most settings on highest (but no MSAA), although I haven't been involved in a big fire-fight yet. Intel i7 3.5Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 970 3.5GB, Windows 8.1.

If I was going to upgrade my system for GTA5, I'd buy another SSD and install it there.

i had the same issue, reinstall fixed it. I originally preloaded the game to a platter hard drive, then realised what a fool i'd been, and tried steam's "backup feature", which compresses the local files, then can decompress them elsewhere. so i deleted the original install, then decompressed the backup to my SSD, and then i was getting that zlib error, after about 5-15 minutes of gametime, everytime.

i re-downloaded the whole schboingle, hopefully that works for ya

i didn't have any duplicate files, and all of my filesizes for those big files seemed to be correct, so i didn't have any leads to just re-download specific files, so i just nuked it all

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
187. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 02:05 Slick

still visually sub-par compared against watch dogs (with the worse mod). Hopefully some clever mods unlock some real fidelity for GTA V. It just looks like an up-rezzed last gen console game. which is exactly what it is.

Anyone other trainspotters spy the super weird texture LOD thing with every object about 4-5m infront of you? It's like an utterly broken anisotropic texture filtering, it goes from hi rez to uber low rez with no feathering/blending tricks at all, it's very distracting, but easy enough to forget about if you're driving around.

what i want to know is how to get rid of the mouse lag? the PS4 version had such crazy amounts of input lag, that i was expecting this, but it's still not perfect. It's just so hard for me, as an FPS player, to have to settle with shitty FPS controls, that's why i play on PC.

although to be fair, it's still light years better to the mouse support on watch dogs for PC, that game STILL has just insane amounts of neg/pos acceleration that you can't turn off. it's pathetic.

87. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 18:04 Slick

..although what I didn't consider is the simultaneous global launch, that could throw a big wrench into the works...

less than 1 hour! chekc this http://mafro.ca/v/ in the top right it shows the % of how long PC gamers have waited since the first teaser was announced back in 2011. we're 99.99% the way there!

ugh, off to play some Rainbow Six: Siege I suppose! who else has pizzas on the way? *edit FUCK! the alpha ended!? NOOOOOOO

86. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 17:52 Slick

%10 of PC gamers is alot! i think this is an inflated projection.

The main reason being that many of these gamers have probably already played GTA V in the last 17 months. We've had many chances, 2 generations of consoles, and i'm sure anyone who didn't play it managed to convince a friend to borrow the console for a week to try it out. It's just that kind of game.

The PC version is like the ultimate collectors special hyper mega remix edition. It's best-of-the-best, but imo will only attract a certain fraction of the total userbase interested in playing the game.

There was a year+ when there was no announced PC version at all, so anyone who wanted to play the game, would have definitely been trying to get their hands on a console version, I know I did.

i have to imagine that a large portion of people who have been A) interested in playing this game from the beginning, and B) already played the console versions, and C) are still planning on re-buying the PC version, would probably wait for a steam sale.

937 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo