Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 295 (Amateur)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin
24. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 22, 2014, 13:02 Slick

just wondering, am i like the only one who actually enjoys playing videogames? i understand the internet was built for people to complain, but this thread is about getting to play a full game for free, and it's somehow devolved into how that's the worst thing ever, and how people won't even try it because of the principle that... what, they might enjoy a fun game? oh no right i forgot, it's that a videogame company raped their sister.

no other artistic medium receives the same kind of treatment, i've never heard of an author being so adamantly boycotted when he decides to give away a book for free. it really doesn't add up.

EA seems to be the industry's whipping boy, but it's by no means limited to them. gaming really is a cesspool of haters. There's a race on to see who can be the "Homer Simpson Food Critic" where he just shits on everything.

http://idonthateyouphilly.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/food.jpg

it's like the "cool" thing is to be dissatisfied with everything. "oh this new cellphone is THE WORST" do you even realize that you can watch HD movies streamed from the internet on the bus? we're living in a technological renaissance, and everyone is unimpressed. everything's amazing and nobody's happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E

bunch of whining, non-contributing fucktards just destroying anything they touch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 22, 2014, 12:49 Slick

InBlack:

never said "give up on changing anything" infact my exact words were: "we accept it as things beyond our control, or we actively work on changing it". what i WAS saying is that refusing to play a free demo in no way hurts or changes anything. you're literally only losing out of enjoyment for yourself. this thread is not about buying anything, it's about playing a free demo.

gsilver:

I didn't know that about older vehicles not liking ethanol, good to know. I am aware of the terrible energy sink that the ethanol project is, alot of "green" techs actually consume more energy than the "non-green" option. But as i'm sure you'd agree, you choosing to walk to work or bike to work in "protest" isn't going to amount to shit. If you want to get that changed there's better ways to go about it.

creston:

you still mad? this guy remembers my name like he remembers his dad's dick in his mouth. apparently i'm an EA shill for thinking that SimCity was actually a fun game if you could get past the bad launch. I compared it to the launch of Diablo 3 which also had awful first week connectivity issues for an always-online game. Creston compared me to a nazi EA shill. It's funny, how's D3 doing? long dead? LOL. nope. Funny how one of those games got a pass cause of their developer, and the other got a death sentence because of the same thing. I must also be a Nadeo shill, a Wizards of the Coast shill, a Double fine shill, a Naughty dog shill, a Valve shill, and any other game's publisher/developer that i've publicly said i enjoyed.

however i am not spiteful, and can recognize when someone does something right. *cough the point of this entire thread cough* creston is correct saying that the DL is only 23-28GB, the final install size is 50GB+.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2014, 06:54 Slick

vacs wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 05:00:
That 3D viewing may result in temporary headaches or dizziness for some people is well known, however no degradation or any other issue affecting the long term health of your vision have been observed.

That's why I asked, I keep hearing people that they are afraid to lose or have their vision degraded permanently by using any fake 3D system (like OR, 3D vision or 3D movies).

these are the same people that want to ban blanketing a city in public wi-fi because they claim that it's unproven tech that's too new for study, and that it's irreparably harming infants.

they forget that we've had radio waves bouncing all around us for a very long time. in the same way we have been moving our eyes for a long time too. simulated 3d is just exercising your eye muscles, which is by it can feel strained by some. tell those people to try 3d for 1 minute, then take a break, then 2, then 4, etc. and watch how after 10 minutes they can watch a whole movie without any discomfort. it's a muscle, you have to stretch it out if it's out of shape.

17. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 22, 2014, 06:41 Slick

you're by no means alone in this, i just think it's a bit spiteful. cutting off one's nose to spite the face kinda deal.

you're not doing them any harm by not playing this game, you're only losing out on your own enjoyment. there is no education in this act, they aren't going to "learn" or "change their ways" if you don't try the game, (if you really wanted to affect some numbers, wouldn't showing them that people are interested in these free demos?) so the only one who is being affected is you. your actions are done in spite.

publishers are just businessmen, they don't employ sinister business practices, they're just interested in the bottom line. i think in our heart of hearts we all know that we partake in much worse practices every day.

(in the USA:)

ever eaten anything with corn in it? (hint: everything) you're supporting diabolical GMO programs by Monsanto corp. Did you drive a car to get that food? you're supporting climate change and invading countries for oil. You pay your taxes? half of that money has gone towards defense spending used in securing and bombing invaded countries.

you're a human, no one's innocent here, if you wanna live off the grid then go live in a hut in the woods. for the rest of us we accept it as things beyond our control, or we actively work on changing it. no one gives 2 shits if you choose to walk to work instead of drive because you don't believe in the oil trade. it's about the individuals ego in spite of a perceived wrong. it does nothing to affect the wrong being committed. you wanna change things? invent an affordable electric car.

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
11. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 22, 2014, 06:25 Slick

Acleacius wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 05:02:
Slick wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 03:54:
Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 23:25:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:50:
In a typical zenimax greed move, they only put the dlc on sale for 50% off. This is the same way they try to force people to buy their games twice i.e. goty editions.

After quitting ESO for these types of moves, probably won't ever buy a zenimax game at release again. They publish so many extremely popular games, it's doubtful there could be an effective organized effort to try and stop it.

Or you can do something crazy like have some patience and wait for a GOTY release. No no let's bitch instead.

Did you ever buy the same Zenimax published game twice? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

only in the comments section of a videogame board will you find shit like this. that company discounted it's product by %50 out of GREED. i'm no mathematician, but i'm pretty sure that greed would be for when they charge %200.

i wouldn't attempt to comprehend this logic, that's when blood starts running out of your ears and your landlord finds you weeks later flopped over your laptop.
Exactly what I was thinking, too. I hope you like irony, too. Or maybe your mathematician who can't comprehend, too. Wouldn't or couldn't, too. Hope you can comprehend, soon, too.

okay that's one of the creepiest replies i've ever heard, are you going to e-rape me now?

15. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 22, 2014, 03:58 Slick

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 03:01:
I still refuse to install Origin, or pretty much anything EA related on my PC. Titanfall is actually an EA game I would like to check out, but without all the EA strings attached. I dont want to have anything to do with them ever again, I dont even want them to have my email. If that means missing out on a decent game every once in a few years, so be it.

man, if only the elders of the united internet council hadn't decreed at the dawn of the web that we were all allotted only one e-mail address. I wasted mine on a hotmail account, still i'll never let that evil videogame company get ahold of cooldude69@hotmail.com, there's too much at stake.

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
7. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 22, 2014, 03:54 Slick

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 23:25:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:50:
In a typical zenimax greed move, they only put the dlc on sale for 50% off. This is the same way they try to force people to buy their games twice i.e. goty editions.

After quitting ESO for these types of moves, probably won't ever buy a zenimax game at release again. They publish so many extremely popular games, it's doubtful there could be an effective organized effort to try and stop it.

Or you can do something crazy like have some patience and wait for a GOTY release. No no let's bitch instead.

Did you ever buy the same Zenimax published game twice? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

only in the comments section of a videogame board will you find shit like this. that company discounted it's product by %50 out of GREED. i'm no mathematician, but i'm pretty sure that greed would be for when they charge %200.

i wouldn't attempt to comprehend this logic, that's when blood starts running out of your ears and your landlord finds you weeks later flopped over your laptop.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 22, 2014, 03:45 Slick

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 18:50:
Looking forward to Destiny. I know it is nothing new, WoW and many other MMO's were similar games but this one is really well done and in a Mass Effect like universe.

i would not quote this game as being an MMO, this is a DLC-fest boarderlands-lite shooter with weak RPG elements and broken features.

"we aren't implementing a matchmaking system, you can only do raids with people in your friends list. players will organize in the tower to do raids"

how will they organize? interpretive dance? there's no global messaging system, there's no "invite to party/squad" function. so people are going to spend time spamming strangers with PSN friend requests? seems very "next-gen". boy these guys certainly know how "MMO"s work.

13. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 22, 2014, 00:49 Slick

wow. cutter bitching about something for the sake of bitching. colour me surprised.

and to the guy bitching about wanting to try this demo except he won't "waste" 50GB of his unlimited bandwidth on it, that's just dumb. don't get me wrong, doing a carbon-copy of the xbone blu-ray disc for the PC release is pretty fucking dumb too, but it's not any more or less dumb than your reasoning for not trying this.

titanfall is fun, but it's like CoD, it gets old after 2 weeks, but it's a really fun 2 weeks. the last map pack was pretty disappointing IMO, the first one was much better.

i think it's worth $30, it's a new arena FPS with CoD gunplay, not worth more than that IMO, but it's good fun for what it is.

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
12. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 01:03 Slick

bigspender wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:41:
Clever kid and proof that intelligence is inheritable. So if you're stupid, you're fucked.

I'd say it has more to do with having parents that actually engage with their child - instead of buying a massive SUV to protect their precious little babies, and then letting their brains rot in front of the telly for 18 years.

Genes would come in only at the olympic level.

it's quite unequivocal, parents who buy sport utility vehicles have retarded kids. if only the dumb kid was huffing off the tailpipe of a prius, he might have had a chance to grow up with an iota of intelligence.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2014, 03:25 Slick

wow, yahtzee actually enjoyed firefall

as do i!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 15, 2014, 01:55 Slick

AHAHAHAHAAH

pc port of watchdogs still has the worst positive and negative mouse acceleration i've ever seen, even after 3 patches it hasn't even been addressed.

I swear no one from ubi has ever actually played the pc version of watchdogs. waste of money. if i wanted to play using a gimped control scheme i'd buy it for ps4.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
15. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 20:17 Slick

Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 19:00:
Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 17:22:
That's my commentary, and if you think otherwise, gtfo of PC gaming.

Okay, cliffy.

ZING

I happen to totally agree with him, i guess i'm Cliffy too?

since when was stealing socially acceptable? the fuck? i mean, i do use torrentz if there's no demo or beta etc. but then i buy the game.

imo if they just brought back shareware we'd not only have better games, but happier consumers. killing shareware was one of the most anti-consumer moves in pc gaming history.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
5. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 14:26 Slick

yeah well, UE has some major issues on PC, considering half the games i played in the last decade are based on that engine.

how many times have you guy had to tweak the MaxSmoothFrames or whatever setting in the engine.conf? and oh wait, everything is laid bare you can change anything in there! so either you have the option to lock everything down so that no one can even make use of their 120 FPS monitor, or give them rudimentary access such a basic PC feature as not being hardcapped at 62 FPS, and then anyone can change any number of things if they're smart enough to give them a competitive advantage in MP.

why those things were in the same file i'll never know, and who knows if they've even changed it with UE4.

such a pain in the ass, EVERY, SINGLE, PC PORT

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
23. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:00 Slick

buy now and get access to 4k resolution gaming! *4k monitor sold seperately

i can't wait to see what textures built to be displayed at 792p will look like stretched to 4k!

also, i'm pretty sure that EVERY PC game can do 4k, it's just a resolution. that's like saying that your now game can do 8k resolution! yeah, if you have an 8k TV lol.

buy DooM now and receive a free upgrade to 1280x1024 graphics! only on DooM!

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 17:29 Slick

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:25:
Haha:
"One gamer even reported hearing someone constantly whispering ‘death’ for a few days."

They didn't explain in the article, but that has to be from Black and White. I don't think I was hearing it, but it's one of those goofy sound effects I still remember and occasionally look up online.

LOL!

the moment i read this, my bring was immediately recalling that "death" line from black and white, in full dolby hi-fi surround baby!

certain sounds are just memorable. I'll always remember the sound that demons spawning from the end boss of DooM 2 make when they shoot out from his head. like a "ski-schochhhhhh" you hear it in movies occasionally.

I've done some sound design, and most of the sounds we hear are part of industry insider collections of sounds that are all not often replaced. So the art is how you layer and edit them to make something new. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the effect sounds you hear are all part of some 80's hollywood sound designers CD collection

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 3, 2014, 17:17 Slick

whoever said mime was dead?  

News Comments > TOXIKK Announced
13. Re: TOXIKK Announced Aug 3, 2014, 02:50 Slick

well i guess i'll just have to fap over this debut trailer a few more times... who am i kidding, re-installing shootmania now...  

News Comments > TOXIKK Announced
11. Re: TOXIKK Announced Aug 2, 2014, 14:18 Slick

UT took alot of cues from quake, but by the time they hit UT3, it was pretty far from quake. where in quake (aside from mods) did you ever see vehicular gameplay? battlefield-sized levels? hitching a ride on a buggy by leashing your hoverboard to it? not exactly quake.

also, the weapons look very UT, not quake. again where in quake is there the nuke launcher (near the end of this video)?

also it looks like it's using the unreal engine, which would also make it look a little closer to, well unreal.

great news for me, as UT4 looked like an office joke inside Epic. duhh, let's just let the community tell us what to do, we don't know what we're doing anymore with this franchise. what's that saying? a camel is an animal designed by committee?

my only question is which package to purchase.

any word if this is UE3 or UE4?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall: Frontier's Edge
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall: Frontier's Edge Aug 1, 2014, 01:10 Slick

this game needs to keep it's weapons and abilities more in-line with a competitive shooter, and it would take off. 6v6 arena style FPS game could make waves.  

295 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo