Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 30, 2014, 16:10 Slick

just tried a quick test, it's working great for me!

http://youtu.be/5XxWFE19oCg

unfortunately it doesn't look like it supports 4k 60fps, only max 1080p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 05:11 Slick

watch dogs was good because of The Worse's mod. that's what made it proper. we need something like that for unity.  

News Comments > EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed
7. Re: EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed Oct 29, 2014, 15:30 Slick

the "it's a mod" thing is bullshit. if anything bf4 is much closer to being a mod of bf3. it's battlefield with cops and robbers. the gunplay doesn't look much different, but then again neither was 2142's gunplay. infact that was a conscious decision to keep the dynamics that made a BF game intact. people would have freaked out if 2142 was all lasers.

you guys remember 2142 right? with giant flying carriers, pod spinning, gunships, and mechs? yeah everyone said that was "just a mod" of bf2 also.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
21. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 15:26 Slick

just give it a rest  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 29, 2014, 04:24 Slick

Nighthawk wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 01:26:
EA and DICE, nobody has anything TO look forward to.
Dice has a proven track record of pushing out a pretty but broken product, doesn't, or takes an excessive amount of time fixing major bugs.
EA has proven it cares more about the dollar than the product (quality).
Together you can look forward to...I'll wager...6 DLCs, early access "bonuses", a $60 price tag, Origin exclusive, broken product.
It'll take a year or 3 to get fixed properly and by then you'll have elite players that can't be touched, and maybe a quality product.
This isn't speculation, it's history.

can't keep a good hater down.

it really is incredible to see the amount of vitriol there is against A) something that isn't coming out for more than a year, and B) something that essentially no one knows anything about. well except that some people have anointed themselves with the clairvoyance to see the future... homenahomenahomena guess what? it's going to be garbage! i'm being cool on the internet! won't someone please love me?

and by the by, getting mad at an upcoming AAA game costing $60 is like getting mad at water for being wet. they've been around $60 for over 2 decades. also, publishers usually publish the games that they build on their own platforms, last i checked valve still published games they've built on steam.

and you can't use DLC like a dirty word, no one's buying that anymore. people know when something's been ripped out of a core game and sold for extra (usually on the same disc). "DLC" is not that. DLC is expansion packs. remember those? of course not.

and pre-order bonuses, oh heavens no! you get a free weapon attachment if you order from Ted's game emporium! lordy lordy the heavens are falling! riiight, did you get mad about GTA 5's $1,000,000 in-game currency pre-order special? what about the whole page of bonus guns, and vehicles only available to people who played on the last gen? what about EVERY OTHER AAA game that's been released in the last 10 years?

dimwitted shits like you are what keep all gamers down. you don't have a rational bone in your body and all you know is hate.

you're going to miss everything good in your life then die angry.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
1. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 19:29 Slick

ASTEROID MINING!

it's like eve except fun

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 28, 2014, 19:17 Slick

Task wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 19:11:
I fear a great disturbance in the force if EA forces DICE them to rush it just so it can be out at that same time as the upcoming lame Episode 7.

it was announced at E3 2013. if a game announced 2.5 years before launch is considered "rushed" then up is officially down, and left is the new right.

in other news, who is surprized by this announcement in the least? i thought it was common knowledge that 2015 is battlefront, hopefully leaving holidays 2016 to be ready for 2143. i have high hopes for both, as earlier versions of each were pretty great.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 15:08 Slick

PropheT wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:02:
Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:40:
And one more reason to not purchase DA3 is provided - thanks Gaider!

Did you even read what he said?

I agree with most of it, even though I definitely don't care for her message. The part where he's wrong is the part about why anyone who disagrees should even care, and that part seems pretty obvious to me when even if you want nothing to do with it the mainstream media and not just gaming media is covering it now.

Anyway, you might want to actually read the article instead of just condemning anyone with a different viewpoint out of hand.

just one more example of of pro-GG people sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming: "nyah nyah, i can't hear you, i've made up my mind, i hate you".

there's absolutely no way he read the article. with 30-second armchair appraisers like him around, they don't deserve to play the masterful games this industry is capable of.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 14:56 Slick

people would rather get in a froth over any number of stupid distractions than take a long hard look at reality. gamergate is only the logical extension of what started with brittany watch.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2014, 14:25 Slick

was fun on xbox, apparently there's pc issues, locked at 24hz on hdmi out, and no xbox controller support, so all button prompts on screen are keyboard and mouse controls, even is using controller.  

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
7. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 14:14 Slick

my 980 gtx windforce is usually running at about 55 degrees at load playing BF4 at 120fps. it's pretty crazy how much reserves this card has.

mantle is nifty, but shadowplay is worth the price of admission alone to have a nvidia card. it's a bitch that so many games aren't supported by the geforce experience though, and you can't manually force a game to be recognized, and only if it's recognized does shadowplay work

News Comments > TOXIKK Movement Trailer
4. Re: TOXIKK Movement Trailer Oct 23, 2014, 13:45 Slick

i'll probably get this just because i love the genre, but i'd be hard-pressed to say i was impressed by that video.

it looks/feels exactly like UT3

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Final Stand on CTE
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Final Stand on CTE Oct 16, 2014, 05:27 Slick

hovertank and rorsch here i come!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 18:38 Slick

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:59:
The Bone could possibly be the worst console made, excluding old one's made by newcomers/unknowns. I thought the 360 meltdown issue was a huge one, the issue with the Bone affects all systems, has nothing to do if the HW is working or not and the shit is bleeding into competitor consoles and PC games. Someone needs to be shown the door and fast.

Between backdoor deals like this and "you have to release day 1 on Bone or never release on Bone", scarred pussies they are. Fuck'm good. There was the reveal with all the 180'ing they had to do after, but these issues here are one's that linger beyond a HW freeze and it goes beyond their console and affects way too many. Time for the rest of the industry to give them the middle finger in unison, then there is nothing they can do about it.

HEAR HEAR

looks like M$ is already getting their arses kicked this console round, these kind of heinous acts only show their desperation. they're like a fat pimply 4-eyed dweeb trying to get a prom date, and when no one wants to date him, he slicks his hair back with dorito grease and rubs shit in the other's guy's face, so that he should at least have a 50/50 chance.

EYYYYYY, THIS GUY!

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
63. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 11, 2014, 13:40 Slick

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 08:16:
Slick wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 23:27:
also i'm with Quinn on this, haters gonna hate.

it's VERY noticeable when a select few people try and bully others on this forum. What they don't realise is that their attempts to humiliate others for speaking their mind is only looking bad on them.

it really is pathetic that some people consider being an asshole to others to somehow be attractive behaviour. just know that you're putting yourself on display for the world to see, and if you really think being a dick to others counts as magnanimous behaviour, then you deserve your little bubble of un-reality. to the rest of us, you're just a spectacle.

I couldn't agree with you more. I know where Quinn's coming from. It's incredibly telling if you look at the typical select few who jumped on him. I'll go out of line here and say their stain on this community is the reason I never post here anymore ("good riddance!" blahblah I know). Sadly Bluesnews is the best news site for PC games out there, because there must be communities without the typical select few self-entitled elitist, arrogant, smart-ass snobs.

yeah, i stopped posting here for 6 months a while back when some dicknoses decided to vitrually gangbang me. i was speaking in full sentences, with proper grammar and everything! too bad i was labeled a whore and a shill, infact some lowlives on here occasionally call me that still in random threads. if i could paraphrase, it was like: "hey i've got this observation which is counter to yours, care to discuss?" "faggot" "umm okay, but i just wrote like 4 paragraphs listing some facts which you seem to be overlooking" "whatever faggot everyone is just going to ignore you until you leave" "whoa, what? ok, but we're not talking about the topic at hand at all... I.." "faggot" "ok bye".

after that i performed a bit of a social experiment on here when i came back. i came back with an edge, with a sneer and a jowl, infact several jowls. i tried to more closely fit the ego-freaks who need to constantly bitch, talk shit about others, and be constantly unsatisfied with everything. and you know what? no one gave me shit again. i walked tall, and bitched the loudest, and i'd carved out a niche as some gamer who's "had it up to here" with all of the BULLSHIT in bla bla bla game from bla bla bla company. i've never had so many replies to things i've said since i tried this tactic. it was like i was cloathed in some meager amount of respect that i'd never seen here before.

cloak of invisibility yo, people will be dicks if they can get away with it. the sad part is the social fuckery that puts these clowns on a pedestal in the first place, it's a viscious cycle. no one corrects them, so they control the story. we need more people willing to speak up, to not get dissuaded by our detractors who would rather be king rat in the landfill instead of trying to actually grow this community into something.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
44. Re: gnothi seauton Oct 11, 2014, 12:02 Slick

mantle is more than ready for primetime. if you're gaming on an old CPU, you can get as much as a %50 frame rate boost compared with DirectX, not bad for it's first iteration, DX does have a bit of a head start...

just like the copycat optimizations that DX12 is implementing, it's all about freeing CPU cycles, optimization, feeling their effects most pronounced when you're cpu limited. if you've already got a baller CPU then yeah, there's negligible gains. but still even being on par with DX11.1 right at launch bodes very well for mantle.

too bad without shadowplay i'll never buy another amd card again, happy to have switched to big green for the moment.

59. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 23:27 Slick

also i'm with Quinn on this, haters gonna hate.

it's VERY noticeable when a select few people try and bully others on this forum. What they don't realise is that their attempts to humiliate others for speaking their mind is only looking bad on them.

it really is pathetic that some people consider being an asshole to others to somehow be attractive behaviour. just know that you're putting yourself on display for the world to see, and if you really think being a dick to others counts as magnanimous behaviour, then you deserve your little bubble of un-reality. to the rest of us, you're just a spectacle.

58. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 23:18 Slick

Saboth wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:38:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:41:
Origin is a part of EA and EA is a part of my shit list so even when they do this, there's no way I'll bite. They could have a box of kittens included and I still wouldn't budge.

It baffles my friends who don't understand my zero EA stance and every time they get pissed off with them, they'll get mad, say they've sworn off EA but immediately fold like a house of damp cards when a carrot gets dangled in front of them. It's like an abusive relationship.

That's my take too. People are always like "I can't figure out why you have a beef with EA and Origin." Well, look at their track record, how they've treated studios under them in the past, how they've released unfinished, buggy games, how their EULA strips you of rights. People have paid full price for broken games, and EA's stance is "sucks to be you, we'll fix it, eventually maybe." Recall people being banned from the games they bought because of forum posts. Steam gets my business because over the years, they've improved their service, listened to gamers, and provide value. The *only* reason to use Origin is EA has stuck their games behind a proprietary DRM scheme. So you'd give them your business not because you want to, or they are great, but because it's the only way to play their games.

ok so, im confused by the statement "steam has improved their service"? what service? the week-long e-mail correspondance? you know what feature i like best about origin? the little "help" tab at the top which will direct you to live chat help.

but none of that matters, for the billionth time, Valve invented Steam to tell 3rd party publishers (Vivendi) to suck a dick because they were taking a % of their profits from games they were making (remember when valve made games?) EA, weather you love em or hate em, did the EXACT SAME THING. they told a 3rd party publisher (Steam) to fuck off because they were tired of them taking a % of their profits from games that EA has made.

it's really like getting mad at Burger King for opening up their own store where they sell Burger King burgers, instead of just re-selling them at the bottom of the Mcdonalds menu.

also, let me formally laugh the fuck out loud to anyone with such a large pickle up their ass that they won't play one of the best RPGs of the last decade for free because wah wah wah. it really is hilarious the length some people will cut off their nose to spite their own face.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2014, 03:30.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
21. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 9, 2014, 22:09 Slick

Fantaz wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:37:
Slick wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 09:15:
well it's about time, there seem to be several people who play from this site, i still play almost nightly. I just made us a platoon for BluesNews:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/4506912284225478454/

join up if y'all want, would be interesting to cross swords with some of you

cool... but how do i join? i just installed BF4 on my new comp and really got into it last night. Alien Isolation, Sleeping Dogs and Shadow of Mordor can wait...

as long as you're logged into your account when you click that link, there should be some button on that page to "request invite to platoon" or something. i know you can basically "like" the guild or "request admission".

add me as a friend, DeeJaySlick

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 9, 2014, 09:15 Slick

well it's about time, there seem to be several people who play from this site, i still play almost nightly. I just made us a platoon for BluesNews:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/4506912284225478454/

join up if y'all want, would be interesting to cross swords with some of you

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo