Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 273 (Amateur)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
4. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 10:13 Slick

his first mistake was making a videogame development studio and expecting to still operate in a reality where etiquette is still a thing. people can't accept that they bought an unfinished product, so now they're angry because they got what they bought.

everything is backwards. you can literally never do anything right without dealing with at least a certain vocal minority shitting all over you in the gaming space. it's filled with indignant self-righteous children.

the only examples which change that dynamic are blizzard and bungie games, which people will defend with their lives. haveyou guys heard that Diablo 3 just decided to buff 2-handed weapons! PRAISE BLIZZARD AND THEIR 2.5 YEAR LAPSE OF JUDGEMENT. OR Destiny, have you guys heard that boarderlands is now in a post-apocalyptic hellscape setting, with less guns, less character progression, less co-op party members, and it's now called Destiny? PRAISE BUNGIE FOR DUPLICATING SOMETHING WE ALREADY HAVE THEN CLAIMING THAT IT'S THE MOST AMBITIOUS SHIFT IN GAMING EVER!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ShootMania Platform Beta Demo
2. Re: ShootMania Platform Beta Demo Jul 28, 2014, 02:14 Slick

Hump wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:47:
Thought this game was horseshit when I viewed the original gameplay videos but after messing with the demo I found myself really enjoying it after a short time. Too bad the community doesn't have a 10th of the population of Trackmania.....

yup, it would be nice to have at least one good custom map server that was populated in NA... i have a feeling i'd probaby be alot better without the lag

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
31. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 27, 2014, 19:47 Slick

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 18:37:
Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 11:07:
HOOO BOY.

crysis 2 was an improvement over crysis 1? graphics were better? farcry 2 and 3 had better graphics!? you need to go back to crysis and actually finish it. or don't who cares.
I absolutely stand by my statement. Crysis really wasn't as impressive as people like to make out.

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 11:07:
as i've said, Crysis's only problem was that it was released too soon.
Or that it lacked any gameplay. It was just a giant sandbox shooter.

Kajetan wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 08:51:
I find both lacking ... well, but Crytek was never known for good gameplay design. They do tech. Nothing else. Becoming a game developer was not the brightest idea, because they had no game design talent. And they hired only mediocre game design talent. There is no vision in Cryteks games, no clear gameplay design. They just make the game up, as they go along and scrap everything they build for the next game, even in the same game. Do you really remember Far Cry? Playing on this beautiful island, battling mercenaries and suddenly these stupid monsters in corridors and this absurd, grotesque and just lazy designed end fight?
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it was a classic. The dialogue was extremely cheesy, the checkpoints annoying and the ending was terrible. But in terms of overall games it had the better package.

What annoyed me about Crysis is that Crytek learned absolutely nothing from Far Cry. The biggest complaint was the ending and the supernatural shit, so what do they do? They replace mutants with aliens. Not only that but North Koreans as the enemy? What a joke. When I first heard about Crysis I was excited, until I read about the aliens and North Koreans. At with Crysis 2 they actually put in a narrative and had decent voice acting, even if they were still limited by the generic premise.

it's funny how you say how little dialogue, a silly premise, alien invasions, and armed guards to kill is = terrible game with no gameplay

perhaps you should revisit Half Life then re-appraise your words.

25. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 11:07 Slick

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 08:03:
Crysis was a poorly optimised tech engine with utterly mediocre gameplay. I've tried to complete it on numerous occasions but I just find it tedious. Far Cry was the better game.

As for Crysis 2, it was definitely an improvement. The suit powers were streamlined and the narrative was decent, even if nothing original. The biggest criticism is that it didn't make use of open environment, so it felt a bit restrictive. The graphics were better, plus the game was much better optimised.

The problem with the Crysis series is that Ubisoft surpassed it with Far Cry 2 and 3, which had better graphics, better gameplay and better narratives.

HOOO BOY.

crysis 2 was an improvement over crysis 1? graphics were better? farcry 2 and 3 had better graphics!? you need to go back to crysis and actually finish it. or don't who cares.

the gameplay and multiplayer of crysis was tight, just not for everyone who enjoyed using real tactics in their MP gameplay. most people didn't even know that using MAX POWER your accuracy got twice as good, as your muscles absorbed the recoil much better, however now you were a glowing red target for your enemies.

I've been playing Crysis MP for years, the suit power switching is much more satisfying than the console-centric CRysis 2 and 3, which were basterdizations of the franchise and a big step DOWN graphics and technology-wise.

as i've said, Crysis's only problem was that it was released too soon.

18. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 23:10 Slick

I also remember the day I received my shareware copy of Wolfenstein 3D, and I still put Crysis up there against it, DooM, Half-Life, painkiller.

Crysis has a special place in my heart, it was bigger than life in many ways, and the campaign is probably the last single-player FPS experience that has stayed with me so vividly.

10. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 19:08 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 18:30:
Yeah I always thought it was delusional when they would talk about Crysis being this huge franchise, the whole nano-suit thing always felt more like a gimmick to explain the gameplay mechanic of having god like powers.

When they did the multiplayer beta for Crysis 1 it just felt completely off, people were giving suggestions on how to improve the game but it was this whole awkward feeling of trying to be Battlefield like with vehicles and yet you are a one man army so no need for squads filling up specific tasks and vehicles didn't belong when you could just nano-speed-boost around the map on foot.

Hiring some bigwig sci-fi author to write the story for Crysis 2, really? That story was so generic anyone could come up with it on the back of a napkin while eating pizza and drinking beer. I think they even did a toy line tie in with Crysis 3.

It all went to their head in a bad way.

agreed. the fiction of Crysis 1 actually managed to steal the show for me in a way that hasn't been accomplished since Half-Life.

Shame that was squandered when they did Crysis 2: Call of Dookie.

their problem was releasing Crysis 1 too early, no one could play it adequately with the shit hardware (comparatively) at the time, so no one bought it. They needed to pull a HL2 where they kept delaying the launch until the market was right for it. Crysis could have been a household name, but they were too ambitious.

Still, Crysis 1 is one of the best classic FPS games ever made.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2014, 09:18 Slick

i really hope that the SP in future BF games becomes a hybrid kinda like what titanfall did, except with pure bots.

developers really underestimate how much fun massacreing hoardes of AI bots in an FPS game is. I really shouldn't have to keep going back to playing painkiller to get that fix, it's 2014.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver
5. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 16:59 Slick

ever since the last RC which I did for watch_dogs, my 280x has been scrypt mining at 100-200Kh lower than normal, wonder if this will fix it.  

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Universal Demo
8. Re: ShootMania Storm Universal Demo Jul 13, 2014, 05:50 Slick

i like it when people tell me shit that i'm experiencing isn't real. especially when they don't even try to experience.

thanks for the useless opinion.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 08:14 Slick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZ8m7pqJZs#t=20

BAM FUCKING LOOK AT THAT SHIT, THAT WAS 2006! THATS HOW ITS DONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7sFIWDvIc#t=1198

BIGGITY BAM! THAT WAS 2007!

so what in the hell are we doing here in 2014????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGJACVoMPI#t=75

where the shaders look better, the polys are higher, but the lips move, and the eyes occationally blink, but other than that characters look like statues. And the more dramatic the reading is only creates more dissonance for the viewer, as their voice is portraying all kinds of emotion, while the character models do their best impression of a brick wall.

27. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 08:00 Slick

bout ready to write this one off. the animations look like shit, the combat looks like every other game on consoles, the dialogue wasn't awe-inspiring, and the overall feel seems very cookie-cutter.

i've just about had it with these RPGs who's animations are so trash. unforgivable in 2014. the whole point is about immersion in the world, and the characters. they'll spend tens of millions on texture artists, 3D modelers, voice actors, etc. but the animations still look like every other goddamned RPG on the planet. including every single MMO ever made.

maybe it's just cause i'm playing ESO and am so tired of the same deadpan faces delivering stale lines of dialogue telling me to do x y or z, it's so easy to see through, i've lost all immersion. then you see the same shit everywhere, and a genre you love just feels worn thin.

6. Re: ShootMania Storm Universal Demo Jul 12, 2014, 05:45 Slick

something's wrong with the server browser, it was showing only 12 people online for me, clicking on STORM then MULTIPLAYER on the left side...

i found my server favorites from a year ago, and somehow i found dozens of populated servers... not sure what's up with that, if i figure it out i'll post here.

it's def a low pop game, and most of the players are euros, but i never feel like i have more than 50 ping, there's not much going on that the netcode has to handle, so they're hightic servers i think.

22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 05:42 Slick

so tired of the goddamn deadpan faces. it's like every RPG can get lip-syncing done reasonably well, and then just call it quits right there. who needs any other facial muscles?

"well if the lips are moving and there's dialogue, that's all the immersion you need to create a bond with the character"

go replay HL2: Episode 2 to see how it's done. or any game by ninja theory.

performance capture needs to be mandatory for RPGs, and i don't think i've seen a single RPG use it. maybe the next next-gen will use it. one of these next-gens better fucking have it.

4. Re: ShootMania Storm Universal Demo Jul 12, 2014, 01:24 Slick

another great review here

i reccomend battle and siege mode, elite is alright, but encourages playing like a bitch.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2014, 04:34.

3. Re: ShootMania Storm Universal Demo Jul 12, 2014, 01:13 Slick

best competitive FPS out there bar none.

no bullshit cone of fire, perfect hitregs, clean simple UI, so much to like.

only thing hard to get used to is the sprint/jump system.

News Comments > Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype
12. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 8, 2014, 06:11 Slick

they should work on a VR port of their game for the wiiU, that might be profitable

there's a virtualBoy joke in there somewhere

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jul 7, 2014, 19:17 Slick

the idea that pc gamers pirate any more or less than console kiddies is a fallacy. search piratebay for xbox or ps3.

people will pirate as much as they're able to. that's all consoles have going for them, that the new console shaven't been jailbreaked yet.

and gamers are whiny bitches. anyone who disputes that is living in a fantasy.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 5, 2014, 20:21 Slick

i like littleme's post, but i'd compare them more to cellphones

every cellphone made in the last 5+ years has a camera on it. walking down the street, in the subway, you could literally have 20 people filming you without you ever knowing.

i OWN a phantom 2 vision+, this thing is LOUD. you can't exactly sneak up to someone filming them without their noticing. all this leaves you with is sprawling landscape shots from really high in the air. so basically google earth.

we got over cellphone cameras, we'll get over this. people are just getting their panties in a knot.

also, snagged one of the last Panasonic plasmas before they went extinct, hope it lasts 20 years. the S60's have the lowest latency i've ever seen in a 60" screen, use it regularly as my main computer monitor. if you don't have one yet, get a plasma before they disappear.

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month?
8. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month? Jul 5, 2014, 17:35 Slick

re-read every post in this thread, can't see one poster "slobbering" over anything.

i think it's a consensus that BF4 is due for a "breakthrough" expansion pack, as the ones so far haven't had the "wow" factor going for em.

carrier strike is awesome though, fun to play on PC, hilarious to play on console where NO ONE defends. 32 men unopposed on each enemy's carrier at the end of every match. good fun.

still, naval strike just didn't have that staying power... i think i miss the jets, and it's too easy to just get stranded on a far outpost on these big maps

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month?
5. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month? Jul 5, 2014, 05:36 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 14:38:
The DLC for BF4 has been lacking to say the least, too much focus on China forces and the water maps sucked pretty much like I expected them to. One more DLC pack after Dragon's Teeth and I believe both are being made by EA LA studios and not DICE.

agreed, i honestly enjoy the stock maps better, which was reversed for BF3.

BF4 is just waiting for it's "aftermath". which was also the 4th pack to launch... i hope this dragon's *puts on sunglasses* got teeth.

273 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo