Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 194 (Novice)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis and Crysis 2 MP Support End Next Month
7. Re: Crysis and Crysis 2 MP Support End Next Month Apr 15, 2014, 17:41 Slick

They should make both of these games free on Origin immediately telling games to have a fun last month and a half with these wonderful games.

Crysis 1 MP was amazing, especially with all the modded servers out there... -FREE WEAPONS USA_ was my fav, the admins there were awsome

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Magic 2015óDuels of the Planeswalkers Announced
1. Re: Magic 2015óDuels of the Planeswalkers Announced Apr 10, 2014, 18:59 Slick

where's the playstaion versions?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
40. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 9, 2014, 01:13 Slick

ColBlister wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:33:
The cool thing is that for games you buy on Steam that require Uplay, it doesn't matter which service you launch the game from, it will also launch the other service. Twice the waiting, twice the updates, twice the fun!

the solution to this isn't what people want to hear, but buy the game from their own publisher's service only. i'd buy the next Portal game from Steam, i'd buy Watch_Dogs from Uplay.

people forget that it was Valve telling the 3rd party publisher Vivendi to fuck off which resulted in the famous law suit which Steam was born from. It's ironic that very few developers are confident enough to tell Steam to now fuck off, and ONLY publish their own titles under their own exclusive service. Steam has become the mega-publisher they once fought against.

why should anyone be chastised for selling their own product, in their own store? and not feeling obligated to just give a 3rd party store a cut of everything they make, forever? seems a bit mad.

News Comments > The Crew This Fall
5. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 00:47 Slick

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 20:41:
Microtransactions + dropping you to the title screen when you lose internet connectivity = fuck you fuck you fuck you

sooo let me get this straight, when your internet dies, you cease to be able to play a multiplayer game. check. unless you'd really consider buying something like this for singleplayer, then yeah, that sucks. there are better SP racers out there. i've only ever been interested in the MP. so if my internet dies, then i wouldn't be playing it anyways. if their servers die and i can't play however, that is a TOTALLY different story, and one that would have anyone appalled.

and then they offer shortcut routes for people who want to get quick short-cuts to unlock car parts instead of grinding them. how would that affect anyone progressing normally? unless it's a game-breaking unlock that turns your car into a DeLorean which can just skip backwards in time so they've finished the race before it's begun, i don't see how it would impact my experience playing the game normally. unless my entire premise for playing the game was to be the first to get all the unlocks personally, and my day would be ruined by seeing any other player with said unlocks that isn't me.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 5, 2014, 15:05 Slick

Nice find in BF4! we've been looking for that wiley megalodon since launch

i thought that the jurassic park on the Satalite dish map, or crate you could blow up on the sunken freightliner on Hainan Resort was the big easter-egg that everyone on the map could see, as was aluded to by the devs.. NOPE!

here's the jurassic park one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Z4Eoxgcvs
http://youtu.be/Tt81oq9HA5U

here's the crate one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xUSkTZs-7sA#t=190

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 23:17 Slick

hilarious indeed, but not for the reason you state.

Mtgox get robbed, and people think bitcoin is done for, HA! gee I've never heard of anyone robbing a bank before... remember that one time some crooks made off with some USD? boy, nobody ever tried using US dollars again after that you betcha. I wonder how many years ago it was when anyone tried robbing a crate of gold for the first time? that sure was the last nail in the coffin for that archaic "gold" stuff. i mean people only said that gold had value because it was rare, impossible to duplicate, and there was a finite supply of it... sound familiar?

people aren't seeing the face-slapping truth that if someone's willing to try and steal 750,000 bitcoins, then they're obviously worth taking. if anything it raises the entire profile of bitcoins.

and for the record, bitcoins are so two-thousand and late, there's a myriad of alternalt cryptocurrencies that are traded in the hundreds of billions every day on exchanges around the world.

it's never going to replace fiat currency, that's what penniless hippies and anarchists say when talking about bitcoin, people who have obviously never traded or mined a single satoshi worth (the smallest denomination of a bitcoin 0.00000001 BTC).

either get with it, or get left behind. not like ya didn't have fair warning.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 4, 2014, 21:14 Slick

taking inflation into account, games have been getting cheaper and cheaper. I've been paying around $50 for a "aaa" game for the past 20 years.  

News Comments > LEGO: The Hobbit in April
2. Re: LEGO: The Hobbit in April Feb 26, 2014, 19:09 Slick

jesus, we're just finishing marvel superheros, and i already have the lego movie game queued next... slow down guys!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
73. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 31, 2014, 16:05 Slick

It is really astounding the quality of naysayers here. from "%58 increase is garbage, who cares?" to "this is obviously a giant dumb money-sink for AMD, no other games will support it, it's already a huge fail".

make me lol though, gotta say.

other than that a lot of really well thought-out ideas in this thread, i'm proud of you BN forum. And for the record:

Nvidia with first 3D support = good
AMD with first multi-monitor support = good
Nvidia with G-Sync = good
AMD with great GPGPU support (scrypt mining) = good
Nvidia with Shadowplay = good
AMD with mantle = good

tried of all the fanboy shit, get over yourselves, and enjoy this new latest and greatest advance in technology so we can rub chee-tos all over our bare chests while playing battlefield, us undeserving fucks.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 17:02 Slick

i'd love to see how this thread would play out if instead it was Valve who offered a no questions asked 24 hour refund after buying a game from them.... you know, in the name of science.

origin humble bundle giving away numerous "AAA" games for next to nothing, giving all proceeds to charity.... EVIL

simcity launch botched = free "AAA" quality games for everyone... EVIL

Policy revisal giving people a 24 hour grace period to get a full refund after already "unboxing" and playing their digital games, without question... EVIL

when i think of all of that, the first though that usually enters my head is "geez, these guys are really PISSING on me, i should grow up and take it" LOL

i think that "growing up" should really be a theme here...

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 15:08 Slick

so offering a full no-questions refund in the first 24 hours after you're already playing the game, is a bad thing?

riiiiiiiiiiiiight... some people really have an agenda

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 14:46 Slick

*cough, VPN into korea for 13 hours headstart *cough  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 18:42 Slick

Bucky wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 18:17:
I just snagged BF4 from GMG for $48 and finished preloading. I wasn't willing to pay the full $60 for what is really BF3.5

I'm looking forward to a lot of the balance changes in 4, and I was sold once I saw that they removed the RPG and SMAW's ability to use the laser lock from the open beta (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?)

the rpg lock in the BF4 beta was just an anti-butthurt measure to balance choppers. once we get all of our unlocks, we'll have real counters to chopper rape. But in a controlled test only giving out the first 2 unlocks, gadgets etc per vehicle, soldier etc. the lock-on RPGs just gave people the ability to counter a good chopper team.

not to brag, but on the first day of the beta i was going at least 40-0 routinely with my pilot in comms, until people figured out the rpg trick, it just have been terrible for the people on the ground, that's all i'll say. as a promotional beta, it wouldn't have helped people enjoy and want to purchase the game after being demolished like that

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Launch Trailer
9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Launch Trailer Oct 22, 2013, 15:25 Slick

can't wait for all this CoD profit to finally go into a game deserving of it's enormous popularity. I'm guessing a few years into the next gen when games are no longer cross-platform (current gen to next gen) so they don't have to worry about an engine to work across an 8-year technological gulf, then we'll see a proper CoD game.

Until then, i'll watch from the sidelines hoping they'll get their shit together, they're still making games that look good/play well for 1999, but 2013 is calling, it wants it's promised future back.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
16. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 11:40 Slick

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:05:
So says the company who's chips aren't powering the newest consoles. Coincidence?

nope, the sky is falling.

also, 1 day before the new ATI cards are announced. *cough*

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Offline?
7. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Offline? Sep 24, 2013, 11:38 Slick

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 11:24:
They already said that it's a technical failure.. not a shutdown.

pretty sure the sky is falling

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 20, 2013, 13:17 Slick

i like sais  

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
11. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 20, 2013, 02:16 Slick

the game needs more free content IMO. always-online aside, the game is quite fun for a few weeks, then there's not really much to do after you've already done everything, done full 16 person reasons, done every specialty, pretty much every combo i could think of... I enjoy the game but it needs 2 things IMO:

1) more content
2) a reason to stay zoomed-in to the street level. There's nothing you can do at the street level other than go "oooh, ahhh" at the amazing visuals, but zero strategic value, so you end up playing the game permanently zoomed out, just wanting the cities to be bigger. Fact is they're already big enough that there's tons of stuff going on in your cities, but you never end up appreciating it because you're permanently on macro-view. *cough* simcopter, *cough* streets of simcity

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
31. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 15:05 Slick

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:45:
Releasing the dedicated server executables has little effect on the availability of hacks.

Ok guy, GG, you win. Releasing the server and engine files to the public has no effect on hacks.

LOL

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
28. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 14:25 Slick

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 13:51:
ie not giving all the core data of the engine away to all the hackers in the world?

That helped so much in BF3 after all Rolleyes

Name one AAA MP FPS in the last 20 years which didn't have hackers, name one and i'll eat my shoe. Did you play BF3? I've seen 3 hackers and i've been playing since launch, about 600 hours. Someone 1-shotting you from across the map with an ammo box is a bit of a giveaway. But anything else is legit. People forget about spotting, about mini-maps, about well lots of things when they get pwned and scream "no wayyyyy". I get called a hacker all the time, doesn't mean i'm hacking, just means people are terrible.

I went 20-0 to open this round up here:

http://www.twitch.tv/boomyak/c/2818858

and i was being called a hack left right and center, it's just gamer culture, i wouldn't worry too much about it. The fact that they never released the server files and we didn't have rampant hacking like in BF2 was GREAT for gamers, even though it took away custom map building and server hosting. Tough love, but in our best interest.

as hilarious as cartillery was, i'm glad we've progressed since then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvurNQqMlqA

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2013, 14:35.

194 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo