Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slick

Real Name Slick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2012, 06:20
Total Comments 1198 (Pro)
User ID 57545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Delayed
10. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Aug 19, 2015, 03:23 Slick

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 17:49:
I don't think anybody was surprised by this. Those who were in testing saw some glaring issues and Ubisoft actually made some significant changes, it was clear that balance and gameplay weren't nearly ready for release.

they changed stuff? if "stuff" is code for "everything" then colour me interested

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Delayed
9. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Aug 19, 2015, 03:05 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 18:42:
They missed their window of opportunity, everyone will be playing Call of Duty BO 3 or Star Wars.

Welcome to bargain bin city.

it's okay, star wars is different enough from the standard schlock, and the launch is like 2 weeks after CoD? I think we all know when you reach the 2-week mark of a CoD game you starting looking for other games Rolleyes

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
6. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 17, 2015, 18:20 Slick

3 words: gamecopyworld  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
29. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 17, 2015, 01:22 Slick

jamiedj99 wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 16:51:
Someone needs to penetrate a sever and grab REDkit and release it to the public

now you're talking! the most consumer-friendly PC gaming company on earth... FUCK THOSE GUYS!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
28. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 01:20 Slick

born2expire wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:20:
gotta protect that upcoming DLC

just awful.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Beta Keys?
5. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Beta Keys? Aug 10, 2015, 16:01 Slick

47NKJT2WVZZK

first come first served

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 06:12 Slick

holy shit, i knew stupid people must exist somewhere, but i didn't hink i'd see them posting here. those rants are just mired in ignorance.

it's the oldest trick in the fox news playbook, be deceiptful and generally terrible, then accuse the people on the other side of those same traits. and apparently people are still dumb enough to buy it.

republicans want smaller government, no government interference, but they somehow think that it's government's place to call the shots in the most intimate situations. the irony is so thick you could spread it on toast.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 8, 2015, 06:02 Slick

FINALLY  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced Aug 4, 2015, 19:54 Slick

Brumbek wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:29:
"Built as an homage to the beloved Squad Rush"

Ok.. I admit that made me laugh very hard...
EA, masters of delusion!

I will admit I had a ton of fun playing the Hotwire mode during the free Beta. I put a good 20 hours into the game, very much enjoying riding around in circles listening to crazy tunes. Best Beta experience I've had, I believe. It let me get all the fun out of Hardline without paying anything.

yeah, i feel that. if they kept the beta shorter then maybe more would be playing today. it is genuinely fun, but wasn't nearly as heavy as a numbered BF game, so people thought it wasn't worth the $60.

Oh and no one really plays, hopefully it'll pick up when they have a sale. I've honestly gone back to BF4, that game is really amazing, I still feel that "WTF" feeling as i did back in 1942 when there's jets buzzing me in a dogfight, i'm dodging helis and tanks, just the scale and the epic WTF moments i can't find anywhere else. OK maybe Planetside 2, but that game just feels more clunky and less dynamic in comparison.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 10:26 Slick

i'd like a way to give posts a "thumbs up". i think that thumbs downs are not a good idea, but on other boards it's nice to say "good point, or i agree with you" without having to specifically reply to that post.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2015, 10:17 Slick

really? I usually come off closer to the SJW side of the scale on this forum, but that ban is %100 bullshit.

He wasn't even using his own twitch account, that's what ridiculous. His twitch account was banned because he made a couple off-colour jokes on a completely different channel. the punishment does not fit the crime.

I can understand why GDQ would get him the fuck off the property, it's a charity event, and his performance was just in really bad taste. but it was by no means the most offensive stuff I've seen on twitch. people with 10k+ viewers are making all kinds of lewd jokes 24 hours a day, and people love it, infact it's part of the reason they have so many viewers.

so it's hypocrisy #1, and punishment does not fit the crime #2

also known in the legal realm as: bullshit nonsense

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 00:52 Slick

Tumbler wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 00:43:
So if 40 players is just too much for you then you can play in games with 20 players on special maps. (smaller) They seem to be going in the wrong direction.

10v10 is pretty dense for a small map, how many enemies can you engage when turning a corner and they all have their barrels pointed at you? 2? 8?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 00:42 Slick

wow, next thing you know they'll introduce some kind of "guns" in this game too...

and in other news, water is wet

*ok slightly less cynical, looks like they're implementing time of day changes to the same maps in diff modes, that I can get behind. they're late with night maps for BF4 by half a year, so I figure they're just waiting to roll out the feature in a new game for max impact than a patch in a 2 year old game, makes sense.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 10:48 Slick

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:01:
I will never install Windows 10. Check this out.
Microsoft’s new small print – how your personal data is (ab)used

Why on Earth would anyone install an OS that so blatantly spies on it's users?

I may have gotten this link from someone here on Bluesnews yesterday.

EDIT: I stopped using Windows 10 over 6 months ago because of all the spying and MS promised that all that would be removed by release and the data was only being used to improve Windows 10. I guess that was a steaming pile of bullshit. All the shills were repeating the same PR lines. I hope that this destroys MS. F*&^ them!

yeah, you can turn all of that stuff off in the initial setup. good luck holding out though, I'm sure this whole "horseless carriage" thing is just a fad too.

It's faster and more responsive, more stable and easily the most painless OS install I've ever done. First time I've done the upgrade instead of total format reinstall, and it's flawless. On my laptop it even found drivers for things which I long gave up ever having supported, as they never worked in win7 or win 8, like half my media keys, and gestures on the mousepad. they all just work out of the box. brilliant.

On my music studio PC my DJ application Traktor runs with less ram, and less of a CPU overhead than before, resulting is less popping or static at low latencies, and better overall system stability which is a godsend for live audio computing, so far it feels as stable as a mac.

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
20. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 20:43 Slick

By the looks of the reveal this game is designed for consoles, not PC. That's all you need to understand how "fast" this game will play.

If you design a game to be used with a controller, then that gets rid of sub-500ms TTK encounters entirely. let alone designing multiplayer, if people got fragged as fast as they do in a real PC FPS, then playing with a controller would be maddeningly frustrating.

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
13. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 17:22 Slick

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 15:13:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 14:01:
I decent, COOP is far more important than single player alone.

Lmao, this is id. It's not like they are a bastion of single player greatness. I'll just go ahead and puke now before someone tries to pretend id is a great story teller. Puke Hahaha_no

Decent? Dissent?

i think he's referring to Descent, a much better SP game than anyone from ID has ever put together

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Universal Jul 26, 2015, 17:15 Slick

localhost rofl!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10ish
4. Re: Steam Top 10ish Jul 26, 2015, 17:11 Slick

there's a livestream from the PS4 twitch right now with a team who's competing in the ESL tournament, it's so fucking crazy how good these guys are. all they do is "head butt" the ball, and are essentially just flying through the air at all times. the ball rarely hits the ground, it's unreal. and they all play their positions...

so impressed to see this level of play from a game that's a month old. i have alot of fun playing it, but my skill level doesn't even register with what i'm seeing these pros pull off consistently.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
44. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 20, 2015, 08:42 Slick

you're kidding right? you know how much 10 GB of data to upload costs on a commercial scale? tenths of a cent. you think that this cost is higher than going from 33% profit, to 3% profit? you think that steam's storefront is worth 90 percent of your profits?

something tells me you weren't good at math in school

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
42. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 20, 2015, 05:33 Slick

killer_roach wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:07:
EA seems to still be fighting with Steam over the fact that they don't want to pay Valve 30% of DLC sold on Steam, that they feel that it's their software selling the DLC and not the service. Don't see that being a winning strategy, but they're free to be stubborn.

not having to pay a competitor %30 of gross... (much higher than %30 of profits), you don't see that as a winning strategy?

So if it cost you $10 to develop a game, and your sales are $15, then you have a %33 profit margin. If you put it on steam, it goes from %33 to %3 profits. Or from $5 to 45 cents. I'd say that's a good enough reason to sell your own damn games.

Unless you really really like the idea of handing the lion's share of all your hard work to your biggest competitor Rolleyes

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2015, 05:40.

1198 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo