Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for i don't know

Real Name i don't know   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname christheshitter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2012, 21:45
Total Comments 42 (Suspect)
User ID 57524

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies - Shadows of Evil Revealed
10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies - Shadows of Evil Revealed Jul 10, 2015, 07:06 christheshitter

Didn't know Edward James Olmos from Battlestar Galactica was a knife wielder.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
37. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 11:52 christheshitter

Such a letdown! I can't believe that every here are excited about it! You are either under seventeen to look forward to this or have never played a classic Doom game, let alone Heretic, Hexen and other similar old school fps-games. It's yet another shitty console port game. All that bling bling and id Tech 6 engine still can't handle the hordes of enemies as the classic Doom games could. They seemed to lend a great deal from Croteam and their Serious Sam games especially the repeatedly melee-moves. They should just rehire John Romero again!  

News Comments > GOG.com Adds Freebies
3. Re: GOG.com Adds Freebies May 22, 2015, 10:00 christheshitter

Yea it's not even worth a news line.  

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
36. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 16:59 christheshitter

Simon Says wrote on May 19, 2015, 10:13:
Amd drivers being "horrible" was true 10'ish years ago, but its now an argumentum ad populum and ad antiquitatem. I've had a HD5850 for the past 5 years now, I used many different driver versions, not a single hitch. Same for the previous 9600 pro years ago just before I got a Nvidia 9600GT for a few years before switching to HD5850. Same for many people I know who use Amd cards.

In fact, I still get called in my spare time to fix PCs even tho I left my old job as a full time technician, I saw no noticeable difference in issues with the different vendors.

My uncle who still works as one and gets to see and fix hundreds if not thousands of PCs a year tells me that there is no noticeable difference either in the number and seriousness of issues with Nvidia and Amd drivers. So do many other technicians I know.

Internet's old history, our memories and the appeal to the masses logical fallacies says one thing, reality tells quite another story tho.

Without a singel hitch? Are you kidding me? Just go and view some 60fps youtube videos at 1080p and you will get a stutterfest!

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
53. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 20:00 christheshitter

NewMaxx wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:33:
peteham wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:21:
True about the monster closets, but then, the world had moved on and already given us Half-Life by the time Doom 3 came out. I don't think it was unfair to expect more.

The irony being, of course, that now people are paying for kickstarters, remakes, and clones with old school mechanics. Timing is everything, as they say, and Doom 3 was the wrong game in the wrong place (to twist a HL2 quote). I remember I worked for ATI back then (or soon after, really) and was happily mocking Carmack and boosting HL2 because the Source engine and the HL2 game was just the right game in the right place.

Before ATI went apeshit after the AMD buyout. I hate my HD 6850! Also owned a Rage Pro 8mb but i remember it rather deaccellerated Half Life under Direct3d than accellerate it. It got owned by my 3dfx Voodoo 2 12mb card thanks to Glide. I remember the ATI Rage Fury Maxx, an awesome card for it's time. That's where you got your name from i guess?

And Doom 3 was really shit! Vanishing monsters, no splatter sounds and absent corpses did really *ucked it up amongs many other things. As a general FPS-shooter it was OKAY but far far from the magic that was Doom 1 and 2. ID Software lost it there completely! I would say they went downhill from thereupon.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2015, 20:09.

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
18. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 28, 2015, 17:37 christheshitter

Fletch wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 17:43:
I still play Doom and DoomII about once a year. Try to keep it as vanilla as possible (no look up and down, no jumping, etc.) for that old Doom experience I remember. Still as fun as it was in the old days. I fuckin' love Doom.

Never tried Doom Retro, but I'm digging it so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you couldn't strafe nor use the mouse either?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
35. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 13:50 christheshitter

Haha you guys backing it up are so getting f*cked over!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 12:59 christheshitter

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:15:
The Steam pre-order bonus for GTAV is absolutely worthless. Why would I want a money cheat as my pre-order bonus? Should have included some actual content or cosmetic items.

Cosmetic items haha you're funny!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2015, 03:49 christheshitter

Jivaro wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 23:38:
christheshitter wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 22:44:
Paying $35 monthly for 100/100Mbps connection here in Sweden. I feel sorry for you guys over there!

Stofa? Is it still the awesomesauce?

Mmh.. Stofa seems to be based in Denmark so we don't have them here.

And there's quite plenty here who get subsidized fiber connections. Taking an example some choose to lock in themselves to a singel fiber provider for a five year plan. Then they can pay $16 for 1000/1000Mbps. Some pay nothing and instead it's baked in the rent.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2015, 22:44 christheshitter

Paying $35 monthly for 100/100Mbps connection here in Sweden. I feel sorry for you guys over there!  

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
17. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 13:25 christheshitter

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:06:
Never, EVER spend a nickel on anything made by Creative. They engage in monopolist activities by buying up, suing, licensing, and doing whatever they can to anybody who tries to get in on the PC audio market. I can't express enough that giving them even a dollar is hurting the entire audio market for the PC gamer. I regularly mod drivers for people, opening up all the crap Creative forces companies like Realtek to disable, and I'm well aware of Creative's negative business practices even outside of that. Trust me when I say they will stop at nothing to corner the market and it has pretty much destroyed any real innovation, and they even sell software solutions using 2000-era tech for $50+ (xtreme audio being a recent example). Even their good stuff is overpriced, there's nothing redeemable here.

Although i already knew it thanks for letting us know. I spit at them!

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
24. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Jan 1, 2015, 20:23 christheshitter

Jackplug wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 07:15:
Who in their right mind would wanna hack into origin, they would only find outdated accounts that haven't been used since they've been opened.

Really? Origin has been gifted a great deal of free trippe AAA games lately. I have no problem with the client. Then the Origin support from what i've heard is much better to Steams almost non existent support.

Stop living in the past!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
38. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 16, 2014, 20:20 christheshitter

Earlyworm wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 07:16:
Ha, typical Sweden

Lived there for a few years, what a joke of a country.

What's your problem with Sweden? Yea we mostly have nutpicks here but please don't judge us all.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10
13. No subject Nov 4, 2014, 14:32 christheshitter

Really Volition! I am still waiting for my Freespace 3!  

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
21. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 18:55 christheshitter

Just matter of time before Crytek will go bonkers anytime soon now.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
6. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 11:12 christheshitter

ldonyo wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:03:
50GB of disk space?!? If your ISP employs a data cap you'd better plan well in advance for the download. I realize the download won't be 50GB, but it won't be less than 30GB.

Lucky i don't live in the US.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
34. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 15:41 christheshitter

Is this even a game or is it just a tech demo? Looks like the latter.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
76. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Oct 1, 2014, 15:37 christheshitter

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 22:46:
Sorry, but Lotro still owns this game....

They are not even the same type of game. Beside there's a lot of bullshit stories in lotro.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
12. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 13:07 christheshitter

Sempai wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:56:
It's long overdue.

Iíve been a Steam customer for 8+ years. Like most, iím fully vested into this ecosystem, and for the most part itís been a good one. But as of late Itís become more apparent to me as the industry pushes toward this new and wondrous digital age, it feels as though my rights as a customer are grey at best, and as a customer who logs into his digital games portal/service, it seems these services hold all the keys to the gate. Example.

I purchased Watch Dogs Digital Deluxe at full retail from Steam. While a friend torrented his copy. He was playing the game 3 days before retail hit, as i waited, and listening to him review it as we spoke in vent for the next few days.

The game had serious issues out of the gate. My high end rig was brought to itís knees with the micro stutter fiasco, along with the black screen issues. And though i clearly purchased my game from Steam, being forced to log into Uplay(Iím looking at you Gabe..) was sketchy at best the first week due to Uplay's overloaded servers. While my friend wasnít burdened with any of this, enjoying his pirated copy.

I became so utterly frustrated, I opened a ticket, and requested a refund from Valve. Iíve never once asked for a refund in my 8 years of buying PC games from Steam. Not even the time i purchased Colonial Marines and itís season pass.. Yes, i could, and should wait for reviews, and at times i do, but as a gamer and enthusiast, i still get excited for new games, and i want to support that. So partly my fault, i get it. Hereís the kicker.

Steam is the largest online distributor of games software in the US(world?), and the only option iím given is to open an email and wait for an average turnaround of 3-7 days(my experience) And the quality of the support is, letís say..less than stellar. I can call Origin right now and get a real person. I can also call Uplay and get a real human, same with Xbox Live and PSN. I can live chat or skype with a support person on some 3rd rate Russian cdkey site..But Steam? Nope. Email only.

I received a response 4 days later, the person wouldn't acknowledge my request at all, but cut/paste Ubisofts support site for me to turn to. Hmm, ..I purchased Watch Dogs from you, Steam, not Ubisoft. Yup, it clearly says Valve Corp for $69.99 on my Paypal statement. If i walk into a Target store and buy a pair of Nikes that turn out to be defective, does Target give me a link to go to Nike for support? Iím fairly certain they would hear my issue, and take care of me, offer a refund, or least of all a store credit.

Why, as gamers have we come to accept the ďYou buy it, itís yours no matter how terrible the product turns out to beĒ mentality, and given all our rights away? Iím not looking for something for nothing, i truly want this refund out of principal. At this point I delete the game from my steam list, and request a refund one last time, explaining my situation, my frustration, and why i feel justified in this case, or i would be forced to contact Paypal, and ask them to do it. I waited 3 days for a response. Called Paypal, and they found my reason to be valid, and found in favor my case, and essentially reversed the charge, and gave me my money back from Valve Corp.

Not 2 hours go by and i receive a popup from Steam, informing me my account has now been disabled. I would no longer be able to make purchases, gifts, key activation, or frequent forums etc. Basically banning my account, until i chose to reverse it back. I found it amazing how quickly their response was in shutting me down, with no real explanation to boot. They also informed me my Paypal account was now banned permanently. At this time, iím still waiting for a response for my refund request from Valve. I've not heard back from them in weeks. I even took to write Gaben himself, twice, with no response yet, of course.

So, whoís property is it in the end? Mine, or Steams? From where i sit, it clearly feels as if Valve, Origin, Uplay, Live, PSN, and all these online services, in the end, own my digital rights and all that goes with them. And though we all understand return policies on games have been abused in the past, why have we given ALL our rights away? There should be exceptions to the rule, and there should be some protection for the customer.

Please do a follow up when you finally recieve the letter.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
29. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 27, 2014, 15:29 christheshitter

Sepharo wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 22:04:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 13:50:
Seventyfive wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 12:48:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:54:
What happened to the guy proclaiming it was the best game evar?

That was me. I still think it's one of the best shooters ever but it's unfortunately attached the worst matchmaking systems ever and a non-existent server browser. I think the only hope now for a decent shooter will be the new UT considering BF4 was garbage, BFH beta was garbage, and the new COD is just Crysis of Duty.

I was actual thinking of someone else, but now I gotta double check them...

edit: Nope, not you. This other poster was crowing to the high heavens about it...

I haven't been crowing to the high heavens about it. And I don't think it's the best game ever. But I do think in terms of gameplay it's the best MP FPS presently. I wish it had dedicated servers so I could join a community and get to know who I'm playing with though.

You haven't been a long time player i see. You are the typical Xbox generation.

42 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo