Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kuba

Real Name Kuba   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Qbex .
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Steam : QbeX
PNS : Korniki_dwa
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983263699/
Signed On Aug 8, 2012, 11:11
Total Comments 91 (Suspect)
User ID 57520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
19. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:53 Qbex .

I'm glad its back, had zero interest in that game before but after reading some silly pieces from hypocritical as fuck "gaming" press I up voted it. I like the choice of consumed mediums, ESRB will rate it, steam put up for sale and no one is forcing anyone to play or even look at it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 07:25 Qbex .

Trailer is hilarious, more suited to some kind of shmup game than ED.
Anyways, just fired up gamma to check it out, it is as awesome as ever, jumped to couple of stations, have not seen a single soul. No patience to remap new keys, will happily wait for full release, plus maybe one or two patches. See you in space cowboy
Cmd. Spike Spiegel

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 05:30 Qbex .

InBlack wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 02:18:
Tom wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:54:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 16:52:
Was hoping Elite would be Skyrim in space. Alas not to be.
Oh yeah. The same 3 voice actors reused for hundreds of utterly soulless NPCs, again. I really wanted that for Elite too. But take heart. I'm sure with Star Citizen's endless cash supply, Chairman Roberts will find a way to make it happen for his game.

Well I caved and preordered Elite yesterday. Cant play the main game yet, only the tutorial 'training' demos. Even if it turns out to be Eutrotruck in space I think Ill have fun with it.

Anyone playing this with TrackIR how do you navigate through the menus once you get them up, the arrow keys dont really work and the mouse appears to be disabled?

For TrackIr I've got menu movement binded to one of my hotas POV nob. Works brilliantly, with x55 and its gazzillion of buttons I truly don't have to use anything else then hotas, even galaxy map works fine. Take ages to set up first time thou
Btw there are special TrackIr profile for better Elite left-right menu glances, search in elite forums for specifics.

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
31. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 19:09 Qbex .

I hope it's not a new Bards Tale, second one was a commercial and critical flop, no one I know clamor them for another one, Arcanum on the other hand ...  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2014, 04:26 Qbex .

This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.
There are ways to limit fps on driver levels since forever, last thing I need is "gaming press" shill justifies console focused engine crippling on PC. Hey, how about flipping reduce details if your PC can't render fast enough? Again that option is there since before Doom.
I like to play on 100Hz+ and even 60 feels bad and sub-par now for me. I stopped buying games that hard locks fps and I look horrified at recent development in toy-land and its 1080p/60 struggles.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
188. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 03:11 Qbex .

That's super disappointing, I was one of biggest fans of this, jumped on Alpha costing me +300$ and being based in Australia I had HUGE problems with disconnections and lags effectively putting me out of alpha/beta up to this point. I was hoping for smooth SP play on launch but now I'm gutted. I love mechanics and most of game but its p2p netcode is inane in my opinion. I give them benefit of a doubt and see is its smooth at lunch if not I'm asking for refund. This is a rotten piece of news  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 09:17 Qbex .

Awesome, about time we getting games that shine on high end pc's, bring it on Allthumbsup  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 22:23 Qbex .

I've only played hour or so of DLC "crew expendable" yesterday evening, so I can't speak about rest of the game but look and feel of the game is amazing. It's fantastic, immersive and surreal to walk on board of Nostromo. That alone was worth it for Alien nerd like me. The only issues I have are some of Xenomorph walking animation (not all thou as some looks awesome), its quite jarring sometimes, I know it suppose to feel alien and stuff but its just not quite there yet, I can feel patch incoming. I highly recommend playing it in right environment - in dark and with headphones on but that's rather obvious for any horror game.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2014, 22:35.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
40. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 20, 2014, 20:21 Qbex .

I love it, been playing 8h straight yesterday, up to the late night - can't remember last time that happened with a game
Never played first wasteland, I missed that title for some reason but fallout 1 - I was obsessed with and it's still my favored game of all times. Wasteland 2 feels like fallout 3/ van buren that never got made.
It has some niggles sure, mainly tactical combat lacking a bit but still decent (scoring crit hit and ripping opponent to bits is almost as good as "bloody mess" and made me smile every time), camera can be awkward sometimes, and still some bugs pops up but no show stoppers so far and easily overlooked.
Overall game is fantastic. It's rich in content, oozes in flavored writing that I loved so much in fallouts 1&2 that want me to read item descriptions.
Its challenging but not unfair. Like in old style party based crpgs you have to choose your team wisely to cover all situations game puts you in but you can solve problems in many ways and some of them are super satisfying. For me DoS is on back burner as rest of the lot until I finish W2, its that good

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2014, 20:26.

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
13. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 13, 2014, 11:17 Qbex .

There is no tax, most of those greedy fucks doesn't pay a tax-cent off digital sales for Aussies. That's why I decided to not support any publisher that inflates prices down under, I'm buying more indie games, only fair priced AAA ones, buy physical copies from Amazon US and "demo" pirate all those 90$+ games just in spite, most of those turns out to be shit anyways so no loss. One that pains me is Civ Beyond Earth - costs 89.99 USD what translate to 100 AUD - that's just INSANE. I'll wait year or two to buy it when it hits bargain bin.  

News Comments > SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3
1. Re: SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3 Sep 11, 2014, 10:06 Qbex .

That's what making free to play shite gets you. Yet they're all trying and burning in the process.
Should they make Gt Legends 2 instead I would be first to buy it for full price, now - next step IOS games

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
1. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 10:27 Qbex .

I'd like them to answer to consumer watchdog why the fuck they charge 89.99$ USD for Civ Beyond Earth among many other titles sold on Steam Au. I largely forgo pirating games but thing like that wants me to do it just in spite  

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
10. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 11:11 Qbex .

15 hours is cool by me. I always take longer to finish games then the next guy, like to explore every inch of a level, also I fully expect to sit in a fucking closet for hours on end, afraid to go out and get eaten O:rift is going to be fricking majestic with this game.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
75. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 11, 2014, 06:17 Qbex .

NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 16:24:
Quinn wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:21:
NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:01:
How do people fall for that?

It's called stupidity. Plain old stupidity. Sad but true.

What a stupid comment.

Ppl buy it first because they don't want to wait a year. People buy it again because they can finally play it on their favorite platform. It doesnt take that much effort to understand.

People here are always so quick to rag on excessive DLC , exclusive preorder bonuses and other questionable practices. But apparently have no problem supporting Rock stars double dipping.

WTF you on about, I've never played that, I loathe consoles so I was waiting for GTA v to be launched on PC, what's your point exactly?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 10:57 Qbex .

Yes! insta-buy for its glorious 100fps and 1440p on one and only real next gen platform - PC  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 6, 2014, 02:14 Qbex .

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 20:30:
re. Mad Catz® Reports Fiscal 2014
That should turn around rather quickly, with games like Star Citizen and Elite those new joysticks are flying off the shelves.
Their new X-55 is a big hit, pretty much sold out everywhere as soon as anyone got stock. Including EU distributors.

My thought exactly, I've managed to snatch one x55 from amazon just before they sold out in one day.
Quality Pc peripherals are on the rise, you've heard it here first !
O:Rift readiness 100% - x55, g27 and Orb Weaver

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
2. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 11:44 Qbex .

But, is it any fun to play ?
Anyone plays this? How's this different than countless failed xcom clones before it?

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
14. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 11:31 Qbex .

InBlack wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:16:
Hang on, did he just say that my 760GTX with 4GB of VRAM is inadequate to run this game??

Only when you crank up settings to Ultra, just dial it down and enjoy
I've seen WD process use 4.3 -4.5 Gb VideoRam on GTX Titan with most settings maxed, 1440p and temporal smaa.
BTW also turning on hypherthreading reduces spikes and choppines.
Finally a game that uses more then 4 cores and heaps of memory, right fucking time I'd say

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 11:21 Qbex .

I've sinked in ED more time then most games in past 12 months, having a blast with it and consider buying into alpha good value. Game will be 50-60$ at launch so no point faffing about, if it's too much now just wait for release and be glad this is a proper alpha/beta process, they keep changing game based on testers input and that means better game at launch. So what's the problem?
Btw, hows that X55 Spectral? I was going to get it for ED as well but it's still out of stock down under. I even considered getting TM Warthog but it's on a pricey side

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. May 30, 2014, 05:16 Qbex .

I'm waiting for sale of Democracy 3, couldn't care less about D2 (mediocre game by itself judging by the reviews), sorry. Its a niche game, and its core fan base already own it long time. He's drawing a false conclusions from this exercise i think. If he want's to attract millions of "dablers" like me, he has to do sale 75% and do it during big sale event like summer sale. Market has changed, competition is stiff now, interesting indie, niche games popping out almost every day, time to adapt or be drowned in wave of other small games.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2014, 05:26.

91 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo