Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kuba

Real Name Kuba   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Qbex .
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Steam : QbeX
PNS : Korniki_dwa
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983263699/
Signed On Aug 8, 2012, 11:11
Total Comments 62 (Suspect)
User ID 57520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
8. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 11:16 Qbex .

oh boy do I just feel stupid for dumping 260$ for alpha 5 days ago and now beta is at half that
Still love the game so far, for what it is atmo I'm having a blast, game looks, sounds and plays awesome. I'm stoked they kickstarted that game, shaping up to be my gaming highlight of 2014.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Editor Detailed
3. Re: Age of Wonders III Editor Detailed Apr 5, 2014, 12:37 Qbex .

looks good, shame its currently borked for resolutions 1440p and above, hope they fix in next patch  

News Comments > Amazon Hires Hocking & Swift
4. Re: Amazon Hires Hocking & Swift Apr 3, 2014, 02:45 Qbex .

I've got huge respect to Clint Hocking but I hope he's not wasting his talent on some locked-down, set-top box exclusive distraction of a game for Amazon. Btw. there is a great interview with him on "Tone Control" podcast no4, good stuff.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
56. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 08:43 Qbex .

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 08:28:
Eh, more interested in Enemy Starfighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_U2MdCdaR4

Looks gorgeous and the design plan sounds a lot more feasible than Star Citizen's kitchen sink approach.

Seconded, looks awesome, I'm getting strong x-wing vibe from that one. Also, I truly believe stylized graphics is the way to go if you're on a budget. 8 bit style craphics I'm feed up with, its not the eighties anymore, but this, minimalistic and stylish approach is super cool.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
55. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 08:37 Qbex .

deqer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 00:36:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 00:16:
The earth's landscape isn't handmade.
Actually, it is. God hand-crafted Earth. But a feeble human brain cannot comprehend that; cannot comprehend that of the mind (and power) of a God, thus you are only capable (and probably selfishly desiring to) believing that it is randomly generated.

God built this planet out of his love for us. It's all "the art of God", every inch of it.

obvious troll is obvious
next

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
22. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:03 Qbex .

I'm gutted, my hope for affordable and open VR headset to play Elite:D is gone. I'm not supporting this and I doubt O:R it will succeed as a gaming device now. Theirs momentum was fueled by developers, modders and early supporters but now its the money that talks. I expect standard business model for this - high return of investment, ads, big companies deals etc. EPIC disappointment  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Mar 23, 2014, 05:43 Qbex .

That looks super interesting, loved DoD, fingers crossed they implement all those ambitious systems  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 21, 2014, 23:59 Qbex .

Yey! my fav shooter series continues. Intriguing setting, but verticality in games is really hard to pull off, I'm talking about 100m high bumps that's disguised as a mountains in games, including hilarious slope running and all that jazz. But hope that one is good, and more in FC2 immersion style. Fingers crossed.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2014, 11:49 Qbex .

Intel native 8 core, ddr4 , unlocked , overclock friendly IHS - all that-yes, please, that's my next platform upgrade, bring it on
On the flipside Intel without competition on high end, I expect bonkers prices for those chips.

News Comments > Next CoD Sledgehammer's "Most Ambitious, Most Creative" Game
5. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 11:38 Qbex .

"...Call of Duty series represents a pinnacle of innovation..." - definition of oxymoron right there. LOL that's a good one, I got a good giggle from that, shame he did not elaborate, I reckon by innovation he means its just like a movie, you only have to press one button and watch the rest of "awesome" unfold while you keep your mouth open. Ehm , no thanks  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
13. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 20, 2014, 20:42 Qbex .

Holidays 2015 - what a downer, by that time everyone and their dog will support Linux (epic,crytek,unity,source), its too little to late as always with MS. Also where's my Direct Sound ?
Their only hope to turn this trend is to launch Windows 9, that's super awesome, cheap, power user friendly, with fully optional "metro", not "walled garden" and all this by end of this year - but we all know that's not going to happen.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 18, 2014, 11:44 Qbex .

So True Audio - what a let down, unnatural, overpowering reverb . State of pc audio is so bad at this point that's not even funny. In the nineties I had better quality spatial sound and 3d sound effects on a3d Vortex card than today - FIFTEEN years later on "dedicated" DSP build on magnitude better processes and technology. Do peps really don't care for quality sound these days ? Flippin low bitrate mp3's, iphone earbuds, crappy beat's, software sound stacks and all that.  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support
1. Re: New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support Mar 18, 2014, 11:37 Qbex .

-edit , wrong thread

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 11:45.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 02:11 Qbex .

I'll definitely wait for fellow crpg gamers review of this, still hope this will be good, looks shiny that's for sure, hope there is some substance to it as well. About time BW redeem themselves after disgusting DA2  

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
35. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:48 Qbex .

Yeah right, talk is cheep, MS is desperate for relevance - loosing on all fronts even staple pc boxes and pc gaming treated like shit for years are now endangered by MacOs, SteamOS and ChromeOS. And as usual MS will chuck billlllionz of greens at wrong department - PR instead of R&D. I believe it when I see real world performance gains and return of Power User UI focus in next Windows, otherwise I'm staying on W7 and StreamOs ready partition on my SSD  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
111. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 06:36 Qbex .

Sneaky Bastards review says it all, all my whining seamed to be spot on, such a shame. As said before they should call it "Rogue Creed" and call it a day, they would get low eightys in reviews with no problems without ridiculing itself in comparison to cult classics, now SquareE deserve every bit of shitstorm that's coming their way from internetz. I was to check it out just for TrueAudio thingy but since its a no show I'll just skip that completely and replay modded T.Gold (thanks to that mod list flying around).  

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha
15. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha Feb 6, 2014, 08:33 Qbex .

Same here, couldn't care less about multiplayer, but you can opt out, play offline or on closed server so this should be no issue. I love the chunky, retro, realistic sci-fi they going for. That and all the mathematical/ procedural galaxy generation makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Full version should launch about the same time as Oculus Rift, just saying ....  

News Comments > Heat Signature Revealed
3. Re: Heat Signature Revealed Feb 3, 2014, 21:58 Qbex .

Guy's good writer, hilarious and make awesome sneaky/punchy games, it's a sale!  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta
6. Re: Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta Jan 20, 2014, 23:53 Qbex .

Don't want to sound like asshat but maybe you should upgrade ?
It takes 40 sec on fast cpu/ssd/16gb ram to process turn mid game, epic campaign, including two diplomacy popups (enemy movement shown:off). Lets be realistic, its a very resource heavy, strategy game from 2013, and runs as expected.

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
64. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 20, 2014, 02:47 Qbex .

Jerykk sorry dude, don't want to gang-up on you but your definition of emergent mechanic in game is not entirely correct. One would argue that all player in-game actions are an effect of planned range within game systems and simulation. Other would argue that none of those actions were foreseen by game designers in simulation type of game. Main problem with your Tribes example is that's Tribes is a multiplayer game and its a human vs human interaction in that game that's uses exploit or emergent by your definition. Do you have any other examples of emergent gameplay like this in single player game?
I'll give you example, in Thief I can shoot a broadhead arrow near a guard to distract him, is this planned or not planned by designers ? They given you noisemakers for that but i can even distract the guard by dumping blackjacked dude to the pond near by for the same effect, is this all planned by designers? This is emergent gameplay for me, creative use of rules and tools within simulation game like Thief. LGS at the time was a medium size developer with employees filling in as a voice actors etc. I really doubt they Q&A and design team planned all player interactions within those games (t1,t2,ss).
Going back to other bits, I sure hope for T4 to be a decent game, even if its a different take it still might be good (like DE:HR was) but somehow I don't have much to go for after all T4 PR blurbs. I hope you're right about that one, I'm wrong and soon I'll have another good stealth game on my hands...

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2014, 03:08.

62 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo