Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Andrew Stich

Real Name Kevin Andrew Stich   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steazy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm supa old school, but BluesNews doesn't recognize my attbi.com as a valid ISP anymore
Homepage http://www.wikidtab.com
Signed On Jul 19, 2012, 15:24
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 57499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Mojang Suggests Password Change
3. Re: Mojang Suggests Password Change Apr 9, 2014, 12:26 Steazy

Yea that seems like a pretty silly comment given the recent events with Apple's SSL code...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 1, 2014, 23:55 Steazy

But... OKCupid's page is still full of hate-mongering JavaScript, HIPPO CRATES!

In all seriousness though, the ads that mister Eich's money paid for in support of Prop 8 were disgustingly insensitive, inaccurate, misleading, and downright manipulative.

Uhhh, I need to go take a shower after finding just a few of those... assume I had linked all the words for emphasis as I had intended. Though there's an extremely poignant, almost hilarious given this news, moment here that I guess shows that some of those ideas were accurate

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 22, 2014, 02:35 Steazy

As far as gimmicks go, VR is at least as good as the Kinect

I suspect Project Morpheus had a lot to do with this... statement?

I agree that it probably couldn't run cutting edge PC stuff with acceptable VR performance, right now at least, but even XBOX OG level graphics are pretty sweet at 1080p and that should be pretty feasible. I was really surprised at how much devs were able to squeeze out of the last gen hardware, there's a lot to be said for a fixed platforms when it comes to game optimization. I expect that with VR stuff it will be especially advantageous to be closer to the metal. As far as I know lower latency is more important than super high framerates for VR (though low frame times are definitely helpful for reducing latency) and having less OS to deal with should be helpful for that (OMG SteamOS Dizzy ).

Or maybe I'm wrong, and it'll be a total shitshow, but then atleast everyone will see how superior the PC is

I'll just add that I think the Kinect is a useful tool for VR, it's certainly not as good as a STEM, but for many applications it's a "good enough" substitute and far cheaper. Plus building a user base for VR tech can only be a good thing.

News Comments > GUNS and ROBOTS Open Beta Begins
1. Re: GUNS and ROBOTS Open Beta Begins Jan 24, 2013, 11:15 Steazy

Not to be confused with shoot many robots...  

News Comments > DmC Devil May Cry for PCs Next Month
24. Re: DmC Devil May Cry for PCs Next Month Dec 14, 2012, 20:47 Steazy

Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 17:59:
Shineyguy wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 15:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 14:07:
Domgrief wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 11:03:
And I never understood the draw of giving subsequent games in a franchise stupid and non-sequential names.

I don't care if they're "reboots" - it really isn't that hard to accept that Doom 3 was a re-imagining of Doom 1.

You mean like Star Wars: Dark Forces 4 Jedi Knight 3 Jedi Academy?

This has to be the best break down of the naming of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy games I've ever seen.

I wish they'd release a newer Jedi Knight game along the same lines as Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight. Far and away the best of the series IMO.

Actually, I thought it was Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy? Or is it a non-issue after the second colon?

I loved Outcast, played it to death. Jedi Academy? Not so much... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

Was about to post the same thing, me and a buddy got in an argument about this a few months ago. I could have sworn it was 4:3:2:1 but he insisted that Jedi Academy was a sequel to Jedi Knight and not Jedi Outcast... though it was definitely on the Jedi Outcast (ie: Quake 3) engine.

Ditto on the not playing jedi academy too much... all the pieces were great, I loved outcast and the general gameplay... but something about academy just didn't do it for me :/

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 31, 2012, 20:30 Steazy

I find it pretty disgusting that this is just now getting put into place. I had naively assumed this had been in place since, well, the first cell phone was sold. Makes sense though, carriers make a lot of money from people paying off-contract rates to replace stolen phones, and also make money from providing service to the stolen phones.

If anyone still thought capitalism was good for society... I see this has AT&T, Verizon, et. al. having stolen millions of dollars from their customers for years and now begrudgingly complying with an extremely reasonable request after ignoring it for years. Fuck those assholes.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 20:03 Steazy

I am too... but... it's pretty hard to enjoy these days since cheating is so prevalent (or I suck too bad I suppose, though I don't have the same troubles with other FPSs).

I'm filing this under "Too Little", subcategory... "Too Late".

News Comments > Hawken Oculus Rift Support
4. Re: Hawken Oculus Rift Support Aug 27, 2012, 16:32 Steazy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 16:01:
The free-2-play model is just such bullshit, all these developers give lip service to the games not being pay-2-win but in the end it's either grind, grind, grind or pay up!

Yea it really sucks how developers all want to make a living wage and shit, fuck those guys! Make me some games bitch! I don't care if you could make ten times as much money with your skill set doing something else! LIVE IN POVERTY LIKE A MAN!

News Comments > Project Giana Kickstater/Demo
3. Re: Project Giana Kickstater/Demo Aug 24, 2012, 20:07 Steazy

I used to be big into Kickstating when I was younger. Fuck states.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 Steazy

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 12:16:
Planetside 1 had a lot of issues that people tend to forget, the shooting mechanics were godawful for example. Planetside 2 is looking a lot more competent, I will know for sure when they flag my damned account for beta. I never should have attached that key to a new account/email, they let in PS1 vets first and I used a different address way back then.

Same here, it is what it is though

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 17:03 Steazy

I was super skeptical but broke down an pre-ordered to play the beta.

It's pretty good, surprisingly good, considering there's basically nothing new. For $15 I think it's a pretty good deal.

I like the way they implemented the bots, if you die early in a round you can take over for any of the bots immediately... *almost* like a new game mode

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
1. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 11:16 Steazy

No comment?  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 19:27 Steazy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:18:
TheEmissary wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:28:
Cool trailer, but the graphics engine itself is just okay, IMO. That being said, it's good enough (and has to handle a far draw distance), and so it will all come down to the gameplay.

One thing that concerns me is that there's no endgame, so I'm wondering if anyone in the beta can comment how the missions and gameplay work. It's not like Tribes or BF3 where there are missions with goals that end, and you restart. It just goes on forever.

Planetside is a sandbox shooter it doesn't need an endgame. If you watched the E3 streams and the Total Biscuit stuff you would know they have other continents. Any one can jump in and enjoy the game and battles will rage on for hours compared to the 10-30 minute ones on typical shooters.

PvE isn't the point of this game at all.

Right, but that's kind of my point. Imagine WoW for example, without PvE. Would people be attracted to that if they could just kill other people and capture castles or something? I'd think folks might get bored quickly, so I'm wondering what's the long term hook? Weapon unlocks? Achievements?
Gameplay

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours Jul 19, 2012, 11:30 Steazy

Randy Pitchford, please don't fuck this one up! Think of the children!

Seriously though, I wantz...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer Jul 19, 2012, 11:27 Steazy

I'd say, based only on the companies I've worked at, that he's right on the money. To be fair, that's probably not the case everywhere.  

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo