Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flak

Real Name Flak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://web.archive.org/web/20020529005241/http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Signed On Jun 27, 2012, 11:21
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 57481

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released Apr 16, 2014, 16:59 Flak

This game is still a buggy, laggy, incomprehensible disaster (much more so than Battlefield 3, which I thought was almost unprecedented), but hey, at least DICE wasted time putting in A REALLY COOL HUGE SHARK, OMG GUYS HOW COOL IS THAT?

At this point, traditional fans of the franchise are just getting trolled now.

Has anyone seen the videos regarding the 'invisible wall'? I mean seriously, how do you fuck that up other than putting it in intentionally 'for the luls'? These guys are either extreme amateurs or extreme assholes, or probably both.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
50. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 22:03 Flak

What's most disappointing about BF4 is that the main reason I and anyone I know play it is because of how poor all the other military shooters are. I enjoy these types of multiplayer shooters but lets be honest, if BF4 is the best of the crop (CoD, MoH, etc...) it's a sad situation for shooters, since although the best, BF4 is extremely mediocre in nearly every aspect and even more so when you consider where the franchise came from. Things like head-glitching, poor level design, balancing issues, network performance will NEVER be patched out, we need to accept that these are the trade-offs for 'Frostbite' and DICE development practices.

This comes from someone who's owned and played every BF game released by DICE. BF4 was the first Battlefield game I didn't pre-order, the only reason I even purchased it before X-mas is because of the Origin Mexico trick that gets you the game (and/or_premium) for pretty much 40% off.

PS. We don't need lip service DICE, we know you're not working around the clock, we know you're not putting off other money-making projects on hold (EA would spank you repeatedly for this). Just own up to the fact that you rushed out a half-assed game and don't care if your fans are mad or not. Oh wait, a scope for a pistol and imaginary extra XP ought to fix everything, I almost forgot.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
14. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 17:18 Flak

Fantaz wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:12:
I bought BF4 from Amazon for $24.99 from the BF sale, still haven't tried it yet... also waiting for a deal on Premium, but should be same or cheaper than I paid for the game.

Without angering the EA overlords, a search engine query for 'battlefield 4 mexico' will yield profitable results. You didn't hear it from me Alien Eres bienvenido

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
8. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 14:12 Flak

Fallout 3, while technically a mess to say the least, is one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent memory. If they can get the writing and characters improved, Fallout 4 could be a killer title.

Lets hope Bethesda has learned from their previous shortcomings.

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
57. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 5, 2013, 10:04 Flak

Bungie is probably the most overrated developer of the last 10 years. Halo is a laughable franchise that makes Call of Duty seem legitimate and Bungie has done nothing but smear shit in the face of PC gamers since basically selling Halo to Microsoft as an Xbox whore title. As mentioned, I doubt many people would even get this if it were available on PC.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans
6. Re: Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans Nov 2, 2013, 13:34 Flak

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:53:
The largest issue I have is the resolution.

If this is the largest issue of the dev build version, I am very optimistic about the future of HMDs. 1080p is more than likely the resolution for the first consumer release and I recently read that Oculus is toying around with 4k, although that would still obviously be a ways off.

Very excited for this technology, real life, what's that? Alien

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
33. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 22, 2013, 01:50 Flak

Instead of worrying about people who are well within their rights to discuss your publicly available works, maybe spend a little more time building a competent game. Chances are if your game doesn't suck, you'll be too busy counting the cheques to be raging over the relatively modest amount of money that people like Total Biscuit make from the monetization of niche indie game videos.

I cringe to think how long this has gone on over the years when 'professional' reviewers (gamespot, ign, etc...) were actually relevant. It's likely still going on today and might explain how average games like GTA V get 97% on metacritic (not saying it's a legitimate resource, just want to point out how hilarious it is that it has nearly a perfect score).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-v

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2013, 01:41 Flak

"We are working on a mobile game of Battlefield that will be high-end and high-performance,"

Call it whatever you want, but when it comes to mobile 'gaming', no matter how hard and long you polish a turd, at the end of the day it's still a turd, even if it's a high-end turd.

Sadly, I suspect it'll still be commercially successful despite this. What's most disappointing is that although BF4 is no GOAT, it does have some positive changes over BF3 and it's painful to think how much better it could be if DICE/EA didn't waste time and resources on garbage like mobile games that no one is even asking for.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 18, 2013, 01:59 Flak

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 00:44:
No they're not. Because as he put its childhood as we know it is only a few decades old and still not a reality for a lot of the planet anyway. Much as I hate the meme, this is really a "first world problems" puff piece.

Considering that many children in the western world only ~100 years ago were working in factories, I'd say video games are the least of people's concerns, they should probably pull their head out from their arses and take a look around at what else is going on in the world right now.

Ofcourse anyone with half a brain-cell knows that 8-10 hours of video gaming (or anything else for that matter) for a child would be destructive, but it just feels good to blame video games and pass off responsibility to something/someone that isn't the parents of the child in question, something modern parents seem to be awfully good at (video games, types of music/movies, junk food, etc..). You're the one who brought another life into this already overburdened world, do your god damn job and stop blaming other people for your failures as a parent.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
44. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 23:54 Flak

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:17:
BadIronTree wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:55:
THERE ARE NO shareholders or investors that need to make money ... So the game will be HARD. Its a SIM. No need to damm it down to get a bigger target Group !!!
u mad?

It's bad enough you have a juvenile username, at least keep your goofy, outdated, baiting comments to yourself, or better yet, just find another site that embraces your special kind of sadness.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
26. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 13, 2013, 00:53 Flak

OldTimber wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 03:16:
First they want your money now they want your free work. Wow that space combat looks as boring as the one in SW ToR. This whole game needs it's Shatner moment, get a life people. Yeah I enjoyed the old WC/SC games but seriously that was in the 90's time to grow up kiddies.

Free work? As in they're paying the winners?

Nice logic, it wasn't bad enough that someone pissed in your cereal this morning

The positive is that whiny turds like this will be far, far away from the game.

News Comments > Teleglitch: Die More Edition DLC; Patch; Sale
1. Re: Teleglitch: Die More Edition DLC; Patch; Sale Oct 9, 2013, 00:33 Flak

Picked this game up, surprisingly fun and pretty challenging, worth a look if you're into the rogue-like, fast paced shoot em up, definitely worth the $3 and change I paid after the sale.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 00:19 Flak

ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 23:21:
I believe in Chris and Star Citizen, but let's not delude ourselves here, their servers will crash and burn HARD on release day. It's been like that with every single event or thing they released. They even joke about it and are open with the backers (if you stay in touch with the community). They know it, we know it, it'll be ok.

Hell, GTA Online, which is kind of a joke IMO (16 player instances, wow...really groundbreaking), couldn't handle launch and as far as I know is still experiencing problems.

While I am a big supporter of CR, CIG and SC, even the counter went down last night when they cracked 21,000,000.

At this point it's amusing that the expectations for large scale online 'releases' is to be a mess during the first day, if not the first week.

One thing that may help lessen the chance of that happening, or at least the severity, is their iterative development cycle, the base game will have been around for a long time before it officially 'launches', so hopefully they will have had practice in balancing server loads. That said, I imagine the dog fighting, planetside, and persistent universe releases will all be adventures.

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
19. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 14:08 Flak

"based on what we intended to deliver the team did a great job"

...really? BF3 single player was probably flat-out the worst single player experience I can remember of the last 5-10 years.

Yeah, keep making beyond mediocre single player while the multiplayer, which isn't half-bad when it manages to function as intended, doesn't get the full attention it needs to be worth the $60 price tag.

Sorry DICE, this isn't 2011, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, call me a console gamer

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 8, 2013, 02:47 Flak

"Want to Evade NSA Spying- Don't Connect to the Internet"

You don't say...

Next headline 'if you want to avoid sun exposure, don't go outside'.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Opens
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Opens Oct 4, 2013, 13:29 Flak

BF3 performance: 60 FPS minium, average 65-70

BF4 Beta performance: 30 FPS maximum, average 15-20

I know it's a beta and all, but I hope they optimize it. I haven't pre-ordered this game unlike BF3, but if they can't get it running better on current hardware, I'll be forced to not play this game until I upgrade (2014 at the earliest). Sucks because I was impressed by how well BF3 ran on my older hardware.

As for the game itself, the are a lot of welcome changes (surprisingly too many to list here...and this coming from a big Battlefield skeptic), but it feels like it's too little too late. If they had taken the extra time to make BF3 like BF4 is, it would have been one of the top games of the year, instead we get it 2+ years later and it feels more like BF3.1 (cliche but true).

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
42. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 01:33 Flak

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 12:57:
Valve along with Blizzard are prolly the two most overrated over protected entities in the entire industry.

Please stop posting here

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
36. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 04:11 Flak

Flatline wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 03:47:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 00:07:
While you guys keep piling on that undeserved negativity, I'm busy walking around the cool hangar in the recent hangar module they released to the public.

Ah yes the 3 gig single room model viewer (you only get to see your own purchased ship) with missing textures and a thick layer of Vaseline smeared over the camera lens.

If the hanger module is any indication the whole game should only take up 3 or 4TB of space.

Lol oh you.

This is an unoptimized, pre-pre-alpha version that CIG went out of their way to produce for backers.

Try and be more of a derped out tool, I'm interested to see how you spin the next batch of 'issues'.

News Comments > More BF4 Commander Mode Details
7. Re: More BF4 Commander Mode Details Aug 31, 2013, 08:35 Flak

Shataan wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 08:30:
I`ll stick to the sp campaign.

Really?

The Battlefield 3 single player campaign was probably the worst single player experience I can remember. Which is weird because the Bad Company series had half-decent single player campaigns.

At least it can't be any worse than BF3.

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
20. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 17:57 Flak

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:29:

For me personally ArmA3 seems to be so much more value for the money.

Arma has come a long way over the years, but there are still a few things they need to tweak to make it feel 'right'.

- Improve movement animations/weapon switching to be more fluid
- Overhaul enemy AI
- CPU optimization for online play

Other than that, I got A3 for $32.99 during alpha, a great price for a game that I'll easily put hundreds of hours in thanks to...

MODS

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo