Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flak

Real Name Flak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://web.archive.org/web/20020529005241/http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Signed On Jun 27, 2012, 11:21
Total Comments 98 (Suspect)
User ID 57481

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 13:17 Flak

EA + DICE + DISNEY + STAR WARS + HUGELY UNREALSTIC EXPECTATIONS =

GETCHYA POPCORN READY

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed...but BF3 looks better than BF4 or Hardline...DICE has been going backwards guys. All of the tools in other website comments who say 'durr, I really hope this is in game!' are in for a real shock when they actually play the game.

$60 retail + $60 premium + $60 additional DLC...yes, 3 $60 grabs, EA has been WAITING for a franchise like Star Wars with a mindless consumption army of fans who will pay anything for any content put out.

Brace yourselves...revenge of the shitstorm is coming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
7. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:00 Flak

Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:36:
I vaguely recall playing the first one. Never understood what the hubbub was about, bub.

It was one of the first console shooters to dumb down gameplay to the point where any dummy could pick up a controller and start spamming nades or one-shot-kill knife attacks. People love to rip on Call of Duty but Halo is one of the original culprits of the complete pussification of modern shooters.

Not to mention the story is dry, predictable, has no memorable characters and the gameplay is about as canned and generic as you could possibly imagine.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
52. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 16:57 Flak

Dacron wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:55:
Great customer service in the fact they're friendly and will bullshit about the game, but they're useless.

Personally I couldn't care less if customer service insults my mother as long as they can provide effective results. What's the point in 'nice' customer service reps if they're useless imbeciles that are pasted to a corporate EA-approved script?

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
51. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 16:56 Flak

Gib007 wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:36:
Doesn't this just PUSH people to pirate their games? It's pretty obvious. It's so easy to do these days as well. They're playing with fire.

*Ding ding ding* Not only does it force people to pirate it...it punishes legitimate consumers for something they never did wrong while allowing the pirated version to be the 'best' version since it's not loaded up with that garbage.

As if you needed another reason to avoid this or any other EA game, what a bunch of fucking clowns .

News Comments > Twitch Breach
9. Re: Twitch Breach Mar 24, 2015, 12:49 Flak

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 23:16:
DAMAGE CONTROL! PLAY IT DOWN! PLAY IT DOWN!

I never saw the appeal of Twitch, thankfully. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever been to the site.

Lol congratulations, you get a cookie. Why the hell would you come here to post this?

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Preorders Get Closed Beta Access
3. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Preorders Get Closed Beta Access Mar 24, 2015, 12:48 Flak

Another classic childhood franchise raped and pillaged by either Ubisoft or EA.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 17:31 Flak

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:40:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:36:
City building games are so lame. Call me when you can kill all the people and add nuclear weapons. Its right up there with the Sims.
There will be a mod for this unless there already is one.

Lol why would you even reply to this asshat?

News Comments > New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans
10. Re: New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans Mar 20, 2015, 13:30 Flak

MGS was a unanimous classic, MGS2 was a PS2 tech-demo, MGS3 was cool but deviated too far away from what made the first two games interesting. MGS4, while a pretty good game, was again more of a PS3 tech demo with standard MGS gameplay.

MGS5 however has caught my attention, Ground Zeroes was a fresh change of pace for the series and has me interested to see if they follow suit with Phantom Pain.

I get that MGS is an overhyped franchise and for the most part, I'd tend to agree, especially since I feel that the first three Splinter Cell Games (1, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory) eclipse anything ever done by Kojima (granted the modern Spinter Cell games have become watered down like almost all ubisoft titles).

In any event, give MGS5 a chance, doubly so since they're at least giving PC the time of day finally, it might not be much right now, but it is a step in the right direction.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
8. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 14:53 Flak

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 14:12:
This still might be scam and i'm wary as a mf'er, but holy shit, if they pull this off...

You can tell they're making actual progress because the sad trolls who come into these threads to trash Roberts and Co. are strangely becoming more and more absent.

I'm still as skeptical as anyone, but you have to admit that procedural damage tech is very impressive, and to me, is finally something that's ACTUALLY next gen.

Let's hope they can keep this train rolling.

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
12. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 18, 2015, 10:52 Flak

NeOCidE wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 15:04:
I just don't understand!?!?!?

All I see is piss and shit!?

Am I missing something? What makes this game so good?

Piss, shit, blood and tears...Also known as a weekend at the Vatican

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
11. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 18, 2015, 10:51 Flak

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 15:25:
It wasn't until I unlocked the Azazel character, one that can fly around the room, that I started having any real fun with the game. Since then, the game has paid for itself many, many, many times over.

This is one of the main issues with getting into the game, it seems a little underwhelming at first. Including Azazel was a great way to bring along new players. Personally Azazel's lack of range drives me bonkers, once you unlock enough items, an average run should produce a more powerful build than Azazel, and that's where the magic happens, combination of power-up items that turn you into a killing machine, but don't get too cocky, one wrong move and it's all over, and sorry kids...there are 'no continues'.

News Comments > Unlock Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Framerate and FOV
3. Re: Unlock Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Framerate and FOV Dec 30, 2014, 18:42 Flak

It has a lot more substance than your peanut-gallery non-sense that plagues this website.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
9. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 18:09 Flak

BN used to be the go-to place for all things PC Gaming, it's now the go-to place to read nonsensical musings of SC haters.

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 16:57:
What's really funny are the fanboys thanking him for this P2W bullshit. Lulz it's just so pathetic.

If by Pay 2 Win you mean I can board their ship and steal their '$1,000+' purchase, then yes, I guess they're doing a great job 'winning' while I fly off as a 'loser' with their ship.

Lulz.

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
36. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 17:17 Flak

Ahh, EA...you tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end...the unwashed masses will still crawl back to you.

Does anyone else get excited every 3 months when you fire up Origin and there's the little 'Please rate your experience' box that you're greeted by?

'What's that...you're still not putting anything on Steam? Go fuck yourself, 0 out of 10, would not recommend to my dying worst enemy'.

What's sad is that even as an EA hater, this 'fall patch' has actually fixed A LOT of the fundamental issues that really plagued BF4, there are still a ton of issues with the game, but I feel that it's finally in a playable state. Saddest of all is that we probably have the PLAYERS to thank for these changes through the CTE program.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November
2. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in November Sep 5, 2014, 19:54 Flak

I have over 300 hours in Isaac and have completely cleared it (platinum god). I just pre-ordered this badboy and from what I've read it'll feel like a pretty new game with pretty much double if not triple the content from BOI+WOTL.

Dead Rising 3 release day? Top of the Steam charts? Nope...Fuck you! Instead it's Binding of Isaac: Rebirth pre-orders #1 on Steam...faith in humanity partially restored.

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend
13. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend Aug 29, 2014, 13:23 Flak

Meanwhile, Cod 4:Modern Warfare, the only Cod game worth playing over the past 8 years, is still only 50% off ($10). Fuck you Activision, I bought this fucking game on launch day 8 years ago or whatever and 1) I can't redeem my key on Steam and 2) it never goes on sale for a reasonable price. I can stomach $5 for a game I already own, but $10? Fuck you.  

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
23. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 23:30 Flak

Kosumo wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 20:31:
It's better and more feature rich than Star Citizen!

Lol u mad bro

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
20. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:44 Flak

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:40:
panbient wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:32:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:08:
And the room. Went. Wild.

I find this implausible. Those of us old enough to have lived through what he did and know who he is have little faith to strike gold a second time. Those who are younger have no clue who the man is since he hasn't done anything in 20 years. So, who is this mythical fan base that worships him?

A similar situation didn't stop all kinds of gamers from throwing literal millions at Chris Roberts on a promise of hype and hope.

The only question I'm left with is would a Romero crowd funded shooter pull in more millions from gamers than SC?

No. I won't give him 1 dollar. As I am sure most won't. SC people are dumb. (don't take it personal - blanket statement - they won't deliver)

At least CIG is attempting to deliver, and while it'll never appease the likes of people on this site, it is some shred of credibility. Romero? I'd be shocked if we see anything more than some over-priced, over-produced 'logo' with a gimmicky name. Full disclosure I have put in about $20 for SC. I'm stupid, but not THAT stupid (looking at the friends I have who've already dropped over $1000...I can barely type that).

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
6. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 11, 2014, 19:26 Flak

Played through it again about 9 months ago, still holds up like a beauty , even more so if you use a patch like this https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=22.0

I can't remember a recent game that rivals the constant fear and sense of isolation that SS2 creates as you play it. As someone said, Bioshock is ultimately a poor imitation of that even though the biggest fans of Bioshock admittedly have never experienced System Shock.

I doubt we'll ever see a true sequel to SS2 but if we get something that comes even half as close as SS3 then we're all in for a treat.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
14. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:22 Flak

Unless you're giving us Doom 2 with challenging AI, 40 decently designed levels, enemies that actually pose a challenge, weapons that don't feel like yet another shitty M16 clone (don't forget all the goofy accessories), and full 32 player multiplayer carnage with LAN/Dedicated servers...

If I ain't gots me a chainsaw, a double-barrel shotgun, and an ample supply of demon guts plastered all over the screen: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE ROMERO.

98 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo