Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flak

Real Name Flak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://web.archive.org/web/20020529005241/http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Signed On Jun 27, 2012, 11:21
Total Comments 113 (Novice)
User ID 57481

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
27. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 15:08 Flak

Great game, great developer, great news!

Now give us Witcher 4!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
18. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 25, 2015, 17:25 Flak

Bub wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 08:57:
Once again Blizzard injects less player interaction and increases passive make one choice, push a button, watch a proceduraly generated series of static or animated cut scenes, while at the same time introducing more pay to win cash shop items.

More nefarious is the introduction of selling mystery "packs" where the content is basically a gamble. Asian MMO' have been milking this illegal gambling for years and the adult authorities have yet to catch on. Now that Blizzard has adopted it, expect to see it in WOW and everything else they make.

Just wait until the Home Shopping Network and infomercial types get wind of this scam.

Wow this is so bad it hurts.

You do realize you can craft any card in the game...right? Of course you didn't, you ignorant troll you.

If you're going to spew out bullshit about procedural generation (which has NOTHING to do with Hearthstone) at least put some effort into the spelling.

Sheesh, I love how people flock here to complain about games they have no clue about, it's why I love this place!

I almost have 100 ranked wins in HT and I haven't spent a penny.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
22. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 17:19 Flak

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 15:40:
IMHO, this game lives because of the lack of alternatives.

We have a winner!

I'll play every MP shooter under the sun and they still don't compare to Battlefield.

It's less about Battlefield being really good, and more about the other games being pretty bad.

Battlefield wins...by default.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
21. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 17:18 Flak

Jackplug wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 15:51:
Still flogging a dead horse I see..

Still brain-dead BN comments posted I see...

There are almost 25k people playing this game ATM, not exactly peak-hours either.

That horse sure is moving around a lot for being dead.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
76. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 17:10 Flak

All of the trolls aside, this just goes to further exemplify the era of whiny, entitled, impatient man-children that plague society (me included).

CIG is building SC from scratch, anyone dumb enough to believe they were ever going to be on the original schedule is either trolling, or oblivious to the history of how long it usually takes to build good games, especially from scratch.

The vast majority of games these days are re-hashed and recycled, released yearly, and everyone bitches about it. Then SC comes along and has an ambitious plan that any sane person would realize has a more plausible delivery timetable of 5-7 years.

But I guess if spewing faux-rage on BN or other PC gaming websites keeps you happy, flame on!

BTW, dog-fighting module is fun as hell, especially with a group of buddies. It's a shame (actually it isn't, I'm glad you won't be polluting the playerbase) all you whiners are going to miss out on some actually decent gameplay.

-Signed by a guy who has $30 into the game, get stuffed.

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
38. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 18, 2015, 10:58 Flak

1) This happens literally every time a new Windows is released

2) Virtual Boxes, look into them. Run Windows 95/98 from Windows 10, game works!

But ofcourse, it's much more fun to bitch and cry about it.

News Comments > The International Results
34. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 13:52 Flak

I'm looking forward to competitive Star Citizen events in the future where people are taking home prize money. The amount of rage/envy/petulance that will flow through these comment sections will be glorious. Butthurt on a level never before witnessed.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month
13. Re: Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 17:06 Flak

The $50 pricetag should be REALLY telling regarding the amount of money the average user has spent on this game.

Pay to Win is a stretch...if you spend $60 on card packs to land 2 legendary cards, who's really winning? Especially since I have friends who have done this, and my 'free' decks (I haven't spent a penny on the game) can beat their decks if the cards line up right. I have some really solid cards that I won through naturally progressing in the game that I never spent any money on.

It still amazes me however that these 'F2P' games in many cases generate as much, if not more revenue than a regular priced game (if done correctly).

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
21. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 13:19 Flak

Nobody gives a fuck about Xbox Microsoft, especially on Windows...

Please...just stop.

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans?
1. Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans? Jul 18, 2015, 14:09 Flak

These bundles almost always suck, I got Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell with a GPU a while back...but it was only redeemable on UPlay, despite both games being available on Steam.

I emailed Ubisoft about providing a solution so I could redeem those games on Steam, basically told to pound sand.

Needless to say, I haven't played either of those games, or any Ubisoft game since.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
27. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 13:27 Flak

The FPS module will really be the make-or-break moment for me. I've been supportive of these guys since day 1, when they announced an expansive world that included FPS elements, I was hooked.

However, the FPS developers have virtually no experience with legitimate FPS games and they're taking this long to produce anything tangible. It's becoming more and more concerning as time goes on.

I'm hoping for a lot when it comes to FPS module but the longer we wait, the more I expect less and less. Here's hoping they prove me wrong!

PS. I swear to god if these dummies announce ANY more release time tables moving forward, they deserve everything the get, I mean honestly, they haven't made a single deadline and they're still throwing out dates. Here's a new one:

WHEN IT'S DONE!

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
13. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 15:03 Flak

Lets go down the list of 'this is an absolutely dog shit PC game':

• terrible frame rate

• piss-poor controller support...despite being built for controllers

• PC 'port' dev team was 12 people...12 people

• Ass-backwards DRM...despite already being on a DRM platform

• Executives who make dummy statements

• Shady, valueless, nickle & diming DLC

• Yep, just about checks them all off!

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Trailer
    3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 23:08 Flak

Lol a $80 Canadian game and people are giddy about a feature that was basic in the first R6 game? What a world!  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DLC Monday
    2. Re: Battlefield Hardline DLC Monday Jun 19, 2015, 23:06 Flak

If BF5 looks and plays anything like Battlefront, the series will be dead by that point.

DICE LA is the only studio worth employing at this point.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
    5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 1, 2015, 20:56 Flak

Slick wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:07:
    BEST REVIEWED PC GAME OF ALL TIME

MOUSE CONTROLS DONT EVEN WORK PROPERLY

BHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

ANOTHER SHITTY POST BY SLICK, THE MOST ANNOYING POSTER OF ALL TIME

DOESN'T EVEN TRY ANYTHING NEW, JUST MORE CAPSLOCK.

WHAT A TOOL.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
    32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 13:17 Flak

EA + DICE + DISNEY + STAR WARS + HUGELY UNREALSTIC EXPECTATIONS =

GETCHYA POPCORN READY

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed...but BF3 looks better than BF4 or Hardline...DICE has been going backwards guys. All of the tools in other website comments who say 'durr, I really hope this is in game!' are in for a real shock when they actually play the game.

$60 retail + $60 premium + $60 additional DLC...yes, 3 $60 grabs, EA has been WAITING for a franchise like Star Wars with a mindless consumption army of fans who will pay anything for any content put out.

Brace yourselves...revenge of the shitstorm is coming.

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
    7. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:00 Flak

Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:36:
    I vaguely recall playing the first one. Never understood what the hubbub was about, bub.

It was one of the first console shooters to dumb down gameplay to the point where any dummy could pick up a controller and start spamming nades or one-shot-kill knife attacks. People love to rip on Call of Duty but Halo is one of the original culprits of the complete pussification of modern shooters.

Not to mention the story is dry, predictable, has no memorable characters and the gameplay is about as canned and generic as you could possibly imagine.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
    52. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 16:57 Flak

Dacron wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:55:
    Great customer service in the fact they're friendly and will bullshit about the game, but they're useless.

Personally I couldn't care less if customer service insults my mother as long as they can provide effective results. What's the point in 'nice' customer service reps if they're useless imbeciles that are pasted to a corporate EA-approved script?

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
    51. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 16:56 Flak

Gib007 wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:36:
    Doesn't this just PUSH people to pirate their games? It's pretty obvious. It's so easy to do these days as well. They're playing with fire.

*Ding ding ding* Not only does it force people to pirate it...it punishes legitimate consumers for something they never did wrong while allowing the pirated version to be the 'best' version since it's not loaded up with that garbage.

As if you needed another reason to avoid this or any other EA game, what a bunch of fucking clowns .

News Comments > Twitch Breach
    9. Re: Twitch Breach Mar 24, 2015, 12:49 Flak

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 23:16:
    DAMAGE CONTROL! PLAY IT DOWN! PLAY IT DOWN!

I never saw the appeal of Twitch, thankfully. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever been to the site.

Lol congratulations, you get a cookie. Why the hell would you come here to post this?

113 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo