Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flak

Real Name Flak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://web.archive.org/web/20020529005241/http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Signed On Jun 27, 2012, 11:21
Total Comments 83 (Suspect)
User ID 57481

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend
13. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend Aug 29, 2014, 13:23 Flak

Meanwhile, Cod 4:Modern Warfare, the only Cod game worth playing over the past 8 years, is still only 50% off ($10). Fuck you Activision, I bought this fucking game on launch day 8 years ago or whatever and 1) I can't redeem my key on Steam and 2) it never goes on sale for a reasonable price. I can stomach $5 for a game I already own, but $10? Fuck you.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
23. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 23:30 Flak

Kosumo wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 20:31:
It's better and more feature rich than Star Citizen!

Lol u mad bro

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
20. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:44 Flak

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:40:
panbient wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:32:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:08:
And the room. Went. Wild.

I find this implausible. Those of us old enough to have lived through what he did and know who he is have little faith to strike gold a second time. Those who are younger have no clue who the man is since he hasn't done anything in 20 years. So, who is this mythical fan base that worships him?

A similar situation didn't stop all kinds of gamers from throwing literal millions at Chris Roberts on a promise of hype and hope.

The only question I'm left with is would a Romero crowd funded shooter pull in more millions from gamers than SC?

No. I won't give him 1 dollar. As I am sure most won't. SC people are dumb. (don't take it personal - blanket statement - they won't deliver)

At least CIG is attempting to deliver, and while it'll never appease the likes of people on this site, it is some shred of credibility. Romero? I'd be shocked if we see anything more than some over-priced, over-produced 'logo' with a gimmicky name. Full disclosure I have put in about $20 for SC. I'm stupid, but not THAT stupid (looking at the friends I have who've already dropped over $1000...I can barely type that).

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
6. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 11, 2014, 19:26 Flak

Played through it again about 9 months ago, still holds up like a beauty , even more so if you use a patch like this https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=22.0

I can't remember a recent game that rivals the constant fear and sense of isolation that SS2 creates as you play it. As someone said, Bioshock is ultimately a poor imitation of that even though the biggest fans of Bioshock admittedly have never experienced System Shock.

I doubt we'll ever see a true sequel to SS2 but if we get something that comes even half as close as SS3 then we're all in for a treat.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
14. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:22 Flak

Unless you're giving us Doom 2 with challenging AI, 40 decently designed levels, enemies that actually pose a challenge, weapons that don't feel like yet another shitty M16 clone (don't forget all the goofy accessories), and full 32 player multiplayer carnage with LAN/Dedicated servers...

If I ain't gots me a chainsaw, a double-barrel shotgun, and an ample supply of demon guts plastered all over the screen: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE ROMERO.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
1. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 11, 2014, 19:00 Flak

Raise a cup to one of the best games our fair master race has ever witnessed.  

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth DLC This Month
7. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth DLC This Month Jul 9, 2014, 17:58 Flak

Whiskers wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 10:22:
I really like some of the expansion maps, especially aftermath. I felt those had some good layouts, close quarters, some sniping, not a lot of vehicles. Some of the close quarters maps were also fun. Back to Karkand was fun too.

A lot of the BF4 maps seem very sniper and vehicle heavy. I might just not be remembering BF3 as well, since it's been a while, but it didn't feel that way.

The problem is that DICE doesn't have the design flexibility (or willingness) to actually take the time to craft maps that are well thought out to the point where they're functional regardless of what play style you prefer.

Instead, like 99.9% things BF3/BF4, the maps we have are contrived fodder designed mostly for specific play styles (either CQC tunnelfests or needlessly open plains where tanks just take pot shots at each other). While some maps aren't completely terrible, there really aren't any memorable ones (at least, positively memorable).

Add in the element of the maps having to be dumbed down for Xbox 360/PS3 and consoles and general, and you begin to see how this will likely not change anytime soon.

BF: Hardline is supposed to be more infantry focused and that feels like a step back, which sucks because I prefer playing infantry above all else.

All of these shortcomings could be tolerable if we were ever provided with modding capabilities, but we all know that means less money for EA/DICE and a realization that compared to a dedicated mapping community, their maps are pretty terrible and poorly thought out. Wouldn't want EA/DICE looking bad now, not like that hasn't happened before.

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month?
1. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month? Jul 4, 2014, 13:04 Flak

Can't wait for the noobs to spam shields on Metro/Locker, I guess they thought it wasn't CQC enough! Best not question the sound logic of DICE.

PS, are we ever going to get any maps that don't suck? Bad Company 2 maps weren't great but I'd take them over BF3/4 any day.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
29. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 17:33 Flak

Luke wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:44:
well something did hurt , i see Clown

The only thing that hurts is the loss of brain cells when you consider the wasted bandwidth that your worthless posting steals up. Nice smiley face, it looks like you spend more time picking the 'perfect' smiley face for your nonsensical dribble than you do on even a sliver of thought or contribution.

I wonder if Beagle has started to resort to an Alt account, or maybe he has a fanboyclub with a bunch of 14-year old trolls. Either way, looks more like the PCGamer.com comment section than BN.

I'll save you the trouble

Reply "Yeah, he mad" :o.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
20. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 13:09 Flak

Luke wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 12:23:
You pay all that money for digital content and for what? When the servers shut off, all your money just went into a black hole.

Just like Star Citizen Book

Oh great, another one of these creative clowns, a Star Citizen jab in a completely unrelated thread, where have I read this before? It's bad enough you butchered the quote and ate up 3 posts worth of screen real estate let alone the fact you're another boring beagle clone.

News Comments > All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked
9. Re: All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked Jun 21, 2014, 12:07 Flak

Damn, EA is trying so hard on this one, I'm actually enjoying watching them squirm.

If the general sentiment of people hating on this game is accurately reflected in sales numbers come release, I look forward to seeing how EA spins this disaster as a positive or a way of 'moving the franchise forward'.

6-9 months from now...: 'EA CEO acknowledges Battlefield Hardline launch was 'unacceptable', but does not think it damaged Battlefield brand and states they will learn from this experience to make Battlefield 5: Bad Company 3 the best title to date'

Hmm...where have I heard that before?

I feel bad for Visceral, but they're getting paid at the end of the day so it's not all that bad.

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
13. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 12:03 Flak

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 11:52:
Then why is the PC Master Race pirating their products in the first place? If you guys don't see value in what they're producing, then why spend time on them?

Anyone over the age of 18 who pirates games is just an asshole. I used to pirate hundreds of games as a kid...a kid with parents that wouldn't buy him conputer games, no access to money to buy said games, and unsupervised access to the internet and the Kazaa/Limewire craze of 10+ years ago...but again...that's when I was a stupid kid.

If you're an adult who has the means to own a computer powerful enough to play these games with an active internet connection and can't budget your life to afford a few games, you're simply an asshole who's stealing because you're too much of a cheap bastard. Don't blame PC gamers for the actions of children and cheap assholes who still live with mom at the age of 40.

I've retroactively purchased every game on Steam that I've pirated in my youth, my library I think just passed 300 titles, each that I purchased and most over $10 at the time of purchase. I honestly don't even remember the last game I pirated and I've probably pirated more software than the majority of 'pirates'.

Making blanket statements about piracy on PC proves you're either a troll, a complete dumbass, or an Ubisoft schill, or sadly maybe a combination of all three.

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
8. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 11:51 Flak

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 10:39:
Overon wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 10:09:
I have no goodwill for Ubisoft. They have fucked over the pc master race too many times. Latest example is gimping Watchdogs.

How exactly did they 'fucked over' the pc users 'too many times'? Yeah Watch Dogs has some graphical things turned off because they cause some serious issues with the lighting engine, but again I'm curious.

Much like how EA has utterly destroyed the Battlefield franchise, Ubisoft has obliterated everything Tom Clancy related, at least if you're an actual fan of the original games and not the bile they call the current ones.

Ubisoft also has a terrible track record pre-'DRM' with Securom going back to Chaos Theory and Farcry 1. UPlay is a fucking joke and another useless layer of bloatware I don't need on my system. Their customer service rivals EA in terms of poor quality. Titles purchased or 'owned' on UPLAY are not available to be claimed on any other service (ie. I got some Ubisoft games with a video card and could not redeem them on Steam, even though 99.9% of my library is on Steam). Many Ubisoft games require post-install .ini tweaks so they don't look like complete ass on PC.

*yawn*

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
19. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:19 Flak

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:12:
This is what happens when dev teams get lazy and copy and paste another games specs and forget to edit out things like Max OS X.

This is what happens when posters get lazy and don't even bother to read beyond the headline.

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
16. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 13:10 Flak

Battlefield 4 was the last straw for (most) of us long-standing Battlefield series fans from people I've chatted with over the past year.

Seeing Battlefield Hardline pre-order for $69.99 was an affirmation that Battlefield is officially dead. The fact that Hardline is a glorified expansion pack/mod at best aside, how they can price this game HIGHER than BF4 less than a calender year between games goes to show how EA has now fully adopted the Activision 'milk it until it's dry' motto.

It's been a fun ride DICE but your once beloved baby is now an objectionable degenerate that no one with any dignity respects in the least.

Expect a Bad Company 3 announcement the week after Hardline drops, 'early access' and everything!*

*If EA ever does early access you can bet your ass they'll charge more for early access, want BF5 early access? Only $99.99! Financing options are available!

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
5. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 9, 2014, 21:29 Flak

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 20:43:
fair points, but it still looks very fun. You gotta remember the old days of Raven shield are gone.

Yeah this game will probably be fun to play online with buddies but I'd like to not only see a return to the more serious/tactical original games, I'd like to see someone try to innovate and take it to the next level. I know it probably won't happen anytime soon on current hardware, but with VR hopefully not too far away, maybe we'll see a return to slower-paced, tactical shooters *fingers crossed*.

In any event, as much as I love the Tom Clancy brand, it's hard to really take it seriously as long as Ubisoft rocks the cradle of development, the glory days of Red Storm are sadly becoming a distant memory.

I don't know what I'm supposed to feel more disappointed in, Rainbow Six Advanced Clonefare or Battlefield 4 Hardline:$60 mod edition

*runs back to Red Orchestra 2*

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
2. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 9, 2014, 20:41 Flak

I'll go ahead and dust off the vintage R6 old-man rant:

-Hey, it's actually first person? It might not be completely horrible!
-Kiddy HUD that has the ammo constantly displayed, are we really that incompetent that we can't keep track of our ammo in an tactical/realistic game? RO2 would like a word with your casual silliness.
-Health is a 'percentage value', cheap casual bullshit for crappy players who need the training wheels to play (aka using a controller to aim). Reviving 'fallen' teammates who are instantly back to fighting-health.
-The map looks like an uninspired Nuketown (COD garbage) ripoff. Give me a bank, a tanker ship, a sports stadium, something with a little character.
-5 v 5, no 'squads', the tactical screen looks like an after-thought.

/takes off old-man grump hat
/pre-alpha rabble rabble

I know it has the name 'Rainbow Six' but I think Counter-Strike is more tactical looking that this goofy excuse for a shooter. I say that as someone with an unhealthy love for R6, Rogue Spear and Ravenshield.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
12. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 8, 2014, 15:18 Flak

Fantaz wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 14:30:
Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 13:30:
A million dollars per virtual item. Fucking lol.

awww... too bad you didn't make the 1st post, only 2nd.

The turd-cutters around here are starting to slack off, wonder were Reagle is these days? (hint: probably playing AC).

That freelancer commercial was a thing of beauty, even that eerily similar narrator.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
59. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 16:42 Flak

Creston wrote on May 25, 2014, 16:08:
I love how you people keep calling him a troll, thus recognizing that he is one, and yet YOU KEEP FUCKING REPLYING TO HIM.

Do you seriously not get that you're being FUCKING TROLLED???

And yet here you are telling us we're being trolled after we discuss how we're being trolled by a poor troll who has not only a history of trolling, but an avatar of it next to his name. I'd appreciate a pure discussion about the actual topic, but since that seems to be a thing of the past on this website...back to the troll chronicles...The circle jerk continues!

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
57. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 14:49 Flak

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 20:30:
loomy wrote on May 24, 2014, 18:54:
chris roberts didn't work on half of freelancer

and elite is not further along than star citizen (which has probably 10x the full time staff)

Roberts not only worked on freelancer but was in charge of it before he sold it off.

LOL, in the interest of preserving your already tired charade here, can you at least attempt to step your game up? Your trolling has gone from passable in random threads to being 'that' user who makes poor snipes at the next big unknown game that everyone is talking about. You're the opposite of the DICE defense force who come out in absolute defense of anything critical of Battlefield (which, although slowly, VERY slowly being fixed, is still mostly a hot mess).

All we ask is you take more than 10 seconds to formulate a troll, maybe base it in some semblance of reality so that the bait has more hook to it and we can get more entertainment from it. Now, as soon as I see an SC thread on BN, I instantly think 'I wonder what lame ass 'trolls' Reagle has lined up for this one'.

Is it sad that these Star Citizens threads have devolved into coaching a troll how to do his job half-decently? %). Another reason I keep coming back to this site after years and years.

83 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo