Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gruntstein

Real Name Gruntstein   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 17, 2012, 16:59
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 57467

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
2. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 11:07 Gruntstein

SF4's netcode has been dog shit from day 1. Unlike every multiplayer game that has been released since Quakeworld, it doesn't use client-side prediction so you have to deal with input delay that varies with your ping. Amazing that they were able to make it even worse.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
4. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 10:20 Gruntstein

Hopefully they don't turn this into an Elder Scrolls game and fill it with quests. Create a compelling non-linear world and the player will make their own quest as they explore their way to the last boss in their own way.  

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
14. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:41 Gruntstein

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:21:
Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created?

The viral marketing campaign is over.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
37. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 12:38 Gruntstein

I have a feeling that Valve has something similar to Destiny up their sleeves with Left 4 Dead 3. By the time Bungie stops wringing their hands about a PC port, it's quite possible that Valve will have stolen their thunder.  

News Comments > Op Ed
85. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2013, 12:08 Gruntstein

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 23:20:
I like games, but go into almost any multiplayer game and pretend to be a woman or a minority for a couple of hours and you will see how nasty it is.
That's a great idea. Lets all passive-aggressively troll people with information that has no bearing on the game being played and smugly point at the negative responses and spit out the words 'told you so' between handfuls of Doritos. All because we think black people and girls need to be white knighted at every opportunity because they're too weak to fend for themselves. That isn't racist or sexist at all.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2012, 13:15 Gruntstein

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 12:12:
space captain wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 11:50:
fear has always been used to control the population... see: christianity
Funny you say that. In other news, in socities which have a strong belief in "hell" like "christianity" there is a lower crime rate. Well now, isn't that a problem, or is it? The actual study in itself is very interesting if you're into psychology at all, though it's behind a paywall which is why I'm not linking it.

Christian countries are white countries and white people are less likely to commit serious crimes than non-whites. This has less to do with religion and more to do with racial differences.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
56. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 5, 2012, 13:50 Gruntstein

It's a shame that Sega lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon Saga because that was the high water mark for Japanese RPGs. That game blew the 32-bit Final Fantasy games out of the water and is far more deserving of a remake than FFVII.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 13:41 Gruntstein

eunichron wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 13:22:
That's a joke right? The comparison between a $60 console/PC game and a $2 iOS game is... well, there is no way to compare them, they're not even the same target market or audience. That might be the dumbest statement anyone has ever made, even rivaling Pachter.

You took that statement too literally. He's not saying that every game needs to be dirt cheap. He's saying that there meeds to be more flexibility in pricing on the mext gen consoles if they're to compete with Apple at the low end of the market. He also said that the current pricing model ($60 games) isn't sustainable. His assumption that digital distribution will bring prices down is naive, but his observations are fairly sane.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 20, 2012, 13:20 Gruntstein

This is why any search request or post I make on the internet is run through a VPN or a proxy. Nothing is foolproof, but it's always a good idea to put an extra hurdle or two between yourself and your ISP/Google. It's not like it requires much in the way of effort.

News Comments > New Magicka DLC
1. Re: New Magicka DLC Jun 19, 2012, 14:14 Gruntstein

Alucart? Really? Come on now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2012, 14:06 Gruntstein

Regardless of the cause, we really need to stop shitting where we eat, sleep and breath.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
48. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done" Jun 17, 2012, 16:04 Gruntstein

I'm not at all interested in StarCraft 2, but I am interested in Blizzard's take on Dota. If they can ease the barrier of entry and smooth over the rough edges, the end result could be far more interesting than StarCraft 2.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
30. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 15:15 Gruntstein

I remember when this type of game would eventually give you a piece of cheese if you kept hitting the switch. Now it just drops a steamer in your mouth.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
40. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 14:55 Gruntstein

This 'leak' smells of viral marketing to me.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 16
10. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 14:37 Gruntstein

I bet a decent amount of these booth broads are strippers or call girls, BUT OH GOD THEY'RE WEARING AN ELF BIKINI AT A VIDEO GAME CONVENTION THE HORROR. I'm against this shit because it's lame, not because it's sexist.

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo