Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1387 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 16:51 Axis

ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:44:
descender wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:27:
We were too busy making these great guns worse.
TF2 as an idea and in presentation is fantastic. TF2 as a game is absolutely terrible these days.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. It's one of the only really enjoyable FPS's out there if you aren't a CODrone.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:45 Axis

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:00:
Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:34:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

Has that come out yet? I thought it was still in development.

It's early access still. I'm waiting til it comes out, I swore off all early access and Kickstarter stuff no matter the pedigree of the devs. Hopefully it'll be great as expected but I don't mind waiting and paying an extra little bit of money.

The release date is still set for June 30, 11 days from now. If you're planning to get it at release, might as well grab it now and take advantage of the discount.

Yea the game will be released on the 30th, editor sometimes afterwards. The game itself is incredibly fun, kind of a mashup between Baldurs Gate and oldschool might and magic games, but with one of the most enjoyable 'environment' engine I've ever played (physics, item interaction/reaction, elements, etc) - lots of freedom & strategy and designed to be completely mod-able. The single player game has an in-game chat system that anyone can participate in, really adds something special and it's being kept in release. Such a minor thing yet adds so much while playing.

I have very little patience for redoing content, but its been a joy every patch (they break the saves) since everything is so varied and done so well - I've done the intro mission/early content about 6 times and I have absolutely no patience for that kinda stuff normally.

The community is overwhelmingly positive, just read the forums -- It's worth a check if you like RPGs.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
2. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:34 Axis

If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2014, 20:22 Axis

Good to see Mac continuing it's outrageous pricing for sub-par components. Keep choosing the blue pill macheads...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
23. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 17:02 Axis

I play TF2 almost every night - scout on Hightower - just to keep up the skills.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 14:09 Axis

Looks same ole same to me -- a standard Witcher game with Geralt as usual.

I like the IP, and I'm sure the game will be good, but I didn't see anything special. What is it you guys liked so much?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 8
1. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 8 Jun 14, 2014, 15:28 Axis

I wasn't impressed with BF4 at all, but something about the new Hardline is immensely fun and satisfying even if I'm stating so within the honeymoon period of beta.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
11. Re: It will come Jun 14, 2014, 15:21 Axis

Can't blame companies to go where they perceive the money to be, but I don't put them on my favorite list when they sell out to consoles with exclusives. Wanna play both sides (like Rockstar), fine we'll accept your strategy of release dates. Wanna 'exclusive' (like Bungie), no thank you we don't want you -- it's very likely you'll have consolitis should you return anyway.

Besides, when it was first announced eons ago (aka "pc dying fad") they had absolutely no intention to develop it for PC. I'll be glad to keep them to their word and never buy it on PC.

I also couldn't care less about a the half-ass FPS Halo or it's derivatives (console fannies will go nuts here, but it's a fact -- just a vanilla FPS that works as well as it can on sub-par FPS controllers).

All they accomplished was to be one of first to do "FPS's" well on a console, nothing special beyond that and its very effective hype-machine.

When I think of bungie, I think of MTFL (and even Oni, I friggin loved that game). The first halo on was 'ok', but most of us were too busy clanning in dedicated FPS's or losing sleep during the heydays of MMOs...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 12, 2014, 09:17 Axis

There was a time not long ago that alpha/beta was based entirely on an application process that asked the right questions, and if you got in and didn't participate in the way you were expected then you were revoked access -- that's the only way to get 'dedicated' testers - and it worked a treat.

Now as for Divinity Original Sin... cannot.. I say.. I say.. I cannot wait! Game is gonna be huge.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 3
8. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 10, 2014, 22:28 Axis

Yes Danielle Riendeau... you feel everyone everywhere needs to pander to the liberal whim of ethnic equality representation.

So you'd certainly agree that the Han Chinese, Hindustani, Arabs and Bengalis need to be first and foremost represented in the future in everything, everywhere if it involves a "world audience appreciation" since they far outnumber every other ethnicity in the world we live in.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Magicka 2 Announced
11. Re: Magicka 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 16:51 Axis

Magica was truly original and very fun, really the only two requirements that will always jiggle my wallet bone with new IPs.

So yes I'll nab the 2nd, even if *wars* so far has seemed terribly abandoned.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > H1Z1 "My Evil Ways" E3 Trailer
2. Re: H1Z1 Jun 9, 2014, 13:58 Axis

Man ain't that the truth> ZZZzzz...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 11:03 Axis

Just what pc indies need - to 'sign on' with deep pockets and a loud blowing mouth.

He basically makes the point that there's 'tons' of PC indies and they'll need the backing of large publishers to "get noticed".

Load of bullshit - do what you do, throw some money into smart advertising and if you have a solid fun game you won't be restricted creatively by some number crunching suits...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced
1. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 10:59 Axis

Bout time, looks like something I'd play.

Only pinball games I spent many many moons on was the original Amiga Pinball dreams and Sierra's 3d pinball games.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 7, 2014, 00:00 Axis

2004-2013 - "I want EVERYONE to know EVERYTHING about me! I'm gonna post every turd I drop because people WANT TO KNOW!"

2014+ - "WHERE's MY PRIVACY?!?!?! Look at me I'm so maaaaad waaaaah!"

"Seriously... look at me."

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
23. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 23:54 Axis

Dades wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 19:20:
ChandlerL wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 15:13:
Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 13:13:
Yeah, tons of stuff can be interacted with, crafted, used in the environment. It's awesome as a possum. This is about the only thing I've backed I'm really happy about so far. Wish I had never given dime to Fargo and those jerks at inXile. And I'm pretty worried about the lack of progress from Project Eternity. With that last update it just seems it's hella behind schedule. And they had the gall to even ask if they should do yet more stretch goals with it. Just get it out the fucking door already.

inXile is the one doing Wasteland 2, yah? What have they've been doing that's disappointed you? I'm not up on W2 progress since it was kickstarted and then I saw a demo a few months ago on youtube. Are they f'ing it up?

He has the sensitivity of a 14 year old drama queen and likes to be offended about everything. Wasteland 2 is shaping up fine.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

wow something we agree on...

Yours truly,

Axis

13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 14:29 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 14:00:
OMG, they took all that money from people, and now they're delaying again! It's a scam!

Oh, sorry, I think I'm in the wrong thread. Can someone point the way to the nearest Star Citizen thread please?

lol

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 09:23 Axis

Agreed Lg, shaping up to be the next 'giant' in the RPG world.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in October; Preorders; New Trailer
10. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in October; Preorders; New Trailer Jun 5, 2014, 17:36 Axis

Zzzz... persistent or go home.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Road Redemption Early Access
3. Re: Road Redemption Early Access Jun 4, 2014, 14:34 Axis

Road rage and Stunt car racer - the two 'driving' faves in my Amiga memory...  

Yours truly,

Axis

1387 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo