Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
12. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 19:27 Axis

Love TF2, but Gun Mettle was the biggest waste of $6 ever - "fancy some more boxes to unlock!?".

I look at it as a support donation, but as a game feature it's pretty shit.

But any oldschool quake player will tell you, please keep milkin what works - we like knowing servers are packed, ladders are climbed, and fun is to always be had.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2015, 19:24 Axis

Target agrees to pay Visa card issuers up to $67 million for 2013 data breach.
Meanwhile, the real 'fuck your ass' government data breaches require more of your time, more of your money, and more of your data. And there ain't shit you can do about it.

but ya... Evil corporations!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 19, 2015, 19:19 Axis

How to Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates.
Problem solved.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 19, 2015, 19:17 Axis

Blizzcon stream and some virtual crap, only $40. Go suckers go, Blizz knows it audience!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Trove Attracts 1M Users
15. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 19, 2015, 19:14 Axis

PHJF wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 11:45:
Oh, and Trove is terrible. It's a grind in which somebody forgot to put a game, like the innumerable MMORPGs to come out of Asian markets.

There's plenty of terrible games, and lots of shitty asian grind mmos. Trove is neither.

It's not for me because its a minecraftish arpg geared for kids, but a great game for them.

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 19, 2015, 11:08 Axis

Bub wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 08:24:
Glad to see this "train them young" on how to gamble and/or spend lots of cash for pixels is getting a foothold.

Free to Play is just like Heroin. The first taste is free, but if you want to go along for the long term ride, you will pay dearly.

Cash shop dressups, cash shop mounts, even mystery paks, Same old nickel and dime pay to win, just riding the low poly, it runs fine on our Dorfmart back to school sale computer wave.

And just like real life, shitty parents won't manage/restrict activities, or teach their kids anything about what it is they are doing or how it applies to real life (and likely not even know or care what it is their kids are doing in the first place), then they'll blame the game, society, and anything else when things go sour far beyond the point the parents should have seen to begin with.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Zombi Released
4. Re: Zombi Released Aug 18, 2015, 23:13 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:59:
Heard this was one of the better games for Wii U. Whether that translates into a good PC games remains to be seen.

We bought this and while it was kinda neat, I couldn't let the kids play it (would be too scary) and not much fun for adults (for me cause I hate any FPS type game with any controller at all).

Their target audience I suppose were teens who wanted M rated games, but it could have been a terrifically creative kids game (like 5 nights at freddies but with all the nifty controller aspects) and would have been way better in my opinion, not only for it's own sales, but also the Wii U initial vibe. How it felt for whoever played it, dunno.

My kids STILL play Rayman Legends on the Wii U quite often (and they have a billion games/systems to play on), but it's one of the few terrific games designed perfectly for the Wii U.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 18, 2015, 22:59 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 20:05:
Axis wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 17:41:
Oct 2014:

Started off very weak, but has really picked up steam. Great game for kids especially -- a mash up of cubeworld and minecraft with a strong persistent element.

Cubeworld could have been huge, but wollay the jagoff dev took the alpha money and ran. Trove trumps it in every way, should end up being fairly popular.

Nothing to add!
Isn't it free to play? How have you found it to be from that perspective?

My kids dig it, ya f2p but takes forever to get the in-game currency to buy stuff (and there's lots to buy, LOTS!). I bought them both a basic late beta to start them off and dumped a ton of my own stuff off to them (and let them go crazy in my club world). I played quite a bit myself during the early beta, initially for myself, but after realizing I wouldn't keep playing, mainly to get them a head-start of stuff.

It's a simple 4 skill grindy multiplayer persistent minecraft with random arpg loot elements in a colorful world filled with kids. That's the sum of it, just put on the filter for the younger ones!

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 18, 2015, 19:18 Axis

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 18:26:
I'm still holding out hope for Cube World because there were a lot more and substantial things planned for that game that Trion will never be able to pull off in the MMO, but Trove has been scratching that itch for me lately.

They need to get off their asses and channel this success into improving the server infrastructure, though, as it's been really shitty the whole time since it launched on Steam a month ago. From consistent hour-long queues at the beginning to spontaneous all-day downtimes and sky-high pings at certain peak periods... Now they will force you into cross-region servers to handle overflow in the one you want to play in, because they figure "playing" with nigh-unbearable lag is better than waiting in a queue.

Wolfram von Funck can go fuck himself, he took the money and ran - the epitome of a creep. If he does "come back" it will be minor updates to pull in more suckers money.

Now my son got more than his money's worth, $20 is nothing to cry about. That's not the issue. This dev is a Fraud; not only does he abandon the game, he just keeps teasing the kids with little snippets of bullshit over the last two years.

People like him deserve no respect in my book.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 18, 2015, 17:41 Axis

Oct 2014:

Started off very weak, but has really picked up steam. Great game for kids especially -- a mash up of cubeworld and minecraft with a strong persistent element.

Cubeworld could have been huge, but wollay the jagoff dev took the alpha money and ran. Trove trumps it in every way, should end up being fairly popular.

Nothing to add!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
16. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 14:57 Axis

One of the ones I *wanted* to buy early, but could really go great or sour so I held off.

Hope it's a good spiritual successor to the first Syndicate, we'll soon find out!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Runic Announces Hob
18. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 11:21 Axis

Even average PC games designed for/by pc gamers far outsell any hybrid or console port.

There's always the console crowd who fund halfass pc games (aka diablo 3) because of various reasons (wanting "in" on the new oldschool classic, or sometimes it's actually a good game like GTA that pc gamers want to enjoy), but most prefer to whine about stuff on PC and spend their money on actual console crap anyway.

There's just LOTS of noob devs coming from console background who will blame the PC 'state' for their shitty rendition of a hybrid/port, and there always will be. Then they'll either learn and focus on one platform or another, or get out of the industry.

PC-centric games with m+k aren't ever going to be taken over by the controller kids. They may inundate the steam forums with their "Controller please" spam, but PC developers know who's going to make them money on their PC game -- and it's not the console kids.

And they focus on their own ideas and home forums more than steam anyway, especially recently with the influx of crappy ports and EA flooding the masses.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 17, 2015, 21:38 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:30:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:27:
Doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in, especially when one of the first things that's touted is "smooth controller gameplay" before puzzles and bling.

Hey, don't spoil the fun by discussing the actual game!

Damn yer right, I ruined it.

K then, expansion in the land of 'Mynob'?

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 17, 2015, 20:27 Axis

Doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in, especially when one of the first things that's touted is "smooth controller gameplay" before puzzles and bling.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Seven Announced
15. Re: Seven Announced Aug 17, 2015, 16:23 Axis

At first I thought "daggerfall + thief" Awesome!

Then I saw isometric, and while it definitely sounds interesting, I'd need to see how they pull off the "open sandbox world" before I'd get my hopes up.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2015, 18:48 Axis

The only "pro" gaming voip out there is Mumble, nothing else comes even close, fact.

When it comes to real time low latency, clarity, usability, and security, nothing beats Mumble.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 22:20 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 21:08:
/...A link to a top 10 list of advice for home users certainly doesn't warrant all of this enterprise level discussion... so can we stop now? It's friday.

Couldn't agree more, I got some Happi Bedroom time to get in and I don't wanna be thinking about Bluesnews! Allthumbsup

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 14, 2015, 19:05 Axis

My browser visited Drudgereport and all I got was this lousy malware.
Lets fix that:

My noob ass used Internet Explorer to check the weather on weather.com and the ads took advantage of my idiocy.

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 18:57 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 16:03:
Being wrong has never stopped you before, so I'm not surprised by your responses here at all.

those arguments are easy to discuss without devolving into the usual dick beating.

If it's so easy, why is it always your first response? /SMH]

1. Only the insecure and unsure constantly talk about being right or wrong.
2. I was the first reply, you were the first snarky response to me. You or one of the other clowns always are.
3. You should use /SMH even more, it totally doesn't give away that you only just found out about it and like to use faddish things.

Your suggestions for "security"... while admirable on paper... basically don't apply to the real world in any way. I haven't seen a backup physically carried "offsite" in nearly a decade. You couldn't possibly secure an entire company down to the levels you are talking about for the backup to be the weakest link, so someone packet sniffing the encrypted offsite backup is hardly a real world concern.

1. All small businesses I work with employ physical offsite storage.
2. All large businesses I worked with employ physical offsite storage by way of dedicated/leased line to other offices. The smart ones still do. I've been called plenty of times after people like Krowan were removed.
3. Most "real" hacks are internal (and even those tend to be some angry or curious noob who couldn't hack a PB&J). Easy to thwart with tight physical policy.

Was there anything else you'd like to claim in your land of make-believe? You're an odd one descender, sometimes I think you're a decent guy caught up with the slew of buffoons, other times...

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 15:29 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 15:04:
it's called offsite storage, not online

That is an absolutely hysterical response. Obviously the purpose and concept of how online backups work has completely eluded you.

Is it hilarious? What's telling you not realizing that the only secure way to keep offsite storage is by physically moving backups to another site, and not risking exposing your information by trusting any online backup technology or network sniffers. But since we're talking home users, they pretty much just want their photos and documents so a simple 7zipped pass protected stick stuck in a drawer is more than enough.

Hilarious how you think everyone is ganging up on you all the time. You couldn't possibly be wrong. That would be too obvious. It must be "everyone else". /SMH

More things hilarious to you? It's never about right/wrong, those arguments are easy to discuss without devolving into the usual dick beating.

Its about the same few angries looking to be snarky and insulting. Rarely have I read any real substance from any of you, just chest pounding and insults. Then the occasional "look how smart I am!" by throwing out the corporate training manual lessons like king-troll krowen ...

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo