Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
30. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:22 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:20:
Yes, your copy and pasting the run of the mill climate science denier talking points definitely shows that you have "done your research".

CO2 is plant food... ROFL...
Thanks for thinking my original thought should be the talking points for your labeling of deniers. You just said much more than I could have.

Oh you edited:

Yes JD always provides links, he also knows I rarely do and why. Yet he engages in intellectual conversations and we're happy to work with each others methods beacuse he and I both know we're not hacks like most of you.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2015, 13:27.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:16 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:11:
You can't convince anyone with zero facts.

Your overly aggressive dismissal is typical of those who have no idea what they are talking about but like to pretend they do.

Again you aren't comprehending here as usual, I'm not trying to convince. As I stated, you are only trying to reassure yourselves.

You were faced with someone who actually formulated a simple to understand summary based on years of research, this makes you realize you only have a handful of worthless political links and demand I produce the same.

I've done my research and can tell you haven't.

Yours truly,

Axis

26. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:09 Axis

Nothing, as expected.

If you comprehended what you read, you'd see I'm not trying to convince anyone. There is no "overwhelming scientific consensus", and if you did any research you'd know this. Those same suspect links are exactly the same one on the opposite side funded by the opposite opposition, but no you can' see that can you, LINKS PLS THO!

But sure, keep saying the 97% jobbie or whatever other political garbage took off in the last viral liberal circle, it's just easier to close your eyes and repeat after me...

Yours truly,

Axis

24. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 12:55 Axis

I do see why we don't get alone descender, because all too often you take "that" road. The "Link pls" or it didn't happen. I prefer "Shorcuts" in life because I refuse to actually do what it takes. Links are worthless and anyone who uses "links" as a means of proving X-subject have proven themselves frauds of the subject.

I have hundreds upon hundreds of "links" bookmarked, and forgot about hundreds more - all of which you'd ignore -- hence you aren't worth my time listing a single one. But if the 5 minute google works for you, type it in and read away.

Only opinions I listen to is someone who can actually formulate their own words - it shows they've actually taken time to do their homework. Where's yours?

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 12:09 Axis

To JD:

JD you always have seemed to be one of the few who keep your political sways in check, which is why I'm writing this set of paragraphs because I feel you and a handful of others deserve my time.

I do all my own research when something stinks of political or personal ploy - on both sides of the aisle. I'm on no side of the isle: I'm on my own. I put time and effort into my choices in life because my kids future matter to me more than any attempt at "being right". I do this by listening far more than talking, and forming my own opinions disseminating them in my own words to those I feel are worth the effort - those who may have something of value to teach in return.

The many hours of research over a long period of time have allowed me to make original posts like my last one, which makes sense and rings the bell of truth without needing some political blog or generic link. Not only would the links lessen and devalue what I've learned and put in my own words, they prove nothing. Important subjects that seem to have "imminent world consequences" have to be independently researched, not only when it starts but actively when new "research" is made available.

I have heaps and heaps of research over many years, but I also have hundreds of hours of conversations, magazines, books, and papers, as well as innumerable political snippets from news, union addresses, movies, shows, documentaries, cspan, radio etc. What I gave you was a summary, it would be impracticable for me to go further, all I hope is that what I've stated makes you take pause and look deeper.

----------------------------------

To the trolls:

The world (blues included) is filled with empty headed noise makers with little to offer other than name calling and links to hastily googled blogs, never to show any hint of original thought process or common sense. We also endure the true trolls who hide their heads in the sand who vehemently listen to and repeat only what they want to hear while blocking any form of the "other side of the coin". The sloths in both those groups know exactly who they are, which is why they become so vitriol with me - it hits a nerve they can't bandage. Their life "successes" likely mimics their online "successes", and that's a far more meaningful impact than any forum retort.

I don't physically ignore people with opposite views via forum options -- I'm always hopeful someone may have something of value to say. If I had blocked anyone who disagrees with me, I wouldn't have the opportunity to occasionally agree and creatively disagree with people like JD, Verno, or Descender to name a few - you all have proven to be at least independent thinkers. And never believe that if one recognizes and points out independent thinkers on the "opposite side" is a weakness - it's the greatest strength once can posses in the realm of learning.

----------------------------------

About me:

I love weed, hate abortion. Love the USA, love ALL it's people, love borders, love rules for entry as those working hard to get here legally deserve it. Love income equality, but only from those who earn it. Glad to help out those who can't, let down by those who take advantage of it. I could go on, but I think the vast amount of Americans feel the same way about most things. Unfortunately we're hearing way to much hate from many foreigners who would love to see us destroy ourselves both in but mainly outside our country - those guys are valueless and aren't worth a thought. I just hope you aren't listening to them, they don't give a shit about us.

Why did I write so much today? Because words matter, integrity matters, and it's hard to identify their value in random forums, if not impossible. If you are going to ever give some 'trust' to what someone says, better know who they are and where they're coming from.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2015, 12:24.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
20. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 23:36 Axis

Sepharo wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 22:52:
Axis wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 17:51:
I'd play it if it was a port 'designed' for the PC.

Bungie has been out of the pc gaming scene for a long while, I won't be giving them a pass based on old PC favorites from their studio.

PC Bungie games? It's just Oni and Myth right?

Halo too but that was a port, but yep those are the only ones that matter - they were incredible.

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 19:13 Axis

#1. Climate change is real, like the ground, air, earth is real. No one disputes that it's called common sense - shit changes over time.

#2. The Sun, the Ocean, Volcanics, Producers and the Atmosphere effect vs humans? We are virtually insignificant. Science backs it, but this one really is common sense.

#3. CO2 is plant food. Absorption of the minor extra CO2 that is emitted by humans IS mostly absorbed by plants. Science backs it, common sense says plants will just grow bigger/faster.

#4. Most "global warming science" is not fact, it's very little hard fact, in a very short period of time recent history, almost completely modeled (and goes both ways), and heavily influenced by grants, political motivations, and herd mentality.

Aside from facts, of which I could produce plenty more (again I'm not here to convince, none of you would be swayed -- you are all in on this one regardless of said facts) the hysteria of the global warming religious fervor and gleeful labeling of "deniers" (among the tried and true liberal favorites like homophobes, islamaphobes, racists, sexists, bigot, etc) reeks of cut-n-paste political tactics and sheep, which alone should give pause to anyone seeking the truth.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 18:20 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 18:00:
For those of you who have played this on console, is there any reason to be excited here? We have similar games already, like the BL series.

Also, does Destiny have any equivalent to Tiny Tina?

There's been no persistent FPS ARPG on the pc except for Hellgate Global. There is a massive difference between coop and persistent arpgs - primarily an economy, community, and few hacks.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 17:51 Axis

I'd play it if it was a port 'designed' for the PC.

Bungie has been out of the pc gaming scene for a long while, I won't be giving them a pass based on old PC favorites from their studio.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 17:47 Axis

If you spent half the time asking yourself to find the truth, instead of listening to your elected officials and seeking parroting blogs, you would find yourself, once again, a pawn in the pack of pawns.

I'm not here to convince you, but you are here to try to reaffirm your convictions.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 23:38 Axis

Where were SUV's and smoke stacks when the glaciers in the US melted?

I don't know anyone who doesn't want to work toward a cleaner earth, but this man-made Climate religion is all a bunch of bullshit man.

The only point that is valid is Nuclear power - that's where the future is.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 19:19 Axis

New Method Removes Carbon from the Air, Churns Out Valuable Carbon Products.

Wow, they invented "plants, grass and trees?!!!" Gotta get me some of them, I'm ready to give my credit card!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > D&D GOLD Box RPGs on GOG.com
6. Re: D&D GOLD Box RPGs on GOG.com Aug 20, 2015, 19:14 Axis

SSI was king of the commodore back in the day of DnD pnp madness.

Best "recent" game that hearkened back to these gold box games was Knights of the Chalice.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Trine 3 Released
1. Re: Trine 3 Released Aug 20, 2015, 19:06 Axis

Trine is a great IP. Only finished the first one, but since I never finish most games, even ones I really enjoy, that's a good metric for me.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 18:14 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 17:41:
If anything should be glaringly obvious from these results, it's that they are not useful. "Ashes" was originally a Mantle tech demo and Stardock is an AMD partner, so I'm pretty sure that the results here should not be surprising to anyone.

This is basically a PR stunt for AMD at this point in time.

Not sure why we disagree so often, you are one of the few who seem to 'get it' when it comes to independent thought.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 18:05 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 17:56:
Not quite...

The video game "crash" in the 80's was a combination of "system saturation", and "shitware saturation". There were too many consoles on the market in the early 80's without suitable software to sustain them and the Atari 2600 was basically flooding the market with extremely low quality games.

The "crash" itself really centers around 1983. C64 and Apple IIe's were not effected negatively by this crash at all. It actually caused their growth and acceptance as cheaper more versatile options for gamers than the consoles were.

They were talking about piracy, hence not consoles. I know they mentioned consoles, but again there was no "crash" far as I remember -- everyone of my friends happily had stacks of atari cartridges and couldn't wait to get more.

But all console games sucked ass compared to the C64 (or PC equivalent), and still do to this day. But back then living room gaming was insanely fun, and anyone who had a console was instantly popular...

Again they were likely just parroting what they've read and weren't even around at the time.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 17:27 Axis

yonder wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 14:14:
panbient wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 10:38:
So was the first video game industry crash in the mid 80s also due to piracy or over saturation of the market? Or does it not count because it was consoles?

Also PC market and PC Game market are not at all the same thing.

I also seem to remember most of my peers (all of us taking game design in college in the late 90s) starting with PCs but ending with consoles like the Dreamcast / PS2 / N64 etc. because aside from FPS and RTS games (which were becoming oversaturated - why does that sound familiar) gaming was prettier and more fun on a console. Hell, Soul Calibur on Dreamcast looked nicer on a home TV than the actual arcade version.

That's not too say a top end PC couldn't push nicer graphics, but you needed to pay at least 4 times more money than a console and hope the game supported all the bells and whistles.

People leave PC gaming because it's still a parasitic industry. That's not to say harassment isn't an issue but it is absolutely not the root cause. You're bled of your talent and time and if you don't like it no one cares because there are always more and more young people fresh out of school willing to do it for a notch above minimum wage because they still think making video games all day must be as awesome as playing video games all day. It's not.

And even those who have a realistic view of development will likely have to accept predatory contracts for the sake of gaining experience because the only other option is to go indie and unless you've got some killer IP or come from a rich family or some sort of venture capital backing you up, you're going to need a '2nd' (real) job to pay the bills.

Um, yes.. over saturation most certainly WAS one of the main causes of the major crash of the early 80s. It was kind of THE main cause.

Absolutely NO quality control. WAAAAY more games being made than people were buying BEFORE the crash.

Video games in the early 80s is a PERFECT example of an industry destroying itself.

Just imagine if half the games you bought were the PC version of Arkham Knight. How long til you switch hobbies?

Not sure what reality you guys are living in, but "video games" in the 80s was magical and evolutionary. We're talking TI99 and C64 time, when most people didn't even know what one of those were, let alone any "saturation", and BBs's and 75 baud modems were all the rage...

Talk about rewriting history... none of you must have been around then, hell 90% of those here on blues were likely not even born.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 17:19 Axis

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 14:07:
Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 10:05:
So far performance is about the same comparing DX11 to DX12 if you know what you're looking at.

Excuse me?

Did you look at the charts? Know what you're looking at?

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 10:05 Axis

So far performance is about the same comparing DX11 to DX12 if you know what you're looking at.

However, when we are talking about performance improvements, it's the slimmed down DX9 vs bloaty post DX11 aka DX12 - that's what I want to see.

I'm hoping to see vast improvements, would love me some vast improvements! Would be the only reason I'd want to hack the fuck outta the garbage OS we call Win10.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 09:57 Axis

Exactly the kind of idiot you'd expect to write that article.  

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo