Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1479 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 18:40 Axis

What a moronic article -- works both ways and is simply a part of life.

This junk I just wasted time reading talks about "disrespect" and "sexist" constantly with capitalism peppered throughout -- hello liberal agenda! Diversity has been accepted for a long ass time -- people like her do more to alienate and cause issues.

Sex always sells, and it sells to the women as much as the man. I don't mind it either way -- but I also don't hinge my companies reputation on it so I have nothing to lose or gain, they do so why should we care? There are no commercials in my home for myself or my children -- that's how I handle things, I take control.

But to the hidden point of the bashing article... You don't market makeup to men, you don't market superheros to women. And if a candybar comes along that women love, you say fuck the men and market it to women. Common sense gone these days...

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 17:19 Axis

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 16:33:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 15:45:
I know of no one, ever, in my circle of hardcore pc gamers and clanners who ever complained about PC's being held back by consoles, what a ridiculous notion. Sounds like a console chat on xbox live, certainly not among PC gamers.

consoles have certainly held back game design itself, and saturated the market with dumbed down bullshit

Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 15:45:
And graphics always improve, they are just textures -- nothing special needed.

wtf? graphics are far more than "just textures".. talk about a "ridiculous notion".. actually thats more like "batshit crazy"

No Harlock, completely and utterly wrong. Beamer was talking about capabilities specifically "power" -- read in context before you reply please. But it takes a half insane person to actually understand his jumble of contradictions most of the time so you're forgiven.

However to your point, consoles have not held back game design on the PC at all. Most ports suck, but well designed PC games always come along to prove the superior platform.

And if you bothered to read you'd see I mentioned the "far more" part afterwards for things that matter that actually improve over time with a console's architecture (again specific to the conversation, not generalizing as you did), need to take stuff in context not just cherry pick and make a mountain out of your molehill.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 15:45 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 15:33:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 15:20:
No beamer, the xbone and ps4 will not have a drastic improvement as you saw with the last gen, not even close. These new consoles were only filling a gap in hardware specs, they are sub-par Pc's in architecture posing as 'next gen' consoles.

You will, however, see major improvements with the wii U over time. Not an endorsement for you haters, just telling it the way it is.

Oh, and the Wii U outsold the Xbone the week before Christmas. Again no endorsement, just facts : )

This makes no sense.
How, exactly, is the WiiU hardware so much more special? Because it's less like a PC?

Yes, new architecture, dev time needed, optimizations, blah blah blah -- same as it always has been with consoles for the most part, common knowledge. You just made the same comment about the old consoles, but now it makes no sense?

What really confuses me is that people have been complaining for years that PCs are capable of so much more, but held back by consoles. Now the consoles are significantly more powerful, and close to the average PC, and you're saying that this won't improve graphics?

Which is it - were graphics held back by old consoles, or are they at their limit and won't improve at all?

I know of no one, ever, in my circle of hardcore pc gamers and clanners who ever complained about PC's being held back by consoles, what a ridiculous notion. Sounds like a console chat on xbox live, certainly not among PC gamers.

And graphics always improve, they are just textures -- nothing special needed. It's everything else that matters (ai, physics, optimizations, engines, etc).

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jan 6, 2014, 15:35 Axis

Hearthstone is HEAVY Pay2Win, don't let any articles fool you on that one.

And the D3 Reaking Of Shit? Really who cares... Blizzard North comeback for D4 or keep it flushed -- PoE is the only ARPG worth a shit in the foreseeable future.

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 15:20 Axis

No beamer, the xbone and ps4 will not have a drastic improvement as you saw with the last gen, not even close. These new consoles were only filling a gap in hardware specs, they are sub-par Pc's in architecture posing as 'next gen' consoles.

You will, however, see major improvements with the wii U over time. Not an endorsement for you haters, just telling it the way it is.

Oh, and the Wii U outsold the Xbone the week before Christmas. Again no endorsement, just facts : )

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 15:27.

Yours truly,

Axis

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 14:21 Axis

xbone can't touch PS4, but neither interest me in the least.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
16. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 5, 2014, 10:45 Axis

I call things the way they are with a just a light touch of suger. If people don't like being called a sheep when it's applicable, don't be a sheep when it is applicable. Panicked said it best with all sugar. : ) Except I despise windows 8 for a whole slew of other reasons.

I said I'm a sheep myself on other things. So I was including myself, just in different areas.

Some of you need some thicker skin and add in some humble.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2014, 10:51.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 17:40 Axis

Your problem Beamer is you make every post about what you want it to be, then you ride your high horse down a long road of your vision insulting all along the way, then when you are proven to be wrong you are silent.

If you bothered to read and comprehend before you open your mouth, people may respect you even if they don't agree. Some people don't like me, but they know I have solid arguments when I make them, and take ownership of my mistakes.

You are just a run-on sentence of Beamer...

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 17:31 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 17:30:
Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 16:44:
It's not like them, it's mainstream vs. the alternative. If you're in the mainstream for most everything, than yes, you're a sheep.

Alright, but don't you realize how ridiculously hypocritical and dismissive this is?

Great, so someone uses Linux over Apple or Microsoft. Everyone else is a sheep.
But what if someone uses Redhat. Still a multimillion dollar corporation running it. Are they a sheep? To someone running their own build, probably.

And what about that guy still running OS/2. We're all sheep to him.
And how about that guy that made his own OS. Everyone is a sheep to him.

Linux, for a while, had a larger market share than Apple, back in like 2000. Does that mean the Linux users were sheep and Apple users were the hardcore?

Basically, calling someone "sheep" for using an OS is asinine, immature, and the sign of a mental deficiency. Some people on this board, you two in particular, call everyone a sheep for making decisions you do not. Cutter, you're like 40. Stop calling people "sheep" for tech choices. Stop making giant generalizations.
Sorry, you need to grow up. You act like a teenage girl so much of the time. You're not an idiot, but so much of what you say is tossaway gibberish that is damn near trolling.
I know you'll find this hypocritical and either block me or threaten to, but look at what you whined about Blue deleting from you yesterday. Something along the lines of "haha, toolbag Failbox user fanboys."
Do you not realize how much that phrase is hypocritical because it makes it seem like you're the fanboy, not someone else? Hell, at your age you shouldn't really care what other people do and you shouldn't use loaded weasel words like "fanboy."

I just don't get how an otherwise mature, reasonable man can be such a petulant child when it comes to his hobby. You act like a 14 year old on Xbox Live circa 2007.

Re-read my last post, revise this one, and grow up.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 17:29 Axis

Same backbones, half the price double the value.  

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 17:25 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:18:
Axis wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 13:12:
Linux is not for the microsoft or mac sheep, it's for cutting edge techs who design their own OS to fit their company or their own needs. And that type of ratio pretty much stays the same once something becomes established.

The only way to increase linux desktop adoption is consumers feeling comfortable with it in some way (like an "android" desktop), or a huge marketing campaign for a distro that is fool proof. A few will be gleaned here and there just from exposure (and possibly from projects like Steam), but it's not going to ebb and flow much in either direction from now on.

Linux is for sheep that think they need to be different.

See, I can call people that make different choices than me "sheep," too!
What is it with this place and thinking everyone not EXACTLY LIKE THEM is a sheep?

A 'sheep' would be defined as an individual who doesn't dig deeper on their own, easily influenced by marketing or hype and quick to defend their choice that the majority make. And the vast majority of windows users just follow the crowd because alternatives are not shoved in their faces for easy consumption - this goes for businesses 10 fold.

And that's fine -- it's not a bad thing but it is a fact. I'm a sheep in many areas I'm no expert in. The difference is mine are by choice most of the time -- not by sly marketing or faddish decisions. For instance, I purchase Great Value items from walmart like a hound, my shelves are filled to the hilt with white and blue boxes. And I do it because I do save money, but primarily because I know that Great Value is exactly the same as the name brands I've sheeped in the past. I also

The vast majority simply don't think beyond what's easily reachable right in front of them, and can't be bothered.

Its people like you beamer who constantly contradict themselves and never take ownership that people should be wary of.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 4, 2014, 13:15 Axis

Drupal seems to be taking over the lead for CMS, some big plans a comin - I always preferred Joomla in the past. Wordpress was fun, but a security nightmare for most, can't stand it these days just so many better options if you know what you're doing.

I never pigeon hole myself, whatever works best today I use.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 13:12 Axis

Linux is not for the microsoft or mac sheep, it's for cutting edge techs who design their own OS to fit their company or their own needs. And that type of ratio pretty much stays the same once something becomes established.

The only way to increase linux desktop adoption is consumers feeling comfortable with it in some way (like an "android" desktop), or a huge marketing campaign for a distro that is fool proof. A few will be gleaned here and there just from exposure (and possibly from projects like Steam), but it's not going to ebb and flow much in either direction from now on.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 11:55 Axis

Nexus 5.
Unlimited data/talk/sms.
2.5gig/month 4gLTE speed - total coverage in my area.
$45/month. No contract.
AT&T Straighttalk [edit]

Nuff said?

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2014, 12:20.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 31, 2013, 11:04 Axis

I prefer to have the family games on a family console like the Wii / Wii U, and keep the hardcore games on the PC.

While the Wii U didn't sell well, I would never have bought an xbone or ps4. So I'm immensely happy with my choice with the Wii U - and so are my kids.

Yours truly,

Axis

31. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 29, 2013, 12:06 Axis

So many great suggestions! Coughing  

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 28, 2013, 19:20 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 17:01:
Axis wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 16:22:
It's just the standard cycle of fads. Everything new has a honeymoon period where its the greatest thing ever, then it's used and used until they're finally sick, bored or disenchanted with it -- people then proclaim a myriad of excuses as to why it's no longer the greatest thing ever for a need to explain off their initial unbridled enthusiasm when in fact human nature has already provided the reason.

Yo Axis. When you going to post a jpg for your avatar?

I suppose I should, what do you propose JD? And don't say a giant troll with a dicknose cause I'll do it I swear!! ")

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Dipshit judge makes dipshit ruling Dec 28, 2013, 16:40 Axis

Study says 18 percent of US drug users bought from Silk Road.

Idiots who throw out headlines like this should be dunked in a giant heap of horseshit till they consume a ratio of pounds of shit to amount of words they've written in their "study".

One look at the "Online questionnaire" makes you realize assfools like this actually exist... common sense is gone people are fucking stupid as hell these days, from the creation and absorption then to subsequent regurgitation of bullshit.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 16:29 Axis

Indie Mac Bundle is $20. Yes I'm laughing.

I picked up Marvel lego on GMG the other day for like $8 or something -- fun game. Bought it for my kids, I ended up playing it for awhile.

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 28, 2013, 16:22 Axis

It's just the standard cycle of fads. Everything new has a honeymoon period where its the greatest thing ever, then it's used and used until they're finally sick, bored or disenchanted with it -- people then proclaim a myriad of excuses as to why it's no longer the greatest thing ever for a need to explain off their initial unbridled enthusiasm when in fact human nature has already provided the reason.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1479 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo