Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1444 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:39 Axis

MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:36:
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:20:
Uggh, for $40, you'd think they'd add more than one act...

It still got a lot right, like combat. Much more snappy and responsive than something like PoE.

And much more hacked with a ruined economy built upon a character 'customization' that is full-on laughably restricted... unlike PoE.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:28 Axis

The $40 is just to shank some more fannyboi suckers a bit more, has nothing to do with anything else.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:09 Axis

March, think that's the time grass starts to grow... I'll be doing that if it's a toss up between the two.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 11:42 Axis

Or it could be adults just not really excited about all the children hanging around, but ya whatever.

If you don't think POE's community was a solid force of mature (which it's steadily gone down as it becomes more 'mainstream'), I'd love to hear your opinion of a game community that IS to write home about.

Aside from Firefall and Cardhunter, POE is one of the few recent communities that have been a pleasure to be a part of.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 09:41 Axis

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 08:58:
Axis wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:19:
Yes!The only problem at this point is it gets inundated with boneheads and naysayers who 'suddenly' like it and crowd the global with dipshitspew -- most of which just left D3 after fooling themselves long enough...

Dick measuring about who likes the game more is incredibly immature. A lot of people smartly waited until the game was significantly improved. Perhaps some never heard about it until now, gasp. Being snobby about a niche ARPG is about the silliest thing I can imagine and that sort of attitude doesn't help to attract people to the game which is what will keep it relevant in the long run.

When you dig a game and it suddenly gets overrun by dipshitspew at every turn, there's no snobbiness about pointing it out. I know exactly where most of these 'smart people who waited' come from.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2013, 23:00 Axis

You can have em all Red, they're comin in droves.

I'll keep my tighter circles of people who can think on their own.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 19:12 Axis

Well when you look at it from the blind side it sounds something like this (which I though you'd not be from beamer...):

"I heard of Ubuntu, can't play COD can it? Oh Redhat is that shit people use to make servers with the old DOS commands LOLOL such shit welcome to 2013 LOLOLOL.

What's that? You said VALVE is making a kick ass gaming OS? omg OMG I'm ALL about that shit. Oh it's linux? Ya I knew that, been a fan since the beginning."

So ya, linux names haven't pushed the linux movement far enough because why? Yes... because it's not popfad mainstream, it's just linux.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 18:33 Axis

Linux is to desktops like Android is to phones - a linux desktop doesn't need windows games, just their own.

I have a WIN OS for games, and my Linux box for everything that matters including plenty of games.

Don't worry, it's moves like Steam that will change everyone's mind soon enough, just takes a big newsmaker to run with it so everyone without clues get on board And in this case, it's a great thing cause we've been waiting for that desktop explosion to plow MS's ass long enough (which it will inadvertently, mark my word).

F dx, long live Ogl!

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2013, 18:19 Axis

Yes!

The only problem at this point is it gets inundated with boneheads and naysayers who 'suddenly' like it and crowd the global with dipshitspew -- most of which just left D3 after fooling themselves long enough...

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 00:51 Axis

Glad there's some clear benchmarking proving what linux guys have known all along and just couldn't be bothered.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 14, 2013, 15:33 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 14:29:
Axis wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 13:58:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:48:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:42:
I wish they were all just declared public utilities - along with internet backbone providers and ISPs.

Given that you need one massive infrastructure for both, and both engage in incredible price gouging and anti-competitive behavior, that's not a bad idea.

Givin that the government would control said massive infrastructure and engage in even more incredible price gouging (you'd pay what they say in taxes) and anti-competitive behavior (most recent obamacare), it's the worst idea.

My goodness some people just can't put 2 and 2 together...

And some people can't put 1 and 1 together.

ISPs and Mobile providers are "free" markets in name only. They are monopolies and duopolies, which is why the USA pays so much more for less service than the rest of the world. Given how essential to modern life they've become, making them government-run like water or education makes sense. The free market works great for many things, but not everything.

As far as healthcare goes, you make my point for me. The US pays more than twice as much for the same outcomes as other nations. The most efficient healthcare delivery system? Government run Medicaid.

Competency doesn't matter? Is it as long as the govt gives it for free you don't care if everyone else suffers? That's par for course which Obamacare clearly proves. If you ever stepped out of your tiny bubble, traveled outside the US and got hurt in another country you would understand what you clearly don't.

As for internet, it's not a "right" or 'needed' anymore than a car or a phone, you either prioritize it over your smokes and drinks or you don't. However every community has access - its called the public 'works" library.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 14, 2013, 13:58 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:48:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:42:
I wish they were all just declared public utilities - along with internet backbone providers and ISPs.

Given that you need one massive infrastructure for both, and both engage in incredible price gouging and anti-competitive behavior, that's not a bad idea.

Givin that the government would control said massive infrastructure and engage in even more incredible price gouging (you'd pay what they say in taxes) and anti-competitive behavior (most recent obamacare), it's the worst idea.

My goodness some people just can't put 2 and 2 together...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
17. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:49 Axis

I didn't give Blizzard a dime for D3, won't be when this pretend fix is released.

D3: Reeking of Shit is just a regular old overpriced expansion with lip service trying to act like its an apology bandaid.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
71. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 15:40 Axis

MUGWUMP wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 11:11:
I forgot about Tribes. OK. Brings back memories about first learning skiing. I thought I was a genius when I first discovered it.

I didn't get quite the same level of satisfaction from Tribes, but it was still revolutionary.

Tribes was incredible, but it was the red headed step child (and my guilty pleasure) in the clanning circles.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
48. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 09:56 Axis

MUGWUMP wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 08:39:
I don't think anything will ever compare to QWCTF/ThreewaveCTF when it first came out.

Insane-o offhand grappling hooks and chasing down people carrying keys was absolutely the best time I ever had in gaming.

Nobody had ever experienced anything like that.

I think it's impossible to get back there simply because it was all new.

Have to agree -- the days of pure individual skill, nutty power-ups and grappling hooks are gone (for now). Quakelive captures the skill part -- but nothing can compare to being a part of it during its glory.

I played more QWTF than CTF, but it was a tie between lithium and threewave for grappling goodness.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
53. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 16:18 Axis

Sure, all computer games are just like all drawn art but we're talking general meaning of 'cartoony'.

'Cartoony' in eq wasn't silly, it was designed to look serious and realistic as possible at the time.

Yours truly,

Axis

51. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 16:07 Axis

EQ1 had graphics limitations. It was boxy but not cartoony. And gameplay was hardcore, only tough mmo to date most of you would cry like babes trying to play it at the time.

Also had lots of actual roleplaying, another aspect lost among the new generation of gamers.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
26. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2013, 15:15 Axis

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 01:24:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 16:37:
The only hope for America is to get rid of all these lousy asses on both sides (of which are the vast majority) and get people like Cruz and Lee who actually have a clue and real passion to go along with it.

They scare the fk outta libs and repubs both, and for good reason.
Because they're fucking nuts? The enemy of my enemy is not my friend if he's also my enemy. Those guys are not going to do anything good for the country. They just have a different plan for how to fuck things up in a way that suits their unbelievably insane base.

Because they stand up for what they believe which happens to be spot on (/cough obamacare. /cough they were right).

And while you obviously don't realize it now there's a majority of citizens who disagree with the majority of government lifers. You'll realize soon enough though.

Yours truly,

Axis

40. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 15:10 Axis

Hope for the best -- always do.

This MMO is bland -- usually are.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 18:41 Axis

DJ focuses on the music production of things (from what it appears) as do I when it comes to soundcards, and unless you are doing movie music you never piss with 5.1 just stereo.

But he's correct in saying that creative makes shit cards (for music/production) - they are good for games and directional sound but not for purity of sound as an audiophile or producer. Most wouldn't tell a difference as a listener anyway so just go with what you like.

On a related note I don't need quality sound for games, my 5:1 game setup is purely for knowing exactly where you are so I can kick your ass the best.

Yours truly,

Axis

1444 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo