Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1251 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2013, 15:06 Axis

"Under the Dome"

More about lesbian 'moms' and their daughter than anything else.

Show sucks regardless of lesbian shock value.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 15 More Games
19. Re: Steam Greenlights 15 More Games Aug 11, 2013, 14:28 Axis

Tom wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 10:06:
Axis wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 20:06:
The key to a 'new' descent, in my not so humble opinion, is to make the levels quite plain like the original (Portalish art style if you never played the Descent series), and fill them with interesting bits.

The problem with almost every 6dof game these days is they all play like flight simulators -- Descent NEVER felt like a flight sim, it was no-gravity quake and it was an absolute killer multiplayer game. Gameplay was 80% strafe up down left right unless you were looking for someone to kill.

Agreed. Descent had a unique feel. I doubt anyone will ever make something with that feel again.

Closest you'll get is DXX Rebirth. No need to recreate the wheel.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding
4. Re: Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding Aug 11, 2013, 14:12 Axis

I would never fund a project with 'flexible funding'.

I'm glad to take a chance on games I believe in, but not unless I'm overwhelmingly convinced it's going to be released, and even then NEVER if it had some worthless scheme like 'flexible funding'.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Wasteland Re-release Plans
21. Re: Take On Helicopters Free DLC Aug 10, 2013, 20:20 Axis

Guess many of you are too young to know... you needed a manual anyway for the 'copy protection' questions on most games, unless you knew a bit of assembly Hippy

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Steam Greenlights 15 More Games Aug 10, 2013, 20:06 Axis

Hump wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 19:33:
Strike Vector....Nice. Check out its gameplay video. old Descent vets will get a chubby

I had medium hopes for Miner Wars, turned out rather shitty unfortunately.

The key to a 'new' descent, in my not so humble opinion, is to make the levels quite plain like the original (Portalish art style if you never played the Descent series), and fill them with interesting bits.

The problem with almost every 6dof game these days is they all play like flight simulators -- Descent NEVER felt like a flight sim, it was no-gravity quake and it was an absolute killer multiplayer game. Gameplay was 80% strafe up down left right unless you were looking for someone to kill.

Maybe it'll pan out, who knows.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 10, 2013, 15:50 Axis

Ya looks like console bullshit, like 90% of AAA games anymore.

It's all in the indie... always was till big corps saw the $$$. Back to roots, glad for it. I got my new rig parts comin...

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Steam Greenlights 15 More Games Aug 10, 2013, 15:45 Axis

Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 15:37:
Really looking forward to Satellite Reign.

Haveta agree, been waiting for a proper syndicate remake.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Amazon Developing Android Console... Aug 9, 2013, 12:58 Axis

Amazon has an incredible chance of making it work if ONLY because they are bigtime mainstream.

I'm glad to see it, love competition might make Ouya and other upcoming console nubs move and shake or get out of the way.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2013, 11:19 Axis

Newegg has the most qualified review system out there when it comes to hardware, period.

1. Newegg buyers are much more technically inclined than generics at other sites like amazon.
2. You rarely see fanboy posts, and almost never see unqualified negative ones. If you do it's pretty obvious.
3. Many manufacturers take a VERY proactive response to complaints on the reviews.

But I find as far as normal game reviews, there's a good portion of people who just REALLY want the game to succeed and will go at great lengths to promote what they envision as their game of choice. Same goes for hoping it fails for whatever reason. Not too hard to sniff either out, especially after the game's been out awhile.

And quite frankly, people shouldn't give a shit either way. The only opinion that should matter is our own.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > ShootMania Elite Guest Access
5. Re: ShootMania Elite Guest Access Aug 5, 2013, 16:09 Axis

Been many months since I fired it up, pretty shit game.

Here's a few of the many qualified reasons Shootmania is a pile of shoot:

1. The insanely inept and vain dev responses on the beta forums when people gave solid constructive criticism.

2. Shootmanias constant 'announcements' that their garbage game is the new quake among the elite pro gamer tournaments around the world, even during beta.

3. Shootmania has terrible network code which has been improved but LARGELY lacking in almost every way imaginable.

4. Their eye destroying UI.

5. Complete lack of a US community and players, and a sparce EU one.

I could go on and on. There were a TON of accurate, honest posts on their forum outlying the many issues plaguing shootmania (with dev responses that would make any starting community shake their heads in disgust), but they were ALL DELETED. So ya, F Nadeo and their crapola Shitmania Stool.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details
39. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 20:09 Axis

I can see it now... You walk around Freeport picking up quests, and the second you walk out you have to play Q*bert just to kill some rats...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details
35. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 19:11 Axis

Compared to most AAA games, EQNext looks extremely promising.

You can forget about wildstar, just another drop in the on-rails mmo bucket unfortunately.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 28, 2013, 17:30 Axis

Worst thing that could ever happen to a Java version is to call it "8"...  

Yours truly,

Axis

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2013, 18:59 Axis

Beamer, you do have a comprehension problem. I've stated it will succeed on the metrics everyone uses -- software sales, hardware sales, adoption, etc and most importantly time.

I classified it a success based on the fact it was a successful open source kickstarter that does what it was advertised to do, with a whole lot possibilities in the future.

I may successfully run touch down after touchdown in a game, and still be unsuccessful at winning the game.

Could I be wrong? Of course. Difference is I'll admit it if I am. But I'm not the type to stand on the sidelines and play it safe with my opinions.

Yours truly,

Axis

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2013, 17:40 Axis

Glad you guys think of me so often

I'm sure everyone would love to peg brand new hardware within a month of release, but I think most of us are wise enough to know.

Also you'd be foolish to see software sales as the barometer for success, at least not initially, and especially not for a brand new hardware IP that is based on Open Source tech. Forgetting that the 'non mainstream' community are doing the things I'm doing -- sideloading, hacking, modding, etc. which require no purchase of any Ouya exclusive games. Mainstream pretty much don't even know what the Ouya is yet.

I'll be glad to say I'm wrong -- WHEN I'm wrong. But thinking the game is over... you're being more naive than I am hopeful.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month
23. Re: Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month Jul 25, 2013, 10:02 Axis

This game can become either a cult hit like the original NWN. Or it could be a luke-warm temporary distraction.

All depends on the mod tools and community. Time will tell...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2013, 13:07 Axis

Oh it's more than real.

Perhaps when you are in a position to hire people, watch people's you've hired, and have done so for the last 25 years, you'd easily recognize the severe lack of interpersonal skills of many more these days.

Not everyone, and not just the young, but it's painfully obvious which ones do very little face-to-face yet readily exude their texting/forum/internet addictions.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 23, 2013, 20:59 Axis

Kids Who Grow Up Using iPads Have Restricted Vocabularies. You think?

Been saying this for years, but vocabulary is not the real problem. The real problem is many have severely deficient interpersonal skills.

I know a few Blues peeps who would very likely fall in that category. :O

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
13. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 23, 2013, 20:43 Axis

Gameplay trumps all, really that's all there is to it -- if it's fun.. its fun.

Besides, go look at the ships and things people are making and you forget all about the 'blocks'. Minecraft-type blocks are ideal for this space game.

As for starforge, it's been in a weird lull for a very long time, at least in the eyes of many of us who have backed it since around it's inception. Read up on the forums before you buy into it, they have been more obvious with updates since heading into steam.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 22, 2013, 21:09 Axis

Don't know why anyone thinks games that play like 99% of free browser web games would sell like hotcakes.

There's some 'strong potential' and immediately recognizable fun gems to be had, which is why towerfall is selling well despite it's simple gameplay, low assets and expensive (for the ouya) price.

There's alot of buying potential lost due to no easy google play and other ways android developers could pull in some dough with ouya users, but that's yet to be seen right now its all sideloading hacks and whatnot.

Kinks happen with new systems, they'll find their way. Right now using it for my android games (that work) and hacking it for other stuff is way more enjoyable than trying to find a $3 'plays like flash' game.

Yours truly,

Axis

1251 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo