Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 13:26 Axis

InBlack wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 13:20:
Loving the thinly veiled hate speech. Im not saying you guys are wrong, Im just saying youre partly right. Islam is not to blame. Religion is to blame. Period. In fact, I would like to add Christianity to the list of religions that need to go. In fact I would like to add all the religions to that list. Any religion that claims it is peaceful is full of shit. Why? Because at one time or another someone has used religion as an excuse to kill. Yeah, even Buddhists. Don't believe me? Go read a history book on Sri Lanka.

Bullcompleteapoligist shit.

This is the 21st century, not some medieval town with people whose average lifespan is 30 and IQ less.

You, InBlack, are part of the problem with imbecilic statements like that. Typical liberal bullshit that I can't fucking stand.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 8, 2015, 12:19 Axis

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:44:
Whilst that's tragic what happened in Paris today, I really wish the politicians would just shut the fuck up. I physically feel nauseous and outrage when I see and hear these sociopathic, fascist hegemonists going on about freedom and yada yada yada when they - and what they really stand for - is most of the problem in the first fucking place. It's their policies that give rise to this reactionary extremism to begin with.

You want to get serious? Then let's get serious. No more half measures. Take off the gloves. Do what the Romans would have done, level a village somewhere over there everytime they pull some shit like this here. We need to be either all in or not at all on this bullshit. Those Muslims are killing the wrong people anyway. It's their leaders selling them out for a fast buck. If you have to riot and kill because someone pokes fun at your religion, than it's actually a cult and you may want to question being part of it. If God is so great, then why the fuck doesn't he handle it personally if he's so offended? Assholes.

Ahh... so the liberal canadian guy misses the America that doesn't take shit from anyone and helps those many countries affected by assholism? Well you got Obama and a liberal world at the moment, you'd think you would be happy when Obama "acts" and it goes no further than "We are disappointed and strongly condemn "fill in the blank".

Maybe China or Russia will help...

However... what does your rant have to do with the 1.5 billion pixel photo?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 11:55 Axis

ldonyo wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:37:
With hardware requirements like Witcher 3's, the PC isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Never was. Just idiots who know nothing about the industry found a new fad to repeat which led to media outlets with equal lack of experience to regurgitate the same story...

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 11:48 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:15:
I'm more tired of the excuses from muslim communities. Its an extreme minority that is not representative of our culture, we wash our hands of it and the like. Do these guys have to detonate a dirty bomb before they wake up and start to acknowledge the problem? There seems to be a pretty thin line between moderate and extreme muslims, many scholars and authors have been threatened by muslims living in western & european countries.

Is there any reasoning with people who want the rest of the world to strictly adhere to one sided bronze age cultural standards? Is tolerance really working? Can these two disparate civilizations actually co-exist peacefully? I often wonder.

You got it right.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 10:58 Axis

But that won't stop Muslims from trying.... too many "extremists" groups don't ya think?

So sick of their shit...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
47. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 14:56 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:35:
Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:22:
Glad you guys think so highly of my statements that you flounder like lost children when I don't comply to your demands.

Quite the opposite. Your complete inability to articulate even a single point of reference for your "opinion" leaves me no choice but to conclude you have no actual foundation for your opinion and are just simply parroting something you picked up from media or a third party.

You were the one posting here, no one made you come out with something so accusatory and then utterly fail to back it up with anything of substance. Here's yet another opportunity, I'll keep repeating it until you stop pretending:

Which decision there? What ideology of hers is the issue? Why is she not qualified for the job? Other posters asked for the same thing and you haven't responded to them either. Its your opinion, these things shouldn't be difficult to answer.

If I said the same thing about a person and someone asked why, I could easily explain my thoughts. I wouldn't necessarily expect everyone to agree but explaining why I believe something isn't a hardship or something. It's less time than it took you to write 12 overly defensive posts that say literally nothing at all.

Thanks for your keen interest in my opinions, I'll again decline to add my opinions and simply point you to the same link of voting fact I posted for you to read. I'd also ask you to reread my earlier statements on the matter, as they covered all your regurgitated "Prove it" remarks I keep responding to.

Unfortunately you still don't understand that qualifications and voting record is public and factual. Facts that will be ugly or beauty in the eyes of the beholder, but easily discerned to be liberal or conservative by even infantile awareness of political posturing. I could point out her stance on abortion, religious freedom, unionizing, global warming, blah blah blah, but why?

Why should I go into detail and point out that 8 out of the 11 stances she took on just that ONE link I posted is textbook liberal? I shouldn't, and I won't. And you should be ashamed you can't comprehend it for your own self. Instead demanding me to write you an essay on liberalism and conservatism and how her voting record sides almost implicitly with liberalism. You wouldn't need me to respond if you knew the difference.

You know nothing John Snow. Hoder for president...

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 15:01.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
17. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 14:37 Axis

I should be excited for Witcher 3, but I can't shake the feeling it's going to suck, I hope Im wrong.

The PC I just built for my son would eat up it's "requirements" like a small snack...

Yours truly,

Axis

44. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 14:22 Axis

Glad you guys think so highly of my statements that you flounder like lost children when I don't comply to your demands.

Roberts has proven to be fairly neutral, much to the disappointment of the hard right.

Let me guess what one of you peas in the pod will say next... you'd like me to give you specific examples in regards to Robert's neutrality? See Ag, there are mind readers here on Blues...

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 12:00 Axis

Agrajag wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:50:
Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:42:
I won't waste time with those who are known to have no interest in debate or facts. I'm including you on the list.

Seriously, I don't even post enough regularly around here for you to be likely to recognize me, nor have the faintest clue what my politics are nor my debating skills nor interest in facts...

I know that when someone starts a "debate" with insults like "Meh Meh Is English not your native language or something?? Meh Meh", they aren't to be taken seriously.

And when that same someone follows up with a "Meh Meh fuck you very much as well", I know I was correct in my thinking.

Just to be clear, I added the "Meh Meh" as I think that's how you sounded. Called creative license. Might have been "*grumble* Hrmph*, I was torn between the two, ended up going with the Meh path...

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 11:42 Axis

Agrajag wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:16:
Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:42:
I stated TWICE already Verno that I humored you and linked your "proof" of her voting record. Your problem is you cannot comprehend or don't bother to read.

Is English not your native language or something?

No one asked for proof of her voting record... Everyone already knows how she ruled on every case, or can very easily find out themselves...

What was asked for is which decisions, specifically, do you have a problem with and feel reflect a liberal bias? You can't expect anyone else to possibly find those, since it would require them knowing what you think constitutes liberal bias... I know Blue's has some cool people, but I don't think any of them are qualified mind-readers...

I won't waste time with those who are known to have no interest in debate or facts. I'm including you on the list.

Anyone paying even a mote of attention to politics could look through her voting record/s and figure out which topics are hawt stuff for liberals, you don't need me to point them all out. And if you do, then I can only assume you know nothing John Snow.

Yours truly,

Axis

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 11:00 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:51:
Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:42:
I stated TWICE already Verno that I humored you and linked your "proof" of her voting record. Your problem is you cannot comprehend or don't bother to read.

You've tried this nonsense with other posters in other topics, I am not buying it. I've read both your link and many others on the subject, I comprehend them just fine. The problem is not other people, its that you can't seem to point to anything to support your assertion. You came to the opinion so this stuff should not be difficult to answer. The transparent crap about "not worth the time" isn't fooling anyone, you're here wasting time writing responses as it is so might as well just post it already.

So again, what ideology of hers so offends you and how has it influenced a few of her decisions? What lead you to believe this? Something she said, something she wrote, etc?

No you never read that link, which is why you said in two different posts:

Verno wrote:
People weren't asking for anything comprehensive here, you failed to provide even a single fact to support your statement.

Verno wrote:
You can't seem to post a single relevant fact to support what you said, not one.

So in conclusion, I posted a single fact -- a single relevant fact, well before you stated I had not.

That is all, I move on. Feel free to continue attempting to sway the folks who read only the last post that you were right. That is something I never feel compelled to do.

Yours truly,

Axis

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:42 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:40:
That's childish nonsense. It's not "prove it", its "you said this, so what made you think this?". You can't seem to post a single relevant fact, you can't point to what specific political ideology is the issue and so the failure is all yours.

Your assumption that others haven't read up on it is flawed as well, people are just trying to see how you reached that conclusion but its becoming apparent that its just your own bias coming to the forefront.

Yours truly,

Axis

28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:36 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:18:
Yeah no, you don't get to play the "use google do research" card when you made the assertion and have failed to backup your opinion. You made the claim, you get to back it up, its not on anyone else to support your opinion for you. That's an obvious attempt to dodge the issue.

People weren't asking for anything comprehensive here, you failed to provide even a single fact to support your statement. If you don't want to then whatever, fair enough but don't act indignant or surprised if people assume you're full of shit. All I'm getting from this so far is "I dont like liberals" which is ironically as close minded and politically motivated as the criticism against her. There are plenty of liberals I don't like but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs.

So I ask again:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas.

What decisions have rankled you here? A sampling is fine. How have her specific political beliefs (which ones) affected those decisions? Why is she "least qualified", which metrics are you referring to?

I genuinely have an open mind in this area and I've read several of decisions already and I'm not seeing anything big here so feel free to point it out.

That is the only response deserved since you and a few others you like to play the "Prove it" card Ad nauseam.

Voting record is fact, not opinion. Her past experiences are fact, not opinion. I backed it up with the voting record link, I'm not going to spend my time sending you links upon links - do that on your own time.

If you don't understand what you are reading (which you didn't bother to read at all), that's on you.

Yours truly,

Axis

26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:09 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 08:54:
Still waiting to hear about all of these cases where her liberal ideology was detrimental. Bueller?

It starts by paying attention to what's going on in the world on a daily basis -- unfortunately for the majority of forum warriors, that practice cannot be taught (or linked). I know you like to expect others to do your research, but I've yet to see anyone offer to do so.

If you don't know where to start with the all powerful linking, then start here:

Ontheissues.org

Then feel free to look for neutral search terms like "Supreme, Court, Roundup, Voting, Record, Decisions," etc and follow the links. you'll find ones like (just one example):

NYT 2014

Now it's up to you to figure out everything from here. There's millions of articles out there Verno, most are just repeats. Fortunately for you, voting records are perfectly clear and not hard to find. They cannot be argued, they're fact.

Report back to me your findings.

Yours truly,

Axis

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 19:13 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:56:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:46:
Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:48:
PropheT wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:45:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:07:
Pourquoi? Her credentials seem exemplary and (short) voting record seem fine to me.

If I were to guess based on past posts it's because she's a liberally-appointed judge.

The only way the country works is if the people in her position vote according to the law rather than on their feelings, and there's been too many cases in the past ten years or so that have been divided on political lines in the Supreme Court. It's too bad that a few of them forget that they were appointed to uphold the law and not hold down a certain political line.

No. No no no no no no no no no.

The USSC is there to decide of laws overstep themselves. And they often do. Not to mention they often rely upon the Constitution, which is deliberately vague and our interpretation of it has swung wildly over its history.

PropheT got it right. I don't see how you can say "No no no" then make a point that does not dispute his point in the least. In fact, you instead made the same valid point that builds upon what he stated.

ProheT stated political lines need thrown out once you are in the USSC voting on the laws -- absolutely spot on. Then you said NONO, they vote on the laws that overstep themselves. Absolutely true, but PropheT already stated that, you just added a few words.

I think you just like to argue Beams...

As for my earlier statement:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas. (I won't bore you with the many links, you'd dismiss them anyway).

The supreme court is the one place that demands to be as neutral as possible, with the most amount of courtroom experience possible -- regardless of party lines, this is what we all should shoot for.

Huh?
Prophet said they need to vote based on law.
I said no, because sometimes the law is wrong and they need to overturn it. There isn't always law to point to that says the law they are overturning is wrong. Even when it is, it's usually the Constitution, and they rely upon their individual interpretation, not the actual letter of the Constitution nor prior rulings.

In other words, they use their feelings on the Constitution.

Do you understand how the USSC works?

Hear cases, interpret the law based on the law of the land.

Now that *you* understand how it works thanks to my simplified (yes I put it on "Laymen" Difficulty) way to define their primary duty, re-read everything prior to saying "Huh?" and realize that were wrong in "No No"ing Prophet...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
10. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 14:58 Axis

LittleMe wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:12:
D_K_night wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:23:
A dedicated LoL line? What does this mean for Net Neutrality?

Very likely prohibited under Net Neutrality since it would give special, preferential treatment, to the game's traffic flow.

Net Neutrality is more about 'fairness' than innovation.

Net Neutrality is about Government running it, nothing else. Fairness to one person is corruption to another.

As always in life, the only way to play your cards is with your ambition, voice, and wallet. The less those 3 things matter in your life, the more screwed you become... fair or not.

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 14:47 Axis

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:13:
"I have to say, everything in my—it should be that you should not be able—if a parent doesn't want her kids to buy violent video games, that should be the parents'—it should be that this law was OK, I guess is what I'm saying."

Apparently the ability to make a coherent sentence is no longer required to serve on the Supreme Court.

lol qft

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 14:46 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:48:
PropheT wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:45:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:07:
Pourquoi? Her credentials seem exemplary and (short) voting record seem fine to me.

If I were to guess based on past posts it's because she's a liberally-appointed judge.

The only way the country works is if the people in her position vote according to the law rather than on their feelings, and there's been too many cases in the past ten years or so that have been divided on political lines in the Supreme Court. It's too bad that a few of them forget that they were appointed to uphold the law and not hold down a certain political line.

No. No no no no no no no no no.

The USSC is there to decide of laws overstep themselves. And they often do. Not to mention they often rely upon the Constitution, which is deliberately vague and our interpretation of it has swung wildly over its history.

PropheT got it right. I don't see how you can say "No no no" then make a point that does not dispute his point in the least. In fact, you instead made the same valid point that builds upon what he stated.

ProheT stated political lines need thrown out once you are in the USSC voting on the laws -- absolutely spot on. Then you said NONO, they vote on the laws that overstep themselves. Absolutely true, but PropheT already stated that, you just added a few words.

I think you just like to argue Beams...

As for my earlier statement:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas. (I won't bore you with the many links, you'd dismiss them anyway).

The supreme court is the one place that demands to be as neutral as possible, with the most amount of courtroom experience possible -- regardless of party lines, this is what we all should shoot for.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 10:10 Axis

Kagan has never had any business being in the supreme court -- what an embarrassment.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
11. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 12:16 Axis

How about cutting all the fluff annoying cutscenes immediately when we want to without having to hack some shit. That would at least make me want to load up the game.

Then remove the 5-second-a-pop skinning animation among other long useless in-game animations that adds nothing but time wasting. That would make me want to play the game for more than 5 minutes.

Start with the basics...

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo