Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1251 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
38. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 12:24 Axis

Having just bought the Origin Bundle, I can officially say Origin is complete and utter shit.

As soon as I saw I needed to download a browser plugin to run BF3, I knew these guys were complete amateurs. I'll run a shitty version of Steam (called "Origin) reluctantly, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna load more and more shit I don't need.

I uninstalled Origin immediately. I just never give a shit, I have too many hobbies to begin with -- easy uninstall.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Early Access
3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 00:19 Axis

Think I'd have maybe an hour's worth of fun with this at best from what I've seen so far.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
53. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 20, 2013, 00:13 Axis

Most of you regular guys are way too uptight and quick to hold each others hands in sad denial.

Glad I don't frequent this forum cesspool of brownnewsers expected regurgitation often enough to care.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access
8. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 00:06 Axis

So many hours on my amiga playing M&M, especially up to xeens. Still not gonna get this for early access unless I see something other than single player, no reason to spoil it early.  

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 19, 2013, 15:43 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:16:
The game has been out for a long time now, people have plenty of info to make up their own mind. The game was obviously a financial success, whether it will it holds up for years to come will depend on expansions more than anything else. I'm sure they appreciate all of this free PR though

I'd love for the game to 'take off' with some surprising expansion that makes it worth playing more -- I have a bazillion gems just waiting to be used.

I really don't care what game/company/ip/platform succeeds or fails, whether I like it or not. I call it as I see it through as neutral a lens as possible and more than humble to admit my missteps - rare as they happen.

Yours truly,

Axis

48. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 19, 2013, 13:54 Axis

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 13:52:
Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 07:08:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:05:
<throws turds at wall>

Cite your facts with statistics otherwise they are meaningless. I still play and the servers seem quite active, as are the official forums.

Dear lord, stop quoting him...no one wants to see that shit.

Nin I'm not sure what you have against me, but seriously you can go fuck off I'm sick of your incessant trolling me. And aren't you like some bluesdude, aren't you supposed to be above all the bullshit?

I provide more meaningful honest shit to this site than 99% of your brownewsers who just bend over each other all the time.

Yours truly,

Axis

46. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 19, 2013, 13:45 Axis

Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 07:08:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:05:
I guess my only facts are the EMPTY SERVER ZONES and DEAD FORUMS. But facts... not even arenanet will tell you their embarrassing news (cause if it was good, you'd hear about it)

Cite your facts with statistics otherwise they are meaningless. I still play and the servers seem quite active, as are the official forums.

Cite your facts with statistics otherwise they are meaningless. Show me some recent screenshots of major activity -- and not the PVP shared server maps where all the people are condensed from every single server and the ONLY place you'll find more people in 2 or 3 maps at best. I'll post billions of screenshots showing ghost towns everywhere.

The servers are scarce and the forums have been lifeless up until their FREE announcement. Care to explain exactly how those "facts" would garner statistics? Oh ya, only by arenanet talking about actives which they would never because it's so embarrassing to them.

Who the hell you people trying to fool -- it only takes 10 minutes for anyone who bought it to log in and look around, or load up the forum and compare it to any decently 'active' MMO forum. Almost every 'section' in the GW2 official forum has posts from a month or more gone by on the FIRST page. Or read any of the numerous repetitive posts proving the lack of people from highly actives who actually still give a shit. GW2guru have been lifeless even longer, but that as the premiere site guys for gw1. Noobs everywhere these days. Those are some facts for you.

Keep wasting your breath if you want, but you're only fooling yourself.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 13:57.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 18, 2013, 21:38 Axis

Just built my new pc with this graphics card, z87a, 4670k, in a Fractal R2 with the vg248qe 144hz monitor -- tearing shit up in QL and TF2 back to my crt (no refresh lock) days of nothing holding me back.

Also, Zowie EC1 eco is just an incredible mouse, SO glad I went with that over the DA 2013.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2013, 22:42.

Yours truly,

Axis

43. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 17, 2013, 23:58 Axis

Fair enough Optic. And you draw very well.  

Yours truly,

Axis

41. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 17, 2013, 19:05 Axis

Sure there's people who play, pockets of people who love it enough to keep it going is all there is.

So let me get this straight, you think Guild Wars 2 has a bustling community, servers filled or even somewhat populated on a daily basis? Am I getting this right?

I guess my only facts are the EMPTY SERVER ZONES and DEAD FORUMS. But facts... not even arenanet will tell you their embarrassing news (cause if it was good, you'd hear about it).

And please point me out to any self-indulgent ego stoking boasts, while I tend to stay away from those, they do sneak in once in awhile. I just don't see any that could be defined as such recently.

And the Wii U, well that book isn't quite written. But if it ends up failing, I'll be glad to admit it. Unlike you and your unwavering fanboi love for GW2.

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 17, 2013, 17:48 Axis

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 16:12:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:19:
OpticNerve wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 14:45:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 09:22:
Anyways the game turned out exactly as I predicted, game has been a ghost town after a couple months of release.

Riiiiiiiight... a ghost town. Uh huh.

lol maybe you should check once in awhile.

You don't like to read do you? Check the earlier posts here Sherlock.

Sherlock doesn't make decisions based on one person making a claim.

Go log in once in awhile, you'll find out within a week of logging in every day. Been less and less since the 3 month mark. Check the forums (and gw2guru), virtually lifeless. Sure there's more this week - they opened it up to everyone for free. No Sherlock needed - just experience.

Game has one of the most limited replayability and hold factor than any AAA 'mmo' to date.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 15:28 Axis

Virus's are 21 times more tolerable than Windows 8?  

Yours truly,

Axis

36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 17, 2013, 15:19 Axis

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 14:45:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 09:22:
Anyways the game turned out exactly as I predicted, game has been a ghost town after a couple months of release.

Riiiiiiiight... a ghost town. Uh huh.

lol maybe you should check once in awhile.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 17, 2013, 15:17 Axis

Worth1000 was a great site, hope someone buys it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

34. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 17, 2013, 09:22 Axis

Didn't they claim 3 million sales over 6 months ago? Yes, they did.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo Tease
26. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 16, 2013, 01:44 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 10:32:
The thing is that PoE actually isn't complex or complicated. It seems like it but it's really not. The skill tree is visually overwhelming but its quite simple and most build variations are minor, there are a few dozen core that most people don't stray from so it works out like any other ARPG. The skill choices and gear combos offer more build complexity combined with the skill tree itself.

My problem with PoE is that it's kinda boring. I like the meta-game aspects of it but the core combat feels clunky and stiff, feedback on hits is poorly done, the level design is solid but the environments and enemies themselves aren't very satisfying. Multiplayer stuff is quite spammy due to all of the particle effects overused, I know they're cheap and easy dev-wise but they really went overboard with em. The team is great and did the best they could with their resources to be certain and I think they succeeded more than Blizzard did with Diablo 3 in most aspects. It's just unfortunate we can't get people like that with a budget like a Blizzard team to make something as deep yet approachable with decent animations, netcode and etc. I lost a half dozen characters due to server desynchs and finally got fed up with it.

Agree with everything except the boring part and the clunky combat, tho admittedly I view ARPG's as pure loot balloons -- and we're just creating the most efficient dart possible.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 15, 2013, 08:40 Axis

You have no idea how the skill tree works because you have no idea how the mechanics work. I'm not even gonna waste my time explaing how those 'minor passives' mean so much to builds in so many ways, let alone the creative flexibility that is unsurpassed in any ARPG to date.

PoE scares noobs away, and I'm so glad.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 14, 2013, 22:37 Axis

I haven't played PoE for quite awhile as I'm still waiting for them to get a solid fix in on the desync, but its not an easy game (for an arpg). The vast majority of the complaints are from new players who simply can't handle absorbing many mechanics.

Because for the mass majority of oldschool ARPG'rs, PoE is a dream come true.

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 14, 2013, 14:13 Axis

Companies don't get a second chance with me, especially when they pull the goobertron shit Bliz did in QUOTE UNQUOTE Beta. From deleting posts to talking down to those who knew their shit, giving very old builds (not that it mattered with the limited exposure to the game progression), changing it to console basics, etc etc.

They get ONE chance to listen to the masses. I'm not impressed in the least when they change their tune after they realize they won't be making the extra bazillions of dollars from the true gamers. They were lucky they got their first bazillion from the noobs to begin with.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 13, 2013, 10:20 Axis

Ant wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:53:
Techie714 wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 15:06:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 15:02:
Without the need for any winking, most of those shows come to Netflix or Hulu within a year of airing.

Yea...a YEAR.
Yeah, too long for new stuff. Well, you could pay for them on other services like Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, etc. if they exist.

The Dome is on Amazon. Netflix & Prime is a no-brainer if you like movies and the occasional show but hate time and money wasting cable.

Yours truly,

Axis

1251 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo