Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1265 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 100 Titles
15. Re: Steam Greenlights 100 Titles Aug 29, 2013, 09:03 Axis

Lots of good titles actually. So glad Underrail made it, great game s far.  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
18. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 10:26 Axis

Quest dialog was skippable, cut scenes were not, and there's a ton as expected.

Regardless, I cannot stand the "Hee Hee", "...", "Huh?", excessive small talk dribble of JPGS to the point of nausea.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
14. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 10:17 Axis

After the first hour of being unable to skip annoying JRPG cut scenes I knew it was NOT the game for me.

Oh, and nice way to spin the bugs... YES WE SOLD TOO MANY!!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 14:30 Axis

Don't we all like excuses. 100% parenting, period.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 22, 2013, 18:20 Axis

I adopted firefox during the days most people had no idea what open source was, and I still prefer it.

FF with noscript has no equal imo, and the only bloated browser is still IE. Safari always sucked, but then again I never liked Macs either so I'm biased.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > War of the Vikings Closed Alpha
2. Re: War of the Vikings Closed Alpha Aug 22, 2013, 18:11 Axis

Having played both WOTR and Chivalry, I came to this conclusion:

WOTR is more enjoyable long term and had a deeper strategy.
Chivalry is more enjoyable initially and was more accessible for newbies.

So while neither held my attention for too long, I got more out of WOTR. Didn't play either as much as M&B.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
54. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 13:29 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 13:18:
Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 13:13:
Then again... I would never buy an ATI card, or even adopt Windows 7 quickly when this was released. Especially then when almost every game had Nvidia GPU's and WinXP in mind.

Most games had no issues with Windows 7 and they literally advertised AMD on the intro screen of the game. THQ was just shitty about the PC version, end of story.

Sometimes a refund is perfectly reasonable and Steam does not automatically provide them in all cases. I think this is a good step for the market in general, more rights for consumers with digital products instead of less is hard to argue against.

I can see where you're coming from. I just never trust anyone but myself to have the best chance at a working game which is why I still have and use my XP option to boot.

Yours truly,

Axis

49. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 13:13 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:55:
jimnms wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:42:
This is great news, and I hope it pressures Steam to offer some sort of refund policy. Having a no refund policy is my biggest complaint about Steam, even though there are very few times I've wished I could get a refund on a Steam purchase. I was able to get a refund once, and that was for GTA IV. They basically said they would do it this one time as a courtesy, but don't expect to get a refund ever again. That was when I decided never to buy a new release from Steam. Most of my Steam games have been purchased from 3rd party sites mainly because of better deals. I figure if I'm stuck with it, I might as well pay less for it.

Yeah agreed. It's something I would rarely use but the few times I want to use it I really want a refund. I remember getting Red Faction Guerilla and the game turned out broken as shit on AMD cards and in Windows 7. No mention of it in early reviews and etc, publisher was totally uninterested in supporting it until well after release (took over a year). Steam refused the refund then finally granted it after additional whining with the caveat that it was a one time only thing. I think if you're going to sell something with an unreasonable deficiency then the onus on is on you, not the consumer.

Then again... I would never buy an ATI card, or even adopt Windows 7 quickly when this was released. Especially then when almost every game had Nvidia GPU's and WinXP in mind.

Yours truly,

Axis

47. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 12:56 Axis

jimnms wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:52:
Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:24:
Having just bought the Origin Bundle, I can officially say Origin is complete and utter shit.

As soon as I saw I needed to download a browser plugin to run BF3, I knew these guys were complete amateurs. I'll run a shitty version of Steam (called "Origin) reluctantly, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna load more and more shit I don't need.

I uninstalled Origin immediately. I just never give a shit, I have too many hobbies to begin with -- easy uninstall.

The browser plugin is for BF3, it has nothing to do with the Origin client.
\

I know but since BF3 was the only game I needed Origin for, it was an easy decision to never use Origin again for any EA 'exclusives'.

Yours truly,

Axis

44. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 12:50 Axis

Refunds have been given for the games that deserved it on steam. Not many, but they've been warranted.

I hope steam never offers 'blanket' refunds, but keep doing as they have been for dishonest developers. Too many people who don't read or think before they buy stuff -- would just enable them more.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > WildStar Announces Subscriptions or Play to Pay
16. Re: WildStar Announces Subscriptions or Play to Pay Aug 20, 2013, 12:43 Axis

Right now game is not something I'd waste my time playing. Standard MMO fare but without ANY leveling options. Loot and some other options at first appears interesting, then you figure it out pretty quickly it's not.

On-rails and not much different from anything else out there, easy pass right now.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2013, 12:36 Axis

Hmm, and here I thought Windows 8 was the epitome of no bloat and efficiency, all the brightest OC'rs choose this as their OS...

/sarcasm off

Yours truly,

Axis

41. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 12:32 Axis

Fantaz wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:10:
So where do I sign up to get a refund on Simcity?

you're too late on that...

Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:24:
Having just bought the Origin Bundle, I can officially say Origin is complete and utter shit.

As soon as I saw I needed to download a browser plugin to run BF3, I knew these guys were complete amateurs. I'll run a shitty version of Steam (called "Origin) reluctantly, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna load more and more shit I don't need.

I uninstalled Origin immediately. I just never give a shit, I have too many hobbies to begin with -- easy uninstall.

well then it's a good thing you only spent under $5 on that

Ya that's the only reason I bought it, since the keys were for steam and origin both and I had none of the titles. I pretty much stick to pure FPS and RPG's, but never know when my kids will wanna have the shit scared outta them with Deadspace...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
45. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 12:29 Axis

Only version of GFWL I've used on my PC is xliveless hacked dll's. GFWL is, was, always will be garbage.  

Yours truly,

Axis

38. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 12:24 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Early Access
3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 00:19 Axis

Think I'd have maybe an hour's worth of fun with this at best from what I've seen so far.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
53. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 20, 2013, 00:13 Axis

Most of you regular guys are way too uptight and quick to hold each others hands in sad denial.

Glad I don't frequent this forum cesspool of brownnewsers expected regurgitation often enough to care.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access
8. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 00:06 Axis

So many hours on my amiga playing M&M, especially up to xeens. Still not gonna get this for early access unless I see something other than single player, no reason to spoil it early.  

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 19, 2013, 15:43 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:16:
The game has been out for a long time now, people have plenty of info to make up their own mind. The game was obviously a financial success, whether it will it holds up for years to come will depend on expansions more than anything else. I'm sure they appreciate all of this free PR though

I'd love for the game to 'take off' with some surprising expansion that makes it worth playing more -- I have a bazillion gems just waiting to be used.

I really don't care what game/company/ip/platform succeeds or fails, whether I like it or not. I call it as I see it through as neutral a lens as possible and more than humble to admit my missteps - rare as they happen.

Yours truly,

Axis

48. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 19, 2013, 13:54 Axis

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 13:52:
Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 07:08:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:05:
<throws turds at wall>

Cite your facts with statistics otherwise they are meaningless. I still play and the servers seem quite active, as are the official forums.

Dear lord, stop quoting him...no one wants to see that shit.

Nin I'm not sure what you have against me, but seriously you can go fuck off I'm sick of your incessant trolling me. And aren't you like some bluesdude, aren't you supposed to be above all the bullshit?

I provide more meaningful honest shit to this site than 99% of your brownewsers who just bend over each other all the time.

Yours truly,

Axis

1265 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo