Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1388 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Hate your friendsí Facebook posts? Now you can unfollow them. Dec 3, 2013, 11:50 Axis

Obamacare. Doesn't work on the web worth a crap, and won't work in execution. You think 7.5 million healthy young are going to choose to get covered? hilarious, Obama knew that answer too.

Next step single payer MORE govt or repeal.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
6. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 11:42 Axis

Sure I'll say it... told ya!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
73. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 2, 2013, 19:16 Axis

Beamer is just one of 'those' guys... He goes from 'PC is dead" to "It's dying" to "It will eventually die" in one long paragraph that eventually just reiterates what we all know that things simply evolve.

For the record I don't ever feel the need to 'block' people. The goofs get banned, the others I either agree with or not. 'Ignore' is a feature for the weak.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 19:08 Axis

Terrible sales overall, pretty lamo nothing much worth picking up. Cept Wii U games, a bunch of good titles were dirt cheap. Gotta love that the same game for the other 'popular' consoles were/are 4x the price.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
66. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 1, 2013, 16:15 Axis

Shh guys, lets all get back on that PC IS DEAD bandwagon. I was able to identify so many opinionated dumbasses it made filtering the bullshit so much easier.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2013, 16:06 Axis

Who knew that coke also induced hallucinations... guess you gotta do A TON before that happens...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 27, 2013, 18:43 Axis

34th comment, lets see 34 million for the OLE AXIS!!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
20. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 12:40 Axis

I can attest that ESO is 'justanothermmo' in every way right now (and quite broken in its current state) and I doubt it'll change -- easy pass, nothing new, rehash rehash just using Elder Scrolls IP in hopes it catches some flies looking to land on it's pile...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta for Backers Next Month
7. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta for Backers Next Month Nov 26, 2013, 17:06 Axis

Love betas, but I almost don't even wanna play this one regardless of backing it. However, they NEED my input, so ya twist my arm...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Reviews Open Beta
31. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 18:59 Axis

I'll always choose mass user reviews. Very easy to quickly come up with a solid personal aggregate by filtering the honeymoon gushers and trashers.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
53. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 22:09 Axis

Look mommy, reddy red can do meme's!  

Yours truly,

Axis

51. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 20:47 Axis

Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 18:38:
Axis wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 11:57:
And yet the WII U trounces both in launch despite the rabid MS and Sony Fanniez.

Xbox One Launch Titles Obliterated By Wii U Launch Titles On Metacritic

If only they had someone to sell them to.

Ya, its a shame but all the xbone and sony fannies came out with daggers on Wii U's release, and Nintendo deserved much of it as unfortunate as it is.

Regardless, I'm glad sony and MS made it so easy for me to pass on both of their offerings.

Yours truly,

Axis

47. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 11:57 Axis

And yet the WII U trounces both in launch despite the rabid MS and Sony Fanniez.

Xbox One Launch Titles Obliterated By Wii U Launch Titles On Metacritic

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
20. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 16:01 Axis

Surely, but it's not official till it's official-- we all know how guffaw'd everyone would have been had we made the claim prior to release confirmation.

But sure it's not plug and play, but its not a far cry from setting up anything else in linux, especially with the forums and winehq etc.

The point was simply you CAN run plenty of windows games on linux, some easily others not, but you certainly can.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 14:47 Axis

Yep, all speculation based on Orbis for early dev kits. Nothing firm till now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely delighted as I've been a promoter of these OS's for many years (specifically Linux based, but I`'ll take a more direct Unix OS too). Just a good feeling knowing many would have scoffed at the thought of gaming on a non-windows kernel, and are now doing it without realizing it.

I'm also hopeful for valve's linux success, always have been despite the expected naysayers and stuff like this only helps them. But wine is usually pretty straightforward for most games these days, at least compared to any other things linux users are used to.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 12:55 Axis

Redmask wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 07:19:
Axis wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 23:14:
Was always suspect, now confirmed.

This was confirmed months ago and the PS3 was heavily based on Linux.

The Wii-U still sucks compared to PS4. Wii-U has lost major third party support at this point and is mostly DOA.

And yet Super Mario 3D World is looking to be one of the best games of this year already. Nintendo has gone without third party support before. I think they're in trouble but it's always hard to count out the big N. Their handheld market is holding up quite well too.

No it was suspected years ago with the PS3 and months ago with the PS4. Confirmend about 48 hours ago.

And to the guy saying to let him know when a linux box can run the same PC games... gotta love peanut gallery comments with zero experience in the subject. WINE took care of that many many years ago.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 20, 2013, 23:14 Axis

The real news is everyone who bought a PS4 is now a proud owner of...

Wait for it....

UNIX GAMING!

For those not in the know... that's virtually the same Linux just less restrictive due to the license and a bit more unix'y!

That's the greatest thing I've ever read in a looong time, you guys just paid for an open source box -- and it's likely that the vast majority have balked at the idea in past chats about open source gaming OS's...

Was always suspect, now confirmed.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
12. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 13:41 Axis

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 13:25:
Get over yourselves. With that said, Blizzard tried something new and it failed. It happens in the real world on a constant basis. Blizzard, for a long time, has had a reputation of supporting their games and listening to the gamer. They are proving this with Diablo3 if you want to cry about it or not. I have seen many developers tell the public to go to hell and not change anything based on the argument that it was their game. Not going to let one failure stop me from playing Blizzard games. If blizzard starts to show a trend and their games start to suck across the board, then I might reconsider.

The only thing Blizzard 'tried new' was a way of taking your money. The only reason it was a failure is because the initial voices of warnings finally sunk into the sheeps heads due to needing longer to assess the situation for lack of experience.

The game was a blatant IP money grab to sucker in all the new players who hoped they could relive what made D2 such a smash hit for vets of the genre. I don't feel for blizzard one mote, they had plenty of feedback and they ignored it all to money suck all those nostalgia hopefuls over and over.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
9. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 20, 2013, 10:59 Axis

Like 'you and many others' is a minority... everyone wants to see HL3.

But real gamers like quality games regardless of technology used, unlike perhaps 'you and many others'.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
3. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 10:48 Axis

Meanwhile... the hardcore gaming community is engrossed in PoE and has no interest in Diablo III: Rectums of Shit  

Yours truly,

Axis

1388 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo