Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2048 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 15:38 Axis

Gnite Edgar, I spent many months in my youth listening to your many synth symphonies, especially the Legend soundtrack my lord I loved that so much...  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
10. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:22 Axis

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:17:
Congrats, you're a family of whales! I'm thinking more along the lines of 80% of the playerbase who have never paid real money for gems and are considering how much content they got for the original purchase of $30-60. I'm definitely buying it, I've got 1000+ hours out of the game myself, even if I don't throw as much money at it as you do, lol.

Not sure what you mean by your whales statement, but my son is likely more fit than 99% of everyone here posting. We don't throw money at anything - he doesn't watch tv, doesnt spend money on anything else, doesn't eat junkfood, doesn't wear fancy clothes, doesn't play other games (except wii/wiiu/etc when his friends are over in the winter), and exclusively plays GW2. Subscriptions for MMO's are $14, so adding $6-$16 isn't much at all. And if you played that long -- you'd feel $20 a month for all that entertainment is piddly when you help both yourself and the devs (and other players indirectly).

Hell your dad's cable/phone/internet bill costs about $150 more every month than mine - all about priorities and the ability to make the decisions that matter most for your way of life. And if you cut cable, then your new car, fancy home, smoking habit, daily paper, eating out for lunch dinner, on and on and on...

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2015, 15:28.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:08 Axis

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:01:
That is an example of their PR double-speak on the subject, yes, but there were many times when a dev would state less publicly a more definitive no, it's not in the cards, they had not put any planning or work into creating for one, etc. People have been asking about expansions since before the game launched, and they always insisted that the Living World stuff IS their avenue of adding new content and that we would not see anything like the expansions they did for the first game.

Don't take it to mean I didn't want an expansion, because fuck yeah I did. I'm just skeptical of how much they're actually going to be adding. There's no way it will measure up to GW1 expansions, so the price had better be set to match... I'd have to see the size and features of this new area, but so far it sounds to me like they've just gathered what would have been this year's feature patch (new skills and progression system) along with LW season three and will be releasing it all at once for $30-40 or whatever. Which is pretty lame. I would expect a new region at least half the size of what is currently available (made up of 5-10 maps), and at the same quality and density of content for it to be worth that much.

Considering they haven't released a "pay for" expansion since, I'd say it's long in coming and will be well received.

Judging from what they are promising, I know my kid sure thinks it's worth it. Hell we spend $20-$30 in gems every month, so whatever the expansion is would be a drop in the bucket.

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:00 Axis

My son really enjoys the crap outta GW2, his favorite game by far.

For younger audiences this is about the best mmo experience you can ask for all things considered.

Still nothing like the first, but it's found a place with the younger generation.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
3. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 14:54 Axis

Rhialto wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:24:
wow, I spent so much time on my C-64 playing the first.

Same, I played more RPG's on my c64 than anything else since. SSI's, Ultimas, Eotb/DM's, on and on and on. Most of which had deep enjoyable gameplay that stands the test of time - especially in the engaging yet difficult aspect.

And who can forget the invisible ink hint books...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
16. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 23, 2015, 15:56 Axis

Most games don't come close to utilizing 2g of card memory. Statistically, about 85% of "pc gamers" systems only have 4-8g ram and a 1-2 GB card, barely 4% run 4GB vram. My 760 from over a year ago has 4GB, and the system I paired it will will last for years to come without upgrading. My son's 970 in his new PC this year will summarily last many many years without the need to upgrade.

I mentioned to make sure you buy the 4 GB because it makes sense to true gamers -- not because it's a popular option.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
3. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 17:43 Axis

Gotta wait for the good deals if you want to save a buck as a pc gamer, I got the gigabyte 970 with 4 GB for $250 a couple months ago and it's a freeeq destroyer - incredible card.

Do make sure you get 4 GB, well worth it if you want to stay with your card awhile at this point.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile Ban Warnings
5. Re: Path of Exile Ban Warnings Jan 20, 2015, 20:45 Axis

I'm pretty burnt out on it, but sill still hit it up every season.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2015, 17:49 Axis

Borderlands Online. Been saying we need something like that for years and it's in China only...

Course I'm assuming it will have a robust random loot system in an FPS world that is done in an engaging way. Guess we'll see... eventually.

...Just read it will be a mobile game too... which means it will likely suck unless the mobile version is different.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 19, 2015, 14:08 Axis

Played the crap outta LoX thanks to Horrorscope's mention long ago, great game.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 12:33 Axis

WaltC wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 09:54:
NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 01:01:
I'm starting to wonder when exactly it was the people here stopped caring about the PC as a platform. Any remotely hype title comes along and all sins are forgiven and the $60 transactions start to flow. If you're purchasing a sloppy port and an HD texture pack for $60, you really lose a lot of that moral high ground when it comes to bitching about other titles being ripoffs.

Probably not all that many PC folks respond to the GTA5 threads, but aside from that (for various reasons not limited to GTA4)--yes, $60 even with the supposedly "free" game--is a ludicrous price that only a mongoloid would pay...;) $39.95 is a much more rational price. PCs are selling globally right now at a rate of some ~35M a month, which is more than the PS4 and the xBone combined have sold since they shipped, and in two months the sale of PCs right now eclipses the entire ten-year run of the xb 360.

Kind of puts the true picture of consoles where it belongs--in the small potatoes category. But that's alright--let companies like Rockstar and Ubisoft delude themselves about that. Just leaves more success to companies like Valve and the Kickstarters...:D

Walt got it right. I kinda miss the days of the console dolts parroting the pc dying fad - always a good thing to be handed on a platter those who's opinions don't matter.

Consoles are for casual fun, and the only recent one out there that shines in the family/friend fun dept is Wii U. For srs bsns gaming it's PC -- always has been, and nothing in history or the foreseeable future changes that fact.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 09:37 Axis

Sure, Rockstar certainly does plan how to double on sales, fortunately for them their timing allowed them to earn the "superdip" achievement and get a triple dog dip.

Of course they assume people will buy it more than once. Some do, I certainly don't.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 15, 2015, 22:03 Axis

New report: DHS is a mess of cybersecurity incompetence.

Since when has the government ever run a program "competently"?

Government != competence
Govt = throw a ton of taxpayer money at it and hope it works. And when it doesn't, take more, throw more.

But that doesn't stop the ignorant from thinking they should run just about everything...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2015, 18:47 Axis

I keep waiting for one of the xbone and ps4 games to make me want to buy their "next gen console". Destiny got me the closest (love FPS, love ARPG loot system), but it's a fps on a console so that's a 100% no buy for me.

SSB4, Kart, and Rayman still keep us all mighty entertained the majority of the time (we still play other wii games quite a bit too). Scribblenauts has a new lease on life with my daughter, sucks without 2nd handheld screen for a 7 year old, but astounding with one.

If you are on the fence, tellin ya can't go wrong with the Wii U. May not be the "OMG specs" everyone was hoping for (which are comparable anyway), but blows the others out of the water in terms of family content and accessibility for younger gamers.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
35. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 18:39 Axis

I enjoyed the Evolve alpha, of course I believed there was still much to be done and forgave much. Yyou couldn't pay me to buy it right now as it is, and they got a crazy insane high price.

But it's selling decent it seems least on Steam. Too bad people don't think or research a bit before they buy...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 13, 2015, 14:22 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:52:
Axis wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 11:21:
There are lots of ways people in power use tragedy (even if it's false, created, or perceived tragedy) for political gain - ask Obama, he's the best at it.

By that logic he would be there already then, kind of a self defeating argument.

As I already stated (you're getting as bad as beamer):

Sure there's a few on that list that may not belong there depending on who you ask, but they certainly have nothing to gain. Politically (and geographically) speaking, I'd say they have more to lose. Way louder is that American "leaders" should have showed up and they didn't.

Which renders your followup null before you even stated it. There's nothing to gain, he would have only fulfilled a justified expectation. The majority know his presence would mean virtually nothing, but his absence means quite a bit.

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 12, 2015, 11:21 Axis

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 02:37:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 12:42:
Axis wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 11:00:
Obama sits in his little hole and punches out useless executive actions while ...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman
Israeli Economy Minister Naftali Bennett
Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis
European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker
European Parliament president Martin Schulz
European Union president Donald Tusk
Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg
Polish Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz
Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt
Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras
Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny
Portuguese Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho
Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka
Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico
Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boiko Borissov
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic
Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel
Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat
Slovenian Prime Minister Miro Cerar
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven
Finnish Prime Minister Alexander Stubb
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
Swiss President Simonetta Sommaruga
Kosovo President Atifete Jahjaga
Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu
Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg
Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibachvili
Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov
Austrian foreign minister Sebastian Kurz
King Abdallah of Jordan
Queen Rania of Jordan
German chancellor Angela Merkel
United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan
MK Eli Yishai from Israeli Knesset
Abu Mazen of Palestinian Fatah party
Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
Gabonese President Ali Bongo
Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou
Benin President Thomas Boni Yayi
Tunisian Prime Minister Mehdi Jomaa
Algerian foreign minister Ramtane Lamamra

... all stand united in Paris to show unity on the terrorist issues. Not even Biden or Kerry showed up, though to be honest there's not a single US leader I feel should be there anyway -- they are weaklings and excuse makers in an office built for better people.

You'll note that no one from the Americas was there, either.

Considering some of the names on there (turkey...) and their track record on press freedom that may have been a conscious decision. For EU leaders it was no option to stay away (especially not for UK/Germany) since France is close enough and has nearly the same problems as all the other big nations in the EU.

Anyway, I think on that list are more leaders that are against press freedom than there are for it... pretty fucking sad that they to use such a tragedy for their political gain.

Sure there's a few on that list that may not belong there depending on who you ask, but they certainly have nothing to gain. Politically (and geographically) speaking, I'd say they have more to lose. Way louder is that American "leaders" should have showed up and they didn't.

There are lots of ways people in power use tragedy (even if it's false, created, or perceived tragedy) for political gain - ask Obama, he's the best at it.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 11, 2015, 11:00 Axis

Obama sits in his little hole and punches out useless executive actions while ...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman
Israeli Economy Minister Naftali Bennett
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis
European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker
European Parliament president Martin Schulz
European Union president Donald Tusk
Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg
Polish Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz
Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt
Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras
Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny
Portuguese Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho
Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka
Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico
Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boiko Borissov
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic
Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel
Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat
Slovenian Prime Minister Miro Cerar
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven
Finnish Prime Minister Alexander Stubb
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
Swiss President Simonetta Sommaruga
Kosovo President Atifete Jahjaga
Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama
Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg
Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibachvili
Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov
Austrian foreign minister Sebastian Kurz
King Abdallah of Jordan
Queen Rania of Jordan
German chancellor Angela Merkel
United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan
MK Eli Yishai from Israeli Knesset
Abu Mazen of Palestinian Fatah party
Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
Gabonese President Ali Bongo
Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou
Benin President Thomas Boni Yayi
Tunisian Prime Minister Mehdi Jomaa
Algerian foreign minister Ramtane Lamamra

... all stand united in Paris to show unity on the terrorist issues. Not even Biden or Kerry showed up, though to be honest there's not a single US leader I feel should be there anyway -- they are weaklings and excuse makers in an office built for better people.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
2. Re: Jan 10, 2015, 10:38 Axis

I bought it. It's fun, but I don't play it. Too difficult to start off each time online, solo is fine. I didn't pay for any initial extras and I don't plan to.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 14:48 Axis

nin wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 14:35:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 14:14:
Yet get a little closer you realise they have an agenda of control. Of making it about Islam. Or using Islam to push their own agendas, be it making money or just generally trying to domineer.

I feel like you could say that about a lot of religions, including my own.

What kind of comparison is that crap, Nin? You sound like InBlack a few posts prior, throwing all religions in a pot of shit.

Nin can you say your religion currently has thousands of people killing thousands of innocent people indiscriminately? Raping, kidnapping villages of women and children? Defecating and descecrating holy places and items held dear to other religions? Boldly posting beheading murder videos online and daring the world to fuck with them? Actively recruiting all the useless assholes of the world to do the same?

Ya, keep giving them excuses and apologies -- The shit people say is so fucking ridiculous and ignorant way too often these days...

Yours truly,

Axis

2048 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo