Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1390 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
44. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 10:49 Axis

PoE learned from Diablo 2 and they learned damn well.

PoE learned from existing F2P models, and they learned damn well.

PoE will continue to improve based on what they've learned and will learn.

PoE has nothing to learn from Diablo 3 short of screwing people over so they can make a ton more money. D3 is not a role model to any ARPG in any aspect except the 'throw money at it' one.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 15:17 Axis

I've lost four characters in the last two years in PoE. Two were the specific targeting desync (only in PoE) before I know how to deal with it properly, other two were just bonehead moves on my part.

Currently have about 10 fully leveled in Nemesis/HC that haven't died since open character wipe - desync is not a problem once you know the game and how to avoid it.

However normal desync/rubberbanding will pop up on both PoE and D3 like in any game occasionally.

As for combat / animations... each to their own. D3 is just over the top physics, smash/hit shit over and over with bodies flying, nothing special. PoE combat isn't as flashy, more straight forward due to the vast amount of mob possibilities and affixes which can kill you the second you don't pay attention, which makes it much more enjoyable due to the sheer amount of character skill choices and consequences of those in a specific situation.

PoE combat enters unknown territory once you get to endgame. If you play even one map you'll be on your toes the entire time even if you are highly overleveled - all kinds of random mobs, affixes and possible ways to get destroyed very easily - no walk in the park, completely dependent on your choices.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern
4. Re: Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern Dec 20, 2013, 14:50 Axis

Best guy they got on their team is Scott Youngblood bar none. He was the main man designer for tribes, hope he takes over they need more tribes less wow.  

Yours truly,

Axis

38. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 11:44 Axis

Sorry inblack, wrong quote, didn't mean to add you -I blame the Christmas crazinessblitz!  

Yours truly,

Axis

30. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 08:11 Axis

InBlack wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 05:03:
rist3903 wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 04:57:
Axis wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:39:
built upon a character 'customization' that is full-on laughably restricted... unlike PoE.
MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:14:
Do you mean unrestricted? You can play around with all kinds of builds and get the one that works for you. It is PoE that locks you in and forces you to relevel another character to try something different. I don't mean that to dump on PoE, I just don't see any reason for every ARPG to lock you in, variety is good.
When you can respec your character on the fly like you can in Diablo III, the only thing that differentiates you from anyone else playing your class is your gear. That just isn't enough for me.

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that 90% of the skills in the game are useless. There are a few set builds and thats that. The real reason why PoE or D2 are so fun is because you can have tons of viable builds with each character and the gear is part of that but its not 100% of that like it is in D3.

When people post stuff that someone with even a tiny amount of experience in the subject knows is completely false, you should rethink how you respond.

Only the blind can't see the vast difference between PoE and D3 with regards to character customization - PoE truly has it, D3 pretends to.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
877. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 19, 2013, 21:50 Axis

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 18:13:
There has to be better solutions out there than this garbage.

Undoubtedly. But you know what? No one was doing a thing to come up with better solutions. No one was interested in trying to fix what was very obviously broken and getting worse every year. While it isn't the best solution, it is the only one that anyone has bothered to put forth. Had something been previously done to begin to fix the huge problems with health care coverage in this country the ACA would have never been necessary. Nothing was, so we're stuck with this for now. Hopefully it will be fixed and tweaked down the road, since it is undeniably a mess in its current state, but it's a start. As far as cost goes, health care costs were already skyrocketing before the ACA. It was going to happen with or without it. Rising costs is just a fact of life we all need to deal with.

Oh cmon, 85% of the country had active health insurance with the most innovative and sought-after healthcare in the world - lets see where this shitty Obamacare takes us (even marginally on-the-ball minds know its a pile of shit that will taint everything it touches).

And while I'm sick of both parties the republicans DID put forth their own versions but the liberals, like always, are steamrollers of an intentionally naive ideology at any cost.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:39 Axis

MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:36:
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:20:
Uggh, for $40, you'd think they'd add more than one act...

It still got a lot right, like combat. Much more snappy and responsive than something like PoE.

And much more hacked with a ruined economy built upon a character 'customization' that is full-on laughably restricted... unlike PoE.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:28 Axis

The $40 is just to shank some more fannyboi suckers a bit more, has nothing to do with anything else.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:09 Axis

March, think that's the time grass starts to grow... I'll be doing that if it's a toss up between the two.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 11:42 Axis

Or it could be adults just not really excited about all the children hanging around, but ya whatever.

If you don't think POE's community was a solid force of mature (which it's steadily gone down as it becomes more 'mainstream'), I'd love to hear your opinion of a game community that IS to write home about.

Aside from Firefall and Cardhunter, POE is one of the few recent communities that have been a pleasure to be a part of.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 09:41 Axis

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 08:58:
Axis wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:19:
Yes!The only problem at this point is it gets inundated with boneheads and naysayers who 'suddenly' like it and crowd the global with dipshitspew -- most of which just left D3 after fooling themselves long enough...

Dick measuring about who likes the game more is incredibly immature. A lot of people smartly waited until the game was significantly improved. Perhaps some never heard about it until now, gasp. Being snobby about a niche ARPG is about the silliest thing I can imagine and that sort of attitude doesn't help to attract people to the game which is what will keep it relevant in the long run.

When you dig a game and it suddenly gets overrun by dipshitspew at every turn, there's no snobbiness about pointing it out. I know exactly where most of these 'smart people who waited' come from.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2013, 23:00 Axis

You can have em all Red, they're comin in droves.

I'll keep my tighter circles of people who can think on their own.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 19:12 Axis

Well when you look at it from the blind side it sounds something like this (which I though you'd not be from beamer...):

"I heard of Ubuntu, can't play COD can it? Oh Redhat is that shit people use to make servers with the old DOS commands LOLOL such shit welcome to 2013 LOLOLOL.

What's that? You said VALVE is making a kick ass gaming OS? omg OMG I'm ALL about that shit. Oh it's linux? Ya I knew that, been a fan since the beginning."

So ya, linux names haven't pushed the linux movement far enough because why? Yes... because it's not popfad mainstream, it's just linux.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 18:33 Axis

Linux is to desktops like Android is to phones - a linux desktop doesn't need windows games, just their own.

I have a WIN OS for games, and my Linux box for everything that matters including plenty of games.

Don't worry, it's moves like Steam that will change everyone's mind soon enough, just takes a big newsmaker to run with it so everyone without clues get on board And in this case, it's a great thing cause we've been waiting for that desktop explosion to plow MS's ass long enough (which it will inadvertently, mark my word).

F dx, long live Ogl!

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2013, 18:19 Axis

Yes!

The only problem at this point is it gets inundated with boneheads and naysayers who 'suddenly' like it and crowd the global with dipshitspew -- most of which just left D3 after fooling themselves long enough...

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 00:51 Axis

Glad there's some clear benchmarking proving what linux guys have known all along and just couldn't be bothered.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 14, 2013, 15:33 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 14:29:
Axis wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 13:58:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:48:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:42:
I wish they were all just declared public utilities - along with internet backbone providers and ISPs.

Given that you need one massive infrastructure for both, and both engage in incredible price gouging and anti-competitive behavior, that's not a bad idea.

Givin that the government would control said massive infrastructure and engage in even more incredible price gouging (you'd pay what they say in taxes) and anti-competitive behavior (most recent obamacare), it's the worst idea.

My goodness some people just can't put 2 and 2 together...

And some people can't put 1 and 1 together.

ISPs and Mobile providers are "free" markets in name only. They are monopolies and duopolies, which is why the USA pays so much more for less service than the rest of the world. Given how essential to modern life they've become, making them government-run like water or education makes sense. The free market works great for many things, but not everything.

As far as healthcare goes, you make my point for me. The US pays more than twice as much for the same outcomes as other nations. The most efficient healthcare delivery system? Government run Medicaid.

Competency doesn't matter? Is it as long as the govt gives it for free you don't care if everyone else suffers? That's par for course which Obamacare clearly proves. If you ever stepped out of your tiny bubble, traveled outside the US and got hurt in another country you would understand what you clearly don't.

As for internet, it's not a "right" or 'needed' anymore than a car or a phone, you either prioritize it over your smokes and drinks or you don't. However every community has access - its called the public 'works" library.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 14, 2013, 13:58 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:48:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 12:42:
I wish they were all just declared public utilities - along with internet backbone providers and ISPs.

Given that you need one massive infrastructure for both, and both engage in incredible price gouging and anti-competitive behavior, that's not a bad idea.

Givin that the government would control said massive infrastructure and engage in even more incredible price gouging (you'd pay what they say in taxes) and anti-competitive behavior (most recent obamacare), it's the worst idea.

My goodness some people just can't put 2 and 2 together...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
17. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:49 Axis

I didn't give Blizzard a dime for D3, won't be when this pretend fix is released.

D3: Reeking of Shit is just a regular old overpriced expansion with lip service trying to act like its an apology bandaid.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
71. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 15:40 Axis

MUGWUMP wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 11:11:
I forgot about Tribes. OK. Brings back memories about first learning skiing. I thought I was a genius when I first discovered it.

I didn't get quite the same level of satisfaction from Tribes, but it was still revolutionary.

Tribes was incredible, but it was the red headed step child (and my guilty pleasure) in the clanning circles.

Yours truly,

Axis

1390 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo