Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
8. Re: Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP Sep 16, 2013, 21:04 Axis

DangerDog wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 20:55:
I can't even imagine how much money they've spent developing this game, played the PvE for a little bit and then uninstalled.

Everyone complains that there's nothing but recycled modern military shooters but I think they went off the deep end in terms of the design for this game.

They should make PvE defend and destroy classic from Tribes, I loved playing that mode.

They seem to really be underusing their talent, or maybe they're all just bought into the whole PvE killing bugs crap.

I envisioned FireFall as an action RPG Tribes-inspired FPS shooter with their focus on world pvp (similar to Planetside) and areas for pure PvE if you wanted, but also old-school pvp match modes that Tribes had for tourneys/esports.

It's everything but that unfortunately., and I don't see how it can pull enough gamers to play their bugkill for very long.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
6. Re: Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP Sep 16, 2013, 20:38 Axis

It never 'started' as a wow clone, that's just insane ignorance cutter.

I still have high hopes for Firefall. I would never 'grind' it's current PvE mode, but I dislike most FPS PvE to begin with and repeatedly killing bugs gets old super fast.

But their PvP is what I've always envisioned them as focusing on, at least because that's what Scott did with his old Tribes IP and he did it wonderfully at the time.

I hope they focus on PvP, not just matches but real world for the same type of rewards. I just can't see their current PvE holding too many for too long.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Godus Early Access
9. Re: Godus Early Access Sep 15, 2013, 18:21 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 15:43:
I'll get this if there isn't anything else out good, which is doubtful there won't be. Just had way too much of PM's arrogance. So it is going to have to be phenomenal to get my $.

I didn't write the following quote, but it's pretty much spot on and a major reason why I will always support Pete M's efforts (at least on the PC):
Yes: letís not give the industry veteran, one of the very few who survived the 90s and 00s, and is still willing to try to fucking innovate instead of, for example, turn one of the most popular casual tower defense games ever into a F2P cover based shooter because of marketing trends.

I donít even care about the quality of Peteís games anymore. The fact that heís still out there trying his best helps keep me from murdering game publishing executives. Godus is already better than this yearís Call of Duty because this yearís CoD is indistinguishable from last yearís CoD. And now this yearís PvZ is indistinguishable from CoD. But Peter is out there and thatís why EAís execs remain unmurdered for the time being.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
22. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 14:53 Axis

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:22:
I can understand why they skip the PC at launch.

To "encourage" people to buy the console version first, and the pc version again later.

Gee didn't I just say that? lol

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
6. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 11:26 Axis

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:07:
There's already been a since pulled listing for a PC sku in France. I think GTA 5 coming to PC is kinda a no brainer. Shame Rockstar isn't capable of putting out PC ports at the same time as the console versions, like every other developer in fucking existence.

For a game like GTA which is always better on a PC, it's a sales strategy -- they know many people will buy it on a console, then on a PC.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 15, 2013, 11:24 Axis

That's because a good portion of folks can't find jobs -- not because of any company turnaround.

It's terribad out there for a ton of people despite the media spin spin spin. Ask your recent graduates, your neighbors, etc -- get out once in while, turn off the spin, and find out for yourself.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION Sep 15, 2013, 11:19 Axis

I know people love KOF, I could never get into it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Godus Early Access
2. Re: Godus Early Access Sep 15, 2013, 11:17 Axis

Couldn't disagree more eR, game is shaping up to be damn fine for only 40% completion.

There's issues that need ironed out, the land building feels off sometimes (till you get used to the double clicking), the clickfest of follower bubbles gets annoying, etc. they need a sandbox mode as well so we can test the bigger stuff sooner.

But the basic premise is certainly the type of games Pete M fans expect.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 13:37 Axis

Lets fix that one statement:

PlanetSide 2 on PS4 "the same as on PC except terrible FPS controls with maxed out settings due to our 30FPS cap." say Sony.

I'll be glad to compare my "maxed" Planetside 2 settings with the PS4's, and I don't run less than 80FPS -- and only if I feel like looking at pretty shit.

Otherwise 99.9% of the time I turn all the stupid bling off (like I do with every competitive game) and PWNJOOFACE with a 144hz refresh and frame lock that most gamers don't know about, don't know how to achieve if they did, and have no idea of its 'overpowered' significance.

But hey, have fun (I'm sure the game will be on the PS4). Just don't think you can compare to a PC. Ever.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 16:42 Axis

I think most people like myself are expecting Nintendo to do something major come the holiday for the Wii U -- that really is their only chance they've had since blowing their lame launch.

Doesn't matter to me, its an easy pass on xbone and ps4 since consoles are only played casually in my home and we get plenty of that with what we have.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
43. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 16:35 Axis

It's just not bluesy.

Plus I prefer the days of blue and voodooextreme when there wasn't a massive social mess and a constant reminder of it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Next Car Game on Greenlight
1. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 10:55 Axis

I dont play them often, but I do enjoy me some smashemup car games.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 7, 2013, 13:48 Axis

Just gonna chime in here again I'm *extremely* hopeful for Godus.

My first true multiplayer experience was Populous in 1991. We ran a null modem cable to our Amiga's through the windows of our Air Force dorms and played so much we ached.

So yes I'm biased -- I always held out hope for good ole Pete.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
6. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 10:59 Axis

Having looked at their goals per dollar, I think they can pull it off easily. They aren't offering everything under the sun for a few bucks -- 500k gets you an additional ship, a million for better cutscenes, etc.

Those kind of realistic goals give people confidence that they won't be wasting their money. Time will tell...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
36. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Sep 5, 2013, 15:19 Axis

Between steam sales and indie bundles providing steam keys, I get titles ridiculously cheap with the benefit of only ONE digital distro app.

Only other place I'll buy is direct download (like amazon or GoG) so I don't have to run more apps... haven't bothered with physical media for umpteen years.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rayman Legends
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rayman Legends Sep 4, 2013, 07:58 Axis

Best game ever on the Wii U. That makes 1 game so far the best ever on Wii U haha!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 09:45 Axis

Wish I could get into these types of games. They look epic but just not my thing.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Labor Day Consolidation
4. Re: Labor Day Consolidation Sep 2, 2013, 19:43 Axis

Official Diablo 3 strategy guide for the console? LOL I won't even go there...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Open Beta
6. Re: Tactical Intervention Open Beta Sep 1, 2013, 15:02 Axis

fatguy wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 11:33:
I'm sure you got the full game experience in 11 minutes of game time.

My experience in games says I did, so you're right.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Open Beta
4. Re: Tactical Intervention Open Beta Sep 1, 2013, 10:24 Axis

Played it for 15 minutes. 4 of those minutes were waiting in the lobby timeout to count down, 11 of them were run-of-the-mill team-based shooter gameplay that brings nothing at all to the table. Uninstalled.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo