Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1513 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 21:54 Axis

Killswitch wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 21:40:
Fletch wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 20:36:
I have no problem with Amazon raising the subscription fee. It's still more than worth it to me.

Sounds to me like you're a prime example of why they're raising the fee.

Never know! There's the slight possibility it may have just a leeetle bit to do with us ordering a $5 bag of beef jerky and have it sent within 2 days!

There's plenty of people who would balk at the fee raise, yet waste thousands of dollars on their chosen luxuries like smoking, going out to eat, cable TV, or other things I've given up over the years.

I can afford to pick them back up these days, but man no thanks - I'll just stick with stuff like Prime : )

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 21:17 Axis

Prime is a luxury. It's one of those luxuries you get used to and don't want to live without.

I'm fine with them raising the price -- it's well worth it and a luxury I'll keep.

Oh and ya IE sure is doing well. /laf

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Edge of the Mists Trailer
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Edge of the Mists Trailer Jan 29, 2014, 13:57 Axis

GW2 has followed the exact path I expected. Not a worthy successor to GW1 and zero longevity for the vast majority, but worth a playthrough.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2014, 09:55 Axis

Greater minds than us have debated it, and it's pretty clear where the truth lies if you're honest with yourself.

The vast majority of that truth is on the side that natural occurrence of CO2 far outweighs any human, a few percent based on the last time I actually cared to look at statistics. And the natural workings of our universe trump all.

I don't know anyone who doesn't prefer cleaner burns, less litter, fresher water, by all means keep working on those technologies. But demonizing our energy use without dictating the energy use of the rest of the world is naive and self-defeating at best, and statistically wouldn't make an iota of difference.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
13. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 28, 2014, 09:30 Axis

Cutter is just a regurgitator, rarely thinks for himself.

However M/K are pretty worthless on consoles, and if you don't know the difference between a M/K on a console vs a PC you shouldn't be running a gaming shop.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2014, 20:24 Axis

I guessed at least half won't deliver with my unscientific vast experience -- pretty damn close to that scientific guy eh?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2014, 20:18 Axis

This "Human energy use is the enemy to cooler conditions" bullshit has had it's silly run ended.

But no one denies our climate changes, do they? You'd be amazed what the sun, gravity, and time can do! But ya, lightbulbs...

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 26, 2014, 20:43 Axis

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 19:09:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:41:
And so much for EQ Next. You'd think those idiots would have learned from the failure that's DCUO. MMOs do not belong on consoles. I don't some shitty control scheme because it has to be designed for console controllers. Pass.

You are aware that they can still use mice and keyboards on the PS4, right?

You are aware of the PS4 or any console mouse and keyboard limitations, right?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
28. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2014, 16:59 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 16:35:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 09:42:
Oh look liberals deflecting for Obama on Blue's News again. I AM SHOCKED.

B-b-but Bush! B-b-but Romney! B-b-but Republicans! Obama is President NOW. The Democrats still hold majority control of the government NOW. Stop being an apologist for the current disastrous administration by deflecting to another. Is a little honesty even possible for liberals?

When the Dems were out of power, they still worked with Repubs. Since being elected, the Repubs planned and executed to completely block any and all of Obama's initiatives. It's unprecedented in our history. You can't on the one hand prevent the man from accomplishing anything, and on the other blame him for everything.

All spinning hogwash JD, not even close. It's Obama who is unwavering.

The only real 'unprecedented in history' is Obama's blame game, and his shoving Obamacare down our throats when he had supermajority.

Obama puts down everyone who doesn't 'do what he says' on stage from republicans to news networks, you name it, and he never takes responsibility for anything. Republicans early on were chastised, then demanded them to 'choose me' or I won't sign a damn thing - and he didn't. The many things the republicans did go along with, most I didn't agree with a bit - they had their chance to stand up to the guy to reach even a somewhat middle-ground and blew it every time.

Me, I plan on voting for people like Rand, Cruz, Lee, etc. They have conviction, balls, and ideas. Everyone else in Washington is a regurgitated puppet.

I could go on, but really who cares. Obama terrible president and less likable every day.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 26, 2014, 12:08 Axis

It was obvious EqNext was designed with a console focus based on their videos -- going right down the road of Diablo 3 development but at least honest from the start - dumbing down options and customization to work well on consoles.

Could still be fun, could suck. Too far out to make fun-factor judgements. I'll be in the friends and family for the PC and will find out soon enough.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 20:59 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 20:05:
Axis wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 12:13:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 11:34:
Gee, what a surprise. Assholes that started it now want to end it....because it's unpopular...since they've been caught.

"Assholes" were the last time Democrats and Republicans AGREED, and it was NOTHING like Obama has been doing. So you can thank the majority of America for starting it, but Obama certainly has corrupted it. Inaction is worse than some kind of action, and Obama is the King of "What? Where? Who?" I have no fucking clue what's happened, happening or going to happen"

Now we have Divider in Chief 6 years later and you guys are STILL stuck on "lets hate bush nostalgia".

1. Using derogatory talk radio terms for the president reveals that your arguments are not ones that your came up with on your own after careful deliberation, but that they're unquestioningly repeated from talk radio.

2. The abuse is not something new that Obama ordered, it has been going on from the beginning. Educate yourself.

3. This administration IS wrong in defending the level of surveillance that has been going on and civil liberties violations have been one of this administrations chief failings. As the president said in his speech the other day (forced by the Snowden revelations), it's time to scale back. However, IT IS THE REPUBS who are suddenly saying "What? Where? Who? It's unconstitutional!" when they've started it, they supported it, and they've known all along. It's fcking hypocritical, and it's disgusting. Thus the deserved derision directed toward them.

1. The president is all you have to listen to to, no radio needed. All we hear from him and his dopes is Class warfare bullshit, Income Inequality, "those guys hate women/gays/minorities/", Corporations are the bad guys, Rich people are the bad guys, bad taxpayers should pay for the uninsured, bad taxpayers should keep paying disability/welfare/unemployment forever so my shit economy can look brighter while I spend us to oblivion, War on THE SUN and blaming consumption. On and on I don't even need to think about it he yells that shit every day in some way shape or form.

Look around you man, you see hope and change for those who voted him in? Hell I long for the days when we incessantly hear the media bleeting anger at Bush all day long - at least "the people" got along. Wake up and smell the coffee Obama is completely inept and history will prove it, right now he gets a giant pass and few dare look deeper.

2. No one said Obama ordered it, it became a corrupted mess under his watch with his continued "Huh?" mentality as he signed the extension with an "autopen".

3. Re-read my links to get back into your head who "started" and "supported" it - democrats, republicans, Americans. But it sure as hell got totally out of control under Obama's watch and there is no defense for it. Well maybe "Huh?", but we all know that shit is getting old.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
54. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 25, 2014, 19:47 Axis

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 16:32:
Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 22:48:
Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 22:04:
Redmask you satisfied? You got two!

You're on shitlist from now on, not wasting a single more iota of my time or reading space. Good luck with your mental issues.

I find it's worth the 2 seconds to ignore someone to save my sanity. Axis is already there, so he must not have changed.

Thanks X7, please don't take me off of it. I really don't like conversations with the weak.

Since I'm never afraid to be wrong and highly insulting comments get deleted anyway, I have no need to use an 'ignore' feature. Ever.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dungeonforge Kickstarter
10. Re: Dungeonforge Kickstarter Jan 25, 2014, 15:43 Axis

I'm always glad for RPG's to be in the works. The issue last time was the indygogo 'flexible funding' scheme.  

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 15:35 Axis

Educate Yourself

And the extension?

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 12:13 Axis

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 11:34:
Gee, what a surprise. Assholes that started it now want to end it....because it's unpopular...since they've been caught.

"Assholes" were the last time Democrats and Republicans AGREED, and it was NOTHING like Obama has been doing. So you can thank the majority of America for starting it, but Obama certainly has corrupted it. Inaction is worse than some kind of action, and Obama is the King of "What? Where? Who?" I have no fucking clue what's happened, happening or going to happen"

Now we have Divider in Chief 6 years later and you guys are STILL stuck on "lets hate bush nostalgia".

Yours truly,

Axis

51. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 22:04 Axis

Redmask you satisfied? You got two!  

Yours truly,

Axis

47. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 18:02 Axis

Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 17:52:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 17:10:
Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 16:28:
Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 16:22:
I'll sign autographs someday, right now I'm too busy yawning at all this backscratching going on...

Huh?
His comment was just a comment. He can't help it if you read so much into it.

Anyway, I think we're all just feeding the ego/troll.

POW! Zinnnggggg!

Rifle

Yeah he got owned, his own fault for not knowing when to shut the fuck up and leave bad enough alone.

JD, Verno, Beamer, care to give redmask his obligatory reach-around?

This thread is hilarious! The four posters who got butthurt along the "lets argue with Axis" highway in the past banding together to troll and insult while calling out "foul!" and patting each others backs.

See yas in the next thread, least we know you all follow me around like a puppy wanting to be pet...

Yours truly,

Axis

45. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 17:25 Axis

Pitiful attempt really. Beamer was just biting at the bit thinking "I can't wait to use Axis's cool comment for myself!" and used it when it wasn't even remotely applicable.

But hey you guys wanna make sweet trolltext-love to one another then let the blues denizens observe!

Yours truly,

Axis

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 16:22 Axis

I'll sign autographs someday, right now I'm too busy yawning at all this backscratching going on...  

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 15:17 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 14:46:
Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:28:
Again where do read into my comments of my own enjoyment somehow dictating success or failure? Can't argue with reality, it's not selling well and I've stated as much time and time again.

Yeah no sugar coating it, you were wrong about the Wii U. As for its success/failure, the comment that "well I enjoyed it so whatever" comes off looking like handwaving. People tend to have confirmation bias with their purchases so when people bring it up in a discussion about other stuff things get a bit distorted. You sort of brought this on yourself anyway by making the snarky comment about FPS.

So far yes I've been wrong about the Wii U's success. And?

As for my FPS comment, it's just a comment. I can't help you guys read so much into what I say, guess you're just an Axis fan, so thanks!

Yours truly,

Axis

1513 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo