Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1251 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: NotOnSteamSale Oct 3, 2013, 08:24 Axis

Desura started off decent enough, but now is terrible -- most users who use the app often experience the applications hanging during install and never go anywhere.

I still get keys for it for some indies deals, but I log onto the website and download the software manually without using the application.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 2, 2013, 15:06 Axis

Like people haven't read books like that forever. Stupid.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 17:09 Axis

Beamer I know you all too well -- you're the rah-rah contradiction guy, the true parrot who has all the spin and none of the sense of it.

Your "it's stomping on the little guy" is so laughable its silly, I would LOVE to see the kind of company you'd make. But you never will I guarantee it. The projects I 'oversaw' never were horrible, I made them work out regardless of complexity everytime. All on you bro, all on you.

And prez's sentiment about 'tons of corporations' being people-stomping assholes to get rich is one of the most central to liberal views. I've agreed and disagreed with him before, but that VIEW is completely rank and file liberal.

And for the record, I never ever once mentioned the shit stupid word 'libtard' - that shit is for angry dummies, as is your laughable retort Beamer.

And I must apologize to Prez, I overlooked that the last one I quoted came from Beamer. It's valid, but not for Prez.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 17:25.

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 15:45 Axis

I would just repeat my last statement here, so we can stop now if you like.  

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 12:58 Axis

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 12:10:
Axis wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 11:46:
Prez wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:50:
Axis wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:42:
Cheating lying assholes are cheating lying assholes in all walks of life. Much less common for cheating lying assholes to become high ranking successful entrepreneurs.

Cheating lying assholes are more often be found fired, often unemployed, and ostracized.

Facts.

LMAO. Your "facts" smack of delusion to me. It's not cheating to work the system to get ahead while screwing others in the process - it's how the game is played. Jeez I wish I could live in your imagined utopia.

You (and other fall-in-line liberals like beamer) believe screwing others to get ahead is 'the way the game is played'. That's golden man, golden! True liberal speak right there, and you're not 'left-wing'? Never fooled me.

Maybe if you guys actually took your heads out of the internet's ass and look around your neighborhood at the THOUSANDS of successful businesses being run by mostly honest individuals, you'd have a clue.

I'm not particularly liberal.
And can you show me, say, 3 examples of a company that hasn't gotten ahead by cutting workforce and sending jobs overseas?

I mean, you're denying that?
I'm not calling CEOs evil, I'm just saying that their job is essentially screwing everyone else over to satisfy their shareholders and their board. By doing so, they make money. And, while the argument is often "but anyone can be a shareholder," for all but a handful of Americans their income comes only a tiny fraction from any shares they hold, and the amount they hold is totally insignificant to the corporation issuing those shares.

Do you even work in business?
I don't know a single person that disagrees with anything I'm saying that's spent time in a management position (not people management, but company management) at a public corporation.

What your saying now is not what you said a few posts ago.

Making any cuts/changes to stay profitable isn't 'stamping on the little guy' or "Taking advantage of people's hard work" -- its 'making sure the little guy AND you still HAS A JOB'

So I'm glad you came around -- its NOT evil like you started this conversation out outright saying. It's business, and business is how it's been since the dawn of time regardless of size. Some assholes squeak through the system and make it big, most are not.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 11:46 Axis

Prez wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:50:
Axis wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:42:
Cheating lying assholes are cheating lying assholes in all walks of life. Much less common for cheating lying assholes to become high ranking successful entrepreneurs.

Cheating lying assholes are more often be found fired, often unemployed, and ostracized.

Facts.

LMAO. Your "facts" smack of delusion to me. It's not cheating to work the system to get ahead while screwing others in the process - it's how the game is played. Jeez I wish I could live in your imagined utopia.

You (and other fall-in-line liberals like beamer) believe screwing others to get ahead is 'the way the game is played'. That's golden man, golden! True liberal speak right there, and you're not 'left-wing'? Never fooled me.

Maybe if you guys actually took your heads out of the internet's ass and look around your neighborhood at the THOUSANDS of successful businesses being run by mostly honest individuals, you'd have a clue.

Yours truly,

Axis

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 09:42 Axis

Facts.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 21:08 Axis

Prez wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 19:29:
Remember kids, if you're successful, you're a grade A douchebag. This is your typical left wing viewpoint in spades.

I am far from left-wing but let's be honest - tons of successful entrepreneurs became rich through taking advantage of other peoples' hard work and walking all over the little guy.

That statement puts you pretty much square in the FAR left-wing category. Tons? Where are these tons of successful entrepreneurs who are shitbag people sweat thieves? They're as rare as the practicing mash-em-up doctor with fake credentials.

You don't become successful or rich from being a jackoff 'taking advantage of others and walking all over people'. The few who would get away with such a ridiculous contradiction as "success" and "Little people smasher" would be well known, so start listing them.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
25. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 07:53 Axis

Agrajag wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 06:32:
Axis wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 21:28:
The last time we let them 'rule' we got Obamacare, and even the totally hooked libs know what a mess it is and it hasn't even started.

You mean the plan formerly known as Romneycare? The plan that was dreamed up by the conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation? The plan that was championed by Republicans for years until a Democrat decided to coopt it? Yeah, it is kind of a mess, you're right... But, it's the best thing they could get done, and it's better than what we had (ie: nothing at all, fend for yourselves wild west style)... We've been living under it for years here in Massachusetts, and we haven't all died yet...

Yes Obama/dems stole the idea and made it into a FEDERAL monster in disguise with the purpose of single-payer -- Obama's ultimate goal. Just do s simple comparison search and you'll find many significant differences, none of which should have been implemented state-wide.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 29, 2013, 21:28 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 20:38:
Taskeen wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 18:38:
Wake Up. Now.

I don't deny any of what you have written is true. And while both parties are co-opted and corrupted by monied interests, I think there is a difference.

The Republican philosophy is nihilistic, "To shrink government down to the size where it can be drowned in a bathtub." And it's reflected in their actions: they have carried out a campign to oppose or stymy nearly every single Dem initiative since Obama took office. It's unprecedented in our history that you've had a party so opposed and unwilling to work with another. Except for the Civil War period, and we know how that turned out.

Bottom line: you can't be good at governing if you don't believe in government, and the Repubs simply don't.

Wrong JD. The DEMS don't wanna compromise -- they say "Give us what we want, or you'll get the blame for us saying NO". Historically, always the same.

I dont EVER recall a republican president or his aides going on TV spouting "DEMS this and DEMS that and CNN MSNBC LIBERAL This and That". You have the Democratic SPIN machine on 24/7 doing nothing but dividing and feeding you straight from their anus - and you eat it up well as expected.

The last time we let them 'rule' we got Obamacare, and even the totally hooked libs know what a mess it is and it hasn't even started.

Let me ask you something, Congress and their aides are EXEMPT FROM Obamacare. The same DEMS who DEMANDS YOU TAKE IT! Is it a good deal or a bad one? Know anything about Obamacare? Talk to your insurance provider recently? Do you even give a shit enough about your own self to GET INSURANCE?

I know the answers for the majority of liberals, I'm slightly interested in your answers.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 21:14 Axis

Updating a blog is not development, it's lip-service as I mentioned.

I don't know about you, but I don't get a 'warm fuzzy confident feeling' by blog posts telling me about where they went, where they're at, what they 'plan', telling me how hard they're working or making minor updates here and there.

There's been very little actually development since the early KS, that's the only news that matters.

Yours truly,

Axis

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 19:54 Axis

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 18:29:
Man, some people are just willfully ignorant... You mean to tell me that everything they talk about in their weekly development diaries, is not actually happening? Just because they're not pushing updates out fast enough to meet your self-entitled demands, that doesn't mean work isn't being done. Feel free to ignore the game until it's finished, you are not and never were forced to buy it now or fund it back then.

Well you obviously aren't a backer since you think there "were" 'weekly development diarays' and said followup development.

Of course they're going to appear busy when they come onto steam. I don't care if you buy it or not, I don't care if the devs finish it, but I won't brown my nose on dev ass. And I will inform the masses. If anything, sounds like the defiant "oh they're the best!' butthurts just bought it and are doing the 'Ra Ra" for the devs in hopes they didn't get screwed.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 17:40 Axis

What Aseven said is correct. The Castlestory devs have been barely updating it since the kickstarter finished, giving more lip-service than any development.

Shouldn't be on steam is my opinion.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 29, 2013, 17:32 Axis

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:25:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:09:
Unless Americans can learn to sidestep the trap of liberal/conservative-democrat/republican and start looking at the facts of the matter on political topics, we're screwed.

That's bullshit. The GOP are now, and have always been the problem. They refuse to budge on anything ever. The Democrats are the only ones who ever look for consensus. And it's why people are tired of the GOP.

Your ignorance used to be surprising Cutter, now we just come to expect it.

Here's my new Copy/Paste from Nin. Perfect for almost every political discussion:
nin wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 16:57:
Any blanket statement applied to an entire group automatically renders any opinion you have void.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 29, 2013, 17:22 Axis

Glad to see Cutter is still fooling himself daily, I've come to enjoy watching these liberal masses fool themselves into oblivion.

Me? Just reaping the benefits of plans I've made working hard all my life to prepare my family financially for times such as these.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
23. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2013, 23:24 Axis

As someone who generally despises controllers on games like FPS's, I think Valve's idea is fantastic for people like me if you 'had' to have a controller.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 19:48 Axis

Linus Torvalds, CEO Microsoft.

I'd pay to see that...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 26, 2013, 10:17 Axis

The Facebook 'prediction' is all too obvious, been saying that for years.

The 'social media' shit ends up turning out poor interpersonal skilled individuals and near narcissistic personalities all too often. It's obvious to people like me who spent a majority of their professional life talking with people.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2013, 10:12 Axis

Considering the Xbone and PS4 are only $400 and have last years PC specs, I'm not sure why anyone would consider either to have photo-realistic visuals, let alone tag new consoles 'next gen'.

Then again, I never considered console games on a gamepad with a rate lock of 30 FPS to be anything more than an occasional toy...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Sep 23, 2013, 21:02 Axis

Preview of Godus is pretty much the overall sentiment of everyone I know who has it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1251 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo