Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1391 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 17:31 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 17:30:
Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 16:44:
It's not like them, it's mainstream vs. the alternative. If you're in the mainstream for most everything, than yes, you're a sheep.

Alright, but don't you realize how ridiculously hypocritical and dismissive this is?

Great, so someone uses Linux over Apple or Microsoft. Everyone else is a sheep.
But what if someone uses Redhat. Still a multimillion dollar corporation running it. Are they a sheep? To someone running their own build, probably.

And what about that guy still running OS/2. We're all sheep to him.
And how about that guy that made his own OS. Everyone is a sheep to him.

Linux, for a while, had a larger market share than Apple, back in like 2000. Does that mean the Linux users were sheep and Apple users were the hardcore?

Basically, calling someone "sheep" for using an OS is asinine, immature, and the sign of a mental deficiency. Some people on this board, you two in particular, call everyone a sheep for making decisions you do not. Cutter, you're like 40. Stop calling people "sheep" for tech choices. Stop making giant generalizations.
Sorry, you need to grow up. You act like a teenage girl so much of the time. You're not an idiot, but so much of what you say is tossaway gibberish that is damn near trolling.
I know you'll find this hypocritical and either block me or threaten to, but look at what you whined about Blue deleting from you yesterday. Something along the lines of "haha, toolbag Failbox user fanboys."
Do you not realize how much that phrase is hypocritical because it makes it seem like you're the fanboy, not someone else? Hell, at your age you shouldn't really care what other people do and you shouldn't use loaded weasel words like "fanboy."

I just don't get how an otherwise mature, reasonable man can be such a petulant child when it comes to his hobby. You act like a 14 year old on Xbox Live circa 2007.

Re-read my last post, revise this one, and grow up.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 17:29 Axis

Same backbones, half the price double the value.  

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 17:25 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:18:
Axis wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 13:12:
Linux is not for the microsoft or mac sheep, it's for cutting edge techs who design their own OS to fit their company or their own needs. And that type of ratio pretty much stays the same once something becomes established.

The only way to increase linux desktop adoption is consumers feeling comfortable with it in some way (like an "android" desktop), or a huge marketing campaign for a distro that is fool proof. A few will be gleaned here and there just from exposure (and possibly from projects like Steam), but it's not going to ebb and flow much in either direction from now on.

Linux is for sheep that think they need to be different.

See, I can call people that make different choices than me "sheep," too!
What is it with this place and thinking everyone not EXACTLY LIKE THEM is a sheep?

A 'sheep' would be defined as an individual who doesn't dig deeper on their own, easily influenced by marketing or hype and quick to defend their choice that the majority make. And the vast majority of windows users just follow the crowd because alternatives are not shoved in their faces for easy consumption - this goes for businesses 10 fold.

And that's fine -- it's not a bad thing but it is a fact. I'm a sheep in many areas I'm no expert in. The difference is mine are by choice most of the time -- not by sly marketing or faddish decisions. For instance, I purchase Great Value items from walmart like a hound, my shelves are filled to the hilt with white and blue boxes. And I do it because I do save money, but primarily because I know that Great Value is exactly the same as the name brands I've sheeped in the past. I also

The vast majority simply don't think beyond what's easily reachable right in front of them, and can't be bothered.

Its people like you beamer who constantly contradict themselves and never take ownership that people should be wary of.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 4, 2014, 13:15 Axis

Drupal seems to be taking over the lead for CMS, some big plans a comin - I always preferred Joomla in the past. Wordpress was fun, but a security nightmare for most, can't stand it these days just so many better options if you know what you're doing.

I never pigeon hole myself, whatever works best today I use.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2014, 13:12 Axis

Linux is not for the microsoft or mac sheep, it's for cutting edge techs who design their own OS to fit their company or their own needs. And that type of ratio pretty much stays the same once something becomes established.

The only way to increase linux desktop adoption is consumers feeling comfortable with it in some way (like an "android" desktop), or a huge marketing campaign for a distro that is fool proof. A few will be gleaned here and there just from exposure (and possibly from projects like Steam), but it's not going to ebb and flow much in either direction from now on.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 11:55 Axis

Nexus 5.
Unlimited data/talk/sms.
2.5gig/month 4gLTE speed - total coverage in my area.
$45/month. No contract.
AT&T Straighttalk [edit]

Nuff said?

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2014, 12:20.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 31, 2013, 11:04 Axis

I prefer to have the family games on a family console like the Wii / Wii U, and keep the hardcore games on the PC.

While the Wii U didn't sell well, I would never have bought an xbone or ps4. So I'm immensely happy with my choice with the Wii U - and so are my kids.

Yours truly,

Axis

31. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 29, 2013, 12:06 Axis

So many great suggestions! Coughing  

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 28, 2013, 19:20 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 17:01:
Axis wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 16:22:
It's just the standard cycle of fads. Everything new has a honeymoon period where its the greatest thing ever, then it's used and used until they're finally sick, bored or disenchanted with it -- people then proclaim a myriad of excuses as to why it's no longer the greatest thing ever for a need to explain off their initial unbridled enthusiasm when in fact human nature has already provided the reason.

Yo Axis. When you going to post a jpg for your avatar?

I suppose I should, what do you propose JD? And don't say a giant troll with a dicknose cause I'll do it I swear!! ")

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Dipshit judge makes dipshit ruling Dec 28, 2013, 16:40 Axis

Study says 18 percent of US drug users bought from Silk Road.

Idiots who throw out headlines like this should be dunked in a giant heap of horseshit till they consume a ratio of pounds of shit to amount of words they've written in their "study".

One look at the "Online questionnaire" makes you realize assfools like this actually exist... common sense is gone people are fucking stupid as hell these days, from the creation and absorption then to subsequent regurgitation of bullshit.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 16:29 Axis

Indie Mac Bundle is $20. Yes I'm laughing.

I picked up Marvel lego on GMG the other day for like $8 or something -- fun game. Bought it for my kids, I ended up playing it for awhile.

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 28, 2013, 16:22 Axis

It's just the standard cycle of fads. Everything new has a honeymoon period where its the greatest thing ever, then it's used and used until they're finally sick, bored or disenchanted with it -- people then proclaim a myriad of excuses as to why it's no longer the greatest thing ever for a need to explain off their initial unbridled enthusiasm when in fact human nature has already provided the reason.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Friday Tech Bits
1. Re: Friday Tech Bits Dec 27, 2013, 17:59 Axis

Mac Pro article one of the most moronic I've yet to read -- Mac heads... still gladly fooling themselves to this day.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Christmas Eve Consolidation
4. Re: Christmas Eve Consolidation Dec 24, 2013, 13:26 Axis

It would have to be TRUE 1:1 unlike past "1:1" pseudo implementations.

In a normal PC game with the mouse, every movement it unlimited in speed. If you wiz your mouse to the left, your character turns as fast as you moved the mouse.

On a console, speed is coded to be limited. If you hold your turn hard to the left, you turn at the max speed coded.

Mouse implementation on consoles *always* restrict you to that coded hard turn speed. The only way around it would be to maximize the sensitivity and be happy with whatever max speed they give you, but you will never have the true freedom you experience on a PC with a mouse / keyboard.

However, since the new consoles are really just sub-par PC's, they may be able to do something more significant with the controls -- maybe even eliminate the hard speed cap especially with the PS4 since it's linux based and more accessible even when it's not supposed to be.

Still any m/k would better than a console controller for FPS's, but based on that video it seemed the hard cap was present.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Festivus Consolidation
15. Re: Festivus Consolidation Dec 24, 2013, 10:55 Axis

Redmask wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 00:42:
Beamer wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 00:25:
You wouldn't lose the tv with the wiiu. That's the only advantage of that second screen. Should probably have been 3ds capable instead. Bundle them, stand alone packs for those with one, but require one.

The tablet is a really poor excuse for a second screen and has awful battery life, I would much rather they had the 3DS which can be taken to places other than the house.

I have the nyko power pack, the tablet has lasted over 10 hours in full use, cost me like $20.

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Festivus Consolidation Dec 23, 2013, 21:57 Axis

Neuenc wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 16:43:
We (my family) decided on the Wii U this Christmas. Didn't give it any thought the previous year. As PC gamers it was the only console that looked attractive with its first party offerings. My wife and I ended up buying two of them; one of each bundle. Also picked up A. Creed 4, which has the most sh*t frame rate for an HD console I have ever seen, and Super Mario 3D World which, as stated, is downright AMAZING!

As a parent you have to open up the electronics to make sure they're updated! Oh, and then make sure the games run 'okay.'

Here here Neuenc, it's a parents responsibility to 'test' those things, sometimes for hours! haha!

It took everything I had not to install Rayman Legends and update it, kids would most certainly find out scrolling along and they are absolutely jumping out of their shoes for it. We played the challenges often before release - that's the kind of innovative (on the Wii U) title we need more of.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Festivus Consolidation Dec 23, 2013, 13:07 Axis

We sure have been enjoying ours! Couple points worth noting:

I bought 8 titles over the last month on sales for about 60% less than other full consoles are charging, damn near paid for my Wii U (which the unit is cheaper than the 'other two' anyways) in savings. And we don't pay a ridiculous 'subscription' fee every month.

We are able to play our original Wii games on it + virtual console.

More than enough hi-def 1080p power, and can play it on the gamepad making it a portable console -- including watching netflix or amazon shows.

Other than that really looking forward to Super Smash Bros 2. That alone will be worth the console.

We've got more than our money's worth. Hope you xbone/ps4 dudes get yours!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 22, 2013, 23:28 Axis

Used to dig loom back in my amiga days. I don't play adventure games anymore (might try forge just for nostalgia sake and see what it's like), but loom, gobliiins, kings quest, loved them at the time.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
48. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 11:35 Axis

Verno wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 11:28:
Hahah whatever, waste of time.

Getting back on topic hopefully without interruption this time

Yes people, DO NOT INTERRUPT VERNO! Get off your high horse man.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
46. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 11:19 Axis

Verno wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 11:09:
Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 10:49:
PoE has nothing to learn from Diablo 3 short of screwing people over so they can make a ton more money. D3 is not a role model to any ARPG in any aspect except the 'throw money at it' one.

Nah you're just super defensive about POE related.

I like certain aspects of both games and have enjoyed both for different reasons. It's not a holy war or something.

Nah, I'm just critical of the shit they call D3 cause they are fuckovers of gamers.

I couldn't care less if people like the games I do. Some like it, some don't. You state your opinion, I state mine.

People will decide on their own.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 11:26.

Yours truly,

Axis

1391 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo