Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
41. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 09:15 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 08:34:
Agreed. I don't know why it would ever be in question, we already did this a month ago, you pretty conclusively won that debate.

Of course you'd say that, Verno, you and he were tagteaming when I handily threw you both out of the ring.

I could easily "prove it" by linking your responses, pulling recent 'steam sale' spy charts facts that you and Jerykk felt were absolute proof, explain how kickstarters work comparing Larians 80% self funding and needing stretch money to Obsidians 0% "fund it or we don't risk it", and throw in common sense on top. But I'm in no mood, better to let you both hold hands in denial, I'd only get insults back as usual.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 08:18 Axis

Redmask you should realize that someone reading the thread will see reasonable spot-on comments by me and childish offbase ones by you. You are the topic turding that browns these threads with nonsense.

All we ever get from you are thin skin insecure name calling by peppering your insults masqueraded as a response with neophile quarreling like 'immature', 'humiliated', 'dishonest', 'lying', 'idiotic', 'mad', 'whining', 'hypocrisiy', 'sychophantic'. In this, you are consistent in almost every topic.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 27, 2015, 07:25 Axis

Always liked Soldak's games. Not much for more zombie games, but I'll end up picking this up just to support em and likely end up enjoying it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 07:04 Axis

Jerykk get some common sense. We did this dance before with you falling to the floor.

Obsidian sequeled the Fallout series, SWTOR series, NWN, made SPSOT, Wasteland 2, marketed with constant dips in the Baldurs Gate pool, etc. AND, are going to be making the Pathfinder series. They have some of the heftiest RPG nostalgia factor in the business with plenty of modern mega hits, all before the Pillars hype.

No, Obsidian took virtually no risk with their kickstart funded game.

Yours truly,

Axis

33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 23:50 Axis

Redmask, more posts like your last and you're sure to convince others of your maturity. Nice thin gaming skin son!

Obsidian risked nothing, big AAA company, no kickstarter funding, no game. Larian used their own funds as a last ditch effort to form a new IP, and needed some more kickstarted. The gameplay was quite innovative, unlike anything we've seen in the RPG arena, with plenty of physics based combat to boot. It also included a single player global which I *really* enjoyed till the redmasks of the world ruined it.

My points stand, the comparison was made as an good example. I enjoyed both as I've mentioned before, but D:OS was far better. Larian also did not ride the DLC train, Obsidian is already on to the milking the cows part. Moo.

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 17:35 Axis

Few companies will step out and take risks innovating as opposed to flavor of the year mechanics, and no set $$$ amount determines the quality of a game.

D:OS was a innovative risk on a shoestring budget compared to Pillars which was tried and true with millions thrown at it, and D:OS came out on top just as one example.

The greatest writing and dialog is wasted if the gameplay is shit, while average writing and dialog acceptable if the gameplay is solid.

Then there's people who just don't like certain styles (turn based, isometric, etc) that you'll never please no matter what. As an example, I can't stand most RTS's, so I never comment disliking one or another because I wouldn't base my opinion on their gameplay merits. Some people here post their opinions about everything including things they'd never like anyway, and their opinions are moot.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 14:12 Axis

100% backed. D:OS one of the most enjoyable RPG's I've played.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 25, 2015, 12:45 Axis

MTG Puzzle quest. Sounds fun, always loved the Puzzle quest ip (except MHPQ). If it does appear like the Marvel Heroes Puzzle quest p2w crap, you can forget it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 12:27 Axis

Meh, when I see a $15 "expansion" called part 1 on a mediocre RPG at best, I'll be waiting for the bundles. That's if I decide to buy them at all.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2015, 16:04 Axis

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 12:06:
Arghh, a slide show.

Hidden Feature #1.
1. Sends the most data to Microsoft, continues sending data even after you turn off all spying features.

Hidden Feature #2
2. When all personal data mining features are turned off, they really aren't.

Hidden Feature #3
3. We said it's Free, but it's not.

Hidden Feature #4
4. It's a Service.

Hidden Feature #5
5. Ugliest Windows Ever.

Hidden Feature #6
6. All your torrents are belong to us.

Hidden Feature #7
7. Start menu is a Joke.

Hidden Feature #8
8. Charge for ad-free solitaire.

Hidden Feature #9
9. No DVD player and you can't turn off Windows Updates.

and Hidden Feature #10
10. No floppy disc drivers.

I like your list, I came in to post my #1 hidden feature:

#1. Windows 10 hidden, defaults to Win7.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
40. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 23:28 Axis

You did read it, but before I told you to. And you did exactly what I predicted you would do.  

Yours truly,

Axis

38. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 22:54 Axis

Dear Krowen, read "To the trolls".

Now get back to your amiibos and beanie boos.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 16:32 Axis

Dunno man, so far Im not impressed at all. If dx12 games come out and blows me away, then its a no brainer. Till then Ima stick with 7.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans
5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans Aug 22, 2015, 15:23 Axis

Darks wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 15:03:
Axis wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 14:45:
Man this one reeks of DLConsolitis. I *really* hope I'm wrong, however everything I've seen about this points to "avoid" if you are a PC gamer who thinks the original NWN was the last great DND title...

You couldn't be any more wrong on your assessment of this game.

I hope I am, however I'm not starved for games and won't be giving it a pass just cause I'm a DnD fan boy, and I certainly am.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 14:52 Axis

I don't know of 1 reason I should.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2015, 14:49 Axis

Steam Spy guy has been my favorite gaming guru in very long time. He's smart, not political, states facts and has all the data he mined himself to prove it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans Aug 22, 2015, 14:45 Axis

Man this one reeks of DLConsolitis. I *really* hope I'm wrong, however everything I've seen about this points to "avoid" if you are a PC gamer who thinks the original NWN was the last great DND title...  

Yours truly,

Axis

36. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 14:01 Axis

No you wouldn't have.

You confuse confidence with ego. There's good reason I come off confident and you perceive it as ego. Human nature is another subject I've put a lifetime of learning in, but that's another story.

Yours truly,

Axis

34. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:50 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:43:
This is what evidence looks like. Easy to provide when you aren't ashamed of it.

Your major mistake is that you think comprehension ends at the presentation of evidence. I understand your position completely, it's just not backed up by any actual evidence so there is no reason to believe ANYTHING you say.

Without even looking at them, I know without a doubt there isn't a single "proof" of anything man-made about it except speculation. There also wouldn't be anything stating any benefits of warming/cooling trends. There's a lot more they won't include, but you bore me.

That's because I've read thousands of both sides in many years, and you spent 3 minutes googling and copy/pasting.

Just think, if I went and posted just 20 links would it matter at all to you? Absolutely not. Your first reaction would be to discredit. You have no idea what 'research' is, or how to do it properly.

Yours truly,

Axis

32. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 13:33 Axis

You should definitely take a course on reading comprehension, descender. This is the 3rd time I'm addressing something that was stated quite clearly.

What I gave you was a summary, it would be impracticable for me to go further, all I hope is that what I've stated makes you take pause and look deeper.

You aren't worth my time or links descender. JD is worth far more of my time than links. I know you won't get what I just said, and I see why we won't be getting along in the future - you're too volatile, reactive, condescending, and you don't pay attention. You definately are a "link guy" and that's no compliment especially given the lack of comprehension of what you read.

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo