Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1258 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 6, 2014, 12:13 Axis

TESO review filled to the hilt with noobness...  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Centration Early Access
1. Re: Centration Early Access Apr 5, 2014, 12:36 Axis

Smells fishy, but then again I've been on the Early Access train awhile now and got burnt a few times - I know that burning fishy smell fairly well now

Hope I'm wrong, but I won't be backing it at this point.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Monaco's Final Chapter Released
2. Re: Monaco's Final Chapter Released Apr 5, 2014, 12:25 Axis

Ya I played it a couple times, really fun. Bit of a learning curve and I'm not there with just the few games, but I'll have to fire this up again and get with it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Soldak's Linux Games
1. Re: Soldak's Linux Games Apr 5, 2014, 11:31 Axis

Love Soldak, always have. Great dev, fun games, reasonably priced, linux friendly.

F AAA

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 21:06 Axis

Hmm interesting. The streaming and item management on my Wii U and friend's PS4 don't make a squat worth of difference. I have 4 older devices and only 2 of those ever run slower in the UI, my main beef is they aren't updated so won't get subtitles and whatnot in some shows.

Doesn't matter one way or the other, I'll pick up a Fire TV just cause Im a Famazon Boi!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
19. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 20:54 Axis

Cutter the obvious new gamer...

Back in the quake days, gamespy was the ONLY way to actually find servers easily with a host of settings you could add right in the client, an absolute must for the 90s quake clanner. Hell I still have my gamespy ID and password for the app . Then it licensed it's tech to games and powered most of the best ones.

the "other" ones in somewhat recent history used GFWL, and we see how those worked out...

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 17:04 Axis

Sounds like you got a lemon Roku or something Verno - speed and ease of use for tha various streaming services are the major selling points of the Roku aside from output. I never had a single channel 'not work', and never had a slowdown.

Streams never 'go in and out' of quality either - that's something I notice with every other device at some time or another, but not the Roku.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 14:58 Axis

The Roku 3 is not sluggish in the least, all depends on what is loading and how you are networked. I have everything hardwired and streamlined though.

roku + plex rocks - use RARflix

Again no need to preach the praises of anything Amazon, been buying most of my Kid's Christmas presents and vast majority of "local shopping" through them for the last 5 years, love prime, have a kindle for every family memeber, on and on.

And I'll pick up an amazon set top as I mentioned, but I don't see how it can improve much on the roku which has been a staple in the streaming hardware for many years. roku isn't flashy, it just works fantastically. I hope it does, just don't see how.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 11:48 Axis

First of all I've loved amazon for a long long time so I'm borderline Fannie for them.

The Fire TV is great for competition, but really doesn't do anything over the Roku at this point.

Power means virtually nothing for streaming -- 1080p is the same on all my devices from the built in crap of my blu-ray to my Roku 3, it only affects the snappiness of using it which is a direct result of the internal programming, not raw power.

The gaming capability is cute, but will likely find the same minority audience of a Ouya, or an ever smaller audience of those who game with the Roku or other hybrid devices.

Plex allows any streams from PC, its on Roku already and it kicks complete ass.

Roku has a whole host of "mods" -- private channels that allow a slew of other streams you would normally never be able to get. Amazon, at least at this point doesn't seem to have that ability.

So in reality, Roku 3 still is the king at least in my eyes. Having said that, I'll buy a Fire TV immediately anyway because I friggin love Amazon and already save thousands from being "cord cut"...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 3, 2014, 11:29 Axis

I knew it was coming! Hearthstone on a tablet will make it the go-to game. Now for Android, cause frankly - F Apple.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 1, 2014, 18:33 Axis

You know what bugs the shit outta me with the Wii U? All that annoying bling music all the time from the time you turn it on and during every damn thing you do - just annoying background sounds looping contantly.

Seriously hearing bubbles and zing sounds, or whatever else nintendo thinks we need to hear every friggin second couldn't get more in-your-face annoying.

Maybe it's something to do with cultural differences, brand marketing, who knows -- but holy shit I hate it more than you can know.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
3. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 11:17 Axis

Glad to see the original UO devs involved in a new twist to try to get the stagnant MMO games a kick in the innovation direction.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 30, 2014, 15:19 Axis

I wanted to enjoy Betrayer, but aside from the initial interesting atmosphere it boils down quickly to a very shallow stealth game with a story - literally you crouch and hope to kill stuff before they kill you and read the story - no other stealth or other mechanics aside from obscuring sound to mask footsteps, it just repeats zone after zone after zone.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 28, 2014, 10:55 Axis

Is it, Obama?

It's time for mid term elections to prove to you how much we cannot stand your administration's lip service.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2014, 21:10 Axis

Stay away from Spacebase, another fail early access with little development.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
40. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 19:59 Axis

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 18:04:
Axis wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 15:25:
nin wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:26:
Darks wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:20:
Any takers on you know who showing up and giving us all crap?

Adolph?

lol

I don't grief people unless they grief me, but I never shied from critiquing games and developers -- something many can't seem to distinguish.

So congrats ROS'rs, I hope you enjoy the expansion! : )

You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you!

Another old person like me! And I forgive you for calling me names -- I just hope the song is stuck in your head more than mine...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
27. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 15:25 Axis

nin wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:26:
Darks wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:20:
Any takers on you know who showing up and giving us all crap?

Adolph?

lol

I don't grief people unless they grief me, but I never shied from critiquing games and developers -- something many can't seem to distinguish.

So congrats ROS'rs, I hope you enjoy the expansion! : )

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
54. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 18:45 Axis

Krovven wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 18:20:
Axis wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 15:44:
You guys still talking shit after all this time? All for an innocuous initial comment.

lol talk about pathetic...

And you have 8 posts in a 52 post thread, one of which insulting Blue, about a game you apparently don't care about. This is what's pathetic.

Oh quit yer drama, aint no personal insults anywhere in this thread except the ones toward me. I got thick skin and shit to do with my time -- I just can't believe you guys won't quit.

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 15:44 Axis

You guys still talking shit after all this time? All for an innocuous initial comment.

lol talk about pathetic...

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:50 Axis

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:48:
Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:46:
All those edits to that message Prez, all in attempt to insult me further.

You are acting like a child throwing a tantrum. I can almost see your hands shaking as you type your idiotic responses. Anyway there's hardly any need to insult you when you are making yourself look like an ass all on your own.

Dig deeper, it's workin for ya! More believable every letter. #21

Yours truly,

Axis

1258 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo