Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1440 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 17:49 Axis

Not surprising at all Divinity, but very glad they stuck to their guns and did it the way we knew would succeed.

I can't tell you how many idiot posts sounded like: "Turn based? LOLOL nothkxkbye!". Bet 90% bought the game and are glad they did...

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
25. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 12:44 Axis

crypto wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 12:39:
Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:52:
crypto wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:20:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs...

things that takes only a few tries...

currency you... blow on gambling.

That's how to "do" currency in PoE.

great, another fanboy wreaks another game :/ I don't blame GG for taking my support money and going no where with it... its this senseless dribble.

This is how people who can't admit "Good point, I was wrong" after their own quotes prove their ignorance of the facts.
Here are the important parts since you can't comprehend paragraphs:
Or, for the commons sense folk, use that currency to purchase your desired upgrades.
But if you use xyz or even the trade forums, you get major mileage out of that currency you didn't blow on gambling.

Sum? You are a dolt if you gamble, you are doing currency wrong.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 22:52 Axis

crypto wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic crypto, you don't understand it.

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs, some are lucky, most are not. Or, for the commons sense folk, use that currency to purchase your desired upgrades.

Its easy to use the currency on the cheap for more specific things needed like 4 sockets, socket colors, etc - minor things that takes only a few tries, but helps immensely leveling up or making items last a bit longer through the levels. But if you use xyz or even the trade forums, you get major mileage out of that currency you didn't blow on gambling.

That's how to "do" currency in PoE.

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:26 Axis

@Axis its /oos so no wonder why your macro didnt work

Sonsabitch! It's been AHK macroed to a mousepress for over a year so you'll forgive me 8)

Ya I only do hardcore -- lost a total of 7 guys, 2 to early desync when it was not obvious (and before anyone knew about /oos), 2 to pushing the limit in maps in nemesis, 1 to invasion off-screen stupidness, and the 2 recent due to their server.

Cant wait to have a go next month, but not gonna continue the rest of the temp league.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:00 Axis

ItBurn wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:48:
Redmask wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:42:
Well while they're hyping the shit out of the "coming eventually" patch 2.1 for D3, I can't be bothered to play that until then. It's nice to have another, different ARPG to play when you get bored of one of 'em...

I agree, Grim Dawn is fantastic

What's up with that game? When is it coming out? Seems like it's been in development for 10 years.

Grim dawn is ok, decent setting, limited character customization but better than torchlight. I just don't get excited when loot balloon games are single player or coop.

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:38 Axis

Krovven wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:16:
Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 10:55:
Logged in the other day just to mess with some characters. It completely lagged out twice (/occ macro didn't work, it was pure server lag)

LOL! Folks, remember that time when Axis was a rabid PoE fanboy and said that the /occ macro wasn't a thing because the desyncs were easily avoidable?

Do you ever read and comprehend? Seriosly, do you? Krowan has no idea the the difference between server lag and desync, congrats for making yourself sound... well you know.

And fanboys don't contemplate both sides of the coin when applicable, they just bow to their idol and never question their infallible one-sided wisdom.

PoE is still better than anything else persistent arpg, but like I said they are focusing on the wrong things, and server drops don't bode well.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 Axis

Computer users pass around USB sticks like silicon business cards.

Not in my networks they don't. Better get firing the newbie admins...

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 10:55 Axis

Logged in the other day just to mess with some characters. It completely lagged out twice (/occ macro didn't work, it was pure server lag) and killed both hc dudes, confirmed by the many global rages.

I didn't mind they were only low levels, but I'm quickly becoming less and less confident GGG has a handle on things. They're adding too much glitz with not enough backbone while paying less attention to the larger community who helped put them on the right track to begin with.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2014, 18:38 Axis

Tablets are fun, great for kids, great to doink around with -- they are not servers, workstations, laptops or consoles. And the games play like a glorified facebook gaming machine with the occasional gem that makes good use of the tech. My kids get ALOT of use out of them, me not so much.

There's simply not much innovation in tablets, you see the same ones over and over. The nexus 10 is still one of the best all around for gaming or otherwise, and it's over 2.5 years old. PC innovation is lightspeed faster than tablets.

It's not surprising.

Only "tablet" I'm hoping gets developed anytime soon is a kindle color e-ink so I can truly replace reading from my b/w kindle onto it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Clockwork Empire Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Clockwork Empire Early Access Next Month Jul 30, 2014, 19:15 Axis

Been keeping an eye on this one. Hope it delivers, hard to tell at this point.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
34. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 15:32 Axis

There's simply a more prevalent instant-satisfaction gimme gimme mindset, mostly among the younger gamers (just a fact, no offense to the more rational younger players :).

Back when we had to submit specs, mail agreements and write a damn resume as to why we should be accepted... if accepted - we could get kicked out if not participating enough or submitting bugs, not following through with the developers, etc. Well we learned what beta's were about the right way.

I'm fine with betas as they are these days, there's a heck of a lot more going on in the gaming space and it's harder to find and groom a niche. We do occasionally get creep devs who abandon games after funding (cubeworld comes to mind but there's many), or inept devs who can't port, etc, but the vast majority is just the need to be heard through whining.

BUT... if it weren't summer, I'd buy this beta and do what I could to help (and play!) it - I too loved elite on the c64. All bets are off after the summer tho!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile Comic
2. Re: Path of Exile Comic Jul 30, 2014, 15:11 Axis

I've been a huge fan of PoE, but GGG really screwed up on Invasion (after having huge success with Nemesis) and lost a ton of their playerbase while sitting in denial. They really need to nail these next leagues well and hope they can pull people back in.

GGG has always done their own thing, which is good thing. However, they've steadily ignored the majority yet make changes based on the pre-made no lifers (most who, humorously ended up quitting anyway after repeated torture by invasions pretend "you'll die no matter what" difficulty).

I'll be there again at the start of the new leagues next month, but I'll have a much shorter forgiveness period. I hope for their sake they learned from their mistakes.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
28. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 29, 2014, 19:59 Axis

Little Computer People 4l...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
6. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 10:36 Axis

I've been around for a very long time, so maybe you weren't PC gaming in the 90s. I always despised shit like securerom, safedisc, starforce, etc. Back in the days, that shit made a distinctive hit on performance, was impossible to get rid of, and forced on the media because there was no downloading alternative unless you pirated.

However Steam, I'm glad as hell for it. Single player games can be played without connections (which I don't bother with, keeping steam up allows me to see what friends are up to, join their games, chat etc), and online games it's a no-brainer positive. In an online world, I just don't care one bit if my games are verified, housed, and easily restored via... online!

I'm just not a fan of every company trying to cash in on the service like steam has, all with their own versions like Origin, uplay etc and never buy through those services if I can help it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 17:53 Axis

Awesome article... for me to poop on.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 22:32 Axis

If you are surprised at Xbox [whatever] getting booed at quakecon, you've never been to quakecon and probably shouldn't put it on your calendar. It was, however, just a playful boo - not like people were throwing their own feces (as funny as that would have been - and SO well deserved!).

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 18, 2014, 10:34 Axis

I'm not a huge Mario Kart fan, didn't buy it.

Next game I *really* want on the Wii U is the new Super Smash Bros, my kids played that to death.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
55. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2014, 10:31 Axis

....where you deduce your own false "facts" about others then attempt to high-road trounce them with lame ass examples.

Every post. All the time. Beamer.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
35. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 21:36 Axis

Verno wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:50:
Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:35:
Some people are natural Brown Newsers...

Hey whatever I didn't make you post that crap about nin for no reason, take some responsibility for your actions. When you post nonsense like what I quoted and that earlier silliness you can't really complain about being moderated. The above is something I would expect from my 5 year old, you're a better poster than that.

Divinity is a pretty fun game that deserves better discussion than this and I'm sure no one clicking on this wants to read about forum vendettas.

Oh give me a fucking break man, it was an accurate observation and not an insult like 99% of the bullshit here. I stated his purpose is to troll people he has on ignore while he talks about games instead of playing them as a response - that's it, absolutely true and no calling him names, telling others to ignore him, nothing. Yet he pops into threads constantly where people he has on ignore are quoted and insults them with said bullshit.

You make your bed, fucking lie in it. How about that.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
53. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2014, 20:33 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:12:
Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:04:
Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:03:
I've given you plenty of substnace to respodn to, as well. Do you want to deny that the wealth inequality caused the Great Depression?

As for your ideals, I said that you think that rich people work harder than other people. Which always cracks me up, because you must find yourself incredibly lazy.

But I'll source that for you:
Axis wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 22:24:
Most successful people work smart, or hard. Most unsuccessful people don't. There are exceptions, but that's black and white unbiased truth.

I'm not sure how you define monetary success, but I'd wager very, very few on this board are actually successful. Not in the eyes of our government's economic policy. Apparently you think we're all people that work neither smart nor hard.

Helpful hint: you aren't successful. If you aren't making at least half a million a year, at least, you aren't successful. You wouldn't be invited to Mitt Romney's fundraisers (nor to Obamas.) The economic policies that I support wouldn't negatively impact you. If you lost your job and couldn't find work for over a year, something very possible at your age and your skill level (true of nearly anyone in their late 40s and above) you could find yourself needing welfare assistance. Somehow you think you're closer to the Warren Buffets of the world than the 45 year old single mom working as a Walmart greeter and a McDonald's cashier while raising 3 kids.

You aren't. Not a single person on this site is. But that 45 year old single mom undoubtedly works significantly harder than every single person here and probably harder than every single billionaire in this country (a third of which inherited their money.)

This is gold, pure gold man. You just proved my last line that you can't "understand", and proved how absolutely out of touch you are with reality at the same time. Not successful unless you're making 500k a year, Parental duties vs career, just one laugh after another with you.

And you proved your inability to add content to a discussion.

Facts. Even basic justification for your opinions. You have none at all.

You probably don't get it. You think being poor means someone is stupid or not working hard. And you don't realize that, in the eyes of the people spending the money on the laws, you're a poor, classless nitwit. You fail to understand the meaning of "success," in the eyes of our economic policy. You fail to realize how much everything is being twisted to help the superwealthy, and you keep supporting it, because you're stupid enough to think your $70k/year is "successful."

You still stuck on that "prove it"? Just another sheep dolt and you think you've found the cryptonite that the same few keep using, snoozefest here bro it ain't working - same can be said about everyone in every post.

But if I were entertaining... What facts exactly are you seeking? You want me to scour your posts to show how you've contradicted yourself over and over again with regards to you being more pro "Capitalism" than everyone here (aside from being contradictory in many areas of your "expertise")? Go right ahead, no one gives a shit so I won't waste my time, but it certainly is there for the dedicated researcher!!

Or wait! I see... Maybe you mean the same "Facts" that you provide, where you deduce your own false "facts" about others then attempt to high-road trounce them with lame ass examples like you did in your last "gold" thread. I'll pass, I respect others time.

Yours truly,

Axis

1440 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo