Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1438 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2014, 12:42 Axis

Surely it will happen.

Rockstar just milk the console sales as much as possible first as they always do, then the PC version will be released and be the greatest version ever due to mods, also as usual : )

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2014, 20:46 Axis

Fion wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 19:39:
On a side note, don't buy Alienware. You pay a premium for the cheapest parts they can find.

Seagate drives = firmware nightmares. Never buy seagate drives.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
53. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 19:22 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 19:02:
Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:25:
Beamer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:10:
Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 15:39:
I doubt you personally even know someone who has.

This is why no one really bothers engaging you most of the time.

Though I personally was never impoverished, I'm just going to wager that working criminal law in an impoverished city, and then living in Kentucky which is basically a poor white wasteland, has given me a plenty better view than most people.

Those people had no job options and no skills. When you're a 25 year old with no skills, you're never really going to get them. Not that it matters, even the ones with skills can't find employment to use those skills. And even if they decided to start a business, no one around them has money to spend at the business, because they have no skills or employment.

As I stated, you are an inspiration to all those poor young adults. I'm sure they appreciate your confidence that they'll never become skilled or successful at anything.

Are you running out and hiring unskilled 25 year olds?

For them to gain any skill, they'd have to, what, dedicate a full 4 years to it? Where will they get the time to do that when they have to support themselves?

And once they have skills, where will they take those skills, when no one in their community pays skilled employees?

And, even if someone did, why would they hire a skilled 29 or 30 year old when there are skilled 20 year olds to hire?

Man I'm glad I ignored blabber like this from others in my early years. Bit too common these days though, would be harder to resist just giving in -- you liberals got them well shackled.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 19:07 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 18:45:
Comcast's New 'Broadcast TV Fee' Arrives This Week.

How can they do this, you ask? In a monopoly they get to do whatever they like. That's the beauty of it (for them). Like the article says, $1.2 billion skyscrapers don't build themselves.

HD antennae + Netflix + Hulu + Roku (with some terrific private channels, and Plex for my own streaming) = $16 a month and thousands more interesting movies and tv shows than my entire family could ever imagine watching.

Comcast / Verizon / Dish = minimum of $60 for 100 channels that has more commercials than content, and the content is mostly crap at any given time.

We only watch the local stations 90% of the time for shows like Survivor, the Olympics, that kind of stuff or we wouldn't even have the antenna. Regardless, all perfect HD with our attic antenna and free with the best quality possible -- much better than comcast's broadcasts.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2014, 16:57 Axis

Hey look! Researchers finally discovered what everyone in the linux industry has known for the last umpteen years - that linux is the most secure OS!! Hurray!

Oh wait! Hurry go back to your Microsoft Office and WinWhatever -- we don't want our gravy train spilled...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
46. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 16:42 Axis

Apparently desktops don't exist anymore and Crossfire is the only game that plays worth a shit on laptops?

Or... it's South Korea.

My bet is people play it on their smartwatch vpn'd to their tablet remotely connected to their linux laptop running the game via wine where the blow up doll sits wearing google glass and has a live twitchtv feed that plays 24/7...

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 16:25 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:10:
Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 15:39:
I doubt you personally even know someone who has.

This is why no one really bothers engaging you most of the time.

Though I personally was never impoverished, I'm just going to wager that working criminal law in an impoverished city, and then living in Kentucky which is basically a poor white wasteland, has given me a plenty better view than most people.

Those people had no job options and no skills. When you're a 25 year old with no skills, you're never really going to get them. Not that it matters, even the ones with skills can't find employment to use those skills. And even if they decided to start a business, no one around them has money to spend at the business, because they have no skills or employment.

As I stated, you are an inspiration to all those poor young adults. I'm sure they appreciate your confidence that they'll never become skilled or successful at anything.

Yours truly,

Axis

48. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 15:39 Axis

Beamer... what can I say you are a pope of inspiration to the poor. Please keep up the idealism and parroting of the talking points - you are helping their situation immensely..

In the very least seph seems intelligent about the situation if not extremely experienced with the hard facts of reality among the abuse of the system, and the system that abuses the abusers.

Not a single one of you had the experience of poverty. I doubt you personally even know someone who has.

Yours truly,

Axis

45. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 13:39 Axis

Welfare dependency is the amount of income they get from welfare vs the amount they get elsewhere. I never said either of your examples and it's not 'calculated' by some government sponsored metric.

I specifically stated abusing the system, swallowing the liberal pills to continue feeling justified, and pulling the lever in hopes that it can continue.

If you are one of those people, much harder times are coming. That's what I said. And if you champion it, you only hurt them further.

Yours truly,

Axis

43. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 13:10 Axis

Sepharo wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 13:05:
Parents were doing well roughly 2003-2009.
And by that I simply mean they were paying their bills with money left over for leisure, they weren't "rich". That wasn't the case for my childhood and currently isn't the case for them now.

You of course won't believe this but welfare fraud is estimated at 2.7% (2012) and welfare dependency at 3.8% (2005, probably much higher now but still not a majority).

There's really no hope for you though.
Someone breaks your false narrative and you assume they're probably lying.
You're all about generalizations, and most of them idiotic.
You lump all individuals under your lazy stereotype and disregard that there are honest hardworking people who need government assistance at times in their lives and others who because of their health (like say a quadruple amputee) or other circumstances are destined to be on some form of welfare the rest of their lives.

When you, yourself Sepharo, live poorly and among the poor in the US, I'll take your responses seriously. Until then I'll just inform you that welfare fraud is NOT abusing the system legally. You really don't understand, so I'm sure now you've never lived in squalor.

Yours truly,

Axis

42. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 13:07 Axis

Don't worry Beamer, I don't take any of your arguments seriously enough to be considered worthy of a thoughtful response.

Especially since all you said in your entire paragraph is the naive ridiculous liberal parrot point that "successful people are lucky and privileged".

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 12:43 Axis

Only if you are being truthful, that's not verified. I recalled you speaking about your well-off life in past posts when we had our Obamacare talks.

I personally know of no one who has honestly endured hard times and became successful on their own who are democrats.

And no, the people who abuse the system are a LARGE percentage. And if you were in hard times and lived within a community of poor you'd know this. Which, again, calls to question your story.

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2014, 22:24 Axis

Well then I stand corrected and applaud your folks should you be truthful. Your story is similar to my life except I'd be the parents.

Most successful people work smart, or hard. Most unsuccessful people don't. There are exceptions, but that's black and white unbiased truth.

Yours truly,

Axis

35. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2014, 21:23 Axis

Sepharo wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 20:51:
Axis wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 20:33:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 18:09:
Axis wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 17:55:
Redmask wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 12:43:
Axis wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 15:56:
Amazon corp employee is too hot, no AC. What can he do about it?
Teacher govt employee is too hot, no AC. What can he do about it?

"You" are one sided, the example is a crystal clear example of both sides.

According to you both can leave and go work somewhere else, though most people don't look at that as a serious option in this economy was the point. Many people need their job and have no choice so the 'option' of leaving isn't really much of one. At least the government employee has the AFT to lobby on his behalf, whether I like unions or not is a different topic and you should stop making assumptions about others personal politics just to fit your narrative.

Wrong Redmask. Go ask a public school teacher what would happen if they "Quit", I dare you to find out.

But you are correct about one thing - Obama's economy is the worst we've seen in most of our lifetimes, and yet there's still all the blowing air up our asses by the media. Cute isn't it?

I can care less anymore, I've worked my ass off and keep reaping the benefits of that hard work. All you suckers buying into the Obama bullshit will have miserable lives if you keep thinking there's some golden lunch for you at the end of Obama's rainbow. You go down that road to your own demise.

You sound like the miserable one here.

If a teacher quits mid-year they get their teaching license suspended. But if they're planning on quitting teaching altogether I don't think that would matter to them.

Correct about the teachers.

If I sound miserable to you, well I can't help you there.

I've never expected a golden lunch, and wouldn't want one if it was offered to me, I'm no ones slave and don't need others to provide for me when I'm capable. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of hard work from the piddly minimum wage years all the way up.

So many people are spoiled to death and they whine about absolutely nothing. Hard times are coming, and it's the Obama-minded needfulls who will be getting the brunt of the impact.

It just seems like you spend a lot of time in your life ruing "golden lunches" and Obama.

I wouldn't refer to welfare/food stamps/unemployment or whatever you're ranting about as a "golden lunch," it's more like a shit sandwich.

Specifically welfare/food stamps. Unemployment means you worked and want to work.

I live in the real world, apparently you have some idea of it. I lived poor, I know you never did. The abuse of the system is off the charts these days -- and a hefty majority are unwilling to give up their 'shit sandwiches' and gobble them down happily.

They keep hearing all that 'income inequality', 'baddie corporations', 'non-deserved rich guy', class envy, and all the other ridiculous "you deserve more for doing nothing" shit Obama touts daily, and they will never, I promise never get more - Democrats just wants them to believe they will - it's a load of shit to keep them voting for them. It's a sham and a pipe dream, and many of us feel helpless to help rid them of the shackles they put on themselves -- but that's what many have done, and more and more are doing. And the democrats are perfectly fine with it, there's more divisive crap invented every day to keep them busy.

But ya, keep up patting yourself on your back because you think people like me pointing out the truth are heartless, while you publicly shed a tear for all the needy -- your halo is blinding.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
33. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 19, 2014, 20:44 Axis

Time will tell, that we can be certain of.  

Yours truly,

Axis

33. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2014, 20:33 Axis

Sepharo wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 18:09:
Axis wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 17:55:

According to you both can leave and go work somewhere else, though most people don't look at that as a serious option in this economy was the point. Many people need their job and have no choice so the 'option' of leaving isn't really much of one. At least the government employee has the AFT to lobby on his behalf, whether I like unions or not is a different topic and you should stop making assumptions about others personal politics just to fit your narrative.

Wrong Redmask. Go ask a public school teacher what would happen if they "Quit", I dare you to find out.

But you are correct about one thing - Obama's economy is the worst we've seen in most of our lifetimes, and yet there's still all the blowing air up our asses by the media. Cute isn't it?

I can care less anymore, I've worked my ass off and keep reaping the benefits of that hard work. All you suckers buying into the Obama bullshit will have miserable lives if you keep thinking there's some golden lunch for you at the end of Obama's rainbow. You go down that road to your own demise.

You sound like the miserable one here.

If a teacher quits mid-year they get their teaching license suspended. But if they're planning on quitting teaching altogether I don't think that would matter to them.

Correct about the teachers.

If I sound miserable to you, well I can't help you there.

I've never expected a golden lunch, and wouldn't want one if it was offered to me, I'm no ones slave and don't need others to provide for me when I'm capable. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of hard work from the piddly minimum wage years all the way up.

So many people are spoiled to death and they whine about absolutely nothing. Hard times are coming, and it's the Obama-minded needfulls who will be getting the brunt of the impact.

Yours truly,

Axis

30. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2014, 17:55 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

31. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 19, 2014, 17:45 Axis

Redmask wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 12:39:
Axis wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 16:11:
Obama will go down as one of the (f not THE) most inept, divisive, and untruthful president in history.

The only thing he has going for him is the constant free pass, and he's damn near worn that pass out.

No he would have to do a lot more to outdo Bush. I think he'll go down as a fairly middling president.

Still stuck on the Bush thing 6 years later? Can't face the music like always. Obama is worse in every area that counts.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 18, 2014, 19:53 Axis

Ya we really enjoy the online tennis too. Never thought my kids would like it but they LOVE the golf.

I would never buy a PS4 or a Xbone, so our family orientated backwards compatible Wii U has hit the spot regardless of how it ends up selling overall.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 18, 2014, 16:11 Axis

Obama will go down as one of the (f not THE) most inept, divisive, and untruthful president in history.

The only thing he has going for him is the constant free pass, and he's damn near worn that pass out.

Yours truly,

Axis

1438 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo