Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1251 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Near; Wasteland Re-release Nearer
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Near; Wasteland Re-release Nearer Nov 7, 2013, 15:19 Axis

Hell ya it was cool to US, but to the other 98% we were a bunch of 'insert random homophobic insult here in plural'.

Now of course, they are too! Gotta love foresight...

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Nov 7, 2013, 12:10 Axis

Wildstar is on its way to massive failure. Not only is it a generic mmo with only a few novel ideas, their tester base is so small (through the grapevine) I doubt they're getting strong feedback, assuming they even listen.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Near; Wasteland Re-release Nearer
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Near; Wasteland Re-release Nearer Nov 7, 2013, 12:07 Axis

One I've been watching, played the crap outta the original on my C64.

Still have my c64. And my ti994a and amiga, datasette, notch puncher, and a whole lotta other things I knew would be cool someday, sure wasn't cool then...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Blackguards Early Access
1. Re: Blackguards Early Access Nov 6, 2013, 20:43 Axis

Gotta admit this one intrigued me. Early impressions seem favorable -- my kinda game if its done right.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
2. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 6, 2013, 20:33 Axis

I'm not for $30, least not yet. Hope they pull something good off, PoE got me spoiled tho.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Nov 2, 2013, 11:17 Axis

I can sum it up without even watching it.

Diablo 1 & 2 - innovative, fun, cutting edge.

Diablo 3 - Sham, Moneygrab, Noobbait.

PoE4L!!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
61. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 2, 2013, 11:05 Axis

Doesn't matter what these games look like except for shallow comparisons unless there's some new tech that truly pushes technology (which consoles don't do). It's all about the speed.

30 frames per second is only for 'console' players. Most PC gamers would never consider any game 'hardcore' if it runs at 30 fps regardless of platform.

60 frames per second is accepted and playable, but its only at 80 that games are virtually indistinguishable from gaming past CRT days of unlimited frames, where smooth gameplay shines.

Which is why you should always shoot for the lower resolutions on your 60 FPS monitor that allow you 75hz, or get a new one that does 120 or 144. The only 'real' difference that gives you a huge advantage outside of pure skill is when you are pushing 80 fps+ and seeing it.

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2013, 13:08 Axis

I find it funny the XB1 and PS4 fanboys are still going on the 'Developers just need time to learn new hardware, THEN we'll show you even though it may take a few years!' bandwagon that was true for prior systems.

Well it's pretty much WRONG this time, because they are both too close to PC architecture. It will improve, but not by much.

However, Wii U, very true and very 1080p already.

Yours truly,

Axis

55. Re: Call of Duty and Battlefield are higher-res on PS4 than Xbox One Nov 1, 2013, 12:56 Axis

Well some haven't figured out you simply won't get 'nextgen' for a sub $500 spec box -- not even taking into consideration controllers, cables, or any additions on top, even at a loss.

Meanwhile, I've got some killer titles dirt cheap while everyone was hoping Wii U was a bust. I hope they keep thinking that with Christmas coming up!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Thief Trailer
1. Re: Thief Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 12:42 Axis

I got some advice for future trailer makers.. if you are going to feature mainly a 'voice', make sure it's accent and inflections are consistent.

I'm guessing they went for Italian, couldn't tell it was all over the place. Silly trailer.

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 15:45 Axis

Seeing how hard drive speed is one of the major bottlenecks today, I'm glad to see Sony remedied this with a hard drive and bandwidth tech from early 2000...

Yea, these articles just prove what many have been saying since the whooping on the wii u specs -- it's not all rosy amazing nextgen for your beloved xbone and ps4 -- it's just plain old upgrading, and in some cases, not an upgrade at all.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > 100 More Steam Greenlights
14. Re: 100 More Steam Greenlights Oct 30, 2013, 10:49 Axis

ItBurn wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:18:
Axis wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:16:
More choice never trumps quality -- good games sell, especially in the indie scene.

But I know what you mean ITB, which is why voting of greenlight works for indies.

Greenlight is not needed for AAA which always have less passion -- just some hobbled 'throw money at it' formula and boom it's listed.

I haven't made a study on it or anything, but I think that if there are too many games, it ends up being "incredibly amazing games sell, good games don't."

Edit: I think that voting works, but Steam seems to me to be adding a crapton of games for the sake of it, not for quality. No way all these games got enough votes.

Ya that could be, not sure how some are getting voted but I dunno if it's just cause I don't like the kinda game or they are really gonna be crap.

However I think most steam users by default look through the 'new release' on load up, and click what's interesting -- I know that's been my 'steam workflow' anyway.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 Axis

I sure don't care about Titanfall. COD with Robots with a DnB backdrop is nothing that would woo me to a console, especially since its a FPS on a CONSOLE.

Wii U and PC for me.

Out of Wii U, Xbone, PS4 and PC, my PC is the only 'nexgen' in that list.

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: 100 More Steam Greenlights Oct 30, 2013, 10:16 Axis

More choice never trumps quality -- good games sell, especially in the indie scene.

But I know what you mean ITB, which is why voting of greenlight works for indies.

Greenlight is not needed for AAA which always have less passion -- just some hobbled 'throw money at it' formula and boom it's listed.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 09:00 Axis

The spin on this from the whitehouse is so bad. 80% of any actual signups are for medicaid, NOT obamacare, but they don't want you to know that, its ALL OBAMACARE GUYS!

There's no incentive for young healthy people to sign up for this trainwreck of a sham -- the good news is when Obama tries to force single-payer down once again, more people will have been be wise to his bullshit and hopefully get the incompetent goons out of out lives.

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: 100 More Steam Greenlights Oct 30, 2013, 08:53 Axis

I like the greenlight program. I'd rather see any titles with some sort of voting system as opposed to traditional 'I pay you and you put me on', especially since they're all indies.

Besides, I can't stand 90% of AAA games anymore, much happier to see the greenlights.

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 19:42 Axis

Wii U has had one hell of a rocky beginning in many ways, and at times I get pretty annoyed as much as I hate to admit it.

HOWEVER, It's such an easy pass on Xbone and PS4, I know I made the right decision if only because I view consoles as fun toys, srs bsns gaming is done on PC.

And the PS4 and Xbone is not so rosy as everyone fanboyed about. The Wii U has more 1080o x 60fps AAA titles, has the best legacy controls and an incredible 2nd display control (when done right like Rayman Legends), and is well known to never buckle in light of opposition.

I expect it will remain easily comparable should sales of the unit pick up which I'm convinced it will - Christmas is coming, hopefully Nintendo has some pixie dust up it's sleeve...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Oct 26, 2013, 22:28 Axis

ikr, I really should...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 15:01 Axis

It's actually one of the silliest 'reviews' I've seen.

He says absolutely nothing that anyone wouldn't know after playing it for 30 minutes.

After lavishly praising his obviously little time in the game, he applies some arbitrary unqualified 7/10 due to what appears to be his only complaint of 'no story'. Oh he also thinks combat is easy, its clear he never played past normal level and certainly not chaos or merciless, and without a doubt wouldn't have even attempted nemesis or any HC league where the only 'challenge' in any arpg is, and happens to be brutal in POE unless you have a year or more of understanding of the mechanics, or are lucky picking up a FOTM. And more players never means more monsters, just higher health pool only for them.

Bad review, zero confidence.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 11:55 Axis

SO Book-in-a-game eurogamer reviewer takes issue with action game because there's no book to read over and over and over.

So action games like ARPGs, FPS,s RTS's or their million of hybrids won't make you happy, fine. Then don't review them -- go back to reading or replay planescape 1000 times instead...

Yours truly,

Axis

1251 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo