Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1935 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:36 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:18:
Yeah no, you don't get to play the "use google do research" card when you made the assertion and have failed to backup your opinion. You made the claim, you get to back it up, its not on anyone else to support your opinion for you. That's an obvious attempt to dodge the issue.

People weren't asking for anything comprehensive here, you failed to provide even a single fact to support your statement. If you don't want to then whatever, fair enough but don't act indignant or surprised if people assume you're full of shit. All I'm getting from this so far is "I dont like liberals" which is ironically as close minded and politically motivated as the criticism against her. There are plenty of liberals I don't like but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs.

So I ask again:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas.

What decisions have rankled you here? A sampling is fine. How have her specific political beliefs (which ones) affected those decisions? Why is she "least qualified", which metrics are you referring to?

I genuinely have an open mind in this area and I've read several of decisions already and I'm not seeing anything big here so feel free to point it out.

That is the only response deserved since you and a few others you like to play the "Prove it" card Ad nauseam.

Voting record is fact, not opinion. Her past experiences are fact, not opinion. I backed it up with the voting record link, I'm not going to spend my time sending you links upon links - do that on your own time.

If you don't understand what you are reading (which you didn't bother to read at all), that's on you.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:09 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 08:54:
Still waiting to hear about all of these cases where her liberal ideology was detrimental. Bueller?

It starts by paying attention to what's going on in the world on a daily basis -- unfortunately for the majority of forum warriors, that practice cannot be taught (or linked). I know you like to expect others to do your research, but I've yet to see anyone offer to do so.

If you don't know where to start with the all powerful linking, then start here:

Ontheissues.org

Then feel free to look for neutral search terms like "Supreme, Court, Roundup, Voting, Record, Decisions," etc and follow the links. you'll find ones like (just one example):

NYT 2014

Now it's up to you to figure out everything from here. There's millions of articles out there Verno, most are just repeats. Fortunately for you, voting records are perfectly clear and not hard to find. They cannot be argued, they're fact.

Report back to me your findings.

Yours truly,

Axis

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 19:13 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:56:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:46:
Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:48:
PropheT wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:45:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:07:
Pourquoi? Her credentials seem exemplary and (short) voting record seem fine to me.

If I were to guess based on past posts it's because she's a liberally-appointed judge.

The only way the country works is if the people in her position vote according to the law rather than on their feelings, and there's been too many cases in the past ten years or so that have been divided on political lines in the Supreme Court. It's too bad that a few of them forget that they were appointed to uphold the law and not hold down a certain political line.

No. No no no no no no no no no.

The USSC is there to decide of laws overstep themselves. And they often do. Not to mention they often rely upon the Constitution, which is deliberately vague and our interpretation of it has swung wildly over its history.

PropheT got it right. I don't see how you can say "No no no" then make a point that does not dispute his point in the least. In fact, you instead made the same valid point that builds upon what he stated.

ProheT stated political lines need thrown out once you are in the USSC voting on the laws -- absolutely spot on. Then you said NONO, they vote on the laws that overstep themselves. Absolutely true, but PropheT already stated that, you just added a few words.

I think you just like to argue Beams...

As for my earlier statement:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas. (I won't bore you with the many links, you'd dismiss them anyway).

The supreme court is the one place that demands to be as neutral as possible, with the most amount of courtroom experience possible -- regardless of party lines, this is what we all should shoot for.

Huh?
Prophet said they need to vote based on law.
I said no, because sometimes the law is wrong and they need to overturn it. There isn't always law to point to that says the law they are overturning is wrong. Even when it is, it's usually the Constitution, and they rely upon their individual interpretation, not the actual letter of the Constitution nor prior rulings.

In other words, they use their feelings on the Constitution.

Do you understand how the USSC works?

Hear cases, interpret the law based on the law of the land.

Now that *you* understand how it works thanks to my simplified (yes I put it on "Laymen" Difficulty) way to define their primary duty, re-read everything prior to saying "Huh?" and realize that were wrong in "No No"ing Prophet...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
10. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 14:58 Axis

LittleMe wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:12:
D_K_night wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:23:
A dedicated LoL line? What does this mean for Net Neutrality?

Very likely prohibited under Net Neutrality since it would give special, preferential treatment, to the game's traffic flow.

Net Neutrality is more about 'fairness' than innovation.

Net Neutrality is about Government running it, nothing else. Fairness to one person is corruption to another.

As always in life, the only way to play your cards is with your ambition, voice, and wallet. The less those 3 things matter in your life, the more screwed you become... fair or not.

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 14:47 Axis

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:13:
"I have to say, everything in my—it should be that you should not be able—if a parent doesn't want her kids to buy violent video games, that should be the parents'—it should be that this law was OK, I guess is what I'm saying."

Apparently the ability to make a coherent sentence is no longer required to serve on the Supreme Court.

lol qft

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 14:46 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:48:
PropheT wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:45:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:07:
Pourquoi? Her credentials seem exemplary and (short) voting record seem fine to me.

If I were to guess based on past posts it's because she's a liberally-appointed judge.

The only way the country works is if the people in her position vote according to the law rather than on their feelings, and there's been too many cases in the past ten years or so that have been divided on political lines in the Supreme Court. It's too bad that a few of them forget that they were appointed to uphold the law and not hold down a certain political line.

No. No no no no no no no no no.

The USSC is there to decide of laws overstep themselves. And they often do. Not to mention they often rely upon the Constitution, which is deliberately vague and our interpretation of it has swung wildly over its history.

PropheT got it right. I don't see how you can say "No no no" then make a point that does not dispute his point in the least. In fact, you instead made the same valid point that builds upon what he stated.

ProheT stated political lines need thrown out once you are in the USSC voting on the laws -- absolutely spot on. Then you said NONO, they vote on the laws that overstep themselves. Absolutely true, but PropheT already stated that, you just added a few words.

I think you just like to argue Beams...

As for my earlier statement:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas. (I won't bore you with the many links, you'd dismiss them anyway).

The supreme court is the one place that demands to be as neutral as possible, with the most amount of courtroom experience possible -- regardless of party lines, this is what we all should shoot for.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 10:10 Axis

Kagan has never had any business being in the supreme court -- what an embarrassment.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
11. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 12:16 Axis

How about cutting all the fluff annoying cutscenes immediately when we want to without having to hack some shit. That would at least make me want to load up the game.

Then remove the 5-second-a-pop skinning animation among other long useless in-game animations that adds nothing but time wasting. That would make me want to play the game for more than 5 minutes.

Start with the basics...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 11:40 Axis

Relaxing fitness standards for the military lazyasses... how ridiculous. But 70% of the population being ineligible to serve? That's a load of shit.

I was a tech controller (oldschool "cyber" -- crypto, wan, multiplexers, crypto, circuits, etc) and maintained just fine. Everyone can and will or they are on the fat boy program or kicked out of the military.

Keep the "soft" out of the military, it's not for those people. Unfit people wanna work for them, contracting will make them way more money and they can be a gigantic as they like.

I have no problems with being heavy, I think the "war on fat" is stupid as fuck. However when we are talking military, that's a whole different level of expectations.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 30, 2014, 19:47 Axis

Kindle DX for reading, nothing comes even remotely close to e-ink. Nexus 10 for kids/games/experimenting. Nexus 5 for greatest business phone ever. PC for everything that matters in data and gaming.

Just predictable saturation and the realization from the uninformed masses that tablets are just fun distractions with virtually zero innovation -- not like it wasn't obviously coming....

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2014, 16:24 Axis

Krovven wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 15:22:
You mean the same Anonymous that took down Sony several times before? Yea they are bastions of morality.

Only stupid fucking idiot scrubs would think one is better than the other. Oh wait look who I'm talking too....

Only stupid fucking idiot scrubs would think one is better than another. True.

Did I win some kind of prize or did you just not comprehend this thread?

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2014, 13:21 Axis

Anonymous does it right, Kim Dotcom does not.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 27, 2014, 13:20 Axis

Fion wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 13:07:
I think more likely, 10 million people signed up for that free month to get free 2-day shipping only to cancel it when the 'auto-pay' kicks in.

True, but any of us prime lifers would tell ya it's hard to put down once you pick it up

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 12:02 Axis

Best quake mod ever was lithium, clanned more with that then even qwtf. This is very similar with the power-ups and grappling, just need to let us shoot while grappling and it could become my favorite new "game".  

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 19:35 Axis

Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 18:52:
Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 09:33:
There we go again more lame lipservice from Obama pushing his "regulation" mandates pretending to poo poo Sony for pulling the movie due to possible terrorist attacks -- while knowing full well he'd pull a "Benghazi" on Sony.

He'd blame them fully if they showed the film and some type of attack happened - just like he blamed some stupid silly movie for the very serious 9/11 Benghazi attack.

Now we all know it shouldn't have been pulled, but I'd be willing to bet Sony is a million times more bothered with Obama proven cowardice and likely response than any type of attack if it happened to happen, and they'd be demonized just like the poor little movie guy from before...

It's weird that you can't distinguish between a president criticizing self-censorship in the face of terrorist threats and a CIA assessment that a film influenced worldwide U.S. embassy protests. Had they gone through with releasing the comedy, in the extremely improbable event that NK launched an attack on us, I very much doubt that Sony would be a topic the president would be discussing between military response plans.

What's weird is that you can't distinguish between fact and fiction of the subject. But that's not my job, I'm just pointing out that Obama is a finger pointer who plays the blame game, and most often is far misguided on who he should be pointing at.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2014, 16:43 Axis

Grim Dawn was updated with a new act and it's on sale too - $12.50

One of the few single player loot balloon arpg's I like on occasion.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
24. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 16:40 Axis

Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 16:37:
Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 09:35:
I was talking to beamer, not you Sepharo -- you just got in the quote as he quoted you - you know how the quotes work right?

You specifically addressed it to both of us.
Do you read your own posts or just write them?

Edit: Hahah oops. Mea culpa. It was "you lack both" not "you both lack". I apologize. I guess it's time I take my own reading comprehension class.

No worries seph, I give you respect for integrity -- you don't see it much anymore, especially in forums.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 15:03 Axis

verybad1 wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 13:30:
Please keep politics off of Blue's. I come here to get away from that sort of stuff.

Thanks you.

I've said it plenty of times, so has others. We think it generates hits, or perhaps blue or whomever just likes to throw in come partisan shenanigans occasionally, who knows.

It certainly isn't the oldschool way even if it is an oldschool site...

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 09:57 Axis

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 09:55:
Oh my god, he mentioned Benghazi again in another thread. He has to be the only person still mentioning that.

wow man... just wow.

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 09:35 Axis

I was talking to beamer, not you Sepharo -- you just got in the quote as he quoted you - you know how the quotes work right?

However, you do love to sensationalize and exxagerate - I was specific and stated facts - has no influence on me at this stage in my life - but it sure will on many others.

Yours truly,

Axis

1935 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo