Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1264 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
125. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 16:16 Axis

FloorPie wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 16:12:
This is news? There have been reports of this for years with the "gov" spying on WoW "Terrorists" (gold farmers?). Probably listening in to all the sexting going on in the Ironforge tramways.

9/11 is almost irrelevent in terms of conspiracy theories at this point. There is plenty of in your face evidence out there to not trust any government agency.

Don't tell the liberal base that, they put ALL their trust into the government - they love it!

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 16:09 Axis

Soundcards were a must for me from 90s to about mid 2k. Now the onboards of any decent Mobo is solid and fairly standardized.

If you do anything substantial with DAWs obviously you need a soundcard and not one designed for gamers. But you also need flat response monitors or the entire setup is wasted.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
117. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 15:58 Axis

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 15:36:

yeah and Santa Claus and Jesus are real to.

Jesus wasn't real eh? Ya neither was Christopher Columbus, Isaac Newton , Alexander the Great or anyone else without a digital photo for proof. /laf

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
22. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2013, 16:37 Axis

The only hope for America is to get rid of all these lousy asses on both sides (of which are the vast majority) and get people like Cruz and Lee who actually have a clue and real passion to go along with it.

They scare the fk outta libs and repubs both, and for good reason.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2013, 16:33 Axis

WinUAE is THE Amiga emulator. No reason to keep developing it, plays everything I've thrown at it flawlessly.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Microsoft ends Windows 7 retail sales. Dec 8, 2013, 16:30 Axis

I love MS making moves like this. Just helps everyone move to linux boxes. Because while many people will prefer Windows 7 over most linux OS's, they would generally prefer a linux OS over a Win8 one. And if they wouldn't they just don't know better, or just enjoy pulling their hair out and paying stupid amounts of money for Office apps...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
43. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2013, 10:34 Axis

While you have a point Suppa, it's certainly not in disbelief of my point which is not related to your reply at all.

I never had a deep love of nintendo games, never owned a nintendo hardware or game until the Wii. I grew up on the atari2600 and moved onto ti-99, then c64, amiga, 386 etc, nintendo holds no nostalgia factor for me.

However I appreciate simple family games as I have a family. And nintendo, whether people like it or not, has the bulk of family games - regardless of sticking to whatever formula people expect. They have the majority of family games And that's the reason I support them, has nothing to do with their track record or my own idea of what direction they should go.

I also appreciate and thrive on hardcore games, and the PC is the only platform for being a hardcore gamer.

So what are you supporting if you go with a xbone or ps4? Mediocre pc hardware with gimped controls, shitty frame locks and overpriced across the board. To each their own.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2013, 11:56.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 6, 2013, 21:23 Axis

ipad vs C64 was pretty funny, C64 wins on bootup+!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 6, 2013, 21:20 Axis

Destiny... another bungie game wasted on consoles.

Yours truly,

Axis

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2013, 18:28 Axis

Stanly Manly wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 18:14:
I really don't understand the whole thing about a competition between the Wii U and the other "next gen" consoles. I currently have a ps3, xbox360, and Wii... not to mention a couple of 3ds's.

My first "next gen" console purchase was a Wii U, because there just isn't any compelling reason for me to buy a PS4 or XBox1 right now.

I really like the Wii U, and my kids absolutely love it. Honestly, most people will snub the Wii U for not being the same spec as other machines, but that is just an elitist thing. The games we have on it are fun as hell, and neither me or my kids care if the graphics are not super high end.

There is nothing wrong with Nintendo. What is wrong is that most gamers today want super competitive, graphically dazzling titles that they can say they are awesome in. I doubt any of the Madden 2148 or COD 18 players would ever look at Pikmin or Mario titles, even though those games are great fun.

I've owned Nintendos since the NES, and I have loved every system. It saddens me that there are not enough gamers that genuinely appreciate the types of fun quirky games that make Nintendo consoles a must buy in my household.

We're a dying breed Stanly... The guys who can both enjoy simple family games yet absolutely obliterate 'the fad gamer' in some PC quakelive. Or... get obliterated by current strong clanners without any rage whatsoever, just appreciation.

Yours truly,

Axis

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2013, 14:02 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 12:36:
What the Hell Is Wrong With Nintendo?

According to Axis, nothing. Nintendo consoles and games are the perfect counterpoint to the PC.

Oh cmon now JD, I've been plenty vocal about Nintendo's many shortcomings. But I certainly didn't join the gloom and doom bandwagon of internet sheepdom.

I also knew that the 'nextgen' ps4xbone consoles weren't much a stretch better, in some cases worse as they are simply a watered down PC with shittier controls.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Vector Jumps Onto Steam
9. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 17:01 Axis

I like quality games regardless of where they come from. I consider top quality indie games like PoE or Minecraft. Top quality AAA games like TF2 or Baldurs Gate.

Your cup of tea or not, top quality games have consistent support on top of an engaging gameplay experience per game.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2013, 18:02.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
24. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 16:51 Axis

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 15:22:
Axis wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 14:37:
The cooldown timer is 20 seconds, they implemented it to stop the servers getting overloaded with requests as some had it auto-oos which is against the tos anyway.

I barely use the oos command unless I'm forced to target a mob like a boss, once you figure out it's the mob targeting that causes most desyncs you'll almost never need to /oos.

If their servers had enough hamsters, that wouldn't be an issue and/or we wouldn't need /oos. And I'm not sure you realize how ridiculous it is to suggest people don't click on monsters in an ARPG...

It's not raw power, its the way they've made the system to avoid client-side hacks, all the hamsters in the world won't help.

However... I'm not sure you don't realize how ridiculously easy it is to avoid clicking mobs with most builds the vast majority of the time playing. But if you wanna desync outta HC you go right ahead, plenty do. I'm just offering the ONLY SOLUTION there is, not 'suggesting' anything.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 14:37 Axis

The cooldown timer is 20 seconds, they implemented it to stop the servers getting overloaded with requests as some had it auto-oos which is against the tos anyway.

I barely use the oos command unless I'm forced to target a mob like a boss, once you figure out it's the mob targeting that causes most desyncs you'll almost never need to /oos.

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 14:21 Axis

Tumbler wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:58:
Graham wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:48:
That said, if you're a PC gamer, get a god damned Wii U.

After buying the PS4 I'm spending most of my time on my PC again. The games aren't really there yet to demand people spend money in my opinion. Titanfall might change that but since it's coming to pc... (for now...) I bought Xcom Enemy Within Sunday and I think I've put in at least 20 hours in the last two days. That is an amazing addition to that game. I didn't realize it was basically just adding a ton more stuff to do on the main campaign.

Been trying to play iron man exclusively and...man does that rip your heart out every chance it gets. Fuck you Chrysalis. Those seem a little overpowered compared to everything else. They get obscene movement, can attack after huge movement distances and often 1 hit kill you even at full health. Oh and then you turn into a zombie with 10 hit points.

Doesn't help matters that overwatch seems to cut your aiming skill in half...#$@#$@ so many slow mo misses. They only time you should be slo mo is when you fucking HIT!

Really enjoying that game on ironman. Although using cybernetics so far seems like a waste because my guys are getting blown away too fast.

Pro-Tip: NEVER take all your Squad Site snipers on the same missions. EVER. Losing that support SUCKS.

Oh and FUCK EXALT. FUCK THOSE GUYS. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Zerg motherfuckers. They must have some special power to make my guys miss because they ripped me to pieces the last time I faced them.

Crystal Ball Axis did buy a Wii U! I weathered the haters, continue to weather the haters, love the cheap system price, love the power to do anything the others can do even with a 2nd screen, love the cheap games, love the new tech, love the future linup, love that my kids love it, love that it works for all my old wii games, but most of all love the fact that it's the last 'real console' in it's uniqueness so I can continue to just enjoy the experience of a console toy while keeping the 'real' gaming to my pc which blows every 'nextgen' console out of the water without any of the crappy limitations like controls, frame locks, etc.

Yes, Crystal Ball Axis sounds about right!

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 14:07 Axis

I was a very verbal noise about the desync issues. It's a real problem for PoE; died many times to it, however almost none anymore after much experimentation.

Aside from the oos keybind there's one trick that virtually no one speaks of and virtually eliminates hard desyncs. That is never ever clicking on the mobs while attacking unless absolutely necessary (like bosses).

It forces your hand to get creative in builds and skill choice, but is absolutely necessary if you don't want to eventually randomly die to desync (and it can still happen, just not likely).

This has enabled me to create some interesting builds that haven't died in HC, but if you know the game you can figure out which skills don't require focused clicking on mobs - summoners, leapers, spec throw, most aoe skills, totems, guesstimated bow shots (shoot before the mob), on and on.

It limits choices, but removes a gigantic stumbling block in the game engine. I only play new HC leagues and I couldn't be happier now that I've nailed the real issue of mob targeting causing the majority of desyncs.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Hate your friendsí Facebook posts? Now you can unfollow them. Dec 3, 2013, 11:50 Axis

Obamacare. Doesn't work on the web worth a crap, and won't work in execution. You think 7.5 million healthy young are going to choose to get covered? hilarious, Obama knew that answer too.

Next step single payer MORE govt or repeal.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 11:42 Axis

Sure I'll say it... told ya!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
73. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 2, 2013, 19:16 Axis

Beamer is just one of 'those' guys... He goes from 'PC is dead" to "It's dying" to "It will eventually die" in one long paragraph that eventually just reiterates what we all know that things simply evolve.

For the record I don't ever feel the need to 'block' people. The goofs get banned, the others I either agree with or not. 'Ignore' is a feature for the weak.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 19:08 Axis

Terrible sales overall, pretty lamo nothing much worth picking up. Cept Wii U games, a bunch of good titles were dirt cheap. Gotta love that the same game for the other 'popular' consoles were/are 4x the price.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1264 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo