Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1390 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 20:37 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 20:33:
Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 20:32:
make that mountain out of a molehill

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 19:59:

Talk frame rates? Talk frame rates. Wii U wasn't included. I included it.

Having read the gamut of forums the last month it's obvious we're enjoying our Wii U a hell of a lot more than people are enjoying their xbone or PS4.

If the Wii U is dead, then it's the coolest zombie in our living room...

Thanks?

Do more drugs Beamer, that's my advice.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 20:32 Axis

Yea Beamer, you make that mountain out of a molehill - you can do it!

I got a tissue for you in my pocket if it's so tough for you to handle.

Yours truly,

Axis

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 20:22 Axis

Redmask wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 20:03:
The Wii U is in deep shit, the sales are atrocious no matter how many you buy for your living room. Nintendo needs to step it up.

I don't disagree about Nintendo making some changes, I've stated the same plenty of times, up to them I don't care one way or another.

I just got plenty more than my money's worth with the Wii U -- and have absolutely no interest in either the xbone or ps4.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy Jan 23, 2014, 20:12 Axis

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 19:56:
Axis - what are you liking about it? What about some of the reports of slow performance and at least a few quest breaking bugs?

Well first off the feel is terrific, nostalgic feel like you are playing the original series with all the streamline you'd expect and just enough bells and whistles to make it interesting but not over the top bling-full like so many games these days. A real breath of fresh air.

I have an extremely powerful PC and am not noticing any performance problems on max running at 144fps solid (awesome monitor ftw) -- so I'm not the best person to ask. However the beta did occasionally stagger here and there for no apparent reason on my rig, so obvious improvements have been made.

I haven't seen any bugs yet. If something pops up and screws my current party over I won't sweat it as I'm going slow and reading forums as I've done this dance before. Multiple saves usually win, and I keep checking the forums for any gotchas. I also know it's going to be modded to death, so I'm not concerned.

I admit much of my enjoyment is purely cause I loved the originals (the early ones, xeen etc) so much, and M&M Legacy nails that original feel very closely.

Honeymoon period certainly, but I don't praise unless I know it'll hold my attention for awhile.

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 19:59 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 13:21:
BitWraith wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 13:09:
Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:42:
Most 1080p games on the WII U run at 60fps. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Resolution is just one piece of the puzzle.

I run games at 1080P on my PC. I get 60 fps on some, 30 on some. less on others. Depends on the graphics options of said game. Would the Wii U run Crysis 3 at 1080P, 60 FPS with decent quality settings? I doubt it.

Thank you. It's amazing how many people repeatedly don't understand that, in a vacuum, resolution and frame rate are utterly meaningless.

But this report compares the same game on two platforms, which makes it much, much more meaningful.

Talk frame rates? Talk frame rates. Wii U wasn't included. I included it.

Having read the gamut of forums the last month it's obvious we're enjoying our Wii U a hell of a lot more than people are enjoying their xbone or PS4.

If the Wii U is dead, then it's the coolest zombie in our living room...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy Jan 23, 2014, 19:41 Axis

Having completed several of the old M&M games in the 90s, I can safely say this game has been long in coming.

I'm totally digging it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2014, 11:49 Axis

I'm just glad my netflix sub replaced comcast ages ago and saved me a ton of dosh.  

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 11:42 Axis

Most 1080p games on the WII U run at 60fps. Just thought I'd throw that out there...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 11:38 Axis

ESO is bland boring same ole same ole. Least we all usually agree on gaming trends...  

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 21:59 Axis

Go Netflix Go! Big Hurray for Capitalism, my fatter wallet loves you!  

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Netflix & TWD Jan 22, 2014, 12:58 Axis

Ant wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 01:31:
John wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 01:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 11:27:
They will. The comment wasn't about asap, just carrying...
Yeah, I know they do have past season episodes but I don't like to wait because I have coworkers who discuss the episodes the day after they air and I don't like to feel left out.

So they will start airing new episodes? That'd be good.
Does Netflix even carry any recently aired episodes for any TV shows?

Not really Ant, to get a solid TV show schedule HULU is the only really good option out there.

Hulu has a couple gotchas tho, nothing deal-breaking but also not entirely obvious at first:

1. Hulu has commercials. They are not long (an hour-long normal broadcast is about 45 minutes on hulu). Also a timer pops up when they come up so you know how long you have.

2. Once newly aired shows 'expire' (varys, seems about a month or so) you will no longer be able to access them via a device like Roku, but can still watch them on your PC. I get around that with my laptop hooked up HDMI to my TV, but if you 'keep up' within a few weeks of airing, you won't need to do that.

3. Not all shows are archived. Just depends on the type of licence they get.

Hulu has been great. I'm not much of a TV person, but for $8 a month you cant beat having access to tv shows for your family to watch when they want without a bazillion commercials.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: HDDs Jan 22, 2014, 12:48 Axis

Just google 'Seagate Firmware', and be glad you were fortunate enough not to buy many of those types of drives in an enterprise situation. I'll never buy or recommend another.

If I hadn't had the know-how to access the drives via low level telnet commands with a nokia cable I pinned out myself, one company in particular would have been completely screwed.

It's true though Ant, Hitachi drives are fantastic in my personal experience - never had a single one fail.

I've had several WD fail, but also a higher count of WD drives I've maintained.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2014, 12:42 Axis

Surely it will happen.

Rockstar just milk the console sales as much as possible first as they always do, then the PC version will be released and be the greatest version ever due to mods, also as usual : )

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2014, 20:46 Axis

Fion wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 19:39:
On a side note, don't buy Alienware. You pay a premium for the cheapest parts they can find.

Seagate drives = firmware nightmares. Never buy seagate drives.

Yours truly,

Axis

53. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 19:22 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 19:02:
Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:25:
Beamer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:10:
Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 15:39:
I doubt you personally even know someone who has.

This is why no one really bothers engaging you most of the time.

Though I personally was never impoverished, I'm just going to wager that working criminal law in an impoverished city, and then living in Kentucky which is basically a poor white wasteland, has given me a plenty better view than most people.

Those people had no job options and no skills. When you're a 25 year old with no skills, you're never really going to get them. Not that it matters, even the ones with skills can't find employment to use those skills. And even if they decided to start a business, no one around them has money to spend at the business, because they have no skills or employment.

As I stated, you are an inspiration to all those poor young adults. I'm sure they appreciate your confidence that they'll never become skilled or successful at anything.

Are you running out and hiring unskilled 25 year olds?

For them to gain any skill, they'd have to, what, dedicate a full 4 years to it? Where will they get the time to do that when they have to support themselves?

And once they have skills, where will they take those skills, when no one in their community pays skilled employees?

And, even if someone did, why would they hire a skilled 29 or 30 year old when there are skilled 20 year olds to hire?

Man I'm glad I ignored blabber like this from others in my early years. Bit too common these days though, would be harder to resist just giving in -- you liberals got them well shackled.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 19:07 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 18:45:
Comcast's New 'Broadcast TV Fee' Arrives This Week.

How can they do this, you ask? In a monopoly they get to do whatever they like. That's the beauty of it (for them). Like the article says, $1.2 billion skyscrapers don't build themselves.

HD antennae + Netflix + Hulu + Roku (with some terrific private channels, and Plex for my own streaming) = $16 a month and thousands more interesting movies and tv shows than my entire family could ever imagine watching.

Comcast / Verizon / Dish = minimum of $60 for 100 channels that has more commercials than content, and the content is mostly crap at any given time.

We only watch the local stations 90% of the time for shows like Survivor, the Olympics, that kind of stuff or we wouldn't even have the antenna. Regardless, all perfect HD with our attic antenna and free with the best quality possible -- much better than comcast's broadcasts.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2014, 16:57 Axis

Hey look! Researchers finally discovered what everyone in the linux industry has known for the last umpteen years - that linux is the most secure OS!! Hurray!

Oh wait! Hurry go back to your Microsoft Office and WinWhatever -- we don't want our gravy train spilled...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
46. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 16:42 Axis

Apparently desktops don't exist anymore and Crossfire is the only game that plays worth a shit on laptops?

Or... it's South Korea.

My bet is people play it on their smartwatch vpn'd to their tablet remotely connected to their linux laptop running the game via wine where the blow up doll sits wearing google glass and has a live twitchtv feed that plays 24/7...

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 16:25 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:10:
Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 15:39:
I doubt you personally even know someone who has.

This is why no one really bothers engaging you most of the time.

Though I personally was never impoverished, I'm just going to wager that working criminal law in an impoverished city, and then living in Kentucky which is basically a poor white wasteland, has given me a plenty better view than most people.

Those people had no job options and no skills. When you're a 25 year old with no skills, you're never really going to get them. Not that it matters, even the ones with skills can't find employment to use those skills. And even if they decided to start a business, no one around them has money to spend at the business, because they have no skills or employment.

As I stated, you are an inspiration to all those poor young adults. I'm sure they appreciate your confidence that they'll never become skilled or successful at anything.

Yours truly,

Axis

48. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2014, 15:39 Axis

Beamer... what can I say you are a pope of inspiration to the poor. Please keep up the idealism and parroting of the talking points - you are helping their situation immensely..

In the very least seph seems intelligent about the situation if not extremely experienced with the hard facts of reality among the abuse of the system, and the system that abuses the abusers.

Not a single one of you had the experience of poverty. I doubt you personally even know someone who has.

Yours truly,

Axis

1390 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo