Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1387 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Feb 8, 2014, 11:06 Axis

Yep Crap.  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2014, 11:06 Axis

Destiny has all the Halo Fannies swooning, so it'll be popular even if it was a steaming pile.

FPS on consoles... too funny.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 6, 2014, 16:14 Axis

I refuse to go below 100hz, it's great having my CRT days of higher frames per second days again.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: CEA: 73% Of Those Who See An Ultra HD TV Want One Feb 6, 2014, 12:31 Axis

Axis: 95% Of Those Who See A Smokin Hawt Chick Want One.

Axis: 5% Of Those Who See An Enema Want One.

Axis: 50% Of Those In The Above Two Examples Would Take An Enema From A Smokin Hawt Chick. It Goes Up To 85% When A Happy Ending Is Included.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 12:15 Axis

Kicking Comcast to the curb long ago was the best thing we ever did as a family. And with our HD ant, netflix, hulu and roku we have 100x more than they gave us for 1/10 the price...

And sure EA are creeps. However 'in-app purchases' or 'time based' unlocks found in so many android games from publishers don't get a dime from me anyway.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > January Steam Hardware & Software Survey
4. Re: January Steam Hardware & Software Survey Feb 3, 2014, 15:37 Axis

avianflu wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 13:58:
most popular GPU at 5% is the Intel 4000 GPU -- I assume we are looking at laptops

Most desktops sold don't include a dedicated GPU, casual gamers don't tend to install them seperately. Any of the intel GPU's in the survey are both desktops and laptops.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Loadout
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:23 Axis

This old man thinks the game is hilarious. Haven't had too many matches but runs smooth with exceptionally varied gameplay and tons of personality.

Definitely not for the kiddies, so ya Cutter better ask yer parents since you are under 14!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion
4. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 20:26 Axis

I like Garriott and glad he's going back to what he did so well.

I think the game has huge potential (especially for us old ultima dudes) but time will tell as always.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
16. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 20:15 Axis

BobBob wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 19:02:
Axis wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 15:53:
My days of Quakecon were some of the best when I lived in Austin in the 90s. What a time...

I never envied people attending Quakecon while I was having hourly and daily sexual encounters with a girlfriend during those times.

always one of these guys isn't there...

Well Bob, now you know why she was pent up during quakecon - I was away in Dallas.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Loadout
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 20:07 Axis

If the trailer doesn't make you want to at least try it, you have no pulse!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
9. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 15:53 Axis

My days of Quakecon were some of the best when I lived in Austin in the 90s. What a time...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Jan 31, 2014, 15:51 Axis

I liked Amalur if only because I dig Salvatore, so many DnD books I've read from him over the years. But the game is solid fun too.

The FOV is console-terrible, surprising given experienced PC devs were managing it -- but there's 3rd party fixes for it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2014, 14:10 Axis

Prez wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 23:10:
In a normal year I wouldn't balk at the price increase for Amazon Prime because I love it but couple a substantial increase with the fact that this year I started paying sales tax for Amazon purchases (I live in TN) and suddenly Amazon starts becoming significantly less appealing. Hopefully the increase will only be in the $10-$15 range.

Still you'll pay taxes, spend the time and gas driving, and about 10% to 50% more for many things locally. Very few items are cheaper unless you go to walmart, auctions, or flea markets -- we do almost all our shopping at these places, but also occasionally get good deals on eBay, Craigslist or sites like woot slickdeals etc. There's a few local places I support, a hardware store, butcher, couple others - good people with good business sense.

It's not about what you can afford, it's about what you can save so you can afford the things you don't need while still maintaining funds for a future... : )

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 31, 2014, 14:01 Axis

I like our Ouyas, we use them as a tiny box like our Roku for streaming but usually just play games. One is untouched official, the other I've hacked to death which has been a blast. (you can use wired controllers btw, generic, xbox you name it)

While it didn't shake things up as I hoped, it also didn't have the type of integration expected like google play, a usable touch pad, and stronger wifi.

I have no desire to 'upgrade' to a new one, our existing ones fit our uses perfectly. I'll need to see more compelling reasons than the few fixes and upgraded hardware -- I have more than enough current tech toys at any given time...

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 21:54 Axis

Killswitch wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 21:40:
Fletch wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 20:36:
I have no problem with Amazon raising the subscription fee. It's still more than worth it to me.

Sounds to me like you're a prime example of why they're raising the fee.

Never know! There's the slight possibility it may have just a leeetle bit to do with us ordering a $5 bag of beef jerky and have it sent within 2 days!

There's plenty of people who would balk at the fee raise, yet waste thousands of dollars on their chosen luxuries like smoking, going out to eat, cable TV, or other things I've given up over the years.

I can afford to pick them back up these days, but man no thanks - I'll just stick with stuff like Prime : )

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 21:17 Axis

Prime is a luxury. It's one of those luxuries you get used to and don't want to live without.

I'm fine with them raising the price -- it's well worth it and a luxury I'll keep.

Oh and ya IE sure is doing well. /laf

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Edge of the Mists Trailer
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Edge of the Mists Trailer Jan 29, 2014, 13:57 Axis

GW2 has followed the exact path I expected. Not a worthy successor to GW1 and zero longevity for the vast majority, but worth a playthrough.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2014, 09:55 Axis

Greater minds than us have debated it, and it's pretty clear where the truth lies if you're honest with yourself.

The vast majority of that truth is on the side that natural occurrence of CO2 far outweighs any human, a few percent based on the last time I actually cared to look at statistics. And the natural workings of our universe trump all.

I don't know anyone who doesn't prefer cleaner burns, less litter, fresher water, by all means keep working on those technologies. But demonizing our energy use without dictating the energy use of the rest of the world is naive and self-defeating at best, and statistically wouldn't make an iota of difference.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
13. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 28, 2014, 09:30 Axis

Cutter is just a regurgitator, rarely thinks for himself.

However M/K are pretty worthless on consoles, and if you don't know the difference between a M/K on a console vs a PC you shouldn't be running a gaming shop.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2014, 20:24 Axis

I guessed at least half won't deliver with my unscientific vast experience -- pretty damn close to that scientific guy eh?

Yours truly,

Axis

1387 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo