Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1558 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
26. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 11:38 Axis

Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:58:
Axis wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:50:
Haven't wanted to play a Far Cry game since the first (and imo the best one).

Definitely don't want to start again with FC 4...

Do you ever have anything positive to say about games or is it your just a grumpy assed person in general?

A quick check in my generally positive post history shows a stark difference from your generally negative history.

What really adds to forum acidity are people like you, Darks, who insult for no reason with no justification -- an attempt to make your selfish, bitter self feel better.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
8. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 09:50 Axis

Haven't wanted to play a Far Cry game since the first (and imo the best one).

Definitely don't want to start again with FC 4...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
13. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 20, 2014, 00:22 Axis

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 21:01:
Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 18:36:
I don't purchase ANY fps/tfps etc game if the frames are capped at any speed. I play FPS's at 120+ these days and I ain't ever going back.

Name 1 FPS released in the last year or two that you play with max settings and get 120+ fps in?

And ya might want to go read the Steam post, where they have links to video footage they took (with machine specs) uncapped.

Give me 1 reason I would desire to play any FPS with max settings? I get 144 solid on every FPS I play because I play for skill not for bling.

And if I feel like playing some FPS story like Fear, I go for middle of the road settings, primarily because I can't stand all the shiny shit people seem to love like bloom, blur, dof etc -- and still get a solid 144. I don't piss around with shit PC's, I don't waste my money on consoles or console games - so I'm glad to beef my PCs.

Max settings are for RPGs, RTS's, Story games, that kinda shit.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2014, 18:46 Axis

Not even this makes Obama seem hip anymore...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Minimum Adds New Content
1. Re: Minimum Adds New Content Jun 19, 2014, 18:42 Axis

Game is good, but they have been focusing too much on stuff that doesn't matter this early in the game's state and lost a ton of players.

When the game was 'unbalanced' and raw, there was a steady stream of increasing players for good reason - it was pure fun and you saw comment after comment of happy players. Unfortunately now the pace is very *off* and gameplay suffers and every comment is some complaint about shit that doesn't matter *right now* when there's a million other things that still need implemented.

Having said that, I think it has very good potential to bring in the old school FPS players, but Human Head already has succumbed to the faddy-school of players (who insist on technical above enjoyment) and it's barely keeping 20 on at a time.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
2. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 19, 2014, 18:36 Axis

I don't purchase ANY fps/tfps etc game if the frames are capped at any speed. I play FPS's at 120+ these days and I ain't ever going back.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
54. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:32 Axis

I didn't want to watch the Divinity stream, but man am I glad I did - that editor holy shit -- looks way better than I'd hoped!!

Looks like it's going to blow NWN's editor out of the water...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 18:14 Axis

For all the variety TF2 has with characters and weapons, it's one of the most balanced FPS games in all of FPS's history.

I can destroy (to the point many rage quit) with every class, the only ones I don't like playing are the engi and heavy - the engi is hands-off auto, the heavy is for 'winning' - and I don't like to win or sit back in my games, I like to kick your ass.

Pubs = facestomp. Clanning, different story.

Yours truly,

Axis

49. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:51 Axis

The campaign in Divinity's early access is about 20% of the game (at least it was a couple months ago, the game might be even bigger by now), and I shit you not you can spend a game's-worth of hours just playing around with characters till you find a combo you like the most.

The campaign can be played however you like, and it's heavily story based. Initially I paid attention to all the conversations (heck you can even disagree and argue with your own party memebers, who then get different character bonus's based on how *you* think they would respond).

After a few play-throughs I just tried to be as creative as possible with the engine, training the city with orcs, surrounding npc's with flammables, reloading loots, poisoning the locals, burning down locked doors, all kinds of stuff you can do. I cannot WAIT for the mod editor - that will just put the game into epic status.

Hell, me and Horrorscope were talking the other night, I recognized his name and we're all in global chat - how's that for cool... You'll love it man I'm tellin ya.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2014, 16:58 Axis

All Atari needed as a "comeback strategy" was to make ONE good DND game in all the years they ran with the IP.

Now with their new strategy, they can appeal to the 2% LGBT of the world because they see it has 60% of the current headlines, and try to get blood from the stones, aka chronic gamblers...

Dumbasses...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Jun 19, 2014, 16:54 Axis

Pillars of Eternity should be PoEt. i said it first.. catch on!

Finally a good year for RPGs...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 16:51 Axis

ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:44:
descender wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:27:
We were too busy making these great guns worse.
TF2 as an idea and in presentation is fantastic. TF2 as a game is absolutely terrible these days.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. It's one of the only really enjoyable FPS's out there if you aren't a CODrone.

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:45 Axis

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:00:
Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:34:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

Has that come out yet? I thought it was still in development.

It's early access still. I'm waiting til it comes out, I swore off all early access and Kickstarter stuff no matter the pedigree of the devs. Hopefully it'll be great as expected but I don't mind waiting and paying an extra little bit of money.

The release date is still set for June 30, 11 days from now. If you're planning to get it at release, might as well grab it now and take advantage of the discount.

Yea the game will be released on the 30th, editor sometimes afterwards. The game itself is incredibly fun, kind of a mashup between Baldurs Gate and oldschool might and magic games, but with one of the most enjoyable 'environment' engine I've ever played (physics, item interaction/reaction, elements, etc) - lots of freedom & strategy and designed to be completely mod-able. The single player game has an in-game chat system that anyone can participate in, really adds something special and it's being kept in release. Such a minor thing yet adds so much while playing.

I have very little patience for redoing content, but its been a joy every patch (they break the saves) since everything is so varied and done so well - I've done the intro mission/early content about 6 times and I have absolutely no patience for that kinda stuff normally.

The community is overwhelmingly positive, just read the forums -- It's worth a check if you like RPGs.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:34 Axis

If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2014, 20:22 Axis

Good to see Mac continuing it's outrageous pricing for sub-par components. Keep choosing the blue pill macheads...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
23. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 17:02 Axis

I play TF2 almost every night - scout on Hightower - just to keep up the skills.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 14:09 Axis

Looks same ole same to me -- a standard Witcher game with Geralt as usual.

I like the IP, and I'm sure the game will be good, but I didn't see anything special. What is it you guys liked so much?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 8
1. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 8 Jun 14, 2014, 15:28 Axis

I wasn't impressed with BF4 at all, but something about the new Hardline is immensely fun and satisfying even if I'm stating so within the honeymoon period of beta.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
11. Re: It will come Jun 14, 2014, 15:21 Axis

Can't blame companies to go where they perceive the money to be, but I don't put them on my favorite list when they sell out to consoles with exclusives. Wanna play both sides (like Rockstar), fine we'll accept your strategy of release dates. Wanna 'exclusive' (like Bungie), no thank you we don't want you -- it's very likely you'll have consolitis should you return anyway.

Besides, when it was first announced eons ago (aka "pc dying fad") they had absolutely no intention to develop it for PC. I'll be glad to keep them to their word and never buy it on PC.

I also couldn't care less about a the half-ass FPS Halo or it's derivatives (console fannies will go nuts here, but it's a fact -- just a vanilla FPS that works as well as it can on sub-par FPS controllers).

All they accomplished was to be one of first to do "FPS's" well on a console, nothing special beyond that and its very effective hype-machine.

When I think of bungie, I think of MTFL (and even Oni, I friggin loved that game). The first halo on was 'ok', but most of us were too busy clanning in dedicated FPS's or losing sleep during the heydays of MMOs...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 12, 2014, 09:17 Axis

There was a time not long ago that alpha/beta was based entirely on an application process that asked the right questions, and if you got in and didn't participate in the way you were expected then you were revoked access -- that's the only way to get 'dedicated' testers - and it worked a treat.

Now as for Divinity Original Sin... cannot.. I say.. I say.. I cannot wait! Game is gonna be huge.

Yours truly,

Axis

1558 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo