Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1548 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 19:16 Axis

How does LoX play right now Horrorscope? After you mentioned it a bit ago I looked it up and it did look like the kind of game I'd play - but with D:os around the corner I figured I'd wait to plunge.

Also I sometimes slow down games like beat-em-ups and pinball games, it's just more fun sometimes...

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 13:00 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 11:34:
Cram wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 00:55:
hey hey, another majority on Bluesnews actually excited and/or pleased about a game. Kudos. One that's kickstarted, no less.

I gave it a go about a week ago, a Fighter/Cleric combo. I found it damn slow, both movement while exploring and battle system even compared to Baldur's Gate. However, I absolutely intend to try again and will give the Rogue/Cleric idea a go. The Rogue was my alt choice originally.

I use CheatEngine's speedhack and bolster game speed 75%, (1.75), yeah movement and combat speed are laborious, but with simple tools like this and SweetFX we can take things in our own hand with little effort. All part of the PC package to me.

Yeah playing the beta if nothing else lets you know what you'll want to do when it is released. For example play Hard, because that is more like a Normal, or what used to a Normal. Or things like what it takes to get as many AP points as possible, how to build that up, since all your moves in battle are based on that.

Ya Cheatengine's speedhack is the best thing - I use it for so many single player games I have no patience these days, and can do 3x the amount of stuff in a fraction of the 'fluff' time...

I started back on my Amiga with a plug-in hardware accelerator (Supraturbo 28) and never looked at games the same way since...

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 10:57 Axis

I sent this to Blues literally as soon as the almost 3 gig update started... and then waited for hours and hours till I had to go to bed. Should be fully accessible in a couple hours.

Haven't been this pumped since NwN, game is killer.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Survarium Devs Question Areal
5. Re: Survarium Devs Question Areal Jun 25, 2014, 13:22 Axis

I bought Suvarium awhile ago for access. While the game can be fun, it is RIFE full of hackers to the point of nausea.

There has been no meaningful updates, zero cheat protection, and they pretend to "police" but have absolutely no way to tell who is cheating or not.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 11:46 Axis

Of course console DLC's come at a premium, they always do.

PC gamers aren't content starved and most have a better understanding of what is worth spending their money on.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
77. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 23, 2014, 10:30 Axis

Sure man, anytime. Ya the distracting and stealing is a hoot, I can't wait till release!  

Yours truly,

Axis

75. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 22, 2014, 10:22 Axis

Hey Quinn! I can help a bit:

1. The release will have voice acting aka Baldur's Gate style. Not over the top, but enough for people who want or expect it.

2. Other classes can get environmental type weapons too, Ranger being the one who gets the most with all the arrow tips for fire/frost/etc. Some environmental effects aren't immediately obvious like blood for witches. Aside from oil/water/etc barrels and things you'll find peppered in encounters, strong melee types can carry them around and throw them into the mox - so while wizard gets the most raw o immediate ones, there's no lack of it through other options.

3. Default clerics are water (Hydro) spells, but you'll want to edit and experiment in the beginning with the skill choices so you can get familiar with the different choices. There's alot of mechanics and I agree there's a lot that could be explained better, Ive gotten by with trial error and the global chat.

4. Not sure. Was he -10 before hand? I haven't paid much attention to the attitudes in the past (unless I got someone mad to the point of attacking), so I can't help much here.

Yours truly,

Axis

70. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 16:58 Axis

It's pretty much been solid polished for quite some time now, they just keep tweaking but it's been one of the best beta/EA experiences I've had -- from solid game-play, lots of meaningful patches / dev interaction, and a great community.

Hop on, try some vanilla 'classes', kill some stuff/play with the engine, go back and design your own classes, kill some more stuff, do even crazier engine stuff, all the while chattin with people and getting questions answered - easily will keep you going till release.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
35. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 14:14 Axis

Drayth wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 13:30:
I give it another year and every one of us will be ignoring everyone else.

Should make the comment section interesting for the lurkers.

In life you either bury your head in the sand and live in your own reality, or you have the balls to deal. There's a few people here who are not worth my reading time, but I don't bury my head in the sand in life, and certainly wouldn't in some forums.

The vast majority of "ignorers" are people who love to dish out, but never take -- there's a couple exceptions, but not many.

In the case of Darks there, I provided undeniable proof that he was the negative Nancy he was accusing me of, and he couldn't take it - so Darks resorted to name calling proclaiming an "ignore" in an futile effort to make himself look better - that's kid stuff and I'm fine with it - he'll learn eventually or the world will eat him up.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2014, 14:20.

Yours truly,

Axis

68. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 13:34 Axis

Ya the saves reset every patch. Didn't bother me since I've spent the majority of the time experimenting with builds and it's been early access.

Course there's been a few saves I certainly wouldn't want to have continued anyway, kinda hard when you attempt to rob and kill every npc...!

Yours truly,

Axis

26. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 11:38 Axis

Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:58:
Axis wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:50:
Haven't wanted to play a Far Cry game since the first (and imo the best one).

Definitely don't want to start again with FC 4...

Do you ever have anything positive to say about games or is it your just a grumpy assed person in general?

A quick check in my generally positive post history shows a stark difference from your generally negative history.

What really adds to forum acidity are people like you, Darks, who insult for no reason with no justification -- an attempt to make your selfish, bitter self feel better.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 09:50 Axis

Haven't wanted to play a Far Cry game since the first (and imo the best one).

Definitely don't want to start again with FC 4...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
13. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 20, 2014, 00:22 Axis

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 21:01:
Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 18:36:
I don't purchase ANY fps/tfps etc game if the frames are capped at any speed. I play FPS's at 120+ these days and I ain't ever going back.

Name 1 FPS released in the last year or two that you play with max settings and get 120+ fps in?

And ya might want to go read the Steam post, where they have links to video footage they took (with machine specs) uncapped.

Give me 1 reason I would desire to play any FPS with max settings? I get 144 solid on every FPS I play because I play for skill not for bling.

And if I feel like playing some FPS story like Fear, I go for middle of the road settings, primarily because I can't stand all the shiny shit people seem to love like bloom, blur, dof etc -- and still get a solid 144. I don't piss around with shit PC's, I don't waste my money on consoles or console games - so I'm glad to beef my PCs.

Max settings are for RPGs, RTS's, Story games, that kinda shit.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2014, 18:46 Axis

Not even this makes Obama seem hip anymore...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Minimum Adds New Content
1. Re: Minimum Adds New Content Jun 19, 2014, 18:42 Axis

Game is good, but they have been focusing too much on stuff that doesn't matter this early in the game's state and lost a ton of players.

When the game was 'unbalanced' and raw, there was a steady stream of increasing players for good reason - it was pure fun and you saw comment after comment of happy players. Unfortunately now the pace is very *off* and gameplay suffers and every comment is some complaint about shit that doesn't matter *right now* when there's a million other things that still need implemented.

Having said that, I think it has very good potential to bring in the old school FPS players, but Human Head already has succumbed to the faddy-school of players (who insist on technical above enjoyment) and it's barely keeping 20 on at a time.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
2. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 19, 2014, 18:36 Axis

I don't purchase ANY fps/tfps etc game if the frames are capped at any speed. I play FPS's at 120+ these days and I ain't ever going back.  

Yours truly,

Axis

54. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:32 Axis

I didn't want to watch the Divinity stream, but man am I glad I did - that editor holy shit -- looks way better than I'd hoped!!

Looks like it's going to blow NWN's editor out of the water...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 18:14 Axis

For all the variety TF2 has with characters and weapons, it's one of the most balanced FPS games in all of FPS's history.

I can destroy (to the point many rage quit) with every class, the only ones I don't like playing are the engi and heavy - the engi is hands-off auto, the heavy is for 'winning' - and I don't like to win or sit back in my games, I like to kick your ass.

Pubs = facestomp. Clanning, different story.

Yours truly,

Axis

49. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:51 Axis

The campaign in Divinity's early access is about 20% of the game (at least it was a couple months ago, the game might be even bigger by now), and I shit you not you can spend a game's-worth of hours just playing around with characters till you find a combo you like the most.

The campaign can be played however you like, and it's heavily story based. Initially I paid attention to all the conversations (heck you can even disagree and argue with your own party memebers, who then get different character bonus's based on how *you* think they would respond).

After a few play-throughs I just tried to be as creative as possible with the engine, training the city with orcs, surrounding npc's with flammables, reloading loots, poisoning the locals, burning down locked doors, all kinds of stuff you can do. I cannot WAIT for the mod editor - that will just put the game into epic status.

Hell, me and Horrorscope were talking the other night, I recognized his name and we're all in global chat - how's that for cool... You'll love it man I'm tellin ya.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2014, 16:58 Axis

All Atari needed as a "comeback strategy" was to make ONE good DND game in all the years they ran with the IP.

Now with their new strategy, they can appeal to the 2% LGBT of the world because they see it has 60% of the current headlines, and try to get blood from the stones, aka chronic gamblers...

Dumbasses...

Yours truly,

Axis

1548 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo