Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1554 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 Axis

Sho wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:28:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:25:
3. My openly gay friend thinks gay romance in computer games are insulting, unnecessary, and serve only the maker to appear "tolerable". I couldn't agree more, but I'd include that to any romance at all.

Out of curiosity, what do they find insulting about it?

He basically said They (developers) include "him" in games to attempt to make gay people appear normal and accepted, when they are already normal and accepted - and only serves the developers interest, not gays. There was more but that was the jist of it.

For me, I feel any romance as an rpg line is annoying at best no matter how it's done or who it serves.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:25 Axis

1. Dragon age hasn't appealed at all to me gameplay wise.

2. I can't stand game/rpg romance. You can RPG about anything, no reason to have some lame ass romance in the middle of my dragon killing.

3. My openly gay friend thinks gay romance in computer games are insulting, unnecessary, and serve only the maker to appear "tolerable". I couldn't agree more, but I'd include that to any romance at all.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access
7. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Dec 8, 2014, 09:30 Axis

FlyveHest wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 05:58:
Axis wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 08:43:
There's lots of crappy underhanded f2p p2w schemes out there, this isn't one of them.

A little early to be so definitive, don't you think?

Not at all. Can things change, sure. But most of the whining going on *now* is unfounded and outright wrong in many cases.

Devs have been clear thus far about where the game will go, EA costs $20 and the game is incredibly fun even now with tons of replay value.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
9. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 12:59 Axis

Rarely do these "awards" get it right for the PC-centric gamer. About right for the console guys tho.

Spot on with the Wii U titles, both are incredibly fun and not run of the mill mainstream - just solid nintendo style.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access
4. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Dec 6, 2014, 08:43 Axis

People who are complaining about it on the steam forums are the "idontknowwhatimtalkingaboutbutillmakemyignoranceknown" f2p whining bandwagon. There's lots of crappy underhanded f2p p2w schemes out there, this isn't one of them.

Paying $$$ is to get into EA.
The "in game currency" is purely cosmetic.
The game is great fun, builds nicely upon the original.

In short - if you liked the original (I loved it), you'll like DD2 - you ain't paying unless you want to and it makes no difference to your leetness...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2014, 09:36 Axis

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:02:
God, you people slant left. Are you saying more government involvement is a good thing in this case? lol "Five myths, and the real facts! Based on liberal opinion. and the assumption that government will always do the right thing."

Seriously, if you are going to share news, you could share both sides of the story. You keep this crap up and I will take my hits elsewhere.

With that said, those who argue over a few bucks saved here and there... if the government gets involved, you will get taxed(period) Go look at almost every bill (electric, landline, etc...) and get back to me. The modern day government reminds me of the mob that wants their hand into everything.

You're right and they know it -- we've yet to see a political article on this *gaming site* that isn't liberal biased or flat out anti conservative.

Yet for some unfathomable reason we do keep seeing these political articles on this gaming site, must just pay the bills or something.

I ignore it these days, too many of the same parrots will repeat their talking points incessantly at any chance -- rarely do you see any genuine self-made thought about the subjects.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
21. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 15:33 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:24:
Axis wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:16:
If Pete kept doing the type of games he was known for on the platform he did it best on, I'd be happy. Instead he sold out to consolized crap with fable and some mobile godus.

I have no interest in what he does at this point. Go full PC populous/dungeonkeeper/syndicate/B&W/magiccarpet/ or retire.

What was the last good game he did? I thought Fable 3 was awful.

First Black and White would be the last one I really enjoyed, I did get B&W 2 but it didn't have that "new car smell" of the first.

Favorite of all time would be a toss up of the other 4 I mentioned, covers some significant gaming time from 80s Amiga through 2k's x86. Once he jumped head-on into the console crap (like some well-knowns did (like bungie)), I didn't even attempt to play his Fable games past the original. I have an uncontrollable habit of boycotting studios/devs who jump to the "console exclusive" bandwagon.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
8. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 2, 2014, 14:50 Axis

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:13:
Axis wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:09:
However... if they could let you drive around in minivan with kids in the back occasionally being annoying, at least it would be semi-realistic and a decent "simulation" for would-be parents...

Goat Simulator
Grass Simulator

and now due to popular demand, from the makers of the 2014 game of the year winner Cigarette butt Simulator comes Parent Simulator 2015!
Preorder now while supplies last!

I pirated Cigarette butt sim. I think it had one of those "pirated copy gotchas", cause I smoked a freshly dropped butt and got herpes. Prolly just a precursor to "STD Simulator"...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
17. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 14:16 Axis

If Pete kept doing the type of games he was known for on the platform he did it best on, I'd be happy. Instead he sold out to consolized crap with fable and some mobile godus.

I have no interest in what he does at this point. Go full PC populous/dungeonkeeper/syndicate/B&W/magiccarpet/ or retire.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
3. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 2, 2014, 14:09 Axis

I'm not a gear head, but I do enjoy games like I76 and the like.

This appears to not be my kind of game at all.

However... if they could let you drive around in minivan with kids in the back occasionally being annoying, at least it would be semi-realistic and a decent "simulation" for would-be parents...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 1, 2014, 09:50 Axis

Windows 8 tablets with sub par hardware to boot? Remind me not to ask Nin for tech advice...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 30, 2014, 22:53 Axis

Windows tablets have never and will never 'rise'. They are dead with no zombie mode in their future.

It's android and ios... sorry to disappoint there MS -- they just don't need you...

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2014, 23:05.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2014, 22:47 Axis

bigspender wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 20:43:
TBH 60fps is bare minimum for me, 100+ fps is where games come to life. Lack of fluidity in games is probably the most jarring thing ever.

I will never ever buy a game that cannot do atleast 60fps.

framerate is everything, otherwise people wouldn't bother upgrading their graphics cards, they'd be happy with onboard gfx.

Absolutely. I'm stuck on 120 or 144 now, but my 'threshold' has always been 80 - that's where my eyes stop noticing, more frames is just a bonus.

I don't buy any FPS be it competitive or casual that locks frames. If it's going to be consolized, don't port it it begin with... and don't be surprised when hoards of "elitist" gamers trash the fk out of it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2014, 20:07 Axis

Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 11:03:
Axis wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 00:35:

No need to leap over oceans to make assumptions that attempt to portray yourself in a more "tolerant" light than me -- that just makes your "conviction" appear fake and contrived.

He didn't do that, you were the one with a problem about their stance on LGBT equality.

Go lemmings go, keep leaping!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2014, 00:35 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:13:
Axis wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 13:10:
EA - Politically correct to the point of nausea by pandering to the 3% of the population, and holds the the distinguished honor of worst company in America for many years in a row...

Sounds about right...

Treating your employees well and your customers like shit aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, what's wrong with tolerance and acceptance?

Didn't say they were, just stated what seems pretty obvious - their business practices.

No need to leap over oceans to make assumptions that attempt to portray yourself in a more "tolerant" light than me -- that just makes your "conviction" appear fake and contrived.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 26, 2014, 13:10 Axis

EA - Politically correct to the point of nausea by pandering to the 3% of the population, and holds the the distinguished honor of worst company in America for many years in a row...

Sounds about right...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
10. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 22:18 Axis

I admit I'm disappointed, but will still hold out hope as usual for my gaming legends... Looks like Richard G and Pete M dove into the same new school pool of mediocrity and decided to stay there...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 24, 2014, 17:02 Axis

Maybe low stock for some, I found it plenty on less obvious sites - like frys, best buy, and even my local gamestop.

Anyway, not complaining, I'm glad they are selling - Wii U is by far the best "newgen" console in my book.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 23, 2014, 12:35 Axis

I call bullshit on the adapters, the wii classic controllers are better and work just as well, and the 'sold out' adapters are all over the place for $20.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 22, 2014, 17:10 Axis

Most people don't cut cords because they can't figure out or don't want to set up an HD antennae and get fully wired/wireless, or just don't care enough to.

After I was fed up -- I had only netflix for quite sometime before I setup an HD antennae, something my wife was overjoyed with since she wanted badly to keep the Olympics on in the background during the day. I only dug deep enough to figure out how to do it right for that, and now we have 20 channels, many HD that blows the cable quality out of the water.

Anyway, with so many audio and streaming services and an HD antannea, I'd never go back to cable as possibilities are endless.

Yours truly,

Axis

1554 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo