Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
22. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 15:19 Axis

InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:30:
Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:28:
Dagnamit wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:22:
Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:18:
I've said it a hundred times, best thing they could do is make a persistent ARPG FPS Borderlands, they'd make billions.

Another tired old single player arpg... dime a dozen.

BL has always been a co-op game. Don't know where you get that from. The biggest concern is that Gearbox's track record with games it has other people make for them is... well... a little less than good.

It's a single player game with CoOp. The point it it's a beaten horse, and an FPS persistent ARPG is ready for primetime.

You mean like Hellgate London was supposed to be? I wouldnt put it past Randy to try a pull a 'Hellgate London' on us....

Yep, except fun unlike HG. And also hugely already popular, unlike HG.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 10:28 Axis

Dagnamit wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:22:
Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:18:
I've said it a hundred times, best thing they could do is make a persistent ARPG FPS Borderlands, they'd make billions.

BL has always been a co-op game. Don't know where you get that from. The biggest concern is that Gearbox's track record with games it has other people make for them is... well... a little less than good.

It's a single player game with CoOp. The point it it's a beaten horse, and an FPS persistent ARPG is ready for primetime.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 9, 2014, 10:26 Axis

As I expected with the FireTV, it's nothing special. I'll still prolly get one.  

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 10:18 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 8, 2014, 18:09 Axis

"Both" consoles, 30fps. Enjoy your crappy performance on your gimped controlled Pseudo PC...?

Man I'm so glad I skipped this 'supposed' "Next gen" console war.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 22:02 Axis

It's pretty obvious who stated their "views" here.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 7, 2014, 18:28 Axis

In a Six-Day period, Microsoft's New CEO really doesn't do much, but they need the press guys... cmon get on board!  

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 18:22 Axis

Beamer wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 16:13:
Prez wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 15:44:
InBlack wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 10:45:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 10:14:
yeah Axis I'm with you on that, hopefully can put in another warmonger chicken-hawk republican in there to funnel a few more trillion to the military industrial complex, after all as any good God loving republican knows, Jesus loves him some wars, and bloodshed. right?

Left? Right? What a joke. The worst part of the whole thing is that the joke is at your expense, while the corporate wheels keep on turning and the politicians keep doing their bidding and taking their 'donations' left and right. (Pun intended)

So true.

Yup.
I used to be convinced half this arguing was just posturing. I think, though, after a generation of this, we're starting to get politicians that truly believe in these pointless wastes of time.

Too hilarious Beamer - your response after parroting cut/paste lib talking points.

Brief History of complete failure:

YES WE CAN YEA WE CAN.

6 years later...

Need to figure out who to blame for this mess. here goes...

"So Obama is terrible, not even I can pretend to hope anymore... can still sorta blame Bush. Really need to blame the republicans somehow, keep the blame game going... Lets see... the race card is kinda old, can use that one still on the tea party for those who have no clue. Hmm we got gays, women, wars, jobs, press, wall street, wow we got quite the list! Could go on... but depressing really, none of it works much these days -- same old shit though they see right through it. I GOT IT! WOOO I GOT IT! The DEMOCRATIC Administration can blame those rascal republicans for anything they opposed. Wait... WAIT - for EVERYTHING they opposed! We don't even need any facts for this one again, just say it over and over like always! Just "Hey we had all the greatest ideas that would have fixed everything even better -- and they were turned down by Republicans!"

Need to figure out how to show what Obama has done has worked. here goes...

"I got nuthin."

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 15:03 Axis

Oh you'll find a good majority of conservative Americans aren't looking for "republicans" for leadership, they have pinhead balls that are afraid of even a breath of a democrat.

We're looking for libertarian and tea party conservatives who stick their gigantic balls forcefully in the liberal mouth so we can get some shit done. All about a balance you see...

There's far too many republicans and democrats who will be getting fired over the next couple years.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 09:48 Axis

When Obama "acts" it goes no further than this: "We are disappointed and strongly condemn ___________" fill in the blank.

And you're right InB, hopefully that will change again this year, and again in 2016.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 6, 2014, 12:13 Axis

TESO review filled to the hilt with noobness...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Centration Early Access
1. Re: Centration Early Access Apr 5, 2014, 12:36 Axis

Smells fishy, but then again I've been on the Early Access train awhile now and got burnt a few times - I know that burning fishy smell fairly well now

Hope I'm wrong, but I won't be backing it at this point.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Monaco's Final Chapter Released
2. Re: Monaco's Final Chapter Released Apr 5, 2014, 12:25 Axis

Ya I played it a couple times, really fun. Bit of a learning curve and I'm not there with just the few games, but I'll have to fire this up again and get with it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Soldak's Linux Games
1. Re: Soldak's Linux Games Apr 5, 2014, 11:31 Axis

Love Soldak, always have. Great dev, fun games, reasonably priced, linux friendly.

F AAA

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 21:06 Axis

Hmm interesting. The streaming and item management on my Wii U and friend's PS4 don't make a squat worth of difference. I have 4 older devices and only 2 of those ever run slower in the UI, my main beef is they aren't updated so won't get subtitles and whatnot in some shows.

Doesn't matter one way or the other, I'll pick up a Fire TV just cause Im a Famazon Boi!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
19. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 20:54 Axis

Cutter the obvious new gamer...

Back in the quake days, gamespy was the ONLY way to actually find servers easily with a host of settings you could add right in the client, an absolute must for the 90s quake clanner. Hell I still have my gamespy ID and password for the app . Then it licensed it's tech to games and powered most of the best ones.

the "other" ones in somewhat recent history used GFWL, and we see how those worked out...

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 17:04 Axis

Sounds like you got a lemon Roku or something Verno - speed and ease of use for tha various streaming services are the major selling points of the Roku aside from output. I never had a single channel 'not work', and never had a slowdown.

Streams never 'go in and out' of quality either - that's something I notice with every other device at some time or another, but not the Roku.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 14:58 Axis

The Roku 3 is not sluggish in the least, all depends on what is loading and how you are networked. I have everything hardwired and streamlined though.

roku + plex rocks - use RARflix

Again no need to preach the praises of anything Amazon, been buying most of my Kid's Christmas presents and vast majority of "local shopping" through them for the last 5 years, love prime, have a kindle for every family memeber, on and on.

And I'll pick up an amazon set top as I mentioned, but I don't see how it can improve much on the roku which has been a staple in the streaming hardware for many years. roku isn't flashy, it just works fantastically. I hope it does, just don't see how.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 11:48 Axis

First of all I've loved amazon for a long long time so I'm borderline Fannie for them.

The Fire TV is great for competition, but really doesn't do anything over the Roku at this point.

Power means virtually nothing for streaming -- 1080p is the same on all my devices from the built in crap of my blu-ray to my Roku 3, it only affects the snappiness of using it which is a direct result of the internal programming, not raw power.

The gaming capability is cute, but will likely find the same minority audience of a Ouya, or an ever smaller audience of those who game with the Roku or other hybrid devices.

Plex allows any streams from PC, its on Roku already and it kicks complete ass.

Roku has a whole host of "mods" -- private channels that allow a slew of other streams you would normally never be able to get. Amazon, at least at this point doesn't seem to have that ability.

So in reality, Roku 3 still is the king at least in my eyes. Having said that, I'll buy a Fire TV immediately anyway because I friggin love Amazon and already save thousands from being "cord cut"...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 3, 2014, 11:29 Axis

I knew it was coming! Hearthstone on a tablet will make it the go-to game. Now for Android, cause frankly - F Apple.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo