Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
6. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 14:55 Axis

Looks promising.  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
23. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 17:40 Axis

If Krowen loves Amiibos and D3, great -- kids need to do something other than insulting people on forums for no good reason other than insecurity. But he should realize that two of those things are fine, and one of them renders his words worthless.

And you guys brought up PoE.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 12:36 Axis

Krowen didn't you plow your head into the sand and ignore me? Unless you are a glutten for self-punishment, you may want to do that.  

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 09:38 Axis

Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 16:39 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 16:16:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 15:02:
ALSO, holy shit, they just announced today that the base game (what they call Core GW2, the game as it exists now) is FREE for everyone!

GW2 Core is going FTP?

Couple limitations but ya it's on now. Kid is overjoyed now he can get all his other buds to try it.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 29, 2015, 15:19 Axis

D3 will never be an ARPG champion, it's a limited fun distraction at best. There won't be any amiibos coming out for it Krowen, it may be popular with kids but it's an adult rated game -- so curb your enthusiasm.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 29, 2015, 15:16 Axis

Where's those same few defenders of Microsoft? They're so pro!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 15:10 Axis

Glad they slapped up a release date, my kid has been bouncing off the walls waiting for it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta Aug 29, 2015, 15:08 Axis

The steam reviews of this thing are great, almost 3k of mostly negative reviews.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
11. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 29, 2015, 14:31 Axis

Quinn wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 11:45:
Axis wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 09:52:
Calling it now, this game is going to be a DLConsilitis nickle and dime halfass game. It has "DnD" tacked on to pull in interest, and will happily drain the pockets of the average couch gamer because it's what they expect.

Already their "Deluxe" version for a whoppin $25 more includes core things the game should include like tiles, monsters, significant stat items, etc. They've not show character creation, omitted classes/races.

The writing is on the walls, and it's clear to me where this is going.

A trailer like this does makes me think of shite like Dungeon Siege 3. But I've seen gameplay vids that looked good enough to still be excited about this.

Hell, in the campaign vid they mentioned Deudermonts demise, Wulfgar's bar, and even something about Drizzt. Fuck yes I'll buy this.

Believe me Quinn, I too get all reminiscing about DnD and that kinda stuff stikes a chord with me -- there's no shame in admitting I'm a DnD fannie. However I refuse to support half ass titles, as that's exactly the reason we keep getting all these shitty DnD games - they simply don't have to try hard at all.

As always, I'm hopeful. But man I'm not getting a good feeling here...

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 29, 2015, 09:52 Axis

Calling it now, this game is going to be a DLConsilitis nickle and dime halfass game. It has "DnD" tacked on to pull in interest, and will happily drain the pockets of the average couch gamer because it's what they expect.

Already their "Deluxe" version for a whoppin $25 more includes core things the game should include like tiles, monsters, significant stat items, etc. They've not show character creation, omitted classes/races.

The writing is on the walls, and it's clear to me where this is going.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
28. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 28, 2015, 18:32 Axis

Everyone has opinions, few have the needed experience to qualify their opinions, and fewer have solutions.

Linux and a hacked Win 7. I've said it time and time again -- if you aren't doing it, you're doing it wrong. And if you are an early adopter of Win 10, you are doing it very very wrong.

If you don't give a shit how things play out, then it don't matter - but don't pretend to give a shit and don't try to lecture those who truly do.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gigantic Beta Signups
5. Re: Gigantic Beta Signups Aug 28, 2015, 18:25 Axis

Kxmode wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 15:51:
Windows 10 exclusive?

Check out the OS stats on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

95.92% Windows. Of that amount, Windows 7 x64 (44.97%) and Windows 8.1 x64 (30.96%) dominate. Windows 10? 0.12% That's only 0.12% who'll be able to play it on PC. A boneheaded move unless Microsoft gave them sacks of cash to make it an 10 exclusive in exchange for lost sales on the other versions.

For goodness sake, Windows Vista x64 has 0.20%. They're be better making it a 64 bit Vista exclusive. More people.

Oh just wait till retailers are pretty much forced to offer only Win10 on desktops, hell that's the only reason we see many of those Win 8 desktops to begin with.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
23. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 18:14 Axis

Yep, a bland stealth and cover version of commandos is what came to mind when I saw the gameplay videos, not Syndicate.

Still, atmosphere looks nice and maybe a few patches or creative modders might be able to make something more the way I expected, more syndicate and less generic 4 man rts.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 28, 2015, 18:05 Axis

For a "DnD' game, it's shocking to never see character progression/skills/abilities/loot/customization etc.

I'm a fanboy of DnD, and I sure as hell am still skeptical with this one unfortunately.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gun Mettle Tradeups
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Gun Mettle Tradeups Aug 28, 2015, 11:22 Axis

It's fun "working towards" something other than random drops, but Gun Mettle is crap. 90% of your rewards are chests as usual, and the contracts aren't very often.

I love to support Valve and TF2, however I would never support another one of these in the future, purely because it's garbage I don't want to encourage.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gigantic Beta Signups
3. Re: Gigantic Beta Signups Aug 28, 2015, 11:18 Axis

Darks wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 09:36:
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 10 not matter what games you exclusive to it.

We agree for once!

I absolutely cannot stand this kinda shit MS likes to pull.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
9. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:13 Axis

Syndicate being one of my favorite games of all time, I'm going to have to hold out till the honeymoon praise is gone - there's a lot of stuff I'm seeing that doesn't look appealing in general or "spiritual successor" about it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 27, 2015, 20:53 Axis

Windows 10 is a bandaid to the "lets do mobile" shitty Windows 8, but with all the eavesdropping on for the average joe, and likely on for many of those who believe they've shut it off. All the hidden calling home "features" offer absolutely no benefit.

I despise everything about windows 8-10, from sneaky development to hype machine PR. And I cannot stand the the mobiley look to try to please the fad boys. No thanks on hacking the look, MS wanted it to look that way. I got linux for that stuff.

Only one thing will get me to ever put that garbage on one of my desktops - that's right, GAMES. And only those that perform far greater on DX12, and it will be purely for games, completely hacked, and never for work/pleasure/etc. Please let me know when that happens, with all the DX12 hype, we've seen absolutely nothing worth mentioning.

Then again, it only takes a marginal amount of time and skill to create your own linux desktop to look how you like, streamline what you want, and do what you need efficiently and effectively, and I'm betting those who run Windows 10 don't have a lick of it.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2015, 20:59.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 27, 2015, 18:32 Axis

An Easy Fix For Windows 10 Privacymageddon.

Windows 7.

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo