Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1387 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 22:38 Axis

Midnight wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 22:34:
Axis wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 21:38:
Rumor has it they are vying for a D&D license...

Oh how I so wish it to be...

I'd kill for a Larian-made Pathfinder game.

I never played it, but heard nothing but good things. It's been over 20 years since I played any PnP, really miss it.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 21:38 Axis

Rumor has it they are vying for a D&D license...

Oh how I so wish it to be...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jul 13, 2014, 10:26 Axis

D:OS is a game propelled and appreciated by it's players, and played no politics with sites with no marketing campaign.

Most game review sites base everything on what is status quo. The only reason many got it close is because they knew the overwhelming majority were swooning - or you would have seem most scores in the 60-70% complaining about "turn base" or bugs, lack of direction, UI, etc in addition to what squirmer said.

Which is why I always sift through user-made comments on the game forum or metacritic if I'm looking for an opinion aggregate before a purchase. Very easy to filter the unqualified opinions in both positive and negative camps.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Universal Demo
9. Re: ShootMania Storm Universal Demo Jul 13, 2014, 10:10 Axis

Slick wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 05:50:
i like it when people tell me shit that i'm experiencing isn't real. especially when they don't even try to experience.

thanks for the useless opinion.

I gave facts, and I doubt those facts changed much and they had nothing to do with you. But good for you that it's your favorite game - every game needs it's players.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Universal Demo
7. Re: ShootMania Storm Universal Demo Jul 12, 2014, 14:12 Axis

Game has been dead a very long time, nothing is wrong with their browser.

Their initial vision was solid, I bought into it during their hype beta period as I cut my teeth on competitive shooters...

Then I noticed Oz back there with his smoke screen and magic mirrors popping off grandiose mega $$$, top team blah blah "quakecon killer" announcements across media sites (when the game wasn't even out of beta), and compared said sensationalism to the empty servers, pompous devs, and a wealth of core code/ui/gameplay problems and realized I'd be wasting my time.

Wanna waste yours, go right ahead...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jul 12, 2014, 09:21 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 22:28:
A big hubbub is a mention in the fifth paragraph of the description? Heaven forbid they should appeal to a neglected demographic.

Also, for the record FF VII mentioned romance in the advertising for that game.

Their bullet points didn't jump out at you as their second and third point out of five bullet points? Interesting, that's the very first thing most people look at with games - bullet points that highlights what they want you to know.

If their marketing decides to appeal to 3% of gamers at the very real possibility of turning off more in the 97% in addition to turning off people like me who can't stand "romance" shit in their games in general, let them! Trainwreck marketing happens.

Notice I didn't mention Final Fantasty? Think the last one I played was 3. I also can't stand anime/manga (at least these days, it's just been so overused seeing little girls with skimpy clothes and giant swords and boys with the highest of spiky hair). Also, the loooong meaningless conversations and events in jrpg's in general, which has more to do with why I don't play those games than even relationships...

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2014, 09:30.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2014, 21:39 Axis

I don't play games when their marketing makes a big hubbub about said relationships, no - and I don't recall Mass Effect or Dragon Age grandstanding them.

Like in Divinity: Original Sin, game is incredible - you don't see them on their intro page say "Any gender can be laid by a Man or Female!" Cause that has nothing to do with the merits of the game does it?

By the way, I have a black male with the giant afro and a white female for characters in that game - did I win an award?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 21:28 Axis

Here's how I see it for many...

Bioware is a solid company - they make good games and write good stories (usually). A large majority wanted their RPG games to be more DnD/NwN, and since they instead went with their own IP (for whatever reasons legal or personal) with not near the allure that NwN had, many people got panty twisted.

This is made painfully obvious with the blowout sales that D:OS is having. Those types of games never went out of style, they just stopped being produced and produced well.

Companies who "hit it big" tend to be judged by that criteria...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2014, 21:17 Axis

Why I cannot delete a double post is beyond me...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2014, 21:14 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 20:59:
Axis wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 20:35:
As soon as I saw "play as gay or straight" I immediately knew I wouldn't play at all.

I can't stand that shit -- I don't play video games to live out relationship fantasies. Now hardcore sex video games, that might be funny for awhile...

I really don't understand why you're offended. The game offers you a choice, but you're offended by the choice because you're not one of the options? So you won't play a game that lets you play as a man or a woman because you're not a woman?

See now that's the problem here. Who in the hell said I was offended? Also I said "relationship fantasies" - that has absolutely nothing to do with me not choosing a certain gender. How could you possibly deduce both of those wrong assumptions?

I don't get "offended" by anything. Offense is something we choose - usually by weak minds who can't accept the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion. And... so... am... [drum roll] I!

I can't stand the Strait or Gay shit because "I" don't give a shit about love and sex in a video game, and I find companies who parade that type of information are banking on it.

But, as I said, if there's a game where the gameplay is hardcore butrummaging, I'd try it all and start with you! As a male, female, cat, bird, whatever...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2014, 20:35 Axis

As soon as I saw "play as gay or straight" I immediately knew I wouldn't play at all.

I can't stand that shit -- I don't play video games to live out relationship fantasies. Now hardcore sex video games, that might be funny for awhile...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 8, 2014, 12:28 Axis

Verno wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 08:38:
Axis wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 20:25:
Man does destiny look to be a shallow mess. Also reminds me of that very worn-out IP... and no, not that one you think about when you see "Bungie"...

The weird thing about Destiny is that it looks boring from the outside, I had the same attitude before the alpha. Game didn't really interest me and I only grabbed the alpha on a lark. The alpha really turned me around though. It is probably the only console FPS I've ever enjoyed and even though many elements of it are derivative, they've managed to combine it all into an enjoyable package.

So yeah, Destiny is actually pretty decent.

Sure I can see that -- an open world FPS in this vein hasn't been done on consoles, and Bungie has had a lot of years and refine time getting it as right as it can be and will be planting it right in the "nextgen" console garden. But as a PC game it appears to be something I wouldn't touch.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer Jul 8, 2014, 12:22 Axis

It's still a kids game, but I'm glad for it as my son and his friends play it constantly.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Firefall This Month
8. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 12:19 Axis

Firefall had promise - it could have been a Tribes FPS meets Borderlands ARPG that would have pulled in the masses and made zillions. But it's not.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 7, 2014, 20:25 Axis

Man does destiny look to be a shallow mess. Also reminds me of that very worn-out IP... and no, not that one you think about when you see "Bungie"...  

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 23:19 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:53:
Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

He liked it for 15 minutes so that is as good as an endorsement as one can get! He's the "Mikey" of video games.

Axis, as much as I like it, there is no doubt it will still become much better as they polish this up. Even with the delays there was still a rush part about it, but they pretty much had to. What is cool is even as is, it is better than most and for the style of game it is, there isn't even any competition at this time.

Ya I agree HS, looking forward to where it's going to go, and I just can't stop playing the damn game - last one that hooked me like this was NwN, thought I was just getting old... that was one hellova long dry spell. So glad it just keeps selling and sellin, been top on the steam charts for awhile now.

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 21:44 Axis

Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
44. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 6, 2014, 12:33 Axis

WaltC wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 11:20:
Looks like a definite buy...;) I'm a fan of Larian Studios and hope they'll do very well with this. They've got this fellow who goes by the handle of "Raze" who is a literal font of help and info for their various games, and in far more forums than just Larian's. They should give the guy a medal, or something, because I can't recall another game company employee providing so much help to people. He's still helping out folks running Divine Divinity in the Gog forums! Wish all game companies would follow Larian's sterling example.

OTOH, there are publishers like Ubisoft whose game devs seem to think they are above helping out the people who play their games--I recently finished M&MX, and you could jump up and down and scream and yell, ask sincere questions, it didn't matter--the M&MX game devs couldn't be bothered with actually taking part in Ubisoft's own M&MX forum!

Haha ya we used to joke in the global chat that e never slept - he was literally always on answering peoples questions - one of the best communicators for Larian (or any company) I've seen in a long while.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 12:28 Axis

Divinity: original Sin is one of the greatest RPGS to be released in more than a decade period, and real modding hasn't even begun...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
40. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2014, 09:12 Axis

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 04:09:
Well between the praises here and the ones on metacritic as well, and from YT players, looks like I'm going to have to pick this one up. Any guesses on rough hours of play?

Before release I had around 40 hours in, mainly just toying around with character builds and chatting with the community in global (recently disconnected due to the massive influx, but will be back eventually).

Since release I've put in another 30 hours, and I'm about 75% done in Cyseal (Cyseal is just the first 20% or so of the game).

This is one of the few games I'll redo fights just because its fun, or reload chests to see what else pops, reload conversations to ensure my traits are correct, scour the areas for secrets, collect and drop off barrels for future use, steal/pickpocket everything, etc. There is a LOT to do in every area if you want to, and it's a joy doing it.

Yours truly,

Axis

1387 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo