Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1902 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
48. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 09:38 Axis

Ya Verno hard is the way to go, once you get to the inn just make another 3 characters and you'll be good to go.

That way you can still recruit 2 "official" npc's as you play through without waiting to recruit a whole group.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
16. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 31, 2015, 08:25 Axis

Blues list these retarded articles so stupid or ignorant people can feel they aren't.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
44. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 08:19 Axis

Didn't we post all about the gamebreaking bugs last week?

Not like this is news, I managed to get my PoE guy to 60 while waiting for some fixes...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details
4. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details Mar 28, 2015, 18:15 Axis

Jonjonz wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 08:04:

If your thinking of trying this game, I hope you like jumping puzzles and 8bit retro mini-games.

You're doing it wrong. very very wrong.

I personally don't love GW2, but it has it's place and its perfect for my kid, the most kid-friendly mmo out there without being *too* easy. He and his friends do nothing but pvp/wvw/1v1. They even level all their alts via pvp with tomes, tho he'll occasionally run dungeons for fun or mats or whatever.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
36. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 16:12 Axis

Nice find Mash, I'm stopping PoET for now there's just too many gamebreaking bugs coming to light -- I'll play PoE till then.  

Yours truly,

Axis

24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 10:16 Axis

The endurance system is perfect, didn't take long at all to warm up and love it.

The speed is ok, there should be one more faster option -- I still need to run speedhack at x2 first so I don't spend 90% of my time waiting for the scouting/stealing "party" to get where they're needed - again would be moot if the scouting/stealth was changed.

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 08:37 Axis

Couple serious technical game breakers, I'm just being extra careful to make many saves but haven't had any issues yet.

Not a fan of the stealth and scouting how it's setup, but maybe they'll rethink it eventually.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2015, 16:09 Axis

Zowie evo mouse, nuff said - the thing is a gamers dream. Couldn't pay me to use another Logicrap.

I do use the steelseries cloth pads tho, nice combo.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered
7. Re: Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered Mar 27, 2015, 16:02 Axis

Atari is the publisher, buyer beware.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
84. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 13:00 Axis

Vall, some places should be revisited once you've increased your party or leveled up or both. Stealth is per character and based on your rating and distance, so as long as you are behind/farther away you can do stealthy things even when your party is engaged.

I decided to make a party of 4, and pickup game npc's (ones with dialog and quests) along the way. I prefer smaller parties, so went with Hard mode to offset it and seems about a perfect balance so far.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
78. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 09:37 Axis

Great game. As D&D as you can get without copying it, yet adding plenty of custom ideas. I'm right at home...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
8. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 11:28 Axis

Were people expecting different results? Like ever?  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
25. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 13:22 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:22:
Axis wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:21:
And I still have no interest, am I missing something?

For me, I have no interest in the genre really. I can see the draw of "anything can happen" and the stakes (losing everything) but I just don't have time to be ganked by a bunch of 14 years olds that have playing 12 hours a day for months.

Is it this game, or the genre you don't like?

Mainly they way these types of games are set up -- I'm no fan of serverX longterm craft/build/destroy gameplay - meaning it's a pseudo home and economy where you focus all your time and effort. People in their isolated server worlds, any type of people playing or managing there, a limit of 32-64 people of which you'll usually see maybe a dozen on at any one time. For me it's a huge waste of time, compounded when ganked often - just not worth the effort.

I'd rather sink my time into getting better at my FPS of choice, farming better items in my persistent ARPG of choice, leveling/gearing in an mmo of choice (of which there hasn't been one I felt worth playing since wow, tho I occasionally log into GW2 for my son's sake) or trying a new game.

Speaking of which, new 1 month Path of Exile leagues - gotta get my new dude up there before Thursday!

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 11:19 Axis

Ya the generational shift has been quite obvious on steam the last 6 months or so - many games up top I would never consider buying, let alone paying the asking price.

I can't complain tho, glad they (or their parents) are buying. I do my best to "shift" them to quality PC games though, point out things to avoid with ports, etc - get alot of pissed off buyers remorse trolls or "don't know betters", but it's worth enlightening the many who do "get it".

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 09:21 Axis

And I still have no interest, am I missing something?  

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 16:43 Axis

descender wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 15:40:
I don't really follow why they "don't have a choice". Giving up and letting pirates upgrade for free doesn't actually solve any problems that I can see... maybe they can't detect the cracked versions very well anymore... so they would just end up incidentally pushing it to them anyway because of the new update system. OK, maybe I follow it now? /shrug

Their claims (which... they didn't make the ones you are suggesting but let's move past that) are basically already fact. Windows 10 Technical Preview is already measurably ~10% faster across the board without factoring in DX12. You could install this literally right now and see that performance improvement, and it's not even going to be officially released for another ~6 months.

I hope so, really. I haven't done any early releases (legal or otherwise) since Win7 -- haven't had any interest, and willing to wait for the final show to see if it's worth loading.

Yours truly,

Axis

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 15:31 Axis

The result, for folks too strung up to see it, was my response to Beamer purposely displayed an absurd yet obvious point about giants, mirroring his intentionally serious yet just as obvious and absurd point about giants.

Regardless, I rarely have a bubble! Certainly not in areas that have to do with gaming. I run my gaming rigs with whatever runs games the fastest - always did, always will. Sorry to burst yours.

More importantly -- doesn't change the fact that MS has no choice with what pirates do, nor the fact I won't touch it unless their claims become fact.

Now about those fairies...

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 14:25 Axis

Orogogus wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 13:37:
Axis wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:07:
Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 10:39:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 19:23:
Microsoft has no choice in the matter. Having said that, I wouldn't be putting Windows10 on anything legal, beta, or otherwise unless I see their 100,000x faster DirectX or whatever ridiculous claim they have been making...

Microsoft never made that claim. If I say Eli Manning is a better quarterback than Tom Brady, are the Giants making that claim?

Giants can't make claims, they are fictional monsters. If I used fictional monsters in my reply, would anyone take my response seriously? Sarcasticclap

No one takes your responses seriously already, and it's exactly because of crap like this. In your head, how did that seem like a reasonable argument to post?

Man you got one thick-ass noggin Oro -- better go back under that rock it's too bright out here for you.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2015, 13:07 Axis

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 10:39:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 19:23:
Microsoft has no choice in the matter. Having said that, I wouldn't be putting Windows10 on anything legal, beta, or otherwise unless I see their 100,000x faster DirectX or whatever ridiculous claim they have been making...

Microsoft never made that claim. If I say Eli Manning is a better quarterback than Tom Brady, are the Giants making that claim?

Giants can't make claims, they are fictional monsters. If I used fictional monsters in my reply, would anyone take my response seriously? Sarcasticclap

Microsoft made the DX12 improvement claims, go look it up. We don't need ridiculous common-sense followups - save those for the newborns and save us from thinking you're one of them.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
12. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 11:11 Axis

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:51:
I don't really see the issue with a third-person game being better on a controller. Everything feels much tighter as far as button spacing is concerned.

Only platforming games can be considered 'superior' on a controller for the most part, and even then it's due to the focus on controller that makes it so -- any game competently designed with mouse and keyboard is superior in every aspect.

Now I know people may be more comfortable on a controller, and that's fine - for consoles. For PC, if you can't come up with a "superior" control scheme with a mouse/keyboard, you just don't care to do so.

So in those cases, glad to pass! I don't give developers an inch when it comes to controls, FOV, resolution, or frame locks on the PC port. If any of them fail to "do it right" I refuse to buy and make it known for other PC gamers.

Yours truly,

Axis

1902 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo