Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1552 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
17. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 6, 2014, 19:22 Axis

Average and below pc users just buy a dell or hp or whatever, there's no love for windows 8, it's just harder to justify 7 for them. In fact, I'm surprised that 26% or so isn't higher, people are REALLY trying to avoid 8.

They'll pay more for a windows 7 machine after digging deep to find one to begin with, and most people aren't motivated enough to monkeywrench win 7 on an 8 machine.

So no, there's no "wow windows 8 is so great it's my preferred gaming machine!", except those who just gave in and decided to embrace it. It's more popular because MS and resellers are making it attractive monetarily to the average non-tech user vs the time and money or brains to get 7 running.

I don't run windows 8 on any of my machines, and I never will.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
8. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 5, 2014, 23:05 Axis

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 22:15:
Trevellian wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 19:44:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
This game felt so solid and felt like it had so few bugs to be worked out in Alpha. And most importantly it was FUN. Why till February? I was so excited to be playing this with friends next month

What? It ran like shit on top of the line hardware. Half of the time other players were invisible. Oh, and the "gameplay" is boring as hell. Lets run in circles all over the map for half an hour! Yeah!

Maybe you have shitty "top of the line" hardware or poor PC maintenance skills -- it ran flawlessly on my 2 systems with different hardware on both.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
20. Re: Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin Aug 5, 2014, 19:40 Axis

I have origin (and a host of other "clients" with various logins for my family) on a non-gaming PC. I just load it up to grab the free games when applicable.

However, I admit I've been playing the hell out of plants vs zombies garden warfare on my beast machine. Game is great fun for now.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 5, 2014, 19:36 Axis

I'm thoroughly sick of Assassin's creed games, and I barely got into playing the older ones to begin with despite trying very very hard.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > PC Ultra Street Fighter IV Friday
1. Re: PC Ultra Street Fighter IV Friday Aug 5, 2014, 19:33 Axis

And next month... "Ultra Street Fighter IV Remix"!

And in Winter 2014, experience "Super Ultra Street Fighter IV"!

Coming spring of 2015... "Super Ultra Street Fighter IV Reloaded"!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
2. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 5, 2014, 19:27 Axis

Evolve is pretty solid for an alpha. Lots of good and bad things but at least it's miles away from the cookie cutter AAAs out there.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. Aug 5, 2014, 16:47 Axis

Saboth wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 20:45:
Axis wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 18:27:
One night in 1999 I played EQ for 24 hours.

After the all-niter, I went to the zoo and opened the wolf cages while sporting a slab of ribeye steak tied to my waist. Running directly through screaming crowds of people, I shouted "TRAIN"!

Were you camping in Lguk for a Flowing Black Silk Sash? I once played EQ for 24 hours straight too, camping for one of those. After so many hours, you refuse to give up, because the RNG has got to come up for you soon.

I did SO many all-niters with EQ. Jboots, cleric shield & scepter, mana stone, cloak of flames, learning raids the first time, list goes on. Spoiled me, no mmo has come even remotely close to the difficulty or demand for people to use their heads (or cooperate) while playing... and yet I'd never want to do it again...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2014, 09:47 Axis

Sacred 3 is a moneygrab ripoff from Deep Silver and a consolized piece of shit that has no resemblance to the first two.

If it was more aptly named "Sacred Citadel 2" and cost no more than $10, then perhaps it might be a 6/10 for some.

Fixed that review and any future review of Sacred 3.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2014, 10:10 Axis

I'll stick with Firefox with noscript. It's the only "trustable" browser software out there bar none.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 4, 2014, 09:57 Axis

Alamar wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 00:29:
Axis wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 17:49:
Not surprising at all Divinity, but very glad they stuck to their guns and did it the way we knew would succeed.

I can't tell you how many idiot posts sounded like: "Turn based? LOLOL nothkxkbye!". Bet 90% bought the game and are glad they did...

Turn based is a large part of the reason I didn't get it... Does having different interest make me an idiot? : )

Haha. Well I'm fine with differing opinions, we all have them. It's the overstated public dismissal of a game based on a non-preferred aspect of them I'm teasing about.

I can't stand RTS's - specifically disliking micro management of resources. However, I've never said something like "Resource Management? LOLOL nothkxkbye!" to the next RTS hit of the season. There's micro-management in some games that's genuinely enjoyable (or at least not a full-time job) and adds to the experience. If I'm not sure, I wait for reviews and see if I may like it anyway.

You're smiley lets me know you understood my angle, but I wanted to clarify anyway since you are one of the reasonable people around here!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 18:27 Axis

One night in 1999 I played EQ for 24 hours.

After the all-niter, I went to the zoo and opened the wolf cages while sporting a slab of ribeye steak tied to my waist. Running directly through screaming crowds of people, I shouted "TRAIN"!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 3, 2014, 18:01 Axis

Cut the cord years ago, would never go back. People just don't want to change and are willing to pay for keeping the same same.

HD antennae has supreme quality compared to all providers, picks up about 21 stations for all the standard local crap our family may watch. Round off with Netflix + 2 blu-ray rotation and Hulu - total cost less than $30 each month with several tv's playing whatever we want with virtually no commercials. We have a 3rd party DVR, but have not needed to use it.

Could never ever go back. Forget the cost (tho it's the main reason we initially cut along with just generally hating con-cast), it's all about the many personal options and respecting our time.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 17:49 Axis

Not surprising at all Divinity, but very glad they stuck to their guns and did it the way we knew would succeed.

I can't tell you how many idiot posts sounded like: "Turn based? LOLOL nothkxkbye!". Bet 90% bought the game and are glad they did...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
25. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 12:44 Axis

crypto wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 12:39:
Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:52:
crypto wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:20:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs...

things that takes only a few tries...

currency you... blow on gambling.

That's how to "do" currency in PoE.

great, another fanboy wreaks another game :/ I don't blame GG for taking my support money and going no where with it... its this senseless dribble.

This is how people who can't admit "Good point, I was wrong" after their own quotes prove their ignorance of the facts.
Here are the important parts since you can't comprehend paragraphs:
Or, for the commons sense folk, use that currency to purchase your desired upgrades.
But if you use xyz or even the trade forums, you get major mileage out of that currency you didn't blow on gambling.

Sum? You are a dolt if you gamble, you are doing currency wrong.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 22:52 Axis

crypto wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic crypto, you don't understand it.

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs, some are lucky, most are not. Or, for the commons sense folk, use that currency to purchase your desired upgrades.

Its easy to use the currency on the cheap for more specific things needed like 4 sockets, socket colors, etc - minor things that takes only a few tries, but helps immensely leveling up or making items last a bit longer through the levels. But if you use xyz or even the trade forums, you get major mileage out of that currency you didn't blow on gambling.

That's how to "do" currency in PoE.

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:26 Axis

@Axis its /oos so no wonder why your macro didnt work

Sonsabitch! It's been AHK macroed to a mousepress for over a year so you'll forgive me 8)

Ya I only do hardcore -- lost a total of 7 guys, 2 to early desync when it was not obvious (and before anyone knew about /oos), 2 to pushing the limit in maps in nemesis, 1 to invasion off-screen stupidness, and the 2 recent due to their server.

Cant wait to have a go next month, but not gonna continue the rest of the temp league.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:00 Axis

ItBurn wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:48:
Redmask wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:42:
Well while they're hyping the shit out of the "coming eventually" patch 2.1 for D3, I can't be bothered to play that until then. It's nice to have another, different ARPG to play when you get bored of one of 'em...

I agree, Grim Dawn is fantastic

What's up with that game? When is it coming out? Seems like it's been in development for 10 years.

Grim dawn is ok, decent setting, limited character customization but better than torchlight. I just don't get excited when loot balloon games are single player or coop.

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:38 Axis

Krovven wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:16:
Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 10:55:
Logged in the other day just to mess with some characters. It completely lagged out twice (/occ macro didn't work, it was pure server lag)

LOL! Folks, remember that time when Axis was a rabid PoE fanboy and said that the /occ macro wasn't a thing because the desyncs were easily avoidable?

Do you ever read and comprehend? Seriosly, do you? Krowan has no idea the the difference between server lag and desync, congrats for making yourself sound... well you know.

And fanboys don't contemplate both sides of the coin when applicable, they just bow to their idol and never question their infallible one-sided wisdom.

PoE is still better than anything else persistent arpg, but like I said they are focusing on the wrong things, and server drops don't bode well.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 Axis

Computer users pass around USB sticks like silicon business cards.

Not in my networks they don't. Better get firing the newbie admins...

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 10:55 Axis

Logged in the other day just to mess with some characters. It completely lagged out twice (/occ macro didn't work, it was pure server lag) and killed both hc dudes, confirmed by the many global rages.

I didn't mind they were only low levels, but I'm quickly becoming less and less confident GGG has a handle on things. They're adding too much glitz with not enough backbone while paying less attention to the larger community who helped put them on the right track to begin with.

Yours truly,

Axis

1552 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo