Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1904 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 12:41 Axis

1080p, 144hz/fps, max distance.

That's my target on every fps/tps game, easily achieved with GTA5 -- just menu tweaks and it looks great too.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 12:09 Axis

Few more patches, couple more mods and I'll pick it up again.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Delayed
4. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Delayed Apr 16, 2015, 15:53 Axis

Game is a bust, ain't no one workin round the clock

Just paying attention to the forums the last couple months told me all I need to know...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 13:45 Axis

It's no surprise that the younger generation are either clueless or too carefree, usually both, when it comes to tech (not just security) -- made worse when they carry around some degree or a pile of certs and think they know best.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
90. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 18:45 Axis

I'm guessing they know their servers will get crippled with this type of launch, and we'll all settle for the SP...

Second Prize...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
66. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 15:49 Axis

Here's how it went cause none of you can bother to fucking read how shit goes down.

Verno says it's popular with twitch kids. I say:
lol nice try Verno, while I call kids games for what they are, PoE is not one of them. A simple check through PoE's site on the streamers I've never seen a single "kid" They simply couldn't grasp most of what the game offers - they like D3 type of stuff. :)

Not crazy batshit, not defensive, just light-hearted and factual. Now since *Verno* is a fucking defensive ass when it comes to anything I say no matter how it's said, he follows up with:

No need to get so defensive... I don't care what you think of it TBH... Not sure why you're so weird about this game and try to force your opinion on everyone else

And it went down from there, thanks to Verno making an asshole comment about forcing opinions after there were 3 pages of constructive feedback till he popped in and got stupid with his pals.

Now fuck the hell off -- so sick of you trolling assholes derailing threads. You have a problem with me, fine, but you aren't fooling anyone with this constant shit you pull.

Yours truly,

Axis

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:33 Axis

I bought through GmG when it was cheap. Steam achievements don't matter, just add the game manually so your friends can see it and you're good to go.

Steam GTA5 won't be cheap anytime soon.

Yours truly,

Axis

59. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:40 Axis

Descender reaches around for verno.
Verno reaches around for descender.
Descender reaches around for verno.
Your turn Verno, your turn!
Now where's the other buffoons? Just you two today so far, great job on trolling you might fool a few!

Yours truly,

Axis

56. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:32 Axis

Same buffoons reaching around, different thread. Completely obvious.  

Yours truly,

Axis

53. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:15 Axis

Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:10:
Axis wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:08:
I said your assessment that poe is a kids game is wrong, and you, troublemaker, did what you came to do - cause trouble.

It's a good thing I never said POE was a kids game then but expecting you to actually read and comprehend text is obviously impossible.

Three pages of good discussion agreeing and disagreeing, overshadowed by Verno the troublemaker with a chip on his shoulder pissed I didn't agree with him. You be the judge...

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:08 Axis

I said your assessment that poe is a kids game is wrong, and you, troublemaker, did what you came to do - cause trouble.  

Yours truly,

Axis

48. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:02 Axis

Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:57:
Axis wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:55:
How does one even attempt to force an opinion? Talk about being defensive, Verno - you are often the pot calling the kettle.

Hell I'd love to see "plenty of kids play it", but they don't. You're just full of shit.

I don't mean 5 year olds and you're just being weird, don't poop your pants in your haste to discredit everyone who doesn't love up your favorite game.

You mindless fucking PR bot, I'm allowed to have my opinions even if you don't like them.

You = defensive bullshitter making problems where there aren't any. Any normal person reading this thread would come to the same conclusion. Fuck off troublemaker.

Yours truly,

Axis

46. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 09:55 Axis

How does one even attempt to force an opinion? Talk about being defensive, Verno - you are often the pot calling the kettle.

Hell I'd love to see "plenty of kids play it", but they don't. You're just full of shit.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 09:24 Axis

I went ahead and preordered from GmG when it was discounted and am fairly certain the PC version will be a hit based on readings.

If not, I'll never preorder again! Wink

I'm pretty pumped...

Yours truly,

Axis

44. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 09:02 Axis

Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 08:58:
Great for the diehards of the game but I can't see myself getting back into it. Very poorly animated and combat is boring to me. It was fun for awhile and I didn't pay any money so whatever, no regrets.

The F2P aspect makes it a great game for kids though, see lots of buzz from youngins about it on Twitch.

lol nice try Verno, while I call kids games for what they are, PoE is not one of them. A simple check through PoE's site on the streamers I've never seen a single "kid" They simply couldn't grasp most of what the game offers - they like D3 type of stuff.

Yours truly,

Axis

42. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 08:57 Axis

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 01:07:
biggest problem of PoE is the complete lack of item comparison features.

You may scoff at D3 for various reasons, but when I pick up an Item that does 15% more damage but doesn't have a 15% skill damage perk for a skill I am constantly using then I *know* that that item need to be rerolled.

But in PoE you have to compare dozens of stats 1 by 1.. dark souls of the ARPG genre does describe it nicely. Also PoE has nothing of the "wow" factor that Diablo 3 has when you encounter legendaries, or kill a big boss. The sound design is meh, there is no bombast and fluff.

And in D3 you definitely have to think to some extend, but the main focus of D3 was always about the loot. And the loot changes how you play D3 fundamentally at times.

Maybe it's me, but so far I was always bored to death by level 16, where I honestly found maybe 20 good decent items to use in that time. And barely 10 skills. That's just not doing it for me.. fixed progression is really no issue considering that legendaries can drop that completely change what a skill does, or how your skills work.

Witch Doctor = Fetish Army stays alive until it dies, is for example a complete game-changer. It allows a witch doctor to have 10+ creatures on screen that each do 685% weapon damage, that's just insane. Compare to that to PoE that doesn't seem to have a proper summoning skill tree to begin with, only skeletons and zombies. That are very slow to attack stuff with bad AI that gets stuck everwhere. Nmhnhmnh

Summoning is downright amazing in PoE, and the way you summon/control changes drastically character to character depending on how it's built. Their AI is solid - I made many hc summoners past level 80.

I won't go deep into it as there's simply too much going on, but you have the skellys and zombies sure, but you also have summon raging spirits, domination of monsters you kill, animated weapons, blink/mirror arrows, and spectres, all managable by several zummoning skills like offerings and convocation and all affected by the equipment - some of which is specific to summoners/minions. Spectres are monsters you kill and raise to fight for you - they can be any non-rare monster available in the game and retains their mods which is a truly amazing experience to find a monster and mod it to your liking to fight for you.

The amount of mods you can add and alter how your summons work is just too much to get into detail. If interested find some of it here:
PoE Minions

This doesn't even include the multitude of support gems you can socket onto each minion, from melee splash, multiple projectiles, damage, added cold/lightning, life, man there's so many I could list I'll just stop here you get the picture.

As for comparisons, there's too many mechanics to make it a simple A to B, heck many of the DPS numbers aren't even valid since much isn't factored in --so you'll need to figure out what matters and there's getting away from that with PoE.

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 12, 2015, 16:06 Axis

Alamar wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 16:03:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 20:01:
NKD wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 15:38:
I tried really hard to get into this but I found myself playing a lot more Diablo 3 in the long run. It's got a lot of the stuff I wanted from Diablo 3 but didn't get, but it also feels, I dunno, old school in a bad way? Clunky? I can't really put the feeling to words.

I haven't played D3 since the "reboot" but last year when I played them both, I ended up playing a lot more PoE than D3. It was simply better. That being said, I heard the D3 reboot patch makes it a much better game. Once I find the time, I intend to get back into D3.

I have played PoE since the D3 "reboot' but last year, when I played them both, I ended up playing a crap ton more D3 than PoE. It was simply better. That being said, I heard that the PoE changes since then make it a much better game. Once I find the time, I intend to get back into PoE.

PoE is pretty much the same just more of it. D3 was only better in the "I don't need to think" department, and that's fine if it's how you like it.

Yours truly,

Axis

34. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 12, 2015, 10:17 Axis

Vio wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 03:41:
Tried it this morning, and I like it. One thing that did bother the hell out of me though is the first time I returned to where my town portal was supposed to be in town... AND IT WAS GONE! Bleh.

Playing with a witch atm. don't know if that negates what is being referred to as clunky or not. I remember trying this game long long ages ago when it was in alpha/beta for like 5 minutes and decided it was too clunky, I did not get that impression this time.

The beginning of the game is tough for new players because they don't know the best way to fly through the early content - another thing you'll learn as you play. From knowing what to identify, equipment to use/craft, mobs to fight/avoid, skill synergy, rarity of items/orbs, how to manage the tree, there's much to know. The mechanics start at class creation and only experience will diminish the "clunk" new players experience, it goes away with knowing the game.

Most people have a set skill they use to level up, and build on it with supports until they get to a point they can use the skill/build they want. Make a class and pick the gem reward needed, stuff it in the stash then reroll the class intended to play.

Lightning tendrils, ground slam, cleave, sweep, fire trap, ice nova, poison arrow, freeze pulse are the most common and don't need supports to get through the early content quickly. Even if you don't know what equipment helps your skill or other skills, picking one and going as you learn is the best way.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 19:08 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 14:34:
Axis wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:10:
If this expansion doesn't make you want to dive into PoE, you have no pulse in the aprg arena.

I'm gonna be so busy this summer, no idea how I'm gonna get my TF2, GTA5 and PoE all in...

Just be sure to get some sun, too...

Sunny

Hah JD, I'll get too much of that as usual --I'm gonna be "busy" with the kids and work -- no idea how I'm gonna get all my games I wanna play in.

Yours truly,

Axis

21. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 18:47 Axis

The depth is PoE is well thought-out and far deeper than anything in the arpg world now or then.

Poe's beta was done right, it was very long, inclusive, they listened religiously to the community, and weren't afraid to try stuff out. Strategy can drastically change with most every patch if you wanted it to (with new gems, layouts, items, etc).

Most of the depth and mechanics, once you eventually become familiar with even a portion of it, is fun, engrossing, and give a real sense of progression.

The problem that few will admit is it's not a game for casuals, or on/off play, and the mechanics are daunting. Perhaps they don't want to actually think in their loot balloon, or prefer a more restrictive build so they don't feel they're wasting time on a gimped setup. I consider myself a casual gamer in most things -- I only take ladders seriously in FPS's. I game a ton - and PoE is the only challenge out there in the arpg arena.

I've been playing for over 3 years on Hardcore modes and still have a ton to learn, most of us do, so will you and there's no getting around it.

And with this gamechanger around the corner, we're pretty damn pumped to learn it all again.

Yours truly,

Axis

1904 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo