Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 10:43 Axis

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:12:
Axis wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 09:35:
InBlack wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 03:15:

Ignorance breeds arrogance. You dont think poverty has anything to do with whats going on in the middle east right? You dont think that extreme poverty in Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan has anything to do with the sectarian and religious violence going on there?

walrus1 wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 09:18:

Ever seen the videos of the dog slaughters in China? Ever read about genocide in Africa? Rape in India?

Everything affects everything in certain amounts, but to blame poverty on a bunch of assholes abusing cows then trying to translate that into some income inequality argument is laughable and childish. A thinking brain might also realize the numbers, and conclude there's always a few assholes among the millions in all walks of life regardless of income.

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 08:39:
He basically parrots popular talking points but never bothers to research anything. People like that can't function w/o having someone tell them how they should feel.

There's that pot in this kettle color conundrum!

Well, you are the one who made the comment about the PP video, with apparently no research done on that.

It's pretty clear no matter how it's spun, and in this case you guys defend execs making 500k+ in a "non-profit" organization who spins the corporate "covering costs" in one of 5 released videos regarding the murder of babies and sending of their body parts.

Imagine if these videos were comcast talking about covering costs for broadband... wow the outrage then!

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 09:35 Axis

InBlack wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 03:15:

Ignorance breeds arrogance. You dont think poverty has anything to do with whats going on in the middle east right? You dont think that extreme poverty in Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan has anything to do with the sectarian and religious violence going on there?

walrus1 wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 09:18:

Ever seen the videos of the dog slaughters in China? Ever read about genocide in Africa? Rape in India?

Everything affects everything in certain amounts, but to blame poverty on a bunch of assholes abusing cows then trying to translate that into some income inequality argument is laughable and childish. A thinking brain might also realize the numbers, and conclude there's always a few assholes among the millions in all walks of life regardless of income.

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 08:39:
He basically parrots popular talking points but never bothers to research anything. People like that can't function w/o having someone tell them how they should feel.

There's that pot in this kettle color conundrum!

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2015, 20:01 Axis

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 19:00:
It's not a power trip, it's a powerless trip. Those guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with. Odds are they're ex-cons as well, so getting $7 an hour for a shitty job where you're treated like shit is going to make you angry and you're going to lash out on who and what you can. You want someone to blame? Start at the top. BK's CEO pulls down about $5,000,000.00 per year - or about $2600.00 per hour. Poverty IS violence. And as long as it remains these sorts of things will never change.

Always one to make excuses for the assholes of the world. You don't see the billions of poor people who are ACTUALLY POOR in other countries beating the shit out of everything around them, the opposite happens - they help one another. But then again, you've never left your living room.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2015, 19:59 Axis

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:06:
Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 17:42:
Law banning secret filming of animal abuse on farms ruled unconstitutional, but GAG ORDER those filming the gleeful people selling body parts of murdered babies...

The difference being the former is a real thing that happens and the latter is not.

ldonyo wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:06:
Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 17:42:
Law banning secret filming of animal abuse on farms ruled unconstitutional, but GAG ORDER those filming the gleeful people selling body parts of murdered babies...
If by filming you mean filming and then heavily editing so as to create a narrative that they wish to present, never mind the facts, then you are correct.

This folks is pure delusion and denial, and the epitome of what's wrong with society these days.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2015, 17:42 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Delayed
5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Delayed Aug 5, 2015, 15:07 Axis

This game is shaping up to be a DLC-laden consolitis piece of shit from what I can tell.

I hope I'm wrong, I bet I'm not.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 4, 2015, 23:03 Axis

Comcast has had to provide broadband to ANY low income family for years for $10 a month, and what qualifies as "low income" in America is still a ridiculously high amount and very easy to comfortably live on. And to boot, just about anyone can get on it if they really wanted to unless they have a 60k+ job.

Of course, when you weigh in drinking, smoking, eating out, impulse buying, gambling, hobbies, etc, then ya it's hard to actually purchase the shit you need on 30k/year.

Too many entitlements, too easy to enable people. Perspective is a bitch...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
29. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 17:30 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 17:12:
There was a bit more content than that ridiculous snip but whatever. I'm sure these impressive stands on principles about easily disabled toggles and misread headlines will continue when the DX12 games start to land

For gaming I'll use whatever OS has the greatest performance, and hack it to death to my standards.

Gaming is the only reason I use any Microsoft OS at all. But performance is all I care about (bling is for casual gaming and I don't do that much). I'm good at dissecting the hype and honeymoon nubbery to get to the truth before I waste any of my time loading it up.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 13:23 Axis

The vast majority of casual "I got a DELL!" users are completely clueless when it comes to knowing their OS, and far from capable to "locking down" anything within it let alone knowing about it.

The fact MS's privacy invasion is on by default would make anyone worth their salt ban it Win10 anywhere in a professional environment, and tell all their nub casual friends to avoid it like the plague.

I couldn't care less about any of that, I run linux and a custom version of Win7. But you guys, well lets hope your buyers remorse doesn't make you look a fool trying to defend the trainwreck which is Win10.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 19:07 Axis

So much for the 5000% games improvement boost. Honestly, where do people come up with this shit.

Synthetic tech demos are nothing to go on in case you've not been around...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Bashiok Leaving Blizzard
1. Re: Bashiok Leaving Blizzard Aug 1, 2015, 12:34 Axis

All I remember is this creep denying or outright deleting negative threads during the beta of d3.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > SUPERHOT Beta
1. Re: SUPERHOT Beta Aug 1, 2015, 12:08 Axis

Doesn't look like a moba, but I do like the gameplay and style.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
8. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 11:35 Axis

New fallout looks mega consolized and should have retired. Packed with cutesy animations and lots of bling though guys!!

Only thing it's got going for it is 'Soldier of Fortune' dismembering.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Technomancer Next Year
7. Re: The Technomancer Next Year Jul 25, 2015, 15:25 Axis

Sure they can, hell they can have organically grown genetically altered daisies grow from their asshole that act as a pollen-shooting jetpack.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Technomancer Next Year
2. Re: The Technomancer Next Year Jul 24, 2015, 20:45 Axis

Technomancer vs Necrodancer!  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 22, 2015, 20:44 Axis

Compared to being a Canadian, it's friggin GODLIKE being an American.

The more we become like watered down politically correct countries, the more it sucks not only for us, but the world - but people are too spoiled, brainwashed, naive, or stupid to realize it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > The Surge Announced
3. Re: The Surge Announced Jul 22, 2015, 10:19 Axis

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 10:07:
what exactly does hardcore RPG even mean?

It means "A, A, B, X" then pause for a second, Y!!!"

Tho to be fair I hear their first title was decent with mouse/keyboard, I just don't buy ports anymore unless it's something truly special.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2015, 17:39 Axis

NKD wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 17:29:
shihonage wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 17:02:
The "study of the study" picked 100 fact checks from over 7000 the source actually checked since 2007.

The source officially condemned this selective misinterpretation of the results.

The link to said misinterpretation is now dead, because, well, it doesn't hold water.

Also, this.

As an immigrant from USSR, I've not seen people more deluded or brainwashed than American liberals - not since being brainwashed myself in Soviet academia into ideologies frighteningly similar to Obama's Statism and cultivation of class wars.

It takes one to know one. The brainwashing will defend itself at all costs - no wonder you people grasp at the flimsiest straws.

The Conservatives in this country would call you a commie piece of fuck and tell you to go home. And you're shocked that people don't want to cast their lot with a bunch of religious zealots and bigots? The religious takeover of the right is very real and will only get worse. The general populous is starting to abandon religion and follow in the steps of many European countries. This means the right will have to double down on their religious rhetoric to rally their base.

Shihon is 100% right, liberals are so completely lost among their own brainwashing it's silly.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2015, 12:17 Axis

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 22:18:
Axis wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:57:
Firefox is the most stable browser out there, and the only one that respects your privacy.

I think you mean Chromium.

Either is fine I suppose by looking at the comparisons. But I can't personally speak for chromium, I never even gave it a look until it had a noscript equivalent.

I stick with what I have a strong history with and know to be the most secure & stable especially with regards to modding it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2015, 12:00 Axis

Anyone who harasses anyone is a loser, no study needed. They tend to have low self esteem, few real friends, poor work ethics, poor judgement, quick to blame others, generally untrustworthy, dishonest, on and on.

Sound like any particular political party in general? I know, right!

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo