Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1444 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
22. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 10:34 Axis

Redmask wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 07:11:
What a surprise, Axis posting a bunch of bullshit and unable to back it up. Please stop quoting the troll guys, ignore only works when you let it.

Hey look it's redmask hopping on the troll train! Now you just need NiN to hop on and you'll have enough to pull out that six pack of vasoline you've been saving!

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 01:34 Axis

Verno wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 23:08:
Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 16:40:
I will not list my posts or emails in an effort to appease your supposed interest. I'd love to think you were trying to be helpful, but I know better.

I never said I was trying to be helpful dude, that was you. I was just asking to see some rationale or detail to flesh out what you posted. People ask each other that all the time on here, I have no problem explaining my opinions *shrug*. Pretty reasonable request given that you weren't exactly detailed earlier. If you can't explain then I think most people get the picture.

What exactly do you need spelled out Verno? Descender came in here at your "defense", then agreed with me about the AI and community - 2 of my 5 points already verified by your sidekick troll. So what is your problem except for constant trolling of my critical posts?

1. The insanely inept and vain dev responses on the beta forums when people gave solid constructive criticism.
Spelled out for Verno + company: Go FIND the responses in the forum, don't be lazy. There are plenty of posts -- you have to actually go find them I won't do your homework for you - I did it 2 years ago already.
2. Shootmanias constant 'announcements' that their garbage game is the new quake among the elite pro gamer tournaments around the world, even during beta.
Spelled out for Verno + company: Go FIND their beta announcements, they have been long gone and I am not, again, going to scour old posts just to feed a troll - go find them yourself.

3. Shootmania has terrible network code which has been improved but LARGELY lacking in almost every way imaginable.
Spelled out for Verno + company: Do your own homework, this one is easy -- there are hundreds of posts about this.

4. Their eye destroying UI.
Spelled out for Verno + company: Your pal descender already agreed, point 1 of 5 verified. Now go ask him for proof.

5. Complete lack of a US community and players, and a sparce EU one.
Spelled out for Verno + company: Your pal descender already agreed, point 2 of 5 verified. Now go ask him for proof.

Don't act cutesy with me Verno. You have no desire to be "enlightened" or have rational detail or discussion with me - you've proven that time and time again. You seek out my criticizing posts and try to take some lofty spot that only encourages the few I've stifled to attempt another attack. I've humored you this time only because the few rational people on this board need to see how ridiculous you are - and frankly I'm sure they already have before I "spelled it out".

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 16:40 Axis

I will not list my posts or emails in an effort to appease your supposed interest. I'd love to think you were trying to be helpful, but I know better.

Feel free to read their forums on the subject:

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=10

You'd need to actually play the game to make any judgement anyway. So.. have you?

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 15:15 Axis

Verno wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:10:
Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:44:
They are points made after hours and hours of playing and posting "constructive" posts (that were largely ignored) and talking with the small community over a period of months.

Can you link some of your constructive posts about the game for the rest of us to read? The below doesn't give people much to work with, its just venting.

It's exactly what I stated - reasons the game is crap -- a result of blowhard marketing and poor development -- a warning for people not to spend money on a game that doesnt care.

I spent my time already trying to help them, I have no further interest.

I, at least, give fair warning to fellow gamers and real reasons why. Again, what have you done Verno?

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 09:44 Axis

They are points made after hours and hours of playing and posting "constructive" posts (that were largely ignored) and talking with the small community over a period of months.

You Verno, however, never did any of that did you?

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 08:20 Axis

I had plenty of things to say about Shootmania back in beta and through the first several months of release - and none of it was good.

Ill recap:

Been many months since I fired it up, pretty shit game.

Here's a few of the many qualified reasons Shootmania is a pile of shoot:

1. The insanely inept and vain dev responses on the beta forums when people gave solid constructive criticism.

2. Shootmanias constant 'announcements' that their garbage game is the new quake among the elite pro gamer tournaments around the world, even during beta.

3. Shootmania has terrible network code which has been improved but LARGELY lacking in almost every way imaginable.

4. Their eye destroying UI.

5. Complete lack of a US community and players, and a sparce EU one.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 1, 2014, 14:08 Axis

UConnBBall wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 11:04:
Sad. It seemed like everyone was dying for this to come out on KickStarter and BAM nothing. Except TowerFall

Ouya's software implementation was terrible and they never got it right - the hardware is/was good for most games minus their touchpad on the controller (which was terrible). Many of us were expecting eventually a google-play partnership with their hardware interfacing it well. I put plenty of APK's on it that worked perfectly, they were just silly and now they're desperate.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 21:50 Axis

Game rocks.

Melee gets much stronger later on.

Anyone can use the specialty arrows, you can make a real nice hybrid ranger. I do Ranger/Mage after having put about 40 hours into the beta pretty much just testing character combos...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
52. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 21:45 Axis

NiN puts everyone on ignore who at some point proves him wrong, and yet he talks shit about those people for no reason time and time and time again.

Classy troll... classy.

Yours truly,

Axis

47. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 14:58 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 14:11:
Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 13:58:
Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:51:

I also think "immersion" is a more bullshit term than things like "synergy" or "paradigm.".

You're so full of shit, Beamer, that you even manage to come up with dumb shit like this to say. It's all about just finding something to be an asshole about with you, I begin to realize.

There's nothing bullshit about a perfectly adequate term like "immersion". Those who value it don't automatically think they are person X they're playing.

If you want to call someone out on bullshit or call them a loon, don't say retarded shit like that.

Note: prefacing something with "I also think" implies an opinion, not a statement of fact.
If someone can't enjoy Tetris, though, because it isn't immersive, they're likely a loon.

Beamer you too often make idiotic comparisons and are no where near the mark of what is being said. Course you already know that, you just argue for the sake of arguing.

Which would be fine if you were right and people just didn't like to hear it, but you are mostly self-serving and a whole lotta wrong.

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 Axis

Divinity: Original Sin has been officially released!

Now get back up to #1 on the sale asap!!!

Yours truly,

Axis

30. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 23:08 Axis

cant delete this double  

Yours truly,

Axis

28. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 23:05 Axis

Beamer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 22:33:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 22:22:
Beamer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 21:08:
Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 20:07:
I'm a PC gamer. The one that defines himself as being pro the following: story; gameplay; immersion; graphics.

One of the weirdest things I've ever seen written here. Ever.\
Because no other gamer may value that?
Because PC games always have to value that, otherwise, what, they're "console crap" even if PC only?

Well, while perhaps not articulated as well as he might have, I largely agree with Quinn on his points. Most of those things are done better on PC.

- Story: Can be done equally well on either platform. Probably his weakest argument.
- Gameplay: PC gameplay, with it's vastly greater precision and number of controls, is simply more interesting and compelling.
- Immersion: The most immersive style of game is the FPS, and mouse control mimics natural movement much more closely than a controller. Higher resolution and options such as draw distance and AA which are superior on PC also add to immersion.
- Graphics: It's not even a contest.

The PC often has the best graphics. But c'mon. Minecraft has poor graphics and no plot. Is it a lesser game? How about teleglitched? Pixel Piracy?

The whole PC master race bullshit fails because most people claiming it are idiots. You articulated the benefits of pcs fine. He just came across as a loon.

Ever play Minecraft on a tablet or xbox? Yes, on those it's a VASTLY lesser game on every front, and you aren't even considering the mods/multiplayer/utilities/etc.

But then again, Beamer is the "Desktops are a Niche Market that is rapidly shrinking" garbage spewer, so I don't pay attention. But calling HIM a "loon"... contradiction again and again you go...

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 20:16 Axis

I'm tickled that Divinity: Original Sin keeps popping between #1 and #3 - really quite an accomplishment for a Word of Mouth kick-started game, and well deserved.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 29, 2014, 16:14 Axis

Thanks Horrorscope, Id get the beta if it weren't for D:OS comin tomorrow.

BTW - Divinity: Original Sin is #1 on steam's summer sale - the end one too where they put all the top $$$ together.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 22:53 Axis

Thanks for all the feedback, sounds like my kind of game and I'm pumped to see so many solid RPG games on the horizon - it's sure been a long time comin! I'm a sucker for these types of oldschool western RPGs...  

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 19:16 Axis

How does LoX play right now Horrorscope? After you mentioned it a bit ago I looked it up and it did look like the kind of game I'd play - but with D:os around the corner I figured I'd wait to plunge.

Also I sometimes slow down games like beat-em-ups and pinball games, it's just more fun sometimes...

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 13:00 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 11:34:
Cram wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 00:55:
hey hey, another majority on Bluesnews actually excited and/or pleased about a game. Kudos. One that's kickstarted, no less.

I gave it a go about a week ago, a Fighter/Cleric combo. I found it damn slow, both movement while exploring and battle system even compared to Baldur's Gate. However, I absolutely intend to try again and will give the Rogue/Cleric idea a go. The Rogue was my alt choice originally.

I use CheatEngine's speedhack and bolster game speed 75%, (1.75), yeah movement and combat speed are laborious, but with simple tools like this and SweetFX we can take things in our own hand with little effort. All part of the PC package to me.

Yeah playing the beta if nothing else lets you know what you'll want to do when it is released. For example play Hard, because that is more like a Normal, or what used to a Normal. Or things like what it takes to get as many AP points as possible, how to build that up, since all your moves in battle are based on that.

Ya Cheatengine's speedhack is the best thing - I use it for so many single player games I have no patience these days, and can do 3x the amount of stuff in a fraction of the 'fluff' time...

I started back on my Amiga with a plug-in hardware accelerator (Supraturbo 28) and never looked at games the same way since...

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 10:57 Axis

I sent this to Blues literally as soon as the almost 3 gig update started... and then waited for hours and hours till I had to go to bed. Should be fully accessible in a couple hours.

Haven't been this pumped since NwN, game is killer.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Survarium Devs Question Areal
5. Re: Survarium Devs Question Areal Jun 25, 2014, 13:22 Axis

I bought Suvarium awhile ago for access. While the game can be fun, it is RIFE full of hackers to the point of nausea.

There has been no meaningful updates, zero cheat protection, and they pretend to "police" but have absolutely no way to tell who is cheating or not.

Yours truly,

Axis

1444 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo