Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 15:01 Axis

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 14:49:
Another retarded thread on Blues News, brought to you by our recurring sponsor of retarded threads everywhere: Axis!

I noticed that trend too! I make a sensible post, then Descender, Krowen, Darks, harlock, Black, Nin and/or you, same old miserable goons come in to troll forming your usual circle jerk.

Course it's not surprising, that whole flock together thing is strong here.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 13:55 Axis

Krowen wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 13:48:
I wouldn't deign to listen to anything you had to say, you've already proven yourself to be supremely ignorant on this subject. Nice gay joke, you're a homophobe in addition to an idiot yer pappa must be proud.

We're all done here, you are dismissed.

Someone didn't realize he was already 'done here'.

I never said double dads was good or bad, but it's certainly acceptable. Apparently not by you, my moms would not approve...

Yours truly,

Axis

6. removed Aug 14, 2015, 13:37 Axis

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 14, 2015, 14:30.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 12:21 Axis

descender wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 10:53:
None of the recommended software contains any malware. They explain why a "better password" is irrelevant in today's world. They address how off-site backup solutions are pretty important unless you have a fetish for rummaging through ash and debris for melted USB sticks.

Confused

Every one your points are directly addressed in detail in the sub-articles, you should read more... your "advice" is pretty inaccurate and uninformed. Yeah, keeping everything offline and disconnected is "more secure" in the moment, but so is leaving your car in your driveway and walking to work. Sometimes you do actually need to drive the thing!

Offsite backup solutions are the most important, it's called offsite storage, not online. And you never keep your pc on with remote software running and accessible unless you are a total idiot. And ya, may as well make your password "password". Also there's some misc ads running that give even more information, you should read more, click it all!

I deal with inexperienced buffonery like yours all the time. Great for keeping noob techs employed until they get fired, terrible policies.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 10:00 Axis

Top 10 Simple Things Every Computer User Should Know How to Do.
What a terrible article.

#1 make a less obvious password.
#2 Run Avast.
#3 backup just the files you need locally onto a usb stick, never remotely.
#4 Ignore the above article.

No computer user should be running 24/7 and sharing files via remote apps. Also, people get viruses way more often by installing malware that proclaim they'll "clean up your pc". I could go on, but average users should ignore that article immediately.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 13, 2015, 13:26 Axis

What's terribly naive are people who say "If you don't let these technologies do their 'call homes' and 'cloud computing', you won't get good Service/Accuracy/Convenience/Mindreading/etc!!"

What type of people think Microsoft (or any company) is "serving" something useful/convenient/etc based on all the stuff these companies collect?

Seriously, what service, accuracy or convenience do they feel is worth the tradeoff? I can't think of one.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Overwatch Gameplay Video
5. Re: Overwatch Gameplay Video Aug 12, 2015, 13:57 Axis

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:25:
Axis wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 10:10:
I've yet to see a FPS with more screen garbage(animations/fog/effects/shit) constantly annoying your view than this one.

Absolutely no buy unless you can turn off 90% of it.

Honestly, it doesn't look too bad to me. I find Call of Duty and Destiny way more offensive in this regard.

I don't play either. But TF2 is super clean, and can be cleaned up even more since it's a source engine. I don't have any weapons on screen, and removed almost all of the bling.

Again it's all about the engine for me, if it can be turned off I'll give it a shot - but I'm an old quake player and I prefer pure.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
26. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 13:52 Axis

PHJF wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 13:13:
El Pit wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 13:00:
WaltC wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:43:
Timing is not great...I think they should have waited until the week after they got the EE out of the door...It's hard to justify financing a sequel when the first game remains unfinished. I think that D:OS is a masterpiece...but this KS doesn't agree with my sense of proper timing.

Unfinished? I don't understand. I played through all of D: OS and it was the complete game.

... placeholder NPCs didn't annoy you? ...O

Hah took me about 10 minutes before I killed the shit outta that tranny-sounding "Heey Baby" prostitute in 2nd town. Most satisfying kill, most bothering soundbyte heard in any RPG I've played.

Other than that, the other NPCs were fine.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
11. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 10:23 Axis

POE Awakening is so much fun, I couldn't imagine wasting even a minute on this garbage. I really wish I hadn't bought it, but I was in a weak moment after a PoE break.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Rising Thunder Open Alpha
4. Re: Rising Thunder Open Alpha Aug 12, 2015, 10:21 Axis

Only fighting games I truly enjoy anymore are like are ones like Virtua Fighter or Oni, and we never see them these days.

I know the 2d side works for most, but I wore myself out on that perspective many moons ago on a little known title called Way of Exploding Fist (on my c64), followed by more years of Mortal Combat and Street fighter in arcades.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Overwatch Gameplay Video
1. Re: Overwatch Gameplay Video Aug 12, 2015, 10:10 Axis

I've yet to see a FPS with more screen garbage(animations/fog/effects/shit) constantly annoying your view than this one.

Absolutely no buy unless you can turn off 90% of it.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 10:05 Axis

This will be the only title I'll be backing without reservation.

I was kinda hoping they'd get to work on the pathfinder or dnd license for their next RPG title, but I'll be happy with their own IP. Maybe better anyway, no conflicting opinions from the IP corporate goons.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Adding PvP Leagues
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Adding PvP Leagues Aug 11, 2015, 15:33 Axis

sauron wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:48:
I loved GW2 back when it was released. So incredibly fun. The SP game and WvWvW were fantastic.

But they just released the first expansion three years after the original game! If they'd been quicker, I would probably still be playing it.

I hated GW2 compared to GW1, but it's the absolutely perfect game for my son and his friends and that's pretty much all they've played.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Humble Store Adds Wish Lists
3. Re: Humble Store Adds Wish Lists Aug 11, 2015, 15:31 Axis

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:25:
Axis wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 10:44:
Can still get some titles you want for cheap occasionally, but it's pretty much been unknowns getting the bundle treatments.

Last two bundles I picked up were the Digital CCG one and the Borderlands one. Both pretty solid as I never got all the DLC for Borderlands 2 and the discount off of the Pre-Sequel was sizable. Got everything Borderlands for roughly $30.

Ya they come back sometimes, same AAA companies with the same offerings though, and usually right before a paid dlc, expansion, or followup title.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Humble Store Adds Wish Lists
1. Re: Humble Store Adds Wish Lists Aug 11, 2015, 10:44 Axis

Not a bad idea, humble/indie/gala/stars/etc bundles have lost their excitement factor.

Can still get some titles you want for cheap occasionally, but it's pretty much been unknowns getting the bundle treatments.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Adding PvP Leagues
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Adding PvP Leagues Aug 10, 2015, 18:13 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 14:23:
So GW2 came out 3 years ago, and they're just getting to this now?

There's incentives and rewards for progression in PvP/WvW etc, but this seems more of an active tracking of players stats instead of a generic achievement system.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
14. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 10, 2015, 13:58 Axis

He said pretty much the same thing everyone worth their salt says - stick with win7. If you run the shitty WinVista or Win8, might as well upgrade.  

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 9, 2015, 22:15 Axis

harlock wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 16:18:
anyone who thinks privacy still exists "on the grid" in this day and age is a complete fucking retard

Only a 'complete fucking retard', as you so eloquently said, would expect privacy while "on the grid".

However, only a 'complete fucking retard' would point out something so obvious that even a complete fucking retard would know is true.

Then again, you can be a complete fucking retard and still keep the things you want private while 'on the grid' if you aren't a complete fucking retard.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 9, 2015, 16:06 Axis

Linux laughs at Peter not-so Bright.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 14:54 Axis

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 11:14:
Axis wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:43:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:12:

Well, you are the one who made the comment about the PP video, with apparently no research done on that.

It's pretty clear no matter how it's spun, and in this case you guys defend execs making 500k+ in a "non-profit" organization who spins the corporate "covering costs" in one of 5 released videos regarding the murder of babies and sending of their body parts.

Imagine if these videos were comcast talking about covering costs for broadband... wow the outrage then!

You're ignoring the fact that this has been standard practice in the medical community for decades, and the fees they charge for handling are more than reasonable, and certainly not profitable. If this weren't the case, they wouldn't have had to do so much editing to make it appear corrupt.

I don't have time to argue stuff you people glance over and share the one progressive point that tries to defend these masters of baby murder...

Here The Facts

None of you will read it. And if you do, you'll immediately go back to plunging your heads in sand.

Yours truly,

Axis

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo