Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2029 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2015, 12:17 Axis

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 22:18:
Axis wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:57:
Firefox is the most stable browser out there, and the only one that respects your privacy.

I think you mean Chromium.

Either is fine I suppose by looking at the comparisons. But I can't personally speak for chromium, I never even gave it a look until it had a noscript equivalent.

I stick with what I have a strong history with and know to be the most secure & stable especially with regards to modding it.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2015, 12:00 Axis

Anyone who harasses anyone is a loser, no study needed. They tend to have low self esteem, few real friends, poor work ethics, poor judgement, quick to blame others, generally untrustworthy, dishonest, on and on.

Sound like any particular political party in general? I know, right!

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 20, 2015, 11:02 Axis

Task wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:58:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:01:
Wow on those comments from all the right-wing extremist xtians on that Wiccan article. It boggles the mind that people like that are actually permitted to vote.

At least its entertaining. And rightfully they can't go around murdering innocent women anymore like the ancient days.

Ya, it's like all the zealots, women haters, homophobes and extremists common to all religions of the past timewarped to modern day Islamists...

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2015, 10:57 Axis

jomisab wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:44:
Axis wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:35:
I've not found any reason to choose anything other than Firefox with noscript for the last 10 years or so.

And speed? That's pretty funny... apparently Microsoft is still developing for 1990s.

Firefox is always seizing up on me. I now use Chrome for almost everything. Chrome spins each tab off on a separate process, so it's impossible for a rogue page to bring down everything else.

Firefox is the most stable browser out there, and the only one that respects your privacy.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 20, 2015, 10:47 Axis

In this case we'd not call them techies, we'd call them fired.  

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2015, 10:35 Axis

I've not found any reason to choose anything other than Firefox with noscript for the last 10 years or so.

And speed? That's pretty funny... apparently Microsoft is still developing for 1990s.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 18, 2015, 16:26 Axis

It will make a bit of difference, but not much.

Wait till you start trying to stream shows on your smart tv and some aren't allowed due to "licensing", forcing you to only play those on your PC only. Then you'll likely realize the real heart of Hulu's problem and drop the service. Believe me, this is a huge pain in the ass and the root of their subscription problem.

Course if you really want Hulu bad enough, you'll run it off a laptop or something and hdmi it to your tv. But then, again, you'll realize you don't want hulu bad enough to do that, and drop the service.

That's my crystal ball for Hulu's future...

Yours truly,

Axis

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2015, 11:35 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 19:16:
Icewind wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 18:41:
Everything can be called racist. Everything can be called homophobic. everything can be called misogynistic. How about we just STFU and just let people say, believe, and write what they want and stop being sensitive about it?

There was a golden rule of "Sticks and stones", somehow it is never used as a comeback anymore.

Liberal world these days -- They're all victims, needing constant attention, unable and unwilling to do anything for themselves.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
3. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 11:03 Axis

If it wasn't for CRT's, most wouldn't know why or what a difference it makes. Back in the day having 80+ frame rates was just normal, and is *the* biggest edge if you play for skill.

I won't play any competitive games without 80+ frames. 60 is the minimum for anything else except casual types.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 17, 2015, 08:34 Axis

Cmon Quakecon, I used to love ya but you're getting soft. There's nothing better than Mumble, especially if we're talking competitive gaming.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Free Ultra Street Fighter IV Weekend
2. Re: Free Ultra Street Fighter IV Weekend Jul 17, 2015, 08:30 Axis

I got excited for a moment, then I realized it's not the newer "Super Special Ultra Ultron Street Fighter IV.V" which, I hear, is the bees knees...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Skyforge Open Beta
5. Re: Skyforge Open Beta Jul 16, 2015, 21:15 Axis

Maybe I've just been gaming around too long, looks like the same old shit to me.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 21:50 Axis

While I'm a big boy and can handle childish name calling, you just went over the top personal attack and I expect your comment to be deleted.

But lets clarify your superior thought process. You think all the following was done only after the ruling, and within 2 months time:

1. Comcast solidified an agreement with a major publisher for mass market game streaming.

2. Comcast/EA Had all the software (and pre-designed hardware) built for said streaming service.

3. They have an active beta testing of the service.

Ahh, so the light bulb would have gone off in your head that indeed they must have had this in the works for a very long time, and you would then attempt to re-say what you were very clear in saying which was just proved wrong.

Ya, bunch of geniuses around here...

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 09:47 Axis

Thanks for repeating all the silly talking points about Net Neutrality, slick, but your original point is still wrong and can't be disguised in your boring monolog.  

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 14, 2015, 22:32 Axis

First it's not a fresh idea, just a streaming game service. Second, net neutrality had nothing to do with it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 14, 2015, 10:25 Axis

OPM hacks. Told ya -- 4th major attack since I said why there'd be many more.

Ya admin, keep focusing on shit that don't matter while our enemies hack the fuck outta Americans via incompetent govt techs & policies...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Month
11. Re: Satellite Reign Next Month Jul 13, 2015, 00:28 Axis

Planet Explorers is one of the better ones, many meaningful updates, competent devs, solid game as-is.

Castle Story is probably the best example of shit-for-brains 'lip-service' devs who got their pockets filled and ran (but pretend not to so they can occasionally weasel cash from dummies who don't do their research).

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Month
8. Re: Satellite Reign Next Month Jul 12, 2015, 22:04 Axis

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 21:13:
Slashman wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 17:51:
I don't mind supporting a dev who follows through and releases a good game from EA. Too many games stuck in EA forever.

EA has only existed as a Steam concept for 28 months... You make it sound like we're dealing in dog years or something. Learn some patience.

Slash is right, no idea what you're on about. Too many nincompoop devs who have little business sense and even less competence at completion once they've a dime in their pocket.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
11. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 11, 2015, 22:25 Axis

Alamar wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 12:10:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:18:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 10:56:
I think it would of made a lot more people upset by not giving them a reset (something they do after every major patch) because of the vast changes to the passive tree, especially with the additions of jewels.

Oh I agree. They definitely should allow a reset. I just hate the idea of reassigning the whole thing and figuring out what has changed.

What they should do, is give you the reset, but show you where your points were previously...

Use the offline and save your builds nublets!

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 10, 2015, 22:18 Axis

No reason to doubt humanity there Pao, last I checked very few people like assholes.  

Yours truly,

Axis

2029 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo