Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1554 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 22:17 Axis

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 21:17:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 21:01:
Life for you must be stressful and full of anxiety constantly wringing your hands over how Obama is ruining the world.

I just can't believe it's almost 2015 and someone is still discussing Benghazi. Even the GOP has admitted there was no wrongdoing there.

Context and Comprehension, you lack both and prove it with damn near every single reply. Do you ever put any effort in thinking about what you say before saying it?

Krowen said Obama "got it right" by poopooing Sony's decision to pull the movie due to the "terrorists" winning type of precedent. I stated Obama would be the first to blame them had they not and something happened. I used Benghazi as the example because that's exactly what he did, he blamed an innocent stupid film for the attacks, he acts cowardly.

See? Context. Comprehension.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 20:32 Axis

Krovven wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 18:47:

Obama and many others have gotten right that this sets a very dangerous precident. There is a reason US and Canada (and I'm sure others) don't negotiate with terrorists.

What naivety or pure ignorance you show. Obama would be the FIRST to point fingers at Sony/Movie theaters/USA if there was any type of attack. Remember folks, Obama and his cronies blamed some silly movie on the Benghazi terrorist attack and subsequently demonized and prosecuted him however they could.

Obama has done nothing BUT negotiate - with all the wrong people all too often. That's why you see a ISIS more and more capable, fearless, and willing to murder indiscriminately. This among the other insane amount of anti-US sentiment and bullshit from russia/china/etc while Obama continues to alienate our allies.

While the apologists at large are playing politics to try to make Obama seem something he is not, the world deepens in shit, smoke, and mirrors.

The US is not leading, and the world is fucked - that's the truth of it.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 10:56 Axis

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 10:54:
Axis wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 10:46:
Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 10:14:
Linthat22 wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 07:00:
Is anyone else getting the feeling that this was all staged and faked?

I mean, anyone that has seen any details of the movie, it looks like it sucks. I just get the feeling that this crap movie's hype was staged.

Bad movies get released almost every month. What would sonys end game be here?

And why did axis make your question partisan, other than that is the only way his brain is now trained to work?

Apparently Beamer didn't pay any attention to what was really reported, and provided a better answer than you. I'll give you a hint -- the "Partisan" shit was the entire reason the hack was so embarrassing, making fun of Obama/blacks with racial overtones by liberals would be the exact reason.

Oh, enlighten me, what was reported and how does it let you magically know the truth?
And why did Sony do this yo themselves?

And Jesus, man, your last sentence.

Beamer, you seriously need lessons in comprehension.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 10:46 Axis

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 10:14:

I mean, anyone that has seen any details of the movie, it looks like it sucks. I just get the feeling that this crap movie's hype was staged.

Bad movies get released almost every month. What would sonys end game be here?

And why did axis make your question partisan, other than that is the only way his brain is now trained to work?

Apparently Beamer didn't pay any attention to what was really reported, and provided a better answer than you. I'll give you a hint -- the "Partisan" shit was the entire reason the hack was so embarrassing, making fun of Obama/blacks with racial overtones by liberals would be the exact reason.

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 09:39 Axis

No liberals would ever have their racial hypocrisy in full view of the world.

So nope, hack was real.

Notice no one was surprised?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
22. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 20, 2014, 09:11 Axis

Just like Uplay, Origin is only a proprietary install -- used because it *has* to be used to install the manufacturer's game, nothing more.

Why anyone would think Uplay or Origin are viable as a social, marketing, or otherwise "platform" is naive at best. No one would install them if they didn't have to, some are heartily opposed to it and won't purchase the game if its required.

Steam got there first, got it right, and long ago. Until Steam becomes a greedy monopoly or screws up somewhere bigtime, no one will look elsewhere. As it should be.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
118. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 08:14 Axis

Loving the game, slow and steady but first game in a *very* long time I felt overwhelmed, and there's still much to learn...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
40. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 16, 2014, 18:52 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:06:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:00:
For me, it's getting to the point where gaming is getting less interesting and my need for a Windows partition, let alone a Windows exclusive installation, is rapidly dwindling. For daily use, there are plenty of Linux distros that do everything I need. Libre for office work, VLC is cross platform, as is Amarok (which I have come to prefer over Rhythmbox, Banshee or even the venerable old Winamp). I have Thunderbird, Seamonkey or a host of other email clients, if I wanted to use something other than a web interface.

Almost all of the games I enjoy playing repeatedly are "older" titles, like Silent Hunter IV, Medieval II, Homeworld 1 and 2, and they work beautifully under WINE. Even new titles are suddenly getting Linux ports like Metro 2033 Redux and Borderlands, as well as others.

Provided that momentum continues, I won't even need Windows for gaming.

I just find it hard to justify a Windows OS license purchase in today's world.

We all got our click, I don't see your gaming habit as very common though.

But it is a LOT more common than it was just a few years ago, and the more MS goes down the hole of stink and puke, the more people will warm to linux - that's whats been happening just very very slowly.

I'm very much like Burrito, however I do game a bit more on Windows. Mainly I use the OS for DAW applications because of industry standard applications that are native to Win or Apple. I'd *never* go to Apple for anything, so if push came to shove I'd go pure linux and their DAW distros, using windows for the bare minimum.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition Early Access
8. Re: SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition Early Access Dec 16, 2014, 18:46 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 03:34:
Okay, while I appreciate what they're trying to do here, just...no.

Even Telengard had better graphics than this.

For me, nothing will beat the nostalgia of the apshai series on my first love the ti994a, and "graphics" are simply not part of the equation when it comes to ascii in my book.

However, play the free version of Sanctuary and you'll find a much different gameplay that offers far greater strategy than the earlier types.

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition Early Access Dec 15, 2014, 11:29 Axis

PHJF wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 11:04:
Early access? Because ASCII games are so expensive to develop, right?

This is not your average ascii game, not by a long shot.

For me, it's about innovation and people who are willing to step out of the box to make something different in this day of cutnpastegames...

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition Early Access Dec 15, 2014, 09:45 Axis

I really liked SantuaryRPG, felt like old times with a new pair of air jordans...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
2. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 09:42 Axis

More useless bloat in their OS... as expected.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
11. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 20:40 Axis

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 19:29:
Asmodai wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 18:37:
The lagging is on certain abilities, shield charge/cyclone being the two major culprits.

Since shield charge is kinda useless, I moved to whirling blades and haven't had a lag death since (3 f#cking hardcore characters all killed due to shield charge rubberbanding while trying to escape...)

As for the uber builds with ultra expensive items, I've been using the Sovyn's lazy pally build (max shield block tank templar) and have spent relatively little (bout 5 ex all up, all of that self earned). Considering 5 ex won't get you a single high tier item for some builds, being fully equipped and being capable of doing 85+ maps by standing there and tanking everything is pretty good. 18k dps reave as the main attack.

Block got nerfed in the recent patch, but they've made a lot of good changes to the Templar part of the tree to make it more competitive with the other classes, so it is probably still a pretty good build, even if maxing out block is a lot harder now.

I'm about to jump into the new league now, just trying to decide what sort of build I want to start with... that's always the hardest part

Pretty straight forward for me:

Step 1: Level farmer (summoner, totem, etc)
Step 2: Learn new league mechanics and let bugs/balance work out.
Step 3: Level buttkicker.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
4. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 13:04 Axis

Game is fantastic, as always...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - The Talos Principle
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - The Talos Principle Dec 11, 2014, 20:34 Axis

Man I loved the Swapper, one of the few puzzle games I finished in the last 15 years. And Croteam always has a special place in my heart...

Might have to pick this up.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 20:32 Axis

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:25:
DrSquick wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 17:18:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 13:25:
Trendy was trying to be trendy but realized there is a trend now that says "if you don't have a moba out last year, you are already too late to the party". So Trendy saw the trend and made the right call. Now the FTP part of DD2 may still be fucked to hell and back. I guess they just weren't ok with a lot of money and want to now risk it going this pay to route. I just think they needed to improve on the formula of DD1.

I sort of fell out of touch with DD once the MOBA thing was announced. But I spent a tremendous amount of time in DD1, and loved it! What is looking bad about DD2? Last I heard they had a ton of classes, it would be FTP, with cosmetic and XP boosts as the only paid items.

I'm not really sure at this point, yeah played the piss out of the first as well. But heck why give me something free which I would have spent $15-$20 for if there isn't a catch? Perhaps there isn't one, then I'm supposed to believe they are looking out for us? Since it is ftp, certainly will try it out.

You pay for Early Access, that is all. If you liked the first, you'll like this one.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 17:05 Axis

Nah scope, it's a solid game and at a very early stage. $$$ will be for cosmetics and xp/loot boosts, both of which most people accept.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:02 Axis

Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:55:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:51:
Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:47:
WaltC wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:18:
I find it disturbing because nothing is more boring to me than cartoon, pretend romances in a 3d RPG. Hopefully, this is something that can be easily bypassed completely. Ugh. Dime romance novels are everywhere...not needed inside 3d games, too.

To many, games/RPGs are about immersion; becoming the character. Some of us surely know how it feels to fall in love and/or to show affection to someone and getting it back. This is probably the same reason why it's so popular in these Bioware games. When you find out that beyond that armor and stern look, there's a hopeless romantic woman who's afraid to get heartbroken... it's just awesome that you are the Inquisitor, savior of the world, and make time to buy flowers and read up on poetry to sweep her off her feet.

Nothing wrong with romantic relationships in these Bioware games. If you can't understand why people like it, it says more about you than about those people.

All based on the wrong assumption it's "so popular in these Bioware games". It's not.

I admit, I can't proof that it's popular. All I know is that I like it, my friends like it, and in most forum posts I've read about it people like it. Where's your source that claims that it's not? This is an honest inquiry btw.

Btw, about the gay stuff.. I think it's obvious they are selling a moral highground with it. That's fine, I guess, but like your friends basically claims... I don't think it's necessary anymore. Only radical zealots or plain dumb idiots don't accept gays yet. Why try changing those minds? I can understand it would feel demeaning to actual gay people somehow. What I don't get either is why right about every freaking companion is either gay or bisexual. Point taken. Complete overkill.

I don't have a source either Quinn, just what I observe in the forum chatter. People certainly talk about it, mainly negative, but I don't see many saying "Bioware games are awesome, and romance options are one of the biggest reasons."

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:59 Axis

Sho wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:51:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:43:
He basically said They (developers) include "him" in games to attempt to make gay people appear normal and accepted, when they are already normal and accepted - and only serves the developers interest, not gays. There was more but that was the jist of it.

I guess I can understand being annoyed by "token gay romance" stuff. But I'm not sure what alternatives the devs have at that point ... it seems like a transitional thing where you need to do it to the point that no one notices either presence or absence anymore, and then you can finally get to just including whatever's narratively compelling in context.

Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:43:
For me, I feel any romance as an rpg line is annoying at best no matter how it's done or who it serves.

I think not pursuing a romance should always be a role-playing option, but I think it's cool when you can express that side of a character. Dunno, I guess I like dialog systems and the social sim side of narrative-driven games in general and at that point, why should my character not get to have a sex life? I think that sort of realism can lead to good writing.

Good points. I'd add that romance options in my games have no place at all (unless its sims or some shit). Can't appeal to everyone, but if I had it my way there wouldn't even be a heart icon, those storyline assets and workload would be diverted to more asskick and gameplay.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:51 Axis

Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:47:
WaltC wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:18:
I find it disturbing because nothing is more boring to me than cartoon, pretend romances in a 3d RPG. Hopefully, this is something that can be easily bypassed completely. Ugh. Dime romance novels are everywhere...not needed inside 3d games, too.

To many, games/RPGs are about immersion; becoming the character. Some of us surely know how it feels to fall in love and/or to show affection to someone and getting it back. This is probably the same reason why it's so popular in these Bioware games. When you find out that beyond that armor and stern look, there's a hopeless romantic woman who's afraid to get heartbroken... it's just awesome that you are the Inquisitor, savior of the world, and make time to buy flowers and read up on poetry to sweep her off her feet.

Nothing wrong with romantic relationships in these Bioware games. If you can't understand why people like it, it says more about you than about those people.

All based on the wrong assumption it's "so popular in these Bioware games". It's not.

Yours truly,

Axis

1554 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo