Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1463 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Free Content Tomorrow
2. Re: New Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Free Content Tomorrow Sep 30, 2014, 08:22 Axis

And the game is great fun. It's a much slower pace FPS which is great for kids, but still very fun for geriatrics!  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
30. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 28, 2014, 09:26 Axis

Oh ya, they have a timer that resets the zone if you don't enter it for 8 minutes.

It does take some familiarity as there's certain zones you'll wanna pop back in asap, others that have portals that it doesn't really matter. But that was something they tweaked much in beta and 8 minutes is more than enough (as long as you know the timer exists).

Yours truly,

Axis

28. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 27, 2014, 12:37 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 11:44:
Put 30 hours into the beta but haven't been back. Was too annoyed by being gone from a level too long to sell my stuff and having that level reset.

Not sure what you mean JD. The vast majority of PoE's population are in the 4 month leagues, the standard and HC leagues tend to be used as experimentation and something to do when the 4 months are in transition.

I have all my wealth and high chars in HC, but only ,load them up on new season tree resets to get a feel for how I'll plan the builds.

Yours truly,

Axis

13. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 15:54 Axis

Aside from the rocky start of the new season with the op beyond mobs and terrible rewards (which made people think "Invasion" all over again), they fixed it well enough that this season is turning out to be one of the best with all the other improvements and additions - strongboxes, map drops, forsaken masters/crafting, build diversity back in style, etc.

As a long term player it does get frustrating getting dozens of characters to high-level endgame and virtually never getting great end-game unis or drops (I get 99% of my stuff self-found or bought with farming for the chaos recipe), but it's immensely more satisfying when one does, and doesn't stop builds from progressing further - just slower.

As for the "get back in after being away awhile", I've built the builds int he offline skill and zip it up in case I ever need to reference it on the old trees.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
33. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 Axis

Verno you read like a liberal blog. /argument over/for the children/not political/ Cut and paste that or something?

My responsibility to my children is to not have political twats tax them to death for some bullshit regulations. Maybe you'll dig deeper when you have to pay taxes, or get your heating bill, or have kids... most do eventually wake up.

Here we go
more?
Over eh?
Those crazies...
Dont like wiki's, but hey why not...
Must I go on?
could do this all day
Better read it before you comment. from the American Meteorological Society
field day here
Im outta here

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 25, 2014, 09:44 Axis

Saw Destiny on my friend's PS4, I think Ben went easy on the game, but it was certainly spot on.

About 20 seconds or so about the paying for the sub, and again I have to agree.

Course I'm not an owner of either console and would never play a FPS with a console controller so I'm not going to go crazy for any game like this to begin with. But based on what I've personally seen, yep about right.

Yours truly,

Axis

31. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 25, 2014, 09:24 Axis

Verno wrote:
Axis wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:08:
Count how many times I used it in the context of calling someone wrong about something, and omit doubles from the same thread -- you'll see a drastically different number. BTW I mentioned to my wife that you'd do exactly what you did, I know you all too well Verno. :)

"I rarely use the word wrong...except when I do all the time" ok well, whatever If you were just sitting around filling your "wife" in on the happenings on an old PC gaming forum then uh wow, you have my pity.

The "Consensus" of a group is generally bullshit and serves themselves 9 of 10 times, and in this case there is no real consensus. Measurable facts are all that matter.

Nope, can't agree with that. There are many cases where consensus serves us all well and many areas of science where "fact" is derived from consensus opinion and peer review. Scientific community says climate change is real but more importantly that man is accelerating the curve unnaturally. Scientific community also says that earth has natural climate cycles and people latch onto this but somehow think its fine to ignore the former. So do we trust the scientific community or not?

I don't really see what is so threatening to people about that conclusion either.

Verno wrote:
If you were just sitting around filling your "wife" in on the happenings on an old PC gaming forum then uh wow, you have my pity.

No pity needed. Happily married, 2 kids, semi retired and I don't have a "follow axis around" fetish.

Verno wrote:
Scientific community says climate change is real but more importantly that man is accelerating the curve unnaturally.
"Wrong" (felt like adding it again since you love to latch on to stupid shit). The "community" is clearly fractured on this opinion. If anything, more and more agree that man, when compared to nature, has virtually no effect.

Verno wrote:
Scientific community also says that earth has natural climate cycles
You think we need scientists to tell us this? We learn this basic knowledge at about 1st grade.

Yours truly,

Axis

29. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 24, 2014, 15:08 Axis

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 13:20:
Axis wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 20:13:
Just re-read what I posted, pretty clear you are 100% wrong Beamer. And I rarely use the word "Wrong" but you are.

You've used the word wrong 89 times since registering here actually, you can see it by clicking on your username and typing "wrong" into the search box

On topic, I think it is amusing that people will accept the consensus of the scientific community on one hand and refuse to do so in another. There's nothing natural about the WW temperature curves with the rise of industrialization.

Count how many times I used it in the context of calling someone wrong about something, and omit doubles from the same thread -- you'll see a drastically different number. BTW I mentioned to my wife that you'd do exactly what you did, I know you all too well Verno.

The "Consensus" of a group is generally bullshit and serves themselves 9 of 10 times, and in this case there is no real consensus. Measurable facts are all that matter.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week Sep 24, 2014, 10:54 Axis

I bashed the shit out of the game, and still stand by most of my comments when comparing to the original.

However my son plays it non stop and I'm glad as hell I bought it for him -- very kid friendly in many ways, takes them slowly through progression, then eventually dungeons then pvp/wvw and nothing is over the top or too complicated for younger audiences.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:42 Axis

Having played the original countless times in my youth, I'm still on the fence on this one.

I know I'll eventually pick it up, but haven't been motivated to do so yet based on what I've seen.

Yours truly,

Axis

24. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 21:22 Axis

You didn't also read I stated NATURE affects the changes? Isn't that the other obvious answer to your question?

The climate changes. Sometimes it gets warm, sometimes it gets cold. Some creatures go extinct, some adapt, some are born anew. History exists. Long term trends matter, short term trends don't mean shit.

That's so fucking ridiculous to ask someone if they believe earth warming/cooling is real or not. If you can type, I'm sure you've witnessed the gamut of weather and recognized sometimes its hot and sometimes its not. So you'd know these basic caveman things even if you weren't the leading scientist on the subject. you might even google some shit. Or in the case of most of you alarmists, replayed Gore's movie ever year at Christmas.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 20:40 Axis

See folks, Beamer is denial in action. An outsider with common sense would read this thread and laugh at you.

I stated quite clearly that the man made global warming alarmist farce is a bunch of bullshit, and that nature itself is the changer. But you just keep on making a fool of yourself trying to get me to "answer" a question you keep asking that has been answered already if you bothered to read.

And since you still haven't read the articles, here:

According to NASA satellites and all ground-based temperature measurements, global warming ceased in the late 1990s. This when CO2 levels have risen almost 10 percent since 1997. The post-1997 CO2 emissions represent an astonishing 30 percent of all human-related emissions since the Industrial Revolution began. That we’ve seen no warming contradicts all CO2-based climate models upon which global-warming concerns are founded.
-------------
Satellites also show that a greater area of Antarctic sea ice exists now than any time since space-based measurements began in 1979. In other words, the ice caps aren’t melting.
-------------

Now, if you bothered to read the other article you'd see there's both sides of the story while pointing out the idiocy of the alarmist assholes like Gore, but I'm sure you barely read anything posted and will come back with the same absurd shit.

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 20:13 Axis

Just re-read what I posted, pretty clear you are 100% wrong Beamer. And I rarely use the word "Wrong" but you are.  

Yours truly,

Axis

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 19:42 Axis

Beamer wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 15:32:
Axis wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 14:45:
Beamer I'll respond to you when you actually read and comprehend what is being stated.

Seriously, take a break occasionally from your mouth deafening your own ears.

What you did:
1) Link to a tabloid article refuting the climate is changing
2) Claim that humans have less of an impact than nature

Which is it? Is there nothing changing, or is there a change but it isn't humans? You've basically implied two very different things.
'

Beamer you had a chance to redeem yourself but no, still in denial on a forum even...

I posted 2 articles that cite factual NASA and IPCC that disprove the alarmist "man caused" climate change. But you'd have to READ them to know whats in them.

But I then assumed correctly that people wouldn't read them (but didn't expect some moronic "YOU THINK THE CLIMATE DOESN'T CHANGE" crap. Seriously, what kind of ridiculous stretch are you trying to pull here beamer?)so stated "But hey, if you are really so far down the tardtrain and believe all the man made bullshit".

Pretty clear there, all it takes is some reading and comprehension.

As for the messenger, it don't matter and you know it. It could have been from scientists, mainstream media, blogs, a piece of shit paper on the bottom of your shoe -- makes no difference you'd focus on the messenger and not the messages. The messages that has undeniable factual data. Take it and hate it, most of us aren't fools that think people cause warming and everyone should open their wallets for ice.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 14:45 Axis

Beamer I'll respond to you when you actually read and comprehend what is being stated.

Seriously, take a break occasionally from your mouth deafening your own ears.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 14:32 Axis

When "people" get even remotely close to how nature itself (sun, ocean, land, gravity, space, dung, clowns, whatever) affect our earth, let me know.

And should that impossibility come to pass, I still won't be concerned.

All you cavemen wanna roar your fires to offset an ice age, go right ahead pretend you matter. But you try to make me pay for your firewood you can fuck right the hell off.

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 13:27 Axis

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 12:42:
Friendly neighborhood environmentalists calling for burning houses down and taking a sledgehammer to everything in NYC this week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3gRNVLfg8

I can't help but watch these morons and laugh.

Sad really, bunch of dummies that have nothing better to do... all with the interpersonal skills of a gnat. Funny how they almost always look and sound exactly like that video.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
4. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 10:19 Axis

When the first few seconds shows someone playing their game with a controller, we know they know little about their "PC" audience they're trying to woo...  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 07:56 Axis

No evidence
Evidence

Eat the brown hole google -- there's plenty more hard cold facts out there that shut down the fuzzy science clowns perpetrating the real lies so they can receive government funding producing their bullshit 'studies' so the government can justify assfucking the citizens with bullshit taxes on energy use.

But hey, if you are really so far down the tardtrain and believe all the man made bullshit -- by all means go effect change india or china or wherever the major populations of the world have no regulations, they're hundreds of years behind -- and we're just fine... F u very much.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2014, 08:03.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 09:36 Axis

I wish I could get into ARPG's that don't have a persistent economy element... but I can't.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1463 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo