Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 1515 (Pro)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 22, 2014, 17:10 Axis

Most people don't cut cords because they can't figure out or don't want to set up an HD antennae and get fully wired/wireless, or just don't care enough to.

After I was fed up -- I had only netflix for quite sometime before I setup an HD antennae, something my wife was overjoyed with since she wanted badly to keep the Olympics on in the background during the day. I only dug deep enough to figure out how to do it right for that, and now we have 20 channels, many HD that blows the cable quality out of the water.

Anyway, with so many audio and streaming services and an HD antannea, I'd never go back to cable as possibilities are endless.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
7. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 17:01 Axis

Great news. Fortunately the large majority don't. I thought most 'serious' tournaments still have computers setup - no byob.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 09:56 Axis

This was a kickstarter - hopes and dreams don't always come true, as we all know, when you gamble with kickstarters-- if you have any concerns keep your money in your pocket no matter how much you have to waste.

This isn't some random loser dev who just decided to take the money and run. You gamble for certain aspects you expect, and if the product is close you got your money's worth.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch
13. Re: No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch Nov 19, 2014, 15:36 Axis

I'm fine with no MP, it's one of the few single player sandbox games I played a ton of. If the destructible environment pans out to be kick ass, bonus.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2014, 10:14 Axis

Had Super Smash bros for the Wii U on preorder for awhile now, likely will be my son's favorite gift.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rollers of the Realm
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rollers of the Realm Nov 18, 2014, 23:38 Axis

I like this game, finding it very fun.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 18, 2014, 18:22 Axis

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:43:
Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 10:29:
And why does there "need" to be internet/wifi in school to begin with? So kids can text and game all day? Show me some comprehensive studies on what percentage of the internet is used for actual study and actual learning. If anything I warrant it's the opposite as they're just finding it easier to plagiarize work. And lastly, why don't the fucking parents pay for their brats? People without kids are so sick of getting screwed by the breeders all the time. Take some fucking responsibility for your progeny. You wanna' dip the stick? You pay for the oil!
You are so clueless, it boggles the mind. Broadband connectivity (wired or wireless) is essential for modern learning: for research, for educational applications perfectly customized to each student's level, for on-demand educational presentations and videos, for document creation, etc. etc. It's pretty easy to lock computers down to prevent kids from getting off task, and all schools do. It's pretty easy to lock down wi-fi so personal devices can't be used (our elementary provides the laptops the kids use). Kids study language arts at 1 grade level higher than they did in the 70s. Math is 2 grade levels higher. Computers in school are a huge part of this, and modern computers all rely on the internet for educational software. Computer labs are all monitored by teachers. Kids aren't hanging around playing CoD all day.

As for not wanting to pay for my kids, fuck you, you leech. The reason there is a modern society at all is due to public education. Put your money where your piehole is: move to a farm without electricity and plumbing and live off the land. Never use the services of a doctor, lawyer, accountant, pharmacist, dentist, vet, or any other professional. Never buy food from a store again. Never drive a car again. Never buy a computer or software again. Public education is why we have all the nice things that we do. Someone's kids provided all that, and my kids will be providing and building all of that in the future. If anything, we tax SINKs and DINKs too low since the only thing they contribute back to society is taxes. When you buy the services of any professional, you're paying for the price it costs to keep them there, not the much higher price it took to get them there. I paid for that, thank you very much. And you want to throw $10,000s more on top of it.

Further proving my argument that Cutter lacks any form of empathy and only cares about things that impact him directly.

Cutter political view flowchart:
Does it Impact Cutter - Yes: It is the single most important thing in the world
Does it Impact Cutter - No: Then it's utterly pointless and only morons care and everyone should shut up

No lie. Just look at his posts. He absolutely doesn't conform even remotely close to traditional political left/right/center. Which isn't a bad thing, but usually people tend to have their views cluster in areas, e.g., social. People that support gay marriage tend to also support abortion tend to also support feminism, etc.

Cutter? Cutter really only supports Cutter. Exclusively Cutter. The single most selfish viewpoints possible. It isn't like he doesn't care about things that don't impact him directly, he actively mocks them and anyone that supports them.

Gracious Beam, we agree for once! Twice in one thread - what the hell is going on here!?

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2014, 18:21 Axis

Ya I agree amazon's "sales" tend to be nothing spectacular, they go with the model of:

Low prices all the time.
Black friday/misc sales 5-10% more sale at best.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 18, 2014, 16:18 Axis

double post dare won... 8(

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 18, 2014, 16:17 Axis

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:43:
Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 10:29:
And why does there "need" to be internet/wifi in school to begin with? So kids can text and game all day? Show me some comprehensive studies on what percentage of the internet is used for actual study and actual learning. If anything I warrant it's the opposite as they're just finding it easier to plagiarize work. And lastly, why don't the fucking parents pay for their brats? People without kids are so sick of getting screwed by the breeders all the time. Take some fucking responsibility for your progeny. You wanna' dip the stick? You pay for the oil!
You are so clueless, it boggles the mind. Broadband connectivity (wired or wireless) is essential for modern learning: for research, for educational applications perfectly customized to each student's level, for on-demand educational presentations and videos, for document creation, etc. etc. It's pretty easy to lock computers down to prevent kids from getting off task, and all schools do. It's pretty easy to lock down wi-fi so personal devices can't be used (our elementary provides the laptops the kids use). Kids study language arts at 1 grade level higher than they did in the 70s. Math is 2 grade levels higher. Computers in school are a huge part of this, and modern computers all rely on the internet for educational software. Computer labs are all monitored by teachers. Kids aren't hanging around playing CoD all day.

As for not wanting to pay for my kids, fuck you, you leech. The reason there is a modern society at all is due to public education. Put your money where your piehole is: move to a farm without electricity and plumbing and live off the land. Never use the services of a doctor, lawyer, accountant, pharmacist, dentist, vet, or any other professional. Never buy food from a store again. Never drive a car again. Never buy a computer or software again. Public education is why we have all the nice things that we do. Someone's kids provided all that, and my kids will be providing and building all of that in the future. If anything, we tax SINKs and DINKs too low since the only thing they contribute back to society is taxes. When you buy the services of any professional, you're paying for the price it costs to keep them there, not the much higher price it took to get them there. I paid for that, thank you very much. And you want to throw $10,000s more on top of it.

See JD, you and I are more alike than we'd both care to admit I'd reckon...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2014, 09:52 Axis

I'm not seeing anything after a quick browse on that amazon link that looks like a great deal at all...  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sunday Patches
3. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 16, 2014, 16:04 Axis

For a non persistent rpg, I've been enjoying Grim Dawn on and off quite a bit, especially since I tend to shy away from the single-player (including lan/wan) focused loot balloon games where there is no economy/value.

They actually have made several significant and connsistent updates since the early release, but I personally am in no hurry on this sorta stuff unless it's looking to be a lip-service screw job like cubeworld/castle story/starforge kinda thing...

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima Nov 16, 2014, 15:58 Axis

Solid, challenging, buy it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Android PC RPG Emulator
3. Re: Android PC RPG Emulator Nov 11, 2014, 11:37 Axis

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:48:
Doubt any but the newest tablets can run this. I really don't like how they are monetizing this, much rather just buy the emulator.

Most new tablets aren't powerful or optimized well at all, mostly junk truth be told - it's the older great hardware ones like Nexus 10's that will likely run it best.

I'd use it for TOME (Tales of Maj'Eyal), which is one of my favorite *chill* games I come back to quite often.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 22:01 Axis

Yep enjoyed the first a ton till it got DLCd to death, hell I even missed all the whining of the re-launch a few months ago.

Will prolly pick this up anyway, real fun game.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
17. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 7, 2014, 12:31 Axis

Of course my point that there's very valid reasons people in quarantine should be there gets overshadowed with unrelated political spin, false assumptions and sensationalism by the same few goofs everytime.

I stated reasons it makes sense to quarantine, from facts about the known cases here to facts about the virus and the potus incompetence, nothing more.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2014, 20:17 Axis

NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 19:40:
Ebola panickers are fucking ignorant putzes on par with climate deniers and anti-vaxxers, but there's nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution a bit. It's not like thousands of Americans are being indefinitely detained.

Says the climate panickers...

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2014, 18:59 Axis

Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:56:
We've had more than one case here. No problems. Not a single person that's contracted it in the states has died.

You know, because our medical system isn't huts in swamps like it is in much of Western Africa.

Lets keep it that way.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2014, 18:51 Axis

It's not about money spent in adverts for said puppet - never is never was - tallies are always about the same per person on either side - when there's more dems up for grabs, they have more money. More pubs up, they have more. Always the same, dems just love to keep that lie afloat..

It's anywhere you wish to find it:

Totals

More importantly...

If you are smart, you don't even watch ads as you don't sit for 20 extra minutes per hour on the couch watching cable TV ads during useless shows.

If you're smart, you vote - you don't just talk about what some daytime host said sometime between the "I'm pregnant with baby daddy misc talk show daytime dribble" and your evening news with Chris Matthews frothing.

Most everyone wants what they feel is best for themselves. How they go about that is up to each individual, there's no magic pills anywhere to be found...

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2014, 18:57.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2014, 18:20 Axis

People have NO CLUE how utterly dangerous Ebola is, you go to heavily infected countries (for any reason) and come back, you BET you better be quarantined.

We get ONE case here and it shuts down the entire hospital damn near, flights, busses, places visited. Nurses, doctors, workers you think they're gonna stick around for long? Would you?

It's something you don't mess with, and these selfish ass whiners can go fuck themselves (science based my ass, almost nothing is scientifically proven about ebola, however we DO factually know transmission in up to 12% of cases can no show no symptoms for much longer than 21 days, can live on dry surfaces for several days and has a 75% kill rate. ONE slipped case has the potential to kill many innocent people.

And now we have Obama stopping the media from reporting almost everything about ebola, which is why it seems to have "gone away". Inept, incompetent president on every level -- You all better pray it doesn't spread, forget panic - just be smart and use your head. Now is NOT the time for bullshit political correctness.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2014, 18:30.

Yours truly,

Axis

1515 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo