Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Axis

Real Name Axis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Axis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Older, smarter, better.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2012, 20:08
Total Comments 2037 (Senior)
User ID 57462

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
9. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 29, 2015, 09:52 Axis

Calling it now, this game is going to be a DLConsilitis nickle and dime halfass game. It has "DnD" tacked on to pull in interest, and will happily drain the pockets of the average couch gamer because it's what they expect.

Already their "Deluxe" version for a whoppin $25 more includes core things the game should include like tiles, monsters, significant stat items, etc. They've not show character creation, omitted classes/races.

The writing is on the walls, and it's clear to me where this is going.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
28. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 28, 2015, 18:32 Axis

Everyone has opinions, few have the needed experience to qualify their opinions, and fewer have solutions.

Linux and a hacked Win 7. I've said it time and time again -- if you aren't doing it, you're doing it wrong. And if you are an early adopter of Win 10, you are doing it very very wrong.

If you don't give a shit how things play out, then it don't matter - but don't pretend to give a shit and don't try to lecture those who truly do.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gigantic Beta Signups
5. Re: Gigantic Beta Signups Aug 28, 2015, 18:25 Axis

Kxmode wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 15:51:
Windows 10 exclusive?

Check out the OS stats on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

95.92% Windows. Of that amount, Windows 7 x64 (44.97%) and Windows 8.1 x64 (30.96%) dominate. Windows 10? 0.12% That's only 0.12% who'll be able to play it on PC. A boneheaded move unless Microsoft gave them sacks of cash to make it an 10 exclusive in exchange for lost sales on the other versions.

For goodness sake, Windows Vista x64 has 0.20%. They're be better making it a 64 bit Vista exclusive. More people.

Oh just wait till retailers are pretty much forced to offer only Win10 on desktops, hell that's the only reason we see many of those Win 8 desktops to begin with.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
23. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 18:14 Axis

Yep, a bland stealth and cover version of commandos is what came to mind when I saw the gameplay videos, not Syndicate.

Still, atmosphere looks nice and maybe a few patches or creative modders might be able to make something more the way I expected, more syndicate and less generic 4 man rts.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Aug 28, 2015, 18:05 Axis

For a "DnD' game, it's shocking to never see character progression/skills/abilities/loot/customization etc.

I'm a fanboy of DnD, and I sure as hell am still skeptical with this one unfortunately.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gun Mettle Tradeups
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Gun Mettle Tradeups Aug 28, 2015, 11:22 Axis

It's fun "working towards" something other than random drops, but Gun Mettle is crap. 90% of your rewards are chests as usual, and the contracts aren't very often.

I love to support Valve and TF2, however I would never support another one of these in the future, purely because it's garbage I don't want to encourage.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Gigantic Beta Signups
3. Re: Gigantic Beta Signups Aug 28, 2015, 11:18 Axis

Darks wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 09:36:
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 10 not matter what games you exclusive to it.

We agree for once!

I absolutely cannot stand this kinda shit MS likes to pull.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
9. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:13 Axis

Syndicate being one of my favorite games of all time, I'm going to have to hold out till the honeymoon praise is gone - there's a lot of stuff I'm seeing that doesn't look appealing in general or "spiritual successor" about it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 27, 2015, 20:53 Axis

Windows 10 is a bandaid to the "lets do mobile" shitty Windows 8, but with all the eavesdropping on for the average joe, and likely on for many of those who believe they've shut it off. All the hidden calling home "features" offer absolutely no benefit.

I despise everything about windows 8-10, from sneaky development to hype machine PR. And I cannot stand the the mobiley look to try to please the fad boys. No thanks on hacking the look, MS wanted it to look that way. I got linux for that stuff.

Only one thing will get me to ever put that garbage on one of my desktops - that's right, GAMES. And only those that perform far greater on DX12, and it will be purely for games, completely hacked, and never for work/pleasure/etc. Please let me know when that happens, with all the DX12 hype, we've seen absolutely nothing worth mentioning.

Then again, it only takes a marginal amount of time and skill to create your own linux desktop to look how you like, streamline what you want, and do what you need efficiently and effectively, and I'm betting those who run Windows 10 don't have a lick of it.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2015, 20:59.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 27, 2015, 18:32 Axis

An Easy Fix For Windows 10 Privacymageddon.

Windows 7.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
41. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 09:15 Axis

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 08:34:
Agreed. I don't know why it would ever be in question, we already did this a month ago, you pretty conclusively won that debate.

Of course you'd say that, Verno, you and he were tagteaming when I handily threw you both out of the ring.

I could easily "prove it" by linking your responses, pulling recent 'steam sale' spy charts facts that you and Jerykk felt were absolute proof, explain how kickstarters work comparing Larians 80% self funding and needing stretch money to Obsidians 0% "fund it or we don't risk it", and throw in common sense on top. But I'm in no mood, better to let you both hold hands in denial, I'd only get insults back as usual.

Yours truly,

Axis

39. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 08:18 Axis

Redmask you should realize that someone reading the thread will see reasonable spot-on comments by me and childish offbase ones by you. You are the topic turding that browns these threads with nonsense.

All we ever get from you are thin skin insecure name calling by peppering your insults masqueraded as a response with neophile quarreling like 'immature', 'humiliated', 'dishonest', 'lying', 'idiotic', 'mad', 'whining', 'hypocrisiy', 'sychophantic'. In this, you are consistent in almost every topic.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 27, 2015, 07:25 Axis

Always liked Soldak's games. Not much for more zombie games, but I'll end up picking this up just to support em and likely end up enjoying it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

37. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 07:04 Axis

Jerykk get some common sense. We did this dance before with you falling to the floor.

Obsidian sequeled the Fallout series, SWTOR series, NWN, made SPSOT, Wasteland 2, marketed with constant dips in the Baldurs Gate pool, etc. AND, are going to be making the Pathfinder series. They have some of the heftiest RPG nostalgia factor in the business with plenty of modern mega hits, all before the Pillars hype.

No, Obsidian took virtually no risk with their kickstart funded game.

Yours truly,

Axis

33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 23:50 Axis

Redmask, more posts like your last and you're sure to convince others of your maturity. Nice thin gaming skin son!

Obsidian risked nothing, big AAA company, no kickstarter funding, no game. Larian used their own funds as a last ditch effort to form a new IP, and needed some more kickstarted. The gameplay was quite innovative, unlike anything we've seen in the RPG arena, with plenty of physics based combat to boot. It also included a single player global which I *really* enjoyed till the redmasks of the world ruined it.

My points stand, the comparison was made as an good example. I enjoyed both as I've mentioned before, but D:OS was far better. Larian also did not ride the DLC train, Obsidian is already on to the milking the cows part. Moo.

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 17:35 Axis

Few companies will step out and take risks innovating as opposed to flavor of the year mechanics, and no set $$$ amount determines the quality of a game.

D:OS was a innovative risk on a shoestring budget compared to Pillars which was tried and true with millions thrown at it, and D:OS came out on top just as one example.

The greatest writing and dialog is wasted if the gameplay is shit, while average writing and dialog acceptable if the gameplay is solid.

Then there's people who just don't like certain styles (turn based, isometric, etc) that you'll never please no matter what. As an example, I can't stand most RTS's, so I never comment disliking one or another because I wouldn't base my opinion on their gameplay merits. Some people here post their opinions about everything including things they'd never like anyway, and their opinions are moot.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 14:12 Axis

100% backed. D:OS one of the most enjoyable RPG's I've played.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 25, 2015, 12:45 Axis

MTG Puzzle quest. Sounds fun, always loved the Puzzle quest ip (except MHPQ). If it does appear like the Marvel Heroes Puzzle quest p2w crap, you can forget it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 12:27 Axis

Meh, when I see a $15 "expansion" called part 1 on a mediocre RPG at best, I'll be waiting for the bundles. That's if I decide to buy them at all.

Yours truly,

Axis

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2015, 16:04 Axis

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 12:06:
Arghh, a slide show.

Hidden Feature #1.
1. Sends the most data to Microsoft, continues sending data even after you turn off all spying features.

Hidden Feature #2
2. When all personal data mining features are turned off, they really aren't.

Hidden Feature #3
3. We said it's Free, but it's not.

Hidden Feature #4
4. It's a Service.

Hidden Feature #5
5. Ugliest Windows Ever.

Hidden Feature #6
6. All your torrents are belong to us.

Hidden Feature #7
7. Start menu is a Joke.

Hidden Feature #8
8. Charge for ad-free solitaire.

Hidden Feature #9
9. No DVD player and you can't turn off Windows Updates.

and Hidden Feature #10
10. No floppy disc drivers.

I like your list, I came in to post my #1 hidden feature:

#1. Windows 10 hidden, defaults to Win7.

Yours truly,

Axis

2037 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo