Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MrMcNasty

Real Name MrMcNasty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description rMcNasty
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2012, 18:52
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 57423

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters
10. Re: Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters Jun 13, 2012, 16:52 MrMcNasty

Great idea... On the other hand is this really "shame". Isn't this putting all criminals onto one unsupervised Island to fend for themselves. That never has unforeseen consequences.

To be the best of the "cheaters circle" might be a new elite challenge rather than a deterrent?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
52. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 16:17 MrMcNasty

Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 15:02 Wildone

No. It felt like a game from 2001, ugly, weird weapons that fire too slow or ineffective. I guess you can 'get used to it' but theres no point.

Yea you're right. If you can't be the best right from the start i guess there is no point in doing anything.

Gameplay and challenge mean nothing anymore. Just graphics and sniper rifles.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
41. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 15:30 MrMcNasty

I've been playing for a while now and I was a big fan of T1 and T2. I feel Tribes Ascend has done a good job with the weapons considering the game revolves around 3 dimensions of movement. You don't want the weapons to be near instantaneous because that would totally negate the jetpack and skiing aspect of the game (which makes it so unique). Skill (aka learning curve) comes into play as you learn to lead your targets with the slower projectile weapons while skiing, jet packing, ducking, dodging and throwing grenades all at the same time.(remember your opponent is doing the same as well). It takes time to learn these maneuvers as most FPS games go for a more realistic style of combat.

IMO, there are a few "roles" that successful team members naturally fall into:

-Offense

-Cappers (People who excel at skiing and know how to maneuver the terrain to get the best speed possible. They grab the flag and get back to base as quickly as possible)
-Harassers (People who like to take out generators/turrets/radar and generally make sure the defense is running around like mad men.)
-Support (This role defends the flag carrier on his way back to base)

Defense

-Chasers (Players who chase after an opponent who has the flag, keeping the pressure on him and whittling his health down during the long chase since he cannot regen health.)
-Defenders (Players who guard assets such as the generator room or the flag, usually in charge of repairing as well)
-Roaming Defense (Players who counter the harasser role by making sure the defense isn't getting pummeled via long range weapons)

Just my 2 cents on Tribes Ascend strategy.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo