Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ceribaen

Real Name Ceribaen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ceribaen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 15, 2012, 15:34
Total Comments 177 (Novice)
User ID 57420

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 11:05 Ceribaen

nofb wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:57:
Considering the failure Dark Souls 2 proved to be on PC, that 1st position is a real wonder. Apparently this "game" had such a good publicity that it passed no matter how crippled - and this isn't the first time!

Not to mention the total lack of support, I wish I could just get a refund and forget about this mistake.

Had they released that for PC first, they would never have sold so many licences.

I've been hearing plenty of good word of mouth about Dark Souls 2... what's the failure for it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Defiance Going F2P
11. Re: Defiance Going F2P May 2, 2014, 11:31 Ceribaen

NewMaxx wrote on May 2, 2014, 02:57:
I've played this a bit, reminds me of Borderlands if it were a MMO. If that's your sort of thing...you might like it. Now, I know some people like to do BL solo, and that's fine, but I'm a co-op kind of guy and I just couldn't find any friends willing to try this game. It's a time-waster but will never be your keystone.

I actually preferred this to BL, mostly because I got stuck trying to solo BL2 fairly early on.
My issue was when I did randomly find someone to partner up with, all the instanced story quest missions were solos... which depending on your weapon specialties could be an exercise in frustration... and one of you would finish way before the other.

I thought it complemented the TV show nicely though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 17:54 Ceribaen

Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 13:42:
Verno wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 10:50:
Still no Tab Mix Plus for Chrome so Firefox for life.

What does TMP do that isn't built into Chrome?

I run Chrome with only the LastPass and Adblock extensions and it's perfect for me. FF has always felt too heavy.

Doesn't Chrome Adblock still load the ads, but then just hide them - so exploitable code can still run on your machine?
While FF Adblock actually blocks the ad from loading?

That was the case at one point - and I've always felt comfortable using FF so never really switched to Chrome (outside of on my phone since FF on mobile last I tried it was a bit kludgy).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Last Federation
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Last Federation Apr 20, 2014, 02:29 Ceribaen

Flo wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 01:37:
I never could get into AI War myself but I'm loving this.
Thinking that controller support would be awesome in this game. I've got my haswell ultrabook hooked up to the TV which makes it some sort of steam-indie-console

Um... yeah wow... I decided to impulse buy it after all - and this is not a game I can afford to playing until after this week is over... This feels like it has Civ-like potential of starting a game at 9pm and sucking me in until 6am....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Last Federation
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Last Federation Apr 20, 2014, 01:35 Ceribaen

Watching the trailers and reading the steam forums... really thinking I want this.
But then I look and see for some reason I only ever put 10 minutes into AI War...

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 19, 2014, 23:53 Ceribaen

Axis wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 12:19:
Color me pumped, buying BG for android immediately!

In App Purchases :/
I'm hoping it eventually shows up in a Humble Bundle.

News Comments > Heartbleed Vulnerabilities
6. Re: Heartbleed Vulnerabilities Apr 11, 2014, 16:21 Ceribaen

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 16:06:
Jesus I HATE changing my passwords. Google says I don't have to change my gmail password according to the hit list, but EVERYTHING is tied into my gmail account. Think I should change it anyway?

Basically the vulnerability has existed for over a year (2 years even?). There's evidence that it's been exploited on various sites for at least 6 months or more.

At this point if nothing's happened to you, my view is wait until every impacted site that you visit is patched... set up LastPass or something similar for all the non-essential type sites at the very least (or more depending on your level of paranoia) and then go through all the essential sites with new passwords as well.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
24. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 22:58 Ceribaen

Cpmartins wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 22:13:
I'm a backer and couldn't be happier with the delays. Take your damn time Fargo and Co.

I bought into the 10 dollars beta program and was quite amazed at the quality of the writing. I didn't expect it to be this good, considering the first one "wacky sci-fi" setting. It is the successor of Fallout 2, no doubt about it.

I'm just waiting on my copy whenever its ready too... I'm hoping that I'll have time to enjoy Divinity:OS, then have a smooth transition to Wasteland 2, then when done with that Pillars of Eternity... Had seriously considered backing Numenera but just couldn't find the right level to back at as far as value:money went compared to just getting it post release.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
6. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 9, 2014, 22:14 Ceribaen

MajorD wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 20:52:
Ceribaen wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 20:42:
I am pretty sure I'm in the minority here (and admittedly it's never really been my cup of tea), but this whole survival/horror genre I think is getting over saturated just as we've seen with the moba genre.

You mean weaponless survival/horror, or survival/horror in general?

I wish we had more games like the Penumbra series. Amnesia: The Dark Descent was awesome all by itself, but there wasn't enough puzzles in comparison. I'm curious how much of that element SOMA will bring to the table......

I think survival/horror in general.

Probably just I'm overexpanding my opinion of the genre based on setting (you vs an aggressive desolate environment a la Don't Starve, ZOMBIES!!!! a la DayZ, spooky setting a la Silent Hill, Amnesia:Dark Descent all getting lumped in together under the same umbrella). Which I'll admit is a bit unfair.

But just seems like every other game that is being announced is either a moba or a 'survival/horror'.

Where's my X-Wing vs TIE Fighter spiritual successor!!!!

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
4. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 9, 2014, 20:42 Ceribaen

I am pretty sure I'm in the minority here (and admittedly it's never really been my cup of tea), but this whole survival/horror genre I think is getting over saturated just as we've seen with the moba genre.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 22:25 Ceribaen

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 17:52:
Ceribaen wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 17:28:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:47:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:36:
I hope what he means is that i could put any PS2 disc in and play it on the PS4 with a software emulator... hopefully that's the case.
I don't see why they couldn't do this, the machine should be powerful enough for it. Even still, if I had to purchase the PS2 classics, I would as long as they support Remote Play. I really just want GTA:San Andreas on my Vita - is that too much to ask?

Doesn't the PS4 only have a Bluray disc reader though? I thought that was one of the weird changes, they dropped CD/DVD support? (or am I mixing up reports)

If the drive reads blu, it should be able to read previous formats. I've never heard of a drive that didn't.

So apparently it was CDs/MP3s...
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/31/playstation-4-audio-game-install-details/

But that's been addressed since I guess?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 17:28 Ceribaen

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:47:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:36:
I hope what he means is that i could put any PS2 disc in and play it on the PS4 with a software emulator... hopefully that's the case.
I don't see why they couldn't do this, the machine should be powerful enough for it. Even still, if I had to purchase the PS2 classics, I would as long as they support Remote Play. I really just want GTA:San Andreas on my Vita - is that too much to ask?

Doesn't the PS4 only have a Bluray disc reader though? I thought that was one of the weird changes, they dropped CD/DVD support? (or am I mixing up reports)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 23, 2014, 20:49 Ceribaen

Nighthawk wrote on Mar 23, 2014, 20:25:
I picked it up a few months ago and don't regret it at all.
I can't speak for how popular, but I haven't had problems finding a group.
Definitely a worthy purchase.

I grabbed it on PS3 since it was on the free list for PS+, but tried a mission by myself and basically couldn't do it cause the AI was too dumb to help me out. (Was a jewelry heist - they weren't picking anything up... so I had to run back and forth through the cops three times to try to move the bags)

Do you have to play it multiplayer? I get the impression its like a heist version of L4D2 - but I wanted to do some solo play to figure out how to actually play.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
11. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 17:41 Ceribaen

Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:27:
I like Paradox too, but I'm opposed to this in principle because part of their whole rant about crowdsourcing to begin with was to avoid publishers. So we take the risk and Paradox gets to profit without taking any? Well in that case I'm changing my perspective from pre-purchasing an item to an investment in Obsidian in which I demand an ROI on said investment.

I believe that the deal is effectively that they are outsourcing delivery of physical goods to Paradox. Obsidian in and of itself is not a publisher, and so at some point someone who knows how these things work is going to get involved.

Similarly, do you have an issue with them distributing through GoG, Steam or any other digital store? Or should they only sell directly off their website and provide the executables that way? Because in this relationship, Paradox is a physical equivalent to GoG, Steam et al.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LUFTRAUSERS
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - LUFTRAUSERS Mar 19, 2014, 01:39 Ceribaen

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 20:17:
Reminds me of that arcade game...what was it - Flying Tigers? Twin Tigers?

Here we go...

Actually looks to me a lot like Altitude

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
45. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 23:28 Ceribaen

Sc4r wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 18:56:
One of my fav arcade games when i was kid, have it on my arcade machine i have here with a bunch more, used to build my health up and sell the game off for a few dollars lol.

I think my favourite ones were...
X-Men (the 6 player/2 screen one)
Area 51
Golden Axe (2 I think...)
Simpsons
oh, and Virtua On

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
18. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 22:43 Ceribaen

descender wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 12:31:
12 hours? Good lord... there were far more difficult camps than that :p Journeyman boots camp in OOT was one of my worst experiences... and the fabled Pyzjyn/Glowing Black stone drop cost me 3 or 4 days of my life.

So many friends made and memories shared... The time period between Ruins of Kanark and Planes of Power was the peak of social gaming for me. Exploring the new expansions on their launch days was some of the most fun I've ever had in video games.

Every MMO/RPG I've tried since is just too damn easy. Somehow, the fear of corpse/item loss, the ridigness and slight unpredictability in an imperfect game world... and an actual death penalty increased my enjoyment in EQ tremendously.

Jboots I actually completely lucked into... was just randomly checking the zone (I never actually camped it) -- Ran into the AC completely by luck and got the kill without competition.

The longest spawn I got stuck waiting on, was one of the monk quest wraps for an alt... (I think it was part of the early monk epic chain)... camping a stupid orc outside of the hobbit town whatever it was called. I don't remember how long I spent there.

My best memories was getting doing some major trading in EC and getting myself and a friend relatively tricked out for our levels... I think we were mid-teens and I had myself a pre-nerf CoS for my SK, along with some two-handed sword that lasted me until I was in my 40s. Also loved being the puller of a camp -- was actually getting pretty damned good at splitting pulls, and in OT with a good enchanter in the group I'd have a non-stop stream of mobs ready to kill.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 15, 2014, 18:11 Ceribaen

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 16:22:
Why Veronica Mars embraced UltraViolet and angered fans.

I loved the VM TV show. There are few shows I watch to completion (BSG, Firefly, The Wire, Arrested Development twice) and VM was one of them. With a clever premise, sharp writing, and interesting characters I wasn't even annoyed by the missing swearing or nudity that a good detective dramas should contain to be realistic. I totally get why it could inspire the kind of devotion to be one of the first big KS'd movies.

So why use Ultraviolet, one of the worst pieces of DRM ever invented? The movie, like ALL movies, is going to end up on teh torrentz anyway. Why piss off the fan base and discourage people from supporting such projects in the future? I just don't get it. It's like making an apple pie, and insisting on substituting castor oil for butter "because it's healthier." Okay, poor analogy, but they're ruining a good thing here and not preventing piracy at all, supposedly the raison d'Ítre of UV.

Actually, UV isn't that bad of a DRM from my brief experiences with it...
Have two movies with UV, and once they're registered with any UV company - I can find them in any movie service that has it. So far the ones I've registered have been on Flixster so it's only one account required (though I bought the one through the Cineplex Store).

The biggest issue is that Flixster won't play if you have your mobile/tablets rooted, so I can't watch that way - only on my PC or Bluray player.

News Comments > Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit
11. Re: Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit Mar 12, 2014, 19:32 Ceribaen

SlimRam wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 18:29:
I actually still play this some but not very often. I knew this game was kinda dead when I went to an arkfall and even after like 10 minutes I was still the only player attacking it...yeeeeeah yeah yep Uhoh

I imagine it'll pick up a little bit again whenever it is season 2 goes to air... I certainly was considering it, and is why I picked it up in the first place (was watching season 1). But whether it'll be enough of a bounce who knows?

News Comments > Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit
9. Re: Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit Mar 12, 2014, 17:53 Ceribaen

I played it for about a month or so... was a nice way to pass the time.

My biggest issue was that the quest instances seemed always to be solo only, despite the difficulty level being such that having a partner seemed reasonable.

One of my favourite days playing - I was running around doing quests with some other random person together, but we kept having to split up to do the instances which made it difficult to continue a quest line if one person had problems.

177 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo