Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ceribaen

Real Name Ceribaen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ceribaen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 15, 2012, 15:34
Total Comments 131 (Novice)
User ID 57420

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2014, 23:15 Ceribaen

Cutter wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 23:06:
All religious types deny science. If it's a "gift" from god it's implied that this beneficence only came about because of god's magnanimity. It still implies "intelligent design". That's a denial of science and scientific principle because it's wishful thinking.

Intelligent Design exists to provide an answer for questions that science can't/hasn't answered yet. They can coexist in that fashion for any reasonably sane Christian. Sure it's a Deus Ex Machina answer... but well... yeah...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 16:23 Ceribaen

I've played in the past, thinking about reinstalling again for when I have a few hours here and there...

Mesmer was one that I've kinda enjoyed fiddling with - but seems like most don't like it?

Engineer I've played way way back when it was in beta.

Is there anyone here that has a guild/clan/whatever that has people on late at night for random chatter, occasionally grouping?

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
20. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 14:27 Ceribaen

Silly question on free weekends for games like this?
Is it just the 'download demo' that you grab?

I tried following the 'click here to download the game for free' links in the steam client last night and it always went to the store page.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week Jan 15, 2014, 13:28 Ceribaen

BitWraith wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 12:02:
Their content release schedule is pretty revolutionary in the MMO space. It's the main reason I play so often.

You mean like how Asheron's Call used to have a story based update every month on the month way back in the day?

News Comments > Age of Conan Character Transfers
9. Re: Age of Conan Character Transfers Jan 15, 2014, 11:56 Ceribaen

BitWraith wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 08:48:
TSW is a pretty cool game. It has a buy-to-play model as well. You guys should check it out.

I played it for a while around this time last year when it changed models, but my issue was it felt too much like a single player game.

News Comments > Age of Conan Character Transfers
2. Re: Age of Conan Character Transfers Jan 14, 2014, 18:04 Ceribaen

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 17:15:
Cereal? I though this game folded a long while back.

Same here.
Though doesn't Funcom still have Anarchy Online running too?
Plus TSW... They seem to have the market cornered on niche games that keep running

News Comments > LOTRO License Renewed
7. Re: LOTRO License Renewed Jan 14, 2014, 17:04 Ceribaen

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:57:
I've always loved Turbine. Had great times in Asheron's Call 1/2, DDO and LOTRO. Hell, I wish they'd do a new DDO - more PnP focused this time - and a new Asheron's Call.

I think by now the entire AC Turbine team has gone elsewhere though
It was always fun to hang out in crossroads IRC on sorcery.net with them back in the day. Remember a few interesting conversations.

News Comments > LOTRO License Renewed
4. Re: LOTRO License Renewed Jan 14, 2014, 16:47 Ceribaen

BitWraith wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:22:
Wish I had the money I paid for the "Lifetime Subscription" back.

Why? At the time I was playing it, I wished I had put in for a 'lifetime subscription' especially since there was a discount price initially when I tried it.

I stopped around when they nerfed the Captain special move because of the Moria raid - but I think I'd likely have kept playing after it went F2P with a Lifetime sub - just because of the fact I'd still have all my alts to play around with. I think it was my favourite MMO after DAoC.

News Comments > Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Announcement & Kickstarter
8. Re: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Announcement & Kickstarter Jan 13, 2014, 23:01 Ceribaen

Julio wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 20:40:
I don't know why people would Kickstart an MMO. You'll be paying those monthly fees later, so it's not like you get a deal over later purchasers.

Alpha/Beta access actually is useful to MMO min-maxers though, gives them time to learn the systems ahead of the curve. Same with getting early access to any 'raid' style encounters at the end game.

More time = more loot basically, and that's what the early access provides in an MMO.

News Comments > SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions
2. Re: SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 12:26 Ceribaen

Alamar wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:01:
I don't think I've ever subscribed to an SOE game, but didn't they have this a while back, but it was $20, or $30?

I like this current plan though; I'm intending to look at EQN, and I'm hopeful it'll be the first EQ that I put in more than a week on : )

-Alamar

Yeah I don't remember the cost but they did have a membership at one point that'd give you EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG and a few other of their smaller ones all together.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 18:27 Ceribaen

Beamer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:53:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:13:
Also the people who own Windows phones either a) won't know what Final Fantasy is or b) will know $16 is a rip-off.

I appreciate your attempt to generalize calling a group of individuals ignorant.

But, sadly for you, there's price parity - FF3 is $16 on iOS and Android, too. So, either everyone is ignorant, or your comment itself was ignorant of that fact.

It's occasionally on sale on Google Play for <10. My biggest issue with the SE games is that several of them have had an always online requirement to load/play - and it's never clear if they do or not. And in the past they even had a root check (which I think is since removed). So those two things have kept me from buying any SE games no matter how much I wanted them.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Closes Tomorrow; Refund Details
6. Re: Warhammer Online Closes Tomorrow; Refund Details Dec 18, 2013, 14:20 Ceribaen

If only they'd followed Turbine's F2P model rather than the silly 'cap free play at level 10' F2P model.

Any time people checked the game out, they never put money into it because the 'endless trial' was where all the activity was. Pretty much everyone who did pay for the game told all the trials not to bother because of how dead it was after that point.

If they'd allowed purchases to move past that first sticking point (or a rare drop like in DDO), you'd probably have seen more people sticking with playing it... it actually was kinda fun to play especially for the skirmishes.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
31. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 17:56 Ceribaen

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:32:
Ceribaen wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 08:36:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 04:39:
saluk wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 23:57:
Ceribaen wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 22:56:
Not a fan of the fact that they're setting up a poll though to open up more stretch goals.

Getting a Star Citizen feeling out of that... We'll just watch the next 6 months as they keep running a funding drive and adding stretch goals and not ever see a final product pushed out.

Not getting a Star Citizen feeling about it at all, but definitely not a fan of adding any more stuff at this point. It's nice that they opened it up to a poll first, but people are always going to vote yes on those kinds of thing. "Do you want us to make the game better? Yes/No"

So... what exactly is the problem here? If people are willing to give them more money to make the game even better, why is that bad? Sure, it will push the release back but if that results in a better game, is that really an issue?

Honestly, if you expect a Kickstarted game to meet its estimated release date, you haven't Kickstarted many games. Every single game I've Kickstarted has been delayed and in every case, this was to the benefit of the game. People complain about publishers pushing games out before they're ready and now they're complaining about crowd-funded games being delayed. Seems like developers just can't win.

Because I don't want to see feature creep at this point.

April 2014 was the KS date. It's now Winter 2014... and they're pitching for more funding/stretch goals (which implies pushing things out further). Just take what you have. Build it.

Or make it clear that any stretch goals go into an expansion or sequel of some sort so it doesn't impact the quality and delivery of the current game in development.

Most of the stretch goals they are talking about were pretty much asked for by fans. Namely: As many companions as there are classes and more wilderness to explore.... both hardly feature creep ;p And neither would delay any development currently going on. As you can assume the people writing companions and the ones making art assets will not be busy until release day, but they *could be* if they had more money. And that meant more content would be made in that time.

If it stays with these 2 primary stretch goals your worries are unfounded Neither will delay the game.

I just wish they'd be clearer with their poll.
I mean basically it's 'do you want to us to make more stuff if you give us more money? yes/no'.

Which last I looked was a 75/25 tendency towards yes being answered as expected (because really who doesn't want more stuff in the box at the end?).
But really, when reading through the comments of the poll thread it's a lot closer to a 35/40/25 split of 'yes/yes ONLY if no delays/no'

So they should be clarifying that point.

20. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 08:36 Ceribaen

Jerykk wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 04:39:
saluk wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 23:57:
Ceribaen wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 22:56:
Not a fan of the fact that they're setting up a poll though to open up more stretch goals.

Getting a Star Citizen feeling out of that... We'll just watch the next 6 months as they keep running a funding drive and adding stretch goals and not ever see a final product pushed out.

Not getting a Star Citizen feeling about it at all, but definitely not a fan of adding any more stuff at this point. It's nice that they opened it up to a poll first, but people are always going to vote yes on those kinds of thing. "Do you want us to make the game better? Yes/No"

So... what exactly is the problem here? If people are willing to give them more money to make the game even better, why is that bad? Sure, it will push the release back but if that results in a better game, is that really an issue?

Honestly, if you expect a Kickstarted game to meet its estimated release date, you haven't Kickstarted many games. Every single game I've Kickstarted has been delayed and in every case, this was to the benefit of the game. People complain about publishers pushing games out before they're ready and now they're complaining about crowd-funded games being delayed. Seems like developers just can't win.

Because I don't want to see feature creep at this point.

April 2014 was the KS date. It's now Winter 2014... and they're pitching for more funding/stretch goals (which implies pushing things out further). Just take what you have. Build it.

Or make it clear that any stretch goals go into an expansion or sequel of some sort so it doesn't impact the quality and delivery of the current game in development.

3. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 10, 2013, 22:56 Ceribaen

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
39. Re: Star Citizen Hits $34 Million Dec 9, 2013, 12:57 Ceribaen

Has anyone done a graph of their $ milestones over time yet?
Be curious to see how it's ramped up and if it's cooling down yet.

News Comments > 100 More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 100 More Steam Greenlights Dec 4, 2013, 22:06 Ceribaen

I'm really not understanding the point of the greenlight program at this point...
How many of these are actually ready even for an 'early access'?

Also, anyone know what the difference is to get on to Steam under normal circumstances vs getting on via Greenlight? Is there a lower cost of entry or something?

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 16:04 Ceribaen

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:59:
nin wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:44:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:14:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:19:
SKYRIM CANNOT BE STOPPED! Apparently it doesn't matter what the sale price actually is, it'll just be #1.

I finally bought it yesterday and the first thing I proceeded to do was tango with a bear in a cave.

My first two experiences with bears in Skyrim:

1.: A bear? Well fuck you, I'm a wizard! Wait, shit, hold on, fuck! <dies>

2: BEAR!!!! RUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Mine was similar....sword and board in hand....lokoing around in a forest. Hear a huge ROAR - turn around and it is right on top of me. F U BEAR I AM WARRIOR!

Thump.....body drops and slides down a shallow grade..... hahahahahah now I RUN~!

My first experience was running into those friggin wisps and wispmothers... now I hunt them down out of spite.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
56. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 28, 2013, 12:40 Ceribaen

I've always wondered with GW2 - is there any actual value to the items you get in the collectors edition? Sounds like mostly it's stuff that's gone in a week/one time use?  

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
22. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 18:12 Ceribaen

Taskeen wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:41:
1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:13:
so this is just like, single player star citizen right? no real story, just a sandbox starmap to play around in? i tried playing one of the previous games, but then it struck me - there's no satisfaction in dominating the AI. so i just never touched it again. same reason i never play bots in fps games. even beating a dumb human is more satisfying than beating AI because there's that element of unpredictability.

Depends I played X3 with mods that made enemy AI pretty difficult. I was always wary of starting fights I knew I wouldn't win. Aligning yourself with the pirate faction, for example, made for a very difficult gameplay experience if you were really hardcore.

I also just liked exploring in the X3 games, there were over a 100 sectors to explore and see. Some had traps, ambushes, some even had derelict ships you could salvage, others just had beautiful space scenery to look at.

So like, Elder Scrolls in space?

131 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo