Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ceribaen

Real Name Ceribaen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ceribaen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 15, 2012, 15:34
Total Comments 171 (Novice)
User ID 57420

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > SSI-Inspired Seven Dragon Saga Announced
5. Re: SSI-Inspired Seven Dragon Saga Announced Sep 2, 2014, 21:44 Ceribaen

Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 18:08:
Turn based combat (check)
SSI (check)

Ok - I'm in.

Unity engine... cautiously optimistic.
SR:R and WL2 both have some issues in the engine, especially when you compare them against what Larian has managed to pull off with D:OS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 31, 2014, 09:31 Ceribaen

Quinn wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 12:10:
peteham wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 11:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 01:13:
Something with this much hype is making me very skeptical nowadays....
Especially with marketing buzzwords innovations like "Nemesis system" (not that I've really read up on what it entails) being thrown around. Radiant AI, anyone?

What was this thing again that they laid on so thick with every PR piece of Dragon Age 2? The frame narrative, I think it was. If the fact that a game has a "frame narrative" is something they have to use in every single fucking PR piece of an upcoming game as THE unique selling point, we should've known the game was going to be fucking shite. The joke's on us on that one.

Not really feeling it at all with this; gameplay looks a bit naff to me. Being positively surprised is always nice, though, so hoping for that outcome.

Same here. I'm still kinnnda-but-not-really looking forward to the game though. Open-world, Middle Earth, Orcs... maybe an interesting story... it can be alright. Assassins Creed combat, I'm afraid, which is why there's always a bit of vomit in my mouth where this game is concerned, though.

The tone of the trailer just seemed... *off*... to me for a Tolkien/LotR type adventure.
This will probably be a wait for the GOTY edition and grab at 20% off on a Steam sale (since WB doesn't discount much anymore). Too much hype, wrong tone, and that style combat just doesn't appeal to me really.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 21, 2014, 19:18 Ceribaen

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 18:50:
Looking forward to Destiny. I know it is nothing new, WoW and many other MMO's were similar games but this one is really well done and in a Mass Effect like universe.

Playing it on PS3 just really had me thinking there's nothing new or exciting here that Defiance or Planetside hasn't already done? That and it reminded me of why I hate playing shooters on a console.

Is there anything in the PS4 version that isn't included in the PS3 version?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 20:44 Ceribaen

Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:38:
I almost quit this month (still might), due the backstabbing zenimax move to prevent game owners from registering on Steam.

? details/explain?

News Comments > Steam TV and Film Support Hints?
7. Re: Steam TV and Film Support Hints? Aug 12, 2014, 17:00 Ceribaen

Would they be going in as a Netflix competitor (subscription service), a Playstation/Apple/Google/XBox competitor (rentals/sales), or just adding Plex-like support (fancy DLNA client) to the Steam client though?

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
12. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 15:19 Ceribaen

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:34:
I really wouldn't be upset if they disabled flying for the whole duration of the expansion if they would just completely unfuck their flight paths and stop turning them in to mobile vistas. Flying from my Garrison to Bladespire takes you on a journey where you spiral up from the base to the top so you can see, well, how big it is but I don't really care about that stuff after the first flight, I just want to get from Point A to Point B in the quickest, straightest way possible.

I'll run MC probably once and only once since the pet and mount are rewarded for doing so. Tarren Mill will be taking up a lot of my time though, especially since they are bringing back the old PVP rank system just for the occasion.

The old rank system where you can drop two ranks because you took half a week off, and only one Rank 14 allowed at a time? Those were the days...

News Comments > Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series
10. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 23:07 Ceribaen

NKD wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 20:12:
Fion wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 18:04:
FYI Lost Girl & Continuum aren't syfy properties, they are Canadian TV shows that syfy then runs about a week later.

Pretty sure I mentioned "weird Canadian imports."

Bitten falls under that label too. Is fun to watch solely for the fact I live in one of the filming locations... makes for a good drinking game.

News Comments > On the Legality of "Code Stripping"
3. Re: On the Legality of Jul 31, 2014, 15:03 Ceribaen

KS wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 13:50:
This just went to the Supreme Court last year in a case where a guy imported legally-purchased, non-pirate textbooks sold overseas much more cheaply, and resold them here for considerable profit, but still undercutting local prices.

The SC ruled "first sale doctrine" held, and copyright law did not forbid this action. I.e. once you bought a legitimate copy, you could re-sell it like any property.

The decision was 6-3, with mixed judges on both sides of it.

But you forget... 'but now do it on a computer' suddenly changes all the rules!

News Comments > Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series
6. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 15:01 Ceribaen

I play the game and watch the show.

The game as mentioned, is basically Borderlands MMO. But it's an easy drop in for an hour game, and the F2P model really doesn't push anything on you to purchase.

The show I think this season actually has an interesting twist to it, and is starting to show a little potential. I can see it being one of those shows with a really strong season 3 and season 4 if it makes it that long. After which the quality will decline as usual.

News Comments > Defiance Expansion Next Week
2. Re: Defiance Expansion Next Week Jul 30, 2014, 21:43 Ceribaen

I don't know why (probably because I'm watching the TV show again) but lately I've been hooked on this. It's an easy drop in, shoot a few things for an hour, log out kinda game.

I'm still working away at Season 1 achievements and just dropping in on sieges/major arkfalls, so really not following the storyline much at all in-game... and still have zero plans to purchase any of the previous expansion/DLCs (especially since they're all ten bucks a pop still).

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
13. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 15:17 Ceribaen

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 10:08:
SecuRom DRM, while 'unpopular' is very strangely over-vilified compared to the persistent and even more insidious DRM of Steam, Ubisoft, etc.

If Sony had the same level of zombie-control that Valve and Apple does, you would soon be reading posts defending SecuRom with all the shills in unison. Instead, you get the indefensible position of on-line DRM is somehow better for you than off-line DRM.

Thinking people know differently.

Well for one thing, SteamDRM doesn't prevent a game from loading just because you have an emulated drive... SecuROM does.
Also - SteamDRM as far as I know has never had install limits, pretty much all the third party ones that are 'over-vilified' do.

So basically if it's invisible to the user (ie SteamDRM), you don't hear people complaining about it generally. If it interferes with the legitimate installation and playing of a game, you do hear people complain about it.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 19:45 Ceribaen

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:37:
Omni wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 17:26:
Surprised it's not F2P yet.

They are milking the last subs a bit more, just wait another 5-6 month.

Last year some of us were guessing when this would go F2P. I think I said after a year. I think Cutter said after 6 months, but I don't recall.

Pretty sure Cutter says 6 months for every new MMO with a subscription

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Soccer World Championship 2014 Jul 14, 2014, 16:27 Ceribaen

El Pit wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 12:20:
Not the most entertaining match of the finals, but certainly better than others.

I beg to differ. This was a very entertaining draw for about 110 minutes. Both teams played clever, there were some great "duels" of technically very skilled players, and a fight until the very end with players collapsing on the field because of leg muscle cramps and some bad fouls. Both teams were strong with Germany winning because the German team had a bit more left in the tank in the overtime.

Everybody who knows a bit about soccer expected this to be a close match and in no way a walk in the park like Germany's game against the very, very weak Team from Brazil.

As a hockey fan... watching Argentina play was pretty much like watching the classic Devils trap system. Sit back, force the opponent into a mistake and attempt a single counterattack then retreat and regroup.

While yes, it's very technical and effective... it is extremely boring to watch in any sport. Once Germany scored and forced Argentina to actually press an attack, the game got interesting for those last ten minutes.

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
6. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 13:23 Ceribaen

Veterator wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 13:13:
Linksil wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 11:45:
Veterator wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 11:09:
I've caught some information on this game. It has some pretty interesting ideas. Like hang gliders, boats, boat combat, underwater farms.....I think they even mentioned underwater housing. Plus housing in general.

Crime, where you can steal from other people (in this case they showed like killing a chicken they owned on their property and them looking for signs of foot prints and what not) and they can investigate and try to catch you and send you into a judicial system which was a little unclear.

Siegeable guild forts that were SUPPOSEDLY designed somewhat by the players, so they aren't just a cookie cutter layout each time.

It's supposed to be F2P, but the implementation of how they expect to pull in subs and stuff kind of looked like if you want to enjoy yourself much at all or have anything you'd be subbing. Which kinda got me disinterested. I still want to try it out someday, but got a feeling it's going to be really difficult without subbing to do much.

Been playing the alpha for a few months now. US patch 1.0 was a great game, with lots of if this get's polished this games going to destroy things. They released 1.2 patch (korean patch without the US changes... this is trions words) and pretty much destroyed everything unique about the game. I mean it's still there but it feels like it's all hidden behind a pay wall. Labor Points are used for EVERYTHING and without a sub your capped at 2k max(5k max with sub), regens at 1 or 5 per 5min online only, can't quiet remember they keep changing their minds on the numbers. With "patron" which is sub of $15 a month, you get 20/5min (but it's listed 10/5 in the tool tip) while online and 5/5min offline. This forces you to be afking online 24/7 if you want to do any type of crafting/farming/opening auctions/ opening coin purses off mobs you farm. Right now it feels like you HAVE to pay to keep up and even then your still being fisted. Patron is also the only way you can own property/farms.

Gliders are fun to fly, but there's no easy way to descend so you usually play lets see if I die when the glider timer runs out. Boats are a blast but well very hard to make now. Boat combat requires cannon balls (requires LP farm then more LP to make) Underwater farms are just areas to swim into and farm then leave after a few mins once your done. But required for high end crafting. There's houses on the water but no underwater ones yet.

Crime system is interesting. You can plant anywhere on the world. If you do others can come alone and either uproot(not grown) or harvest(grown) your items if you don't make it back. If they do this there is a CHANCE at leaving footprints and they can report for crime points. Also anytime you attack and/or kill someone outside of a total war zone(Which only last 30 mins and cycle) anyone can report you. Once you hit 50 CP next time you die you go to trial. Players see the notes about what you did and decide your penalty.

Sieges: Forts can be built how people want to, but it's inside a limited area and well i'm not sure how much leeway there is.

Without subbing you can still do 50% of the game... but 90% of that will be VERY hard and frustrating.

Yeah that's kind of what I was afraid was going to happen. Trion did such a good job with Rifts F2P, but Archeage has more persistence issues. Guess we'll see if they can find a balance that doesn't suck balls.

So ArcheAge is just another KMMO that they're trying to westernize and re-release? Defiance F2P so far seems to be done fairly well too, I actually really haven't tried Rifts F2P since I was a former subscriber and burnt out before that.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
15. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 8, 2014, 18:37 Ceribaen

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 18:05:
Tim Collins wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:00:
DAOC had/has lots of multiboxers

Seeing as the majority of the time when you are running with a squad in DAOC you are on /follow and assist targeting... I would find it hard to tell the difference.

That and back in the day when you could have concentration buffs being effective in the entire RvR zone... Buffbots were all the rage.

Then again, so was Gear/Radar... but that's another story.

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
23. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 23, 2014, 15:20 Ceribaen

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 13:58:
Verno wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 13:22:
That's straight from Bethesda though and they would know.

It isn't, though, right? It came from some website who claimed it came straight from Bethesda, and said website also claimed they got sales numbers from Steam. Neither of them give out sales numbers (in Bethesda's case at least not per platform.)

just being on the Steam top10 list isn't a guarantee of millions of sales or something. I think the volume level of steam sales would surprise you. We've seen a few devs up near the top who say they sold 300,000 which is nothing to scoff at but certainly not millions.

That's for a dev who leads the sales in one week. Skyrim was in the top ten for TWO YEARS. DayZ reached a million sales after being the top seller for.. what, two months?

3 million copies simply doesn't add up. Sorry, but it's my pet peeve.

(If fucking Todd Howard would just admit that PC sales of Skyrim have been fucking gargantuan, I could let this matter rest already!!!)

Are we discussing the numbers from Ars Technica?
Steam Gauge
Followup article

In that they claim based on metrics which they check against some who did give them numbers - 6M owners of Skyrim on PC.

I think during non-sale periods the sale numbers are significantly lower so I doubt we're seeing 100k sales a week for the #1 game. I mean who here really buys anything outside of Summer/Holiday sales?

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
10. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 12:40 Ceribaen

At this point they should probably just stop publicizing the Greenlight admissions.

I mean really what's the purpose? There's not even a good link/switchover so that if you're following a game in the greenlight program to have it move to your wishlist/be notified when it's actually available for sale.
Or even that it was admitted unless you read these notices.

They'd be better off just giving a notice 'Game that you are following is now greenlit', moving it to your wishlist, then advising you when it's available for sale.

Anything else, if it's any good will end up rising to the top through word of mouth.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 12:12 Ceribaen

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 11:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 11:07:
I'll admit I haven't really kept track of this one. Is it like that dragonknight divinity game, where you can change into a dragon, and it's sorta Skyrim-lite, or is it like that Diablo / ARPG game they made?

It's an old school isometric CRPG like BG, Ultima et al. but better and it has an editor! Any old school CRPG fan worth their salt has to buy this!

The other thing I like, which I haven't seen in a crpg game in a long time - is how you can use the environment.

There's moveable barrels/boxes (some strength checks involved), you can use water spells to put out fires... set oil slicks on fire... etc

I've just been popping in and doing the tutorial round every few updates with different character abilities and it's a lot of fun, can't wait for the game to be finished to put some real time in it.

News Comments > Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Free Weekend
7. Re: Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Free Weekend Jun 6, 2014, 01:42 Ceribaen

Slick wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 20:29:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 19:11:
It wasn't a massive overhaul, but they did indeed change the UI to be more mouse-friendly and made a handful of quality-of-life improvements to gameplay with 2014.

i don't think it s was console-centric design at all, infact i bought 2013 for my PS3 and i couldn't read the damned card text! 720p FTL. not sure how in the hell that game couldn't run at 1080, but oh well. 2012 on my PC i remember running hot, needs a frame limiter. silly game.

also, anyone got a link for this supposed "build your own deck" 2015 game? cause as far as i know they have a seperate game/service where you can buy every card that's ever existed digitally and play online, MTG:online or something? i know that people play it on twitch.tv all the time, and that the UI is horriffic.

Found this random preview

Mentions you get booster packs even to add to the starter decks.

As far as the UI was concerned, it's mostly that it felt like it was designed to be played with a gamepad vs m/kb - considering almost everything was all scroll wheel style. At least in 2013 and 2012 as I remember them.

News Comments > Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Free Weekend
4. Re: Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Free Weekend Jun 5, 2014, 18:33 Ceribaen

bhcompy wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:09:
Ceribaen wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:04:
bhcompy wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 17:57:
Last hurray for Magic 2014. Magic 2015 will likely hit by midmonth if prior years are any indication

2014 was the first year I actually didn't buy of DoTP, have they made any actual improvements or still have the random bugs, and mostly just more like EA Sports games roster updates?

I did not play the previous years. There are a few bugs, but nothing huge. 2014 uses pre-built decks and about half of them were shit and half were okay and 2 or 3 outliers were really good. 2015 is moving away from pre-built decks. You build your own decks in 2015.

Ooh. Finally!
Yeah the previous ones were all pre-built decks with the only customization is whether or not you want to include your unlocked cards as you work through the campaigns.
They usually added one new game mode and kept with the same terrible console-centric UI that eventually you'd get used to.
And the puzzle scenarios sometimes were a little too specific in their order of play to complete (there was one or two where you actually could achieve a goal multiple ways, but unless you chose the planned route it wouldn't trigger a victory).

171 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo