Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Boris

Real Name Boris   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MadBoris
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2012, 15:53
Total Comments 129 (Novice)
User ID 57415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
52. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 18:38 MadBoris

The game that everyone says gets fun the second time around of playing it...

mmm, ok

Is there something subliminal that Blizzard interlaces into the video frames, or into the game, for mind control?

THAT, would at least explain some of this to a degree so that I could understand...

/not really serious, but just in case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng6hQfGzQig&feature=related

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
17. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 12:38 MadBoris

Techie714 wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:09:
I never picked up Diablo III but based on the press & posts I've read it sounds like this game turned into *Pardon my French* a complete & utter cluster fuck. Lots of problems, tons of upset customers, & now cheating. Could Blizzard have its first failure on its hands? Based on sales volume probably not....

All due to one overarching reality, this game was born and designed by some real greed. How to make much more profit than all other games.

Blizzard's goals are in building psychological money making software which does so by manipulating young people without the experience, not games for just pure entertainment.

Pre-orders FTW!

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
15. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 12:27 MadBoris

This ONLINE ONLY thing has been working wonders!
It was about more control, and they got it.

I'm glad so many fools wanted D3 that way, you get what you deserve when you were told it was only about getting much more money.

Billions of dollars earned by their other manipulation game, to make this garbage, oh excuse me, "artistic" moving painting garbage.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 16, 2012, 13:26 MadBoris

While I liked one of the vids, it almost looked like it might get close...but this online silliness, I don't know.

The first Most Wanted, was my favorite, true of many other NFS fans that have been waiting...

While Criterion may have been one of the better things to the NFS series in a while, it looks like they might blow this too...

10-15 years ago, games weren't being made childish, for stupid kids so they can compare themselves, so they can daydream they are cooler than their 'friend'. The games weren't designed in THAT WAY AT ALL.

"In Need for Speed Most Wanted, everything players do earn them Speed Points which are used to compete to be the Most Wanted amongst their friends" said Matt Webster, executive producer at Criterion Games."

So you changed the whole premise of the game. It's not Most Wanted by the police action game that is the very core. But now how can I make one child jealous of another child...
Now Billy will want to be cool like me, because I am Most Wanted.
That is not competition at all, that is insecurity, and it sounds just like EA.

We just liked the great game play in "NFS:Most Wanted" that people have been asking for for many many years, but EA always failed...

Dumbing down game concepts to get a bunch of children online just being jealous of each other and calling it competition, sound like a great premise EA. As if that is the crowd I want to play with. I hope they come to your forums and leave what is deserved.

I definitely DON'T want any speed points and DON"T want to be Most Wanted!

Having said that, it's not necessarily over for me yet, my Logitech FF MOMO is waiting, lets see if you are willing to give the PC some love. Focus on the core game not online or speed points, and I will come around vocally and financially. Although, with the online push of wasted dev resources, doubtful.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2012, 13:32.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Details
13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 14:37 MadBoris

" They also explain that unlike many "betas," they are actually using this testing session to improve the game, not just promote it:"

Love that, especially if true.

Imagine the game actually being good enough one day to promote itself. You don't have to try and hook a bunch of suckers or early adopters up front, well unless you actually really do 'have to'.

But can't I pay a $150 pre-order for beta access cause I want to play the game with my friends??? /not

News Comments > Beware Planet Earth Demo
1. Re: Beware Planet Earth Demo Jul 7, 2012, 15:14 MadBoris

Beware Planet Earth Demo summary:

You play David Attenborough...

All the animals in the world attack you, in glorious 1080p HD!

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
58. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 5, 2012, 13:49 MadBoris

Seriously, the fact people have to get excited over getting an item in an AH interface versus having it drop playing the fucking game, is just pathetic.

In a related note, in terms of Online Only/F2P gone wrong...

It's been disappointing in recent years to watch game development almost cut in half, when half the team in development, oversight, testing is spending half it's resources and hours in a day, not on making the best game possible, but developing, incorporating, testing the most effective, reliable and secure monetizing interface and mechanic, in said game, to make people buy things consistently other than the "actual game" itself. Devs never seem to talk about that in the dev blogs or patch notes, a huge waste of time that the game actually needs.

What a waste of resources (only for the gamer) that takes away from real game development time.

It's become twisted.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 13:11 MadBoris

Good to hear it wasn't too bad.

I had an uneventful evening, I didn't take my golden to a show afterall, and from home it was pretty quiet.

32. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 18:37 MadBoris

It's fitting to be putting a game and company in proper perspective that uses manipulation and subtle control, on the day people are celebrating all those that "sacrificed their real lives" physically and figuratively to fight for liberty against all regimes that manipulate and control people.

When freedom is given away, you cannot get it back, without some costly upheaval. Freedom and liberty is lost first in the way the mind actually functions, not only perception, although it's not immediately recognizable by the individual themselves. One of the real surreptitious aspects to manipulation/control, is it actually numbs the mind from seeing things. The loss closes doors and opportunities of one attaining quality living, first by what that control and manipulation (however subtle) physically does to one's mind. It's an incredibly deep subject, and if you don't care you'll end up facing the consequences of it someday, though you likely won't notice the loss of opportunities missed.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2012, 18:58.

27. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 17:09 MadBoris

To Blizzard:

So this is what you produced with billions in WOW money?
Billions of dollars produce this?
So as most said for over a decade in PC gaming, more money isn't better, imagine that!

I'm sorry to hear your online money farming application isn't working as originally planned many years ago. It was obvious to some of us what you were actually building.

You have the manipulation and control aspects down, you've learned how to make people religious followers, it's not hard, even though you are late to that game.

Somehow the coders are failing you and your followers.
I guess you'll will have to bilk less billions, I guess that means the next game couldn't be this "good". No doubt Vivendi is done with you, the weakening money machine, since your not raking billions with the new game as should be.

Maybe once you get that "amazing artwork style" to console (wink wink), then you can try reaching into the pockets and minds of the younger children, they should be far easier to manipulate.

From making some amazing games a decade ago, by entirely different people, the greed got to you, and those who sold out good individual game developers.

You are about the most poisonous developer to the industry that there is, for years now. But your still advancing with the mind games, and new ignorant people who don't know any better are their to follow, turning the gaming industry into money grabbing online services. Every year you prove your poisonous impact by going deeper into psychological manipulation.

Now we will have to deal with psychologically manipulative money grabbing scheme's on next generation console because of your greed, and because it works with the easily addicted that supported that greed.

Feuling insecurities and addictive behaviours in people, tangibly affects those people, and not in a good way.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2012, 17:31.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2012, 18:16 MadBoris

Sir Graves wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 17:45:
What's always helped with our cats and dogs over the years on the 4th, is simply having some "background noises" going within the house the whole evening, and also, doing our best to shut out the outside world for a few hours.

We have all the doors and windows closed and our air conditioning running (if you don't have AC that might be a problem after an hour or so in this kind of heat, though) which already helps a lot to dampen outside noises, and then we usually watch movies in the evening (home theater system), so we make sure to crank up the sound just a little bit more on nights like this, and that totally does the trick. Also, in the kitchen, away from the main TV room, we put some music on shuffle in the MP3 player and turn it up decently, and that masks anything out in that side of the house, too.

But yeah, just do all or a combination of these things (it's only for a couple of hours, really), and it will help a LOT. Just shut out the noise of the outside world for a bit! We actually like doing that quite often anyway.

Sounds like a good idea. My 5.1 setup has no problem masking outside noises. Put in a nice Blu-ray, with some deep bass that he's already used to, should mask a lot of the fireworks explosions if explosions are happening in movie.

It might make a good fallback since this will be his first 4th, I have no idea how he'll react.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2012, 16:58 MadBoris

Thanks to this discussion...I just had an idea...

I think I'm going to take my 9 month old Golden to a fireworks show, atleast for a while depending on his patience.

I have always tried to expose him to everything I could in terms of environments, sounds, surfaces, as the puppy books suggest. He's definitely been around some loud noises too.

I figure this way, he will get a clear understanding from the onset what exactly these 4th of July noises are. Should set a decent foundation as long as I set him up for success.
I'll give him some plugs though, to lessen the impact.

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
26. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 16:38 MadBoris

No comment.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Plans, Wargaming.net Rebranded
6. Re: World of Tanks Plans, Wargaming.net Rebranded Jul 3, 2012, 15:36 MadBoris

Tumbler wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 14:11:
the game really needs to work on trying to make the matches fair.

Not from their perspective. They easily could/should lessen the tier divergence (closer to 2-3 max), those matches always seem best to me teamwise anyway. Also, it's not beyond programmers to matchmake based on real skills, player profiles can maintain plenty of gameplay data that can serve this well.

Making people feel "underpowered" in matches provides a mental "incentive" for people to pay for boosters, tanks, gold rounds.
Online games playing to people's insecurities seems to be an accepted practice, refined in mmorts's.

I wished they would just focus on making the most amazing game and hiring the most amazing talent, but they play some pyschological games too.

Where the game really gets you after that is, getting to the higher tier turns out to not be necessarily better afterall, for many.

In the early levels that gap gets progressively worse.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2012, 13:51 MadBoris

I don't know if you have time to find something local, but have you tried dog ear plugs?
You can even use the foamy human inserts if the size works, like at gunshops, etc.

Fireworks Cesar's way

petexpertise.com mutt-muffs-hearing-protection-for-dogs.html

dog-health-handbook.com

Lowering the decibels and muffling the bass probably will not solve the anxiety completely, but I would imagine it would help.

The getting used to an ear plug would be far less stressful than fireworks full blast I'd imagine.
Some he wouldn't hear from far away, and all of them would sound farther away.

The problem with fireworks being so loud, is they sound like they are in the house/room he is sitting in, that's freaky for them trying to find out where the sound is coming from, they think it is real close.

Hope you try it if you haven't...Just don't stick anything in you can't get out, including fibers, etc.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2012, 14:04.

4. Re: World of Tanks Plans, Wargaming.net Rebranded Jul 3, 2012, 13:24 MadBoris

Techie714 wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 11:22:
I downloaded the 10 GB game this weekend and played it for a bit. The games not bad, it's just not really what I was looking for. It's pretty simple you just drive around a map & shoot other tanks in a rather "arcade" fashion. I was looking for more of a sim but it's not a bad game.

I think if you stick around a bit you'll find a bit more depth than meets the eye.
There is a bit of a learning curve to be succesful.

You also may want to check out the WOT wiki sometime...
Especially the section on battle mechanics, it will save you frustration on understanding sighting mechanics, and help you start using them to your advantage.

[url=]http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Main_Page[/url]

It took weeks before I actually started to delve a bit deeply into this stuff, I would say their is more depth than meets the eye.

3. Re: World of Tanks Plans, Wargaming.net Rebranded Jul 3, 2012, 13:13 MadBoris

If only all 3 wargaming theatres could merge into one game w/ lots of players, tanks, air, naval...Then that would be something...

It's too much to hope for me that they will lessen the aggressive grind and f2p model, or fix matchmaking to not always put you with overly high tiers, in order to make you feel weaker and 'want' to buy tanks.

I personally would never go tier 10's in that game, they can add T10's till the cows come home.
Most fun for me was tier 3-5.
Best earners were tier 5-6.
That was a few patches ago.

I really wished I went the German line, but I didn't know any better, the germans seem much better all around, quite a few more 'good' choice tanks.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Announced
25. Re: Total War: Rome II Announced Jul 2, 2012, 22:45 MadBoris

Looks like a Must buy already...

Alot of good reading, several vids, several screenshots...

improved AI, awesome zoom, pushing realism and immersiveness, boats docking on shore in mission...bring it on...but don't you damn rush...

Thank goodness for another awesome dev holding out for a quality PC title, always one of the greats.

Sounds like they adopted the SupCom style full zoom feature, awesome innovation, should be used more often.

Another great total war game, not bastardized by some online only mechanic. Real AI, yeah.

I'll buy 2 if it's great, just because. Or you can have my permission to charge $75-$100.
We have to take care of our best PC devs that provide single player without being able to charge you monthly for it, while others are farming money instead of making awesome immersive PVE games and pushing boundaries.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2012, 22:56.

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
62. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 20:02 MadBoris

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:34:
William Usher wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:26:
MadBoris, you just won some internets.

Wow. Well said. You summed up everything that's wrong with today's gaming industry.

Sounds to me like he just hates video games. He might want to try a different, less stressful, hobby, like raising goldfish.

You obviously don't know me at all and couldn't be more wrong. Since I started computer gaming in '83 on a computer I bought, I've been around too long. It's also when I started coding, with code saved on a tape player because we had no disks.

But today, I pretty much dislike the money grabbing industry, different than games. They take money first, sight unseen. The fans that pre-purchase are then connected/invested to the game developers, not the unfinished unseen game. Even if it's not that good on arrival, they won't look themselves in the mirror and say I shouldn't of bought it and leave, no, they are in for at least a short haul as the fan community. Infact, people would have a hard time admitting they made a mistake of pre-ordering if the game isn't all that, they wouldn't want to look a fool. Their is a psychology that comes into play here also where people tell themselves the game is much better than it is, because they paid for it, plus were hyped for it, felt like they made a contribution on beta, etc. Getting people invested mentally in a product before there is a product is just hype, and it's working.

How do you hold a developer accountable after a pre-order, or if the promises of the unfinished online game doesn't get the features promised, or if it doesn't get fixed in a patch?

You often can't.
You fully supported them with your money and told the industry it's working, they (bean counters, fat cats with cigars(figuratively), not devs per se) are now continuing in that succesful vein, regardless if the product was good.

Fanbases are developing on hype, even more so, and protecting devs from being accountable with their continued mantra "it will be fixed by a patch, or it will; get better, give them time". As if they know something more than how to defend the dev team that they got in bed with.

I'm a fan of great quality dev houses that don't sell out, great games, not necessarily IP's.

And although my walls on f2p have come down, w/ Tribes for instance. Online only PVP gets damn old when you did it as long as I have.
I'd take LAN gaming of yesterday anyday, it was not about who had the most XP or achievements, that is for sure.

Single Player adventures of immersion for 30-40 hours, with advanced AI and physics have slowed considerably, not because people didn't like them, but people's options and psychology changed.
A lot of creativity and possibility lost, don't get me started on M$.

Epic, used to be one of my faves, but they blew off a fanbase that supported them for years, a base that gave them great introduction to console kiddies back in the day saying Epic is epic prior to Gears shipping, then things changed with console money.

Sweeney is now talking freemium online only too, no more pressed discs, next gen console. In an article I read yesterday, he was almost ashamed they wasted so much time on technical stuff in the years when other's made so much more money, so much easier with less invested.

Too bad he feels that way, because they used to excel like few houses, they have their fanbase now, but they cut me out of it years ago.

That is the product of greed, we lost a lot that now is in Microsoft's pocket.

Console gamers are usually completely ignorant on game development. That ignorance keeps them in the dark of what a game could actually be, compared to some kid building assets in the game fresh out of gaming school excited about his $14 hr job. There's more pressing buttons today in game development than ever before, it's not being expert in AI or physics logic and coding anymore.

Advancement in the gaming experience has really slowed to a crawl, for the most part, and next gen consoles won't be the saviours.

Less is more when you sell it not when you buy it.

/just ranting

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2012, 20:35.

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
52. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 14:33 MadBoris

So boardroom meetings can be quite the opposite from what many fans feel for sure. They make a killer profit, as for the selling of the company, their stock doesn't do shit based off that and face it for too many tycoons that's the more important part of the two. CRAZY I KNOW.

Glad to see some of you speaking up...I told you so's from years ago...

One thing for sure, the board of directors is not interested in making you a great game. They don't care about gameplay, physics, immersion, AI, engines, polish...
I yelled from roof tops for years for gamers not to ignorantly make gaming about greed by their financial support, but the genius's said "companies deserve to make a profit".
Gaming has been changed irreparably. The quality devs are coming around to kicking themselves in the head for not going themanipulation route, that is changing as we speak for the next console rollout.
F2P is the far smarter method to bilk people than an obvious monthly sub, if that is your motive. F2P can mask the money grab by subtleties of ongoing microtransactions far better, it's grey area.

It's about minimalism, learning to think like China has taught us well. That's the ways to make money now, but it will always leave the people wanting.
It's about the accepted lies of advertising and marketing taken to new heights...kids are too immature, too ignorant and often too stupid (by their own free will) to know any better. Kids, especially those that play games too much, are easily manipulated.

It leaves the people with shit, but as long as the businesses make money that is what is important for the society, that is until less and less freedoms are available everyday and individual quality of life declines.

From the very first days I yelled from the roof tops at how horrible MMO's were for gaming. It was obvious pure psychological manipulation that hooked people, not 'great' gaming experiences per se. Basing the game model on things like peer pressure is what everyone in online gaming has learned by now. You think it was the "great" game that kept you paying.
No! It was someone f'g with your psyche making you feel you weren't good enough until you reached that next level or got certain gear, that is what made you 'need' to play. They played to your weakness. It is called mind control pure and simple, and it is overt to all but the blinded followers. It's a good similarity to a digital slot machine in vegas, without the payoff, only the house winning. It also attracts the addictive psyche with a digital drug, taking advantage of that weakness. Digital crack was always a great analogy.

Blizzard understood they had to get 'friends' comparing themselves to each other and 'needing' to be better than their 'friend'. That's a twisted form of competitiveness based on an individual's insecurity. The better someone "really needs" to be than others, especially in inconsequential matters, the more insecure they are, it's ego. Word of mouth by this dynamic is a more power tool than any marketing or advertising. Proselyze one and motivate him to proselyze 10 of his friends, then those people are invested in that game because Johnny's 15yr old friends looks up to 16 yr old Johnny. Teaching kids to keep up with the Jones's, because that is how we want kids trained to think and live. Just look at my society, the USA, and how the people handle money. They usually don't, they mishandle it fundamentally, starting at the top, debt is ok. Having what you haven't earned or can't afford is ok, until someone comes and repossesses what never belonged to them in the first place.

People lost homes and livelihood because they believed the lie that credit rating and being in debt is more important than budgeting and controlling spending. Virtual numbers on a screen were more important than real physical assets, they believed the lies. That's why RMAH is so easy for kids to adopt, even adults fall for the lies. Good old money!

You were made to feel insecure, you obviously didn't have enough, and the MMO impressed that on you! Then a greener grass was shown to you and the eternal carrot was placed in front of you to follow around like a little rat in their monetizing cage.
Maybe these are the masochists of tomorrow, is the dominatrix business on the upswing these days too?

When will these foolish gamers stop turning my entertainment into commercialism of "let's see how we can lie BIGGER to people and make them buy."
Devs used to give us demos first, then we judge the game and buy accordingly, like just about any product. To all those developers that floundered and didn't have the skill to compete on that skillful level, they coudn't sell their game. When you don't have the best product, or skilled talented team, they don't just destroy the product and crawl off and die. They spin it and learn to craft better lies to make people buy it. MadeInChina 101. Lying and manipulation is always easier than maintaining high quality in a product, enter the MMO. When the MMO dies, enter F2P something much more grey, can be bad or good, but it's mostly going to be let's see how much we can get out of them before too many leave.

Now you get to someday play games like Mechwarrior Online for free, for only a $120 pre-order sight unseen. No release date even given except a summer open beta! You may even be able to spend a few hundred on a joystick for this FREE game. More money never made better games, we had those discussion ten years ago on the net, when they were going around. Most humans unfortunately tend to get fat and lazy when things are too easy for them, at least in some cultures. They take advantage of freedom, wasting it, rather than utilizing it to go after their desires with even greater personal drive.

I wish we could bring back vaporware to teach people a thing or two about "promises" and that quality development is a lot harder than people think. Yet it could be available if we took a stand on some standards like the PC Gamers in the old days held the devs accountable, and stopped supporting the posers and manipulators. But why produce quality if the last years clearly showed that manipulation and minimalism makes more money with less real technical effort and cost invested. Now online, it's just this promised feature or that feature that never gets in the game over it's lifetime, or never works right online, since the game is never really done people just put up with it waiting for the next patch, and next patch, and next patch...

Sorry, I had to rant...I'm sure people could write a series of articles on it.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2012, 15:11.

129 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo