Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bradley

Real Name Bradley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 2, 2012, 22:45
Total Comments 53 (Suspect)
User ID 57411

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
19. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 17, 2014, 00:30 Bradley

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 14:33:
Oh I totally missed that.
I did not see any console controller prompts (I watched the video at work on a small screen so I may missed something) so I assumed it was PC footage.

There are console button prompts at the 2:40 mark while selecting the spell to cast during the fight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
13. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 20:56 Bradley

I'm absolutely loving it. It plays almost exactly like the original XCom, only with better controls, better graphics, and fewer bugs (which is all we ever wanted from an xcom remake really).

I've hit one annoying problem where switching to the squad equipment screen after a battle crashes the game. Since it auto saves right after the mission you can just reload it and everything is fine. That's the only bug I've personally encountered and the developer is working on it as their top priority.

I got over the "ugly" hand drawn menu graphics really quickly because the battlescapes are beautiful. I'm well over 12 hours in to the game so far.

I can't say enough good things about this game. You won't be sorry for buying it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 3, 2014, 19:08 Bradley

I still don't understand the mass appeal of this game. I just fired it up after work to see what was updated. I'm doing great for a while, then get completely obliterated after one bad roll of the random number generator. Maybe I just really suck at it, but I prefer to have more control.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
3. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 18:58 Bradley

Do I still have to sell a kidney every month to play?  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
26. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 18:36 Bradley

yuastnav wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 18:27:
This is the first time that I've heard about this game.
Can someone enlightend us please on what's going on?

Or is it just a case of "simple mobile game got popular for some reason which attracted a lot of criticism"?
If that is the case, what is the criticism then?

-Guy made a really "stupid" game that is also very hard.
-Game goes viral.
-People start calling the game a fraud and sending death threats to Guy, despite the game being free.
-Guy gets tired of receiving death threats and being called a fraud. Decides to pull the app.
-Guy receives even more death threats for saying he will pull the game.

Stay classy internet.

News Comments > Banished Next Month
10. Re: Banished Next Month Jan 11, 2014, 10:27 Bradley

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 03:00:
looks boring.

Part of me kind of agrees with you. I think it has awesome potential though, and will still be fun. I'm still going to buy it, and at ~$20 it should be well worth it. I'm just worried that there won't be enough to do in the game to keep me interested for very long. I've been following the game for well over a year, so I've got a fair idea about all the features the developer has talked about. Beyond building, farming , and some fishing/hunting there doesn't seem like there is much going on. From what I've heard there is no real tech tree other than a single upgrade to the tool levels. You can't do any research for new buildings and you never advance beyond a "thatched roof" time period.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 3, 2013, 18:59 Bradley

Redmask wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 01:22:
The open source code that has been vetted by several major corporations and millions of phone hackers? There's a reason they are putting this functionality into apps which aren't getting into ASOP.

Do you know for a fact that the OS being distributed by Google, Samsing, Motorola, etc was actually compiled from the source code that Google released? Unless you compiled and installed it yourself, your phone could be running anything.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 3, 2013, 00:21 Bradley

That Google search thing is really disturbing. The Android home screen is literally google search now. It looks the same but any app you run, any number you call or person you message is run through the google search APK. Oh and they`re apparently going to be putting ads into the interface at some point, in the phone I already paid for. Thanks Google, do no evil indeed.

You DO realize that Google wrote the entire OS, right? Their code literally processes every action you take on the phone. They don't need to try to sneak anything in to the home screen. If they wanted to know how many times a day you run a Fart app, they would already know.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 10, 2013, 21:28 Bradley

Must be strong... I can wait for the PC version (that hasn't even been announced yet). I can do this!  

News Comments > Cube World Trailer
2. Re: Cube World Trailer May 12, 2013, 15:28 Bradley

Fantaz wrote on May 12, 2013, 14:55:
Why does everyone love Minecraft so much? Headscratch
OMG, the game is made up of cubes, it MUST be a clone of Minecraft!

News Comments > The Sims 3 Dragon Valley
4. Re: The Sims 3 Dragon Valley May 10, 2013, 20:22 Bradley

Why would anyone buy this after they announced Sims 4 for next year? You'll just have to buy it all again.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 17:51 Bradley

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2013, 17:28:
This was all I could find.
That's going to leave a memorable sun tan.

News Comments > More on The Sims 4
9. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 17:46 Bradley

Narf2029 wrote on May 6, 2013, 17:10:
If it doesn't offer multiplayer, what will it offer that Sims 3 can't already do?

Not glitching out, crashing, and corrupting the game world would be a nice feature they could add if they can find some time between adding online features no one wants.

News Comments > German GTA5 PC Listings
4. Re: German GTA5 PC Listings May 6, 2013, 17:40 Bradley

"guaranteed uncensored" and "100% Pre uncut version."
Yeah, sounds legit to me.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FEZ
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 1, 2013, 23:52 Bradley

raVen wrote on May 1, 2013, 23:44:
So, how much money have you donated lately Bradley? Are you a douche?

I developed an Android game that was originally for sale on the Play Store. It never got very popular and only sold a few hundred copies. It was one of the first Android games I wrote and at some point I lost the signing key, which means I could no longer update it. A few months later some bugs were found that I couldn't fix without the key. I choose to change the price and make the game Free. I also refunded all the money for the people who had bought the game. That version is no longer listed on the store, it's been replaced with a newer version that I can update again.

I don't really consider that donating though, I consider it good customer service. If you want to call that being a douche, go right ahead.

24. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 1, 2013, 23:47 Bradley

nin wrote on May 1, 2013, 23:35:
That paragraph perfectly outlines what I was saying: You, I, or anyone else outside of who worked on the game don't know the numbers. Your claim that "a couple of thousand dollars, er forty thousand dollars is just a drop in the bucket" is dubious, at best.

Which is why I used numbers that are, in some cases, 10x larger than what any reasonable person would estimate. I DO have software development experience, though it is business software, not games. I think that makes my initial baseline numbers at least within the realm of reality.

Even discounting the numbers completely, I'm still left with his attitude, which is not something I want to reward.

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 1, 2013, 23:26 Bradley

nin wrote on May 1, 2013, 23:10:
I'm glad we established you were talking out of your ass.

Fine, you want to get more "mathy", I can do that. Let's work with my hypothetical understated number from the previous post of 1 million dollars incoming. Pretend he paid the sound guy $100,000. Visual studio costs $800 ($2000 if you buy an MSDN subsciption), but you can get away doing xbox development with the free version. I'll be generous and say he spend $50000 of development tools. That leaves $850,000. I have no idea how much a PAX trip costs, but lets pull a huge number out of my ass and say another $50,000. Down to $800,000. Let's blow $100,000 on office space even though that's a MASSIVE overestimate and that brings us down to $700,000. Let us also pretend that he split what's left evenly between the 3 developers you mentioned and that brings us to $233,333 dollars in profit for each developer pre-patch. At this point the patch will reduce each developer's share by 6%, or $13,980. Keep in mind my overhead numbers are WAY overblown, the actual loss would be significantly less. The developer is a douche.

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 1, 2013, 23:06 Bradley

nin wrote on May 1, 2013, 23:03:
So the tools to make the game, the people that worked on the game (he had one previous partner who left, as well as a second partner), the time it took to make the game, the guy that did the music, the office space it was created in, and the trips to PAX and other events all cost him nothing?

All that didn't cost enough to make me think he's not a douche for continuing to sell a broken product that he has no intention of fixing.

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 1, 2013, 22:57 Bradley

nin wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:48:
Two, the game has sold 200,000 copies as of last month. How exactly do you know he made "millions"?

The game costs 800 Microsoft Points, which is $10 US (most other countries actually cost more). At $10 selling 200,000 copies is 2 million. Even if Microsoft takes 50% (they don't, but let's pretend that rest goes to taxes) that's still a million dollars. OK, it's not "millions", but even at the (underestimated) 1 million, $40k is only 4% of the income.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 1, 2013, 22:37 Bradley

Rhino wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:23:
I have carried out tasks in my life that I wasn't especially interested in. As an example, accounting jobs. I wasn't terribly strong at accounting jobs because my heart just wasn't in them. On those jobs that I DO have an interest in, however, my performance is much stronger. It was the same with school before that, and damned near anything else on a daily basis. I would imagine that most are the same as myself and my family and friends.

Fish has made his feelings on the PC very well known. How can I, or anyone, possibly believe that he will have made a strong effort in this port, or in any post release support, if every indication is that he didn't particularly want to make it in the first place?

That's only part of the issue. He also has a really bad history of supporting the existing xbox version. After a patch that introduced new save game destroying bugs he public said that he wouldn't release a new patch to fix the problem because Microsoft would charge him a couple of thousand dollars. On a game that made him millions he wouldn't spend a few thousand to fix newly added bugs. If he refuses to support even his preferred platform properly, he sure isn't going to try very hard for the one he disdains.

53 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo