Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bradley

Real Name Bradley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 2, 2012, 22:45
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 57411

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 11:23 Bradley

The whole "flat" Windows 10 theme is really bugging me. When you have multiple windows open and overlapping it can be really hard to tell where one window starts and the others begin. That makes resizing or dragging windows by the title bar tricky. I wish there was some way to add more separation between them.

I've also got an issue with the way some of the control panels are opening. There is plenty of screen space, but some of them don't open wide enough to display all the content, leaving a horizontal scroll bar.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 12:06 Bradley

Sorry, the only person in charge of what my computer does and downloads is ME, not your website. If you publicly publish an HTML page and I download it, I am under no obligation to also download any separate files that are listed in it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2015, 23:33 Bradley

Tumbler wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 16:44:
Hunh, that Uber lawsuit is a strange issue.

I'm not sure why Uber would be responsible in this situation but a company like facebook wouldn't be? Uber obviously is a service provided by drivers so a driver might be using the app while driving a vehicle...but what does facebook do to insure people are not using their app while driving? You could argue that by building a mobile app you're encouraging people to use it on the phone...which might be used in a car...which is illegal as the driver.

Is a mobile app dev responsible if a driver can use the app while driving?

What about Google Maps.... I use that all the fucking time. I use that while driving in many cases. It's possible I could hit someone while I'm trying to get directions... or just trying to follow the directions while it's mounted in it's stand... Is Google responsible?

Courts are consistently ruling that Uber drivers are employees of Uber. Having the Uber app running is akin to "being on the clock". If you cause an accident while on the clock as an employee of a company, the company is liable.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
24. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:37 Bradley

That's probably because they learned that all the comment threads about the game are filled with people doing nothing but trash talking the game and its supporters.  

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
1. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 14:42 Bradley

Who are you and what have you done with Valve?  

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
6. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 2, 2015, 00:56 Bradley

The load time between EVERYTHING is what kills it for me. If they could work on cutting that down it would improve things greatly.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
11. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 10:58 Bradley

Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:19:
I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit. It's pretty good but I'm getting annoyed at those aspects of the game so its going on the backburner while they patch it up.

Why does every new game that comes out think we want to dig through list of inventory items (that are pages long), what was wrong with the inventory grids of old where you could actually see more than 5 items at a time? I actually liked the ones where different items took up a different configuration of inventory cells. I know some people don't like "Inventory Tetris" though, so I won't say it needs to come back. I would kill for a nice grid with drag & drop though.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
5. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 10:50 Bradley

nin wrote on May 18, 2015, 08:52:
Anyhow, I fail to understand how new set of drivers could have anything to do with "marketing", please enlighten me.

Presumably they could be releasing a new driver that is unchanged from the previous driver to make it look like they are responsive to new games and are actively working on providing great support. The placebo effect and relative difficulty in actually quantifying graphical improvements will make people think that Nvidia is "The Bomb" or whatever you young people are saying these days.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
4. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 09:47 Bradley

eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:44:
I wonder what they will do with F4, hopefully a (drastic) change of scenery! Or putting it back into F2 territory (tribes, drugs and slavery).
It would be interesting to see the Fallout universe from the point of view of another country.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video
1. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 6, 2015, 20:37 Bradley

That dialog is horrible.  

News Comments > Logistics Company Simulator Released
3. Re: Logistics Company Simulator Released Mar 20, 2015, 10:59 Bradley

If you want to play a REAL logistics simulator, play Factorio.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cities: Skylines
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cities: Skylines Mar 11, 2015, 09:16 Bradley

This game is amazing. I played for about 8 hours yesterday without a single crash or major bug. There were a few minor rendering issues with how some building lots meshed with the terrain, but they were barely noticeable. This game is everything the new Sim City promised to be and more, by an order of magnitude. It was done by a small team of 7 (I think) employees, which makes it even more amazing to me. To make it even better, you get all that for only $30.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
16. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 16:21 Bradley

Kajetan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:12:
This current model is just a superficial paint job. A very good looking paint job, but not next gen.

It's not just a simple paint job. If you look closely in the video where they pan around the wing damage (about 55 seconds in) you can clearly see that the damage exposed internal wing supports and even holes that you can see the background and other parts of the ship through.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Modding Diary
5. Re: Cities: Skylines Modding Diary Feb 26, 2015, 08:54 Bradley

There was an AMA on Reddit yesterday where someone asked about map size. It seems that they may have back tracked a little bit from the size they initial reported. Originally they said that mods would easily be able to unlock the full 25 tiles of each map, but in the AMA they say that only 9 tiles will be available. Someone who was "highly skilled and extremely lucky" /might/ be able to change the available map tiles, but it isn't something they will actively expose. There is also a hard-coded cap of 1 million entities (I'm not sure exactly what counts as an entity.

I still think the cities will be larger than those in the new Sim City, but I'm no longer as excited about this as I was before.

Here is a link to the AMA. Link

*EDIT*
Fixed url

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
7. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 17, 2015, 15:57 Bradley

What ever happened to that Mewgenics game they were working on? I was super psyched about that, but I haven't seen any news on it for almost a year now I think.

*EDIT*
Oops, wrong company. Please ignore.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 7, 2015, 13:30 Bradley

At this point I'd rather have them work on better shatter resistant glass with the current level of scratch resistance.  

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
6. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:40 Bradley

Let the 2 minutes of hate begin.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
50. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 18, 2015, 22:38 Bradley

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 12:38:
But now it has created this new category. Pay to Have Fun, Pay for Conflict.

That's what we paid for when we BOUGHT the game.

News Comments > Talos Principle Punishes Pirates
5. Re: Talos Principle Punishes Pirates Dec 29, 2014, 11:39 Bradley

Overon wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 09:33:
The game has to detect that are you are using some pirated software. Why wouldn't people who bypass copy protection bypass this too?

In order to bypass it you have to know it exists. It's easy to know that there is DRM when a game refuses to run, but introduce subtle things like this and the odds are that the people trying to remove the DRM will miss it. If you can introduce enough subtle little checks like this then you've managed to protect your game for just a bit longer.

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details
8. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 22:04 Bradley

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:52:
Or we can wait to find out exactly how they're handling this on PC, before jumping to conclusions for another excuse to bitch at a publisher...

OR we can voice our opinions now, in hopes that they clarify their position or change their mind about the upgrade path before they commit to a plan that can no longer be changed.

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo