Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 125 (Novice)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
7. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 18:35 Gib007

Whoa ok, this got my attention. I have very fond memories of Battlezone. I also remember some technical limitations of the time, some of which Battlezone 2 addressed (like the number of units). I hope this remake addresses them as well and isn't a direct copy-paste with updated graphics.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video
9. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video Jun 24, 2015, 07:58 Gib007

That also occurred to me. Too much snow = too cold = too many clothes. I loved the previous Tomb Raider game and will get this one, but...  

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
11. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 16:38 Gib007

Krovven wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:36:
Gib007 wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 15:07:
I have not played any of these games, despite owning the previous two as free gifts with upgrades, because it's Batman. I would feel like too much of a 6 year old playing a game with a "superhero" as silly-named as "Batman". In fact, any "superhero" stuff seems childish to me. I know I'm sour but...

Sounds like a personal issue. You'd think that someone that plays games as a hobby would have gotten over any "childish" insecurities about it a long time ago.

I've played and finished all 3 of the previous Arkham games and can't wait to play this one.

Not that it should matter, but all of the Arkham titles are "mature" games.

You'd think so, but 28 years old and still going strong. I hate those bunny ears and the "superhero vs supervillain" style. Cringe-worthy stuff.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
6. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 15:07 Gib007

I have not played any of these games, despite owning the previous two as free gifts with upgrades, because it's Batman. I would feel like too much of a 6 year old playing a game with a "superhero" as silly-named as "Batman". In fact, any "superhero" stuff seems childish to me. I know I'm sour but...  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
3. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 15:04 Gib007

What they need to do, really, is add lots more point-to-point tracks to Project CARS. Constant circuits are boring as hell. The physics and graphics are down - just get the gameplay in point-to-point tracks and it's golden.  

News Comments > Project CARS Sells 1M
10. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 20:30 Gib007

This needs more point-to-point tracks. Only two is not enough!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update Jun 5, 2015, 18:34 Gib007

DangerDog wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 17:40:
Pretty safe to say the blue haired princes is going to be the most popular allegiance.

She is pretty damn hot, to be fair! But I've pledged to a guy pointing a finger at me. His main focus is combat so I'd rather deal with his missions. Having said that, though I've pledged, I haven't put in enough time just now to test out the Powerplay system and explore its intricacies. I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing yet!

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
41. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 16:04 Gib007

And probably no steering wheel support. Just, wow.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
34. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 17:27 Gib007

Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:38:
Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:08:
Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 15:00:
Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:53:
I might give this game a go. My brother has just had a hissy fit and is totally unwilling to play it because 3D Vision support for it is "Not Recommended". He keeps going on about how 3D Vision is the future and how ALL games should support it. Sadly very few seem to.

He's so very wrong. 3D Vision sucks. About 99% of the people I've ever met even fucking hate the 3D glasses cinema bullshit yet they keep trying to push it down our throat. Virtual Reality is the future? Sure, I can accept that. 3D Vision? Give me a fucking break and tell your brother to grow the fuck up.

While I agree with you, having had a 3D Vision monitor with the glasses myself, you should consider scaling down the tone in your reply a bit. I do this: Imagine you're standing in front of someone in person and are having the conversation - how does it sound best? I guess the answer to that depends on upbringing, education, cultural background, etc.

I agree. I was hungry, tired, and pissed off at work

No problem - I often get cranky at work myself, hehe.

29. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 16:08 Gib007

Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 15:00:
Gib007 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:53:
I might give this game a go. My brother has just had a hissy fit and is totally unwilling to play it because 3D Vision support for it is "Not Recommended". He keeps going on about how 3D Vision is the future and how ALL games should support it. Sadly very few seem to.

He's so very wrong. 3D Vision sucks. About 99% of the people I've ever met even fucking hate the 3D glasses cinema bullshit yet they keep trying to push it down our throat. Virtual Reality is the future? Sure, I can accept that. 3D Vision? Give me a fucking break and tell your brother to grow the fuck up.

While I agree with you, having had a 3D Vision monitor with the glasses myself, you should consider scaling down the tone in your reply a bit. I do this: Imagine you're standing in front of someone in person and are having the conversation - how does it sound best? I guess the answer to that depends on upbringing, education, cultural background, etc.

24. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 14:53 Gib007

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 10, 2015, 15:21 Gib007

I bought Project CARS last night after I noticed it worked with TrackIR 5. It's excellent. But I'm using a keyboard... I'm getting that urge to buy a Logitech G27...!!  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
17. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 17:18 Gib007

Julio wrote on May 6, 2015, 15:52:
I'm more interested in knowing if we're getting bots in the game. My PC doesn't have a Dolby Atmos setup.

No heavily-multiplayer games these days feature or at least depend on bots. Look at how Battlefield games dropped bots completely. We're in the day and age of fast, always-on Internet access. Multiplayer is the key. My only gripe is the proposed 40 player limit.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
10. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 14:28 Gib007

CJ_Parker wrote on May 6, 2015, 13:02:
Not too expensive for the retards who buy this game for $60 and premium at $60 plus whatever else EA has lined up as paid DLC. Those are the kind of retards who will buy anything.

Thanks. I pre-ordered this and will buy Premium too. It's Star Wars.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
6. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 09:52 Gib007

Not even if I won a large lottery would I bother with a quad Titan X setup. I'm just not THAT into computer hardware (not to reach those levels of expenditure and rig build). However, I am very interested in how DirectX 12 enhances performance and how that allows further image quality with the same hardware. The maximum I do is SLI two graphics cards, usually the "GTX x70" model cards (e.g. now I have two GTX 970s in SLI).  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
8. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 18:16 Gib007

Servers are extremely hard to come by and join. Everything's constantly full and even servers that report as having 0/6 or 1/6 players still report full when you try to join. Matchmaking simply sits there doing nothing.

I guess this will alleviate tomorrow and in the coming days. I got to play one match earlier. I loved it. Besides the running animations when carrying a melee weapon or pistol (which look terrible!), the game is fantastic. Those weapon reload animations and recoil are awesome. I look forward to more content.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 17:57 Gib007

"Epic 40 player multiplayer matches".

"Epic" remains to be seen. This needs to be higher. 40 sounds ridiculous in this day and age.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 19, 2015, 18:52 Gib007

So GTA V sold so well, it took two places. Mathematics(TM).  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 18:38 Gib007

Can I pre-order this already? I want to give my money to them ASAP.

[EDIT]: I was too quick to post. Pre-ordered!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 08:28 Gib007

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 08:16:
I hope that this game is so successful that all the other devs in the gaming industry will take notice and we get a bunch of Star Wars games in the future. I'm not even sure if that's possible though due to licensing. Someone on Blues must know how that works.

I agree completely - I hope so too. I'd like another "Jedi Knight" game. Perhaps with the rekindling of Star Wars with Disney and Episode VII, we may just get that!

125 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo