Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
23. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:49 Gib007

I'm happy to pre-order but they don't want my money as I'm not living in one of their preferred 20 countries. Too bad. I do NOT want the Xbox One controller though. I have a Saitek X-55 HOTAS and a Logitech G27 Steering Wheel - controllers are for console noobs! Moreover, I sure hope those headphones are removable or I'll have to knife them off. They can't possibly come anywhere near my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm headphones.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 11:42 Gib007

This game needed the gameplay and replayability of Battlefield 4, with a Star Wars theme. THAT would have done it justice. As it stands, it's a 1/4 game. Awesome graphics and sound design, but that's all it is.  

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
11. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 14:37 Gib007

Battlefield 3 and 4 were fantastic. If this lives up to them, even if it's pretty much the same, I'll buy it. If it's like Hardline, forget it. If it's like Star Wars Battlefront, I'll buy it so that I can set it on fire and upload a video of me setting it on fire on to YouTube.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
16. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 15:36 Gib007

Elite Dangerous is really looking up with this update. I really, really look forward to this as well as all the extra stuff they plan to put in as the months/years pass.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
26. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 4, 2015, 07:53 Gib007

This game is absolutely fantastic, minus some stuttering when unlocks are illustrated to you and minus bad SLI support.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 16:10 Gib007

Another CoD? Who would have thought this possible?  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
27. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 24, 2015, 09:29 Gib007

I'm looking forward to this but am happy that I'm busy with Witcher 3 for now. By the time I get Fallout 4, it will have been patched several times. Same as with Witcher 3 - started playing it after 1.10.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 13:25 Gib007

Played the Beta a while. When I realised it was nothing like Battlefield 4 with a Star Wars skin, as I originally wanted, I uninstalled it and cancelled my pre-order. Absolutely terrible piece of crap. There's so much stuff it needs to make it fun, it's not even worth paying for the electricity that runs your computer and your router to download this game.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 14:30 Gib007

One more day to gawk at how crap this game is.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 18:42 Gib007

The game is trash. I struggled to find anything positive about it earlier. I've tried again. I can't seem to find anything positive about it. The game is trash.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
19. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 15:59 Gib007

I can only buy this if they properly support 21:9 monitors from release or shortly thereafter. I'm not forcing my monitor to run at 2560x1440 16:9 just because of lazy programming.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th Sep 24, 2015, 20:07 Gib007

I'm looking forward to browsing through those servers.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 18:37 Gib007

DangerDog wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 18:18:
They seem to have high hopes for Star Wars, EA wants to sell 10 million copies lol

[url=http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/05/ea-targeting-10-million-copies-of-battlefront-sold]

If I buy it it'll be on extreme discount.

To be fair, MANY will line up salivating to buy it. It is Star Wars after all and some platforms are used to matchmaking rather than server lists and customisable gameplay.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week
9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 18:03 Gib007

DangerDog wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 17:09:
I think the goal with Star Wars is to obscure the data (unless there's a player count on the menu screen somewhere, I think Titanfall had one). The other aspect is you have to play the game the way they want it played, no tweaking kill count numbers for Team Deathmatch or Conquest so the matches last longer. They're even filling in the multiplayer with bots to give you a sense of a full server even when it could only have a few human players playing.

Just like Hardline it'll have a strong start but will die off quickly once people play through the content and grow tired of the maps. The lack of control over servers in Star Wars might actually speed the process up, just look at how fast Titanfall died as well.

This. That game will flop fast, I hate to say. Here's hoping they introduce proper server mechanics in the next iteration.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Act of Aggression
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Act of Aggression Sep 2, 2015, 19:40 Gib007

The only thing I didn't like is the limited resources. I know it's more realistic and it makes things more challenging, but it gets too hectic!  

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
31. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 14:11 Gib007

I've just read that I can ask for a refund from a pre-order within seven days of the game's release. I think I will do that now that I know there's no server browser.

That's purely laziness. The Battlelog infrastructure is there and all new Battlefield games seem to use it. Why not simply extend it to Star Wars: Battlefront so PC players are honoured to some extent? This is totally unacceptable.

[EDIT]: I just got my refund processed by talking to an EA Game Advisor. The guy was really nice and helpful and I managed to avert myself of the impending Star Wars: Battlefront disaster. I will buy this game again if it ever gets a Server Browser.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2015, 14:31.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 11, 2015, 17:38 Gib007

I love my LG Flatron 34UM95-P monitor. Working on a 3440x1440 monitor is insanely productive and gaming on it is brilliant with the FOV provided. I run it with two EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW cards in SLI. Runs anything really well in my experience.  

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
11. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 11:18 Gib007

Julio wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:18:
Gib007 wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 09:22:
The same kind of applies to the idea of bots roaming maps in place of human players. I used to love bots, but only because I had a 56kbps modem as an Internet connection

There are a couple of reasons why some of us want bots in the full game.

1) When EA shuts the servers down in a year and you want to play still
2) Less cheating
3) Sometimes you just don't want to play multiplayer with people

I get what you mean about the EA servers, but they won't last a mere year. We'll probably be looking at various full-price sequels when the servers finally shut down. Look at Battlefield 3 and 4 - those are still going VERY strongly. This is Star Wars merged with Battlefield - it'll last.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
1. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 09:22 Gib007

Did anyone really think this game would be identical to what it would have been 10 years ago? With the age of always-on, fast Internet access being commonplace, the likes of split-screen and LAN gaming are only a memory. The same kind of applies to the idea of bots roaming maps in place of human players. I used to love bots, but only because I had a 56kbps modem as an Internet connection and had to pay hourly to be online, with after 18:00 being "cheap rate". Nowadays with fibre optic Internet? Nah!

Having said that, I realise there are some features some people would have liked to see in this game, such as space battles, 64 player limit, prequel stuff, etc. Some of these things may come as DLC (yes, yes, I know, nowadays we pay double for a game if we want it complete, especially with EA). So far my only real disappointment is the 40 player limit.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 11, 2015, 15:07 Gib007

Normally, buying Bose or Beats just means you haven't really researched the topic of headphones properly. I have Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm headphones running through an amplifier on a Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR, which has the same Texas Instruments amplifier than some FiiO amplifiers have. I also modified the headphones with some Dynamat. Now THAT beats the crap out of Beats anytime of the day or night (pun intended).

And I always want to ask: MD or PhD?
Otherwise, GTFO.

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo