Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
72. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:38 Gib007

Well, no advantage for me in any case. I bought into Premium Beta and I've been avoiding Gamma to avoid being disappointed with the upcoming wipe. If that's not happening, I guess I wasted all these weeks on getting the leg up! Oh well, nevermind. I'll wait until official release anyway. You never know - a wipe MAY be deemed necessary at the last minute. Plus the release should in theory be a bit more stable than the Gamma.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 13:09 Gib007

KTR wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:45:
I guess Gamma is a new way of calling a release candidate.

Ever since the Greek alphabet!

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
62. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:46 Gib007

I really don't see a problem with this feature pull-out except perhaps in the principle of "they promised and now they're pulling that", but only on the principle, not the actual feature. As stated by some here, you can still log in with an Internet connection and play "Solo" in the online world, getting real-time data from the server for stuff that happens but effectively being alone with NPCs. This is in my opinion MUCH better than full-on offline "Solo", making the Universe that much more dynamic and susceptible to player actions as well as updates from developers.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Video
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Video Nov 14, 2014, 06:53 Gib007

I really enjoyed the first one. I never considered getting back into this. This looks awesome!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 13, 2014, 09:02 Gib007

I don't know why there is so much hate. This is a game that was Kickstarted MASSIVELY, became insanely popular and is now doing very, very well. It will probably be another two years until anything properly playable is out but with so much money and so much income, it'll materialise. Besides, they have stopped promising LARGE features so funding more won't necessarily push the release further back.

I know they made this system of "buy this ship and that ship to fund us further" and they haven't taken the system offline, but they are developing the game and with it, content such as ships. If people feel they want to pay more money into it, let them. If they don't, I'm sure they already have enough to develop the game fully anyway so no problem.

These million dollar milestones are just a formality now. It's people's faults they wish to pay more money into it. I stopped paying into it ages ago and am just waiting a couple of years for its release. Personally I don't care to read any of these letters from Chris Roberts or even talk of new stuff or new ships. I can't be bothered - the game is too far from release at the moment. I'll update myself fully a couple of months before final release (or during the Beta stage, whenever that is). For now, there's Elite Dangerous, which is awesome.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 18:47 Gib007

I use a TrackIR 5 with a Saitek X-55 HOTAS and it's an incredible experience playing Elite Dangerous Beta 3.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
7. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:21 Gib007

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:13:
Some games are just too damn old to play. Sorry, it's really hard to go back to dated graphics.

As much as I love everything Star Wars related, I have to agree with this. I couldn't get myself into it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
14. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 16:16 Gib007

mellis wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:53:
Elite Dangerous just exemplifies a well managed project with realistic deliverables and some stunning graphics. This Star Citizen seems farcical by comparison.

Much as I'm loving Elite Dangerous, wait for Star Citizen. Give it a few more years.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
51. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 17:44 Gib007

New GPUs don't look bad, but with my EVGA GTX 780 Classified, I can easily hold out until the next series of GPUs. The extra performance of the 900 series is neither ground-breaking or necessary in my system.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
28. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:05 Gib007

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:10:
Ah, this glorious, glorious scam continues to draw in more dollars. This will be an excellent case study some day, in some psychology program.

Not that I've spent a lot of money on this but how is it a scam? Once the game is out, it'll be fun to play and that's all she wrote. People CAN choose not to back it now and just wait for release. After all, I doubt they need more money anymore.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
20. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 15:58 Gib007

At what point does the game quit being entertainment and become a cult?

That would be $45,000,000 ago. I do support it though!

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
8. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 10:31 Gib007

YAY, A NEW PLANT! (sarcasm)  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
13. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 15:01 Gib007

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 14:54:
Gib007 wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 14:41:
Much as I love Elite Dangerous, just wait until Star Citizen has matured on to a Beta stage and beyond. It will crap on it. That's why I back both games. For Elite Dangerous, I bought Premium Beta. For Star Citizen, I bought the game along with the Origin 325a and then I bought a Cutlass and a Hornet.
You mean you HOPE it'll crap on it, hence the investment.

Assume all the features promised and all the mechanics promised will be in the game - it will be a much more immersive game. Investment-wise, I'm not bothered. In Gibraltar, we're swimming in it!

I currently see myself playing Elite Dangerous on the persistent Universe up to the day Star Citizen hits a stable mark on its own persistent Universe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
11. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 14:41 Gib007

Much as I love Elite Dangerous, just wait until Star Citizen has matured on to a Beta stage and beyond. It will crap on it. That's why I back both games. For Elite Dangerous, I bought Premium Beta. For Star Citizen, I bought the game along with the Origin 325a and then I bought a Cutlass and a Hornet.  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
4. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 10:05 Gib007

I'm guessing this will be the Battlefield 5 equivalent for October 2015. I'm fine with that. I really like both Battlefield and Battlefield Bad Company.  

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
35. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 15:26 Gib007

NOPE! Not having that, thanks. Played the Beta. 6 vs 6 with tiny maps that have no destruction doesn't sink in, in 2014.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
19. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 12:19 Gib007

Tried it. Sucks. I'm out.  

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
16. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:13 Gib007

PC Master Race cannot allow Mac OS X on the list. Bah!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 15:49 Gib007

Nothing wrong at all taking stuff from EVE Online to incorporate in the Persistent Universe. At the end of the day, EVE Online is a tremendous success with massive scale. Put it in the context of Elite Dangerous / Star Citizen and it becomes so deep, I might have to quit my job to play.  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
20. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 14:27 Gib007

I have to say that I didn't take Dead Island very seriously or paid much for it BUT I DID enjoy it. I enjoyed being able to literally flying-kick zombies in the face and having an open world to do it in. It was a decent game, though not worth full price at release, I admit. Dead Island 2 may prove just as fun.  

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo