Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 64 (Suspect)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
14. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 16:16 Gib007

mellis wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:53:
Elite Dangerous just exemplifies a well managed project with realistic deliverables and some stunning graphics. This Star Citizen seems farcical by comparison.

Much as I'm loving Elite Dangerous, wait for Star Citizen. Give it a few more years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
51. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 17:44 Gib007

New GPUs don't look bad, but with my EVGA GTX 780 Classified, I can easily hold out until the next series of GPUs. The extra performance of the 900 series is neither ground-breaking or necessary in my system.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
28. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:05 Gib007

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:10:
Ah, this glorious, glorious scam continues to draw in more dollars. This will be an excellent case study some day, in some psychology program.

Not that I've spent a lot of money on this but how is it a scam? Once the game is out, it'll be fun to play and that's all she wrote. People CAN choose not to back it now and just wait for release. After all, I doubt they need more money anymore.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
20. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 15:58 Gib007

At what point does the game quit being entertainment and become a cult?

That would be $45,000,000 ago. I do support it though!

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
8. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 10:31 Gib007

YAY, A NEW PLANT! (sarcasm)  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
13. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 15:01 Gib007

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 14:54:
Gib007 wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 14:41:
Much as I love Elite Dangerous, just wait until Star Citizen has matured on to a Beta stage and beyond. It will crap on it. That's why I back both games. For Elite Dangerous, I bought Premium Beta. For Star Citizen, I bought the game along with the Origin 325a and then I bought a Cutlass and a Hornet.
You mean you HOPE it'll crap on it, hence the investment.

Assume all the features promised and all the mechanics promised will be in the game - it will be a much more immersive game. Investment-wise, I'm not bothered. In Gibraltar, we're swimming in it!

I currently see myself playing Elite Dangerous on the persistent Universe up to the day Star Citizen hits a stable mark on its own persistent Universe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
11. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 14:41 Gib007

Much as I love Elite Dangerous, just wait until Star Citizen has matured on to a Beta stage and beyond. It will crap on it. That's why I back both games. For Elite Dangerous, I bought Premium Beta. For Star Citizen, I bought the game along with the Origin 325a and then I bought a Cutlass and a Hornet.  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
4. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 10:05 Gib007

I'm guessing this will be the Battlefield 5 equivalent for October 2015. I'm fine with that. I really like both Battlefield and Battlefield Bad Company.  

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
35. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 15:26 Gib007

NOPE! Not having that, thanks. Played the Beta. 6 vs 6 with tiny maps that have no destruction doesn't sink in, in 2014.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
19. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 12:19 Gib007

Tried it. Sucks. I'm out.  

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
16. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:13 Gib007

PC Master Race cannot allow Mac OS X on the list. Bah!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 15:49 Gib007

Nothing wrong at all taking stuff from EVE Online to incorporate in the Persistent Universe. At the end of the day, EVE Online is a tremendous success with massive scale. Put it in the context of Elite Dangerous / Star Citizen and it becomes so deep, I might have to quit my job to play.  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
20. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 14:27 Gib007

I have to say that I didn't take Dead Island very seriously or paid much for it BUT I DID enjoy it. I enjoyed being able to literally flying-kick zombies in the face and having an open world to do it in. It was a decent game, though not worth full price at release, I admit. Dead Island 2 may prove just as fun.  

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
4. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 11:48 Gib007

I loved Battlezone I and II myself. Indeed there has been nothing to replace it thus far, but it something did, or if they even made Battlezone III, everyone would think it was crap and the original was better. The market today is saturated and there's always the "sequel sucks" psychology.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
51. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 10:02 Gib007

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:19:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:

I think the flight model is very nice, but the controls are extremely limited. Space sims have always tried to shoehorn in atmospheric flight controls, which are limited to 3DOF in a 6DOF universe, ie. the joystick. The joystick alone is too limited. Plus, there's these gimbal weapons available which add 2 axis to control, so that's 8 total degrees of freedom required for full control.

I think the ideal setup is joystick(yaw, pitch, roll) + keyboard(up/down, left/right, front/back) for 6DOF, and head tracking(x, y) on the gimbal weapons or user interface. Of course, this would be a barrier to entry for many people, but it should be available.

Instead, we have some extremely limited control schemes. Joystick only (3DOF), mouse+keyboard (5DOF), and gamepad(don't know).

Well, keep in mind a POV hat can take into account 2 DOF extra on the joystick. For example, in Elite Dangerous, I use my POV hat for the vertical and lateral thrusters so I can move around a target. I plan to have this on Star Citizen as well. There's a lot to be said about TrackIR for situational awareness of simply looking around as well. I really miss it in Arena Commander's current state.

News Comments > New Tomb Raider Domains
2. Re: New Tomb Raider Domains Jun 9, 2014, 10:00 Gib007

I have to say I too really liked the recent "Tomb Raider". Well worth the money and will play again eventually. I look forward to a sequel if there is one.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
60. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 14:11 Gib007

Downloading at a blistering 153 kB/s as we speak. 20 hours left. YAY!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 13:34 Gib007

I'm a teacher. I have to work. This weekend, the next and the next!  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow Dec 16, 2013, 16:48 Gib007

Is AC4 better than AC3 then? I honestly had problems staying interested in AC3 - perhaps if I re-install and play again I'll get into it, I don't know. I bought it, played it a while and left it at that.

I own AC4 through the NVIDIA promotion after I bought a new GTX 780, but not yet installed it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 17:44 Gib007

verybad1 wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:37:
It's not a physics impossibility at all. A black hole has to be @10 times the mass of our sun in order to form. So long as the planet(s) are orbiting at a distance far enough from the black hole that they wouldn't be torn apart by a regular sun that size, then they could survive orbiting the black hole.

5.6 times the mass of the Sun, actually. Even more plausible!

64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo