Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 13:34 Gib007

I'm a teacher. I have to work. This weekend, the next and the next!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow Dec 16, 2013, 16:48 Gib007

Is AC4 better than AC3 then? I honestly had problems staying interested in AC3 - perhaps if I re-install and play again I'll get into it, I don't know. I bought it, played it a while and left it at that.

I own AC4 through the NVIDIA promotion after I bought a new GTX 780, but not yet installed it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 17:44 Gib007

verybad1 wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:37:
It's not a physics impossibility at all. A black hole has to be @10 times the mass of our sun in order to form. So long as the planet(s) are orbiting at a distance far enough from the black hole that they wouldn't be torn apart by a regular sun that size, then they could survive orbiting the black hole.

5.6 times the mass of the Sun, actually. Even more plausible!

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
49. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 19:00 Gib007

Have I missed something? What's wrong with BF4 in its current state besides a few tiny bugs (every game has them even in late stages of patching)? It never crashes for me and people don't seem to drop out of servers anymore for disconnections...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
63. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 18:22 Gib007

I foresee this game will hit double this amount by the time it's released. I'm glad to have contributed but I won't pay more than what I have thus far (about $50 as far as I remember). Maybe closer to release I'll be enticed to spend a little more.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 09:50 Gib007

I very rarely comment but on this occasion, I wanted to, to say "RIP" and to give you my sincerest condolences. I have a cat and I also call her my baby.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:41 Gib007

EU here, playing right now. Shops in Gibraltar do not care about release dates. They shelve stuff as soon as they receive stock. Bought a physical copy today (was available yesterday!) and used VPN to activate.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2013, 11:49 Gib007

11/7 here  

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jun 25, 2013, 13:16 Gib007

Not too keen to try these after the 320.19 screw-up. Those were utterly crap.  

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
50. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 09:28 Gib007

As long as this doesn't mean "if you don't own an AMD card, it will run like utter crap", then it's fine. I guess those with AMD cards totally equivalent to an NVIDIA counterpart (nothing is ever 100% equivalent either way) would get a handful more FPS.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Vengeance Announced
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Vengeance Announced Jun 18, 2013, 17:26 Gib007

Well this is new!!  

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
12. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 14:27 Gib007

EVEEEEEEEEEEEEE  

News Comments > EVE Online: Odyssey Launches
6. Re: EVE Online: Odyssey Launches Jun 5, 2013, 07:00 Gib007

Indeed, very much agreed. I'm loving the new stuff in Odyssey. The improved stargates and solar system jumping animation are fantastic. I love the new scanning UI as well. The hacking is also quite fun. Even if I get reduced income due to the chance-based "grab the cans as they fly and disappear", I'm risking a 20 million ISK Covert Ops frigate and not a 200 million ISK Pilgrim (which I needed before to deal with the NPCs in k-space sites). Overall I'm enjoying it very much. What I think they should have done is keep sites with ice needing proper scanning down.  

News Comments > EVE Online DDoS Attack
8. Re: EVE Online DDoS Attack Jun 2, 2013, 18:22 Gib007

We missed a Destroyer Fleet event today because of the downtime. Was not happy. But hey, I bet despite it not being CCP's fault, we'll get free Skill Points to compensate us for the downtime.  

News Comments > EVE Online: Odyssey Trailer
1. Re: EVE Online: Odyssey Trailer Jun 1, 2013, 08:11 Gib007

Looking forward to this expansion. Finally I'll be able to do LowSec exploration in a non-combat fitted Covert Ops frigate with the removal of NPCs in Data/Relic sites. Hated risking a 200 million ISK Pilgrim each time I went out.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers May 23, 2013, 17:09 Gib007

Running it without a hitch on two overclocked MSI Twin Frozr III GTX 570s in SLI. The process to upgrade drivers need to be (to avoid issues):

1. Ensure "NVIDIA" folder is deleted from drive C: root.
2. Uninstall any overclocking software (e.g. MSI Afterburner).
3. Uninstall current one from Control Panel. Reboot.
4. Uninstall anything left (e.g. HD Audio Driver). Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Use "Driver Sweeper" to scan for "NVIDIA - Display" and clean everything. Reboot into Normal Mode.
6. Install new drivers. Reboot.
7. Configure drivers to your liking (e.g. enable SLI).
8. Install any programs for overclocking (e.g. MSI Afterburner). Reboot if asked/recommended to do so.
9. Configure overclocking to your liking. Reboot for good measure.

If this is followed each and every time you upgrade drivers, you're guaranteed no problems. I've never even had issues with Beta drivers using this method. If problems are encountered, I suggest you look at either your card(s) or whatever mess Windows is in on your computer.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Console Editor
5. Re: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Console Editor May 23, 2013, 16:58 Gib007

No PC elitist comments yet, wow!
I'll make one. I remember the day when map editors were the realm of the mouse and keyboard on a PC. Consoles were just toys with no capabilities beyond some joypad gaming. Now we're the joke.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Launches
10. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Launches May 23, 2013, 16:19 Gib007

Running a pair of MSI Twin Frozr III GTX 570's in SLI (both overclocked to 900 MHz GPU and 4200 MHz VRAM) in a system with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Core i7-2600K overclocked to 4.5 GHz. Not a hitch, even with 3D Vision in the likes of Tomb Raider. Battlefield 3 plays wonderfully too. So does EVE Online. So yeah, I'm perfectly happy with it. I won't upgrade until there's a performance issue but having said that, something will trigger the "planned obsolescence" swtich at some point and I'll be forced to upgrade to feed these capitalist pigs.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
29. Re: Morning Mobilization May 20, 2013, 17:06 Gib007

So how does an 18-year-old get the equipment to physically be able to construct said prototype of a supercapacitor?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2013, 12:48 Gib007

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was good. I'm glad I bought it. The only gripe I have is the current inability to reset the outposts now that I've finished absolutely everything...  

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo