Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 57 (Suspect)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
4. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 10:05 Gib007

I'm guessing this will be the Battlefield 5 equivalent for October 2015. I'm fine with that. I really like both Battlefield and Battlefield Bad Company.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
35. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 15:26 Gib007

NOPE! Not having that, thanks. Played the Beta. 6 vs 6 with tiny maps that have no destruction doesn't sink in, in 2014.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
19. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 12:19 Gib007

Tried it. Sucks. I'm out.  

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
16. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:13 Gib007

PC Master Race cannot allow Mac OS X on the list. Bah!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 15:49 Gib007

Nothing wrong at all taking stuff from EVE Online to incorporate in the Persistent Universe. At the end of the day, EVE Online is a tremendous success with massive scale. Put it in the context of Elite Dangerous / Star Citizen and it becomes so deep, I might have to quit my job to play.  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
20. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 14:27 Gib007

I have to say that I didn't take Dead Island very seriously or paid much for it BUT I DID enjoy it. I enjoyed being able to literally flying-kick zombies in the face and having an open world to do it in. It was a decent game, though not worth full price at release, I admit. Dead Island 2 may prove just as fun.  

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
4. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 11:48 Gib007

I loved Battlezone I and II myself. Indeed there has been nothing to replace it thus far, but it something did, or if they even made Battlezone III, everyone would think it was crap and the original was better. The market today is saturated and there's always the "sequel sucks" psychology.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
51. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 10:02 Gib007

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:19:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:

I think the flight model is very nice, but the controls are extremely limited. Space sims have always tried to shoehorn in atmospheric flight controls, which are limited to 3DOF in a 6DOF universe, ie. the joystick. The joystick alone is too limited. Plus, there's these gimbal weapons available which add 2 axis to control, so that's 8 total degrees of freedom required for full control.

I think the ideal setup is joystick(yaw, pitch, roll) + keyboard(up/down, left/right, front/back) for 6DOF, and head tracking(x, y) on the gimbal weapons or user interface. Of course, this would be a barrier to entry for many people, but it should be available.

Instead, we have some extremely limited control schemes. Joystick only (3DOF), mouse+keyboard (5DOF), and gamepad(don't know).

Well, keep in mind a POV hat can take into account 2 DOF extra on the joystick. For example, in Elite Dangerous, I use my POV hat for the vertical and lateral thrusters so I can move around a target. I plan to have this on Star Citizen as well. There's a lot to be said about TrackIR for situational awareness of simply looking around as well. I really miss it in Arena Commander's current state.

News Comments > New Tomb Raider Domains
2. Re: New Tomb Raider Domains Jun 9, 2014, 10:00 Gib007

I have to say I too really liked the recent "Tomb Raider". Well worth the money and will play again eventually. I look forward to a sequel if there is one.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
60. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 14:11 Gib007

Downloading at a blistering 153 kB/s as we speak. 20 hours left. YAY!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 13:34 Gib007

I'm a teacher. I have to work. This weekend, the next and the next!  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow Dec 16, 2013, 16:48 Gib007

Is AC4 better than AC3 then? I honestly had problems staying interested in AC3 - perhaps if I re-install and play again I'll get into it, I don't know. I bought it, played it a while and left it at that.

I own AC4 through the NVIDIA promotion after I bought a new GTX 780, but not yet installed it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 17:44 Gib007

verybad1 wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:37:
It's not a physics impossibility at all. A black hole has to be @10 times the mass of our sun in order to form. So long as the planet(s) are orbiting at a distance far enough from the black hole that they wouldn't be torn apart by a regular sun that size, then they could survive orbiting the black hole.

5.6 times the mass of the Sun, actually. Even more plausible!

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
49. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 19:00 Gib007

Have I missed something? What's wrong with BF4 in its current state besides a few tiny bugs (every game has them even in late stages of patching)? It never crashes for me and people don't seem to drop out of servers anymore for disconnections...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
63. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 18:22 Gib007

I foresee this game will hit double this amount by the time it's released. I'm glad to have contributed but I won't pay more than what I have thus far (about $50 as far as I remember). Maybe closer to release I'll be enticed to spend a little more.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 09:50 Gib007

I very rarely comment but on this occasion, I wanted to, to say "RIP" and to give you my sincerest condolences. I have a cat and I also call her my baby.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:41 Gib007

EU here, playing right now. Shops in Gibraltar do not care about release dates. They shelve stuff as soon as they receive stock. Bought a physical copy today (was available yesterday!) and used VPN to activate.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2013, 11:49 Gib007

11/7 here  

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jun 25, 2013, 13:16 Gib007

Not too keen to try these after the 320.19 screw-up. Those were utterly crap.  

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
50. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 09:28 Gib007

As long as this doesn't mean "if you don't own an AMD card, it will run like utter crap", then it's fine. I guess those with AMD cards totally equivalent to an NVIDIA counterpart (nothing is ever 100% equivalent either way) would get a handful more FPS.  

57 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo