Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gib007

Real Name Gib007   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 13, 2012, 12:31
Total Comments 81 (Suspect)
User ID 57393

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
32. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 16:51 Gib007

Well I bought mine from CJS CDKeys, so I hope that isn't a problem. However, ironically if they deactivated mine, it would have zero impact on my gaming because of how broken 21:9 FOV is anyway! I wouldn't be happy, of course not, since I paid about 28 for it, but hey, I'm not happy with Far Cry 4 now, hahaha.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 17:13 Gib007

Elite Dangerous is certainly in desperate need of more multiplayer functionality and interactivity, ala EVE Online if possible please!  

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
62. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 17:10 Gib007

I always thought Windows 8 was utter crap but ever since my new UEFI motherboard decided to force me to buy Windows, and Microsoft forced 8.1 on me, I'm actually quite happy with it. I of course bought Start8 for $4. I personally will be happy to upgrade to Windows 10, even if I have to pay for the upgrade from 8.1  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
10. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 16:18 Gib007

I would happily vote Far Cry 4 if only they moved their arses and fixed the insanely bad 21:9 FOV...  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
38. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 14:12 Gib007

If GTA IV is anything to go by, GTA V on the PC will take the top supercomputers from the next decade to make it run smooth as butter at top settings. SPAGHETTI CODE, HERE WE COME!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 14:11 Gib007

I'm glad they did well financially. The game has insane potential, but it really hasn't been met in its current state. They REALLY need to pump up the multiplayer aspect of it and take a good several dozen pages from EVE Online, as much as they can. If they need to offer a fourth mode with a subscription plan, go for it - as long as they really get that multiplayer going!

At the moment I find the game too easy. I sold my free Eagle, mined Platinum, Palladium and Gold for a while in the Sidewinder, upgraded to a Viper, mined some more, upgraded to a Cobra and moved to an Anarchy system. Collected a few million in bounties, upgraded the Cobra to death, collected some more, bought a Lakon Type 6 Transporter, upgraded it and now doing trade runs for 250,000 per round trip with only 4 jumps in-between stations with 100 cargo.

Got to a point where I've earned a few million, with both my ships nice and upgraded, and see no point in continuing as I know there's nothing in it for me later besides perhaps buying a Python or Anaconda and upgrading that too. What then? Shoot more AI ships for bounties? Do more trade runs? Explore the semi-seeded copy-pasted star systems in the outskirts of the galaxy? What then?

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2015, 14:19.

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
32. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 19:05 Gib007

What they need to do is give us 21:9 monitor players proper FOV control. It's embarrassing that 16:9 has more FOV than 21:9...  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 18:58 Gib007

I have a heavily upgraded Cobra MK III and a Lakon Type 6 with 100 cargo. A trade route with 4 jumps in-between is making me 257,000 per round trip. But ultimately, I play and play and I ask myself, "What's the point?". Elite Dangerous is missing too much to make it more than a "proof of concept of 400 billion star systems".  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2014, 16:41 Gib007

Very frustrating that I can't play Far Cry 4 after I upgraded monitor to an 3440x1440 21:9 one. Ubisoft suddenly added support for 21:9 monitors and took away FOV control. It's insane that 16:9 gives much more FOV than 21:9...  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline "Karma" Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Dec 24, 2014, 09:01 Gib007

Slick wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 20:15:
trailer was meh.

#1) i'll never understand people who put 1000 hours into MP, and never touch SP, aka all of my friends. They'll say how bored they are and wish there were new maps, i'll casually point out that there's the other HALF of the content this game has in SP, and they'll laugh, like that is the most crazy thing anyone could think of doing.

If you can't have random keyboard warriors playing with you insult your mum, you're not playing it right.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
72. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:38 Gib007

Well, no advantage for me in any case. I bought into Premium Beta and I've been avoiding Gamma to avoid being disappointed with the upcoming wipe. If that's not happening, I guess I wasted all these weeks on getting the leg up! Oh well, nevermind. I'll wait until official release anyway. You never know - a wipe MAY be deemed necessary at the last minute. Plus the release should in theory be a bit more stable than the Gamma.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 13:09 Gib007

KTR wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:45:
I guess Gamma is a new way of calling a release candidate.

Ever since the Greek alphabet!

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
62. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:46 Gib007

I really don't see a problem with this feature pull-out except perhaps in the principle of "they promised and now they're pulling that", but only on the principle, not the actual feature. As stated by some here, you can still log in with an Internet connection and play "Solo" in the online world, getting real-time data from the server for stuff that happens but effectively being alone with NPCs. This is in my opinion MUCH better than full-on offline "Solo", making the Universe that much more dynamic and susceptible to player actions as well as updates from developers.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Video
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Video Nov 14, 2014, 06:53 Gib007

I really enjoyed the first one. I never considered getting back into this. This looks awesome!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 13, 2014, 09:02 Gib007

I don't know why there is so much hate. This is a game that was Kickstarted MASSIVELY, became insanely popular and is now doing very, very well. It will probably be another two years until anything properly playable is out but with so much money and so much income, it'll materialise. Besides, they have stopped promising LARGE features so funding more won't necessarily push the release further back.

I know they made this system of "buy this ship and that ship to fund us further" and they haven't taken the system offline, but they are developing the game and with it, content such as ships. If people feel they want to pay more money into it, let them. If they don't, I'm sure they already have enough to develop the game fully anyway so no problem.

These million dollar milestones are just a formality now. It's people's faults they wish to pay more money into it. I stopped paying into it ages ago and am just waiting a couple of years for its release. Personally I don't care to read any of these letters from Chris Roberts or even talk of new stuff or new ships. I can't be bothered - the game is too far from release at the moment. I'll update myself fully a couple of months before final release (or during the Beta stage, whenever that is). For now, there's Elite Dangerous, which is awesome.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 18:47 Gib007

I use a TrackIR 5 with a Saitek X-55 HOTAS and it's an incredible experience playing Elite Dangerous Beta 3.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
7. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:21 Gib007

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:13:
Some games are just too damn old to play. Sorry, it's really hard to go back to dated graphics.

As much as I love everything Star Wars related, I have to agree with this. I couldn't get myself into it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
14. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 16:16 Gib007

mellis wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:53:
Elite Dangerous just exemplifies a well managed project with realistic deliverables and some stunning graphics. This Star Citizen seems farcical by comparison.

Much as I'm loving Elite Dangerous, wait for Star Citizen. Give it a few more years.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
51. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 17:44 Gib007

New GPUs don't look bad, but with my EVGA GTX 780 Classified, I can easily hold out until the next series of GPUs. The extra performance of the 900 series is neither ground-breaking or necessary in my system.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
28. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:05 Gib007

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:10:
Ah, this glorious, glorious scam continues to draw in more dollars. This will be an excellent case study some day, in some psychology program.

Not that I've spent a lot of money on this but how is it a scam? Once the game is out, it'll be fun to play and that's all she wrote. People CAN choose not to back it now and just wait for release. After all, I doubt they need more money anymore.

81 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo