Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eric the Worm

Real Name Eric the Worm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slippy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.lnrsoftware.com
Signed On Apr 6, 2012, 22:06
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 57389

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
6. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Jan 31, 2013, 22:39 Slippy

Got to chime in here...
When D3 first came out I was all for it (even with all the draw backs).

Then after about 3-4 months, I lost interest only playing a little every month or so.

Recently, I've gotten back into it and actually enjoy the game more now than I did when I first started. The changes they have made have been for the better for the most part and, although it's not D2, it is starting to fall into it's own.

I've actually found that I enjoy Hardcore characters more than non-hardcore. It adds a completely new element to the game. I have a lvl 19 wizard currently in Hardcore and I'm just taking it nice and slow and enjoying the game. If I want carnage and fast game play, I load up my lvl 60 Barb which I've almost completed inferno solo with. Started finding my first Set items and Legendries... which has been great.

OK, you guys can flame me now... Dozey

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
48. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 6, 2012, 08:03 Slippy

zombiefan wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 21:49:
Slippy wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 20:21:
xornand wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 20:03:
That was a very nice comment to make about the father of the 1st Person Shooter.

You need to read up on your history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-person_shooter

John Carmack is *not* the father of the first person shooter.

WHAT? That um, kind of like, just proves my point...

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
44. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 4, 2012, 20:21 Slippy

xornand wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 20:03:
John Carmack looks like Jeffery Dahmer.
John, do everyone a favor, go dig a hole and die in it.
That was a very nice comment to make about the father of the 1st Person Shooter.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
67. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated] Jul 25, 2012, 20:47 Slippy

FYI, the Barb exploit posted on Battle.net the other day WORKS. I tried it out last night and was surprised that it actually does give you huge LOH. Fortunately, Im not far enough in Inferno diff to make use of it yet... if they don't patch before the weekend I will take full advantage of it and reach 'end game' by Sunday. Basically, the more you fight the more invincible you are. I personally like exploits... it makes games more fun!  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
67. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 22:12 Slippy

ironically, there must be a curse on version 3 stuff... this is exactly what happened with D&D 3rd edition. I like it now but, they tried to hard to 'standardize' the system... as a result you had less options and I think the same is true here. I want items that offer things I have never seen on an item before. Not like a jump from Resist All +20 to Resist All +40 but an item that says 'Everytime you kill a monster you will be granted a cumulative +20% magic find, cause bleed damage for +30% damage over 2 sec, all enemies killed will explode causing +80% damage over a 10 yard radius, increased move speed of +40%, accumulate no damage to gear and will have four arms resulting in a double of attacks speed for 120 seconds'.

That would be unusual, surprising and awesome... it would definately keep me playing after level 60...

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
95. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 6, 2012, 18:43 Slippy

jason_deluxe wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 09:55:
I show up on a blues thread about a highly contraversal RMAH in my beloved Diablo franchise and I get a totally unsolicited therapy session by some formerly abused child.

Who knew?

Crazy world.
And I don't charge a thing...

93. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 5, 2012, 19:44 Slippy

Josiah Gibbs wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 19:38:
yeah but bro, you just described the very definition of entitlement :p

"correct it immediately"! ...thats exactly the attitude that the word entitlement refers to in relation to customer support issues...

to take it to the level of the FBI without 48 hours having even passed is exactly what these cats are getting at dawg!

why not check with Blizzard Technical Support and small claims court in California first before going for the national jugular?

hell doesn't Judge Judy have jurisdiction over inter-state commerce?

she could review this case so that Special Agent Fox Mulder can be left undisturbed... because having his mental energies taxed by this fluff will ultimately lead to our national demise... he needs to figure out where the aliens took his sister because they may eventually return for the rest of us!

Probably one of the funniest and most accurate retorts I've read in ages! Cheers! Allthumbsup

Entitlement became popular when Dr.Spock first started telling parents not to physically discipline their children.

What followed? Every kid that was physically disciplined called ‘the hotline’ on their parents and ended up with the power to put their own mother and father in jail because they were disobeying rules that were there for their benefit and safety in the first place. If I talked back to my dad he’d smack me with the buckle end of his belt… and you know what... I respect authority because of it and don’t expect everything to be handed to me on a proverbial silver platter. If I want something, I was taught to work for it and if I still don’t get it, I learned to work harder. I’m the COO of a company now and you wouldn’t believe the work ethics of anyone under 30... hell even the 30 year olds barely squeak by.

Now we have those same entitlement mentality kids old enough to have their own kids and wonder why little Johnny who is only 4 is eating Tide packets... Discipline your kids and they won’t be eating soap packets! Instead, what happens, they file a lawsuit against the manufacturer because the little soap packets are pretty and look like candy to kids... WTF is wrong with everyone. OK, maybe a bit off topic... lol.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2012, 19:53.

89. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 4, 2012, 02:27 Slippy

I agree... after reading post #87... I also see an idiot.  

86. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 20:18 Slippy

I read the original post on the guy that threw down $200.00 after changing regions and I do have to say that I feel his pain. I would assume Bliz will make it right with him (if for any other reason just to avoid the bad press)... but it got me thinking...

Wouldn't it be nice to just have a software developer tell it like it is? I think there would be a totally different attitude toward Blizzard if, during development, they had a really cool Community Manager that just said, "Why are we putting a Real Money Auction House in Diablo 3? Because there is a butt load of money to make and we think it would be an awesome additon to the game. If it doesn't work out and the community hates it? We'll shut it off. We'll make more than enough money in the short time that it IS up to cover the development costs so it will be a failed venture with no real monitary loss... nuff said."

Personally, I would respect that.

The Terms of Service should be just as straight forward...
"If you are planning to change regions, ensure your account balance is $0.00. Due to the possibility of money laundering though our system we can't allow account balances to transfer from one region to another... you have been warned! Don't do anything stupid like this!"

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2012, 20:23.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
255. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 28, 2012, 14:24 Slippy

Not ALL Western Society... Just some of it. That would be like assuming all Europeans have bad teeth... Beam  

251. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 28, 2012, 11:16 Slippy

I received my first sms spam the other day on my BlackBerry. This was one or two days BEFORE I signed up for the mobile auth though... maybe just a coincidence?  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
88. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 28, 2012, 11:13 Slippy

Yeah the part where Cain dies is a little to 'Disney-Evil' for me.  

249. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 27, 2012, 13:51 Slippy

OK, but I'm still confused even with this post(s)... If I understand what it is saying correctly, they HAVE had customers accounts compromised that use an authenticator (OK I got that). But the post from the Blizzard dude said that the MSInfo files showed that they're system was littered with virus, malware and (possibly) file share programs... If that is the case, the authenticator WON'T protect you... so what is the point?

Am I to assume that you guys are saying that it is Blizzards responsibility to ensure customer accounts are not able to be compromised regardless of how careless the user is?

Just asking so that I am on the same page...

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
86. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 27, 2012, 01:23 Slippy

Just finished Normal (I know I'm slow) in about 38 hours of play time... that's uncovering every stone through the first two acts then rushing a bit through 3 and 4. Story's not bad IMO, act 4 did seem shorter than the rest... but it was long enough that I was satisfied. I think the toughest part about the story was that they whole game is so 'epic' that the ending would have to of been anything short of a revelation to have compared to the basic story. I like how they tried to spin the nephilim though... they were Godless evil bastard off-spring of angels and humans in the Bible but Diablo 3 tries to make them sound like the good guys... lol... and people thought 'spin' was only for Bill O'Riley to tackel!  

247. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 26, 2012, 12:39 Slippy

Just posted this on bnet...

I would imagine there's no way this is a client side issue...

but today I accidently (followed up by tests on my end to ensure I wasn't loosing my mind) logged into D3 with cap locks on. That means it's not case sensitve. If this is the case (no pun intended) it would make brute force attacks much more effective.

**** Nevermind, I guess, based on another poster Blizzard doesn't use case sensitive passwords... that, I don't agree with... but, each his own I guess.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 12:51.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
146. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 24, 2012, 23:03 Slippy

I assume this is a newly added feature...

I just logged in and there is a button to restore recently deleted characters!

This couldn't have come at a better time, my 5 year old son just deleted his 25th level monk today... He'll be so happy in the morning!

145. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 24, 2012, 21:40 Slippy

Prez wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:28:
(don’t even start to beat the offline single player dead horse, that's a seperate issue from what we are discussing here)

A dead horse? WHERE?? Bat

The smiley makes it Prez... LMAO! +5 Bat of Dead Horse Beating... LOL!

143. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 24, 2012, 20:39 Slippy

Dev wrote on May 24, 2012, 09:46:
Slippy wrote on May 24, 2012, 08:42:
Dev wrote on May 24, 2012, 01:55:
You must not read tech news sites or blues enough. There's been cases of nvidia drivers screwing up with the fan control on nvidia cards and heating themselves into perma hardware failure (you'd think video card companies would do minimal testing on a new video card driver , say by playing a game with them to see if they melt?). Nvidia even offered to replace cards that had that happened to them.

It would be incredibly unusual, I agree, but it does NOT have to be physical problems.
How is a fan not running NOT a physical problem? I know what you are getting at though... still that would be an extream exception and not a problem resultant from Blizzard. The way he wrote his original post made it sound like computer hardware is made of gel caps and choco-puffs.
Because its a software controlled fan that they screwed up in a driver release?

um... I said, 'I know what you are getting at though...' remember (quote above for reference, lol)?

But if you must know... obviously the printouts for said code that was to be written into that driver release was sitting on one coders desk by the name of Edwin Smith who was having his morning coffee and spilled his java on the pages for the code before entering it. Embarrassed and intimidated by his direct supervisor, one Janice Popngot, he chose to enter the code as is and make a ‘best guess' on the illegible code. This resulted in the fan failure referenced... Coffee stained Dunder Mifflin 20 weight 92 brightness copy paper is obviously a PHYSICAL thing... therefore, still physical.

BUT ANYWAYS... On the authorization service offered by Bliz...
How in the world can you guys complain about it or the fact that they are offering the service to help secure accounts and pushing for it’s use? This is the same service that most banks use (including the little key fob) and Blizzard is not charging anything for the service save the fob (which MOST banks do to). Now I don’t know about you guys but I take the security of my bank account far more seriously than my Blizzard account. The fact that they (a game publisher for God’s sake) are providing this service to try and help keep their customers accounts safe shows their level of commitment to security IMO. Does it guarantee safety? No, as I said before, nothing can do that. But it offers a free extra level of protection that is above and beyond what most game companies are offering.

With regard to the security of the code, remember this is a game… not a program that performs a single transaction like a bank would use. Everytime something is encrypted it takes time and processor power to decrypt. If they would have encrypted every single client/server transaction you guys would be complaining about performance… there’s no winning I suppose (don’t even start to beat the offline single player dead horse, that's a seperate issue from what we are discussing here). Rolleyes2

124. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 24, 2012, 08:42 Slippy

Dev wrote on May 24, 2012, 01:55:
You must not read tech news sites or blues enough. There's been cases of nvidia drivers screwing up with the fan control on nvidia cards and heating themselves into perma hardware failure (you'd think video card companies would do minimal testing on a new video card driver , say by playing a game with them to see if they melt?). Nvidia even offered to replace cards that had that happened to them.

It would be incredibly unusual, I agree, but it does NOT have to be physical problems.
How is a fan not running NOT a physical problem? I know what you are getting at though... still that would be an extream exception and not a problem resultant from Blizzard. The way he wrote his original post made it sound like computer hardware is made of gel caps and choco-puffs.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
51. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 24, 2012, 00:00 Slippy

OK, just for the record... I went ahead and added the mobile auth and SMS messaging (no cost except standard messaging fees from your mobile phone company)... If I end up getting hacked... I'll let you guys know...  

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo