Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Dooley

Real Name John Dooley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonjonz
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description yadda yadda, woof woof
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2012, 12:13
Total Comments 53 (Suspect)
User ID 57379

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2014, 07:36 Jonjonz

Jumpers annoy me in any game, but GW2 is a whole game world built around jumpers fantasy, that anyone gives a hoot about their mad skillz.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
59. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 07:50 Jonjonz

Refreshing to see a successful game house not get wrapped up in ego tripping on "our next game is gonna make you it's bitch" fantasies and instead keep on polishing the gem that has been feeding them for ages while satisfying millions of paying customers.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2014, 07:55.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week Sep 24, 2014, 07:33 Jonjonz

If you like console platform jumping games mashed together with free for all open world follow the mob to the next timed event, hurry on down! If your new to MMO's try WOW's free to level 20 trail, if you want the real deal.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
32. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 24, 2014, 07:29 Jonjonz

Very very bad web site, too lame to even show a in game vid.  

News Comments > TOXIKK Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: TOXIKK Gameplay Trailer Sep 21, 2014, 07:30 Jonjonz

Another entry making the mistake that hi-rez graphics will make up for boring same old same old been done to death death match.

There is nothing new here. There is a reason games like Minecraft and World of Warcraft are the top dogs in their product markets, and it is NOT hi rez graphics.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 18, 2014, 07:32 Jonjonz

Farcebook is missing the boat here, they should play this like a F2P game, ie, basic Farcebook is free, but if you want various status enchancements to your page, privacy etc, it's time to sell packs that might include a chance to win one of these features.

This other site will fail because whales base quite a bit of their enjoyment of their massive cash shopping on being OP and lording it over the F2P peons.

News Comments > ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy
24. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 07:53 Jonjonz

PACKS, any game that sells packs is usually a missive ripoff designed to milk whales, and antagonize everyone else.

Look at those prices, and people wonder why WOW is still king of the hill, its' called value. You may drop a couple of hundred bucks getting into Wow for 1 year with all the expansions, but your getting top shelf content, that you can enjoy without having to spend another 200 for gear.

News Comments > Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions
4. Re: Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions Sep 12, 2014, 07:38 Jonjonz

Companies are starting to realize that in the long run catering to a handful of whales just decimates the player base eventually, as most people have too much sense to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a video game.  

News Comments > Another Diablo III Season Exploit
5. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 07:37 Jonjonz

This is getting to be a sad trend from game publishers, letting cheaters get away with exploits.

It turns every game it touches into a pathetic version of post nuclear war savagery, or simple minded mob mentality, like the tools that ransacked the local Wal Mart in New Orleans back when the flood happened.

The more this happens, the less I am inclined to play these games.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
19. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 5, 2014, 07:27 Jonjonz

Nothing lowers my respect for game companies than when they patch glitches, but let those who benefited from it, keep their gains, especially when knowing that the company's logs can easily identify those who glitched.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 08:35 Jonjonz

Bad Movie Summer...

two reasons:

1. Ticket prices are no longer in line with peoples income. Movies now are a bad value proposition. $10 to be entertained for 1 hour, no thanks.

2. Games are where the big bucks are now, and for the most part they don't involve layers of fat-cat execs and overpaid actors like movies do.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2014, 08:01 Jonjonz

Jay was always straight up gag humor accessible to your average Joe Lunchbucket, while Dave's takes on the human condition required a certain minimal intelligence quotient to appreciate.

Dave was/is a class act, well played.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe System
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe System Mar 26, 2014, 07:37 Jonjonz

Just confirms my decision to leave this 'game' ages ago.

Animated digital paper dolls.

News Comments > Funcom Financials Fall
9. Re: Funcom Financials Fall Mar 6, 2014, 08:01 Jonjonz

I have played many of the MMO's out there, and AO was by far the best experience. Thanks to it's primitive graphics (compared to state of the art today), one could play multiple characters (multi-box ect.) very smoothly. Shame they let it go mostly fallow. Would not be surprised if they shutter AO before the 'real soon now' graphics update sees the light of day.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2014, 14:12 Jonjonz

Hail to the King, Baby!

Funny you posted today about two games that I loved, had their day in the sun, but never realized a better future for themselves, Duke Nukem and Anarchy Online. (see your article about Funcom's financial reporting problem.)

Duke threw new twists and turns into the emerging FPS genre while maintaining a fun, irreverent atmosphere. AO for a while gave us a rich Sci-Fi alternative MMORPG to the cookie cutter fantasy based WOW and it's many wannabees. Both companies lost interest in moving these games into the future and seemed content at their brief successes. Serendipity, or Fate?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Edge of the Mists Trailer
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Edge of the Mists Trailer Jan 29, 2014, 14:00 Jonjonz

I got a good year and a half out of my purchase, but between putting undue resources into jumping puzzles I could care less about, and total failure at keeping WvW lagfree and accessible, I left a while ago. A new WvW map does not get my juices going. The vids still show plenty of lag even with just a few characters on screen, and the devs continue to show they just don't get WvW and how to keep it accessible and lag free at the same time. You either can't get in, or if you do, unless your running a topflight system and have top shelf broadband, it turns into a slide show during group play.

If they ever manage to get the balance right, I would return.

News Comments > Funcom's Finances Investigated
2. Re: Funcom's Finances Investigated Jan 29, 2014, 13:40 Jonjonz

I hope this is not evidence of intentional wrongdoing at Funcom, but simply the usual tawdry politically motivated shakedown aimed at them.

I played Anarchy Online for a long time, and mourn that Funcom decided to move on to new games while starving AO of resources and moving it into the limbo of the MMORPG equivalent of an Intensive Care Unit.

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Early Access
2. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Early Access Nov 19, 2013, 07:14 Jonjonz

Looks like that pay to win chestnut battlefield heros with player created maps (castles). Good to see that the children of the 1% have such things to keep them amused.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 13, 2013, 07:09 Jonjonz

This morning when I turned on my computer I was greeted with two
updates, one for Firefox and one for Flash.

One of them managed to delete my installation of AVG antivirus and
installed McAfee instead.

I can't tell which was responsible, but beware and read the fine print.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Next Week
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Next Week Nov 6, 2013, 05:18 Jonjonz

This mmo started repeating itself months ago and burned me out on it. I don't touch it any more, and see no point in further coverage here.

The final straw for me was their screwy attitude concerning WVW, lopsided match ups are simply lame, but built in to the current design. Top that off with Grindy daily and monthly todo lists, and a new gear grind, and you might as well be playing any other Asian cash shop based grind fest.

It is a total lie that you can drop it and come back later, once you fall behind in achievement points, you are a leper, and will be ostracized at worst or treated as a noob at best, good luck with that.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2013, 05:25.

53 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo