Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mellis

Real Name mellis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mellis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 19, 2012, 14:03
Total Comments 125 (Novice)
User ID 57372

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced
5. Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 14:47 mellis

Even if it's crap, it'll be better than the movie  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2016, 09:04 mellis

This scummy little Hawaiian company only pressed the suit after Facebook bought Oculus. The had every opportunity to bring their case prior to this, but entirely failed to do so.

Facebook may have billions in the bank but it seems morally wrong that they should have to pay anything to these cash grabbing thieves. I hope they bankrupt them and get awarded damages.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
6. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 14:27 mellis

The movie was terrible. Seems dropping Force Awakens themed DLC at least doesn't associate this lacklustre title with the pile of theatrical faeces.  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
8. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 16, 2015, 17:41 mellis

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:34:
$50 for the pre-order?? Game looks great but I'm going to wait till its cheaper.

50 USD? You pay more than the UK - it was 29.99 GBP (44 USD) here or 23.99 GBP (35.97 USD) if you've got Homeworld Remastered already in your steam library.

Game looks pretty cool tho - air units more like Total Annihilation and not like most RTS's where they are land units suspended 10 meters above the ground.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 1, 2015, 14:53 mellis

That GTA mod is pretty insane. The initial bit where they're fighting in the rain on the freeway is truly a double take moment. It looked like something out of Heat/The Wire  

News Comments > The Witness Trailer
2. Re: The Witness Trailer Nov 20, 2015, 11:49 mellis

There is wind because there are waves, yet the trees are stock still...  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2015, 22:49 mellis

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 21:13:
Ridley has lost it. And in other redonkulous news Ryan Gosling is set to star in Blade Runner 2. *sigh* Fuck you Hollywood. Seriously.

Ryan Gosling's not really a bad actor. He does the slightly deranged psycho quite well (That low budget movie where he was a motorcycle rider who went on a bank robbing spree). Quite appropriate for a replicant.

The problem - as is always the case in these days - is that the story will be a tepid, hole filled mess that no actor could save.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
14. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 21:21 mellis

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 20:56:
Sure they have an excuse, it's an engine for consoles. They could make a new engine but why? The consoles wouldn't be able to handle the games.

Nail, meet head

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
33. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 11:27 mellis

Well, the easiest thing to do is ask him if the allegations are true at whatever the next open forum is. And if they are, who picked up the tab? The business or himself.

If he says it was him and it later transpires that the company (aka the backers) footed the bill for first class flights and a private chef, well...

Regardless of what you may think of Derek Smart personality and reporting style, Star Citizen has delivered very little in the way of substance and the rumours abound of financial mismanagement and inadequate leadership.

There is no smoke without fire.

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
30. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 09:18 mellis

Here's something you might find interesting; Chris Roberts was over in the UK last year for a number of months for work related to Star Citizen. He allegedly flew first class, hired a house in London *and* installed a private chef while he was there (even though food was provided).

Basically; Star Citizen money is going on letting Mr Roberts live the lifestyle of a Star.

Anyone knows Derek Smart, getting him to pose that titbit to Chris Roberts.

News Comments > Infinity: Battlescape Video; Kickstarter Plans
4. Re: Infinity: Battlescape Video; Kickstarter Plans Oct 19, 2015, 14:37 mellis

Looks very much like the result of a panic in the wake of Frontier Studios "Elite: Dangerous - Horizons" planet landing videos. Trying to get in there and milk the Kickstarter teat before the competition beats them to the punch. Even their space-ship looks like it's from Elite...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: No Windows 10 for me Oct 13, 2015, 21:02 mellis

Windows 10 is pretty awesome. Rock solid, few minor quirks with the start menu (can use Start10 from Stardock if you want though) and if you push the boat out and install on an SSD it's insanely fast. Almost instant on (well ~1 min) from cold boot.

Nice stuff is that the built in drivers (especially multi-media ones like Bluetooth) are way better than Windows 7. Pretty slick experience - recommend a clean install though.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
23. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 11:31 mellis

Slashman wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:14:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:10:
So they're still tweaking explosions but Squadron 42 is still coming out this year, right

It'll be in your stocking for Christmas.

What? like a poo at the bottom?

News Comments > Astroneer Announced
2. Re: No Man's Sky Oct 7, 2015, 18:34 mellis

ELITE wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 18:27:
Ohhhh No Man's Sky! er No Man's Lander?

But with some gameplay by the looks of things...

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
5. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 11:18 mellis

InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:52:
How the fuck can they beat Microsoft's lobby? No way they can. And even if they do get developers on board, Microsoft can simply choose to disable any support for Vulcan on Windows machines. Game over.

Microsoft won't do this.

ShadyPete wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 10:15:
DX is the new Glide.. it's days are numbered

The problem with all these low-level technologies is that they require ongoing support from all participants. Even if it catches on, can the technology be guaranteed to be supported 5-10 years down the line?

Like it or not, Microsoft *will* be supporting and upgrading DirectX (or whatever permutation exists in the future) and its massive OS footprint means that vendors will support DirectX and that software will be written with DirectX in mind. It's doubtful the same will happen for Vulkan...

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
35. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 14:44 mellis

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 09:59:
I will never understand why "artists" feel they're entitled to work once and get paid forever because of it. The world would grind to a halt if everyone worked the same way.

Completely agree. These guys aren't creating something from scratch (like an Author or inventor), they're paid a fee for their skill set. Same as any other industry (apart from the film industry).

If I conceive of something that is ultimately wildly successful (such as - say - Grand Theft Auto) and I hire others to realize my vision, why the hell should I pay a portion of the rewards I reap to them in perpetuity?

These voice actors are realizing someone else's vision - not their own. They should not profit from it beyond their contracted fee.

News Comments > Templar Battleforce Released
1. Re: Templar Battleforce Released Sep 22, 2015, 20:24 mellis

Can you say "Games Workshop lawsuit"?  

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
6. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 15, 2015, 17:54 mellis

ItBurn wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 17:47:
I dare say that Amnesia is the best horror game ever. It achieves the constant horror without the need for constant jump scares. No other game has scared me like that. The new Alien game came close, but I prefer the gameplay and pacing of Amnesia. Amnesia is the father of all modern horror games.

Agreed. Superb game with well acted voice-overs really immerse you in the Lovecrafitan horror. The free DLC 'Justine' is also awesome.

Also; can't argue with free.

News Comments > SOMA Preorders
12. Re: SOMA Preorders Aug 25, 2015, 19:46 mellis

Amnesia: A Dark Descent was a masterpiece. The Lovecraftian Gothic overtones portrayed through the creepy setting, excellent use of sound, strong narrative and immersive voice-over work made it one of my favorites.

I still remember the ex-scripts describing the various grim ways the Vitae is 'obtained' from the local townsfolk.

If you haven't played it, it's worth the price of admission as is the free expansion DLC with the female protagonist.

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
3. Re: Journey of the Light Stean Refunds Aug 7, 2015, 09:19 mellis

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:10:
Great example of (devs) needing to get it right the first time, or you're toast.

Get it right? There isn't even a game here - just a single unsolvable level, apparently.

This developer is attempting outright fraud and deception. Not really the same as releasing a title that may have a few bugs etc.

125 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo